Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (22) « First ... « 20 21 [22]
Apr 20, 2017 11:46 PM

Jul 2009
Man Archer was bastard, but he probably knows from experience how naive Shirou is trying to achieve. Kiritsugu already failed once, he should have known about that.

Amazing fight scenes either way!!!!
Apr 21, 2017 4:54 AM

Jul 2007
SomaHeir said:
Man Archer was bastard, but he probably knows from experience how naive Shirou is trying to achieve.

Shirou is very much aware of the impossibility of his goal so no he is not naive.
If anything Kiritsugu was the naive one for not understanding how pointless his goal is before it smacked him in the face.

Kiritsugu already failed once, he should have known about that.

First of all: Shirou has no idea of his father's history.
Second of all: Shirou and Kerry's ideals are completely and utterly different.
May 1, 2017 2:48 PM

Jun 2012
archer best character
May 10, 2017 8:06 PM

May 2013
Dat back slice from Archer was satisfactory huehuehue. #sorrynotsorry Shirou.
Jun 25, 2017 1:42 PM

Apr 2014
Oh my, so much better than FSN 2006, I remember how I disliked the fight in the Ryudou Temple then..
Jul 10, 2017 11:55 AM

Oct 2014
Lots of good stuff in this episode. Interesting to see Shirou reject the "sacrifice the few to save the many" idea of Archer, as that is very similar to Kiritsugu. Didn't expect Archer to attack him and Saber, after saving Shirou of his own volition. But Saber thinks "his heart is pure"... hmm. I see lots of development between of this in the future. Also wondering what those flashbacks of Archer were that Shirou briefly saw.

And there are two Assassin's, a real (big boob girl) and fake (samurai). That means we still haven't seen Rider.

Also wondering how much more Gilgamesh and Kirei we'll see this series, looking forwards to them playing some kind of role. Also to see how they've changed over the last ten years.

Time to keep watching and get those questions answered :D
Aug 7, 2017 9:41 PM
Jul 2017
Dude i get horny at the sight of Shiro getting sliced in the back. Bout damn time someone taught him a lesson! Not that it matters though, he still shamed Archer for not killing him. Boy do I hate Shiro with an intensity.
Sep 22, 2017 12:27 PM

Mar 2014
the plot armor was strong for everyone in this episode but I digress, the fights were very enjoyable to watch

lmao...Shirou I got news for you bro
Jan 23, 2018 4:10 AM

Jun 2016
Wanted to watch UBW for a long time now. The original Fate Stay Night is what got me back into Anime and Fate Zero is one of my all time favourites. So far I enjoy it a lot. Tohsaka Rin is easily best girl and my favourite character. Shirou is okay. He doesn't annoy me as much as he did in the 2006 version. I know, I know, it's not a remake, but so far it feels VERY similar, and from what I remember not that much about the story was changed from the 2006 version so far.

The fights are obviously the highlight and they all looked stunning up until now.
Feb 19, 2018 12:27 AM

Mar 2016
Wow rider finally shows up again, oh shit she's dead.
Looks like I need to watch Heaven's Feel.
Feb 28, 2018 4:58 AM
Feb 2017
Shirou was behaving like Tohsaka in this episode.

"I am the bone of my sword"

Sep 14, 2018 7:11 AM

Sep 2014
Battle scenes was A+. Haaa so satisfying to see ~

Nice sentimental moment between Shirou and Saber after the ED. The determination to finally get his ass up and running

Botato said:
WE GOT THE IDIOT TALK!
WE FUCKING GOT THE IDIOT TALK!

Indeed we had my friend, indeed we had
Sep 14, 2018 10:26 AM

Nov 2013
XiferVP said:

Nice sentimental moment between Shirou and Saber after the ED. The determination to finally get his ass up and running

Botato said:
WE GOT THE IDIOT TALK!
WE FUCKING GOT THE IDIOT TALK!

Did you just quote me on a thing I made 4 years ago?

Because I think you just quoted me on a thing I made 4 years ago

Still best part of this entire adaptation.
Sep 14, 2018 7:52 PM

Sep 2014
Botato said:
XiferVP said:

Did you just quote me on a thing I made 4 years ago?

Because I think you just quoted me on a thing I made 4 years ago

Still best part of this entire adaptation.

I did :) Just came back to watching anime these year so all the anime before I got saved up am currently watching

And yes, definitely the best part of this EP haha!
Nov 25, 2018 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Great action and engrish. The narrative committed suicide now that everyone can break rules in this war without consequence. Also, Shirou's plot armor activated again. How the fuck is this man still alive?
Jan 11, 2019 3:27 PM

Aug 2017
What a great episode. It seems that Archer is in the grey area.

Can I take a moment to say: How totally awesome is this?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 23, 2019 5:29 AM
Aug 2018
And now we also know that the "overseer" Kirei Kotomine from the church is useless in overseeing the holy grail war. Or he doesn't care about the "rules". (Apparently there are some, although the viewer was never told about them. Good for him that slaughtering innocent people isn't a rule, not that it would matter anyways.)

Archer says that Caster broke the rules by summoning Assassin herself.
Consequences for breaking the rules? None.
Jun 15, 2019 8:25 PM

Dec 2018
Shirou indeed is a douche in this episode for not giving appreciation to what Archer did.

Archer seems have gone through Shiro's ideal and he hated that ideal. Probably he lied about his dreams being fulfilled or maybe he's dream was a bad one.

Shirou would hate his father had he known his father's ideal.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 22, 2019 11:04 AM

Dec 2014
well that became intense all of a sudden
Jan 4, 2020 10:47 AM

Aug 2017
Woot woot!

Saber vs assassin. Epic but too short of a fight. The Assassin almost revealed Saber's true sword. Too bad, she dodged it tho.

Archer is badass. His finisher attack blew caster away by sheer force. That's what I call a true sniper.

And Shirou getting sliced by Archer.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

I love it.

Shirou just die man. You're utterly useless and a whiny bitch.

Feb 14, 2020 7:58 PM

Apr 2009
Why archer hates Shiro that much?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2020 5:33 AM
Sep 2019
ezaya said:

Why shouldn't he? xD
Oct 28, 2020 3:19 PM
Oct 2020
ezaya said:

After you finish the series it's pretty obvious lol
Nov 1, 2020 2:25 PM

Jan 2017
Wow, who knew archer could be such a dick.

Sasaki kojiro is already becoming my favorite character of this season. I really hope he doesn't die too soon.
Nov 24, 2020 1:16 AM

Aug 2019
I wonder how this will impact Archer and Rin’s relationship
Dec 5, 2020 6:55 AM

Oct 2020
Am I the only one who gets annoyed at how all the heroic spirits so far (and masters) are so quick to dismiss a chance to eliminate their opponent? I get it how they're great warriors of the past and have a great sense of honor, but this is a battle royal. Just eliminate your opponent when you have the chance and don't call it a draw.
Dec 19, 2020 1:29 PM

Apr 2018
Damn, the action scene are so damn good.

To be honest, I didn't expect Archer to want to cut him down Shirou right there even if their ideas are different cause technically they are in a truce.
Jul 28, 2021 10:09 PM
Jul 2021
Good battle scenes as usual from this show. I really liked the battle between Saber and the Assassin as well. Also, I hate that no one has died yet, we're halfway through this season and still no one has died in this war.

Archer's reasoning is ok. He and Saber could defeat Caster, but it would be nicer to let Caster defeat Berserker first.
Oct 22, 2021 10:26 AM
Aug 2017
unlimited budget works
Jan 23, 2022 2:02 PM
Jul 2017
ok the series is cool but i'm getting annoyed at how they never kill anyone off, in every single battle they just let the enemy escape, this is lame
Jun 14, 2022 9:20 PM
May 2021
Fate unlimited plot armours works.
Jun 17, 2022 3:58 PM
Nov 2020
wtf did archer do that and I know shirou acting like a bitch but compared to 2006 his a miracle of a character and is way way wayyyyyyy cooler
Sep 30, 2022 6:48 PM

Aug 2019
This episode was awesome! I can't wait to see a bit more of Assassin and Caster :D I will admit though, I think it's stupid that Archer didn't finish off Caster. Like it would've been an easy kill and yeah it does annoy me but oh well? At least I get to see more of them before they probably get wrecked
Mar 2, 2023 2:09 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I AM THE BONE OF MY SWORD

Caster had the advantage in this fight in every way, and yet Archer still solo's her. It's because Caster doesn't have a one-liner like I AM THE BONE OF MY SWORD

Speaking of Caster, I totally forgot that SHE was this Assassin's master. I guess that was always a thing, a possibility available to all servants. It breaks the "rules" apparently, but do "rules" really matter when freaking Kirei is the mediator for this war lol? So not counting Kirei and Gilgamesh who are not officially a part of this war, and Caster who wasn't SUPPOSED to summon a servant for herself, are there only 6 masters in this UBW route, instead of the proper 7? What about the "real" Assassin? Was Caster one of the first summoned, and in turn summoned an Assassin before a real one could be summoned?? HUH??? Dang, so I guess it really is only Rin, Shirou, Ilya,

Anyway, I love Shirou man. Dude literally almost got blasted into oblivion, but still yells at Archer let him go because apparently "he can handle it himself". AFIAJSDFOIASOAIFASFSH. And I get that their baka-idiot exchange was supposed to be funny, but you gotta think: what reason does Shirou have to call Archer an idiot? All Archer does is save his ass. Shirou says that Archer nearly killed him and Saber when fighting Berserker, but he literally quite SAVED them from Berseker then. I get that

I'm on Shirou's side though when he argues with Archer about killing Caster. Archer should've just try and end Caster right then and there. "She would've escape even if I struck her down"?? She wasn't able to dodge his bone of my sword attack when she was at full power. How tf is she going to escape when she's lying helpless and bleeding on the ground? Oh right, because the script says she can. Archer here is just making an excuse to let her go so we can have more fights in the future, because none of these fights are meaningful, so we gotta have as many of them as possible to satisfy the audience and not let them use the "not enough action" card against them. And plus, you'd save all those people put under Caster's spell. Oh but you gotta use Caster to get strong and defeat Berserker? What makes you think she won't use YOU GUYS to defeat Berserker? She has already shown herself trying to take Shirou's command spells. There's no telling if she will kidnap Rin as well and take HER command spells and thus control Archer. When you're in the moment of watching, it's all fine. But with just a little thinking, it just makes no sense. Archer literally says that if Caster wins, the damage would be catastrophic. So why'd you let her freaking go then man, what would be sacrificing all those people which would just make her stronger do in turn then, they'll just be making her stronger, and thus making her more likely to win. Is it for the thing he mentioned earlier, that only she could defeat Berserker? Does he think Berserker's master would make an even worse wish than Caster's, who is breaking rules and letting innocent people die? F*ck me man. Archer says that it's best to kill the master, but why not just kill Caster right then and there and take the master out of the war? Is it because he fears Caster's master entering a future war and thus having it all been for naught? Archer is almost Kiritsugu's spitting image, sacrificing people for the greater good. Idk man, I still think ending Caster would already be enough for the greater good. Find some other way to take down Berserker.

We get somewhat of plot twist at the end as Archer tries(?) to kill Shirou. Now I forget what happens at the end of this, and what Archer's true intentions were, but man, what would happen if he actually DID kill Shirou? Was he really trying to end him? Well if he was, he sure has done as sloppy as a job as Lancer and Rider. Archer swings at Shirou to chop his head off, but misses, literally because Shirou, trips. SCRIPT WRITING 101

Well it's a good thing Assassin turned out to be quite honourable, or maybe he was just looking for a really good fight. Because otherwise, Shirou and Saber would've gone bye bye. I like how we see more of that King of Knights-Saber that we know from fate zero, instead of the waifu version she mostly is here in fate stay night. 

You know, I am actually really curious now as to what happened in the first 3 holy grail wars. We know what happens in the 4th one, which is Fate Zero. But the first 3, what the heck kind of wishes were made there, if the grail really could grant ANYTHING? Was it really fortunate that it was one by just, honourable people, and thus the world is not on fire? Or is

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 12, 2023 6:58 PM
Jul 2023
This episode makes me a bit confused on the goals and stuff of some of the characters, but otherwise there were 3 awesome fights.
- Saber vs Assassin was amazing like last time. No 10 minute charge up for excalibur, in fact, no excalibur at all. I like it.
- Caster's true magic looks so cool in this.
- Lol Archer really just drop kicked Shirou to safety
- The dynamic between Saber and Assassin is very similar to her relationship with Lancer in Zero
- "You two a very similar" "You will be as skilled as him in time" LMAO
- Heres where it gets confusing, why did Archer let her go?
- Why did Archer hurt Shirou?
- Assassin protects Shirou and Saber, how cute
- The 5 second fight between Archer and Assassin was so very satisfying
Dec 1, 2023 7:13 PM

Nov 2023
Damn what a very nice fight ing episode
Pages (22) « First ... « 20 21 [22]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.