Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 16, 2017 6:07 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
A friend was relaying to me why they couldn't make it through certain shows and quote on quote "dropped" them.

Such as Attack on Titan where the anime looks like dirt the entire way through because the color pallet is so exclusively brown AND my favorite "Am I suppose to take this cue ball motherfucker seriously" after episode 2 of One Punch Man. His taste is selective and tried out mainstream shit for the first time in his life.

TL;DR Reason you dropped a show for no deep reason other than [blank].

Edit: A friend of mine relayed back to me how Bokuto from Haikyuu was a noodle in the anime versus how jacked he was in the manga. She dropped Season 2 immediatly. I couldn't not laugh.
StripesMar 12, 2018 3:51 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2017 6:12 PM

Apr 2013
I dropped Tenshi no 3P! after realizing the dude who directed Ro-Kyu-Bu! was directing it *queue angry lolicon mob* lmao

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 16, 2017 6:15 PM

Jul 2017
inb4 all the re:zero haters come in and say they dropped bc MC was shit

lazypigzAug 16, 2017 8:42 PM

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Aug 16, 2017 6:17 PM

Jul 2013
I dropped 30% of the anime on my list because... I was just too lazy to continue it.

Aug 16, 2017 6:20 PM

Nov 2014
Dropping shows is for n00bs. True anime fans can tough out any anime and finish it. True elitists will watch crap shows on purpose and finish them only to be able to talk trash about them.

Aug 16, 2017 6:22 PM

Dec 2016
AoT: stupid-looking giants eating people. I immediately know this was not going to be for me.
Aug 16, 2017 6:24 PM

Apr 2015
Interesting thread

lazypigz said:

I dropped bc the MC was shit.

For me it would probably be dropping this because I didn't like Hakuya's voice.
Aug 16, 2017 6:26 PM

Apr 2017
Zeta_Riemann said:
Dropping shows is for n00bs. True anime fans can tough out any anime and finish it. True elitists will watch crap shows on purpose and finish them only to be able to talk trash about them.

^This.. Such Gureyyyttttooo reason :))

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Aug 16, 2017 6:28 PM

May 2016
for not having enough females to look at.

Aug 16, 2017 6:28 PM

May 2016
I made it 2 minutes into Code Geass before the character designs (especially those fucking faces) forced me to shut it off in disgust.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Aug 16, 2017 6:30 PM

Dec 2012
I only drop shows because:

-They are boring (and I'm not bored easily)
-They are annoying
-They are offensive in some way or disgust me (usually only relevant to hentai)
-I hate the characters and don't care about what's happening to them

I don't really find any of those reasons petty to be honest.
KruszerAug 16, 2017 6:35 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 16, 2017 6:31 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE! and Free! both had too many dudes showing too much skin and I didn't like it. Though I don't consider this one especially petty, at least not unless people start considering people disliking stuff for reasons relating to ecchi/fanservice petty as well. I think the supposed "fujobait" should fall under that same category.

Drifters and Orange, I just hated the faces and the way they looked. It kept me out of it.

Kemono Friends for the CGI.

Aug 16, 2017 6:32 PM

Apr 2015
Manaban said:
I hated the way PASWG looked. I hated the way it sounded. I hated the way it tried to be funny. I hated how loud, brash, and obnoxious it was. Overall I just hated it for what it was, and it took me all of 12 minutes to realize that there will be nothing for me there.

Not petty at all, isn't it?
Like, you can't dislike anything more.
Aug 16, 2017 6:33 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Manaban said:
Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE! and Free! both had too many dudes showing too much skin and I didn't like it. Though I don't consider this one especially petty, at least not unless people start considering people disliking stuff for reasons relating to ecchi/fanservice petty as well. I think the supposed "fujobait" should fall under that same category.

FREE! is definitely a fan service show but they are swimmers. Like how much clothes were they suppose to wear at the pool exactly?
Aug 16, 2017 6:37 PM

Nov 2014
Probably dropping Kill la Kill. Seemed like a poor excuse for fanservice, with a rather standard revenge plot. Everything was supposed to be over the top, the action, the character designs, the characters... but it just isn't the kind of show I can watch episodes after episodes of.

I've probably dropped shows for pettier reasons, but this is just fresh in my head because I just tried picking it back up, and failed.

Aidoru-Ojisan said:
I dropped Tenshi no 3P! after realizing the dude who directed Ro-Kyu-Bu! was directing it *queue angry lolicon mob* lmao

As much as I like cute lolicon-like characters, even Ryo-Kyu-Bu was going too far for me.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Aug 16, 2017 6:39 PM

Apr 2013
BurningSpirit said:
Probably dropping Kill la Kill. Seemed like a poor excuse for fanservice, with a rather standard revenge plot. Everything was supposed to be over the top, the action, the character designs, the characters... but it just isn't the kind of show I can watch episodes after episodes of.

I've probably dropped shows for pettier reasons, but this is just fresh in my head because I just tried picking it back up, and failed.

Aidoru-Ojisan said:

As much as I like cute lolicon-like characters, even Ryo-Kyu-Bu was going too far for me.

First episode of Tenshi was fine, was hoping it was gonna be a decent music Anime with cute lolis doing rock- that's until episode 2 that is... *sirens blaring outside my door lmao*

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 16, 2017 6:40 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Mell8 said:
for not having enough females to look at.

lol just lol'd irl, cause this is almost always the main reason i don't continue an anime, if i don't like the girls.. then i generally don't watch... although i obviously don't find it "petty"

anyway, for me, its probably "it had too many episodes"
Aug 16, 2017 6:41 PM

Mar 2017
Kimi ni Todoke Ep1. Fastest anime ever dropped. Why? Because the sh!thead female MC was doing a monologue about how awkward she feels when the awkward stick is one of the easiest thing to portray in a show not tell fashion. It's like the anime was belittling my intellect that it felt the need to spell things out for me. F*ck you, random Chinese cartoon. I'm smarter than you are, now and always.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Aug 16, 2017 6:43 PM

Oct 2014
I dropped Hidamari Sketch because the character designs looked weird to me. After completing it I didn't really think any more highly of it.
Aug 16, 2017 6:44 PM

May 2017
if i dont like the characters' design, i dont even watch the show.
i am shitposter. dont take me seriously.
Aug 16, 2017 6:47 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Lanz said:
Manaban said:
I hated the way PASWG looked. I hated the way it sounded. I hated the way it tried to be funny. I hated how loud, brash, and obnoxious it was. Overall I just hated it for what it was, and it took me all of 12 minutes to realize that there will be nothing for me there.

Not petty at all, isn't it?
Like, you can't dislike anything more.

I kind of came to that realization that this thread was mostly about silly reasons for disliking something and I feel like the silliest thing about my dislike for PASWG is how annoyed I make myself when I complain about it, so I removed it from my post ._.

Stripesu said:
Manaban said:

FREE! is definitely a fan service show but they are swimmers. Like how much clothes were they suppose to wear at the pool exactly?

That one is a special case because I watched it in a swap with a friend (we said he'd watch Haganai, my personal favorite series, and in return I would watch Free!, his favorite series) and thus we did. One episode each, and unsurprisingly a straight guy liked a Free! about as much as a gay guy liked a harem/ecchi, so we both dropped it either series after one episode and left it at that xP

Honestly, otherwise I find it highly doubtful I would've watched it. But since my reason is "too much male skin being put on display" I felt it was worth a mention, even though I disagree with the notion that it's petty in of itself since the inverse, with female fanservice, isn't usually considered petty.
ManabanAug 16, 2017 6:55 PM

Aug 2017
Dropped some series because of my incredibile laziness. Sometimes I drop some for their slow pace at the beginning (it's so stupid I know 'cause almost every time the Anime boosts up after a couple of episodes).

Dec 2012
Manaban said:

In my case, I generally just avoid most of this stuff altogether, and just pass on it during the selection process when I read the plot and watch trailers because it's quite evident what they are, so it wouldn't even get to the dropping stage.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 16, 2017 6:55 PM

Feb 2017
I dropped Fukumenkei Noise because it has the music tag but I thought the MC's singing in ep 1 was shit :') (it also seemed like a pretty shit romance, but usually I'm happy to stick with shit romance :P)
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Aug 16, 2017 7:12 PM

Nov 2011
I don't think I've dropped anything for petty reasons so far. The closest thing is probably Saekano, which I dropped because Tomoya was too annoying. I liked Kato and the other girls were okay, but Tomoya was often painful to watch.

le_halfhand_easy said:
Kimi ni Todoke Ep1. Fastest anime ever dropped. Why? Because the sh!thead female MC was doing a monologue about how awkward she feels when the awkward stick is one of the easiest thing to portray in a show not tell fashion. It's like the anime was belittling my intellect that it felt the need to spell things out for me. F*ck you, random Chinese cartoon. I'm smarter than you are, now and always.

That was more showing how much Sawako overthinks everything and is overly self-conscious than it was belittling intellect. That aspect of the show dramatically decreases after a few episodes once she starts making some friends, but her naivety/innocence mostly remains for the rest of the first season. Haven't seen the second season yet though.
Aug 16, 2017 7:25 PM

Mar 2017
TripleSRank said:

That was more showing how much Sawako overthinks everything and is overly self-conscious than it was belittling intellect. That aspect of the show dramatically decreases after a few episodes once she starts making some friends, but her naivety/innocence mostly remains for the rest of the first season. Haven't seen the second season yet though.

Yeah, well, we're talking about the pettiest reasons we've dropped a show. And that was the pettiest reason I dropped a show. I don't think badly of Kimi ni Todoke because I haven't watched it in its entirety. I just think badly of Episode 1.
Aug 16, 2017 7:27 PM

Nov 2011
le_halfhand_easy said:
TripleSRank said:

Yeah, well, we're talking about the pettiest reasons we've dropped a show. And that was the pettiest reason I dropped a show. I don't think badly of Kimi ni Todoke because I haven't watched it in its entirety. I just think badly of Episode 1.

Oh yeah, it's cool. I didn't take it that way. I was just sharing generally, not trying to argue.
Aug 16, 2017 7:32 PM

Mar 2017
TripleSRank said:

Oh yeah, it's cool. I didn't take it that way. I was just sharing generally, not trying to argue.

Okay, now I'm genuinely curious. Did I really seriously sound like a guy trying to pick a fight? Because this isn't the first time this happened.

^^^And no, that isn't me trying to pick a fight :(
Aug 16, 2017 7:32 PM

Sep 2011
Tokyo Ravens just because the girl that I was starting to like suddenly died.

Aug 16, 2017 7:37 PM

Nov 2011
le_halfhand_easy said:
TripleSRank said:

Okay, now I'm genuinely curious. Did I really seriously sound like a guy trying to pick a fight? Because this isn't the first time this happened.

^^^And no, that isn't me trying to pick a fight :(

No, you didn't. I was just clarifying that I didn't think you were bashing the show, and thus I wasn't trying to argue with you about it. I thought you thought I was upset (since you mentioned that we're in the "petty reasons" thread), which is why I clarified.

We're cool. I don't think you were trying to start anything at any point here.
Aug 16, 2017 7:39 PM
Aug 2016
Re:Zero, the synonym for the word "Bullshit"
Aug 16, 2017 7:41 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Hussin said:
if i dont like the characters' design, i dont even watch the show.

this is another huge turn off for me.. if i don't even want to look at the screen.. why would i watch?
Aug 16, 2017 7:42 PM

Mar 2017
TripleSRank said:

No, you didn't. I was just clarifying that I didn't think you were bashing the show, and thus I wasn't trying to argue with you about it. I thought you thought I was upset (since you mentioned that we're in the "petty reasons" thread), which is why I clarified.

So we're trying to out-Canadian each other eh? np :P
Aug 16, 2017 7:48 PM

Apr 2013
le_halfhand_easy said:
TripleSRank said:

So we're trying to out-Canadian each other eh? np :P

Ayy, think I can join in eh? (no seriously fellow Canadian here I live in the ghetto tho lmao)

Ascended Taste
Aug 16, 2017 7:53 PM

Mar 2017
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Ayy, think I can join in eh? (no seriously fellow Canadian here I live in the ghetto tho lmao)

Sorry, I think I speak for both me and Triple S when I say we want to leave this awkward conversation behind. Sorry.

Aug 16, 2017 7:55 PM

Apr 2013
le_halfhand_easy said:
Aidoru-Ojisan said:

Sorry, I think I speak for both me and Triple S when I say we want to leave this awkward conversation behind. Sorry. xD

Oh that's no problem eh, nice to see you both politely end that awkward conversation like how many Canadians would lol

Ascended Taste
Aug 16, 2017 7:57 PM

Feb 2016
Well, I guess it can be seen as petty that I dropped Pokemon XY...

I watched Black & White and then caught up with XY and started watching week to week on TV.

One week, I overslept and missed the premiere. I got a little salty when I finally found a rerun and it was just like a Pokemon Pageant episode (One of the episodes I don't really care about) and just decided to stop watching.

I could always go back, but I don't really care about Pokemon right now. So, whatever.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Aug 16, 2017 7:57 PM

Sep 2009
Cowboy Bebop, because I watched it out of order, somehow managed to hit all of the fillers, and thought it was boring as fk.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Aug 16, 2017 8:01 PM
Jul 2018
BurningSpirit said:
Probably dropping Kill la Kill. Seemed like a poor excuse for fanservice, with a rather standard revenge plot. Everything was supposed to be over the top, the action, the character designs, the characters...

This. I don't like the director anyway.

One Piece: hate the art style and LONG
Naruto: LONG and my friends said to me that it has too many fillers, it gets annoying
Bleach: ^ same and I watched ca 10 episodes: I don't like the MC and you should, if you are stuck with him for so many episodes.
Fairy Tail: also long and I'm too lazy to catch up. It just doesn't seem "worth it" for me (no 'fense Fairy Tail fans ^^)
Mob Psycho 100: Art style.
Black Bullet: loli harem
Danganronpa: Art style
Lucky Star: art style
Texhnolyze and Lain: was bored ^^"
removed-userAug 16, 2017 8:05 PM
Aug 16, 2017 8:06 PM

Jul 2013
I dropped a show for no reason other than it's trash.
Aug 16, 2017 8:15 PM
Mar 2017
I dropped Black Jack :P and often I become angry about long series and plan to drop them, :( but my curiosity pushes me through them :3
Aug 16, 2017 8:21 PM
Nov 2016
lazypigz said:

You're really not making them like the fanbase anymore by saying this.

Aug 16, 2017 8:21 PM

Jul 2015
Oh nice I actually have a good one.

I dropped Skip Beat! because I sneezed while watching. That's it. I sneezed and convinced myself I had missed something important. It was a while ago and I obviously wasn't enjoying it, but I have never ended an episode mid-way and then dropped the show.
Aug 16, 2017 8:38 PM

Jul 2017
Zephaas said:
lazypigz said:

You're really not making them like the fanbase anymore by saying this.
well that's pretty much the only reason I can see why anyone would drop this show. It's like saying you would drop Mahou Shoujo Madoka or AoT because you don't like it's art style.
Re:zero is only good because it's MC wasn't a Kirito

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Aug 16, 2017 9:48 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
lazypigz said:

Re:zero is only good because it's MC wasn't a Kirito

Sounds like an immediate sales pitch to me.

existentialist said:
Oh nice I actually have a good one.

I dropped Skip Beat! because I sneezed while watching. That's it. I sneezed and convinced myself I had missed something important. It was a while ago and I obviously wasn't enjoying it, but I have never ended an episode mid-way and then dropped the show.

You aren't missing shit. The manga is still going and nothing gets achieved.
Aug 16, 2017 9:52 PM

Aug 2013
i remember i dropped an anime because the MC was a trap, dont remember which anime tho
Aug 16, 2017 10:11 PM

Nov 2014
chunng said:
i remember i dropped an anime because the MC was a trap, dont remember which anime tho

I don't know, I'd say it actually seems like a very good reason to check it out. If anyone has any idea what series this is, then I wouldn't might watching. Unless it's a hentai... then never mind.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Aug 16, 2017 10:30 PM

Dec 2015
I´m too cool for dropping shows.

Sound effect
Aug 16, 2017 10:44 PM
Jul 2012
The story wasn't good enough for me to care so once I saw a nail polish whore I just dropped it.

I hate nail polish
Aug 16, 2017 10:45 PM
Have a nice day

Apr 2017
Tamako Market, solely because of this.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Your favourite romance ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Yesterday

75 by Izumi_mugan »»
4 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 22

49 by Atmogenic »»
7 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece part 2 (the sequel)

Cyborgium - Apr 25

6 by Rinrinka »»
11 minutes ago

» What animes/manga where you suprised where made by the same creator?

Lol1268 - Apr 22

22 by ST63LTH »»
13 minutes ago

» What anime tend to get grouped together despite being at least somewhat different from each other, in your opinion? (Think Barbie and Oppenheimer)

arinthach - Apr 11

23 by ST63LTH »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.