Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2017 12:37 PM

Jul 2012
That was a good start, but the feeling for me is that i expected more and something was missing. Found it rather strange that it just started with opening, i might not watch a lot of stuff so can't remember such thing to happen in a long time even more in the first episode. The transitions between the scenes were really strange in the beginning, don't remember how it was in the manga and probably can't get that feeling. And overall felt different from the manga.
Still i thought it was good, but not good enough, i hope that it gets better.
Oct 7, 2017 12:40 PM

Jul 2011
Anime has been pretty stale and cliched for me recently, but this is the kind of show that makes me appreciate anime so much. The art and animation is absolutely beautiful, but the OST is what stood out to me the most. I can't wait to see more.
Oct 7, 2017 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
While the episode was spectacular, I just lost all little faith I had in CrunchyRoll. How could they fuck up the translations so bad? Slay Vega became Sleigh Beggy and they even mistranslated Silky's name.

As much as I love the manga I'm gonna put this on hold until some fansubs pick it up because I refuse to keep watching this with CR subs.
Oct 7, 2017 12:51 PM

Jul 2013
Rukodaime said:
Calal-Chan said:

Well sort of. The manga got a prequel anime. And the new show coming out is an actual adaptation instead.
Calal-Chan said:

Well sort of. The manga got a prequel anime. And the new show coming out is an actual adaptation instead.

The 3 OAV were a prequel ? Nice to know (I thought it was some OAV to promote the anime). I assume we do not need to watch it before watching this anime, right ?

Yeah, I would actually watch the OVA prequel after watching several episodes of the upcoming anime. It was made as a prequel to the Manga and the episodes were shipped with volumes 5,6, and 7 of the Manga in Japan.
Oct 7, 2017 12:55 PM

Apr 2012
Not_Important said:
While the episode was spectacular, I just lost all little faith I had in CrunchyRoll. How could they fuck up the translations so bad? Slay Vega became Sleigh Beggy and they even mistranslated Silky's name.

As much as I love the manga I'm gonna put this on hold until some fansubs pick it up because I refuse to keep watching this with CR subs.
While CR subs are usually horrible, here if you listen closely Elias doesn't call Silky by name (shiruki) but says "gin no kimi" which means "silver one".

Also the Japanese have huge trouble pronouncing the -v sound, so you clearly hear "sley begga". But CR translators probably don't bother with manga so that's unprofessionnal.
Oct 7, 2017 1:01 PM

Jan 2016
This was quality like I haven't seen in a long time, the opening was brilliant. The animation, athmosphere, everything!
Oct 7, 2017 1:02 PM

Dec 2016
I already read some chapters of the manga and felt that something was missing, but I liked it, it's a good first episode with a good opening and ending.
Oct 7, 2017 1:06 PM

Aug 2013
as good as I expected it to be, nice
Oct 7, 2017 1:06 PM
Jul 2016
I've heard a lot about Mahoutsukai no Yome, but I haven't read the source material or watched the OVA's so watching it for the first time today I had no real idea what I was expecting.
I can say that I am absolutely hooked without a doubt. This is such a lovely anime, the animation is beautiful, the taste of the soundtrack we've already gotten is lovely, I really like both of the MC's. I am looking forward to future episodes.

Other people tell me your opinions please.
Oct 7, 2017 1:12 PM

Apr 2012
LexiMexu said:
I've heard a lot about Mahoutsukai no Yome, but I haven't read the source material or watched the OVA's so watching it for the first time today I had no real idea what I was expecting.
I can say that I am absolutely hooked without a doubt. This is such a lovely anime, the animation is beautiful, the taste of the soundtrack we've already gotten is lovely, I really like both of the MC's. I am looking forward to future episodes.

I guess you should watch the OVA.
Oct 7, 2017 1:18 PM

Sep 2017
I'll admit that things can be a bit confusing for those who haven't watched the OVA, but to me this was a darn good first episode.

I just love how goofy Elias can look for a goat-demon-wizard thingy. And everything about this anime is just absolutely gorgeous, from the OP, to the music, to the ambience.

Man, this season will be the feels season. 3-gatsu, Kino no Tabi, Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou and now this... Is like the universe just wants to make me cry before Christmas.
Oct 7, 2017 1:33 PM
Aug 2015
Only after I checked the mal discussion forum did I realized that there is an ova that is supposed to be the prequel for this series
I might have to check it out since it might contain a valuable experience and also an additional enjoyment but first I have to say
That was an amazing first episode. Even thought I have not read the original source. It really reached my expectations considering that this is the most anticipated anime of this season. The animation is as expected of studio. I think I really am going to enjoy this show. Also the mc kinda reminds me of the mc from akagami no shirayukihime with the red short hair. Is it a thing in Japanese shoujo manga to have the mc girl designed like that?
But the thing I took notice at the first was the opening. Here I thought it was a familiar voice. I feel ashamed that I couldn't realize who it was untill her name came up. Junna my new idol! I'm gonna enjoy the opening too!!
Oct 7, 2017 1:34 PM
Jul 2016
EratiK said:
LexiMexu said:

I guess you should watch the OVA.
wwwwww (lol) I guess I should
Oct 7, 2017 1:37 PM
Apr 2016
Beautiful Artwork along with mystery element which keeps to attached to your seats.
It's like watching a fairy tale which we used to hear from our grandparents and are lost in the mystery world/ Dreamworld with superpowers and mystical creatures.

After watching its OVA it's like watching from where it all begins and I haven't read the manga but from this, i can tell the story would be awesome with this sort of start.

This one would be something like love mystery thriller along with sorcery!!!
Oct 7, 2017 1:37 PM

Sep 2009
Great first episode I feel like they did a great job introducing the characters and giving us enough flashbacks to kind of get a clue why Chisa was being sold and what kind of setting the anime does have.

Also I'm surprised about how handsome Elias is I mean yeah he looks like a monster but I can't help but think that he's a pretty handsome character nonetheless! Love his calm and loving demeanor. Awesome how it's not a cliche shoujoisque kind of story where she's being adopted by a standard pretty guy =)

Oct 7, 2017 1:38 PM

Jul 2013
I liked the episode, though I found the transition between some scenes a bit fast, but it just an small nitpick.
I love Elias's character too. A wizard with the aspect of a demon, who dresses and behaves like a gentleman, able to make jokes from time to time and with awesome magic.

I liked the OVA, hopefully, the series will be as good as that one.
Oct 7, 2017 1:39 PM

Apr 2012
AdoKun said:
But the thing I took notice at the first was the opening. Here I thought it was a familiar voice. I feel ashamed that I couldn't realize who it was untill her name came up. Junna my new idol! I'm gonna enjoy the opening too!!
I'm ashamed too, I've never finished Delta.
Oct 7, 2017 1:39 PM

Feb 2015
Fantastic start I could easily marathon this series. Beautiful animation and it has a great soundtrack. Not a Fan of the OP it doesn't suite the series at all.

Can't wait until next weeks episode, bar far the best of the season so far
Oct 7, 2017 1:53 PM

Nov 2013
Wow I actually feel proud of Studio Wit for this one, animation and sound is amazing, this looks like how I had hoped Akagami no Shirayuki-hime was going to be like but wasn't.

If the quality stays like this and the story stays interesting for 24 episodes, I'm sure this will be one of my first 9 or 10 from a seasonal anime in a while.
Oct 7, 2017 1:53 PM
Aug 2015
EratiK said:
AdoKun said:

Well, the only thing I enjoyed from Delta was just the music even for me. I felt that they didn't do justice to the other characters. BTW, this op arrangements kinda feels like a Turkish music especially the guitar.
Also I forgot to mention, is there nobody who will question this show about the male MC's head? What's that supposed to mean. A mask? I even Almost mistook his last name as Ainz oal gown.
Oct 7, 2017 1:57 PM

Dec 2016
Engaging first episode. I was completely drawn in.

The only negative I can think of is when they when into chibi mode. Keep this show serious and leave the chibi stuff with the companion short show -- it's cute there...not so much here.

That aside, maybe the best premier of the season -- or at least my fav one so far...
^_______^
Oct 7, 2017 1:58 PM

Sep 2016
A good first episode. Nice animation, decent music, and evil faeries. AOTS for now.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Oct 7, 2017 2:00 PM

Jul 2015
AdoKun said:
EratiK said:

Well, the only thing I enjoyed from Delta was just the music even for me. I felt that they didn't do justice to the other characters. BTW, this op arrangements kinda feels like a Turkish music especially the guitar.
Also I forgot to mention, is there nobody who will question this show about the male MC's head? What's that supposed to mean. A mask? I even Almost mistook his last name as Ainz oal gown.

You will know Elias' past later on.

Oct 7, 2017 2:05 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
Simply stunning <3 dunno how anybody could rate this episode 1/5...
They just don't know how amazing this anime with become after the slow beginning.

They put my favorite scene in the opening and that made me super happy :D
Beautiful, I knew the anime would be amazing!

I am anxiously awaiting for the next episode.
Who is with me? ^^ hm?
Oct 7, 2017 2:09 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
Smugdere said:
Why wasn't it translated as "Slay Vega"? It sounds much cooler than "sleigh beggy"!

It was a very cute and gorgeous episode, the opening felt like it went by too quickly and the art looks just as good as the prequel.

Chise and Elias are so precious ♥️

agreed.. It irritates me how they translated it to "Sleigh Beggy" but whatever -3-
Slay Vega sounds so much better..

Dunno why they chose to use Sleigh Beggy than Slay Vega, it is clearly Slay Vega in the manga ;;

Oh well :/ I still think it very beautiful aside from that fact :)
Oct 7, 2017 2:23 PM

Jun 2015
Little slow pacing to my liking, that being said it wasnt horrible per se, but if later wont ramp up I dont think last long with this
Oct 7, 2017 2:36 PM

Jun 2017
bluebear_tora said:
So no one gonna talk how CR fucked up the maid's name?

>Silver

It's Silky!

Agreed, I also have no idea where they got this Sleigh Beggy from when it's Slay Vega lol.
Oct 7, 2017 2:40 PM

Apr 2015
LonelyLittleStar said:

agreed.. It irritates me how they translated it to "Sleigh Beggy" but whatever -3-

Dunno why they chose to use Sleigh Beggy than Slay Vega, it is clearly Slay Vega in the manga ;;

The official translation apparently uses Sleigh Beggy simply for the reason that this term is actually grounded in reality from some celtic folklore which seems to be in line with the in universe mythical theme.
Oct 7, 2017 2:41 PM

Dec 2016
it totally exceeded all my expectations, i loved it, I simply loved, they did an amazing job animating this, hope they keep up the stunning quiality they just showed us.

Also i didn't expect i would get to watch such a funny scene on this anime XD

Oct 7, 2017 2:45 PM

Jun 2017
-_Shiro_- said:
it totally exceeded all my expectations, i loved it, I simply loved, they did an amazing job animating this, hope they keep up the stunning quiality they just showed us.

Best thing, all the comedy scenes were in the manga we saw today, these weren't thrown in for pure fanservice but a proper adaptation.
Oct 7, 2017 2:45 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
Fappa said:
LonelyLittleStar said:

The official translation apparently uses Sleigh Beggy simply for the reason that this term is actually grounded in reality from some celtic folklore which seems to be in line with the in universe mythical theme.

oh :0 I did not know that!

That is good to know, thank you ^^
But still ;; kinda wishing it was Slay Vega..
Oct 7, 2017 2:47 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
-_Shiro_- said:

X'D this scene, I swear...
It is way funnier in the anime than the manga.
Oct 7, 2017 2:50 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
MomoSinX said:
bluebear_tora said:
So no one gonna talk how CR fucked up the maid's name?

>Silver

It's Silky!

Agreed, I also have no idea where they got this Sleigh Beggy from when it's Slay Vega lol.

Silky's real name is actually Silver but we still wouldn't know that cuz she doesn't talk and they in fact just call her Silky :/
Oct 7, 2017 2:54 PM

Jun 2017
LonelyLittleStar said:
MomoSinX said:

Silky's real name is actually Silver but we still wouldn't know that cuz she doesn't talk and they in fact just call her Silky :/

We will see her backstory but I don't wanna spoiler xd.
Oct 7, 2017 2:55 PM

Jul 2013
Great first episode, intriguing, mysterious and even funny, now I'm hyped for this and wanting to watch more.

Also I loved the opening, beautiful, good song.
LePiratePapiOct 7, 2017 2:59 PM
I . A M . D E A D !  C O N T I N U E ?

INSERT COIN

Oct 7, 2017 2:56 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
MomoSinX said:
LonelyLittleStar said:

yes, in the manga ;; I have read it.. Poor Silky/Silver
Oct 7, 2017 2:56 PM

Dec 2012
Beautiful first episode. Lovely OP & ED song.
I am loving the atmosphere of this show. OST is great & the hints of comedy is nice. Art & Animation is great as well.

Hopefully Chise can become happy with her new family.
Ainsworth taking in Chise was nice & his magic is cool.

Bit odd he wants to hopefully make Chise his bride.

Looking forward to more.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 7, 2017 2:58 PM

Dec 2016
MomoSinX said:

Best thing, all the comedy scenes were in the manga we saw today, these weren't thrown in for pure fanservice but a proper adaptation.

Yeah i only watched the 1st ova because of a friend who loves the manga badly and i didn't remember it had this kind of comedy, i loved it.

LonelyLittleStar said:

it was really funny and the ones we had at the end too XD

Oct 7, 2017 3:02 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
-_Shiro_- said:

LonelyLittleStar said:

it was really funny and the ones we had at the end too XD

YES X'D I love itttt

I already know that this anime is going to be an amazing adaption of the manga ^^
Oct 7, 2017 3:08 PM

Jun 2017
LonelyLittleStar said:
MomoSinX said:

Actually I just reread that chapter to check and both names are correct but Elias often uses "Silver" and "Silver One" (probably because of her hair color).
Oct 7, 2017 3:10 PM

Dec 2016
LonelyLittleStar said:

YES X'D I love itttt

I already know that this anime is going to be an amazing adaption of the manga ^^

it gives you that vibe right?? ik i feel the same i mean they would have to go crazy and throw it away all their hard work they've done to ruin this.

can't wait to see the next ep ><

Oct 7, 2017 3:10 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
MomoSinX said:
LonelyLittleStar said:

Actually I just reread that chapter to check and both names are correct but Elias often uses "Silver" and "Silver One" (probably because of her hair color).

oh really?? bleh now I can't call myself a manga reader lol
I should've picked up on that -3-

or maybe it was just a different translator?? who knows
I should go back and reread it as well.
Oct 7, 2017 3:13 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
-_Shiro_- said:
LonelyLittleStar said:

YES X'D I love itttt

it gives you that vibe right?? ik i feel the same i mean they would have to go crazy and throw it away all their hard work they've done to ruin this.

can't wait to see the next ep ><

yess it does, ik it will be amazing :3
I am sooo not patient for the next episode...

I am kinda hoping it goes farther than what we have for the manga but idk
Oct 7, 2017 3:13 PM

Apr 2013
I am amazed. Completely amazed.
Oct 7, 2017 3:18 PM

Jun 2017
LonelyLittleStar said:
MomoSinX said:

oh really?? bleh now I can't call myself a manga reader lol
I should've picked up on that -3-

or maybe it was just a different translator?? who knows
I should go back and reread it as well.

Now I want to see the raws to confirm it but I just can't find any :/.
Oct 7, 2017 3:20 PM

Aug 2016
Absolutely amazing, can't wait for more!
Nanika ga Okashii
Oct 7, 2017 3:21 PM

Apr 2015
Thank you Wit Studio, my wish comes true. :)

This episode was wonderful, I'm so happy after watching this episode.

Chise finally have a place she can call "home", thanks to Elias.

Animation is amazing and ending song is so good.

I know everything what will happen and still can wait for the next episode. :')

5/5
Oct 7, 2017 3:27 PM

Dec 2016
LonelyLittleStar said:

yess it does, ik it will be amazing :3
I am sooo not patient for the next episode...

I am kinda hoping it goes farther than what we have for the manga but idk

idk how much material is out there to get adapted but everything they have for sure ^^

Oct 7, 2017 3:28 PM

Dec 2016
MomoSinX said:

Now I want to see the raws to confirm it but I just can't find any :/.

weird thing that I can't find any raw either

Oct 7, 2017 3:32 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Very solid first episode. Lovely art, OST and voice acting. This one is a keeper.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

119 by Thaliel »»
Dec 18, 2023 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.