Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2017 11:17 AM

Apr 2010
But for someone who read the novel... is it really comedy? I miseed the comedy part in this epiaode. the "oh, I'm going to defeat him alone and let you die" isn't the funniest...

Apr 8, 2017 12:21 PM

Jul 2013
Darklighto said:

Anyways, we'll see if they can holdup this level of animation or if they just spend most of the budget on the first episode and key fight scenes after that to suck in more viewers.

Well, episode 2 held up animation-wise yes.
Apr 8, 2017 12:23 PM

Jul 2013
ibraheem234 said:
well The animation was good but still could not handle chinese..even though I have been studying it for the last four months

I thought the voice acting was pretty well done compared to some other Chinese shows and even some Japanese anime (insert cringy high pitched girly scream here).

I guess the Chinese is something people have to get used to here. I wasn't very bothered by it, but I'm regularly in contact with other Chinese people in RL.
Apr 8, 2017 12:24 PM

Jul 2013
HeicPy said:
fuck yeah! i waited for these type of anime, doesnt matter if its chinese its fucking good, the MC is very mature and smart, i really think so, MOTO MOTO!!!

if there would be more anime like this...

Instead we are hit by an onslaught of high school harem anime where the characters are super dull, generic, and the MC is thick as hell.
Apr 8, 2017 12:27 PM

Jul 2013
Vanschia said:
a legit Chinese Cartoon?!
holyshit, that was passed my expectation

kings avatar > SAO
ayyy

True true

Ye Xiu (MC) >>> Kirito

Didn't even need a harem.
Apr 8, 2017 12:29 PM

Jul 2013
TheGreatMizuti said:
I finally found a version with subtitles. I'm still gonna hold off on my thoughts about GLORY but I take back most of what I said about Ye's character. Now I actually know what he said, he's actually kind of a nice protagonist.

He's a troll protagonist! Well... towards his opponent mostly...
Apr 8, 2017 12:39 PM

Jun 2015
Very good first episode. Music is very good. Art and animation is great, except for the CG background crowd. It's off-putting. The action scenes were cool. MC is quite smart in what he does. He knows his stuff. He's also mature and polite. A show about e-sports is interesting. The portrayal is quite accurate. Looking forward to see more.
Apr 8, 2017 12:39 PM

Sep 2016
what a disappointment i almost never drop anime on first episode. But there is no way i can watch one more episode of this atrocity

Do not take life too seriously.
You will never get out of it alive.

Apr 8, 2017 12:57 PM

Jul 2015
Ok, I expected to drop this one after the first episode but I admit that it was actually pretty decent, must be that I play League of Legends, but seeing that girl rage or people calling noob to the others made me laugh so hard.
Apr 8, 2017 2:58 PM

Jan 2014
H1r0gen said:
what a disappointment i almost never drop anime on first episode. But there is no way i can watch one more episode of this atrocity

ummmmm~ How is this a atrocity? Doctor does not understand what you're saying
Apr 8, 2017 3:00 PM

Dec 2016
I'm not used to watching Chinese anime but I thought this was pretty good.

It didn't take as long as I thought to adapt to the language difference.

This MC is pretty cool. I think I will enjoy this.

Apr 8, 2017 3:14 PM
Aug 2015
SkyFullOfStars said:
HeicPy said:
fuck yeah! i waited for these type of anime, doesnt matter if its chinese its fucking good, the MC is very mature and smart, i really think so, MOTO MOTO!!!

if there would be more anime like this...

Instead we are hit by an onslaught of high school harem anime where the characters are super dull, generic, and the MC is thick as hell.

yeah im pretty tired of seeing non stop harem shit, where is these type of anime once in a year? wtf seriously
Apr 8, 2017 3:19 PM
Aug 2015
GangsterCat said:
chinese cartoon, that was quite good featuring washed up veteran BurNIng-GOD. but how is a grindy MMORPG an e-sports?
and burning just won DAC, pretty nice coincidence.

burning is farming god i agree, but boboka was the MVP of the tournament
Apr 8, 2017 3:33 PM

Mar 2015
This was so good and the animation is amazing I had high expectations for this one and I'm not disappointed definitely gonna look forward to the next episode

yeehaw
Apr 8, 2017 3:41 PM

Sep 2015
Kinda disappointed already as a reader of The King's Avatar LN...
Apr 8, 2017 4:11 PM
Apr 2017
GangsterCat said:
chinese cartoon, that was quite good featuring washed up veteran BurNIng-GOD. but how is a grindy MMORPG an e-sports?

This anime is literally a representation of BurNing's story. XD
He was irrelevant for an year and people called him washed up and overrated. Then, he came back to win it against the best team in the world in DAC. I feel like this retirement thing in the anime is actually so relatable to the Chinese dota scene . They retire for an year and come back too. XD
Apr 8, 2017 4:13 PM

Nov 2013
Interesting start.

The guy from his team was a total dickhead. And the blonde guy is the lowest of the low: being content with something, that someone else has achieved is pathetic.

The woman from the Internet café is not really the brightest.

Some nice action in the game.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 8, 2017 4:15 PM

Sep 2016
Kaigleser said:
GangsterCat said:

He was irrelevant for an year and people called him washed up and overrated. Then, he came back to win it against the best team in the world in DAC. I feel like this retirement thing in the anime is actually so relatable to the Chinese dota scene . They retire for an year and come back too. XD
classic chinese player with chinese retirement meme XD "hey guys i'm retiring" and then come back next season lmao
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 8, 2017 4:26 PM
Aug 2015
GangsterCat said:
Kaigleser said:

classic chinese player with chinese retirement meme XD "hey guys i'm retiring" and then come back next season lmao

its not like he won solo thee tournamnet, acutally boboka was the mvp of the all tournamnet but still burning farming GPM was best through out the tournament
Apr 8, 2017 4:44 PM
Apr 2017
HeicPy said:
GangsterCat said:

its not like he won solo thee tournamnet, acutally boboka was the mvp of the all tournamnet but still burning farming GPM was best through out the tournament

But BurNing is almost 30 years old now. BibleThump. Let's see if the dream is real and he can win a TI. I think he really is going to retire after TI7.
Apr 8, 2017 4:48 PM
Aug 2015
Kaigleser said:
HeicPy said:

But BurNing is almost 30 years old now. BibleThump. Let's see if the dream is real and he can win a TI. I think he really is going to retire after TI7.

for now IG is the strongest team so we might see a TI CHINA
Apr 8, 2017 5:25 PM

Nov 2014
I was really looking forward to this (I guess I am know for making some bad decisions) but WTF, indecipherable motivation to give up his account and then run away for 10 years LOL.

The game is the same a decade later and somehow they get all that interaction from a flat screen with no immersion gear at all?

It would Absolutely laughable crap if it wasn't so filled with goofy characters and a piss poor presentation of a supposed MMO.

I am generous giving this dumped crap 3/10.
Apr 8, 2017 5:36 PM

May 2008
Choostopher said:
I was really looking forward to this (I guess I am know for making some bad decisions) but WTF, indecipherable motivation to give up his account and then run away for 10 years LOL.

The game is the same a decade later and somehow they get all that interaction from a flat screen with no immersion gear at all?

It would Absolutely laughable crap if it wasn't so filled with goofy characters and a piss poor presentation of a supposed MMO.

Did you actually watch it? There was no time skip at all...

This I agree, no explanation of the game so far but only ep 1.
Apr 8, 2017 5:40 PM

Nov 2014
echiomega said:
Choostopher said:

Suffered through it, no pacing for sure in this, some mention of having to wait a year before signing up again and then she mentioned his 10 year old card. Really doesn't matter if he waited a decade or an hour before playing again it was still extremely poor.

Oh and before you take my personal dislike of this cartoon personally I loved Log Horizon which I fully admit was crap as well.
Apr 8, 2017 6:08 PM
Dec 2012
EfiChan said:
But for someone who read the novel... is it really comedy? I miseed the comedy part in this epiaode. the "oh, I'm going to defeat him alone and let you die" isn't the funniest...

Just finished this novel in Vietnamese (They have tons of translated Chinese novel compare to Japanese Light Novel and the language is pretty close). You guys can ask me anything.
Basically Lil Moon Moon tried to "accidentally" kill all of his teammate by using "aggro" (which is the case which damage dealer deal too much damage and tank cannot hold aggro, basic mmo term) in order to get all the loots and xp. He thought Ye Xiu is a noob and a healer so Moon Moon plan to keep him alive and kill him last in order to help kill the boss (He need a healer and he cannot kill the boss by himself). Ye Xiu realize he was messing with the aggro and stop healing to keep the aggro on Moon Moon. Ye Xiu also confident he can 1v1 the boss easily and wait till the guy die. The funny part is Moon Moon did not believe Ye Xiu can 1v1 the boss by himself so he start off by ordering- threatening then finally begging. He curse a lot at the end.
Apr 8, 2017 6:19 PM
Dec 2012
Choostopher said:

I think you misunderstood what was happening. He has already played for 10 years when the episode start and achieved a lot with the old account. He was forced to give up his character and stay out of the professional scene for 1 year. (the character is a property of the club, not his).

The game is on a flat screen but you can have 3D on a flat screen *PC master race*. The angle and view just to make the animation more interesting (instead of over his shoulder watching him play the game.
Apr 8, 2017 6:22 PM
Oct 2014
Choostopher said:
echiomega said:

Suffered through it, no pacing for sure in this, some mention of having to wait a year before signing up again and then she mentioned his 10 year old card. Really doesn't matter if he waited a decade or an hour before playing again it was still extremely poor.

Oh and before you take my personal dislike of this cartoon personally I loved Log Horizon which I fully admit was crap as well.

The ten year card is from when he first started playing the game... I don't know how you got a timeskip out of any of this xD
Apr 8, 2017 6:32 PM
Dec 2012
-Terpsichore- said:
I was under the impression that this would be based on a MOBA or DoTA type of game but seems to be inspired more by a type of game like Dungeon Fighter Online? interesting.

As far as the animation goes, nothing too flashy this episode, lots of CG but it seemed well handled and all the darkish and blueish tones seemed to mesh well with it and the inevitable plastic type look of CG animation.

So far it seems like an entirely adult cast and the interaction between the protagonist and the cafe owner were amusing, the small references to the type of terrible and shit talking players as well as esports organizations long tradition of wanting to fuck over their players makes me think that this is going to be a rather grounded story.

I have to say I enjoyed and I'm intrigued, will be looking forward to seeing some more of it.

The game is a combination of MMORPG and MOBA.
Apr 8, 2017 6:41 PM

Oct 2016
I'm hooked already. Love the premise and MC. I just hope that Mucheng girl doesn't turn into a Asuna.

A simple feeling that I can't seem to shake
Oh my love, you drive me crazy in the loveliest way
I stay up, all night just thinking bout' the things that you say
I call your phone and hope to hear your voice and all over again

I am in love...
Make me fall in love why don't you
Just make me fall in love again
I can't deny it I'm in love
In love... in love... in love... ♪

Apr 8, 2017 6:45 PM

Apr 2013
It was only untill the half of the episode that I noticed it was talked in chinese.
Interesting anime, defenitly gonna keep an eye on it.
Apr 8, 2017 7:13 PM

Jul 2013
Choostopher said:

This is the first episode, they can't explain everything in the first episode! As a novel reader, I don't understand where you get the ten-year timeskip from. His card is ten-years old because he's been playing the game with that card since the first server came out.
The motivation for giving up will probably be explained later. Anime these days are too focused on immersion gears and stuff. This is an actual computer game, an actual gaming Chinese animation.
Apr 8, 2017 7:22 PM

Jul 2014
I just want english subtitles for episode 2 to come out already. This show is awesome!
Apr 8, 2017 7:22 PM

Jul 2013
leave said:
I'm hooked already. Love the premise and MC. I just hope that Mucheng girl doesn't turn into a Asuna.

Well, she doesn't need much saving. I'm on chapter 597 of the novel and she hasn't turned into Asuna yet so it's alright.

Apr 8, 2017 8:02 PM

Aug 2013
SkyFullOfStars said:
Well, she doesn't need much saving. I'm on chapter 597 of the novel and she hasn't turned into Asuna yet so it's alright.

I don't think its spoilers but since it wasn't touched upon in the anime,
Apr 8, 2017 8:16 PM

Jul 2013

That's true... also I just reread chapter 1 and they talked a lot more in the novel than they did in the anime. But I guess the peeps just want to get to the action...

I remember that there were two female pro players in Glory
Apr 8, 2017 8:36 PM

May 2016
Choostopher said:

I suggest actually watching the episode instead of the whatever the fuck you were doing.
Apr 8, 2017 9:07 PM

Jul 2015
Mirorin said:
Be patient, the english subs are coming! Bayi's working on it right now: https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=70149

be wait'n...................................
Apr 8, 2017 9:28 PM
Dec 2012
-Terpsichore- said:
jedichicken said:

The game is a combination of MMORPG and MOBA.

So is it directly inspired by DFO or at least some other game in that style, right? because I only played DFO years ago but that does kind of seem like the way it worked with it and I think those types of games are hugely popular in China and have some small pro scenes.

I actually think I prefer it to it just being a MOBA type of game, since it gives more leeway to the type of in game situations that can happen, otherwise it may have been a little too much like the usual sports anime.

Apr 8, 2017 10:10 PM

Aug 2013
SkyFullOfStars said:
That's true... also I just reread chapter 1 and they talked a lot more in the novel than they did in the anime. But I guess the peeps just want to get to the action...

I remember that there were two female pro players in Glory

This was expected really, even most japanese novel adaption wasn't at the level we can consider great in the first place. Tbh we still don't know how far they are planning to take this adaption to but besides the game mechanics that might put some non-novel readers off, it's already very good from how I see it.
Apr 8, 2017 10:51 PM

Jul 2011
animeBee1ver said:
Mirorin said:
Be patient, the english subs are coming! Bayi's working on it right now: https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=70149

be wait'n...................................

The first episode is now out subbed on several sites. :)
Apr 8, 2017 10:58 PM

May 2016
This series is made by the company that also owns Riot Games which made League of Legends, no wonder the budget is so high.
Apr 9, 2017 2:41 AM

Oct 2013
This was good... at least there was switch from game to reality.
Apr 9, 2017 6:39 AM

Mar 2015
The melodrama is almost death note-tier, which is nice. Obviously visually pleasing for the most part though I did enjoy the real life segments more than the gaming content, if the anime will find a good balance it could be a nice ride.
Apr 9, 2017 7:40 AM

Oct 2016
Not bad, not bad at all. I'm surprised at the competence of my fellow countrymen.
Apr 9, 2017 10:09 AM

Aug 2015
it's actually not bad, hope the next episode is sub soon
Apr 9, 2017 1:57 PM

Sep 2016
hmm so far eps 1 was pretty cool only thing that bothered me was that damn cgi i hate seeing those 3d characters in backgrounds completely takes away the immersion, but yea art style is great 2d rendering on point and story i enjoy as well
Facta Non Verba
Apr 9, 2017 4:30 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, Chinese is really weird, Japanese sounds so much better. The anime looks great, though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2017 5:30 PM
May 2009
why did they have to make Mu Cheng's hair like Asuna's -_-
But otherwise the voice acting is not bad, I don't get the complaints.

It's more similar to Blade and Souls, not MOBA. LOL I played way too many games, it's actually really accurate how the charas are portrayed in the game.

But judging from the vibes of the original novel compared to others in the genre, its going to be an all out male Sue :D way more op than kirito. Audience who likes doses of losing and despair... it probably won't happen in this anime.

Overall can't wait for the whole season and beyond <3
AbyssluluApr 9, 2017 5:50 PM
Apr 9, 2017 8:39 PM

Jul 2013
Chinese animation sure feels different. But it's pretty good nonetheless. Feels like something I can get into.
lol
Apr 9, 2017 11:53 PM

Feb 2014
HeicPy said:
Kaigleser said:

for now IG is the strongest team so we might see a TI CHINA

Winning one lan tournament on home soil not does not make them strongest especially with a number of strong teams from europe and america missing from it.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjohn »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bubbletea - Apr 28, 2017

82 by AshleyHawk1 »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

163 by Nat_V »»
Oct 13, 2022 11:53 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - Jun 15, 2017

148 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 18, 2022 7:18 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jun 8, 2017

62 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 17, 2022 8:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.