Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 2, 2017 2:42 PM

Jul 2013
Personally, I am interested in almost everything here, the only one that I am not interested in is Saint Seiya and that is because I have not watched the original. Not because it is CGI like some people are complaining about. CGI isn't necessarily bad people.
Aug 2, 2017 3:23 PM

Mar 2016
Devilman PV looks freaking awesome!! and Baki too!?!? Oh man, can't wait for the PV! :D
Aug 2, 2017 3:49 PM

Jan 2017
I look forward to checking some these animes out on Netflix
Aug 2, 2017 5:01 PM

Jul 2014
meh, nothing interesting, then again its netflix...
Aug 2, 2017 6:35 PM
Jan 2009
Funding is great if they can get more dubs out, more territories, and even give the dub VA a bit better pay. However, the binge-watching approach (assuming it's a TV series) is not. Here's an idea, Netflix: if you don't go with the uncut and weekly simulcast approach, how about waiting until a show is finished airing in Japan to license it? Alternatively, you help fund the show but a company like Funi is the actual distributor (home video and streaming).
Aug 2, 2017 6:50 PM

Mar 2015
the fuuuutuuureee is here... lot of them already familiar....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 2, 2017 6:58 PM

Apr 2017
>All I need is a fully adaptation of Despera funded by Netflix

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Aug 2, 2017 7:06 PM
May 2015
DatRandomDude said:
Swagernator said:
So... another of those anime shows for which someone must make subs ? Thanks Netflix.

Most (if not all) of them arent even going to air in TV in Japan, they will be released in one go for everyone on Netflix only. (Japan included)
Says who? Netflix Original Anime has always been simulcast in Japan only. They also air on Japanese TV. It's only the rest of the word that doesn't get the simulcast treatment.

One example is from Fate/Apocrypha's airing time:

Seriously, where did you hear that Netflix's Anime doesn't air on Japanese TV and doesn't get a weekly simulcast?

Aug 2, 2017 8:34 PM

Sep 2011
I for one welcome Netflix funding anime, pretty interested in the bones show.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 2, 2017 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
Overall four badass anime in my eye and the most interesting should be anything BONES produces no matter how worse the synosis is.

EDIT: Gah, I thought Bones could target more interesting anime. The trailer didn't please me. I wanted to see some of the shounen title from them... well anyway there is some other underrated anime already on the lineup schedule (FMPIV!, CGR3[It should come by next year!], FSN:HF2 etc), but I guess we won't see BKAs3 or any shounen title anime from BONES :(

For Baki, I might have to force myself watch the old one asap and read the manga asap. Sports anime always a pleasure thing to watch!

Devilman Remake Edition looks cool but did it mention 10 episode?

removed-userAug 2, 2017 9:02 PM
Aug 2, 2017 9:10 PM

Dec 2014
AICO looks really interesting, might watch Saint Seiya despite it being CG since I haven't seen the series before.

Devilman looks cool as well.
Aug 2, 2017 11:37 PM

Dec 2012
Does anyone know how Little witch academia is doing on netflix?

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Aug 3, 2017 2:03 AM

Jan 2015
Interested in A.I.C.A. and Lost Song

Netflix anime have always great quality production + hits

I'm so glad right now that I have a Netflix account
Aug 3, 2017 2:21 AM

Jan 2015
Paulo27 said:
Disappointed Lost Song has no animation to show yet, LIDEN too...

A.I.C.O: Incarnation looks alrightish? Hope Kazuya Murata can make that work. Not as high quality as Gargantia on the looks but the style is similar and I dig that.
It does look more like Captain Earth-Bones than the Bones that has done recent stuff but I won't be totally pessimist about it.

It does look like Kazuto Nakazawa is making the designs for B: The Beginning along with directing so at least the character will look nice but I have no idea what he has to offer as a director.
his previous works as director didn't turn out so well, i wouldn't be so sure about it but I'm hopeful
Aug 3, 2017 2:46 AM

Feb 2016
Looool
more binge watching and chilling
Aug 3, 2017 5:06 AM
Jan 2016
I am quite interested in AICO. From the PV, it's looking pretty good visually. I am not really sure about everything else though. I trust the director will deliver a good anime.

Xenocrisi said:

Really? Could you give some examples? I am pretty sure Netflix-produced anime so far haven't always been great and become greatest hits among anime fans.
Aug 3, 2017 5:30 AM

Jan 2015
TheServant said:
I am quite interested in AICO. From the PV, it's looking pretty good visually. I am not really sure about everything else though. I trust the director will deliver a good anime.

Xenocrisi said:

Really? Could you give some examples? I am pretty sure Netflix-produced anime so far haven't always been great and become greatest hits among anime fans.

Nanatsu no Taizai, Little Witch Academia and Ajin

And no, I don't mean hits in Japan. When I say "hits" I mean "anime with positive feedback" here in MAL
Aug 3, 2017 5:47 AM
Jan 2016
Xenocrisi said:

And no, I don't mean hits in Japan. When I say "hits" I mean "anime with positive feedback" here in MAL

I do not think any of those are produced by Netflix. They're simply being streamed by Netflix.
Aug 3, 2017 5:48 AM

Jan 2015
TheServant said:
Xenocrisi said:

I do not think any of those are produced by Netflix. They're simply being streamed by Netflix.

Well you are wrong
I'm quite sure about it
Aug 3, 2017 5:51 AM
Jan 2016
Xenocrisi said:
Well you are wrong
I'm quite sure about it

Could you give me some proof? Maybe an article stating that those anime were made with Netflix as a producer?
Aug 3, 2017 5:59 AM

Jan 2015
TheServant said:
Xenocrisi said:
Well you are wrong
I'm quite sure about it

Could you give me some proof? Maybe an article stating that those anime were made with Netflix as a producer?

I'm sorry if I told you you were wrong. In fact I Was going to edit it, oh well.

Oh well. The only proof I have is the "Netflix" writing when you look at the anime in the home. Often "netflix original" appears at the ending (or at the beginning) of the video
Aug 3, 2017 6:07 AM
Jan 2016
Xenocrisi said:
I'm sorry if I told you you were wrong. In fact I Was going to edit it, oh well.

No hard feelings.
Aug 3, 2017 8:33 AM

Jan 2011
why did Saint Seiya had to be CG? whatever man

to think its been 6 years since Lost Canvas season 2 ended
Aug 3, 2017 8:40 PM

Aug 2016
Why Rilakkuma of all things ???

Aug 3, 2017 11:07 PM

Feb 2017
The remake of Saint Seiya sounds interesting, i wonder how will it go with CG, I hope they keep their Godly soundtrack like the 80's series, please!
Aug 6, 2017 3:34 AM

Oct 2013
silversaint said:

Because Legend of the sanctuary.

Also Lost Canvas anime adaptations as nothing to do with the rest of the franchise.
Aug 6, 2017 5:27 AM

Mar 2015
bigivelfhq said:
silversaint said:

Also Lost Canvas anime adaptations as nothing to do with the rest of the franchise.

aren't they flopping? that's what least thing i heard from it...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 6, 2017 5:40 PM
Aug 7, 2017 5:34 AM

Jul 2014
Saint Seiya series - YES
CG - UGHHHH (metal armour effects still echoing in head)

Aug 8, 2017 1:33 AM

Oct 2013
Kuma said:
bigivelfhq said:

aren't they flopping? that's what least thing i heard from it...

Nope, Saint Seiya franchise is pretty good. So good it will get this new remake and the Santia anime.
Aug 9, 2017 12:53 PM

May 2014
Devilman is must watch, the rest of the shows look like cheap generic garbage
Aug 9, 2017 6:34 PM

Jul 2011
Kadmos said:
Here's an idea, Netflix: if you don't go with the uncut and weekly simulcast approach, how about waiting until a show is finished airing in Japan to license it?

If they do that, someone else will get the license. Licensing starts sometimes years or months before the season begins.

Kadmos said:
Alternatively, you help fund the show but a company like Funi is the actual distributor (home video and streaming).

That will be a bad business idea for them. You fund a show because you expect to get something, and for netflix, that's either 1) new subscribers or 2) content their current subscribers they want. They fund a show so they can put it on their platform.
Nov 26, 2018 7:05 PM

Nov 2007
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya new key visual
Summer 2019
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/309609

Rilakkuma to Kaoru-san key visual
Kaoru-san: Mikako Tabe (Kimi ni Todoke live-action Sawako)
April 19, 2019
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/309621

Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Teaser
https://moca-news.net/article/20181209/2018120910000a_/01/
tsubasaloverDec 8, 2018 6:26 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
8 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
4 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.