Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 8, 2017 6:25 AM
Feb 2017
So it was recently announced in one of the most recent light novel titles of konosuba that the autor has cut ties with the animation studio. Though he said he wishes to work with them in the future, for now this means no season 3. I dont know if he has other plans but that is the only reasonable conlusion. The light novel will meet its end in maybe 3 volumes including volume 11 so who knows what he will do after that, since compressing 5 volumes (picking of after volume 4 where the anime left off) in a 14 ep or more series shouldnt be that hard ( i hope) . We all love konosuba im sure and this is just too sad but it is what it is. That isnt to say that konosuba cant get season 3 in the future, just not for now.
Neverendingfear2Jun 9, 2017 6:56 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 8, 2017 6:28 AM

Sep 2016
it just stopped being funny in season 2
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 8, 2017 6:29 AM

Oct 2012
people would just wait for the anime so it's a smart decision
Jun 8, 2017 6:30 AM

Mar 2008
and nothing of value was lost. .....

Jun 8, 2017 6:33 AM

Aug 2015
Season 3 was never even announced!

autor has cut ties with the animation studio
It's DEEN we're talking about after all.. I wouldn't be surprised if the author was disappointed with DEEN's artstyle ( specially after how they butchered Lalatina and YunYun's design)..
Z-DanteJun 8, 2017 6:36 AM
Jun 8, 2017 6:34 AM
Jun 8, 2017 6:36 AM
Feb 2017
No the latest volume in the ln states it in the end
Jun 8, 2017 6:37 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
How can something that was never confirmed or even announced in the first place be "cancelled"?
Jun 8, 2017 6:37 AM
Feb 2017
Z-Dante said:
Season 3 was never even announced!

autor has cut ties with the animation studio
It's DEEN we're talking about after all.. I wouldn't be surprised if the author was disappointed with DEEN's artstyle ( specially after how they butchered Lalatina and YunYun's design)..
it was sure that it would be out plus if you actually watched the last episode till the end it says " and this is just the beg-" and gets cut off hinting towards season 3
Jun 8, 2017 6:38 AM

Apr 2017
Dingus quit ranting cause it's not even confirmed in the first place.And nice wasting time in your thread btw.
-HippySnob-Jun 8, 2017 6:49 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jun 8, 2017 6:40 AM

Apr 2016
There was never 100% chance we get third season so calm down boy.
Jun 8, 2017 6:40 AM
Feb 2017
HaXXspetten said:
How can something that was never confirmed or even announced in the first place be "cancelled"?
i changed it if it bothers people but the show hinted towards season 3 in the end of the season by saying " this is just the beg-" and then gets cut off
Jun 8, 2017 6:41 AM

Jan 2016
There is a rule in the anime medium.

Never watch a LN adaptation if you are not 100% that it's complete.
Jun 8, 2017 6:42 AM

Aug 2015
Neverendingfear2 said:
it was sure that it would be out plus if you actually watched the last episode till the end it says " and this is just the beg-" and gets cut off hinting towards season 3
Eh no.. I think that was just crunchyroll being an ass and cutting off in the middle of the endcard..

In the original broadcast Kazuma totally finished his sentence saying "And this is just the beginning of our grand adventure in this wonderful world!".. ( And I'm pretty sure it's just an AD for the light novel..)
Jun 8, 2017 6:43 AM
Feb 2017
Swagernator said:
There was never 100% chance we get third season so calm down boy.
yeah sure its still annoying that other titles are getting 3-4 seasons and one of the most popular ln's in japan isnt though
Jun 8, 2017 6:45 AM
Feb 2017
Z-Dante said:
Neverendingfear2 said:
Eh no.. I think that was just crunchyroll being an ass and cutting off in the middle of the endcard..

In the original broadcast Kazuma totally finished his sentence saying "And this is just the beginning of our grand adventure in this wonderful world!".. ( And I'm pretty sure it's just an AD for the light novel..)
oh well thats kinda stupid gave me high hopes and all
Jun 8, 2017 6:46 AM
Feb 2017
RnDNEET021 said:
Dingus quit ranting cause it's not even confirmed in the first place. Nice wasting with your thread btw.
worry about your own threads and your english most of all
Jun 8, 2017 6:48 AM
Feb 2017
Johnnyd3rp said:

i always fall for that but its alright idrc as long as its worth the watch and is entertaining
Jun 8, 2017 6:51 AM
Feb 2017
jayss said:
people would just wait for the anime so it's a smart decision
i dont really think people will wait that much except for the hardcore light novel fans who will stick around to see all the jokes animated.
Jun 8, 2017 6:54 AM

Dec 2015
Johnnyd3rp said:

And yet you gave an 8 and 9 to Spice and Wolf despite it being an incomplete LN adaptation.
Jun 8, 2017 6:57 AM

Jan 2016
Bobby2Hands said:
Johnnyd3rp said:

And yet you gave an 8 and 9 to Spice and Wolf despite it being an incomplete LN adaptation.

That's when i still was a retard, now i tend to avoid most of them or questioning the people who are watching them if it's episodic or has a satisfying ending.
Jun 8, 2017 6:57 AM

Jun 2008
IN OTHER NEWS!!!

Spice and Wolf Season 3 has been cancelled!

Wolf-girl fans around the world committing mass suicide as I type!!!
Jun 8, 2017 6:58 AM

Jul 2013
I didn't expected one either, so...

Wonder how my boi @Robiiii will react to this.
Jun 8, 2017 6:59 AM
Feb 2017
JustALEX said:
IN OTHER NEWS!!!

Spice and Wolf Season 3 has been cancelled!

Wolf-girl fans around the world committing mass suicide as I type!!!

hahahhaha never watched spice and wolf or read it, gonna get into that soon
Jun 8, 2017 6:59 AM

Apr 2016
_Ako_ said:
Ehhh...

I'm sure FB told you that... :/

Never trust FB Anime page posts. I stopped using fb a long ago anyway.
Jun 8, 2017 7:02 AM

Aug 2016
Ok one less anime that I need to watch.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jun 8, 2017 7:03 AM
Feb 2017
Johnnyd3rp said:
Bobby2Hands said:

That's when i still was a retard, now i tend to avoid most of them or questioning the people who are watching them if it's episodic or has a satisfying ending.

Dont change your opinion or call yourself a retard because you enjoyed sth. Even if it doesnt get a season 3 i still love konosuba either way, if you enjoyed sth rate it how you prefer. Anyways enough dumb lecturing for the day opinions are opinions no reason to fight
Jun 8, 2017 7:04 AM
Feb 2017
Omkar_Nagwade said:
_Ako_ said:
Ehhh...

I'm sure FB told you that... :/

Never trust FB Anime page posts. I stopped using fb a long ago anyway.

As i said it was stated in the latest light novel volume by the author himself and is 100% true. Ive deleted fb since it became fake af.
Jun 8, 2017 7:07 AM

Dec 2015
Johnnyd3rp said:
Bobby2Hands said:

Well if you ask me that's just pointlessly limiting yourself. There are some great shows out there that are episodic or have crappy endings.
It doesn't all have to be about the destination, sometimes you can just enjoy the journey.
Jun 8, 2017 7:11 AM

Jan 2016
Bobby2Hands said:
Johnnyd3rp said:

Well if you ask me that's just pointlessly limiting yourself. There are some great shows out there that are episodic or have crappy endings.
It doesn't all have to be about the destination, sometimes you can just enjoy the journey.

The jorney can go fuck himself if the whole anime is just a "read and buy the LN".
Jun 8, 2017 7:16 AM

Dec 2015
Illyricus said:

I already had depression when right after s2 nothing further was announced

Also heard in interview that he's not working with em (atm)

Oh and Im not sure if OP's words really confuse me. Anime ended on vol 4, not vol 9 lmao
Jun 8, 2017 7:17 AM

Dec 2015
Johnnyd3rp said:
Bobby2Hands said:

The jorney can go fuck himself if the whole anime is just a "read and buy the LN".

But do you really expect studios to adapt the entirety something that might span several novels? (17 in the case of Spice and Wolf) That's a herculean task and not something that anyone should rightly expect.

And suggesting that studios only make anime to encourage people to go buy the LN is both cynical and misguided. The anime studio doesn't get paid for LN sales so why would they give a damn if you go buy the LN after you watch the anime?
Jun 8, 2017 7:21 AM

Jul 2013
Robiiii said:
Illyricus said:

That third season must be along with the ones of Spice and Wolf and Index, probably.
Jun 8, 2017 7:26 AM
Feb 2017
Unconcerned said:
From translations i've seen his note in the latest novel was just thanking the studio and hoping for more to be animated in the future. Feels like people are just choosing to read into that more.

In the end the second cour just aired not that long ago give it some time.

well ive seen screenshots of translations saying otherwise but i guess thats just the translator translating the wrong things ? Well whatever i hope im not spreading wrong info since tokyosaurus has reported on this as well which made me believe it a bit more. Ive also heard that the author said similar things in interviews but oh well i hope im wrong and ill give it some time as you say.
Jun 8, 2017 7:29 AM
Feb 2017
Robiiii said:
Illyricus said:

Oh and Im not sure if OP's words really confuse me. Anime ended on vol 4, not vol 9 lmao

woahhhh thats so true ive read ahead in ln and ive completely forgot, confused it probably with another anime series. My bad ill correct that
Jun 8, 2017 7:31 AM

May 2017
It wasn't confirmed that a third season is in the making though.
Jun 8, 2017 7:32 AM

Jun 2015
As much as I like konosuba, it's better this way.
It stopped being funny in S2, the ln is gold though.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jun 8, 2017 7:33 AM
Feb 2017
Blueberry-san said:
it was very likely considering it is top selling in japan. Whatever though ill wait patiently for a hint and if not the light novels are still funny
Jun 8, 2017 7:40 AM

May 2017
Neverendingfear2 said:
Blueberry-san said:
it was very likely considering it is top selling in japan. Whatever though ill wait patiently for a hint and if not the light novels are still funny

But that doesn't mean it will get a third season.
Many popular anime don't ever get anymore seasons. Just look at Spice and Wolf. A third season would be perfect and it would tie up the anime perfectly. But it doesn't seem like that will happen.

Also, the comedy isn't that great anymore in the second season as it was in the first season.
Jun 8, 2017 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
Damn that's a shame then. Since I thought the second season was better than the first season tbh, was way funnier at least to me but oh well. I might move to the LN but then again that depends if my mood hits in in reading stuff again.
Jun 8, 2017 7:55 AM
Feb 2017
Blueberry-san said:
Neverendingfear2 said:

But that doesn't mean it will get a third season.
Many popular anime don't ever get anymore seasons. Just look at Spice and Wolf. A third season would be perfect and it would tie up the anime perfectly. But it doesn't seem like that will happen.

Also, the comedy isn't that great anymore in the second season as it was in the first season.

i didnt say it would get a third season i said any possibility is just not there for NOW since the author is done collaborating with the studio . Thats just that, in the future as i said when the author finishes the novel or even before that i have high hopes that maybe it will happen.

Well the comedy in the ln is much better and i just finished vol 10 recently, but its still entertaining in the anime.
Jun 8, 2017 7:56 AM
Feb 2017
Unconcerned said:
Neverendingfear2 said:

well ive seen screenshots of translations saying otherwise but i guess thats just the translator translating the wrong things ? Well whatever i hope im not spreading wrong info since tokyosaurus has reported on this as well which made me believe it a bit more. Ive also heard that the author said similar things in interviews but oh well i hope im wrong and ill give it some time as you say.
I think it the confusion boils down to saying they "cut ties" which implies negativity, they just are done with the collaboration. No plans for season 3 doesn't mean they would not collaborate again.

yeah i really hope they do but i dont see it happening soon , anyways ill wait while reading the lns
Jun 8, 2017 7:58 AM
Feb 2017
Symphyon said:
Damn that's a shame then. Since I thought the second season was better than the first season tbh, was way funnier at least to me but oh well. I might move to the LN but then again that depends if my mood hits in in reading stuff again.

it was hard for me at first to read the light novel but honestly the comedy is there and its very good, i recommend it and i too enjoyed the second season but not more than the first one.
Jun 8, 2017 8:17 AM

Oct 2016
>tfw you can't even read the light novel,
Jun 8, 2017 8:20 AM
Feb 2017
Cjakarin said:
Cjakarin said:
why can you not ? Theres translations out there
Jun 8, 2017 8:22 AM

Jun 2016
Neverendingfear2 said:
So it was recently announced in one of the most recent light novel titles of konosuba that the autor has cut ties with the animation studio. Though he said he wishes to work with them in the future, for now this means no season 3. I dont know if he has other plans but that is the only reasonable conlusion. The light novel will meet its end in maybe 3 volumes including volume 11 so who knows what he will do after that, since compressing 5 volumes (picking of after volume 4 where the anime left off) in a 14 ep or more series shouldnt be that hard ( i hope) . We all love konosuba im sure and this is just too sad but it is what it is. ACTUALLY IM PISSED DUDE I NEED KONOSUBA SEASON 3 NOOWWW :(

recently announced? it was like 3 weeks ago
Jun 8, 2017 8:24 AM

Oct 2016
[quote=Neverendingfear2 message=51028198]
Cjakarin said:
Cjakarin said:
why can you not ? Theres translations out there[/quwote]
ik, but i like to read manga/LN legally if possible, and i can't buy it cause i'm living in this third world country.
edited = >tfw you can't even read the light novel legally,
Jun 8, 2017 8:29 AM
Feb 2017
[quote=Cjakarin]
Neverendingfear2 said:
Cjakarin said:
Cjakarin said:
why can you not ? Theres translations out there[/quwote]
ik, but i like to read manga/LN legally if possible, and i can't buy it cause i'm living in this third world country.
edited = >tfw you can't even read the light novel legally,
I live in greece and theres capital control so i cant buy as well , so illegal is the only way for me .
Jun 8, 2017 8:34 AM
Feb 2017
MiseryKeter said:
Neverendingfear2 said:
So it was recently announced in one of the most recent light novel titles of konosuba that the autor has cut ties with the animation studio. Though he said he wishes to work with them in the future, for now this means no season 3. I dont know if he has other plans but that is the only reasonable conlusion. The light novel will meet its end in maybe 3 volumes including volume 11 so who knows what he will do after that, since compressing 5 volumes (picking of after volume 4 where the anime left off) in a 14 ep or more series shouldnt be that hard ( i hope) . We all love konosuba im sure and this is just too sad but it is what it is. ACTUALLY IM PISSED DUDE I NEED KONOSUBA SEASON 3 NOOWWW :(

that is preety recent if you ask anybody here.
Jun 8, 2017 8:35 AM

Jun 2016
Neverendingfear2 said:
MiseryKeter said:

that is preety recent if you ask anybody here.
that's the stupidest excuse i've ever heard
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

341 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 28, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2017

234 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 28, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

298 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 27, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2017

223 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 16, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2017

171 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.