Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (37) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2018 1:07 PM
Jul 2013

SheevPalpatine said:

What is missing in your opinion?

Three biggest problems I have are:
-the background music, it's pretty much absent or generic, to the point I don't recall a time when I've noticed it
-the good ending, although it fits alright and is executed well, IMO a bad ending, where Okabe cannot rescue both girls, or even better goes insane, would be more suitable
-Okabe realizes undoing the first D-Mail will kill Makise a bit too late in the show, especially for a guy of his intellect and ability
Nov 16, 2018 7:01 AM

Jan 2018
Best conclusion to the best show ever.I'm glad they didnt make it like Gainax ending,if they did then I would probably give SG a 9 instead of a 10.
Dec 25, 2018 9:08 AM

Mar 2016
The final plan to build a pathway to a future of happiness has begun...

YES OKABE!!! It's so satisfying to see Okabe insulting that stupid father directly, and better yet when Okabe is threatening to kill him even after Okabe was stabbed, I can see all the details on Nakabachi's face, his pathetic petrified face is goddamn satisfying to see!!!

Damn, Okabe, his determination for a peaceful future can literally be seen when he willingly took that stab straight! This physical pain is nothing compared to the psychological pain that he had suffered countless times before...

These changes answered the events back in the first episode, it's MIND BLOWING seeing all the events being connected and explained to one another!

• Now, the metal oopa, was replaced with plastic so that the metal detectors can't find it along with the research papers, so they would burn,
    stopping time machine development race and WW3
  • Makise is alive but only unconscious because of the taser
  • Makise's blood is actually Okabe's blood
  • The scream that past Okabe heard is Present Okabe's scream
  • And more...

The moment when the present Okabe was witnessing the past Okabe signifies the end of this longest and most important 3 weeks of his life. It has been such a painful yet a joyful journey for him, after countless psychological pain that he had suffered through, after some excruciating physical pain such as this one where he's stabbed and after many efforts to straighten things out, he finally succeeded, through determination and motivation for a future of happiness, beyond the 1% and beyond the attractor field convergence, in the perfect worldline of Steins;Gate!!! Even if nobody will fully remember the cheerful memories that they've made together as lab members, Okabe along with everybody including the now alive Kurisu can live and spend times making new memories together! Finally, this is truly is the perfect ending for what is a journey through pain and despair for Okabe!

I get even happier seeing that all of the lab members are united with that badge, all Okabe have to do is wait 7 years until when Suguha, lab member 008 is born for them all to be truly reunited!

This is such a beautiful and dramatic journey followed with such perfect and tear-jerking ending. I absolutely love how the time travelling concept get along perfectly with the events that are happening to the characters. Also, seeing Okabe's character develops after the many events he has experienced is so fantastic to see. I just really love this show! I just wishes that this ending is not altered in the OVAs or in Steins; Gate 0. (But another part of me wants to see what would happen if some scenarios are altered)

From Loveable characters, beautiful soundtracks, wonderful animation and amazing story. Steins; Gate is a brilliant masterpiece! It's an excellent show- no... It's a perfect show!

Well, time to watch all of the OVAs and then moving on to Steins; Gate 0!!!
[b]See you again in the OVAs sonovabitch! El Psy Congroo...

If the one with control of time is the ruler of the world, then Okabe- no! The mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma has surpassed his objective to change the world ruling structure as HE is the person who stands as the Ruler of the world!
Dec 26, 2018 11:51 AM

May 2016
ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:

These changes answered the events back in the first episode, it's MIND BLOWING seeing all the events being connected and explained to one another!

• Now, the metal oopa, was replaced with plastic so that the metal detectors can't find it along with the research papers, so they would burn,
    stopping time machine development race and WW3
  • Makise is alive but only unconscious because of the taser
  • Makise's blood is actually Okabe's blood
  • The scream that past Okabe heard is Present Okabe's scream
  • And more...

Actually, no...
In the first episode, Makise was dead, and that was her blood. This worldline in the last episode is not that worldline from the first episode (time travel changes the worldline).
The scream is not Present Okabe's scream in the first episode. That scream is from an Okabe from a previous worldline iteration (the Okabe from Steins;Gate 0 is the closest match for him)

ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:

If the one with control of time is the ruler of the world, then Okabe- no! The mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma has surpassed his objective to change the world ruling structure as HE is the person who stands as the Ruler of the world!

Oh boi... If you finished Steins;Gate 0, you will know that not this Okabe is the true ruler of the world :)
-
Dec 26, 2018 12:05 PM

Mar 2016
SheevPalpatine said:

Actually, no...
In the first episode, Makise was dead, and that was her blood. This worldline in the last episode is not that worldline from the first episode (time travel changes the worldline).
The scream is not Present Okabe's scream in the first episode. That scream is from an Okabe from a previous worldline iteration (the Okabe from Steins;Gate 0 is the closest match for him)

Well yeah, of course, taking the changed worldlines into consideration, these points are not entirely accurate, but I should've just stated the difference of what happened in this ep and the first ep which I am aware is on an entirely different worldline.
SheevPalpatine said:

Oh boi... If you finished Steins;Gate 0, you will know that not this Okabe is the true ruler of the world :)

I was just finished commenting on ep 15 of Steins; Gate 0! Well, I'll have to see that myself, now... Here I go binge-watching the rest of S;G 0!
Jan 21, 2019 5:18 AM

Jun 2017
All I can say is that it's one hell of a ride and that it deserves all the recognition it gets. It's a masterpiece. 10/10 for me. I really though that he died at the end when I saw those flowers, but I got a wholesome ending instead. What a great anime! Would watch again.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 13, 2019 12:05 AM
Dec 2017
I thought this was a good show, especially in the beginning. For me, it didn't live up to all the hype. I was entertained. But I wasn't blown away. There was a lack of really likable characters. I think my problem was that I bought into all the hype that surrounds this series all over the internet. And it just wasn't what I was expecting. score 7/10
Mar 13, 2019 7:43 AM

Jan 2013
Rewatching show with sister to get fully immersed when watching Steins;Gate 0 right after!

After a good 6 years this show still had the same emotional impact on me as it had back then.
The characters are the people you will never forget about, the story itself is one of the most interesting and beautiful stories I've seen in anime.

This is what perfection is to me, if an anime deserved to be in the top 5 of all anime, it's this one!
6 Years later and I still cry at all those beautiful and sad moments, truly magnificent!

Thank you "White Fox"!

El. Psy. Kongroo.
PrOxAntoMar 13, 2019 8:05 AM
Mar 15, 2019 6:26 PM

Feb 2019
Awesome! Everyone is getting their memories back! I hope there's a season 2, this anime was amazing :0
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 23, 2019 10:18 PM

Jul 2013
So Okabes plan was to use the red liquid from the cyalume light sword and a taser to make it look like Kurisu died. Not bad but like Daru mentioned it sounded way to easy. So back in the past he first managed to get the metal upa so that the plans about the time machine definitely will get burned.

Of course the liquid in the cyalume sword dried and Okabe wasn't able to use it. In that moment I paniced a little bit. But when he looked at his hand I knew what he wanted to do. You have to have guts to be so calm in front of someone with a knife. The knife in his stomache muste have hurt. Even with that he knocked Kurisu out. What Okabe did after this was just crazy but explained the scream we heard in the first episode. He's definitely a mad scientist hahaha.
A little bit sad that Suzu left during their trip back.

It was so nice to see Okabe giving everyone the laboratory badge. Moeka now works for Mr. Braun and also got a badge. Okabe even saved one for their 8th member in form of Suzu. :)

So Kurisu was looking for Okabe and they finally met on the streets of Akihabara. I loved her reaction when Okabe was calling her Christina or assistens because she remembered these things. What an nice way to end such an masterpiece <3

I'm almost speechless how good Steins;Gate was. Even if it was slower and confusing at the beginning it got better and better to a point were I just loved it. There were so much sad situations were I cried, but also these lovely moments. Mayuri positive attitude was one of the best things with here TUTURU :D

What can I say besides this became one of my all time favourites. The first time you watch an anime like this is something I love the most. I will definitely rewatch it in the future, but before that there's the movie, a special and Stein;Gate 0.

Thanks to all the great voice actors and also the studio White Fox. <3

10/10

EL. Psy. Congroo.

Natsu88Mar 23, 2019 10:32 PM

Mar 24, 2019 8:22 AM
Mar 2018
Natsu88 said:
I will definitely rewatch it in the future, but before that there's the movie, a special and Stein;Gate 0.

Make sure to watch it in the right order.

Steins;Gate: Oukoubakko no Poriomania
Steins;Gate Movie

Steins;Gate: Kyoukaimenjou no Missing Link
Steins;Gate 0
Mar 24, 2019 9:31 AM

Jul 2013
TutturuMayushii said:

Make sure to watch it in the right order.

Steins;Gate: Oukoubakko no Poriomania
Steins;Gate Movie

Steins;Gate: Kyoukaimenjou no Missing Link
Steins;Gate 0

Definitely. Thanks for the advice :)

Mar 26, 2019 7:44 AM

May 2016
Natsu88 said:
What Okabe did after this was just crazy but explained the scream we heard in the first episode. He's definitely a mad scientist hahaha.

Actually, the scream from the 1st episode and the screm from the 23rd and 24th episodes are entirely different. The first episode's worldline is not the worldline which was in the 23rd and 24th episodes.

But the scream from the 1st episode is also belongs to Okabe, but it belongs to and other Okabe. Precisely, it belongs to an Okabe from a previous worldline iteration (the closest match is the Okabe from Steins;Gate 0)

I also want to say something about the order. The "chronological" (in terms of worldline iteration chronology) order of the canon materials:
Steins;Gate 1-22 (a bit differently than it was told in the anime)
Steins;Gate Kyoukaimenjou no Missing Link (23ß)
Steins;Gate 0
Steins;Gate 1-24

Btw. it is not exactly a chronological order, because Steins;Gate 1-22 happened a little bit differently before Steins;Gate 0:

Steins;Gate: Oukoubakko no Poriomania and the Steins;Gate Movie take place after Steins;Gate episode 24, but they are considered non-canon. If you want to know the official, canon afterstory, you should read the Holy Day of Scourge light novel
-
May 8, 2019 10:44 AM
May 2018
Disappointing to the very end.
May 8, 2019 2:23 PM

May 2016
Dzentelmen2 said:

I'm curious what was wrong with this show in your opinion.
-
May 8, 2019 2:50 PM
May 2018
SheevPalpatine said:
Dzentelmen2 said:

I'm curious what was wrong with this show in your opinion.

I didn't like any of the main characters and none of the episodes going into their pasts to give them more depth helped in any way. I liked Faris' and Rukako's fathers the most only because they didn't have enough screen time to have a chance to become annoying. The fact that they acted like a bunch of fools most of the time made it hard to take any supposedly sad scene seriously. Moeka's quirk of speaking through mails was especially annoying. They had that episode that was supposed to explain it but they didn't really go into her past so I felt like all that stuff about her and FB was forced. The only one I felt sympathy for was Rukako, but it was mostly because of how she was treated by whomever made this instead of his/her story. I didn't like how Okarin called himself a genius yet never seemed to stop and think about the consequences of his actions and overlooked a lot of simple stuff. He relied on Kurisu too much and then at end they added to that the help from Suzu and future Okarin which just made the present one seem like someone completely incapable of achieving anything by himself. The plot twists weren't surprising and there wasn't any spirit lifting scene one would expect from stuff like this. This kinda reminded me of Shiki. Both these anime are slow mysteries but the characters in that mostly weren't as annoying and there were a bunch of moments that rewarded you for waiting but there didn't seem to be anything like that in Steins Gate. The fact that the time travel was tailored to the story the author wanted to tell and not the other way around seemed lazy although I liked that it was used to make the romance make more sense although it still felt forced.

I still plan to watch the movie, 0 and other stuff since even though I was bored by this, I somehow was able to watch this faster than most anime. I hope that something will click for me and I'll suddenly like it more but from my experience with Utena, this probably won't happen.

I have no problem with people liking this but I also don't want someone trying to explain to me why I should like it or telling me to watch it again in order to understand it better or any such bull. I, at least, get why people would like it since there were a couple neat ideas in there and it seems like for most people it hit the spot. But with so many anime to watch, I don't have time to care about the fact that I'm the odd one out by not liking this supposed masterpiece. Sorry if what I said doesn't make sense.
May 9, 2019 2:20 AM

Jan 2017
I have a question pls somebody help

1. Suzuha's mission plothole
In episode 15 Suzuha tells Okabe about her mission to retrieve IBN5100 and make sure Okabe in 2010 gets it in order to shift the world line away from dystopian Alpha attractor. However, in episode 5 she saw Okabe and Kurisu carrying the computer to the lab and told him NOTHING, which led to Okarin losing possession of IBN5100 and correcting his mistakes for around 15 more episodes just to get it back. He could've jumped to Beta already in ep 5 if Suzuha had told him everything back then.
And no, she could not possibly know that Okabe needed time to fall in love with Kurisu to have motivation to save the world from WWIII, since none of Valkyrie members knew of WWIII and other problems in Beta.

This situation leads us to a paradox:
1.1 Her mission was SUCCESSFUL already without even starting.
Before deaprting to 1975 to start her mission, she could already observe the consequences of her presence in 2010: she saw that Okabe had already found IBN5100, she didn't have to sacrifice her life in the 70s. Her future older version of herself had made sure Okabe gets the computer and made 2010 Suzuha's life much easier. Is this a loop? If it is, when did it start? Why wasn't she surprised at least?
RoflanMay 9, 2019 3:04 AM
May 9, 2019 3:42 PM

May 2016
Roflan said:

1. Suzuha's mission plothole

It is not a plothole. Suzuha's mission was to travel to 1975 and retrieve the IBN. She had nothing to do in 2010. She just traveled there because she wanted to meet her father. If he stops Okabe, tells her the truth, and Okabe deletes the D-Mail which moves the world to Beta again, then she wouldn't have the chance to meet with her father. Maybe she thought that she waits a little more that maybe she will meet her father in some days. But unfortunately, Okabe lost the IBN because of the other D-Mails. She couldn't know that Okabe will lose it.

Roflan said:

This situation leads us to a paradox:
1.1 Her mission was SUCCESSFUL already without even starting.
Before deaprting to 1975 to start her mission, she could already observe the consequences of her presence in 2010: she saw that Okabe had already found IBN5100, she didn't have to sacrifice her life in the 70s. Her future older version of herself had made sure Okabe gets the computer and made 2010 Suzuha's life much easier. Is this a loop? If it is, when did it start? Why wasn't she surprised at least?

It is more complicated. Yes, in the beginning of the story the IBN was in the shrine, because Suzuha obtained it in 1975. But that Suzuha, who obtained the IBN first wasn't the Suzuha which we saw in the anime. It was a Suzuha from a previous Alpha worldline iteration. The complete chronology of Steins;Gate is not just the events of the two anime. Here is the complete chronology of the story, with the unseen iterations and unseen events:

1. Okabe 1 visits Nakabachi's presentation (there is no satellite on the roof).

2. Kurisu dies (not stabbed by Okabe, but for some other reason e.g. stabbed by Nakabachi).

3. Okabe 1 hears something that makes him examine Kurisu's body (this is not Okabe's scream, but something else e.g. Kurisu's or Nakabachi's scream).

4. Okabe 1 accidently sends a d-mail, and moves to Alpha.

5. First Alpha iteration happens. No Suzuha in 2010 from the future. Mayuri dies in 2010. Okabe 1, Kurisu, Daru were captured by SERN. They force Kurisu to create a time machine.

6. Okabe 1, Daru escape from SERN, decide to make a time machine to change the past and avoid SERN dystopia. In 2025, Okabe dies. Later Daru and Kurisu dies too. In 2036, Suzuha goes back to 2010.

7. Second Alpha iteration happens. Suzuha arrives in 2010, she meets Okabe. From now let's call him Okabe 2. A similar story to Steins;Gate Episode 1-12 happens, except that no IBN in the shrine yet. Moeka attacks, Mayuri dies. Story of The Distant Valhalla light novel begins.

8. In 2036, Suzuha travels back to 2010.

9. Third Alpha iteration begins. Suzuha arrives in 2010, she meets Okabe. From now let's call him Okabe 3. A similar story to Steins;Gate Episode 1-12 happens, except that no IBN in the shrine yet. Moeka attacks, Mayuri dies. Okabe time leaps over and over to save her. Suzuha reveals that she is John Titor, and she has to obtain an IBN from 1975. Story of Steins;Gate Episode 12-22 happens. Suzuha captures the IBN. Okabe 3 manages to delete the first D-Mail from SERN's database, and goes back to Beta.

10. Okabe 3 manages to return to the Beta attractor field. Kurisu is dead. Okabe 3 does nothing, he accepts that Kurisu is dead. However, WWIII starts, and Okabe 3 finds out that Kurisu's thesis is the main reason of WWIII. He decides to create a time machine.

11. Okabe 3 dies in 2025, Suzuha travels back from 2036 to 2010 to help Okabe saving Kurisu.

12. Suzuha is on the roof in 2010, she calls Okabe 3 (who arrived back from Alpha 4 days ago from his point of view). Let's call him Okabe 4 from now. Okabe 4 goes to the past, fails to save Kurisu, stabs her, Okabe 1 hears his scream, and sends a D-Mail accidentally, Okabe 1 goes to Alpha. From now, let's call him Okabe 5.

13. Events of Steins;Gate (with the exception that Okabe 5 didn't get the D-Mail from 2025 in the beginning). Now there is the IBN in the shrine, because Suzuha in the previous Alpha iteration obtained it. Okabe 5 succesfully escapes from Alpha and goes back to Beta.

14. Okabe 5 arrives to Beta (technically replacing the previous Okabe 1 or 2), Kurisu is dead. Suzuha is on the roof (because she was already there in the previous iteration too). Suzuha calls Okabe 5. Okabe 5 goes to the past, fails to save Kurisu (again), stabs her (again), but now, he travels back to the future, before Okabe 1 could send the D-Mail accidentally.

15. Okabe 5 is devastated, he gaves up to save Kurisu. Events of Steins;Gate 0 (VN+anime) begin here

16. After an uncountable iterations of Steins;Gate 0, Okabe N (the Okabe we follow in the Steins;Gate 0 anime) records the Operation Skuld D-Mail. He disappears from 2025. Lukako sends the D-Mail to 2010, it changes nothing in itself. Suzuha N grows up, and from 2036, she travels to 2010 to help Okabe N reaching Steins Gate.

17. Suzuha N is on the roof in 2010, Okabe N just came back from Alpha. Suzuha N calls Okabe N. Let's call him Okabe N+1 from now. Okabe N+1 goes to the past to save Kurisu.

18. Events of Steins;Gate Episode 1 begin here! July 28th, Okabe N visits Nakabachi's presentation. Okabe N+1's time machine lands on the roof. Okabe N receives the D-Mail from 2025, he can't watch it. Let's call him Okabe N+2 from now! Okabe N+1 accidentally kills Kurisu. Okabe N+2 hears his scream, saw Kurisu, and sends a D-Mail. Okabe N+2 goes to Alpha.

19. Events of Steins;Gate with the true end (as we saw it in the VN, and in the anime)

So, in Steins;Gate, we follow the perspective of Okabe N->N+2
In Steins;Gate 0 VN, we follow the perspective of some (7) Okabes somewhere between 5 and N.
In Steins;Gate 0 anime, we follow the perspective of Okabe N.
SciADV_ManiacMay 9, 2019 4:27 PM
-
May 10, 2019 3:36 AM

Jan 2017
Thanks for a detailed response! The story is much more clear to me now.

SheevPalpatine said:

It is more complicated. Yes, in the beginning of the story the IBN was in the shrine, because Suzuha obtained it in 1975. But that Suzuha, who obtained the IBN first wasn't the Suzuha which we saw in the anime. It was a Suzuha from a previous Alpha worldline iteration.

Still, it puzzles me that by the time Suzuha arrived in 2010 her mission had already been complete by Suzuha from the previous time iteration. This makes her current mission meaningless. She couldn't have known that right? Otherwise she wouldn't have come.

UPD: come to think of it, may be her presence in 2010 is necessary for the only purpose to hit Moeka during the attack to let Okabe leap? Because she has no other purpose other than that. This makes things completely different.

May 10, 2019 4:00 AM

Jan 2017
I have another question, could you help me figure this out:

2. What reason lies in formation of attractor fields? By this I mean, for what reason does Mayuri have to die in Alpha? She's a random little girl among other 7 billion people. It's not a great event like Gulf War, Y2K or collapse of USSR that could lead to drastic changes in history as Suzuha said. Same question for Kurisu.

Are their deaths connected with Okabe's feelings and his willingnes to save the future or what? Like he said that he doesn't care about 7 bil population but would do anything to save them
May 10, 2019 4:59 AM

May 2016
Roflan said:

Still, it puzzles me that by the time Suzuha arrived in 2010 her mission had already been complete by Suzuha from the previous time iteration. This makes her current mission meaningless. She couldn't have known that right? Otherwise she wouldn't have come.

She didn't know it. How could she know it? Only Okabe has Reading Steiner, so only he can remember the previous worldlines, but he dies in 2025. Suzuha from the future barely met him. Suzuha literally knows nothing, when she departs in 2036.

Roflan said:

2. What reason lies in formation of attractor fields? By this I mean, for what reason does Mayuri have to die in Alpha? She's a random little girl among other 7 billion people. It's not a great event like Gulf War, Y2K or collapse of USSR that could lead to drastic changes in history as Suzuha said. Same question for Kurisu.

Mayuri's death is the reason that Okabe found the resistance against SERN.

Kurisu's death was not a convergence, as it turned out. The convergence was that Okabe sees Kurisu in pool of blood.
-
Jun 3, 2019 4:04 AM

Aug 2016
masterpiece, is among my top 10 favorites of all the anime <3
Jun 4, 2019 10:14 AM
Jan 2014
I have a few questions! Baring in mind I've only seen the base anime and ova (if my questions answered in 0 or the movie, just say so without spoilers :D) - Apologies if any of these are me being stupid.

1. Who sent Okabe that severed head picture back in the earlier episodes?

2. Initially when he used the time leap machine it was said he could only go back a few days due to how your mind changes - However it seems he went back further than a few days on several ocassions when trying to prevent Mayuri's death,and especially after undo-ing the d-mails.... or am I wrong here?

3. So Okabe accidently sending the first d-mail is what moves him from beta > alpha. What specifically about this is what makes him move from beta > alpha? Is it because its the first time altering event, or is it due to SERN somehow knowing? I know deleting the entry in SERNS database gets him back to beta, but hows that relate to the first d-mail?

4. At the end of 23 when he's giving out pins, at what point in time is this? After the three weeks since the first d-mail, or just after the first d-mail? (Different worldline from the d-mail ones I know, but more point in time)

5. Following on from q4, if its 3 weeks since first d-mail, has Christina been looking for him to thank him for saving her for 3 whole weeks?

Thats all I can think of so far, apologies if I'm being a bit thick! Ha
Jun 4, 2019 2:17 PM

May 2016
Reagus said:
I have a few questions! Baring in mind I've only seen the base anime and ova (if my questions answered in 0 or the movie, just say so without spoilers :D) - Apologies if any of these are me being stupid.

2. Initially when he used the time leap machine it was said he could only go back a few days due to how your mind changes - However it seems he went back further than a few days on several ocassions when trying to prevent Mayuri's death,and especially after undo-ing the d-mails.... or am I wrong here?

3. So Okabe accidently sending the first d-mail is what moves him from beta > alpha. What specifically about this is what makes him move from beta > alpha? Is it because its the first time altering event, or is it due to SERN somehow knowing? I know deleting the entry in SERNS database gets him back to beta, but hows that relate to the first d-mail?

4. At the end of 23 when he's giving out pins, at what point in time is this? After the three weeks since the first d-mail, or just after the first d-mail? (Different worldline from the d-mail ones I know, but more point in time)

5. Following on from q4, if its 3 weeks since first d-mail, has Christina been looking for him to thank him for saving her for 3 whole weeks?

1. Moeka
2. He can travel 2 days. But this means, he can travel from 17th August to 15th August. But since the time leap machine exists on 15th August too, he can do another time leap from 15th to 13th. He can do another leap from 13th to 11th. That's how he leaps more than 2 days. He has to do it one-by-one. But he can do it until the machine exists. It is not exists on 11th, so can't leap any further.
3. SERN's Echelon notices his first D-Mail, which cause SERN will lead in the time machine race. SERN leading in the time machine race cause shift to Alpha. In Beta, SERN can't has the lead in the race.
4. Events of Ep23 happens on 21st August. Events of Episode 1 happens on 28th July (they show the dates many times, btw...)
5. Yes, on the Steins Gate worldline, she is looking for him. On the Beta worldline, she is not, because she is dead :(
-
Jun 4, 2019 2:24 PM
Jan 2014
SheevPalpatine said:
Reagus said:

1. Moeka
2. He can travel 2 days. But this means, he can travel from 17th August to 15th August. But since the time leap machine exists on 15th August too, he can do another time leap from 15th to 13th. He can do another leap from 13th to 11th. That's how he leaps more than 2 days. He has to do it one-by-one.
3. SERN's Echelon notices his first D-Mail, which cause SERN will lead in the time machine race. SERN leading in the time machine race cause shift to Alpha. In Beta, SERN can't has the lead in the race.
4. Events of Ep23 happens on 21st August. Events of Episode 1 happens on 28th July (they show the dates many times, btw...)
5. Yes, on the Steins Gate worldline, she is looking for him. On the Beta worldline, she is not, because she is dead :(
Perfect, thanks for the response! Means a lot! :) It didn't help that I got to the episode where Mayuri gets hit by the car saving Okabe, and then didn't want it to end so had a few months break, so had to try recall a lot from memory :D

See I kept seeing the dates, but its on the screen and off again so quick I found it hard to see! (Or perhaps I just need glasses lol)

So post-ova, would you say the movie and 0 adds a lot to make the base *that* more interesting? I'm really interested in learning as much as I can, but don't want the movie and 0 to have some sort of negative perception on the original if its not as good, or full of plot holes or something.
Jun 4, 2019 2:37 PM

May 2016
Reagus said:
SheevPalpatine said:

1. Moeka
2. He can travel 2 days. But this means, he can travel from 17th August to 15th August. But since the time leap machine exists on 15th August too, he can do another time leap from 15th to 13th. He can do another leap from 13th to 11th. That's how he leaps more than 2 days. He has to do it one-by-one.
Perfect, thanks for the response! Means a lot! :) It didn't help that I got to the episode where Mayuri gets hit by the car saving Okabe, and then didn't want it to end so had a few months break, so had to try recall a lot from memory :D

See I kept seeing the dates, but its on the screen and off again so quick I found it hard to see! (Or perhaps I just need glasses lol)

So post-ova, would you say the movie and 0 adds a lot to make the base *that* more interesting? I'm really interested in learning as much as I can, but don't want the movie and 0 to have some sort of negative perception on the original if its not as good, or full of plot holes or something.

Steins;Gate 0 is the story of the future Okabe who couldn't save Kurisu. He was the one, who sent the video message back. It is worth to watch, but it is not as good as the original (while it is not bad, I think). It has no plotholes. If you want to watch it, you should watch Episode 23beta before it: https://myanimelist.net/anime/32188/Steins_Gate__Kyoukaimenjou_no_Missing_Link_-_Divide_By_Zero

The movie is not canon, because it breaks some established time travel rules, but if you watch it as some fanfiction, then it is a fine movie (but don't search the logic in it).
-
Jun 30, 2019 9:49 AM

Dec 2018
Kurisu's father had the best face expression.

So FB and Moeka never worked with SERN on this worldline.

Feel's Gate being opeend at the end.

So the worst scenario didn't happen, on the contrary the best scenario happened. If you think about what happened to the other worldline is kinda sad though.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 1, 2019 11:06 AM

May 2016
Kish0 said:

So FB and Moeka never worked with SERN on this worldline.

Minor spoilers from Steins;Gate 0:

Kish0 said:

If you think about what happened to the other worldline is kinda sad though

Only 1 worldline exists at a given time, there are no parallel worldlines where those sad things are still happening. If you change worldlines, the current worldline become inactive, and a new worldline will be created. So nothing happens on those inactive worldlines anymore. There are no other Okabes, Kurisus, Mayuris, etc... Only those who are in the current worldline.
-
Jul 1, 2019 7:50 PM

Dec 2018
Kish0 said:

SheevPalpatine said:

Only 1 worldline exists at a given time, there are no parallel worldlines where those sad things are still happening. If you change worldlines, the current worldline become inactive, and a new worldline will be created. So nothing happens on those inactive worldlines anymore. There are no other Okabes, Kurisus, Mayuris, etc... Only those who are in the current worldline.

So this is really the final good ending. Though I think normal accident can still happen to Kurisu or Mayuri.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 1, 2019 9:02 PM

May 2016
Kish0 said:
Kish0 said:

SheevPalpatine said:

So this is really the final good ending. Though I think normal accident can still happen to Kurisu or Mayuri.

"No one knows, what the future holds, the possibilities are endless"
-
Jul 2, 2019 7:27 AM
Jul 2019
I don't understand one thing. How is this the same kurisu old okabe in the first episode saw if in that episode Mayuri got the metal oopa instead of the green oopa
KkjxvdggxcJul 2, 2019 7:30 AM
Jul 2, 2019 8:37 AM

May 2016
Kkjxvdggxc said:
I don't understand one thing. How is this the same kurisu old okabe in the first episode saw if in that episode Mayuri got the metal oopa instead of the green oopa

Hm? I don't really understand your question, can you explain me more?

But I'll try to answer:
Episode 1 takes place on a different worldline than Episode 23, and than Episode 24.
The Okabe who killed Kurisu in Episode 23 is not the Okabe who killed Kurisu in Episode 1. That's an Okabe of a previous Beta Worldline iteration. He is basically the Okabe of Steins;Gate 0
And of course, Episode 1 can't be the same WL as Episode 24, since in Episode 1, Mayuri got the metal upa, in Episode 24 she got the green plastic upa. Episode 1's Kurisu is not Episode 24's Kurisu. Episode 1's Kurisu died, Episode 24's Kurisu survived.
-
Jul 10, 2019 8:44 PM
Jun 2019
It's... it's over. Steins;Gate is over.

All I have to say is...

https://giphy.com/gifs/not-shia-unison-HjheuybfwDGnu
Sep 8, 2019 9:05 AM

Jul 2015
That mad man did it, he saved all their lives

El Psy Congrooo!!!

Sep 10, 2019 8:14 AM

Mar 2013
And they met again...
Gosh that was truly a beautiful ending. Mad scientist really managed to save all of them and live in a timeline where they're all alive and well.

It started slow and confusing but quickly became a thrilling, impressive story to follow. Had me on the edge of my seat since the D-Mails started to be sent. I've never been much of a time travel fan but this show might have changed my views on it. Mayuri turned out to be my favorite, and even though I didn't like Kurisu at first I eventually developed a soft spot for her.

I'm glad I picked it up, and even more glad I met these characters.
Sep 11, 2019 12:35 PM

Aug 2018
SheevPalpatine said:

It is more complicated.

You are a steely-eyed missile man for this somewhat linear summary of the series. VERY helpful. Thank you.

Just finished the show for the first time without spoilering myself (which was excruciatingly hard). Loved it.
Set SCE to AUX
Sep 12, 2019 8:47 AM

Aug 2018
OK, so here's a question.

I've read the treatises on why Mayuri had to die in that particular worldline, and how that event was a convergence point.

A purely materialistic universe doesn't assign value to certain events; that's something we do as humans. In other words, to the universe/worldline, Mayuri's death is as meaningless as any other event (someone eating a sandwich at a cafe, a dolphin jumping out of the water, making a basketball shot, anything). So as far as the worldline is concerned, Mayuri dying in a multitude of different ways constitute different events. In other words, even though to the humans in the story the event of Mayuri dying may be the same, from a purely materialistic POV, the actual events themselves are different.

Kurisu's convergence point makes much more sense since it hinges on a specific event in a specific place that produces a specific outcome.

Assuming I'm thinking about that correctly, that being said, what exactly is the nature of the convergence points between worldlines? Given the show's worldbuilding and explicit exclusion of the supernatural or any idea of fate, I thought it was the natural laws at work, NOT our perception (and value judgment) of them, that defined ideas like convergence points, if that makes sense.
boldulyssesSep 12, 2019 9:27 AM
Set SCE to AUX
Sep 15, 2019 10:35 AM

May 2016
Spaceship said:
OK, so here's a question.

I've read the treatises on why Mayuri had to die in that particular worldline, and how that event was a convergence point.

A purely materialistic universe doesn't assign value to certain events; that's something we do as humans. In other words, to the universe/worldline, Mayuri's death is as meaningless as any other event (someone eating a sandwich at a cafe, a dolphin jumping out of the water, making a basketball shot, anything). So as far as the worldline is concerned, Mayuri dying in a multitude of different ways constitute different events. In other words, even though to the humans in the story the event of Mayuri dying may be the same, from a purely materialistic POV, the actual events themselves are different.

Kurisu's convergence point makes much more sense since it hinges on a specific event in a specific place that produces a specific outcome.

Assuming I'm thinking about that correctly, that being said, what exactly is the nature of the convergence points between worldlines? Given the show's worldbuilding and explicit exclusion of the supernatural or any idea of fate, I thought it was the natural laws at work, NOT our perception (and value judgment) of them, that defined ideas like convergence points, if that makes sense.

Sorry for the late answer. Mayuri has to die, because that gave the push for Okabe to form the resistance against SERN in the future.

If you want to read more about convergence, I suggest this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8nioce/an_attempt_at_a_complete_theory_of_steinsgate/
-
Sep 15, 2019 11:48 AM

Aug 2018
SheevPalpatine said:

Sorry for the late answer.

No worries. Appreciate you weighing in.

Mayuri has to die, because that gave the push for Okabe to form the resistance against SERN in the future.

Doesn't that beg the question, though? In other words, it's inverting cause and effect.

If you want to read more about convergence, I suggest this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8nioce/an_attempt_at_a_complete_theory_of_steinsgate/

Will read the link. Thanks again.
Set SCE to AUX
Sep 16, 2019 4:11 AM

Jun 2019
Incredible story. Just finished 24 and I loved it.

One question though; I understand that they had to fake Kurisu being dead, otherwise the events of the series don't happen and.. no wait.. it's BECAUSE the series happens that the future gets saved.. the future Okabe knows this and that's why he sends that video message..

Oh that's fucking brilliant. I wanted to ask 'if she's not really dead what's the problem', but they need that to happen because that triggers the first D-Mail and that's what starts the fixing of the timeline. My god, this has to be the best use of time travel I have ever seen in a show.

Sep 20, 2019 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
El. Psy. Congroo!
10/10 rated
watched this already a long time ago.

Be excellent!
Oct 3, 2019 2:03 PM

Aug 2007
I'm not here to change anyone's mind. But I'm actually surprised this is the second rated anime on the site. I could name handfuls of other series that are better than this.

It wasn't exactly bad. The way they describe and piece together the time travel was actually the better part of the story, and I appreciate how they handled it. It was the characters that were really forgettable. I don't think there was enough backstory or interesting details or expressions to make me fall in love with any of them or feel much emotion as timelines were explored. I don't think the art style was really my type. The bright hazy vs gloomy setting feel didn't resonate with me.

This anime was something to pass the time with, nothing more, nothing less. 5/10

Oct 15, 2019 12:06 AM
Oct 2018
9 Years Later... and I still can't find an anime better than this one. A definite 10/10
Oct 15, 2019 9:25 AM

Sep 2014
I really loved this anime <3
Oct 15, 2019 5:10 PM
May 2016

Just according to keikaku

So that thing about daru being John Titor's father was real? What the fuck.

I was expecting a mayuri personality twist. argh.

Yeah, this anime was fuckin terrible! I will never let other people tell me to keep watching an anime ever again.
Oct 19, 2019 7:47 AM

May 2016
123fendas said:

Yeah, this anime was fuckin terrible! I will never let other people tell me to keep watching an anime ever again.

It's very far from terrible and being a 1/10 (i saw you give it a 1/10). You can't be serious. The direction, the compositions, the art are excellent without a doubt, and these are enough to not be a 1/10. And it is a unique time travel story without paradoxes and plotholes. I can understand that you didn't like the characters, but that shouldn't be a cause for a 1/10.
-
Oct 19, 2019 8:13 AM
May 2016
SheevPalpatine said:
123fendas said:

It's very far from terrible and being a 1/10 (i saw you give it a 1/10). You can't be serious. The direction, the compositions, the art are excellent without a doubt, and these are enough to not be a 1/10. And it is a unique time travel story without paradoxes and plotholes. I can understand that you didn't like the characters, but that shouldn't be a cause for a 1/10.

Oh I'm serious.

It shouldn't be a cause for a 1/10? What do you mean it shouldn't? It could be. Objective beauty does not exist. My disapproval, however, is also with the plot, for instance.
Oct 19, 2019 8:44 AM

May 2016
123fendas said:

It shouldn't be a cause for a 1/10? What do you mean it shouldn't? It could be. Objective beauty does not exist. My disapproval, however, is also with the plot, for instance.

Rating a show is mostly subjective, but there are objective elements which we consider during rating. And these elements are: direction, composition, art. Plotwise the the logical issues, and the character development. And in these objective terms, Steins;Gate is excellent, plus it has no logical issues, no plotholes. It also develops its characters, every character has a story, has a motivation to act, there are no out-of-character decisions and etc... These are objective terms, not subjective ones.

Subjective terms are how did you like the characters' personalities and how did you find interesting the story of the anime. If you didn't like them, or didn't find interesting the story, it means that the anime is not for you, because it is not your taste. Not that the anime is bad, or terrible.

If you had objective problems with the story, then share it please.
-
Oct 19, 2019 11:44 AM
May 2016
SheevPalpatine said:
123fendas said:

there are objective elements which we consider during rating.

One needs not consider those objective elements.

SheevPalpatine said:
123fendas said:

If you didn't like them, or didn't find interesting the story, it means that the anime is not for you, because it is not your taste. Not that the anime is bad, or terrible.

Wrong. Linguistically, "this anime is bad" means the same thing as "This anime is bad to me"

[quote=SheevPalpatine message=58538035]
123fendas said:

If you had objective problems with the story, then share it please.

"objective problems with the story" that barely makes any sense.
Oct 21, 2019 6:56 AM
Sep 2018
123fendas said:

Dude, you need to learn to give respect to things that you didn't like. If this anime was not for you, you can simply say you are disappointed or you didn't like it, or even it is overrated in your humble opinion. But, trashing a masterpiece like this saying it is terrible when you are probably in an absolute minority is not the correct way to put your subjective opinion.
Even I was about to drop steins gate after 2 episodes when I first watched it but my friends insisted me to continue and it ended up becoming one of the irreplaceable favorites for me and I am sure I am not alone in this, there must be many who had similar experience like me.
Pages (37) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.