Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 28, 2018 3:51 AM
Nov 2018
Highly overrated shit
Dec 28, 2018 3:53 AM
Nov 2018
Trash story with tiny dick mc
Dec 28, 2018 2:18 PM

Sep 2014
Air-117 said:
Hrybami said:

It won't get down right after the last episode. It will most likely take a year or two for people to actually realize it's just another generic anime so the score can get below 8. I'm quite surprised by the amount of new fans coming here recently.
To be fair I like the show but that's never going to happen. Erased still has a rating of 8.54 after almost 3 years now.

Erased was over 9.00 at one point and Erased was at least more original than Bunny girl senpai and didn't just gradually got worse past the first two episodes. Erased was good up until the end with a mediocre ending while Bunny girl senpai started getting mediocre right by the second arc.

Seeing the score of everything decreasing in MAL makes me believe this show isn't going to remain in the top 100 for very long and I would not be surprised if it gets below 8.00 after a couple of years.
Dec 28, 2018 2:51 PM

Apr 2007
Hrybami said:
Air-117 said:
To be fair I like the show but that's never going to happen. Erased still has a rating of 8.54 after almost 3 years now.

Erased was over 9.00 at one point and Erased was at least more original than Bunny girl senpai and didn't just gradually got worse past the first two episodes. Erased was good up until the end with a mediocre ending while Bunny girl senpai started getting mediocre right by the second arc.

Seeing the score of everything decreasing in MAL makes me believe this show isn't going to remain in the top 100 for very long and I would not be surprised if it gets below 8.00 after a couple of years.

You do realize that's only assuming your opinion is the same as the majority of other people who watched the anime, right? Bunny Girl's score progressively got higher as the series continued. If the majority of people really thought future episodes were worse, then why would the score continue to increase? I personally thought the 5th arc was the best. The final episode was somewhat anticlimactic but that's only because a movie is in the works and it's going to be a direct continuation of the series.

Reddit rates each episode individually and the scores for the episodes near the end of the anime had a higher mean average than those at the beginning of the anime.https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/a9sau1/seishun_buta_yarou_wa_bunny_girl_senpai_no_yume/
KilluanDec 28, 2018 2:56 PM
Dec 28, 2018 3:36 PM

Apr 2018
Good plot, terrible characters. Bunny Girl Senpai handles a pretty deceptive style at the premise level, with a lot of ideas that were wasted as the series progressed. I'm not hateful like other people; I really liked the basic idea and the message the series wanted to give, from the perspective of a teenager like me. However, I can not ignore certain details left by the series, from the perspective of a viewer like me; and the future movie does not serve as an excuse.

Yes, I think that the series is overrated, just because most people liked it and they have a 9 or 10, does not mean that their opinion is completely true. However, I agree that this series was enjoyable.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Dec 28, 2018 3:54 PM

Jan 2014
I don't hate the show as much as OP, but for the most part I get where he is coming from

First 3-4 ish episodes, were really good, but after that it just went downhill really fast. It's repetitive nature with its use of "witty" dialogue is one of it's biggest flaws. I used to like the relationship between the Sakuta and Mai, but it got real annoying as the episodes rolled by. The other characters are very weak and don't leave much of an impression. This should have been in a movie format, but since it didn't go like that, it overstayed its welcome

Oregairu is definitely the superior version of this show. Yes the story is different of course, but there are definitely striking similarities between the two.

TBH I wouldn't get too worked up over scores on MAL. I mean Casshern Sins which is one of the best anime ever made is a mere 7.58....while you have other garbage shows like BNH that has a 8.40+ score

DoctorWasabiDec 28, 2018 3:57 PM
Dec 28, 2018 4:18 PM
Jan 2017
People have these things called opinions right? and peoples opinions, hear me out now, CAN DIFFER FROM YOURS
Dec 28, 2018 4:24 PM
May 2017
DoctorWasabi said:
TBH I wouldn't get too worked up over scores on MAL. I mean Casshern Sins which is one of the best anime ever made is a mere 7.58....while you have other garbage shows like BNH that has a 8.40+ score

Fairy Tail would be an even better example, as it is basically every bad shonen stereotyope put together. unlike MHA, which is executes it's shonen trope with such polish that it becomes awesome. i don't even understand how Fairy Tail could have a score over 8.0
Dec 28, 2018 4:38 PM

Jan 2018
It's not one of the best. You might enjoy it, but it's not one of the best. The score puts it up there with some of the greatest anime of all time... And that just doesn't make any sense.
Dec 29, 2018 9:20 AM

Sep 2014
Killuan said:
Hrybami said:

You do realize that's only assuming your opinion is the same as the majority of other people who watched the anime, right? Bunny Girl's score progressively got higher as the series continued. If the majority of people really thought future episodes were worse, then why would the score continue to increase? I personally thought the 5th arc was the best. The final episode was somewhat anticlimactic but that's only because a movie is in the works and it's going to be a direct continuation of the series.

Reddit rates each episode individually and the scores for the episodes near the end of the anime had a higher mean average than those at the beginning of the anime.https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/a9sau1/seishun_buta_yarou_wa_bunny_girl_senpai_no_yume/

There's a reason why this anime is hated. It's not because it's fun to hate on something because "different opinions". Likewise there are other shows which got hated despite being liked by the majority and it is precisely the fact that there's a majority pulling up a mediocre show that ignite the hatred for the said show. If Bunny girl senpai wasn't unreasonably praised or had at least something good and unique about it, then people wouldn't hate it nearly as much as today. It's the consequence of having something mediocre receiving praise as if it was something special. See what happened to SAO? Lots of new anime fans started to praise the shit out of it to the point it became ridiculously overrated. Now things have changed for SAO, but I still remember how every new anime fans thought SAO was some holy masterpiece. It's just natural when something like that happen there is always some hated coming in with it. These statistics proving that the majority think that this anime is good is precisely what make people mad.

"Different opinion", maybe. But people generally understand how something got praised even though they may not agree with, but sometimes the reasons why something get highly rated just don't make sense.
Dec 29, 2018 9:43 AM

Apr 2007
Hrybami said:
Killuan said:

There's a reason why this anime is hated. It's not because it's fun to hate on something because "different opinions". Likewise there are other shows which got hated despite being liked by the majority and it is precisely the fact that there's a majority pulling up a mediocre show that ignite the hatred for the said show. If Bunny girl senpai wasn't unreasonably praised or had at least something good and unique about it, then people wouldn't hate it nearly as much as today. It's the consequence of having something mediocre receiving praise as if it was something special. See what happened to SAO? Lots of new anime fans started to praise the shit out of it to the point it became ridiculously overrated. Now things have changed for SAO, but I still remember how every new anime fans thought SAO was some holy masterpiece. It's just natural when something like that happen there is always some hated coming in with it. These statistics proving that the majority think that this anime is good is precisely what make people mad.

An outspoken minority does not mean the anime is hated. Popular anime bring out the worst in people who have a different opinion to the masses. They're rating it also, and the score remains high. This is also a phenomena on MAL. Reddit is almost exclusively filled with positive opinion. Your opinion isn't any more valid than the thousands of people who rated it. From my perspective, this series is more deserving of its rating than a lot of other anime in the top 50. I don't necessarily think those other anime don't deserve to be there, but opinions skew perception. You think it's mediocre, but people don't rate things highly for the sake of it. Feel free to try and be a critic and pick apart why this anime is just 'mediocre' but the enjoyability factor is the only thing that matters. And a large majority of people found it enjoyable to both regard and rate it highly.

"Different opinion", maybe. But people generally understand how something got praised even though they may not agree with, but sometimes the reasons why something get highly rated just don't make sense.

Are only people who rate things poorly able to see things clearly? Because I can assure you that the people who have a high regard for this anime wouldn't agree that they're over-rating the anime.

Also the large majority of anime fans aren't influenced by this shit show on MAL discussion threads. They watch an anime, rate it, and then move on.
KilluanDec 29, 2018 9:52 AM
Dec 29, 2018 9:55 AM
Oct 2017
This show is almost as high as Steins Gate, how ridiculous. It's funny how this gets an enormously high rating and a show like Goblin Slayer gets only a 7.6, I guess all the fans of this show are just autistic because most of them praise it as the second coming of Jesus Christ.
Dec 29, 2018 10:00 AM

Apr 2016
It explains quantum concepts with very simplistic scenarios and paralells. Brainlet.
Dec 29, 2018 10:33 AM

May 2015
Hrybami said:
Killuan said:

Can you please explain to me how it's objectively mediocre?

Dec 29, 2018 10:51 AM

Sep 2014
Killuan said:
Hrybami said:

An outspoken minority does not mean the anime is hated. Popular anime bring out the worst in people who have a different opinion to the masses. They're rating it also, and the score remains high. This is also a phenomena on MAL. Reddit is almost exclusively filled with positive opinion. Your opinion isn't any more valid than the thousands of people who rated it. From my perspective, this series is more deserving of its rating than a lot of other anime in the top 50. I don't necessarily think those other anime don't deserve to be there, but opinions skew perception. You think it's mediocre, but people don't rate things highly for the sake of it. Feel free to try and be a critic and pick apart why this anime is just 'mediocre' but the enjoyability factor is the only thing that matters. And a large majority of people found it enjoyable to both regard and rate it highly.

Are only people who rate things poorly able to see things clearly? Because I can assure you that the people who have a high regard for this anime wouldn't agree that they're over-rating the anime.

Also the large majority of anime fans aren't influenced by this shit show on MAL discussion threads. They watch an anime, rate it, and then move on.

That got a bit off topic... You don't need to rate something or interact with a community in order to have an opinion of something. I've never implied something outside of the MAL community. When I mentioned the "haters" I was making a link with this thread here and people who said that this anime is overrated or whatever opinion they have. I included myself in those "haters" because I feel that this anime is overrated even though I don't technically hate on it. Beside that, I believe there's a distinction with disagreeing with the general consensus of an anime and being a critic as the former is more like an opinion while the latter act like if it was some objective argument. And I don't take those "objective arguments" seriously to begin with so everybody have the right to have an opinion without pretending to be a critic. Fans and haters equally included.

Me, saying that this anime is mediocre, is my opinion. Just like you, saying that this anime deserve its score is your opinion. Different perspective bring different opinions. One thousand people saying I'm wrong wouldn't make my opinion discarded or whatever. I'm not here to shit on the fans anyway or to troll the fans. So I don't pretend anyone is wrong to like this show. Individually, I cannot disagree with anyone for enjoying their anime.

What I'm reacting to, in this thread, is the statistics shown in regard of this show's reception. As it currently stand, I feel that this anime is overrated. I approached one hypothesis that this show's score is going to get lower because that's generally what happens with MAL's new seasonal hits. And I made comparisons between this anime and other anime that look similar to it. And my overrall feeling tend to stand on the position that this anime is overrated because of its mediocrity and lack of originality when compared to other anime. I tried to figure out the possibility why people tend to rate this show that high and I noticed that a good amount of these fans are new fans that don't really have much experience with the medium. Now I want to make things clear, not everyone who love this anime is a newcomer. It's just a correlation I can see and it isn't a proof that the newer fans tend to enjoy this show because they don't have much experience. It's just an hypothesis and I don't pretend to be an anime god or something. And one other thing, I can remember similar phenomenon that happened to other show with SAO being a grotesque example of that.

Then again, it's just my opinion...
Dec 29, 2018 11:37 AM

Apr 2007
[quote=Hrybami message=56595442]
Killuan said:
Hrybami said:

That got a bit off topic... You don't need to rate something or interact with a community in order to have an opinion of something. I've never implied something outside of the MAL community. When I mentioned the "haters" I was making a link with this thread here and people who said that this anime is overrated or whatever opinion they have. I included myself in those "haters" because I feel that this anime is overrated even though I don't technically hate on it. Beside that, I believe there's a distinction with disagreeing with the general consensus of an anime and being a critic as the former is more like an opinion while the latter act like if it was some objective argument. And I don't take those "objective arguments" seriously to begin with so everybody have the right to have an opinion without pretending to be a critic. Fans and haters equally included.

Even though you didn't bring up any anime outlet besides MAL it is important to see what the general consensus is for an anime. If only MAL regarded Bunny Girl highly and then other anime outlets disagreed with that rating, then the assumption that Bunny Girl is over-rated might have more weight.

Everyone can attempt to be a critic, but not everyone can succeed at being one. Nothing about reviewing can truly be unbiased or objective. Regardless of a series quality if there is something you find distasteful about it or if personal preference interferes you will be overly harsh or lenient to the point where it no longer is an attempt at an objective rating.

Me, saying that this anime is mediocre, is my opinion. Just like you, saying that this anime deserve its score is your opinion. Different perspective bring different opinions. One thousand people saying I'm wrong wouldn't make my opinion discarded or whatever. I'm not here to shit on the fans anyway or to troll the fans. So I don't pretend anyone is wrong to like this show. Individually, I cannot disagree with anyone for enjoying their anime.

Of course, but wording is pretty important. Often times opinions start to sound like they're based on fact because a person becomes so convinced that their opinion is the right one. And then there are the shit posters who just try to instigate a reaction from the people who love a series. Overall i'd say this thread hasn't been very constructive.

What I'm reacting to, in this thread, is the statistics shown in regard of this show's reception. As it currently stand, I feel that this anime is overrated. I approached one hypothesis that this show's score is going to get lower because that's generally what happens with MAL's new seasonal hits. And I made comparisons between this anime and other anime that look similar to it. And my overrall feeling tend to stand on the position that this anime is overrated because of its mediocrity and lack of originality when compared to other anime. I tried to figure out the possibility why people tend to rate this show that high and I noticed that a good amount of these fans are new fans that don't really have much experience with the medium. Now I want to make things clear, not everyone who love this anime is a newcomer. It's just a correlation I can see and it isn't a proof that the newer fans tend to enjoy this show because they don't have much experience. It's just an hypothesis and I don't pretend to be an anime god or something. And one other thing, I can remember similar phenomenon that happened to other show with SAO being a grotesque example of that.

Then again, it's just my opinion...

That's an opinion you're free to have but I can't help to think of it as a shoddy excuse to try and explain away why the series is rated highly. Scores do trend down, but I don't think that has anything to do with viewers becoming enlightened. New series brings more competition. What one may consider a 10 today may not have the same impact a few years from now.

Bunny Girl(it's about as popular as Goblin Slayer) isn't nearly as popular as SAO. While it may be one of the most popular series this season, it's not mainstream. I don't know why new fans would target this anime any more than any other anime this season. It has an entirely different appeal from typical mainstream anime. I don't even think this is an anime new fans would be preferential to as it doesn't have a shounen feel. More importantly, checking each individual post in the many threads made for this anime is not a reliable way to find a correlation between new anime fans and its high rating.

KilluanDec 29, 2018 11:59 AM
Dec 29, 2018 1:00 PM

Jan 2018
Probably because it's ranked higher than some of the greatest anime of all time.

I don't usually care about ratings. I make an exception for this show because, when pointing that out, I was told to let go of the classics.

That's not even bringing up how many fans of this show negative rating bombed other shows I've been watching.

Before anyone says anything, I haven't even rated Bunny Girl yet. If I rated it just by hype and how the community surrounding this show have treated me and the anime I watch, it'd be a one.

Luckily I rate stuff based upon how good it is, and not how bad the community is.
Tsunshine-ChrisDec 29, 2018 2:10 PM
Dec 29, 2018 4:07 PM

Feb 2018
Most reviews are saying the show is overrated ..... the only way this anime has a score more than 8 is because of bots (and mal is full of them)
Dec 29, 2018 4:13 PM

Jul 2013
As much as I agree with the score... Yeah it's a good show but... It's way to high if you ask me. But calling the MC cringy that's a bit of a stretch.

Dec 29, 2018 4:24 PM
Mar 2017
scorpi1411 said:
why people like this one so much?

Probably cuz not everyone has the same taste. I personally rated it 8/10
Dec 29, 2018 5:35 PM
Jan 2012
Don't feed the trolls, guys... Eventually they'll give up and die under their rocks due to lack of attention/acknowledgement.
Dec 31, 2018 10:47 AM

Sep 2014
Killuan said:
Hrybami said:

Even though you didn't bring up any anime outlet besides MAL it is important to see what the general consensus is for an anime. If only MAL regarded Bunny Girl highly and then other anime outlets disagreed with that rating, then the assumption that Bunny Girl is over-rated might have more weight.

Everyone can attempt to be a critic, but not everyone can succeed at being one. Nothing about reviewing can truly be unbiased or objective. Regardless of a series quality if there is something you find distasteful about it or if personal preference interferes you will be overly harsh or lenient to the point where it no longer is an attempt at an objective rating.

Of course, but wording is pretty important. Often times opinions start to sound like they're based on fact because a person becomes so convinced that their opinion is the right one. And then there are the shit posters who just try to instigate a reaction from the people who love a series. Overall i'd say this thread hasn't been very constructive.

That's an opinion you're free to have but I can't help to think of it as a shoddy excuse to try and explain away why the series is rated highly. Scores do trend down, but I don't think that has anything to do with viewers becoming enlightened. New series brings more competition. What one may consider a 10 today may not have the same impact a few years from now.

Bunny Girl(it's about as popular as Goblin Slayer) isn't nearly as popular as SAO. While it may be one of the most popular series this season, it's not mainstream. I don't know why new fans would target this anime any more than any other anime this season. It has an entirely different appeal from typical mainstream anime. I don't even think this is an anime new fans would be preferential to as it doesn't have a shounen feel. More importantly, checking each individual post in the many threads made for this anime is not a reliable way to find a correlation between new anime fans and its high rating.

Well sorry then, I thought this baity thread was called "WTF is that score". I guessed it would be clear from the start that such score depicted the general consensus raised by a majority which is approving this anime to be good. And thus I was discussing that consensus and the possibility that it might change in the future. If you wanted me to explain why I think this anime is overrated you should have asked me that instead of telling me that the majority couldn't possibly hate on this anime. Which refer directly to where the hatred come from.

I know nothing about Reddit. MAL is the only anime related community I'm browsing so I cannot know if the same opinion appeared elsewhere. Based on MAL only and its numerous thread and replies questionning the show's quality, We can clearly see that there's a controversial reception regarding where this show is located in the top anime page of MAL.

I might be wrong about my theories after all. It's true that enjoyment is what matter the most when it comes to score. But when people share their feeling on the forum, enjoyment is not always presented as the most important aspect of an anime since people naturally want to talk about more complex aspects such as characters, dialogues and themes. So I can get mistaken with what people say and what they truly feel. Who knows? I'm curious to see what will happen to this anime in some years.
Dec 31, 2018 6:05 PM

Oct 2015
You guys prolly like shitty harem/ecchi MCs that act like little girls thats why.

PS: who gives a fuck about MAL scores?! Lol i dont wanna point fingers but theres plenty of trash with 9+ Score... :-/
iTzKenzoDec 31, 2018 6:10 PM
Dec 31, 2018 6:13 PM

Jan 2017
It's because you need a pretty high IQ to understand and appreciate the quantum mechanics shown. That's your problem buddy.
Dec 31, 2018 7:23 PM
Jul 2017
All I see is "Uhhh I didn't like it. Why did so many people like it. Stop liking it, it's not that good. Pander to my tastes or you all suck".
Jan 1, 2019 5:08 PM
Sep 2016
I initially liked the show and novel but yeaah got a bit (pretty) overrated and overhyped down people's throats... Glad to see different perspectives than "OMG so goooodd cause reasons waiifuuu Ahhh abglfglbh reee"
And of course fanboys would be upset cause "How dareth one not love my flawless masterpiece? A different opinion to mine? I gaspeth...something something haters reee"
1.1.Six
Jan 3, 2019 7:20 PM

Feb 2017
Please, just stop watching only seasonals. Maybe then some of you can realise how shows like this aren't remarkable when you have Haruhi and Monogatari covering similar topics and ideas in a much more innovative, groundbreaking way.
Jan 4, 2019 6:11 AM

Apr 2018
Zuerchtein-Mario said:
Most reviews are saying the show is overrated ..... the only way this anime has a score more than 8 is because of bots (and mal is full of them)
at first 4 of the top reviews gave it a score of 8 and above (the fifth was a troll) then when all the people started complaining about the score those review with negative opinions showed up
Jan 4, 2019 7:48 AM

Sep 2017
It's so sad that people get triggered and angry over a score of an anime it blows my mind how stupid people can be.
Jan 4, 2019 8:25 AM
Oct 2016
Tsunshine-Chris said:
Probably because it's ranked higher than some of the greatest anime of all time.

Don't get me wrong but I saw this argument several times already from different users; tell me - did someone die and appointed you the arbiters of what are "the greatest anime of all time" and "how other shows should be rated by other people respective to your greatest "? Last time I checked it's decided by community at large based on how much they enjoyed the show. High score means vast majority of people enjoyed the show and can at least expect people to respect their opinion and taste... yeah tough luck, I know...

Tsunshine-Chris said:
That's not even bringing up how many fans of this show negative rating bombed other shows I've been watching.

Can you give specific examples? Cause this is a new show and I doubt it had a lot of fans before or just when it started.
What I do see however, is that fans of other shows clearly bombed Bunny-girl Senpai with negative ratings and spammed "helpful" on negative reviews

Tsunshine-Chris said:
Luckily I rate stuff based upon how good it is, and not how bad the community is.

Good, just like most people here.
Jan 4, 2019 8:47 AM

Apr 2016
Magnif-Steiner said:
Please, just stop watching only seasonals. Maybe then some of you can realise how shows like this aren't remarkable when you have Haruhi and Monogatari covering similar topics and ideas in a much more innovative, groundbreaking way.

Hmmm yes references to Japanese folk lore and kanji puns that only a native speaker would ever understand versus quantum mechanics and simple philosophical thought experiments like Laplace's demon which are themselves actually explained in the anime, oh nevermind you are right Monogatari is TOTALLY WAY BETTER.

Lol this anime has become a litmus test for brainlets. Sorry you don't get it, maybe go back to watching one piece.
Jan 4, 2019 8:57 AM

May 2010
I just finished the show and I cannot say I am inpressed. I had put the show on hold for a couple of week because I started to lose interest.
From the beginning the show felt very similar to Harui. It took me a bit longer to realise this show is actually just like all those other LN anime set in a school where the rather dull MC tries to have a normal school life while doing as little as possible while haning out with his one male friend and a dozen females. I tried to like this series, and I guess it was sort of enjoyable but I just do not understand all the praise the show gets.

I do not care about what score it has on MAL, but I am very curious as to why people rate it so high and how it became this popular. Maybe people really just wanted to look at a bunny girl every week for 20 minutes and were blown away by something that resembles an actual story?
Jan 5, 2019 1:56 AM

Feb 2014
Come on OP let people enjoy things. Just 'cause you don't like it doesn't mean you should just rip on it. I hate Gurren Lagaan and Kill La Kill, and they're considered 2 of the best anime (at least in Gurren Lagaan's case, not 100% on Kill La Kill). You don't see me on the forum for bashing it, do you? Just let people enjoy things they like, is it that hard?
Jan 5, 2019 9:06 AM

Dec 2013
Mywifesson said:
Hmmm yes references to Japanese folk lore and kanji puns that only a native speaker would ever understand...

Just watch [Commie] version? Good subs = problem solved.
Jan 5, 2019 9:23 AM

Apr 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
Mywifesson said:
Hmmm yes references to Japanese folk lore and kanji puns that only a native speaker would ever understand...

Just watch [Commie] version? Good subs = problem solved.

you also aren't getting it. Quantum mechanics is something that is accessible to everyone, everyone can understand bits and pieces of it, like the idea of if you shoot a quantum particle with a photon of light that is the only time you can see it. Thus by perception we bring things into existence. They can't understand something like the context and folklore behind the weightless crab, they sure as hell can't understand why the hell the kanji puns works no matter how much explaination.

People like you and the other guy don't actually like anime, you like being part of an elitist group of nerds the same who told you lotgh was good. like pitchfork nerds for music. you don't get it, you will NEVER get it. the sub quality doesn't matter, you WILL NEVER GET IT.
Jan 5, 2019 9:24 AM

Oct 2018
School setting appeals to the younger new era of kids. O.o

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jan 5, 2019 11:02 AM

Dec 2013
Mywifesson said:

you also aren't getting it. Quantum mechanics is something that is accessible to everyone, everyone can understand bits and pieces of it, like the idea of if you shoot a quantum particle with a photon of light that is the only time you can see it. Thus by perception we bring things into existence.

Except that was the worst part of this show? The author wanted some paranormal stuff, but it was handled rather poorly. A notable example is arc #2. Nothing was explained. Actually, all of these quantum mechanics were explained poorly and served no purpose. This is just bad writing.

Mywifesson said:

They can't understand something like the context and folklore behind the weightless crab, they sure as hell can't understand why the hell the kanji puns works no matter how much explaination.

What for? Like I said, just grab competent release.
This is Owarimono ep 8.

Mywifesson said:
People like you and the other guy don't actually like anime, you like being part of an elitist group of nerds the same who told you lotgh was good. like pitchfork nerds for music. you don't get it, you will NEVER get it. the sub quality doesn't matter, you WILL NEVER GET IT.

I dunno what you are talking about
And I've never seen LOTGH, if that's in any way relevant to mention.
Jan 5, 2019 11:14 AM

Apr 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
Mywifesson said:

you also aren't getting it. Quantum mechanics is something that is accessible to everyone, everyone can understand bits and pieces of it, like the idea of if you shoot a quantum particle with a photon of light that is the only time you can see it. Thus by perception we bring things into existence.

Except that was the worst part of this show? The author wanted some paranormal stuff, but it was handled rather poorly. A notable example is arc #2. Nothing was explained. Actually, all of these quantum mechanics were explained poorly and served no purpose. This is just bad writing.

Mywifesson said:

They can't understand something like the context and folklore behind the weightless crab, they sure as hell can't understand why the hell the kanji puns works no matter how much explaination.

What for? Like I said, just grab competent release.
This is Owarimono ep 8.

Mywifesson said:

I dunno what you are talking about
And I've never seen LOTGH, if that's in any way relevant to mention.

None of it was paranormal. Way to show you don't get it.

Again how is that explained? You don't know what that added kanji means lol. You don't understand how it changes the word or what the etymology of that single letter is. You also didn't grow up with the folk tales so you don't get any of the stories it's based on. You don't have the tools to understand it. It would be like trying to teach someone calculus when they don't understand algebra.
Jan 5, 2019 11:38 AM

Dec 2013
Mywifesson said:

None of it was paranormal. Way to show you don't get it.

So, your friends also tend to freeze time?
That's quite interesting.

Also, have some dictionary:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/paranormal
: not scientifically explainable : SUPERNATURAL

Guess what? It wasn't explained. At all.
I mean, all these explanations were hardly coherent.

Mywifesson said:
Again how is that explained? You don't know what that added kanji means lol. You don't understand how it changes the word or what the etymology of that single letter is.

Again, what for? It works quite good this way.

Couldn't care less about kanji strokes or whatever.
Subs go straight to the point.
Jan 5, 2019 12:08 PM

Feb 2017
I dropped it after the first two episodes. Then after 5-6 weeks after seeing the rating I was like "WTF is it that good ?!" Then tried to watch again but dropped it for the 2nd time.
I don't know what's wrong with MAL.
Jan 6, 2019 12:56 AM
Apr 2016
KreatorX said:
And the MAL community never ceases to amaze me with score-bitching

Agreed, looking at the forum posts for this anime I’ve started to remember why I don’t go on the MAL forums much anymore lol There’s no critical thinking, just “Oh that’s Cringey” or “Yeah the first 2 eps were good but...” Sorry not every anime can be SAO and feed you fam service trash. Bunny Senpai started with an interesting premise and completely subverted my expectations of what it would be, and instead of trading out that premise with fan service they give you interesting and emotional character studies with a nice paranormal twist as the hook. Sakuta and Mai-san have one of the healthiest and most believable relationships I’ve seen in an anime. Anyone with an actual SO can tell you that. Sorry if their actions don’t match up with how you guys act around your crusty body pillows. This anime is charming and it has enough to it that many people can find it relatable. Stop disliking something because it doesn’t pander to you and think critically and subjectively for fucks sake. I miss the days when I could go onto MAL and actually have decent conversations with other Otaku. Now it’s all just screeching Weebs that are mad about there not being enough panty shots.
Jan 6, 2019 6:54 AM

Aug 2017
Score will drop over time
Jan 6, 2019 4:32 PM

Apr 2016
@kamiyan3991 again not paranormal, paranormal specifically deals with ghosts and demons an act of God is not paranormal. The anime uses science to create the phenomena. What didn't you get about the second arc? That's on you brother.
Jan 6, 2019 5:10 PM

Dec 2013
Mywifesson said:
What didn't you get about the second arc?

Let me quote some review since I'm too lazy to explain it myself.

Quantum entanglement... a) Is an actual physical phenomena, not theoretical construct, and it doesn’t fit the situation at all, so it wouldn’t be a thing that comes to mind here; b) Doesn’t have anything to do with Laplace’s demon, so it wouldn’t come to mind based on that; c) DOESN’T EXPLAIN WHY THE TIME IS REPEATING IN A LOOP, INSTEAD OF TWO PEOPLE BEING CLAIRVOYANT.

Shit writing is shit.
Jan 7, 2019 8:04 AM

Apr 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
Mywifesson said:
What didn't you get about the second arc?

Let me quote some review since I'm too lazy to explain it myself.

Quantum entanglement... a) Is an actual physical phenomena, not theoretical construct, and it doesn’t fit the situation at all, so it wouldn’t be a thing that comes to mind here; b) Doesn’t have anything to do with Laplace’s demon, so it wouldn’t come to mind based on that; c) DOESN’T EXPLAIN WHY THE TIME IS REPEATING IN A LOOP, INSTEAD OF TWO PEOPLE BEING CLAIRVOYANT.

Shit writing is shit.

Can you at the brainlet who you quoted? I'll keep this simple, quantum entanglement is the idea multiple particles interact in such a way that they must be treated as a whole rather than individual, the time rewind was like turning a dial clockwise and counter clockwise repeatedly until the end result was 1. Laplaces demon is the idea by knowing every physical fact in the universe it is possible to guess the outcome of past and future events. The ideas are independent of eachother but can be used in tandem The girl knew the eventual outcome no matter how many times she spun the dial clockwise or counter clockwise the end result would be one. Laplaces demon was just there to accentuate her futility.
Jan 7, 2019 8:59 AM

Aug 2018
This discussion is ridiculous.
Everyone has his opinions.
Everyone can like/dislike shows.
Jan 7, 2019 3:04 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
MAL = trash talking community. Don't bother with the reviews. Just watch anime on your own and record your list.

Don't waste your time argue with people. Give up, you can't change their mind.

Troll Post Example:
Come back when you completed over a 1000 series, then come back and tell them which series entertained you and worth watching after you completed hella series.
Jan 7, 2019 5:48 PM

Nov 2014
Kamiyan3991 said:
MAL never ceases to surprise me, I guess?
I mean, this show is rather mehdiocre Mono/Oreiro ripoff with cringelord MC.

just finished it and its better than monogatari series or oregairu
Jan 8, 2019 7:02 AM

Aug 2013
viktheone said:
It's so sad that people get triggered and angry over a score of an anime it blows my mind how stupid people can be.

Pretty much this.
Jan 9, 2019 5:35 PM

Oct 2013
MangaMuu said:
KreatorX said:
And the MAL community never ceases to amaze me with score-bitching

Agreed, looking at the forum posts for this anime I’ve started to remember why I don’t go on the MAL forums much anymore lol There’s no critical thinking, just “Oh that’s Cringey” or “Yeah the first 2 eps were good but...” Sorry not every anime can be SAO and feed you fam service trash. Bunny Senpai started with an interesting premise and completely subverted my expectations of what it would be, and instead of trading out that premise with fan service they give you interesting and emotional character studies with a nice paranormal twist as the hook. Sakuta and Mai-san have one of the healthiest and most believable relationships I’ve seen in an anime. Anyone with an actual SO can tell you that. Sorry if their actions don’t match up with how you guys act around your crusty body pillows. This anime is charming and it has enough to it that many people can find it relatable. Stop disliking something because it doesn’t pander to you and think critically and subjectively for fucks sake. I miss the days when I could go onto MAL and actually have decent conversations with other Otaku. Now it’s all just screeching Weebs that are mad about there not being enough panty shots.

Emotional character studies. Ok dude
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Apr 25, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.