Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 16, 2018 2:29 PM
Aug 2017
Steins;Gate is not an action series. They shouldnt even try. It does not work at all. I mean, how did she decapitate these two guys? Its not well directed and choreographed at all. And stupid. And how many times does Kagari have to die? That was much too long and too often. I didnt like her in the first place, so i would have been fine with one quick scene.
Such an action scene does not work if you know because of the Time Line that most of them wont die. Thats why the end of last weeks ep was cheap.

I dont wanna hate this series. Ep 16 was so f**king great. But its just such a mixed bag. There are so many boring clichee episodes and this weeks was stupid. It cant get an higher score than an 8 right now. If it manages too keep that. Compare that to the masterpiece of the first season...
Aug 16, 2018 2:38 PM

May 2012
This episode is by far the best one in stien;gate 0 so far.
Aug 16, 2018 3:00 PM
Nov 2016
thepath said:
This episode is by far the best one in stien;gate 0 so far.

Oh boy... Kenichi Kawamura, is that you? lol
Aug 16, 2018 3:18 PM

Aug 2018
The entire season made me confused and weirded out rather than intrigued and glued to the screen like Season 1.
Idk, it just doesn't click as well, it feels convoluted and misdirected. And it lacks all groundedness the first season had, Suzu taking on 20 dudes with M16s without receiving ONE fatal hit? Yeh sure.

The professor speech was also cheesy as hell and I always knew he was a scheming fuck, given his nasty eyes and perplexing stare.

Felt zero emotion throughout except "WTF is going on right now?". Definitely not a worthy successor to Season 1 in my book. Feel free to rip me apart tho. :D
Aug 16, 2018 3:59 PM

Dec 2013
The_Undying said:
The entire season made me confused and weirded out rather than intrigued and glued to the screen like Season 1.
Idk, it just doesn't click as well, it feels convoluted and misdirected. And it lacks all groundedness the first season had, Suzu taking on 20 dudes with M16s without receiving ONE fatal hit? Yeh sure.

The professor speech was also cheesy as hell and I always knew he was a scheming fuck, given his nasty eyes and perplexing stare.

Felt zero emotion throughout except "WTF is going on right now?". Definitely not a worthy successor to Season 1 in my book. Feel free to rip me apart tho. :D

Original directors were replaced by a literally who talentless director for whatever reason. Basically just read the VN if you want the proper version.
Aug 16, 2018 4:02 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Just realized that this episode had 8 animation directors. The more, the worse. More conflicts in production and signs that this episode was behind schedule and needed extra support. Normally, S;G 0 episodes have 1-2 animation directors, but this... jeez, must've been a disaster of a production.
Aug 16, 2018 4:28 PM

Mar 2012
This is just so bad…. The plot is more needlessly convoluted than intriguing , the pacing all over the place and the new characters are so underdeveloped and uninteresting that I can’t feel anything for them.
The professor is just a cliché nobody comic book villain and Kagari is so uninteresting and underdeveloped that you simply don’t care about her or her death. Her “fight” with the soldiers was an insult to the eyes and her death or rather her multiple deaths were handled so badly that it came across as more comical than sad.
At least the original steins gate remains good.
Aug 16, 2018 4:36 PM

Dec 2016
When I saw the professor, I knew something was wrong. That punch from Suzaha at the end was really satisfying though. Can anyone explain why people are saying that the VN's are now better?
Aug 16, 2018 5:51 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was some heavy episode! I would’ve seriously wept my eyes out if I were to watch this in my room alone and not in school.

Kagari’s lone assault was admirable and super badass. Coupled with that, the fluidy animation made it all the more spectacular to watch. But it sure was depressing to see her pass away like that. Mayuri and Suzuha finally got to get on the time machine but then the demise struck. I’m curious to see how Okarin will respond to this now.

Mayuri’s message with that sad soundtrack was just brilliantly thought out, but depressing all the more. 4/5 to this Episode, as it felt rushed in a way. Looking forward to the next epsiode.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 16, 2018 7:57 PM
Aug 2018
foreverblu said:
Can someone explain to me the Professor's reasoning for going back in time? He mentioned something about going to the past and faking the destruction but what does that mean? Also why did Mayushii reverse what she said last episode on loving Kyouma more than Rintaro?

not returning to past, but the future him, using the present him to steal the time machine before being destroyed (like what happened in the end of the ep.){if you remember, it's like what Rinrato did in the Steins;Gate to achieve Steins Gate, to fake Kurisu's death, and to make his past self believe that Kurisu is dead} and using it to travel to the past and to make a fuqqin paradox
Aug 16, 2018 8:07 PM

Jan 2016
Wait... Did they both die...? There are two possible ways to interpret this, one good and the other bad...

There are 5 episodes left. Either it changes the subject or we get surprises :O
THANKS SENPIEX
Aug 16, 2018 8:23 PM

Jul 2015
I liked this episode but couldn't understand who were the ones attacked leisken's troops.Darpa?The research center???

Aug 16, 2018 8:30 PM

Mar 2016
I understand this is also an adaption from a visual novel, as is the original, but Jesus did it take awhile to pick up...
And now that it has I can't say I'm really surprised, fooled, or understanding what I could do to provoke the latter...
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Aug 17, 2018 12:05 AM

Mar 2018
Daru: 'wait! don't kill him so he can make an epic comeback later! also you'll become evil if you kill the boss. fuck the 20 soldiers you killed who were just following orders.'
Aug 17, 2018 2:06 AM
Jun 2015
They are breaking my little kokoro in pieces jajajajaj Now seriously, this episode has been for me shoking. The end is the most beautiful demostration of sincere love to someone, Mayuri risking herself to save Okabe's happiness; but also sad... All the sacrifice that Okabe did to save her, losing Kurisu, is a feeling I can't imagine... But they did the same thing for the other, put their happiness above themselfs.
Aug 17, 2018 2:24 AM

Feb 2016
I’m fucking crying...
Aug 17, 2018 6:40 AM
Aug 2018
OMG the episode was wonderful , i cant believe that Leskinen Alexis was behind all the time machine issue , i thought he is a gentelman but now he is just a jerk , im so sad how mayushi left okabe but i know she wanna do the right things and how she loves Hououin Kyouma . the epiosde 10/10 as always , i hope everything will be okay
Aug 17, 2018 9:06 AM

Apr 2017
The fight scenes really make me stop watching this series since they are part of it. Also the story is much simpler than the OG. The characters lost their charisma and this turned to be a harem for the firts episodes.
The twists were obvious and I couldn't care less about the characters since we already know how they end...
So for me the series is really being a ZERO out of ten. Ha. You get it... ZERO like S;G 0
Aug 17, 2018 6:02 PM

Oct 2017
Am i watching Matrix? Can Kagari stop bullets too?Is she the one?
Overall 5/5 ep.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Aug 17, 2018 6:45 PM

Jun 2009
Kagari chopping the heads off with her bare hands... Oh and I wish Suzuha just killed Leskinen, way less problems if he's dead.

BulletKing said:
I am so angry and confused at how they handled that... I don't really want to spend what free time I have to rant on this but the way they wrote this was plain horrible and put more holes in the plot theta it already had. Was that there version of the bad ending we had to get like way long ago?

Major spoiler

Can you spoil me a bit more?
Aug 17, 2018 7:14 PM

Jan 2012
PerlaNemesis said:
Can you spoil me a bit more?

Better ignore that stuff. The VN spans across multiple worldlines and the anime is its own new worldline.
Also there are major differences between each including the characters.

Its a bad idea to dive deeper into this as it will be just confusing and might spoiler major VN plotpoints. Also some things might still get adapted, at least that one wont. So just be careful till the anime ends, or better read the VN to make your own picture.

Just to give you an short answer though:
sanleiAug 17, 2018 8:57 PM
Aug 17, 2018 11:22 PM

Mar 2014
Wow, this is a new kind of bad.
It was terrible in so many ways. So many things wrong with it... It has become a mess even bigger than the vn.
Aug 18, 2018 12:36 AM

Aug 2015
You're not an action anime, so stop trying to be one.. XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Aug 18, 2018 3:38 AM
Sep 2017
Such a dumb episode, it disgraced any little dignity the series had left. I don't feel bad for any of these characters because their actions have been nonsensical through the entire run.

The worst one is definitely Okabe. He has the experience of dozens of world lines and yet he refuses to put any of that knowledge to good use. All he's done for 18 episodes is quiver as he cries for Mayushii, like a little biatch. Hashida ain't much better either. Utterly retarded both of them.

I hate to be the guy who says "it's not realistic" considering it is a Sci-Fi show, but the sci-fi aspect is the time travel alone. There's absolutely no reason for these characters to behave like this considering what they've been through and what they know. OK I'm done ranting.
Aug 18, 2018 6:10 AM

Jan 2012
BulletKing said:
@sanlei Honestly you're literally just confusing people by saying the chapter names lmao. At least try to explain to anime only watchers in a simple manner. Simple is better. I've had people pm'ing me asking wtf you're on about on Vega & Altair and the other shortened terms lol.

@PerlaNemesis

They dont need to understand the chapter names/acronyms to understand that those are distinct characters. Its easier to tell characters apart by their route/chapter names instead of using something like this:
1.129954β/1.129848β Kagari (=VN VA Kagari)
1.064750β/1.053649β/1.055821β Kagari (=VN PR Kagari)
1.097302β (=Anime Kagari)
That only focuses on Kagari.

And then we also have 1.130205β from Arclight which also includes:
1.129848β The Arc of Light of Infinity Drama Cd
1.130212β The Arc of Light of Infinity Drama Cd
1.130211β The Arc of Light of Infinity Drama Cd
1.130209β The Arc of Light of Infinity Drama Cd
1.130208β The Arc of Light of Infinity Drama Cd
1.130206β The Arc of Light of Infinity Drama Cd
1.130205β The Arc of Light of Infinity Drama Cd
... etc.

You should start to view it as a complement instead of an adaption. Im not discounting how great the VN is, by defending the anime route lol.

Its just more interesting for me and i love seeing Arclight which is far better than what we got in the VN. I prefer the anime version of V&A, aside from smaller issues like the straight up copied Amadeus messages without the context why it adresses Okabe, they overrushed that bit without appropriate changes for example, just by hinting at it in 16 for whatever reason. Im hyped for MWC which wont be just a short scene alone thanks to Arclight.

I also suggested myself to go read the VN instead of reading our explanations as you are also including further spoilers for the VN, while i tried to keep it more vague by just saying "different purpose/different character traits" in the context of the anime rather than explaining how and why different it is. I also have the feeling the anime will touch on something you spoiled.
sanleiAug 18, 2018 6:21 AM
Aug 18, 2018 6:16 AM

Aug 2017
That CGI helicopter stood out like a sore thumb though XD
Aug 18, 2018 8:01 AM

Mar 2017
Well, I don't read the VN so Idk how they handled this part, but the screenwriting of today's episode was... quite disappointing. I get the point they're trying to tell, but damn how I wish they had tweaked the package a little bit more...

Cause, such a waste of good talents! Those VAs, damn! Some of the best out there. Top notch. Swell.

One-two animation "mehs" here and there is fine for me, if one could even it out by good writing (?)

GoldenDevilGamer said:
Just realized that this episode had 8 animation directors. The more, the worse. More conflicts in production and signs that this episode was behind schedule and needed extra support. Normally, S;G 0 episodes have 1-2 animation directors, but this... jeez, must've been a disaster of a production.

Can you link where you get these info pls?

Aug 18, 2018 9:30 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
nilagoreng said:
Well, I don't read the VN so Idk how they handled this part, but the screenwriting of today's episode was... quite disappointing. I get the point they're trying to tell, but damn how I wish they had tweaked the package a little bit more...

Cause, such a waste of good talents! Those VAs, damn! Some of the best out there. Top notch. Swell.

One-two animation "mehs" here and there is fine for me, if one could even it out by good writing (?)

GoldenDevilGamer said:

Can you link where you get these info pls?

Well, episode staff members are always listed in the ED of each episode. But info on it can be found on the Japanese wiki page here
Aug 18, 2018 1:47 PM

Nov 2017
Huge episode!
There is a lot of action and revelation!
Aug 18, 2018 5:04 PM

Jun 2013
This was a bunch of shit. I respect even more the original show.
Aug 19, 2018 8:16 AM

Apr 2008
Truth be told, I think Daru is getting undeserved criticism here and I don’t think that Daru is wrong or that there is anything wrong with his morals.

Daru wanting to stop Suzuha was not a problem. The problem is that they should have tied or cuffed Leskinen so as not to give him the chance for any comeback. If nothing like this was possible Suzuha, for example, could have broken Leskinen’s arm to make sure his not going to cause any problems.

There was a wide range of possibilities that the characters may have done to stop Leskinen other than killing him, but did not.
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Aug 19, 2018 1:03 PM

May 2015
RIP Kagari. You wont be missed.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 19, 2018 2:40 PM
Apr 2017
I didn't understand the message that Mayuri sent to Okabe at the end of the episode knowing that she died with Suzuha. How could that happened if she was supposed to be dead?
JabalideRepeAug 19, 2018 2:44 PM
Aug 19, 2018 2:56 PM
Nov 2016
JabalideRepe said:
I didn't understand the message that Mayuri sent to Okabe at the end of the episode knowing that she died with Suzuha. How could that happened if she was supposed to be dead?

That message is actually from episode 17, she wrote that to Okabe on her way to see Suzuha before going to the past in the time machine but since the carriers were out there was no signal in the phone and because of that the message arrived late. So she wrote that in episode 17 and at the end of episode 18 the phone signal started working again and the message was finally received.

Still, it was a goddamn shitty episode.
Aug 19, 2018 3:01 PM
Apr 2017
xZabuzax said:
JabalideRepe said:

That message is actually from episode 17, she wrote that to Okabe on her way to see Suzuha before going to the past in the time machine but since the carriers was out there was no signal in the phone and because of that the message arrived late. So she wrote that in episode 17 and at the end of episode 18 the phone signal started working again and the message was finally received.

Still, it was a goddamn shitty episode.

I thought about that possibility but I wasn't sure 100%. But thank you for your explanation.
Aug 20, 2018 1:54 AM

Jan 2013
Honestly, this is just too boring. I don't know how I've been watching this painfully terrible protagonist Rintaro has transformed to. It's been 18 episodes and he's still so irritating to watch.

This sequel should have never happened, it's made things all the more confusing. The animation this episode felt like watching a slideshow in PP
Aug 20, 2018 7:31 PM

Jan 2012
BulletKing said:
They don't need to understand the chapter names I agree but adding them there just makes it more confusing for people. You literally could just say this was the Kagari of this other world line, or the Mayuri of this world line, etc... I know you mean well but I'm just giving my two cents lol. I do view it as a complement to the vn of course, as I do with most vns understanding that it's hard to actually make an adaptation of long ones but can't help but get disappointed because if anyone could pull it of you'd think it would've been whitefox. :

and he asked to be spoiled so I don't see the problem in telling them in with a spoiler button. xD The adaptations do make me want to replay the games but I've been too busy lately which is kinda sad. ;-;

Guess a disclaimer would help to not make them confused, so yeah will add it when talking about differences vaguely.

Dunno, i feel like too many are thinking its as close as original S;G, which was a rather linear story anyway via its hub and omitted smaller endings, so they dont think that small changes in the worldlines could make such a difference in the overall story of 0 and therefore not realize what kind of spoiler they ask for. Again im sure the next 5 episodes will differ more, so i wouldnt be sure what counts as a VN spoiler at this point. I dont understand certain changes yet either:

You could try to replay smaller bits alongside the anime. But yeah i know that feeling. I thought of replaying the original S;G, but meh i hate the old choices system and its too time-consuming. Also more fun to reread 0 alongside the anime in smaller doses to see how they do adapt things in this new worldline.

Doesnt help that elite is on the way too. Thought of rewatching the original S;G anime alongside 0, but i just dont like the original S;G anime as much. It was great the first time, especially before reading the VN, but all the interesting bits that arent in the memory are in the VN. So i just find the original anime boring aside from comparing parts that will be referenced in 0 anime. Oh well waiting for elite xD
sanleiAug 20, 2018 8:15 PM
Aug 20, 2018 10:02 PM

Nov 2013
Since Kagari came from the future , is she gone for good?
Leskinen was super predictable , but I wonder if that was the woman professor that got killed by Kagari last episode . I feel like more roles will surface soon
Aug 22, 2018 3:52 PM

Nov 2015
The best episode so far
Aug 22, 2018 3:52 PM

Nov 2015
The best episode so far
Aug 23, 2018 6:35 AM

Jan 2015
Was anyone actually surprised Leskinen was a bad guy?
Aug 23, 2018 10:30 PM
Aug 2018
this episode was so dumb and cliche, c'mon this series is listed as almost a 10, why?
Aug 25, 2018 4:11 PM
Jul 2013
The first half was fine, but eh other half was terrible. The voice acting is so bad it makes me want to stop watching this anime.
Why can't they choose a good actors for god sake?!? Why do I have to hear such a terrible voice acting in such a high-potential anime.
Also this episode had a really bad plot, I can't believe they made it so terrible...
2/5.
Aug 27, 2018 7:14 AM

May 2013
That was really bad
Please go play the VN and stop watching this
As for this episode it'll deserve a 1/5
Disappointed ...

Aug 29, 2018 2:36 AM

May 2018
Amazing, just amazing....

666/5
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Aug 29, 2018 3:48 AM
Apr 2016
matan7890 said:
The first half was fine, but eh other half was terrible. The voice acting is so bad it makes me want to stop watching this anime.
Why can't they choose a good actors for god sake?!? Why do I have to hear such a terrible voice acting in such a high-potential anime.
Also this episode had a really bad plot, I can't believe they made it so terrible...
2/5.

what the voice acting is really good it s the only good part of the first season that stayed in steins gate 0.

Look at the voice actors they are the best and the same than in the first season. it s harder to voice characters with no facial expressions though ^^'
Sep 2, 2018 2:09 PM
Jul 2013
[quote=Franck_Nicolas message=55572712]
matan7890 said:
2/5.

what the voice acting is really good it s the only good part of the first season that stayed in steins gate 0.

Franck_Nicolas said:
matan7890 said:
2/5.

Look at the voice actors they are the best and the same than in the first season. it s harder to voice characters with no facial expressions though ^^'

I don't know, I've got the feeling that the voice actors in this episode (and in the series overall) are always "trying too hard" to express feelings which makes the voice sounds like whining and not a real cry, fear, angry or any other emotion they try to express.
I've got this feeling many times in this anime and in this episode especially..
Sep 3, 2018 10:19 PM
May 2017
Hmm, very emotional episode but it didn't make me feel much. And that's coming from someone who often tears up from emotional scenes in anime.

Animation was pretty ugly at times, especially the far-away shots of the characters. The scene with Okabe and the professor in the stairwell particularly irked me when the same poorly-animated shot was cut to, like, three times.

Speaking of the professor, he seemed suspicious from the beginning so his reveal as the bad guy didn't come as a shock. His long speech explaining his motives while evil-laughing was really cliché and just a step down from what I'd expect from the Steins;Gate series.

So basically everyone else's gripes with this episode are also my gripes.
Sep 5, 2018 6:52 AM

Mar 2018
I find Kagari being that OP bullshit (well her character is bullshit too so...) and she died. One of the most anti-climatic deaths I have ever seen and the twist that Leskinen was the villain was just forced since he's kinda irreleveant to the story.

0.5/5 episode

Sep 5, 2018 6:55 PM

Mar 2008
terrible animation, super cheesy episode/lines.. and generally just not good.
Disappointing.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.