Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 12, 2018 8:14 PM
Oct 2018
Look, man. I get how someone can beat meat looking at +monster +group doujins, i get that seeing goblins getting eviscerated is a thing that is enjoyable and i went into this anime in that mindset.

So...
Why am i not enjoying this as much as i'm told i will?
I'm really not interested in anything that happens, does anyone else feel the same way?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 13, 2018 1:13 AM

Sep 2016
I don't know, man. As a straight guy, I was really entertained by the first episode.
Oct 13, 2018 11:19 AM

Mar 2015
Lord_Of_Denial said:
I don't know, man. As a straight guy, I was really entertained by the first episode.

Agreed, the first ep was rather quite enjoyable.
Oct 13, 2018 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
i can't believe what i just read..
Oct 13, 2018 11:32 AM

Mar 2017
Can't say I disagree. It felt rather boring compared to the source material. Don't know why. May be because I know the story already. But then again I do enjoy other anime even after reading the source material.
Oct 13, 2018 11:50 AM

Nov 2013

So...
Why am i not enjoying this as much as i'm told i will?
I'm really not interested in anything that happens, does anyone else feel the same way?

Of course there will be people who feel the same. Don't know why you'd continue watching if you don't enjoy it though. Anyone forcing you? Drop it and watch something else.
Oct 13, 2018 9:17 PM
Oct 2018
I don't know, i was expecting some really grim stuff, but the violence just kinda left me numb cause i didn't care about what happens to any of these characters.
Oct 15, 2018 1:37 AM

May 2018
razlaz said:
I don't know, i was expecting some really grim stuff, but the violence just kinda left me numb cause i didn't care about what happens to any of these characters.

Thats the point
The purpose of episode one is introducing the real main cast and the goblins, not introducing the noob group.
Oct 15, 2018 1:58 AM

Mar 2016
Minar-kyun said:
Can't say I disagree. It felt rather boring compared to the source material. Don't know why. May be because I know the story already. But then again I do enjoy other anime even after reading the source material.

I don't know the source material and I considered it boring as well. Overall, it looks like a really really bad D&D campaign.
Oct 15, 2018 2:08 AM

Feb 2017
Lord_Of_Denial said:
xFlakee said:
Lord_Of_Denial said:

Yeah? Why's that? Careful, you're on thin ice.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Oct 15, 2018 2:31 AM

Sep 2016
Ivoria said:
Lord_Of_Denial said:
xFlakee said:

Ivoria said:
Lord_Of_Denial said:
xFlakee said:

Ain't that obvious? Thin ice huh... cute.
Oct 15, 2018 2:32 AM

Feb 2017
Lord_Of_Denial said:
Ivoria said:

Ivoria said:

So you like rape. You're literally just admitting that you enjoy rape.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Oct 15, 2018 2:37 AM

Sep 2016
Ivoria said:
Lord_Of_Denial said:

nah... I respecc wamen.
Oct 15, 2018 2:38 AM

Aug 2013
Just skip it if you're that bored by it. Or read the manga, which at least is fun.

Ivoria said:

Sadly reading that kind of thing doesn't even surprise me anymore in here. Way too much wannabe edgelords here.
Oct 15, 2018 2:41 AM

May 2018
Ivoria said:
Lord_Of_Denial said:

that's called fetish.
completely normal as long you didn't forced it to anyone.
Oct 15, 2018 2:44 AM

Feb 2017
Lord_Of_Denial said:
Ivoria said:

nah... I respecc wamen.

No you don't. Anyone who enjoys watching rape in a non-hentai situation does not respect us -- or themselves, really.
meatbun_ said:
Just skip it if you're that bored by it. Or read the manga, which at least is fun.

Ivoria said:

Sadly reading that kind of thing doesn't even surprise me anymore in here. Way too much wannabe edgelords here.

True that.
Blue_Reaper said:
Ivoria said:

that's called fetish.

Having a fetish about girls getting raped or raping girls is not okay and those kinds of people need therapy.

Oct 15, 2018 2:47 AM

May 2018
Ivoria said:
Lord_Of_Denial said:
nah... I respecc wamen.

No you don't. Anyone who enjoys watching rape in a non-hentai situation does not respect us -- or themselves, really.
meatbun_ said:

True that.
Blue_Reaper said:

that's called fetish.

Having a fetish about girls getting raped or raping girls is not okay and those kinds of people need therapy.

LOL
i bet you're that type of people who got offended from NTR hentai.
Oct 15, 2018 2:49 AM

Sep 2016
Ivoria said:
Lord_Of_Denial said:
nah... I respecc wamen.

meatbun_ said:

True that.
Blue_Reaper said:

that's called fetish.

I see I've been talking to a feminazi all this time. Oh well...
Oct 15, 2018 2:49 AM

Feb 2017
Blue_Reaper said:
Ivoria said:

True that.

LOL

No, because that's hentai. Isn't the rape in Goblin Slayer supposed to be gritty and contribute to the "dark" and "gruesome" atmosphere? It's not made to be erotic. That means you're not supposed to enjoy it, and that you're sick in the head if you do.

Oct 15, 2018 2:51 AM

Feb 2017
Lord_Of_Denial said:
Ivoria said:

True that.

Yes, because the fact that I don't cream my pants to characters getting brutally raped makes me a feminazi. Great job.

Oct 15, 2018 2:55 AM

Apr 2016
@Ivoria hey girl, life is not just about holding hands and in 15s promising each other to marry when older.

Sometimes fucked up shit happen.
Oct 15, 2018 2:56 AM

May 2018
Ivoria said:
Blue_Reaper said:

LOL

No, because that's hentai. Isn't the rape in Goblin Slayer supposed to be gritty and contribute to the "dark" and "gruesome" atmosphere? It's not made to be erotic. That means you're not supposed to enjoy it, and that you're sick in the head if you do.

no, it's just a cheap bait to attract people.
and there are literally thousand of hentai involving the rape of under aged girls without their willingness, how is this different than hentai?
Oct 15, 2018 2:56 AM
Jul 2018
How in the fooking Fak we should know that OP?
Oct 15, 2018 3:02 AM

Sep 2016
Ivoria said:
Lord_Of_Denial said:

Yes, because the fact that I don't cream my pants to characters getting brutally raped makes me a feminazi. Great job.
Brutally raped? You call THAT brutal? Wow, you have seen nothing then. That shit looked more like a hentai.
NothinComplexPlsOct 15, 2018 3:05 AM
Oct 15, 2018 3:06 AM

Nov 2011
Because this isn't hentai. It's an average story.

Oct 15, 2018 3:10 AM

Jan 2018
At this point, I'm waiting for the 'goblin slayer made me cry, does anyone feel this way' thread.
Oct 15, 2018 3:42 AM

May 2016
CAN PEOPLE JUST ENJOY THE DAMN SHOW WITH OUT ANY COMPLANES
Oct 15, 2018 4:12 AM
Jan 2016
Honestly the anime isn't really doing a good job, the weird CGI, some weird VA, Pacing when its good its super fun however when its bad its bad. However the lightening the colour design is pretty mediocre, lol why can't dark shows have good colour design anymore e.g. berserk 1997 one of the best colour design in anime.
Oct 15, 2018 4:19 AM

Feb 2017
Swagernator said:
@Ivoria hey girl, life is not just about holding hands and in 15s promising each other to marry when older.

Except the fucked-up-shit in this anime is almost entirely pointless. The story destroys all of its own attempts to be dark and meaningful. Here, watch this video.

Oct 15, 2018 4:20 AM
Oct 2018
is this how this forum lately??
i delete my MAL acc like a year ago because i cant bare with the toxicity.
but now its like a heart-to-heart forum eh?
"dear MAL, many people say this show great but i dont feel it. can u tell me? can u change my opinion? "
Oct 15, 2018 4:20 AM

Apr 2016
Ivoria said:
Swagernator said:

Except the fucked-up-shit in this anime is almost entirely pointless. The story destroys all of its own attempts to be dark and meaningful. Here, watch this video.

Thanks but i have my own head, i dont need some shitty anime youtuber to tell me what i should dislike, like you. No wonder you started this pointless argument, if its the youtuber that speaks through you. Get this shit to youtube or r/anime thats where it belongs.
Oct 15, 2018 4:23 AM

Feb 2017
Blue_Reaper said:
Ivoria said:

and there are literally thousand of hentai involving the rape of under aged girls without their willingness, how is this different than hentai?

That's another thing, and also why I put the words dark and gruesome in apostrophes; the story tries to come across as those things, but it's really just watered-down hentai. In any case, there's still a clear difference in that here, it's at least somewhat attempting to be serious, while hentai doesn't.

Oct 15, 2018 4:25 AM

Feb 2017
Swagernator said:
Ivoria said:

Thanks but i have my own head, i dont need some shitty anime youtuber to tell me what i should dislike, like you. No wonder you started this pointless argument, if its the youtuber that speaks through you. Get this shit to youtube or r/anime thats where it belongs.

He actually presents very good points and well-rounded evidence, but if you're so close-minded that you're not willing to hear other opinions in the fear that you'll be proven wrong, that works too. :) Bye then.

Oct 15, 2018 4:29 AM

Feb 2017
Lord_Of_Denial said:
Ivoria said:

Brutally raped? You call THAT brutal? Wow, you have seen nothing then. That shit looked more like a hentai.

>admitting that you jack off to rape that's even more violent
You're really not helping yourself. I don't want to continue arguing with some degenerate who likes rape (and might very well be a rapist in the future), especially since it's clear we aren't getting anywhere, so let's end it here.

Oct 15, 2018 4:29 AM
Oct 15, 2018 4:51 AM

Oct 2018
Because you are supposed to wait till it all comes out then binge it. That way you are not bored. I cannot wait between episodes so i am waiting for the whole thing.
Oct 15, 2018 5:02 AM

May 2018
Ivoria said:
Blue_Reaper said:

That's another thing, and also why I put the words dark and gruesome in apostrophes; the story tries to come across as those things, but it's really just watered-down hentai. In any case, there's still a clear difference in that here, it's at least somewhat attempting to be serious, while hentai doesn't.

lolnope.
the purpose of the rape in episode one is not to show the anime was dark, it's just a plot point to justify that goblins are terrible creature that needs to be exterminated. The thing that was dark in this anime is, they showed explicit content, and there is no bullshit nakama power up like in shonen anime.
why do you call hentai isn't created seriously? some hentai is even more serious in terms of writing than goblin rape in episode one.
as a media of entertainment, sure every aspect and elements of this show is made to entertain people, but it's not for everyone, that is why people don't talk about their fetish openly.
Oct 15, 2018 5:51 AM

Dec 2016
Blue_Reaper said:
Ivoria said:

lolnope.
the purpose of the rape in episode one is not to show the anime was dark, it's just a plot point to justify that goblins are terrible creature that needs to be exterminated. The thing that was dark in this anime is, they showed explicit content, and there is no bullshit nakama power up like in shonen anime.
why do you call hentai isn't created seriously? some hentai is even more serious in terms of writing than goblin rape in episode one.
as a media of entertainment, sure every aspect and elements of this show is made to entertain people, but it's not for everyone, that is why people don't talk about their fetish openly.

Yup agree with this guy. Many shows use horrible acts such as murder, kidnappings, and torture to give the viewers a better sense of how terrible/gruesome something really is and this anime just happened to use rape as a portrayal of how unmerciful the goblins are. There are plenty of people intrigued and find enjoyment in scenes such as these even if they are horrible in the real world, but there are also plenty of others who find it distasteful to put murder/rape scenes in shows. People float around the anime community to find what they like or find interesting, whether it's magical loli girls, heartwarming love stories, or a darker styled story that isn't usually portrayed elsewhere.
Oct 15, 2018 6:26 AM

Dec 2015
It gets better (in a good way) later on
Oct 15, 2018 6:31 AM

May 2018
Dyemo said:
Blue_Reaper said:

lolnope.

Yup agree with this guy. Many shows use horrible acts such as murder, kidnappings, and torture to give the viewers a better sense of how terrible/gruesome something really is and this anime just happened to use rape as a portrayal of how unmerciful the goblins are. There are plenty of people intrigued and find enjoyment in scenes such as these even if they are horrible in the real world, but there are also plenty of others who find it distasteful to put murder/rape scenes in shows. People float around the anime community to find what they like or find interesting, whether it's magical loli girls, heartwarming love stories, or a darker styled story that isn't usually portrayed elsewhere.

that's the point.
if people think that rape in media was bad, why don't they think murder, torture, and war is also bad? people who have rape fetish doesn't mean they want to rape people irl.
Sometimes i found it funny people who love wholesome and melodramatic fictions tend to hate people who like edgy fictions.
Oct 15, 2018 7:00 AM
Oct 2018
Honestly i feel like the rape stuff is just added in there to attract attention rather than as nuance. I get that you're establishing that the goblins are evil, but that's just it isn't it.

All you're doing is establish the goblins as evil. Nothing interesting at this point, you're just making them sword fodder. There are anime characters hated way more than the goblins and they never even touched a woman.
Oct 15, 2018 7:09 AM

May 2018
razlaz said:
Honestly i feel like the rape stuff is just added in there to attract attention rather than as nuance. I get that you're establishing that the goblins are evil, but that's just it isn't it.

All you're doing is establish the goblins as evil. Nothing interesting at this point, you're just making them sword fodder. There are anime characters hated way more than the goblins and they never even touched a woman.

indeed it is, the rape isn't even the focus of the show. when i first read the manga, i already know in future chapters there will be less and less rape, and i was right.
Even if the goblins didn't rape the girls, they will still become a generic sword fodder, so why don't we make it more "wild" to appease our readers? -the author said :3
Oct 15, 2018 9:15 AM

Jul 2017
Ivoria said:
Lord_Of_Denial said:

I hate this show too but shut up. Your "so you like rape" argument is what's killing the integrity of legitimate criticisms of this show.
Oct 15, 2018 9:17 AM

Feb 2015
The show is called Goblin Slayer, and goblins are being slain in the first episode. It was fine for me.
Oct 15, 2018 9:24 AM

Feb 2017
Lord_Of_Denial said:

You're disgusting
Oct 15, 2018 10:23 AM

Sep 2016
Ivoria said:
Lord_Of_Denial said:

>admitting that you jack off to rape that's even more violent
You're really not helping yourself. I don't want to continue arguing with some degenerate who likes rape (and might very well be a rapist in the future), especially since it's clear we aren't getting anywhere, so let's end it here.
You just showed that you are an assumptuous prick. When did I admit that I like more violent rape? The rape scene is there for entertaining the viewers and the author himself said that. Do you even know what a fetish is xD?
But nevermind, yeah lets end it here. There's no point arguing with a feminazi, as expected. Its not like you gave any proper arguments to me either. All this time you've just been spewing insults like a dumbass. Lmao
NothinComplexPlsOct 15, 2018 1:13 PM
Oct 15, 2018 10:35 AM

Apr 2015
Enjoyment is subjective

I find this to be enjoyable and I do not need crybabies on twitter to tell me what I should and should not watch.

bYE

If you find it boring, it's ok, if you find it fun, it's ok.
Oct 15, 2018 12:19 PM
Jul 2016
I enjoyed the first episode, but the rape scene still freaks me out when I think of it
Oct 15, 2018 12:36 PM
Oct 2018
Because it has no redeeming qualities and is straight up generic. But normies and thirsty teens keep praising it because its "dark fantasy", when the only thing dark about it is the fact that GS somehow made it to top 900
Oct 15, 2018 3:58 PM

Jun 2007
Ivoria said:

Ivoria said:

Fun bit of trivia I just found for you, after a quick Google: there was some research done that determined between 30-57% of women have rape fantasies. Even the women yet to be raped need therapy, clearly. It's almost as if the desire for power is a universal thingy. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18321031

I know not why this is an issue when no rape was shown, only heavily suggested off-screen, meaning it'd be kinda difficult to masturbate over without a vivid imagination at the ready.

That aside, TC: you are bored because you are desensitised. If you are not easily shocked by the depravity of hum... err, goblins, you are not going to be in awe of what is just another dark fantasy medieval thing. The main character is basically a hollow shell so there's little to connect to. And goblins are easily killed. That is why you are bored.

I hope this helped you comprehend matters much too complicated.

Much love xxxx
AironicallyHumanOct 15, 2018 4:02 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

993 by Raphkial »»
May 7, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.