Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2018 11:16 AM

Sep 2018
IdleSolution said:
I rewatched the old steins gate and I realized how many flaws it has, its not that good of a show. I dont know why, but I haven't noticed it at first. All of the characters, except Okabe, are trash and it was boring at times. Maybe you just realized that when watching the sequel. I haven't watched 0 yet so can't really tell

There is no "flaws" at all if you play VN. You find "flaws" cos you don't understand something lmao. Play VN and all "flaws" will disappear
Sep 12, 2018 11:21 AM

Jun 2017
Silverstorm92 said:
IdleSolution said:
I rewatched the old steins gate and I realized how many flaws it has, its not that good of a show. I dont know why, but I haven't noticed it at first. All of the characters, except Okabe, are trash and it was boring at times. Maybe you just realized that when watching the sequel. I haven't watched 0 yet so can't really tell

There is no "flaws" at all if you play VN. You find "flaws" cos you don't understand something lmao. Play VN and all "flaws" will disappear

By flaw I meant stuff like trash characters

Sep 12, 2018 11:54 AM

Sep 2018
IdleSolution said:
Silverstorm92 said:

By flaw I meant stuff like trash characters

Really? IMO they are best characters out there. Each char has their own endings in VN and the chars are even better than Anime. Try VN :)
Edit: Btw Anime S;G 0 is getting better. And again S;G 0 VN is much much better than Anime!
DragonKnight92Sep 12, 2018 11:58 AM
Sep 12, 2018 11:57 AM
Sep 2013
Low quality bait, literally the best anime of 2018 so far and we've had really some really good ones. It's also way better than the original and the original is already very good.
Sep 12, 2018 12:03 PM

Jul 2016
i also seen some flaws when re-visiting the original SG
and so it does for all series i have watched

we just grown up, seen more anime, and such thing is normal
still one of the best out there

ppl who don't like zero most likely because they didn't know what to expect
if you expect something like OG SG ofc you will hate it
Sep 12, 2018 12:31 PM

Sep 2018
Only VN players find anime good now lmao. Others drop it after few eps. They drop many great moments in last episodes. Btw Ep 21 was so great!
My rank:
S;G VN = S;G 0 VN: 100/10
S;G Anime: 10/10
S;G 0 Anime: 7.7/10 currently, 8/10 or higher when full bluray released
DragonKnight92Sep 12, 2018 12:36 PM
Sep 12, 2018 12:32 PM
Sep 2018
Sure it would have been better with Christina
Sure it would have been better with Hououin Kyouma
But is that what Steins;Gate 0 is about? No.

Steins;Gates ended with the Steins;Gates, and if you expected more of that in this series, then you came into it with the wrong idea. This is supposed to be more depressing, it’s not supposed to feel invigorating like the previous series. This is everything that happens to make the canon ending actually happen. You guys are just expecting too much out of it
Sep 12, 2018 7:46 PM

Mar 2018
It is horrible and hot garbage compared to Season 1

2/10 as of Ep. 21
Sep 12, 2018 8:59 PM
Jul 2015
ManAndJerry said:
This is supposed to be more depressing, it’s not supposed to feel invigorating like the previous series.

It's not only about these. It's bad for plot, character development, weak explanation and many ass-pull stuff.

Sep 12, 2018 9:52 PM

Sep 2017
cropsini said:
Steins;Gate 0 is one of my biggest disappointments in my life.
I'm huge fan of the S;G, It is my favorite show, i watched it about 4-5 times and played the VN.
Since the very beggining i was feeling that something is wrong. I didn't feel Steins;Gate vibe. I hoped it might get good later, but what i encountered is crap animation, cringe humour, shitload of useless characters.
One and the only one good episode which i loved is ep8 which was perfect.
BUT.
Everything other is just horrible.

Story is dull, literally nothing interesting, "thrilling secrets" which are obvious about 5 episodes before any character realises it. Shitload of things that was super unnecessary. Some wierd decisions and ultrapoor scenography (I'm looking at you, roof scenes.
I feel like i am watching some seasonal crap with 6.5 score.
This anime is jumping from one thread to another, it feels kinda pushedn and not fluid.
Cutting head with one's hands? Is it some crappy edgy shit like mirai nikki?
Pacing is wierd. I feel like everything is slow, but individual threads are rushed.

Animation is bad. It is much worse than original. Sometimes even the protagonist in the foreground look more like a potato than a human. The worst thing are fight scenes where Suzu jumps in the middle of an army and it turns out there are Stormtroopers, or guys who cant even shoot. It was horrible as hell.

Characters may be the worst part beside the story
Okabe became superflat, mayushi is completly changed, they even managed to fuck up the platonic love beetwen them established in original. there is shitload of characters that did absolutely nothing, they just were there. Maho is quite ok-written. I like Leskinen also

Music is also bad, i prefered S;G music much more. It is kinda bad

4/10, i think it is still too high because of the attachment to S;G

What is your opinion?

Lol totally agree with you, music was bad, animation seemed little awkward and a suspense at the end of an episode which is literally nothing at next episode, the steins gate which is famous for thriller is not seen untill 18-19 episode. It seemed as if everything was put in order to get that satisfying conclusion. Dont know how it might turn out....

And that suzuha fighting scene was the stupidest thing ever done lol...Now at episode 21, i don't even remember Kagari is? (Due to improper character development)
AnkithadamSep 13, 2018 1:51 AM
Sep 12, 2018 9:59 PM

Sep 2013
Silverstorm92 said:

My rank:
S;G VN = S;G 0 VN: 100/10
S;G Anime: 10/10

Yeah, pretty much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2018 4:46 AM

May 2012
I personally don't see big difference between Steins;Gate 0 and original Steins;Gate. BOth are overrated

But I would not say that it is bad
Sep 13, 2018 5:07 AM

Sep 2018
xILukasIx said:
Silverstorm92 said:

That's such a weak argument to make.
You're only proving his point, the anime isn't a good adaptation if you need to check the source to make its flaws disappear.

Did you see my rank above? VN 10x better :) Maybe due to VN's extreme excellence then I didn't find any flaws in Anime lmao. I played VN before watching Anime
Sep 13, 2018 5:25 AM

May 2015
It's not much different from S;G. I'm saying it as someone who watched first season just right before the second, and the thing is S;G is not a masterpiece either. But it was a bit more entertaining at least.
Sep 13, 2018 6:24 AM

Apr 2015
xILukasIx said:
Silverstorm92 said:

You're only proving his point, the anime isn't a good adaptation if you need to check the source to make its flaws disappear.

Wtf was the flaws argument?
The VN had more flaws than the anime.
The anime is not bad, it just compliments the original anime.
Sep 13, 2018 7:24 AM

Sep 2018
Mohammadalmannai said:
xILukasIx said:

Wtf was the flaws argument?
The VN had more flaws than the anime.
The anime is not bad, it just compliments the original anime.

Nope S;G VN did not have any flaws, it's absolutely perfect but S;G 0 VN did. WF tried to fix some in S;G 0 anime but not good enough
Sep 13, 2018 7:30 AM

Feb 2016
Well if his complaint are the characters I don't think the VN would change his opinion. Faris specifically doesn't get any more developed to be honest, even with all the filler in the VN.
Sep 13, 2018 7:41 AM

Mar 2009
I don't think it's bad, but it's definitely disappointing compared to the original. The first episodes of Steins;Gate 0 held a lot of promise, but it didn't live up to my expectations.

I mean, isn't this supposed to be the story of the badass future Okabe from the original episode 23? You know, the one who gives present day Okabe a video call? He seemed so badass and cool there. I REALLY wanted to know his story, but he's basically just been mopey this entire series. Not much different from the original Okabe. I thought he was going to be more hard-edged and experienced.
Sep 13, 2018 8:59 AM
Apr 2016
Nurguburu said:
In spite of some bad actions scenes and that the twists are more predictable, is a good show.

That thats kinda where i am at to. Mixed bag. But overall its good. I convinced myself it was great at first. But reality checks and the high of wanting it to be amazing have faded. Tho the last two recent episodes are very good. It doesnt make up for some really mediocre ones leading upto them.
Sep 13, 2018 9:09 AM
Feb 2018
ah ill make my answer short

play the VN
Sep 13, 2018 9:23 AM

Feb 2016
Crowmance said:
ah ill make my answer short

play the VN

implying the VN is any better than the anime LUL
Sep 13, 2018 11:40 PM
Jul 2017
Mormegil said:
I don't think it's bad, but it's definitely disappointing compared to the original. The first episodes of Steins;Gate 0 held a lot of promise, but it didn't live up to my expectations.

I mean, isn't this supposed to be the story of the badass future Okabe from the original episode 23? You know, the one who gives present day Okabe a video call? He seemed so badass and cool there. I REALLY wanted to know his story, but he's basically just been mopey this entire series. Not much different from the original Okabe. I thought he was going to be more hard-edged and experienced.

Umm, this WAS the future Okabe's story who sent the video. He seemed to be badass and cool in the video is probably because he's older (like, 14 years+3000 time leaps older). Its like how Future Daru sounds more matured than Present Daru, at least for me.
Sep 14, 2018 1:47 AM
Jan 2015
Mormegil said:

umm , this mopey okabe was actually the process to become that badass Okabe
he can't become that badass from only a few episodes...even VN
Most of VN also show the process of how he finally decide to fight back ,although it's not dragged as anime . Hououin's kyouma revival did not take that long at VN ..
Sep 14, 2018 12:36 PM

Jan 2010
It's not amazing, but it isn't terrible either. Production quality could've been better yeah. And the first episodes were bit too slow. But it's still worth a watch.

Interesting how people drop it because the lack of Kurisu, time travels, and annoyed of depressed Rintaro. Everything happens for a reason
Sep 15, 2018 5:24 AM
Jul 2017
Production value isn't that bad tbh. I've seen way worse. It's barely above the standards. Depressed Okabe makes sense. All the episodes follows through with each aspect of the show. It's realistic. If you were in his shoes: having to sacrifice your loved one, attempt to save her and fail, killing her in the process, before-hand experiencing countless of failure to save someone... I could go on, you'd be extremely depressed as well. He had to suffer the pain from talking to an AI who is like Kurisu. Ep 8, having to sacrifice her again. Along the way came new characters which are basically add-ons noone really asked for but what came with are emotional and heavy moments. Losing Mayuri again and having to save her. There's enough material to justify why Okabe is "such a pussy" in SG0. In ep 20 and 21 the old Okabe came back which many asked for. The long buildup, some could argue it was way too long, made it that much better.

Another aspect that people dont like, no Kurisu. Well she's dead in this timeline which leads on to this story of him making the video to send back to himself so thats that.

Music. I actually thought the music in SG0 is better than SG. The OP and ED is ok. The inserts were great imo. I didn't really like the ed of SG, but the inserts were good as well. However, I find SG0's music better.

The thing I disliked about this series was how ignorant the characters were. They had all the peices of the puzzle to figure out Blondie over there was the mastermind but they were just too dumb to have it figured out. (Or maybe we just know cuz Professor Blondie is the only westerner in the series) But having to sit through episodes of them struggling, trying to find out the mastermind, then comes in episode 15 or 16 where they try to hit us with the shock factor scene of "OH, I WAS THE KILLWR YOU DUMBASSES". Like for fuck sakes, the first few couple episodes of the professor waking into a dead-end corridor and suddenly disappearing, probably already gave away to most of the audience that Blondie over there is the mastermind. BTW there was no reason (yet so far, still got 2 episodes to go but I doubt an explanation for that scene will come) for that scene to even be there. Then they hit us with the professor doing everyday shit normally, being this lovable character", when we already know this bitch is the cunt. They show us a flashback of a doctor tempering with Kagari's brain. Then proceeds to show a scene of the Professor having a rather suspicious conversation with one of the doctors in the hospital. And I, the one who could tolerate the clues from Erased, is saying this. Erased, wasn't even half as bad at hint giving as this.If they would've handled the clues to the mastermind better, this wouldve been a 10/10 series for me.

Btw roof scene was fucking retarded. Can you continue shooting please? Oh you're just gonna stand there and do nothing? And why tf cant you hit your shots. In SG, the first time Mayuri got killed, that was one of the greatest anime moments for me. Then comes this bullshit.

Overall though, this anime is still great imo. (Maybe due to attachment to SG, actually yes) This series is just compliment to the original series. Just a little "lets put this in there" thing. Having SG0 as part of the Steins Gate series just completes the series. SG up until ep 23, Missing Link, SG0, rest of SG, SG ova and SG movie to finish it up. SG0 ova might put something in there or not, like the other shorts series. Even with the annoying obvious villain, it's still great. I might just have a high tolerance for things cuz I tend to watch a lot of pure shit anime, but saying this anime is shit is putting it to the extreme. 9/10 imo.

I just spend 10 minutes of my life typing this. The fuck am I doing
Sep 15, 2018 5:30 AM
Jul 2017
Mormegil said:

Even in the VN, it took Okabe a long time to recover. He had to first recover from his depression and experience various bumps along the road to recover and mature into the video version. You can't expect someone who's depressed to make a fill turn-over and become badass. It's realistic.
Sep 19, 2018 2:00 AM

Mar 2009
I agree that it's realistic, and I'm not going to sit here and call him a pussy or anything like that(taking into consideration what he's gone through), but we spent almost the entirety of Steins;Gate 0 with Okabe like this, which honestly wasn't much different from the original; where, again, we spent a majority of time with a depressed Okabe. I'm just saying it could have been a little different this time around, or at least things could have changed sooner. In fact, Steins;Gate 0 took even longer to get started than the original.
Sep 19, 2018 4:51 AM

Apr 2018
I'm kinda upset after reading all what is post here.All of you are looking for kurisu,mad scientist and say that the sound is terrible.
Do you even watch the OG Steins;Gate?
Are you seriously looking for kurisu in S;G 0?
Are you seriously looking for Mad Scientist in S;G 0?
I know that we all know the reason why kurisu is not shown because she is dead and it's obvious that she will not be shown in the anime except in amadeus form.Mad Scientist is gone because remember that after making his resolution in abandoning kurisu and going to beta world line she was asked by suzuha to time travel with him and that results in knowing that he killed kurisu.
Now tell me if you are in the shoes of Okabe will you be jolly?
Will you still retain your chuunibyou shenanigans?
The answer is obviously no.
And the reason People are disappointed in S;G 0 is because they are looking at what OG Steins Gate makes a good anime in S;G 0.May I remind you all that this is S;G 0 not the OG S:G.
Yes I agree with you all that the action scene is bad
Yes I agree with you all that the animation is kinda bad
Yes I agree with you all that the music is kinda repetitive
But the story and the characters are still up to par in the OG S;G and we can clearly see that in episode 20 and 21(and i assume the 22 and 23) is and will have a good animation and music and in the future will redeem itself.So other than what I say at the above, I can't see why you call S;G 0 to be a terrible anime.

Sep 19, 2018 5:01 AM

Jul 2017
RIP Steins;Gate 0 :(
Sep 19, 2018 6:18 AM
Nov 2016
Hokkyoku-no said:
I'm kinda upset after reading all what is post here.All of you are looking for kurisu,mad scientist and say that the sound is terrible.
Do you even watch the OG Steins;Gate?
Are you seriously looking for kurisu in S;G 0?
Are you seriously looking for Mad Scientist in S;G 0?
I know that we all know the reason why kurisu is not shown because she is dead and it's obvious that she will not be shown in the anime except in amadeus form.Mad Scientist is gone because remember that after making his resolution in abandoning kurisu and going to beta world line she was asked by suzuha to time travel with him and that results in knowing that he killed kurisu.
Now tell me if you are in the shoes of Okabe will you be jolly?
Will you still retain your chuunibyou shenanigans?
The answer is obviously no.
And the reason People are disappointed in S;G 0 is because they are looking at what OG Steins Gate makes a good anime in S;G 0.May I remind you all that this is S;G 0 not the OG S:G.
Yes I agree with you all that the action scene is bad
Yes I agree with you all that the animation is kinda bad
Yes I agree with you all that the music is kinda repetitive
But the story and the characters are still up to par in the OG S;G and we can clearly see that in episode 20 and 21(and i assume the 22 and 23) is and will have a good animation and music and in the future will redeem itself.So other than what I say at the above, I can't see why you call S;G 0 to be a terrible anime.

Some people might be complaining about the reasons you posted but others don't, my complain is the slow pace from Steins;Gate 0 that didn't went anywhere for the majority of the show and in the last 4 episodes is where it started to get interesting (apart from episode 8 which was a masterpiece!). The OG Steins;Gate had a slow start but Steins;Gate 0 is even slower. The concept of Amadeus or A.I wasn't that good either, it was almost non-existent and Amadeus was just there to talk random crap with Okabe and Maho, there was no good story behind it. The OG Steins;Gate presented us with Thriller, Drama and Sci-Fi pretty early and kept us interested in it but in Steins;Gate 0 it was mostly Slice of Life with some cringy Drama. I barely felt any Thriller from this and to make matters worse, the dramatic moments like the raid scenes were utter crap and the bullshit that happened with Kagari made it even worse, having her decapitating people with her bare hands and tanking bullets like terminator was extremely retarded for an anime of this caliber. Seriously, I never expected to see that type of shit in Steins;Gate.

This anime also had plenty of filler characters which didn't bring anything good in it apart from Maho. Daru's wife was ok I guess... Fubuki was the character with potential with her semi-Reading Steiner ability, they teased us with it but in the end she wasn't used for anything either. Shit like this is what makes this anime inferior in every aspect compared to the OG Steins;Gate.

I won't call this anime shit, that's going way too far but this isn't a masterpiece either, this is just an average anime with a couple of memorable episodes.
xZabuzaxSep 19, 2018 6:38 AM
Sep 19, 2018 7:05 AM
Nov 2016
Katsugu said:
xZabuzax said:

Some people might be complaining about the reasons you posted but others don't, my complain is the slow pace from Steins;Gate 0 that didn't went anywhere for the majority of the show and in the last 4 episodes is where it started to get interesting (apart from episode 8 which was a masterpiece!). The OG Steins;Gate had a slow start but Steins;Gate 0 is even slower. The concept of Amadeus or A.I wasn't that good either, it was almost non-existent and Amadeus was just there to talk random crap with Okabe and Maho, there was no good story behind it. The OG Steins;Gate presented us with Thriller, Drama and Sci-Fi pretty early and kept us interested in it but in Steins;Gate 0 it was mostly Slice of Life with some cringy Drama. I barely felt any Thriller in this and to make matters worse, the dramatic moments like the raid scenes were utter crap and the bullshit that happened with Kagari made it even worse, having her decapitating people with her bare hands and tanking bullets like terminator was extremely retarded for an anime of this caliber. Seriously, I never expected to see that type of shit in Steins;Gate.

This anime also had plenty of filler characters which didn't bring anything good in it apart from Maho, Daru's wife was ok I guess... Fubuki was the character with potential with her semi-Reading Steiner ability, they teased us with it but in the end she wasn't used for anything either. Shit like this is what makes this anime inferior in every aspect compared to the OG Steins;Gate.

I won't call this anime shit, that's going way too far but this isn't a masterpiece either, this is just an average anime with a couple of memorable episodes.

AKA you hate the slice of life, what do you expect from a story about okabe's life literally, dude do you even know 0's plot?
no one really minds the slow start if he enjoyed it, It was really natural to see amadeus like this. in my side i enjoyed amadeus's random crap, its writing is really good for her condition in the story, the only point i agree with you that 0 didn't REALLY care about the side new characters Fubuki-Kaede-Reyes but still has some role in the story somehow, the plot isn't about them but still it would be better if we had more time with them, the Actual Plot and points of 0 started in episode 16, and it was introduced greatly, all the episodes besides ep 18 were so great
the real statements of 0 are
Fighting scene's logic in episode 17-18 were terrible
We needed more useful focusing on the other side characters
Some scenes could be better comparing how they were in the vn
The darkness of the anime could be much more, but mostly the director didn't want to add more darkness atmosphere as it was in the vn, basically for TV+ PG-13 purposes, but adding it would make the Slice of life more depressing and enjoyable.
Ending 2 literally
but all of these makes the anime most likely an 8, but if we get a perfect ending it could be a 9

I don't hate Slice of Life, I actually like that genre as long as it's good but in Steins;Gate 0 it wasn't good. There's plenty of better Slice of Life animes out there with a far lower score than Steins;Gate 0. The only reason this anime still has a high score is because the OG Steins;Gate was a success so this anime is mostly riding in the success of the OG. And I didn't find Amadeus writing good, it was pretty bad. I admit that the concept was actually good and it had potential but it never delivered, the random talking crap from Amadeus doesn't make the concept good.

This anime tried to get somewhere before but it never got anywhere, for me it actually started at episode 19, not 16. This basically started to get decent in the last couple of episodes, that's not enough to make an anime good. It will only make it average at best.
Sep 19, 2018 7:41 AM
Nov 2016
Katsugu said:
xZabuzax said:

I don't hate Slice of Life, I actually like that genre as long as it's good but in Steins;Gate 0 it wasn't good. There's plenty of better Slice of Life animes out there with a far lower score than Steins;Gate 0. The only reason this anime still has a high score is because the OG Steins;Gate was a success so this anime is mostly riding in the success of the OG. And I didn't find Amadeus writing good, it was pretty bad. I admit that the concept was actually good and it had potential but it never delivered, the random talking crap from Amadeus doesn't make the concept good.

This anime tried to get somewhere before but it never got anywhere, for me it actually started at episode 19, not 16. This basically started to get decent in the last couple of episodes, that's not enough to make an anime good. It will only make it average at best.

I enjoyed the Slice of Life of 0. Amadeus itself make the concept good, the random talking of her is just very natural to see, which means for sure it won't improve the concept. i agree that it had some idea, it was already delivered but didn't have the supposed focusing, so we missed it, because there's a chapter named Twin Automata in the vn, it has the ideas and goals, the anime adapted some important lines in it, but never focused on it so we felt like it didn't exist

The way I see it is like this: the OG Steins;Gate had a concept that was about "Time Travel" so the OG tried to use that concept early with experiments, trial and error, etc... and was mostly focusing in the time travel thing early, sure it also had Slice of Life in the beginning but the story revolved around that concept for the majority of the anime.

Now in Steins;Gate 0 the new concept was Amadeus and A.I which wasn't even used, Amadeus was just a cardboard character that was only there just to talk random crap, in the beginning it was ok but it got boring pretty fast. There was no real concept that was utilized good here, the story was all over the place trying to go somewhere but it never got there. It wasted too much time with random Slice of Life crap and in the last couple of episodes is where it really started. I don't find this acceptable for an anime of this caliber, I expected more from the Steins;Gate franchise.

I know that I can't compare this with the OG, it won't be fair but I expected more from this.
Sep 19, 2018 8:12 AM
Nov 2016
Katsugu said:
xZabuzax said:

The way I see it is like this: the OG Steins;Gate had a concept that was about "Time Travel" so the OG tried to use that concept early with experiments, trial and error, etc... and was mostly focusing in the time travel thing early, sure it also had Slice of Life in the beginning but the story revolved around that concept for the majority of the anime.

Now in Steins;Gate 0 the new concept was Amadeus and A.I which wasn't even used, Amadeus was just a cardboard character that was only there just to talk random crap, in the beginning it was ok but it got boring pretty fast. There was no real concept that was utilized good here, the story was all over the place trying to go somewhere but it never got there. It wasted too much time with random Slice of Life crap and in the last couple of episodes is where it really started. I don't find this acceptable for an anime of this caliber, I expected more from the Steins;Gate franchise.

I know that I can't compare this with the OG, it won't be fair but I expected more from this.

Actually Amadeus isn't the real concept, even in the vn, the concept here is the whole future of Beta and how it connects with the plot and how it makes okabe reaches Steins Gate's world line in the OG, so this thing has a lot of things to support it, one of them is Amadeus simply, what the anime really wants to reach is how okabe reaches SG WL as i said, so by this the anime focused on Okabe's thoughts and acts after the tragedy, until the re awake of Kyouma which leads us to the original Steins;Gate, we'll see how this works in the last episodes, what i meant here is Amadeus has no place in this concept except it just makes okabe suffer more and builds up the plot to reach 7/7 (the day of tanabata which is the plot of 0 exactly)

Yeah I know but this is where this anime failed IMHO so not only do I blame the anime and the director but I also blame the source material which apparently wasn't that good to begin with. This anime never really focused on anything in particular, Amadeus or A.I was a huge wasted potential here. IMHO It needed to be used somehow, trying to help Okabe or the other characters a way to reach Steins;Gate, having Fubuki doing something with her ability, having Okabe going back and forth between worldlines, this anime was in serious need of some good Thriller and Sci-Fi like that but we didn't have it till the end of the anime, what we had instead was a mediocre Slice of Life for the majority of the anime. It needed to focus on something but this anime only focused on a depressed Okabe doing nothing interesting, the other characters weren't doing nothing interesting either, nothing really happened here except for the last couple of episodes (and episode 8 which again, I consider a masterpiece!).
Sep 19, 2018 9:33 AM
Nov 2016
Katsugu said:
xZabuzax said:

Yeah I know but this is where this anime failed IMHO so not only do I blame the anime and the director but I also blame the source material which apparently wasn't that good to begin with. This anime never really focused on anything in particular, Amadeus or A.I was a huge wasted potential here. IMHO It needed to be used somehow, trying to help Okabe or the other characters a way to reach Steins;Gate, having Fubuki doing something with her ability, having Okabe going back and forth between worldlines, this anime was in serious need of some good Thriller and Sci-Fi like that but we didn't have it till the end of the anime, what we had instead was a mediocre Slice of Life for the majority of the anime. It needed to focus on something but this anime only focused on a depressed Okabe doing nothing interesting, the other characters weren't doing nothing interesting either, nothing really happened here except for the last couple of episodes (and episode 8 which again, I consider a masterpiece!).

Play the vn, i promise you that you'll enjoy it a lot, the anime didn't go anywhere wrong, but instead it adapted a lot of things greatly, but the wrong thing in it that some points needed to get more focusing and the director got a lot of chances to improve the anime, but he missed a lot of them, but also just btw episode 8 70% from it is Absolutely original from the director, alongside with a lot of great scenes in the anime which they weren't in the vn, imo if the anime was named Arc-light here we'll need the thrilling shit, because everything about how they reached SG WL was explained in it, but in 0 we got more info about it and the whole life of okabe, so the thrilling isn't needed in 0 until the events of arc-light, which is from the beginning of episode 16, Arc-light is Drama CDs to explain what happened in Beta in conclusion and released in 2010, 0 released to explain more how everything went like this, so it added more story to Arc-light, aka amadeus and Kagari's whole story, the anime currently is adapting Arc-light alongside with the way to the True Ending, which explains everything, so imo the slice of life was pretty good in the anime with the mystery of kagari was pretty good in the first episodes, i hope they won't mess it up, this is the last hope of the anime

Since I'm a Steins;Gate fan I will definitely play the VN after the anime finishes, I'm sure the director missed a lot of things there which will make me enjoy Steins;Gate 0 more but from the perspective of an anime-only viewer, the anime of Steins;Gate 0 is not cutting it. I noticed that the majority of the people that enjoy this anime are actually the ones that played the VN. My complains so far is about the anime, not the VN. Otherwise I would be complaining in the VN forum instead.

I know that episode 8 was mostly a filler episode but if a filler episode happens to be better than the rest of the episodes this anime offered so far then there is clearly something wrong with the actual story of this anime. Maybe the VN will improve this but again, from my perspective something went horribly wrong with the story so far. I know that a better director could have handled this better and would make me enjoy this anime even more so most of the blame goes for the director.

And about the Slice of Life thing, I didn't mind the Slice of Life this had in the beginning, it wasn't that bad there, what killed this show for me was extending that genre while having this anime going nowhere and seeing a depressed Okabe doing nothing interesting didn't help either but the real icing in the cake for me was the lack of Sci-Fi and crazy good plot twist that I enjoyed from the OG.

Hopefully I can enjoy this better in the VN.
Sep 19, 2018 9:50 AM

Feb 2016
xZabuzax said:

Don't get your hopes up, sad to say, but the VN suffers pretty much from the same faults, although in a slightly different form. Even if things are lacking here, the anime still did a great job at adapting the source material given it's complexity, and still managed to fix some fuck ups from there... At this point, I wish they went even further into adding original content as the best episodes were mostly anime original. Some episodes felt disjointed without the proper setup from the VN and with the changes to the story in the later part of the the anime they were left somehow unimportant.
Of course, there were other good scenes from the VN that didn't make it that could have explained more in depth some of the plot points, but still I don't feel like your opinion on the story would change much as it's fundamentally the same.
Sep 19, 2018 9:56 AM
Nov 2016
Aquamirror said:
xZabuzax said:

Don't get your hopes up, sad to say, but the VN suffers pretty much from the same faults, although in a slightly different form. Even if things are lacking here, the anime still did a great job at adapting the source material given it's complexity, and still managed to fix some fuck ups from there... At this point, I wish they went even further into adding original content as the best episodes were mostly anime original. Some episodes felt disjointed without the proper setup from the VN and with the changes to the story in the later part of the the anime they were left somehow unimportant.
Of course, there were other good scenes from the VN that didn't make it that could have explained more in depth some of the plot points, but still I don't feel like your opinion on the story would change much as it's fundamentally the same.

Crap... yeah I expected the VN to have issues as well because I see a lot of people complaining about the VN but actually praising the anime instead, this means that the anime and the VN have issues, the anime tried to fix a couple of things from the VN but it also left important stuff out.
Sep 19, 2018 2:03 PM

Feb 2016
Play the visual novel scrub
Sep 19, 2018 11:23 PM

Jul 2016
cropsini said:
Steins;Gate 0 is one of my biggest disappointments in my life.

What is your opinion?

Your life has been rather bland?
Sep 20, 2018 12:07 AM
Apr 2018
AniMEHLover said:

2/10 as of Ep. 21

I think episode 21 was actualy very good and it deservs at least 8/10 rating
Sep 20, 2018 2:51 AM

Mar 2018
Akattee99 said:
AniMEHLover said:

2/10 as of Ep. 21

I think episode 21 was actualy very good and it deservs at least 8/10 rating

Episode 1 is a solid 7/10 for me but there are episodes that I would rate 1/10 so 1 episode does not make up for 20 shitty, subpar-at-best episodes.
Sep 22, 2018 2:37 PM

Mar 2016
gswelcome said:
Only watched through ep 16 atm but yeah... disappointing is the word for it. Lack of Christina and, you know, time travel. Also seeing Okabe be depressed through the whole show isn't as fun as his mad scientist persona.

Totally what I feel about the show.

We had two geat character. We only have one now and the other is depressed and not fun.
Sep 22, 2018 4:54 PM

Oct 2012
To all people who complained no Kyouma and Kurisu, I suggest you to take a look at S;G 0's plot again lol.

While the anime isn't perfect, it's above average at least. Though not as good as the source material, it still manages to be decent at least. Sure, it isn't as great as the original, if you complain about the plot setting, pacing and what not, sure, it's anyone's game since everyone have different taste and preference but to complain it is bad JUST BECAUSE it doesn't have Kyouma and Kurisu/an emo Rintarou, I suggest you guys to open your eyes and read the plot. It is ridiculous to expect the same thing because in the first place, the whole plot is almost a 180 degree turn from the original.

That being said, I did enjoy the adaptation. Though not as much as the original but it did well enough for something that isn't easy to adapt(many VN adaptation ends up pretty damn shit because of the complexity of the medium).

So yea. Everyone is free to dislike something about the series but if your dislike is simply just because there's no Kyouma and Kurisu, then you have a problem there because it seems like you don't even understand what are you watching.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Sep 22, 2018 6:40 PM
Nov 2016
Jiharo said:
To all people who complained no Kyouma and Kurisu, I suggest you to take a look at S;G 0's plot again lol.

While the anime isn't perfect, it's above average at least. Though not as good as the source material, it still manages to be decent at least. Sure, it isn't as great as the original, if you complain about the plot setting, pacing and what not, sure, it's anyone's game since everyone have different taste and preference but to complain it is bad JUST BECAUSE it doesn't have Kyouma and Kurisu/an emo Rintarou, I suggest you guys to open your eyes and read the plot. It is ridiculous to expect the same thing because in the first place, the whole plot is almost a 180 degree turn from the original.

That being said, I did enjoy the adaptation. Though not as much as the original but it did well enough for something that isn't easy to adapt(many VN adaptation ends up pretty damn shit because of the complexity of the medium).

So yea. Everyone is free to dislike something about the series but if your dislike is simply just because there's no Kyouma and Kurisu, then you have a problem there because it seems like you don't even understand what are you watching.

Here we go again with that crap, I'm not even going to repeat what I just said because I repeated it a lot already but if you think that we are complaining ONLY because of the lack of Kurisu and Kyouma then you are mistaken.
Sep 22, 2018 9:30 PM

Oct 2012
xZabuzax said:
Jiharo said:

Here we go again with that crap, I'm not even going to repeat what I just said because I repeated it a lot already but if you think that we are complaining ONLY because of the lack of Kurisu and Kyouma then you are mistaken.

I'm seeing a few posts like that though. Also, if you feel that you aren't talking only about the above-mentioned 2 characters, then it doesn't apply to you. I'm mainly highlighting it to people who are saying it's bad because of such reasons explained above.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Sep 22, 2018 10:47 PM

Jun 2015
Visual novel is 10000x better.

Read it.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 23, 2018 12:32 AM

Mar 2008
I'd say my biggest issue with this show...is a constant feeling of wondering why it even exists. The whole point in the last few episodes appears to simply be setting up the original ending. This was a completely unnecessary side story that wasn't particularly interesting.

Thank you original series Mayuri for getting it right and not requiring this story to even happen. Not that this show had nothing good in it. Maho is pretty likable and it was kind of nice to see Daru hooking up with his future wife. But that's about it.

I can get behind the idea of a what-if scenario or that it makes sense how Okabe fell apart. But it's just not particularly interesting or enjoyable. You spend the whole show just waiting for this guy to pick his rear up and do something. Even if the show tries to tackle the issue, it's annoying watching him close his eyes and pretend a world war isn't coming! Kagari's whole existence isn't all that interesting either. It just felt like she showed up to waste time and slow down the story.

It was just disappointing. Some things are just better left alone. The original series worked and came together effectively. This one just feels unneeded. 23 episodes that could be summed down to "just re-watch the original show. You won't miss out on much."
Sep 23, 2018 1:54 AM

May 2016
FlareKnight said:

I can get behind the idea of a what-if scenario or that it makes sense how Okabe fell apart.

But 0 isn't a "what-if scenario". It shows what originally happened with Okabe.
-
Sep 23, 2018 9:07 AM

Mar 2017
SheevPalpatine said:
FlareKnight said:

I can get behind the idea of a what-if scenario or that it makes sense how Okabe fell apart.

But 0 isn't a "what-if scenario". It shows what originally happened with Okabe.
Yeah and the original skipped over it for a reason. It's not that interesting of a story imo. The original series was great on it's own. The sequel movie and this only hurt it. They we're all unnecessary and not good follow ups. The same thing happened with series like Psycho pass, great first season and ran it into ground with shitty sequels.
Brandon2149Sep 23, 2018 9:11 AM
Sep 23, 2018 6:36 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
It's because White Fox fell into the most common problem that basically every other anime based on a VN does: they try to put in a bit of everything from each route.

Literally all WF had to do was stick with one route but they just crammed in basically most of all the SoL shit from the routes which in turn just makes this in general seem like a big ass filler for most of it's run.

They honestly let me down tbh.
Sep 24, 2018 12:59 AM

Mar 2014
I share the same thoughts.
That being said, the VN also let me down, but I had fun with it.

The reason this one's bad is mostly due to the staff. S;G is already a successful franchise, so they thought that a good staff wasn't needed to make it sell.
Well, it just turned out like another bad SciAdv series adaptation.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.