Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 2, 2017 1:56 AM

Mar 2014
I have got drunk in every single country on planet earth including on the moon and I will categorically state here and now that the worst beer in the world is called pacena and it is brewed in bolivia.

I was as thirsty as an absolute dog one night in LaPaz and decided to go out for a few beers to the only english style bar in town, i was hoping to catch an english premier league game on tv. The barman told me a mas (we call them steins, a 1ltr mug) of pacena was about $4 asm opposed to the heineken which was $10 so i thought mmmm pacena we'll give that a crack i think, well fuck me if i didn't take one sip and nearly retch and people I am a bloke that loves my beer trust me, but this shit was goat semen. I thought it might've got a bad bit so i gave it another go and went another gulp. Nope, it was worse than the first sip.

I took the beer back up to the bar and politely asked for it to be poured down the sink where it should be, and can i please have a heineken. The barman was offended but i didn't give a damn, it wasn't my time to die just yet and i wasn't going to risk it by drinking that utter crap.

Just friendly word of warning for you beerhounds, do NOT drink pacena. It is terrible. Where most beers use highland spring water thes motherfuckers use sewerage with puss from a thousand pimples and sweat from a million dogs balls.

honourable mentions: sing Dao from China. Cheapest beer you can buy in Singapore... where a pint of regular beer in a pub will set you back $13.50. Tsing Dao is about $2 a can and tastes okay on the night - but the wind you get the next day is not pleasant, and the hangovers are particularly nasty.

Southwark. Anything by Southwark (except the Premium) is vile stuff

Two words - Taiwan Beer

SPEIGHTS, courtesy of NZ. Tastes like absolute crap. Had a mouthful, made the mistake of swallowing it rather than spitting it out (the taste buds were screaming for me not to do it). Imagine crossing Sarsparilla with Melbourne Bitter. Speights is a asshole drink. For NZ beer, TUI, is a good buy

last but not least I once made a homebrew lager that was so bad I tipped it on the roses and killed them.
BarryManilowApr 2, 2017 2:00 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2017 6:43 AM

Apr 2013
When it comes to beer I feel like I can drink most things, I don't think I've ever had anything that bad tbh but I've been to festivals where you take your own cans of beer (here it's usually Fosters or Carling) which by the time it's warm and flat after being transported, you might as well get your cat to piss in an empty tin.

There's a bit of thing going on here with craft beers that are mainly heavily citrus flavoured, some of them are utter and complete shite, but some are good. There's a couple of grapefruit ones that I like, Brewdog Elvis juice and Magic Rock high wire grapefruit are belters, the latter is from a local brewery though so I don't know how easy it is to get it.
Apr 2, 2017 3:05 PM
Apr 2017
I dont know but i like czech beer :D and you?
Apr 2, 2017 4:21 PM

Apr 2014
Flavored beer is usually the worst for me
Just like candy, they fail to capture the actual taste of whatever they were trying to create
Like how banana candy doesn't taste like bananas, chocolate stout is nothing to actual chocolate
Apr 2, 2017 4:23 PM

Sep 2009
Yeah, also don't buy any pineapple ipa beer, that shet's nasty.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 2, 2017 4:34 PM

Dec 2012
Coopers Pale Ale

Weak piss in a bottle, it tastes more like water than beer. Generally the most insulting beer you could buy someone.

Apr 2, 2017 4:42 PM
Feb 2017
KEYSTONE LIGHT by far. It's just piss water I swear.
Apr 2, 2017 7:33 PM

Sep 2015
Root beer, it doesnt get you drunk at all.
Apr 2, 2017 7:56 PM

Mar 2016
Japanese beer called "3rd Beer" No joke that's what it is called.
I can't see how people drink it here.
No wonder it's called "3rd Beer" it's cheap as Dog shit and about time you drink it you must be at the point that you don't give a care what you drink.
I will drink any other Japanese alcohol besides that shit.

Apr 2, 2017 8:22 PM

Mar 2014
IJN_Musashi92 said:
I can't see how people drink it here.
No wonder it's called "3rd Beer" it's cheap as Dog shit and about time you drink it you must be at the point that you don't give a care what you drink.
I will drink any other Japanese alcohol besides that shit.
Sounds like one of those drinks that exists solely to keep homeless alcoholics happy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2017 8:22 PM

Feb 2015
Apr 2, 2017 11:02 PM

Apr 2015
It's topics/posts like these that remind me that Casual Discussion does provide something of value every now and again. Even if I'll likely never use the information, thanks for the heads up OP.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Apr 2, 2017 11:11 PM

Nov 2009
So let me get this straight, a Heineken was $10, and a Pacena was $4, but you were like "fuck it, I'll take something that is 2.5 times worse than Heineken"?

Although too be honest, if you just chilled your fucking beer to as cold as possible when serving something terrible you at least wouldn't taste it as well so it wouldn't be as bad (you should do this with Heineken too)
Apr 2, 2017 11:12 PM

Jul 2012
Hinata said:

You know I looked at this comment and thought " Man that was a horrible joke" but then I thought if a person actually tried to get drunk off root beer, that would be pretty amusing and then I laughed. First person on this site to make me laugh since like about 1.5 years. :)
Apr 2, 2017 11:15 PM

Nov 2009
Coolspot said:
Hinata said:

You know I looked at this comment and thought " Man that was a horrible joke" but then I thought if a person actually tried to get drunk off root beer, that would be pretty amusing and then I laughed. First person on this site to make me laugh since like about 1.5 years. :)

If hard root beer counts then that'll get you drunk . . . and also make you feel like absolute shit since it is sugary as @#$%.
Apr 3, 2017 11:59 AM

Mar 2016
BarryManilow said:
Sounds like one of those drinks that exists solely to keep homeless alcoholics happy

It not surprise me if it was, you can pick up a can of that stuff at a Konbini [convenience store] for around 100 Yen almost and that is with tax.
Think i will be like a child and buy myself a hand full of candy or snacks like Umaibo or some Choco or a damn lollipop.. something my Yen is better spent on then that dog shit flood water in the can. XD

Apr 3, 2017 5:05 PM
Sep 2015
Love Queensland, but man, they fucked up when they made XXXX Gold.
Apr 3, 2017 5:12 PM

Jan 2017
Hinata said:

This made me giggle. I also hate the taste of that crap. Blehhhh.

OT: Any cheap beer, esp. Budwiser and the like.

im weeb trash

Apr 3, 2017 5:44 PM
Jul 2016
The worst beer I've ever had that wasn't aiming for as cheep as possible was this canned IPA from DC Brau called the Corruption or something like that

tasted like a Busch that had been dry-hopped. Hops (and especially that kind of hop they were using) without a kickass flavor to back it up tastes like licking raw pine resin.

basically I am just not a fan of that genre of "session" IPAs - Founders, my favorite brewery ever, had one called All Day IPA that tastes alright but is wicked disappointing from the same brewery that gave the world Backwoods Bastard
Apr 3, 2017 9:35 PM

Dec 2016
Anything from the USA, it's practically water!
Apr 4, 2017 5:40 AM

Jun 2010
Most of the mainstream Canadian brews are pretty shitty...hence I never drink them.
Apr 4, 2017 10:26 AM

Jan 2017
I've had some pretty crap English micro-brewery IPAs.

But the worst beer I've ever had is Tesco value light beer. 2%. Tasteless, but with a lingering feel of grease and shame. One pound for 10 cans. The backwash of saliva left at the bottom of the can is genuinely a more fulfilling drink.

Holy crap that stuff was bad.
Apr 4, 2017 10:28 AM
Feb 2017
Pabst Blue Ribbon is shit quality beer as well
Apr 4, 2017 12:04 PM

Dec 2016
shotz said:
Cbr_Star said:
Anything from the USA, it's practically water!
uh... WRONG. america does craft beer as well if not better than anyone.

i've done well to avoid bad beers like natty light. the worst i've had was pbr, would only resort to it if i was desperate.

i'm drinking hurricane high gravity right now. they're cheap af but the alcohol content is high enough that it was some body so it's not like drinking piss.

Sorry I'm Canadian, if you ever had our beer you'd realize just how terrible American beer is. BTW what you're drinking is Malt liquor
Apr 4, 2017 4:01 PM
Apr 2013
Bud light, the bloody beer is just dirty water.
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
Apr 4, 2017 4:22 PM
Oct 2012
IJN_Musashi92 said:

Been going to Japan for a long time, never saw the brand. But then again, not a big beer drinker unless its nama beer.

Then again, I didn't know that beer has its own mascot girl, so what the hell do I know?
https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Beerko

Forgot the brand name, had this dark beer once (and I like dark beer) that had an overwhelming ash taste to it. Hands down the worse. Who wants to drink smoke?
Apr 4, 2017 4:48 PM

Mar 2016
Takuan_Soho said:

Been going to Japan for a long time, never saw the brand. But then again, not a big beer drinker unless its nama beer.

Then again, I didn't know that beer has its own mascot girl, so what the hell do I know?
https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Beerko

Forgot the brand name, had this dark beer once (and I like dark beer) that had an overwhelming ash taste to it. Hands down the worse. Who wants to drink smoke?

Sapporo Lager is good and cost a okay price, then again most of the Sapporo type of beer cost a lot. XD

It's Japan Japanese people who was born and raised here still don't even understand stuff about Japan.. why cause Japan is just that fucking crazy.

I'm still Happy i'm Japanese and live here however. lol

Apr 4, 2017 5:22 PM

Aug 2011
Turnip said:
Coopers Pale Ale

Weak piss in a bottle, it tastes more like water than beer. Generally the most insulting beer you could buy someone.

Ha ha ha ha, since Australia has really shit beer like VB, XXXX Gold and West End, this is a great joke lol.
^_^
Apr 4, 2017 5:24 PM

May 2013
the worst? Probably Steel Reserve. It's way heavier than most beer (high gravity) like just a great thing to drink if you simply must barf tonight!
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Apr 4, 2017 5:24 PM
Jul 2018
All of the "non fruit flavoured ones" taste like piss to me.
Apr 4, 2017 5:25 PM

Dec 2012
Vosgy said:
Turnip said:
Coopers Pale Ale

Ha ha ha ha, since Australia has really shit beer like VB, XXXX Gold and West End, this is a great joke lol.
None of them are an ale... And one is a draught not a lager.

But yes, cooopers is piss in a bottle, sorry if you drink it.

Apr 4, 2017 5:39 PM

Aug 2011
Turnip said:
Vosgy said:

Sure mate, you keep drinking your XXXX Gold like a true champ :P
^_^
Apr 4, 2017 5:40 PM

Dec 2012
Vosgy said:
Turnip said:

I drink local westend not QLD piss. Either way, I can tell you like your light beers.

Apr 4, 2017 5:42 PM

Aug 2011
Turnip said:
Vosgy said:

I drink local westend not QLD piss. Either way, I can tell you like your light beers.

Ha ha, Dark Ale is my beer of choice lol.
Also Westend, ha aha ha
^_^
Apr 4, 2017 5:47 PM

Dec 2012
Vosgy said:

Also Westend, ha aha ha

Yeah I'd admit westend isn't that great in taste but it fucks you up quick. Also you don't get those shitty lil twelvies asking for drinks off ya when you're at a party because if you do, you'll find half a dozen of the half drunk cans littered throughout the property.

But I don't like ale's at all I'd prefer a lager over an ale, especially a pale ale 🤢

Apr 4, 2017 6:12 PM

Aug 2011
Turnip said:
Vosgy said:

Also Westend, ha aha ha

Yeah I'd admit westend isn't that great in taste but it fucks you up quick. Also you don't get those shitty lil twelvies asking for drinks off ya when you're at a party because if you do, you'll find half a dozen of the half drunk cans littered throughout the property.

But I don't like ale's at all I'd prefer a lager over an ale, especially a pale ale 🤢

I just drink Straight single malt scotch mostly, nobody dares ask you for some :D
I also figure if you can't Chew your beer, something is wrong.
^_^
Apr 4, 2017 7:41 PM

Apr 2016
I am too lazy to read all the responses to this thread so I am going to just post my favorite, and worst favorite

My favorite right now is Guinness Draught (think that is the name, too lazy to look at the empty case) As it's really smooth to me easy to get down fast.

My least favorite was my first Icehouse, my stepdad handed me one of his Icehouse beer, it was pure garbage tasting, Rolling Rock is a good 2nd, but Rolling Rock is aesthetically pleasing to me.
Apr 4, 2017 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
Not a beer drinker, but Early Times whiskey is quite possibly the worst whiskey I have ever put into my mouth. Only recommended for the people who have given up on life, like myself. Canadian Mist also sucks goat dick. Honestly, when it comes to alcoholic beverages, the price is very relevant to how good it tastes. Buy the more expensive stuff if you can, because the cheaper you go, the more you're going to retch.
Apr 4, 2017 8:16 PM

Feb 2011
Worst beers: any beer from south america.

Best beers are found in Belgium or in Quebec :D. Gotta love strong ale though :P
Life is an Art
Apr 4, 2017 11:50 PM

Apr 2013
Aureolus said:
Bud light, the bloody beer is just dirty water.

They've suddenly started advertising the shit out of Bud Light in the UK for some reason. Thought I'd try it, took one look at the strength of it and thought "it's probably horrible tbh.."
Apr 4, 2017 11:52 PM
Feb 2014
Heineken is easily the worst beer and its undebatable
Apr 5, 2017 1:19 AM
Jul 2018
I'd rather just drink wine coolers thx

Every "lite" beer I've tried has been shit, nothing but alcoholic fizzy water. Reduced caloric content my ass if I'm gonna have to drink that, but it was all I could cop off the legal people at the music festival I went to a couple yrs ago…
Apr 5, 2017 1:27 AM

Nov 2014
All beer is disgusting...

YUCK!!!!
What is wrong with loving someone who doesn't exist ? Absolutely nothing. As long as you make peace with it.
Apr 5, 2017 5:59 AM

Dec 2015
Michelob Ultra Dragon Fruit Peach

I swear it's a real beer...google it.

More topics from this board

» What is the first thing you see in the morning?

Shizuna - 5 hours ago

25 by Zayvex »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you celebrate your Birthday

ST63LTH - May 7

37 by rlyvtei »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » individualism like in usa or collectivism like in japan

deg - Yesterday

21 by traed »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts? ( 1 2 )

Freshell - May 5

57 by DreamWindow »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » is marriage compulsory?

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

24 by DesuMaiden »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.