Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 1, 2018 5:45 PM

Jul 2017
as most of you might know eating dogs and cats is considered taboo
in western society
however this is part of the culture in some Asian Countries such as China
I actually have seen stores selling dog meat when my family was traveling across rural areas of china
since I was young it was quite a scene for me
I am sure most people would find it disturbing and uncivilized since dogs and cats are considered "human-friendly" and "superior" animals to others because they are pets and helpful companions to many people
I dislike it but it cannot be helped because I think deep rooted traditions will always be there for them and they are not going to change anything since it becomes part of their culture
and I do think its quite reasonable for people to eat dogs and cats in their perspective (dogs and cats are not being viewed as pets but food same as cows pigs chickens ETC) so they treat them equally as meat supply
(dogs inside cages, prepping cats ETC)
sympathy for dogs and cats being eaten as food is understandable
what is your opinion on eating dogs and cats?
not talking about whether or not you support it but whether or not you accept it
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 1, 2018 5:46 PM

Mar 2016
I would eat them.
Animals are food, ultimately.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Feb 1, 2018 5:53 PM

Mar 2016
fuck them, my dogs didn't die from old age, they were hunted by those fuckers and sold them into the black market.
Feb 1, 2018 5:59 PM
Nov 2017
I wouldn't eat it, but I cannot fault another's upbringing on the matter. I'm sure it will be greasy though.
Feb 1, 2018 6:21 PM
dozing general

Oct 2017
I wouldn’t eat them, I couldn’t help but feel bad about it since cats and dogs are pets/companions meant to be loved and cared for in our society, and I have cats myself. Not my place to tell another culture what to eat of course.
Feb 1, 2018 6:40 PM

Nov 2014
I think it's the same for any pet owner, I can accept it but I really really dislike the thought of it
Just hits too close to home

I'm glad it's a taboo thing here cause I really don't want to have to worry about my cat's safety around humans

Feb 1, 2018 6:48 PM

Feb 2008
pretty sure most of the dogs they sell in those stores were pets once

I'm against it not just cause they're dogs and dogs are pets
Pigs can be pets and we eat them

but from what I've heard at least, most of Asia is against it, especially since they acquire the dogs through illegal means then torture them
its not like they farm the dogs like we do with pigs and cows.
Feb 1, 2018 6:55 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
It's just a difference in culture, we eat cows, horses, pigs which is considered a taboo in some eastern countries. Besides none of my Asian friends have ever tried dog meat (never heard about eating cats either). I don't think friendliness or intelligent are much of a factor since eating dolphins is also a thing in some places around the world.
149597871Feb 1, 2018 6:59 PM
Feb 1, 2018 6:59 PM

Jan 2018
you know dog meat smells like ass unless you season it, like that's why them crackers aint eatin' em
⧸ ⧹⧸ ⧹⧸ ⧹
Feb 1, 2018 7:01 PM

May 2016
If it's delicious then go ahead and eat it.
I'm not frontin'
Asians would probably look like they saw treasure when they see dogs and cats
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Feb 2, 2018 1:01 AM

Jan 2016
Never tried it, but if it would taste good i guess i'd eat it.
Feb 2, 2018 1:11 AM

Dec 2015
As long as those people didn't steal other people's pets for food, and they raise their own dogs/cats to eat... Well it's distasteful to me but that's their culture.

If they steal a beloved pet though? Yeah, fuck those people.

xx0:44 ─🔘────────────── 04:44x
xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Feb 2, 2018 1:41 AM

Mar 2012
xoO_Jerry_Oox said:
I am sure most people would find it disturbing and uncivilized
As if debeaking and grounding alive newborn males who are considered "useless" to the industry is a very pleasant and civilized thing to do.

since dogs and cats are considered "human-friendly" and "superior" animals to others because they are pets and helpful companions to many people
So what makes you think that a cat is a helpful companion but, say, a chicken is not?

sympathy for dogs and cats being eaten as food is understandable
Humans are hypocrites who are just too afraid to step outside of what traditional values they have grown up with.
Feb 2, 2018 1:51 AM
Jul 2018
I probably wouldn't eat dog or cat meat. But, I don't find it much disturbing since we all eat some sort of meat ( Pork, beef , chicken, etc).
Feb 2, 2018 1:58 AM

Dec 2012
I would, what's the fuckin' difference?

End of the day I'm not a cannabal and I get a feed. You hypocritical motherfuckers would eat a cow or sheep, what's there to stop me from chowing down on your puppy?

Damn society.

Feb 2, 2018 2:02 AM

Oct 2015
it's no different than eating meat tbh

people can eat whatever they want if it makes them happy

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Feb 2, 2018 4:14 AM

Jul 2017
WOW
I did not expect that many people to be this logical and resilient on MAL

Feb 2, 2018 4:17 AM

Jul 2017
Turnip said:
I would, what's the fuckin' difference?

End of the day I'm not a cannabal and I get a feed. You hypocritical motherfuckers would eat a cow or sheep, what's there to stop me from chowing down on your puppy?

Damn society.

meanwhile looking up the youtube comments LOL

people generally would reject your kind of thinking however because dogs and cats are highly valued as friends/companions of people (in modern society at least)
people get triggered when they see animals getting "abused"

you might get reported by animal "enthusiast" if you accidentally drops your ice cream on a cat in America LOL
Feb 2, 2018 4:21 AM

Jul 2017
psycho said:
it's no different than eating meat tbh

people can eat whatever they want if it makes them happy

you must not be a pet owner then
people only develop sympathy for pets not animals
they would not mind laughing at the kitchen with their family while preparing their turkeys on thanksgiving
Feb 2, 2018 4:21 AM

Apr 2014
My sister told me that supposedly cat tastes like a mixture between chicken/fish and has a slight sour taste.She also said that dog is supposed to be delicious. (I don't know how she knows)

Any Asian is welcome to debate this.
Feb 2, 2018 4:23 AM

Jul 2017
youseiki said:
fuck them, my dogs didn't die from old age, they were hunted by those fuckers and sold them into the black market.

I feel sorry for you
not a pet person but losing a companion must hurt
understandable
I really hate animals honestly but my family has a cat and I had to deal with it
I guess some people are naturally attracted to animals I never understand them however
Feb 2, 2018 4:26 AM

Jul 2017
Bambi said:
My sister told me that supposedly cat tastes like a mixture between chicken/fish and has a slight sour taste.She also said that dog is supposed to be delicious. (I don't know how she knows)

Any Asian is welcome to debate this.

she is right about the cat
my friends once told them cats are tasty (they are asians BTW I met them when I was doing volunteer in Cambodia)

locals eat cats dogs and all kinds of animals including insects
famine strikes hard and they do not have enough food for people
some of them even consume wild plants and other supposedly non-edible things for food
Feb 2, 2018 4:28 AM

Jan 2016
never eat cats but I did eat dogs, they are great much better than pork actually.
It was my dog got hit by a car yeah I eat with tears in my eyes, not because the sadness but it was spicy af.

Set by Aster
Feb 2, 2018 5:38 AM
Jul 2018
It shouldn’t be a frowned upon, we should eat more cats and dogs in first world countries.
Feb 2, 2018 5:44 AM
Aug 2016
Why did I had to read this about China while I was listening to a chinsese song that I like?
I knew that fact about China, even tho I am against it, it can't be helped as you said.
I don't consider dogs and cats superior to other animals, because I consider all animals to be equal, since I love animals and I do not consume their dead bodies. For me every living creature have a life that worth living it.
While eating dogs and cats is weird for the western countries, it's seen as a normal thing for some asian countries.
Feb 2, 2018 7:07 AM

Jan 2017
I see them as pets, and eating your pet is an idea that doesn't sit with me. And I won't change my opinion on that.
Feb 2, 2018 7:50 AM
Jul 2018
I love them as pets and will never be able to see them as food. I’d rather starve and die than eat a cat or dog
Feb 2, 2018 8:01 AM

Dec 2015
My objection to eating cats and dogs is that they are intelligent animals. Not like cows and chickens which are comically docile.

I tried to stop eating pork after I found out that pigs are pretty much as intelligent as dogs. My abstinence from pork lasted about a week, because pigs are delicious and I'm a massive meat eating hypocrite.

Also I've eaten octopus and I understand that they are very intelligent. Once again...hypocrite.
Feb 2, 2018 8:29 AM

Dec 2017
I'm totally against it because I understand that people eat pig meat/chicken meat etc but I don't think eating cats or dogs is really ok. It just...uh I don't know it seems so gross. I don't think every animal is made to be eaten. How would u feel about other people eating wild animals like..monkeys..bears...etc. It's the same as eating cats/dogs for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They are also killed in a cruel way, sometimes they're skinned alive.
The truth about cats and dogs (and how they are consumed in South Korea)

But anyway I'm happy I don't live in Asia so I won't have nightmares about that.

They can eat what they want, but I think my and other people's opinion about this won't change.

Feb 2, 2018 8:40 AM

Dec 2015
sashaanjo said:
How would u feel about other people eating wild animals like..monkeys..bears...etc. It's the same as eating cats/dogs for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly, if someone offered me a juicy bear steak, I would eat it.
Feb 2, 2018 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lychee_and_Dog_Meat_Festival

The tradition of dog meat consumption began over 400 years ago in China. Although there is no medical or physiological evidence to support it, many Chinese practitioners of folk medicine believe that dog meat would help ward off the heat felt through the summer months. It wasn't until recent years that the festival in Yulin began.

>Literally torture and kill dogs en masse to ward off heat
Feb 2, 2018 6:33 PM

Jul 2017
sashaanjo said:
I'm totally against it because I understand that people eat pig meat/chicken meat etc but I don't think eating cats or dogs is really ok. It just...uh I don't know it seems so gross. I don't think every animal is made to be eaten. How would u feel about other people eating wild animals like..monkeys..bears...etc. It's the same as eating cats/dogs for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They are also killed in a cruel way, sometimes they're skinned alive.
The truth about cats and dogs (and how they are consumed in South Korea)

But anyway I'm happy I don't live in Asia so I won't have nightmares about that.

They can eat what they want, but I think my and other people's opinion about this won't change.

you sound like an average animal lover
totally understandable from your point of view
Feb 2, 2018 6:35 PM

Apr 2017
i ate my dawg jaden the other day, he was aight

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ 𝚖𝚊𝚕'𝚜 CUTEST 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚗
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ADORABLE 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚙 !
𝚒 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 KISS 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚢𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚗 !
Feb 2, 2018 6:40 PM

Mar 2014
just go eat what you wanna eat and leave what you don't want, smh
why restricting yourself, hooman? smh
Feb 2, 2018 6:45 PM

Nov 2008
Well.................if you ask me....................such a nasty question.........

Feb 2, 2018 7:56 PM

Sep 2016
I think the dogs in this case are wild or farm raised dogs not domestic so I guess it's possible to eat them. I don't really mind that about their culture.
Never heard of eating cats though.

Btw, I tried dogmeat once before and it tasted pretty bad. It's like pork soaked in lots of wine.

🔥You're looking at someone🔥

🔥Who is superior to you🔥

🔥You have my permission to🔥

🔥Bask in my glow🔥

Feb 2, 2018 8:17 PM

Oct 2012
I don't really agree with doing it, but its more of a cultural thing. Its not really my business to tell people not to do it, especially when there are people that need that meat to survive.
Feb 3, 2018 3:47 AM

Apr 2016
They are animals, and animals are here to serve humans, so i have no problem with something like that.

Kuroko-chan said:

I don't consider dogs and cats superior to other animals, because I consider all animals to be equal, since I love animals and I do not consume their dead bodies. For me every living creature have a life that worth living it.

But they're just animals you know ?
Feb 3, 2018 4:05 AM
Aug 2016
Swagernator said:
They are animals, and animals are here to serve humans, so i have no problem with something like that.

Kuroko-chan said:

But they're just animals you know ?

Humans are still animals too, you know?
Feb 3, 2018 4:07 AM

Apr 2016
Kuroko-chan said:

So you're considering humans and animals to be equal ?
Feb 3, 2018 4:26 AM
Aug 2016
Swagernator said:
Kuroko-chan said:

Yes. Animals have the same right like us. They deserve to live, they are not servants.
Feb 3, 2018 4:28 AM

Sep 2009
I heard cats don't taste good. A Korean I know told me there are specific types of dogs meant for food (rather than pets), so I'd probably try dog if the opportunity came up.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Feb 3, 2018 4:30 AM

Sep 2015
The ancient Egyptians use to worship cats and view them as sacred animals. Bastet is going to ride on these Chinese lol. I love cats though, they're useful. If they see any rats or snakes, boom.
Feb 3, 2018 6:33 AM

Feb 2018
Kuroko-chan said:
Swagernator said:

Yes. Animals have the same right like us. They deserve to live, they are not servants.

The last tens of thousands of years contradict that statement lol.
If you ride a horse, you are using it as a servant, regardless if a harness is used or not. That is just one of millions of examples that animals have been used as servants & they don't care.

@xoO_Jerry_Oox
Don't forget, eating Cows in India is considered no different than murder. Even making cow jokes is offensive to those living in India.

Also Humans being used as food, yeah we are food for any carnivorous creature, and many like humans, will cannibalize their own to survive. Even Scorpions & Rats will eat their young, but it mostly depends on the situation.

Cover yourself in the smell of fish, your cat will eat you.
Cover yourself in the smell of ham or burger, your dog will eat you.

Is it wrong to eat? No, it isn't. If you watch anything to do with Zombies and are not bothered by it, then you too don't really care if humans are eaten or not, otherwise you'd stop watching something that basically glorifies cannibalism.
The Only enemy you should be concerned with is yourself, no one can be a worse threat to you than yourself.

You say you have no courage? If you don't let me treat you like a carpet, then you just proved you do have courage.

Success without failure is not something to be happy about. Even a little failure can strength your resolve to do better. Without failure, overconfidence becomes our downfall.
Feb 3, 2018 6:46 AM
Aug 2016
ExVasterist said:
Kuroko-chan said:

If you ride a horse, you are using it as a servant, regardless if a harness is used or not. That is just one of millions of examples that animals have been used as servants & they don't care.

I never said they weren't, I just don't agree with this. I'm simply not ok with animals being used by humans, or to be considered just a source of food. They are living creatures who have a life and humans have NO right to take those animals lives.
Feb 3, 2018 6:57 AM

Jul 2017
Kuroko-chan said:
ExVasterist said:

I never said they weren't, I just don't agree with this. I'm simply not ok with animals being used by humans, or to be considered just a source of food. They are living creatures who have a life and humans have NO right to take those animals lives.

by any chance are you a vegan?
I am fine with eating animals and viewing animals as source of food is very normal
the lions and wolves in the wild certainly do not consider their preys as fellow animals
Feb 3, 2018 7:02 AM

Jan 2013
As long as people eat other animals, there's no need to gate off other (safe to eat) animals from that list.

Favoritism in this topic is just inconsistent logic and fallacious hypocrisy.
Feb 3, 2018 7:25 AM

Aug 2015
I don't have anything against it. Sure they are more superior/trained animals, but ultimately, they're somewhere on the same level of intelligence as other ones. Although this is only my opinion on eating them normally. I despise traditions.
Feb 3, 2018 7:28 AM

Jan 2017
Kuroko-chan said:
ExVasterist said:

So do you feel the same about plants? I mean they are also living beings.
Feb 3, 2018 7:33 AM
Aug 2016
xoO_Jerry_Oox said:
Kuroko-chan said:

by any chance are you a vegan?
I am fine with eating animals and viewing animals as source of food is very normal
the lions and wolves in the wild certainly do not consider their preys as fellow animals

I'm not vegan, but vegetarian, so I don't eat animals corpses.
If you view that as a normal thing, it doesn't necasarry mean that all of us view it as normal. Not all humans view some things in the same way, so don't consider yourself in the center of everything.
Yeah, but we humans have morals and we can produce our own food, the carnivore animals don't have what we do, so for them is normal to do those things. They don't even have morals to begin with, or don't have a view of what's good an bad. Every creature view the world in a different way. We all are equal, but we are not the same.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How to improve intelligence

False_Entity - Jun 14

19 by katsucats »»
6 seconds ago

» Biggest life hot takes?

Rabnawaz2 - Yesterday

41 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
7 minutes ago

» How old were you when your birthday stopped being special to you?

Jomfrey - Jun 13

29 by zzz »»
1 hour ago

» So I just got into Yugioh Speed Duel

rohan121 - Jun 10

13 by TheMechaManiac »»
2 hours ago

» Overly Specific & Stupid Food Rules/Etiquette

vasipi4946 - Jun 12

25 by cyandaqil »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.