Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2019 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Got info dump about the history of Titans, Ymir, etc. Also, there's the important flashbacks of Grisha, Eren's father. I think the overall narrative for the episode fits pretty well considering the amount of content revealed. The serum injection scene is hard to watch.

Quite an important episode tbh.

Two more left.
Jun 16, 2019 8:37 AM
Feb 2018
Felt a bit rushed and lacked in animation but still great.
Jun 16, 2019 8:37 AM

Mar 2016
Personally I think they could've only adapted up to Dina but I liked the episode nonetheless. Seeing finally Kruger animated is a dream come true.

Next episode: "Shingeki no Kyojin"

Jun 16, 2019 8:38 AM

Jan 2018
Amazing episode. Fuck Gross
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jun 16, 2019 8:39 AM
May 2016
Adored the ep. While the pacing was tighter than previous eps, the chapters themselves also went by quite quickly in the manga considering how much information was packed in it. But fucking hell, that god-tier voice acting, that god-tier OST. They absolutely nailed it, going to be pretty sweet to see how everyone reacts to this considering we get the bulk of the reveal in this ep now.
Jun 16, 2019 8:40 AM
May 2016
SethBigBoss said:
Amazing episode. Fuck Gross

>SergeantMajorGross (Anime)
Cringe.
Jun 16, 2019 8:40 AM

Apr 2019
Loved Gross Speech.
I didn't like the Voice Acting overall to be honest.
The OST they played when Dina showed up was amaaaaaaaaaaazing.
Good pacing too.
A lot of people are going to go crazy over these reveals :D.

Can't wait to see the reactions.

Gotta rewatch this tomorrow to see how it feels in better quality.
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 16, 2019 8:41 AM

Jun 2016
This was the first time i saw it live, gotta say it was great being able to see all the other manga readers reaction to the episode.. was hilarious xD
And they really adapted almost 2 chapters with heavy exposition and dialogue in one episode.. damn. Well, it was good anyway so idc.
Can't wait for the next episodes~
Jun 16, 2019 8:41 AM

Oct 2013
They did a good job adapting 2 dialogue heavy chapters, imo it was a great episode overall!

@mrbull3tproof

I will have to wait for the subs to see if the dialogue was rushed.
Jun 16, 2019 8:44 AM
May 2016
Nim0174 said:
Loved Gross Speech.
Good pacing too.

What was wrong with the voice acting? The seiyuus elevated this ep tremendously imo, especially Grisha and Dina. Gross's speech too was utterly disgusting, exactly how it should've been. Can't really think of any bad performances this ep (though the audio wasn't exactly the best on the stream)
Jun 16, 2019 8:46 AM

Feb 2018
Great episode, for me there is nothing to complain about. Can't wait for the next episode.
Typical slav weeb who is hunting down normies on discord
Jun 16, 2019 8:46 AM

Aug 2013
So, the final episode will only adapt chapter 90? It’s been a while since I read that chapter in the manga but wasn’t it a little too short? I wonder if it’s possible to adapt some parts of chapter 91, like ending the anime with
Jun 16, 2019 8:51 AM

Jan 2017
tzarye14 said:
Personally I think they could've only adapted up to Dina but I liked the episode nonetheless. Seeing finally Kruger animated is a dream come true.

Next episode: "Shingeki no Kyojin"

Wait... Didn't they say it would adapt 2 chapters? Cause if they didn't adapt up to Dina, it means they adapted less than 1.5 chapters.

Sep 2018
Next episode they gonna adapt 2 more manga chapter, so... final episode it's only chapter 90, surprises at the end? WIT studio you're going to kill me
I keep moving forward
Jan 2018
_Spectacled_ said:
So, the final episode will only adapt chapter 90? It’s been a while since I read that chapter in the manga but wasn’t it a little too short? I wonder if it’s possible to adapt some parts of chapter 91, like ending the anime with

the spoiler will most likely be a after credit scene or a before credit scene on ep 10
Jun 16, 2019 8:53 AM

Apr 2019
Modernoir said:
Nim0174 said:
Loved Gross Speech.
Good pacing too.

What was wrong with the voice acting? The seiyuus elevated this ep tremendously imo, especially Grisha and Dina. Gross's speech too was utterly disgusting, exactly how it should've been. Can't really think of any bad performances this ep (though the audio wasn't exactly the best on the stream)

i didn't like it, there was nothing wrong with it
its just my taste
it wasn't as i imagined it
there were a couple of phrases where the voice actors emphasized words/sentences differently than i imagined and i just don't like the voice's for these characters
it was good overall, but not to my taste
maybe it felt off because of the fast pace
i don't really mind, but its the only thing that bugged me so i wanted to mention it

and yes gross speech is beautiful
i wished it was a bit slower and more creepy tho
but its my favourite thing in those chapters
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 16, 2019 8:58 AM

Jul 2012
Holy shit, they handled these information heavy chapters so well.

I really thought for a second it would be a rushed mess from the point it was announced they would be covering two chapters per episode for these next two (and the last one being chapter 90 only).

Happy to see that my worries were all for naught, yet another stellar episode handling the reveals really nicely <3

5/5
And now I stick around for the reactions, and eagerly wait to see the ones for the next episode especially haha
Jun 16, 2019 9:01 AM

Feb 2017
Episode felt fast. Don't think padding last episode was a good idea. There's a lot of info to process in this episode, so it would have benefited quite a lot with a slower pace. Still really good episode tho.

Anyway, we learn more about the outside world and the lore and early parts of Grisha's life. He really did fuck up with Zeke like his father did with him, but unfortunately he realized late.

And poor Eren having to witness all that stuff first hand. It must take a toll on him.
Jun 16, 2019 9:02 AM
May 2016
Nim0174 said:
Modernoir said:

its just my taste
there were a couple of phrases where the voice actors emphasized words/sentences differently than i imagined and i just don't like the voice's for these characters
i don't really mind, but its the only thing that bugged me so i wanted to mention it

Fair enough fair enough, different strokes for different boats and all that.

Now begins the long, arduous wait for subs. Was there ever a reason given for why CR gets the subs like 10 hours later than usual for the past few weeks? lmao imagine paying for streaming services that deliver stuff this late.
Jun 16, 2019 9:07 AM

Apr 2019
Modernoir said:
Nim0174 said:

its just my taste

Fair enough fair enough, different strokes for different boats and all that.

Now begins the long, arduous wait for subs. Was there ever a reason given for why CR gets the subs like 10 hours later than usual for the past few weeks? lmao imagine paying for streaming services that deliver stuff this late.

because of the episode leaks i'd imagine
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 16, 2019 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
_Spectacled_ said:

they might add
scene in the the last episode after the ending song ends creepily like the way it did in season 3 part 1
Jun 16, 2019 9:19 AM
Jan 2017
What great,epic,historical,episode omgggg .grisha jaeger past 10/10 thx wit studio shingeki greatnesd
Jun 16, 2019 9:22 AM

Aug 2008
damn,i'll see it barely in 12-13 hours"cries in a corner"
The spider is watching
Jun 16, 2019 9:24 AM

Jun 2008
Watching this part was better than reading it.
Jun 16, 2019 9:28 AM

Oct 2018
They should've ended this episode when Dina turn into that titan tbh but I don't really think this episode was rushed, i need to watch this in english sub version before judging.
Jun 16, 2019 9:29 AM
May 2017
laviha said:
_Spectacled_ said:

they might add
scene in the the last episode after the ending song ends creepily like the way it did in season 3 part 1

I don't see the reason to add a tease for the next season if WIT won't work on it anymore, they should end in the final panel of 90 just like the manga, out of all the seasons this should end on a good note
Jun 16, 2019 9:31 AM
Jun 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Got info dump about the history of Titans, Ymir, etc. Also, there's the important flashbacks of Grisha, Eren's father. I think the overall narrative for the episode fits pretty well considering the amount of content revealed. The serum injection scene is hard to watch.

Quite an important episode tbh.

Two more left.
I'm gonna be so sad when the last episode hits. Cause Wit won't be coming back and the 4th season is easily the best part of the whole show :( Please dont leave Wit!
Jun 16, 2019 9:36 AM

Jul 2012
SSTHZero said:

It was for sure much more smooth to absorb haha
In the manga this part really gifted us with walls and walls of text, and every single information was really important, so it was quite the heavy read.

But in case anyone is wondering, no, they really did not rushed anything in this episode, you can compare side by side with the manga once the subs are up. The adaptation and pacing had quite a great equilibrium in this episode.

If they handle the next one just as great, I'm definitely putting a 10/10 in this season. But for now, I'll hold my horses, since the next chapters are arguably even more difficult to adapt in a single episode than these were imo.
Jun 16, 2019 9:37 AM
Jun 2019
Damn thats a nice touch on the beggining really feel like a different series
And once again WIT show us they're truly capable. At the beggining im really worried how the hell they can fit chapter 86&87 in one episode.
But they proof themself

Well the only think i can say is Good bye The Old "generic" SNK
and welcome The New "Masterpiece" SNK
Kruger777Jun 16, 2019 9:41 AM
Jun 16, 2019 9:38 AM

Jun 2014
In this episode's preview, I do have to wonder how are the official subs are gonna translate next episode's title, like "Attack Titan"(like how the official manga translation from Kodansha USA handled), make it "Attack on Titan" to reference the title, or just leave it "Shingeki no Kyojin", would be a very interesting choice since it will directly influence how much impact the next episode will have.

Jun 16, 2019 9:39 AM
May 2017
Danpmss said:
SSTHZero said:

It was for sure much more smooth to absorb haha
In the manga this part really gifted us with walls and walls of text, and every single information was really important, so it was quite the heavy read.

But in case anyone is wondering, no, they really did not rushed anything in this episode, you can compare side by side with the manga once the subs are up. The adaptation and pacing had quite a great equilibrium in this episode.

If they handle the next one just as great, I'm definitely putting a 10/10 in this season. But for now, I'll hold my horses, since next chapters are arguably even more difficult to adapt in a single episode than these were imo.

Ymir's past was already in S2, so it should be fine, they will do the same as this episode
Jun 16, 2019 9:44 AM

Apr 2019
dany_elle1908 said:

look at the bright side
you will get to see it in great quality

SmilingBeginner said:
In this episode's preview, I do have to wonder how are the official subs are gonna translate next episode's title, like "Attack Titan"(like how the official manga translation from Kodansha USA handled), make it "Attack on Titan" to reference the title, or just leave it "Shingeki no Kyojin", would be a very interesting choice since it will directly influence how much impact the next episode will have.

The Attack Titan, as it should be
The Official Translation is a Title only thing
at least thats how i see it
the official sub will most likely say The Attack Titan
at least i hope it will
im gonna be disappointed if its not the case
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 16, 2019 9:47 AM
Jan 2018
who voiced Kruger ???
Jun 16, 2019 9:54 AM
Oct 2018
Until what point of the manga was this episode adapted?
Jun 16, 2019 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
SmilingBeginner said:

Basically "Kogeki no Kyojin" translates to The Attack Titan.
Jun 16, 2019 9:55 AM

Jun 2008
SmilingBeginner said:

Here in my country they adapted "Shingeki no Kyojin" to "Attack of the Titans". So I lol'ed hard when they had to translate it to "titan of the attack" when the titan's name was revealed.
Jun 16, 2019 9:59 AM
Apr 2018
SSTHZero said:
SmilingBeginner said:

Here in my country they adapted "Shingeki no Kyojin" to "Attack of the Titans". So I lol'ed hard when they had to translate it to "titan of the attack" when the titan's name was revealed.
why do i get the feeling that it's arabic lol?
Jun 16, 2019 10:01 AM

Jun 2016
SSTHZero said:
SmilingBeginner said:

Lmao so in Brazil they translated the same way they did in Portugal right? "Ataque dos Titãs" lmao
Jun 16, 2019 10:02 AM

Apr 2019
Francocis said:
Until what point of the manga was this episode adapted?

Chapter 86 and 87 were adapted in this Episode.
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 16, 2019 10:04 AM

Oct 2013
This will also be another top ranking episode on idbm.
Jun 16, 2019 10:18 AM
May 2017
keragamming said:

Is Hero still no.1??! Im surprised that it's still there tbh, i think i saw like 3 episodes of Aot in the Top 10
Jun 16, 2019 10:20 AM
May 2017
Mattinator95 said:
who voiced Kruger ???

It was Yasunori Matsumoto
Jun 16, 2019 10:24 AM

Jul 2012
Edylson said:
Mattinator95 said:
who voiced Kruger ???

It was Yasunori Matsumoto
Wait, the guy from the "is that a pidgeon" meme?

Reddit is gonna explode today.
Jun 16, 2019 10:26 AM

Oct 2013
Edylson said:
keragamming said:

Is Hero still no.1??! Im surprised that it's still there tbh, i think i saw like 3 episodes of Aot in the Top 10

Yep, it still is, https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?title_type=tv_episode&num_votes=1000,&sort=user_rating,desc
Jun 16, 2019 10:40 AM

Jul 2016
Pretty nice to see Grisha's VA in action again. Can't wait for Kruger's epic speech next week.
Jun 16, 2019 10:47 AM
Jan 2018
if anyone in the UK is interested Part 1 of the season 3 blu-ray and dvd should be released on August 12, 2019. according to amazon but its probably better to wait till 2nd part is released to see if they do a combo of both parts but it will probably be next year
Jun 16, 2019 10:59 AM

Aug 2008
Nim0174 said:
dany_elle1908 said:

look at the bright side
you will get to see it in great quality

that is true, can't disagree :D
The spider is watching
Jun 16, 2019 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
Edylson said:
laviha said:

they might add

I don't see the reason to add a tease for the next season if WIT won't work on it anymore, they should end in the final panel of 90 just like the manga, out of all the seasons this should end on a good note

The rumour hasn't been officially confirmed yet by Wit studio tho. If we get a tease like that, we can assume that Wit will make the next season. I'm just still hoping they will.
removed-userJun 16, 2019 11:22 AM
Jun 16, 2019 11:05 AM

Nov 2009
Nim0174 said:

I have to agree with this but for me it's only in two places.
1. When little Grisha was talking about his past in the beginning in his house.
2. His speech before Dina came should've sounded more serious and hyped, but it sounded too cheerful and full with hope.

And of course the manga version of those scenes will be better. I love the moments of Zeke's betrayal way more in the manga than in the anime, especially when he just stared at his parents with those cold, piercing eyes after pointing at them. The manga provides you with more time to dive deeper into the pages and the atmosphere.
Overall i loved it. Just seeing Gross ready to puch Grisha off the wall and his cries was best in anime form, tho. It squeezed my heart.
Jun 16, 2019 11:08 AM
Apr 2019
Edylson said:
keragamming said:

yes it's score now is 10/10
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.