Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 13, 2020 12:06 PM

Dec 2016
Oh my! XD Shirogane's always showing very confident (with Soran Dance skills) and shows the tallent of the demon (not surprised). If it wasn't for Fujiwara and her mother instinct, I don't know how he'll manage to work out ^^; Kaguya was very supportive this time by helping out ;)

Oh the irony... Thinking what Miyuki said to his father that he wasn't a in grade school anymore when the father mentioned the race, and then in the last chapter he was doing the race and won ^^; Well, he did his best after all. Even so, I'm surprised no one mentions this.

Dang! I couldn't believe Kaguya hadn't realize she was talking to Shirogane's father untill he showed up XD Hillarious! But I know the feeling... ;w;

Splendid episode! Two more episodes to end :(

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 13, 2020 12:33 PM

May 2020
Justice has been served for Papa Shirogane. He was simply amazing.

The soran segment was adapted incredibly well too, just seeing Shirogane’s dance being animated makes it so much better, as well as Mother Chika’s yandere act and her fight with Kaguya. Also love the reference to Nagisa and

And that little tease at the end, next episode is going to be a worthy contender for best anime episode of the year if adapted properly.
Jun 13, 2020 12:50 PM

Oct 2008
Oof. A rather big translation error this time around. That one line by Kei, "In the end, who was I talking to?" is translated wrongly. It doesn't make any sense in that context. It should be, "In the end, who was he talking about?" as the entire premise of the segment is her wanting to find out about her brother's crush.

The "誰との話" doesn't literally mean "Who was that conversation with?". It's "Who (along with Miyuki) was that conversation about?"
Jun 13, 2020 12:55 PM

Jun 2014
kevin_video said:
Does someone have a translated version of the graph we got at the end with Miyuki's family?

I'm lazy to create a imgur account so I'll just link you the chapter page

Jun 13, 2020 1:00 PM
Jul 2017
This ep was tailored a bit to fit the next week chapter. People can understand if they love spoilers a bit too much.
Crazy funny ep.
Papa shirogane for the win. Best character in the series.
Next ep gonna be great.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Jun 13, 2020 1:00 PM

Feb 2020
this episode was an easy 10/10

the animation has gotten much better from first season and this episode in particular really stood out in terms of that. i really liked how we got part on osaragi it's sweet how she's always looking out for iino (and ishigami) and it's surprising she doesn't notice it.

there's so much foreshadowing especially in the sport festival parts w/ ishigami (spoilers in latest chapters of kaguya sama)
Jun 13, 2020 1:03 PM

Apr 2020
Miyuki's father strikes again. LOL

Seeing the traditional dance reminded me of doing the traditional folk dances for fishermen when I was in uni. Too nostalgic. I'm shipping Miko x Ishigami after this episode.

Is a new girl about the enter the war?! Also, I really hope when we get to episode 12 season 3 is either announced or confirmed.
Jun 13, 2020 1:16 PM
May 2020
I love how they did episode 10, they gave Kei-chan and Papa Shirogane wonderful screen times, it was so funny how Papa Shirogane bait Kaguya. And they gave us a good insight on what happened between Papa and Mama Shirogane, and what was their past.
The only thing that left me hanging was the last few clips of the episode.
I can't imagine what kind of roller coaster they would give us within the last two episodes of the season.
Jun 13, 2020 1:18 PM

Nov 2019
My prayers have been answered. Ishigami is getting a proper backstory.
Very few shows do comedy well and also invest you in characters, this show really succeeds in that. They strike such a good balance between comedy and actual character development.

Also can someone translate this chart for me?
dipItFooJun 15, 2020 11:54 PM
Jun 13, 2020 1:23 PM

Jan 2009
Actar said:
Oof. A rather big translation error this time around. That one line by Kei, "In the end, who was I talking to?" is translated wrongly. It doesn't make any sense in that context. It should be, "In the end, who was he talking about?" as the entire premise of the segment is her wanting to find out about her brother's crush.

The "誰との話" doesn't literally mean "Who was that conversation with?". It's "Who (along with Miyuki) was that conversation about?"

It's such a pity. A-1 is totally bringing their A game and then some. The VAs are playing their hearts out with fantastic performances.

And then the official subs are much more flawed than what average second-rate fansub groups offer. Not only the translation mistakes (of which you gave a perfect example), but even the quality assurance is complete crap.

"Eventually, I admitted defeated and acknowledged that people like President really did exist."

I mean, WTF? Can't you at least weed out the obvious grammatical errors? Ever heard of proofreading?

This show deserves so much better.
Jun 13, 2020 1:30 PM

Jan 2016
Omg Papa Shirogane almost checkmated Kaguya with just a few questions! xD

Hmm something tells me that next episodes will have a different vibe :O
THANKS SENPIEX
Jun 13, 2020 1:52 PM

Sep 2017
Dio sure has aged poorly. Anyway pretty good episode. Random tragic Ishigami backstory was just blown over in 12 seconds but alright.
ProofByColorJun 13, 2020 1:59 PM
Jun 13, 2020 1:53 PM

Jan 2020
MistaAsh said:
Chadgane gets more screentime. Yayy!!!
Very very high expectations for the next episodes. The way it's going tho, I'm pretty sure we'll get an adaptation which is atleast on par, if not better than the manga...
Fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Now I'm watching just to see ishigami's story
Jun 13, 2020 1:58 PM

Sep 2017
Mentar said:
Actar said:

It's such a pity. A-1 is totally bringing their A game and then some. The VAs are playing their hearts out with fantastic performances.

And then the official subs are much more flawed than what average second-rate fansub groups offer. Not only the translation mistakes (of which you gave a perfect example), but even the quality assurance is complete crap.

"Eventually, I admitted defeated and acknowledged that people like President really did exist."

I mean, WTF? Can't you at least weed out the obvious grammatical errors? Ever heard of proofreading?

This show deserves so much better.

Yeah funimation is pure trash when it comes to subtitles. They just don't give two shits about the quality. Even the formatting is near unwatchable. Them "breaking up" with crunchyroll was such a shame.
Jun 13, 2020 2:02 PM
Nov 2019
Solid episode. Papa Shirogane was probably the highlight, the "sugar daddy" bit had me dying. Curious to see more of Ishigami's backstory.
Jun 13, 2020 2:03 PM
Oct 2019
man this episodes keep getting better and better, the shirogane's dad the sugar daddy had me dying, funny as hell, Curious to see more of Ishigami's backstory.

can't wait for episode 11

5/5
Karuto_ice06Jun 13, 2020 2:07 PM
Jun 13, 2020 2:14 PM

Jan 2009
Rewatched the anime once more, since I was partially distracted.

"Shirogane, ganbare!"

Funi subs: "White team, do your best!"

What the _fish_ are they doing? For crying out loud.
Jun 13, 2020 2:22 PM

Jan 2019
Fantastic Episode as always. 5/5

Perfect chatacters screentime. (except for hayasaka)

I find out that this episode was pretty much more hilarious than some episodes in the past.

In this episode, Shirogane's Papa (aka. DIO) was fucking hilarious, now I like him.
This is how DADDY DADDY DO. lol
Holo no Graffiti is the best anime of all time... peko
Jun 13, 2020 2:47 PM

Aug 2008
The Shirogane family is so dysfunctional, yet so entertaining to watch. I also like the Chika moments, where she basically goes insane.
Psyborgrey said:

Also can someone translate this chart for me?

I'll give it a shot.

Miyuki to Shirogane Papa: Cut it out already!
Shirogane Papa to Miyuki: You're still a kid
Miyuki to Kaguya: wants to be confessed to
Kei to Kaguya: I look up to you
Shirogane Papa to Kaguya: An interesting person...
Shirogane Papa to Kei: Scary...
Miyuki to Kei: I'm worried about you as a brother
Kei to Miyuki: shut up already!
dipItFooJun 16, 2020 12:01 AM

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jun 13, 2020 2:47 PM

Jan 2017
I definitely liked the Soran Bushi training chapter in the anime more than the manga, Shirogane's terrible dancing was definitely a lot better in the anime ww

Can't wait for next week's episode!
Jun 13, 2020 2:48 PM
Aug 2012
Very good episode!! Is it just me or Chikas voice actress changed in this episode?
Jun 13, 2020 2:56 PM
Apr 2018
Miyuki's DAD was the most entertaining character in this episode.
Jun 13, 2020 3:28 PM

Dec 2019
Never a dull moment with this show! Our mystery lady from Ishigami's past has finally made her appearance.
Here we go again...
Jun 13, 2020 3:28 PM

Nov 2007

Look at my boy doing Soran like it's so natural!

But I cannot forgive Ishi-magistrate for giving that Tsuba-boy to Kashi-mama!

Justice for Maki-mama! T_T

For the first time and only once when I wanted to side with Fujiwara and who knew I would be completely joining her side so many chapters later abandoning Kaguya-sama!

Was it the first time we saw the Table Top Trio from the Table Top Gaming Club (TTGC)? They are so dank when they are on a roll! Just love them!

Tie him down Iino<3! Tie that Ishii down!

And A-1 got the beauty back!

Oh, God! Kaguya was so cute in this part. Koga Aoi is destroying my heart with her adorable VA! The way she was rooting for Miyuki!

And Diogane Shinsuke strikes! Gotta love the guy who will either rule "Za Warudo" or "Sekai wo Kowasu". Of course Kaguya will be overwhelmed lol!

Ah~ I wish they added that Hayasaka and Kashiwagi avoiding Iino<3 moments! Those were pure gold. It was a bit rushed but A-1 did manage to capture the best parts nevertheless and merged moments that happens later in the story to give a more concrete understanding of the background of IshiIino's dynamics.

@Mentar: The blatant mistake on Kei's "In the end who were we talking about?" aside, I think I also read Treasurer Fujiwara. Like TF?! The translation has been littered with mistakes after mistake.

Edit: Btw around 24 mins: Kashiwagi actually said Shirogumi i.e. Team White.
dipItFooJun 16, 2020 12:49 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 13, 2020 3:45 PM

Aug 2018
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THIS SHOW CANNOT DECREASE IN QUALITY DOESN'T IT ?

Chika's group and their big dices were funny and Ishigami's is the ultimate underdog go getter but holy hell
DIO ! DIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! GIGANTIC BRAIN SHIROGANE'S FATHER, HE TOOK A PIC OF HOT CHIKA, HE MINDGAMED KAGUYA SOLO HANDLY AND THAT REVEAL WHEN HE REMOVES HIS GLASSES AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

I finally got to see animated that sadistic Chika I've seen spammed in Kaguya discussions for a year, that's cool.
Jun 13, 2020 3:47 PM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
Sounds odd hearing Dio's voice come from a normal dude 😂

Laughed my ass off at the end when Shirogane was crying out after his dad baited Shinomiya.
Jun 13, 2020 3:52 PM

Jan 2009

You're right. If you rewatch it multiple times and listen closely, it was indeed Shirogumi. The weird connection threw me off - Kashiwagi yelling this, then Shirogane (Red team!) winks back, to which Kashiwagi seemingly reacted with "Ganbatte!".
Jun 13, 2020 4:04 PM

May 2020
The first part was a interesnting, not because it gave more to Kei's personality but beacuse it gave space to Shirogane's Father, who I enjoyed the time in screen he had on the 1st and 3th part of the Ep. The second part was not biggest thing in the world, gaving more details in the Sensei-Student relation of Chika and Miyuki with some good laugh points. The 3rd part was the major event of the EP, it showed some of Ishiagmi's past and how his personality was built and his relation with Iino, while the scenes where Shirogane's dad appered it was enjoyable and nice, the scene between him and Kaguya was one the best of this episode.
P.S: Looks like Ishigami is evolving! He evolved into Ishichad!
Le_UsernameJun 13, 2020 4:12 PM
Jun 13, 2020 4:06 PM
Saber Devotee

Jun 2015
Sugar daddy Miyuki nailed it, he started and ended the episode with a banger.
This episode was once again hilarious and perfectly done. 6/5

Soran, soran, soran

Jun 13, 2020 4:11 PM

Nov 2018
Wow, that was such a great episode, we are truly being blessed here. I think this solidifies the fact this is the best show of the first half of the year.

MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Jun 13, 2020 4:11 PM

Nov 2007
Mentar said:

You're right. If you rewatch it multiple times and listen closely, it was indeed Shirogumi. The weird connection threw me off - Kashiwagi yelling this, then Shirogane (Red team!) winks back, to which Kashiwagi seemingly reacted with "Ganbatte!".

Even though her boyfriend was Team Red, she didn't hesitate to yell "Good Luck" despite of being a Team White. This prompted Kaguya to do the same. And she chose the safest possible area with no one in the vicinity and with the lowest possible voice possible.

But It Was I, Dio.

Btw missed Diogane taking the glasses off and telling Kaguya to give him the thanks for bringing up Miyuki as a parent.

Protip for anime onlies: READ THE MANGA!
Coronavirus.
Jun 13, 2020 4:13 PM

Feb 2019
Awesome episode.

Shinomiya really rocks that ponytail.
Jun 13, 2020 4:19 PM

Oct 2015
Shirogane's family situation is really hard, but looks like Miyuki manages to perform well at school despite that.

Chika has sort of stockholm syndrome haha, getting jealous about Kaguya teaching Miyuki.

I hope the next chapter focuses on Ishigami and what happened in the past with that girl. Was the girl at the end her?
Jun 13, 2020 4:33 PM

Apr 2015
lovetwoyou said:
I definitely liked the Soran Bushi training chapter in the anime more than the manga, Shirogane's terrible dancing was definitely a lot better in the anime ww

Can't wait for next week's episode!

Same goes for me! In the manga, I found it to be a decent chapter, but the anime made it hilarious. Tbh for me at least, with some exceptions, most of them are funnier in anime form, while some work better in the manga, for example Kaguya's fetish.
Jun 13, 2020 4:36 PM

Mar 2010
hands down the dice rolling was the best part, but man this was such a great time. I laughed so much I felt my lungs would collapse XD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 13, 2020 4:41 PM

Nov 2013
I’m interested in the blonde girl from the Cheerleading squad that was watching Ishigami.
I wonder if she’ll get introduced this season..

Honestly more interested with the side character stuff (ie. Ishigami story) than the bits with Kaguya and Shirogane.
herricklukJun 13, 2020 4:45 PM
Jun 13, 2020 4:41 PM

Feb 2019
Kei best girl

white hair + imouto + not loli (like sagiri)
Jun 13, 2020 4:55 PM

May 2015
I'm so excited for the next episode. If they adapt it as well as they have for everything else, this will probably end up being AOTY, and I might even give it a 10.

Jun 13, 2020 5:14 PM

Feb 2017
Sadly, this episode didn't featured the scene where Fujiwara's mom and Chika's older sister appears. Also, Hayasaka was absent today when she was talking to her mother and also that she was #1 in the Iino's most wanted list, but still, was an excellent episode...

9/10

Cannot wait to see Ishigami's past!!!!!!!!!!!!

herrickluk said:
I’m interested in the blonde girl from the Cheerleading squad that was watching Ishigami.
I wonder if she’ll get introduced this season..

Honestly more interested with the side character stuff (ie. Ishigami story) than the bits with Kaguya and Shirogane.

The blonde girl is Rei Onodera. You have to wait until the next season to see more about her...
dipItFooJun 16, 2020 1:00 AM
We are EVERYWHERE...
Jun 13, 2020 5:25 PM

Apr 2019
The whole soran dance bit was hilarious, found it even funnier than I did in the manga.

Glad we got to see Kei again, this time in her "rebellious phase".

Nice transition between Shirogane and Shinomiya to Ishigami running in the three legged race. The last shot really sets the tone for what's bouta happen next episode, and I can't wait for it!
Jun 13, 2020 5:36 PM
May 2020
What happened with Chika Fujiwara's voice?? Why they did this? õ_o It's just wierd do that right now.

Jun 13, 2020 5:46 PM
Oct 2018
The adaptation of Shirogne papa with Kaguya is pretty on point if I remembered well.
And finally more of Ishigamis' past will be revealed. Soran! Soran! ~
Jun 13, 2020 6:00 PM

Dec 2016
Is little things like more focus on Ishigami and his story that make me smile.
Jun 13, 2020 6:35 PM

Dec 2013
Fujiwara going full yandere when she saw Kaguya trying to teach Shirogane was hilarious. Never piss off mama Fujiwara!

We finally learn more about why the female population hates Ishigami but I can't imagine the rumors are actually true. I'm curious why Ishigami never defended himself. Hopefully we learn more about what happened next episode.

Shirogane's father is amazing. Poor Kaguya got completely played.
Jun 13, 2020 6:44 PM

Nov 2007
herrickluk said:
I’m interested in the blonde girl from the Cheerleading squad that was watching Ishigami. I wonder if she’ll get introduced this season..

No. She will not be introduced anymore than she has been as of now.

Just for the record, I like her. And I like her A LOT! Not because she is the Captain but because of her character design, overall looks and personality. I think in the entire Kaguya-sama manga, she is the only "Normal" person.
Coronavirus.
Jun 13, 2020 6:56 PM

Dec 2016
I've braced myself for the upcoming arcs. Things can only get better from here.
Jun 13, 2020 7:33 PM

Dec 2012
AnimaExZero said:
Sadly, this episode didn't featured the scene where Fujiwara's mom and Chika's older sister appears. Also, Hayasaka was absent today when she was talking to her mother and also that she was #1 in the Iino's most wanted list, but still, was an excellent episode...

9/10

Cannot wait to see Ishigami's past!!!!!!!!!!!!

This episode mainly cover chapter 83-86..
While the scene you mentioned is in chapter 87..lets see next week
Jun 13, 2020 7:35 PM

Jul 2012
I almost choke on my coffee at the "sugar daddy" line by papa DIO... I mean, Shirogane. I love that dude lol

I'm so sad there's only two episodes left, I love this show SO much!
Jun 13, 2020 7:37 PM
Jul 2018
Nitrozy said:
What happened with Chika Fujiwara's voice?? Why they did this? õ_o It's just wierd do that right now.

stef56 said:
Very good episode!! Is it just me or Chikas voice actress changed in this episode?

I myself actually thought Chika's voice sounded strangely low at some parts of the episode. I figured I'd have been the only person to notice and let it slide. But yeah, I noticed something peculiar about Chika's voice in this episode too.
Jun 13, 2020 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
This is the one anime I die to see on a weekly basis. Every day, I think to myself, “Alright, four more days until the new episode… three more days… just two more days!” And then Saturday comes around and I’m ecstatic. I’ve never been so excited for new episodes of any other anime for some reason.
* Damn, what a tragic backstory for Ishigami, though. A quarter of the school seems to outwardly dislike him. Even before his backstory I had hella empathy, but the more we learn about him, the more the empathy levels continue to rise. This is honestly why I was so excited for Episode 10 — he’s my personal favorite character so when an arc revolving around him begun in Episode 9, I had high hopes for the next one.
* I was bummed when Ishigami didn’t get as much spotlight as I’d anticipated, but it was cool seeing him pop up at the very end. The girl he allegedly “stalked” made an appearance too, which may be more setting the scene for his arc progression.
* I wasn’t sure how much more I could take of the Miyuki/Kaguya awkwardness though. Glad that was resolved in the episode.
* There was some nice utilization of Kei and glasses girl, too. It was also very interesting seeing Miyuki’s father. It was funny seeing him sitting by himself with a can of beer. Reminds me of my father lol.

As usual, I enjoyed the episode in its entirety. I’m saddened that there are only two more episodes left of the season. I’m sure there’ll be a Season 3, but we’ll obviously have to wait until, like, 2022 before its airing.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

373 by IMPatoto »»
Oct 4, 6:46 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

godcanute - May 3, 2020

204 by Xeehad »»
Aug 28, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

671 by _untitled »»
Aug 7, 1:09 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

246 by _untitled »»
Aug 3, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2020

216 by _untitled »»
Aug 2, 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.