Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2018 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Feels like they're seting up the final episodes with this week's episode.

More Sebas please? On the other hand, I'm glad to see more of Ainz's other characters getting more screen time this week and seeing their next move in general. Renner is still showing hints of her real psychotic personality and damn, it's getting more and more disturbing.
Mar 13, 2018 7:53 AM

Oct 2017
Da hell the first Ainz iss pandora's actor? Lol, and the second one is the real ainz.. and then i really love it the scene when Ainz tryin to remember his past with ulbert and touch me
ZesshhiMar 13, 2018 8:01 AM
Mar 13, 2018 8:14 AM

Apr 2013
Took a while for the subbed episode to come out but it's finally here! Hype for the next few episodes.

Amazing voice acting by Tsuare and Ainz.

Hard to choose which gif and stitch i wanted to post here~

Overlord II - 10 Yandere Renner v1
duderusMar 13, 2018 9:10 AM

Mar 13, 2018 8:16 AM
Jul 2016
i can already hear the overlord haters saying “NOT ENOUGH AINZ WE WANT MORE AINZ. OVERLORD II IS A JOKE AND SO AM I”

but i’m glad we got more ainz screentime this episode and we’ll get even more in the last few episodes. still waiting for sebas vs six arms to be animated. and omg demiurge holding victim like that is adorable xD
Mar 13, 2018 8:37 AM
May 2016
Sebas is dat Man ! , also Tsuare is Ninyas sister <3

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonMar 13, 2018 11:29 PM
Mar 13, 2018 8:45 AM
Nov 2017
Something tells me Princess Renner and Demiurge would get along great considering they both like chaining up and owning people lol
Mar 13, 2018 8:52 AM

Dec 2014
That was a good episode.

Glad to see that Ainz decided to take Tsuare under his protection. It's nice that he decided to take her in over a debt that feels obliged to pay back since Tsuare's sister Ninya helped him out.

The princess is quite the wild one when she takes of her mask. xD

Tsuare kidnapped. :(
What did Albedo mean at the end when she said this is ridiculous?
Mar 13, 2018 8:53 AM
May 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
That was a good episode.

Glad to see that Ainz decided to take Tsuare under his protection. It's nice that he decided to take her in over a debt that feels obliged to pay back since Tsuare's sister Ninya helped him out.

Albedo does not like that Momonga changed his Name to Ains >.> He changed her settings that she loves Momonga thats why she is a bit upset about this , and has The * Momonga Flag* in her Room
Mar 13, 2018 9:07 AM

Dec 2014
Tamikus said:
Lelouch0202 said:
That was a good episode.

Albedo does not like that Momonga changed his Name to Ains >.> He changed her settings that she loves Momonga thats why she is a bit upset about this , and has The * Momonga Flag* in her Room

Oh that's what it is, I thought it might've been something entirely different.
Mar 13, 2018 9:08 AM

Jan 2018
I guess we will see a rescue mission next episode.
Mar 13, 2018 9:08 AM

Jan 2009
Man if only those guys knew how badly they fucked up by kidnapping Tsuare
Lelouch0202 said:
That was a good episode.

It's probably about the fact that Momonga changed his name to Ainz Ooal Gown and AOG was originally the name of the guild. So she probably just doesn't like the name, 'cus it also refers to the other supreme beings that "abandoned" them

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Mar 13, 2018 9:10 AM

Dec 2016
Tamikus said:

sankyuuu Tamikus <3 i was wondering the same so i came here hoping someone could explain that, now albedo's reaction makes sense.

Mar 13, 2018 9:13 AM

Dec 2017
this episode really went by very fast, i really enjoyed the first half because the Nazarick gang is once again gathered up. i kinda fed up watching all of this noble talking.

and the kiss, oh boy Sebas sure is a lady-killer, he deserved it. but no matter i see it, both of them is lacking development to be really that close, the ln probably covered up more than this.

and i love how mad Raeven is when Renner ask him to let his son be betrothed by her, no hesitation there. now way he let his son with 2 faced yandere bitch like her.

can’t wait for the next episode, i suspect there will be action so it will be very lit
InukanuraMar 13, 2018 1:43 PM
Mar 13, 2018 9:16 AM

Dec 2010
Marvelous episode, seems Tsuare (the sister of the girl killed by Clementine in the first season) have no peace but is good that she is accepted into Nazarick, also the kiss was top. <3
Even as a non novel reader i can feel the rush but it was a very enjoyable episode nonetheless. Really hope they do a good job for the last 3 episodes but can be a miracle if they announce a third season.

5/5
Mar 13, 2018 9:16 AM

Jan 2012
I knew it! I knew all along Ainz would know Sebas remained loyal to him. Still, it played out rather theatrically thanks to Demiurge's doubts. Good for you Tuare...well, except the whole kidnapped part. But seeing Ainz get pissed while talking to Albedo was cool. We've seen a bit of her questioning his concerns for lowly humans before haven't we? I wonder if anything more significant will come from this later on down the road. If her absolute contempt for humans will ever actually mean something. But I suppose if it did it would be for much later down the road. Meanwhile we learn something I got spoiled to me last week! So Princess Renner loves Climb as a dog, but still wants his children? That's...odd. But alright! I'm still wondering if he'll learn her true nature, but as we continue on it's looking more like he isn't gonna die by this season's end like I was initially expecting. But I guess we'll see as this all out assault against the Eight Fingers begins in earnest.
Mar 13, 2018 9:27 AM

Mar 2016
Buckle up guys and be happy....Ainz will be more involved like most of y'all wanted, so be grateful xD

BTW, Sebas unintendedly gets Tuare to fall for him so much to actually kiss him...damn, my man Sebas is an inspiration I'll never reach in my life right now xD
Mar 13, 2018 9:32 AM

Apr 2013
I thought Ninya was a boy this entire time
Mar 13, 2018 9:34 AM
May 2016
Cream_Soda said:
Ninya was a girl disguising as a boy , after she was killed and Ains inspected her dead body he saw she had boobies >.>
Mar 13, 2018 9:36 AM

Feb 2018
I would highly suggest everyone to read the light novel, especially for the 'Sebas Interrogation' part...

THEY F*CKING RUSHED IT!!!!

The feelings you get while reading the novel is extraordinary.. I was practically on the edge of my seat while reading it...

The anime didn't even have 1% of it...

I know that it's hard to animate each and every point from the novel.. but this was waayyyy too rushed....
Mar 13, 2018 9:42 AM

Sep 2011
Having read this part in the LNs recently, I can definitely feel where the cuts have hurt this... But so far no one else in the thread seems to be bothered, so I'm thinking it may be fine and I only notice it because all of that stuff is fresh in my mind.

In case anyone's wondering why Renner was so comfortable with allowing Marquis Raeven and Prince Zanac in on her little secret, something that was explicit in the LNs but that they didn't really make clear here was that Renner intentionally set up the deal between them such that if any of them tried to expose another, they would all be exposed by nature of the deal, and made that very clear to all parties.

Devansetiautamaa said:
Da hell the first Ainz iss pandora's actor? Lol, and the second one is the real ainz..

I can't find any explicit confirmation of this in this chapter of the LN... but looking at it closely, I think you're actually right O-o The handkerchief thing and the dramatic flourish upon leaving are the biggest tells, especially the way they describe that flourish in the LN. And it would certainly be a clever plan too... No idea if this comes into play later (thus not a spoiler), but it makes sense here, and it's actually kind of a nice little touch once you notice it.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Mar 13, 2018 9:44 AM

Jan 2014
gotta love the next episodes.
can't wait to see Badass Sebas in action.
Mar 13, 2018 9:45 AM

Sep 2015
Man this was a pretty good episode. We see the true Princess for more than a sec and the steps she's willing to take to be with climb. Wonder if Aniz rescue attempt will hinder or help princess Rieners raids.

Ainz was Pissed! He put his name on the line and now blood must be spilled. Nice build up episode can't wait for next week.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 13, 2018 9:47 AM

Sep 2013
Tamikus said:
Lelouch0202 said:
That was a good episode.

actually CMIIW, yes albedo love momonga because the setting he rewrite, but about the flag and her being upset is because the members of ainz ooal gown except momonga, all left them (NPC) event albedo creator tabula smaragdina left too. and because of that albedo have a hatred in the guild ainz ooal gown itself not the name. and therefore ainz flag is on the floor in last scene.
Mar 13, 2018 9:51 AM

Sep 2013
Oh... C'mon, Why they kidnapped her so easy?
This mansion, it should be surrounded with lava, a spell that kills someone when they touches door etc. :v
Mar 13, 2018 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
I have a bad feeling about Albedo from that last scene.
Mar 13, 2018 9:53 AM

Nov 2014
Oooh I like that buildup. I hope we will some badass action next week.

Tamikus said:
Lelouch0202 said:
That was a good episode.

Good to hear it's only something like that. For a second here I thought Albedo might doubt Ains/Momonga. That'd be pretty bad development imo.
Mar 13, 2018 9:53 AM

Feb 2014
TheInspiredConj said:
I would highly suggest everyone to read the light novel, especially for the 'Sebas Interrogation' part...

THEY F*CKING RUSHED IT!!!!

The feelings you get while reading the novel is extraordinary.. I was practically on the edge of my seat while reading it...

The anime didn't even have 1% of it...

I know that it's hard to animate each and every point from the novel.. but this was waayyyy too rushed....

Which part does it occur in the novel? Page and Chapter?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 13, 2018 9:55 AM

Feb 2014
Zerity said:

Its nothing to be concerned with as the following explains
Terkhev said:

Albedo does not like that Momonga changed his Name to Ains >.> He changed her settings that she loves Momonga thats why she is a bit upset about this , and has The * Momonga Flag* in her Room[/quote]
Good to hear it's only something like that. For a second here I thought Albedo might doubt Ains/Momonga. That'd be pretty bad development imo.[/quote]
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 13, 2018 9:57 AM

Jul 2017
@dasprn that kinda petty.
Mar 13, 2018 9:59 AM

Apr 2008
Zerity said:

It's nothing threatening to Ainz so don't worry
Mar 13, 2018 10:00 AM

Sep 2011
animefan8800 said:
But seeing Ainz get pissed while talking to Albedo was cool. We've seen a bit of her questioning his concerns for lowly humans before haven't we? I wonder if anything more significant will come from this later on down the road. If her absolute contempt for humans will ever actually mean something. But I suppose if it did it would be for much later down the road.

I think you're right. The strange bit of cloth they focused on in the corner of her room at the end of that scene was Momonga's flag, which he destroyed waaaaaaayy back in the beginning of season 1 as a symbol of giving up that name to take on the name of Ainz Ooal Gown. The fact that she has it probably means she created this one herself from memory, and suggests that her loyalties are to him and not Nazarick (thanks to that little change to her settings in S1E1 that made her madly in love with him). I think it's a safe bet that sooner or later, that will put her at odds with the best interests of Nazarick as a whole. I honestly don't know when or what the circumstances will be though, so we shall see...
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Mar 13, 2018 10:03 AM

Jan 2012
3 more episodes left and nothings happened halfway the episodes. Season 3 when?
Mar 13, 2018 10:07 AM

Apr 2008
deviruchi787 said:
3 more episodes left and nothings happened halfway the episodes. Season 3 when?

You'll get your action fix next week, you junkie
Mar 13, 2018 10:14 AM

Jun 2014
Damn, Sebas is a lady-killer. Now he needs to smash.

I'm looking forward to these last few episodes as Sebas prepares to rescue Tuare.

Also, random side note, did anyone here who has seen Hunter x Hunter think the Princess' brother looked like a fat Kurapika? Lol just a random thought that I found funny.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 13, 2018 10:18 AM

Apr 2017
It is a shame that interrogation scene was rushed. It was so tense in the novel. There was no feeling in the animated version. It was like robots talking. I know they don't have much time in the anime but I'm disappointed nonetheless.
Mar 13, 2018 10:22 AM

Jun 2015
More screen time for Ain is always the best. I loved it when he remembered his past. It was nice of him to take Tsuare under his protection. It's unfortunate she got kidnapped. I'm looking forward to see Sebas in action.
Mar 13, 2018 10:23 AM

Jun 2014
I am disappointed by this episode, losing faith in the serie.

I am not saying the anime is bad, I am saying that if you look for a "Law/Good" aligned character to empathize with, which is also reasonable OP on the level of the other characters, then you're left without one.
Every episode a new character turns out to be a piece of sh*t, just like in Game of Thrones, so one like me would feel lost.

This time is Sebas turn, he turns out to be just another piece of sh*t, he would murder that girl without hesitation just to protect his position.
Also princess psycho, let's not talk about that, marrying 5y old while planning to be fu*kin a guy in chains .

Meh --- either overrated anime or not my taste, or both. 2/5
Mar 13, 2018 10:24 AM

Apr 2016
GRRREAAATER TELEEPORTATION!

Also, the opening shows Demiurge as Jaldabaoth, does that mean it's gonna be the last episode? I thought they were gonna team up to massacre the eight fingers? Is Ainz gonna go as Momon to help fight the Fingers as an adventurer and once they're done have Demi appear as the ultimate demon to form the Magic Kingdom?
LynxV1Mar 13, 2018 10:28 AM
Mar 13, 2018 10:32 AM

Apr 2008
MarcusAseth said:
I am disappointed by this episode, losing faith in the serie.

I am not saying the anime is bad, I am saying that if you look for a "Law/Good" aligned character to empathize with, which is also reasonable OP on the level of the other characters, then you're left without one.
Every episode a new character turns out to be a piece of sh*t, just like in Game of Thrones, so one like me would feel lost.

This time is Sebas turn, he turns out to be just another piece of sh*t, he would murder that girl without hesitation just to protect his position.
Also princess psycho, let's not talk about that, marrying 5y old while planning to be fu*kin a guy in chains .

LOL I pity your frail heart.
Mar 13, 2018 10:36 AM

Jun 2014
Darklight0303 said:

LOL I pity your frail heart.

I pity you because you pity who don't share your tastes.
Mar 13, 2018 10:38 AM

Feb 2018
It was ok but I just finished reading the entire light novel so it's overall less exciting because I already knew exacly what's gonna happen
Mar 13, 2018 10:42 AM

Mar 2010
overall liked the episode, but the decision of Sebas was bitter, would had prefer him to stand his ground and deny Ainz order to kill Tuare.

well for me it is a disappoint to find out the princess is not as sweet as she looks.
Mar 13, 2018 11:07 AM

Dec 2015
Getting abducted right after the strongest being in the known world swore to protect you, ts ts ts, the idiots that abducted her have no idea what is awaiting them. I honestly expected Sebas to be much more emotional in this episode, whether due to experiencing his forsto kissu or with Tuare getting abducted and all.

Crazy yandere princess keeps getting crazier. Run while you can Climb, run!!

Good episode overall.
joe_g7Mar 13, 2018 11:10 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 13, 2018 11:08 AM

Sep 2015
Nobody gonna talk about how that first Ainz was clearly Pandora's Actor or is my arrogance justified and I'm just in the 1% that pays attention?

Either that or everyone noticed and doesn't find it as entertaining as me.
Mar 13, 2018 11:10 AM
May 2016
TigersAndDragons said:
Nobody gonna talk about how that first Ainz was clearly Pandora's Actor or is my arrogance justified and I'm just in the 1% that pays attention?

Either that or everyone noticed and doesn't find it as entertaining as me.
yup it was Pandoras Actor ... Ains was meanwhile in the Throneroom checking Sebas Status if he really is a traitor
Mar 13, 2018 11:14 AM

Apr 2007
MarcusAseth said:

I'm not sure if that's the right way to look at it. Lets assume Sebas decided to not follow Ain's instruction. What then? It's not like he could win a fight against them and as punishment they would have surely killed Tsuare. This outcome was only possible with Sebas following Ain's orders. It was beyond his ability to save her.
Mar 13, 2018 11:30 AM

Apr 2013
Tamikus said:
Cream_Soda said:
Ninya was a girl disguising as a boy , after she was killed and Ains inspected her dead body he saw she had boobies >.>

Ah, I forgot. I burned s1 in a day, lol
Mar 13, 2018 11:32 AM

Oct 2017
Each episode gets more and more interesting, and combined with the characters developing their own traits outside of their pre-established ones...I really wish this season was 24 episodes, 13 is just way too short. (side note- Sebas save some for the rest of us)
Mar 13, 2018 11:41 AM
Dec 2016
Inukanura said:
this episode really went by very fast, i really enjoyed the first half because the Nazarick gang is once again gathered up. i kinda fed up watching all of this noble talking.

and the kiss, oh boy Sebas sure is a lady-killer, he deserved it. but no matter i see it, both of them is lacking development to be really that close, the vn probably covered up more than this.

and i love how mad Raeven is when Renner ask him to let his son be betrothed by her, no hesitation there. now way he let his son with 2 faced yandere bitch like her.

can’t wait for the next episode, i suspect there will be action so it will be very lit

it's LN not a VN, not even close lol. just a reminder
Mar 13, 2018 11:44 AM

May 2017
joe_g7 said:
forsto kissu
lol more like 1,000,001st kiss

MarcusAseth said:
marrying 5y old

Um, what? Lol only a 5y/o would actually think betrothed means marrying someone immediately. They're obviously talking about long term jfc comments like yours are brain cells killer
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2018

288 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2018

197 by RayousSR »»
Apr 24, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

254 by WienGirl »»
Apr 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

174 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

354 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.