Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 15, 2019 4:11 PM

Apr 2016
soo i'll be in tokyo all of january with a couple of friends and besides akihabara and harajuku, we don't have anything else weeb related to do. suggestions pls <3
Aug 15, 2019 4:22 PM

Jul 2016
Do, this, each of you with a different dakimakura.

Aug 15, 2019 11:06 PM

Dec 2016
why would you want to do anything weeby?

but, if you're still looking for suggestions after ipe's splendid input, you can always just visit a bookstore and buy some manga. or visit some maid cafes if you're desperate. you may also be able to book tickets for a sumo match, seeing as you're planning quite early.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Aug 15, 2019 11:20 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Oh... tens of kilometers of walking on the overcrowded streets of Tokyo during the winter. I wish you good luck, this is a hell on earth.

I don't know what to suggest honestly. Why don't you try some non-weeb activities instead?
149597871Aug 15, 2019 11:24 PM
Aug 15, 2019 11:31 PM

Mar 2012
IpreferEcchi said:

I support this. Cause I’d do it lol.
Aug 16, 2019 12:14 AM

Jul 2007
If you're in Japan practically everything you do, assuming you're a weeaboo, is weeb-related.
Aug 16, 2019 10:40 AM

Apr 2016
149597871 said:
Oh... tens of kilometers of walking on the overcrowded streets of Tokyo during the winter. I wish you good luck, this is a hell on earth.

I don't know what to suggest honestly. Why don't you try some non-weeb activities instead?

oh we have a lot of non-weeb related stuff to do, just wanted to throw in some weeb stuff lol
Aug 16, 2019 10:41 AM

Apr 2016
photophobic said:
why would you want to do anything weeby?

but, if you're still looking for suggestions after ipe's splendid input, you can always just visit a bookstore and buy some manga. or visit some maid cafes if you're desperate. you may also be able to book tickets for a sumo match, seeing as you're planning quite early.

it's not like i'm only looking to do weeb things lol, just wanted some anime related stuff ^^
also i'll look into that but i heard tickets are very expensive
Aug 16, 2019 11:00 PM

Dec 2018
Bruh ignore the others, ill help a brother out, if u get me
- Pokemon cafe
- Tokyo station, character street
- This place called Suga Shrine, its the location of the iconic 'Your Name' stair case and streets
- Kawaii monster cafe
- lifesize Unicorn Gundam Statue in Odaiba (heres a photo I took with it to reference its size https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz5GXC7JNxf/ its the third image)
- Gacha ( a shop in akihabara that I really recommend)
- this may be reaching but... a hedgehog cafe (not really anime related, but they're very cute)
Aug 17, 2019 12:18 AM

Sep 2007
Once you're in Japan, you're no longer a weeb. You're just that weird foreigner who has no sense of Japanese culture. Basically, you're just a minor character (no pun intended).

Aug 17, 2019 9:22 AM

Apr 2016
Foy said:
Bruh ignore the others, ill help a brother out, if u get me
- Pokemon cafe
- Tokyo station, character street
- This place called Suga Shrine, its the location of the iconic 'Your Name' stair case and streets
- Kawaii monster cafe
- lifesize Unicorn Gundam Statue in Odaiba (heres a photo I took with it to reference its size https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz5GXC7JNxf/ its the third image)
- Gacha ( a shop in akihabara that I really recommend)
- this may be reaching but... a hedgehog cafe (not really anime related, but they're very cute)

first off, thanks a lot :D
- Pokemon cafe (defo gotta add this to the plans)
- Tokyo station, character street (i'll be there a few times for bus/trains)
- This place called Suga Shrine, its the location of the iconic 'Your Name' stair case and streets (this is a must go for me :D)
- Kawaii monster cafe (going on the first day already :p)
- lifesize Unicorn Gundam Statue in Odaiba (might check out when i go to odaiba, not very familair with gundams tho)
- Gacha (i'll be sure to look for it when we go to akihabara ^^)
- this may be reaching but... a hedgehog cafe (i'm defo looking this up lol, sounds fun)
Aug 17, 2019 9:25 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Nek0 said:
Once you're in Japan, you're no longer a weeb. You're just that weird foreigner who has no sense of Japanese culture.

Anime and manga are a huge part of the Japanese culture, most Japanese people will be happy to hear that you are interested in those things.
Aug 17, 2019 9:29 AM

Jul 2019
Go to an store full of anime and hentai, hell go to one those 8 floor arcades.
Aug 17, 2019 9:40 AM

Dec 2017
Visit kabukicho it is a red light district.
Chichibu bridge (the bridge in anohana)
mizuho (the town in clannad)

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Aug 17, 2019 9:54 AM

Apr 2016
thevagus said:
Visit kabukicho it is a red light district.
Chichibu bridge (the bridge in anohana)
mizuho (the town in clannad)

i'll keep those in mind, thanks :p
i gotta make space for the clannad thing tho, it's instantly in the priority list lol
Aug 17, 2019 6:00 PM

Jan 2018
Try a family-style japanese restaurant. Make sure the price is right for you though. This is because from watching a video they say it's worth a visit if you like to eat. (the moving food) The empty plate can go inside the hole for a slot machine gamble. Shounen character eat a lot so you can do it too.
Aug 17, 2019 8:12 PM

Jan 2012
149597871 said:
Nek0 said:
Once you're in Japan, you're no longer a weeb. You're just that weird foreigner who has no sense of Japanese culture.

Anime and manga are a huge part of the Japanese culture, most Japanese people will be happy to hear that you are interested in those things.

You're still a gaijin no matter what and many Japanese won't ever see you any other way.

I went to Japan earlier this year and I can't really think of anything more weeby than going to a maid cafe. You could also go to an anime con while there assuming there is one hosted during your visit. You could also try going to places outside of Tokyo like Kyoto, Osaka, etc. I'd really recommend it as some of my favorite parts of the trip were visiting Kyoto and seeing the snow monkeys and going to Nara park to see the bowing deer you can feed. The shinkansen is quite pricey though and you definitely want to plan the trips. Visit the Kowloon City arcade if you can only pick one of my suggestions please. That arcade has an awesome design and has 5 floors of coolness.
you sound poor
Aug 17, 2019 8:45 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
@Mxs_ it mostly depends on your language skills to be honest. There are plenty of interviews you can find on the internet that support my previous comment.
Aug 17, 2019 8:46 PM

Mar 2008
149597871 said:
Nek0 said:

You being serious or sarcastic? Since I thought only manga was popular and anime was more niche.
Aug 17, 2019 8:51 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
traed said:
149597871 said:

You being serious or sarcastic? Since I thought only manga was popular and anime was more niche.

No, that isn't the case at all and I'm being serious, anime is literally everywhere and is very popular.
Aug 17, 2019 10:17 PM
Mar 2018
talk to the locals in broken Japanese
Aug 17, 2019 10:19 PM

May 2013
You should go and visit a shrine. Get on your knees and pray. Visiting Japan should give you something for your soul.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Aug 17, 2019 10:42 PM

Apr 2016
Mxs_ said:
149597871 said:

You're still a gaijin no matter what and many Japanese won't ever see you any other way.

I went to Japan earlier this year and I can't really think of anything more weeby than going to a maid cafe. You could also go to an anime con while there assuming there is one hosted during your visit. You could also try going to places outside of Tokyo like Kyoto, Osaka, etc. I'd really recommend it as some of my favorite parts of the trip were visiting Kyoto and seeing the snow monkeys and going to Nara park to see the bowing deer you can feed. The shinkansen is quite pricey though and you definitely want to plan the trips. Visit the Kowloon City arcade if you can only pick one of my suggestions please. That arcade has an awesome design and has 5 floors of coolness.

right, thanks.
i'm going to kyoto and osaka but our schedules are full for those locations. had some spare time in tokyo tho ^^

Gan_water said:
You should go and visit a shrine. Get on your knees and pray. Visiting Japan should give you something for your soul.

going to go to a bunch of shrines in kyoto :p, thanks tho
Aug 17, 2019 10:54 PM

May 2013
imBones said:

Gan_water said:

going to go to a bunch of shrines in kyoto :p, thanks tho

WELL COOL THEN

hah, honestly your thread made me want to visit japan myself for some reason
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Aug 19, 2019 11:13 AM

Jul 2007
Eat some delicious Japanese food, of course. Itadakimasu!
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Sep 4, 2019 8:45 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
IpreferEcchi said:
hahahahah that really made my day, have been feeling pretty uneasy/blank/idkwhattocallthisfeeling lately
thanks a lot for the laugh
never really understood the popularity of body pillows anyway
Sep 4, 2019 10:40 PM

Sep 2012
Bang a hentai voice actress. Tell her you're from the states and she'll do it for publicity or something idk.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕

More topics from this board

» Seeking Recommendations for Top Employment Law Firm in Los Angeles

johancarter32 - Yesterday

4 by Sad »»
2 minutes ago

» What are the best pair of headphones you've owned? ( 1 2 )

SupremeGod - Jul 30

63 by Pokitaru »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you talk while looking into your opponent's eyes?

GinIonSui - 10 hours ago

17 by Kwanthemaster »»
10 minutes ago

» What were your hobbies and interests as a child?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

22 by Nette »»
10 minutes ago

» Why doesn't Human food have 100% Vitamins

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

10 by Kwanthemaster »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.