Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2019 11:54 AM
Oct 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Hrybami said:
Can we all agree that the HxH fanbase is definitely the worst? Lmao just look at this amount of butthurt fans pretending their garbage show is a divine creation.

I wouldn't call the anime a garbage, it's definitely good if you ask me, but the fanbase of it really is bad..

This problem comes with every franchise with a big fanbase. Kny is no exception to it. Neither is snk or gintama or one piece etc. Plus for the most part hxh do give reason for people to praise it and so some assholes of that fandom(i'm not a part of it) have superiority complex. Why not look in kny fandom for example. From what I've seen instead of telling a reason ti consider it better than other shonen they are shitting in snk gintama and jojo. I mean lets be real from what we have seen of kny and snk plot wise snk is superior( pure plot not anything eles) and I can see Kny fans calling snk plot shit while praising kny to be a better written show.
Sep 29, 2019 11:55 AM

May 2016
o. definitely no.
Sep 29, 2019 11:56 AM

May 2016
No. definitely no.
Sep 29, 2019 12:01 PM

Oct 2018
25NOVember said:
-Aincrad- said:

I wouldn't call the anime a garbage, it's definitely good if you ask me, but the fanbase of it really is bad..

This problem comes with every franchise with a big fanbase. Kny is no exception to it. Neither is snk or gintama or one piece etc. Plus for the most part hxh do give reason for people to praise it and so some assholes of that fandom(i'm not a part of it) have superiority complex. Why not look in kny fandom for example. From what I've seen instead of telling a reason ti consider it better than other shonen they are shitting in snk gintama and jojo. I mean lets be real from what we have seen of kny and snk plot wise snk is superior( pure plot not anything eles) and I can see Kny fans calling snk plot shit while praising kny to be a better written show.

Good point. Every popular anime has some terrible fans, not just good ones.

You just reminded me of what I've heard from someone on YT:

"The more popular an anime becomes, the larger the fan base becomes. The larger the fan base becomes, the more weirdos in the fandom with louder voices."

This perfectly sums it up.
-Aincrad-Sep 29, 2019 12:08 PM
Sep 29, 2019 12:02 PM

Mar 2018
@Hrybami Why don't you just write a review for HxH? I swear you've written hundreds of posts calling HxH garbage, without giving any reasons. It's impossible to take you serious when your own attitude is that of a 11 yr battle shounen fan. Insane
poop
Sep 29, 2019 1:28 PM
Jan 2017
MehmetY said:
I think it's better than HxH (Except Chimera Arc), FMAB, BnHA, Haikyuu!! and most of other shounen shows. But SnK and JoJo Part 1-2-5's anime adaptations are better.

It's so funny how people have such different opinions. Personally, I am not sure which show is best, but HxH is one of the best when I look back. The Chimera Arc is my least favorite I believe, lol. FMAB, BnHA are also really good in my opinion. I don't like Haikyuu at all. Jojo is absolutely terrible and made no sense for me. SnK is really good too.
KnY is ok(pretty mediocre) but uncomparable to HxH, FMAB, BnHA, Black Clover, Death Note, and others.
Sep 29, 2019 1:31 PM

Oct 2017
Eternal shonen: One Piece/Hunter x Hunter
Classic shonen: Yu Yu Hakusho/Slam Dunk
Modern shonen: Naruto
Post-Modern shonen: My Hero Academia/Kimetsu no Yaiba

JoJo/Death Note/Vinland saga never truly belonged to shonen jump in demographic

there IS no best

Sep 29, 2019 1:37 PM
Jan 2017
LalatinaDarkness said:
Monarch9 said:
The worst thing about kny and mha fandom (sadly I'm part of both) is that most are fucking casuals and thing their fav anime is the best anime of all time.

It doesn't hold a candle to HxH, heck even classics like Yu Yu Hakusho.

Honestly, it seems like HxH hits hard on every spot...I love the characters, the story, the animation, how the world is set and the powers are super awesome. The story is intriguing, amazing antagonists, as well as protagonists and even the supporting and episodic characters, are amazingly interesting. It's just so well made, so memorable, fuck.
Sep 29, 2019 1:39 PM
Jan 2017
Esquirtit said:
Even Naruto is better in my humble opinion

Well, I would say Naruto is enjoyable, although has some flaws. So yeah, I completely agree with you. I enjoyed Naruto a lot.
Sep 29, 2019 1:42 PM

Nov 2014
i usually dont like shonen but its my favorite for shure, i think FMAB is boring so yea HxH prob will be boring for me too
Sep 29, 2019 1:45 PM
Jan 2017
Siul-08 said:
i usually dont like shonen but its my favorite for shure, i think FMAB is boring so yea HxH prob will be boring for me too

Nah, they are quite different actually. I can't comprehend someone who wouldn't like HxH.
Sep 29, 2019 1:45 PM
Jun 2019
Nope.
I think 'kny' can't be best shounen. But maybe in future could be in best 10.
Sep 29, 2019 1:48 PM
Jan 2017
Hrybami said:
Can we all agree that the HxH fanbase is definitely the worst? Lmao just look at this amount of butthurt fans pretending their garbage show is a divine creation.

A good argument that HxH is trash, please?
Sep 29, 2019 2:01 PM

Oct 2013
KarimEdward said:
LalatinaDarkness said:

It doesn't hold a candle to HxH, heck even classics like Yu Yu Hakusho.

Honestly, it seems like HxH hits hard on every spot...I love the characters, the story, the animation, how the world is set and the powers are super awesome. The story is intriguing, amazing antagonists, as well as protagonists and even the supporting and episodic characters, are amazingly interesting. It's just so well made, so memorable, fuck.

What is so amazing about the story? I know most hxh fans love it for two reason, the first reason is for its characters and the second reason is how well develop men is, you don't here anyone talk about how amazing hxh story is, because its pretty simple, for the most part.

Hxh is a character driven series, the characters is what drive the series not it's story.

JFuji said:
Damn. All these whippersnappers listing Haikyuu, SnK, DS. Dudes sleeping on Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, Samurai X etc. No wonder Demon Slayer is this high. Recency bias is crazy.

Also not surprising there are people threatened by Hunter X Hunter.

Consensus top 3 anime on this website. With top tier writing that is often lost on those who dislike it. Often not enough anime titties for their taste.

Snk is also top 3 as well on this website incase you haven't notice, not to mention it should be #2 if it wasn't for the fmab crisis.

Also I have watch all those series which are good too, I gave them all a 9/10, but snk still tops them.

ToG25thBaam said:
Ayy don't mind me, just here showing some love for One Piece. #OnePiece957

-Aincrad- said:

Yeah I've noticed that too lol
I mean, the same "Hunter x Hunter fans" listed FMAB, Gintama as well as Jojo to go along with their list.. y'all should have expected HxH to top the best shounen list anyway whenever the topic comes up, especially on MAL.

No, fmab is the most loved shounen series, it being #1 shows it, it just so happen that most of the person here are huge hxh fans.

And once the final season of snk is release, none of these shounen whether old or new, will even come close to the level of snk, it won't even be a contest anymore, that is if we get a good studio to adapt it, example production of, if wit won't be continuing it.
Sep 29, 2019 2:45 PM

Jun 2009
I think it's another case of Soul Eater / D.Gray-man / Magi / Katekyo Hitman Reborn

A series that is super popular while it's airing, but gets forgotten in a couple of years once everyone will move to some new mainstream shonen.

It's simply not distinct enough to leave a lasting impact.
Sep 29, 2019 2:46 PM

Oct 2016
My problem with HxH is that seems to be so highly praised basically because off of one arc. I know people who thought HxH was average everywhere besides the Chimera Ant Arc, but they still gave it a 10 just because of that arc. Imo HxH the arcs in HxH are just too disjointed and too up and down in quality.

Like the Chimera Ant Arc literally came out of nowhere and takes up like half of the show. And then the show ends shortly after that leaving so much to be desired along with so much loose plot ends and unfinished story points (just speaking on the anime here).

And in terms of up and down arc quality, the hunter exam was just good, then the killua family arc was alright, then heavens feel was just good again, then Yorknew City was amazing, but anticlimactic. Then we have greed island which was just alright again. And then the Chimera Ant Arc which was a mix between alright, good, great, and amazing, but with serious pacing issues. And then the Election Arc which was just alright. There's just no consistent quality imo. The series is just too up and down for me with random disconnected arcs, and too many unexplored plot points which is why I can't think that highly of it.
Sep 29, 2019 2:48 PM

Oct 2018
kronos7 said:
I think it's another case of Soul Eater / D.Gray-man / Magi / Katekyo Hitman Reborn

A series that is super popular while it's airing, but gets forgotten in a couple of years once everyone will move to some new mainstream shonen.

I don't think it's one of those series.

KnY really left a big impression on everyone, so it won't just be forgotten so easily, mainly since a sequel has already been announced.
Sep 29, 2019 3:07 PM

Jun 2009
-Aincrad- said:
kronos7 said:

I don't think it's one of those series.

KnY really left a big impression on everyone, so it won't just be forgotten so easily, mainly since a sequel has already been announced.

Ehh, I feel like those series had similar praise and hype back in the days and yet they were forgotten anyway. KnY is also rather hit or miss when it comes to audiance and you can see many people complaining about the humor or some characters.

It's definitely not bad, but I don't see it as something that will become an iron classic. Maybe 2d season will change my mind, but will see.
Sep 29, 2019 3:22 PM

May 2012
Ashita no Joe and Hikaru no Go are quite possibly my favorite works published in a Shonen-Magazine. So I disagree somewhat. One shouldn't also harp on semantics too much, yet Shonen is just a demographic, and you nowadays can't decuce from a simple label what the actual content will be about. Mangaka and the publishing magazine are far more important.

Also see here.
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
Sep 29, 2019 3:22 PM
Sep 2019
@Everyone comparing battle shounen with sports shounen. That probably isnt the comparison that OP was hoping for.

Now here is my opinion. KnY was the best ongoing shounen last season. Ufotable has amazing animation for LN and Game Adaptations; especially in regards to their fight scenes. Kara no Kyoukai, Fate Series (Excluding the 06 ver. of Stay Night). The stories and stoic development of Kamado Tanjiro was honestly only competed with by Enen no Shouboutai and the hype from Wano in OP. Boruto has also got some hype building up atm but I dont follow it. In terms of best shounen fights I think its relative to personal opinions but here are some of my favorites, not to include KnY.

TTGL (Heaven Shattering Gurren Lagann)
One Piece
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Hunter x Hunter (Both versions are good but the first ends at the start of York New cities arc, iirc)
Samurai Champloo
Dragon Ball + Sequential series that come chronologically after.

If any sports series applied to the OPs tastes Id imagine theyd be along the lines of.

Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple
Tengou Tenge
Shura no Toki Mutsu Enmei Ryuu Gaiden
Baki the Grappler

As all of these -while not strictly shounen- involve sports based fighting.
Sep 29, 2019 3:28 PM
Oct 2012
ClickBaitBuster said:
Its better than MHA

What isn't better than MHA?
Sep 29, 2019 3:31 PM

May 2018
Takuto_Shindou said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
Its better than MHA

Black clover? Boruto?
MHA might not be the best but it's well produced.
Sep 29, 2019 3:35 PM

Aug 2016
Esquirtit said:
@Hrybami Why don't you just write a review for HxH? I swear you've written hundreds of posts calling HxH garbage, without giving any reasons. It's impossible to take you serious when your own attitude is that of a 11 yr battle shounen fan. Insane

It's probably one of the cringiest and stalest gimmicks on this website.
Sep 29, 2019 3:39 PM

Oct 2018
Thanjh said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
I swear if this reaches 9.00...

EDIT: FOR FUCK'S SAKE
chill it's a glitch. 8.95 still way too high though

It will still reach 9 though

Probably just temporarily, but still will do.
Sep 29, 2019 3:40 PM

Jan 2016
Lmfao not even close
Sep 29, 2019 3:44 PM

Mar 2018
Nope! It's hitting such high scores because of the 19th episode (it gave the anime that boost it lacked) which was great I won't deny it, but most of the other parts are pretty much mediocre.

People for the love of god stop making new accounts to ask questions...

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 29, 2019 3:46 PM

Apr 2015
Nope, not even close.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 29, 2019 3:46 PM

Dec 2016
Takuto_Shindou said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
Its better than MHA

Demon Slayer, for example
Sep 29, 2019 3:47 PM

Jun 2015
No, but is great adaptation. But with the years so many Shonen has get a great adaption.
Jojo, Noragami, Kekkai Sensen, HxH, Shingeki no Kyojin, Koe no Katachi, Haikyu, Shigatsu wa kimi no Uso, Promised Neverland, Bakuman, Ansatsu Kyoshitsu, Mahoutsukai no Yome, Gin no Saji, Zetsuen no Tempest, Ushio to Tora, etc.
Sep 29, 2019 3:50 PM

Apr 2016
Thanjh said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
I swear if this reaches 9.00...

EDIT: FOR FUCK'S SAKE
chill it's a glitch. 8.95 still way too high though
Nah, with MAL it sometimes takes a while for the shows to reach their actual post-finish score that culls all the scores from people who dropped before finishing 1/4-1/5 of the show (in this case, 5 episodes). With this season, it's been especially weird about this whole thing if you look at the scores of shows like Sounan Desu ka and To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts and whatnot.
Sep 29, 2019 3:53 PM
Oct 2012
Rider9530 said:
Takuto_Shindou said:

Black clover? Boruto?
MHA might not be the best but it's well produced.

Exactly, it's well-produced, that's the only reason people worship the show so much, because of the unlimited budget animation.
MHA with the budget of Golden Kamuy would be the flop of the decade.
Sep 29, 2019 4:54 PM
Jan 2017
Hrybami said:

No one seems butthurt to me. I think people are just stating their opinions, though some are a little more passionate than others about theirs. Obviously, this is a subjective question, even if it seems like people are stating their opinions as facts.
Sep 29, 2019 5:09 PM

Mar 2018
JFuji said:
Esquirtit said:

It's probably one of the cringiest and stalest gimmicks on this website.

Yeah, I've never seen a more pathetic hater. Like, when I don't like a series, I'm not going to bring it up constantly and talk shit about its fans. This thread is why fandom wars are hilarious, OP asks which shounen is the best and then you get people whining about people voicing their opinions
poop
Sep 29, 2019 5:27 PM

Aug 2018
Its gonna be Hunter x Hunter and SnK
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Sep 29, 2019 7:05 PM
Jul 2018
Unpopular opinion: It's good but not that good.

I will say that Tanjirou is one of the best shounen protags out there.
Sep 29, 2019 7:10 PM

Nov 2014
KarimEdward said:
Siul-08 said:

Nah, they are quite different actually. I can't comprehend someone who wouldn't like HxH.

I will give it a try some day but i watched 1 episode and didnt get me because as i said im not a fan of shonens
Sep 29, 2019 8:11 PM

Jul 2016
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Hunter x Hunter
Fullmetal Alchemist
One Piece
Gintama

are all better. It's very good, though.
Sep 29, 2019 8:20 PM

Aug 2012
Lmao no. I'm 11 episodes in and it really isn't the best at all. It's meh so far. A good shonen would have gotten me hooked by now.
Sep 29, 2019 8:32 PM

Jan 2018
It's the best so far yes. There can always be something that does it better, like a good anti hero shuonen anime with a high budget to compete with Ufotable :p
Sep 29, 2019 8:34 PM

Feb 2018
Keijo is 100 times better than Yaiba
Sep 29, 2019 9:05 PM

Oct 2015
uhm no... that would be hunter x hunter imo
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Sep 29, 2019 9:15 PM

Dec 2017
Katanari said:
Do you think KnY is the best shonen anime of all time ?

idk. I haven't watched the anime yet. I'll edit this post once I finished it
Sep 29, 2019 10:13 PM

Aug 2018
Dude, there's ONE season of it!
None of us can know if it is the best or not, because it didn't end yet. Why the f**k yall are judging an incomplete story? Makes no sense to me.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Sep 29, 2019 10:34 PM
Sep 2019
No but it's certainly up there.

In my opinion, SnK, HxH and FMAB are the "cream of the crop" of shonen/battle anime. BnH and KnY are excellent but they are a tier below the above shows.
Sep 29, 2019 10:46 PM
Apr 2019
lol
that's the problem with fanbase, they will call their favourite anime "The Best" in any genre.That' what make other to hate popular animes.
Sep 29, 2019 10:46 PM
Jul 2014
Liamon said:
Lmao no. I'm 11 episodes in and it really isn't the best at all. It's meh so far. A good shonen would have gotten me hooked by now.

Agree, I think it starts off rather slow. I finished the anime and am up-to-date with the manga, and I think it does pick up the pace quite a bit.

I vote HxH
Sep 29, 2019 10:57 PM

Aug 2012
Strong said:
Liamon said:

Agree, I think it starts off rather slow. I finished the anime and am up-to-date with the manga, and I think it does pick up the pace quite a bit.

I vote HxH

Yes, a second vote for HXH.
Sep 29, 2019 11:05 PM

Oct 2018
NakolHira said:
lol
that's the problem with fanbase, they will call their favourite anime "The Best" in any genre.That' what make other to hate popular animes.

I believe when most people say "the best", they mean it's the best for them, not the best in general, that's it's objectively the best one.
Sep 29, 2019 11:08 PM

Jun 2015
Objectively, No, Many past shounen such as Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, and DBZ have had much more depth to their shows compared to this. While the animation is really good, the writting, plot, and characters all lack in luster. However in my opinion it is better then its rival Shounen show My Hero Academia

Of course to many new anime watchers watching shounen for the first time in their lives they will think this is one of the best shows their eyes every laid eyes on. For those people, I simply ask them to expand their watch list.
Sep 30, 2019 12:19 AM

Jan 2019
In my opinion, Kimetsu no Yaiba has a potential to become a good shounen story, but still not the best shounen anime. There's a lot of lack in this series that still need to explain in detail. Although, I like its art and animation and I admit its popularity through all of the anime fans because that's one of the biggest reason that KnY stands high up there in the ranking list
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.