Forum Settings
Forums

I really don't understand the hate on moe..

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2016 2:05 PM

Jun 2015
I don't mind cute designs if they're expressive like the characters in Love Live. Characters that are motionless dolls are painful to the eyes.
Oct 6, 2016 2:10 PM

Jun 2016
HikiMaru said:
@Otaku-Gunso I agree with your statement. Back in the day, I was initially told that Moe was a feeling rather than a type of anime or a specific characterisation. So, when I heard anime like Lucky Star being called Moe, was a little puzzling to me.
Our community hammers down the specific characteristics of what makes an ideal Moe, as a result, it's quite obvious that many people were confined with those ideals.

Actually when I first heard about moe it was a feeling rather then a sub genre of anime :P The 2D complex is strong in this topic !!
Oct 6, 2016 3:42 PM

Oct 2015
Otaku-Gunso said:
HikiMaru said:
@Otaku-Gunso I agree with your statement. Back in the day, I was initially told that Moe was a feeling rather than a type of anime or a specific characterisation. So, when I heard anime like Lucky Star being called Moe, was a little puzzling to me.
Our community hammers down the specific characteristics of what makes an ideal Moe, as a result, it's quite obvious that many people were confined with those ideals.

Actually when I first heard about moe it was a feeling rather then a sub genre of anime :P The 2D complex is strong in this topic !!

Wow in that case you are likely the first person I know to have been told the correct definition first.
Oct 6, 2016 3:44 PM

Nov 2015
Idk, mate. I think we should ask someone far more qualified @CherryLover.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2016 3:48 PM

Dec 2015
Moe is quite simply, misrepresentation of females in general, and it's not even the comedic kind. It's there for characters to be stared at, drooled upon, used as "waifus". Anime like Legend of Galactic Heroes do not have moe and they still manage to weave a competent story. It's "culture" like moe that makes anime as repugnant as it is to the general public.

Shiza-sennin said:

Oh, it's you again, with your sickening signature and your glorification of misogynistic trolls. I won't bother replying to you, you're nothing to me.
Oct 6, 2016 3:53 PM

Nov 2015
CherryLover said:
Moe is quite simply, misrepresentation of females in general, and it's not even the comedic kind. It's there for characters to be stared at, drooled upon, used as "waifus". Anime like Legend of Galactic Heroes do not have moe and they still manage to weave a competent story. It's "culture" like moe that makes anime as repugnant as it is to the general public.

Shiza-sennin said:

Oh, it's you again, with your sickening signature and your glorification of misogynistic trolls. I won't bother replying to you, you're nothing to me.

Won't bother replying even though I guided you to this thread?! How cruel, Cherry-chan.

OT: It may just not be some people's cup of tea, esp. in the case of the SJW feminazis lurking the forums here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2016 3:59 PM

Dec 2015
Shiza-sennin said:

OT: It may just not be some people's cup of tea, esp. in the case of the SJW feminazis lurking the forums here.

Stop using the terms "SJW" and "feminazis", read this thread and understand how derogatory and misrepresentative these terms are.
Oct 6, 2016 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
@CherryLover
@Shiza-sennin

you two are here as well? okay, I'mma grab some popcorn and tissues so I have something to cry into

Oct 2010
CherryLover said:

Well, we needed at least some stupid reaction like this to justify this circlejerk of a thread. Now it's done. We can lock it now.

Dec 2015
I have absolutely no problem with more, and even though I believe that, there are still times where I didn't like a moe anime, like, I found Himouto Umaru-chan to be absolutely disgusting...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 6, 2016 4:06 PM

Nov 2015
Darekmhn1 said:
@CherryLover
@Shiza-sennin

you two are here as well? okay, I'mma grab some popcorn and tissues so I have something to cry into

My kokoro broko. ;_;
CherryLover said:
Shiza-sennin said:

Stop using the terms "SJW" and "feminazis", read this thread and understand how derogatory and misrepresentative these terms are.

Thanks for educating me. I can now begin my path to becoming a champion of social justice.

jal90 said:
CherryLover said:

Well, we needed at least some stupid reaction like this to justify this circlejerk of a thread. Now it's done. We can lock it now.

B-but the poor moe girls need to be defended...
Oct 6, 2016 4:12 PM

Dec 2015
jal90 said:
CherryLover said:

If you're insinuating that my argument is "stupid", then I ask that you reread it.

Shiza-sennin said:

Thanks for educating me. I can now begin my path to becoming a champion of social justice.

Very funny, but I don't believe you. You're as rotten a troll as the rest of your brethren.
Oct 6, 2016 4:16 PM

Nov 2015
CherryLover said:
Shiza-sennin said:

Very funny, but I don't believe you. You're as rotten a troll as the rest of your brethren.

Hmm, I wonder. Considering the utter ridiculousness of your arguments, one could assume you were the real troll here.
Oct 6, 2016 4:18 PM

Oct 2010
CherryLover said:
jal90 said:

If you're insinuating that my argument is "stupid", then I ask that you reread it.

I've reread it and confirmed that you are applying a definition for moe that is your own kind and fits your own agenda. Anything else?

It's like you wanted to talk about the "trophy wife" trope, which is indeed quite problematic, but "moe" sounds like a better word if you want to cause a reaction in an anime forum I guess.
Oct 6, 2016 4:25 PM

Dec 2015
jal90 said:
CherryLover said:

I've reread it and confirmed that you are applying a definition for moe that is your own kind and fits your own agenda. Anything else?

It's like you wanted to talk about the "trophy wife" trope, which is indeed quite problematic, but "moe" sounds like a better word if you want to cause a reaction in an anime forum I guess.

Moe is a type of trophy wife. Characters that are "moe" or are drawn in that manner are often used as nothing more but idol material or just labelled as "waifu"; basically, they're treated like they don't "live and breathe", so to speak, when they obviously do.
Oct 6, 2016 4:39 PM

Oct 2010
CherryLover said:
jal90 said:

Moe is a type of trophy wife. Characters that are "moe" or are drawn in that manner are often used as nothing more but idol material or just labelled as "waifu"; basically, they're treated like they don't "live and breathe", so to speak, when they obviously do.

It's not? Cuteness is not even the only character trait of moe characters most of the time (if not all the time). And it isn't either specifically and inequivocally associated with waifuism. Even those so-called "moeblob" shows have themes, interrelationships, continuity, etc. and several ways to approach these characters. And every damn character can be a waifu or a husbando, for that matter. The girls from K-On!, Sora no Woto, Clannad... do have a psychology and a context, and complexities inherent to their world that are also seen in the way they develop throughout. Heck, Clannad is specially bound to rely on "perfect waifu" tropes and it has been criticized for that (kind of a partial argument though) but it still has a will to make the audience understand where do characters come from, their goals and their reasons.

I'm sure there are shows you can totally claim to be these "characters who are treated like they don't live and breathe", and I'm sure some of them may be moe, the problem is, that doesn't make moe as the broad category it is any more representative of this trend than... I dunno, post-apocalyptic sci-fi? Sitcom? Melodrama? Whatever other broad narrative theme or construction?
Oct 6, 2016 6:40 PM
Nov 2013
Because it kind of led to the decline of more intelligent, sophisticated anime.

People are so caught up in trying to buy the latest anime figurines and all other moe shit, that people who aren't part of the anime community suddenly assume this is how anime in general is. Just cutesy, and petty, and ridiculously adorable.

But, meh. It's whatever. People can buy and watch and think whatever they want about moe, I guess.
Oct 6, 2016 7:59 PM

May 2015
moe is gay when the eyes are larger then their breasts
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Oct 6, 2016 8:01 PM

Feb 2009
I don't hate it, I find it distracting. Its enervating when a perfectly good story is interrupted for something I see as completely unnecessary and irrelevant to the plot.
Oct 6, 2016 9:12 PM

Apr 2015
Shiza-sennin said:
CherryLover said:

Won't bother replying even though I guided you to this thread?! How cruel, Cherry-chan.

SJW Feminazi? Lol
Veethorn said:
I don't hate it, I find it distracting. Its enervating when a perfectly good story is interrupted for something I see as completely unnecessary and irrelevant to the plot.

While it doesn't add to the plot it doesn't take away the plot either, am I wrong?
Shikona said:

People are so caught up in trying to buy the latest anime figurines and all other moe shit, that people who aren't part of the anime community suddenly assume this is how anime in general is. Just cutesy, and petty, and ridiculously adorable.

But, meh. It's whatever. People can buy and watch and think whatever they want about moe, I guess.
Can you define intelligent and sophisticated anime? I personally found "fun things are fun", and bunch of quotes from Aria series are deep and intelligent.

Also who don't like cutesy and adorable stuffs?
Oct 6, 2016 9:15 PM

Jan 2015
-Senpai- said:
Everyone loves moe. They're just faggets trying to hide it.
True true! Lol.
Though I wouldn't introduce a moe anime to someone who is new to anime.
Oct 6, 2016 9:22 PM

Apr 2015
CherryLover said:

What is wrong with the concept of "waifus"? There's a lot of anime that uses male to be stared of and be used as "husbandos" as well? Oh wait some of them are in your favorites! Isn't it misandry for letting girls to have "husbandos" while not leting boys to have "waifus"? What if we change it to girls having waifus and boys having husbandos? Which one is allowed? if it's the former then isn't that a total misandry?
Oct 6, 2016 9:27 PM
Nov 2013
You said:
Shikona said:

Can you define intelligent and sophisticated anime? I personally found "fun things are fun", and bunch of quotes from Aria series are deep and intelligent.

Anime like Monster, Psycho-Pass, Mushishi, Aoi Bungaku Series... None of these anime would scream moe, and they definitely require some sort of higher level thinking than say Keion or Lucky Star
Oct 6, 2016 9:35 PM

Apr 2015
Shikona said:
You said:

Anime like Monster, Psycho-Pass, Mushishi, Aoi Bungaku Series... None of these anime would scream moe, and they definitely require some sort of higher level thinking than say Keion or Lucky Star

Really? Wow I like those anime too, but saying that they're more intelligent? Just how? And also don't you think The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya requires A LOT higher level of thinking than those anime you mentioned? And it's moe.
Oct 7, 2016 1:36 AM

Oct 2010
Shikona said:

But Haibane Renmei, Princess Tutu, Aria or Usagi Drop would, or at least have elements that are clearly favorable to moe. As said by You, as well, Haruhi is consistantly stimulating and thought-provoking through sci-fi tropes and experimental narrative. There's also stuff like Sora no Woto out there which has pretty serious themes. Also, it's difficult to take a comparison seriously when you don't bother to consider that maybe requiring a lower level thinking has more to do with being a wacky comedy with a main intent to make laugh at character quirks than being moe. And that considering how Lucky Star's category as a moe show is quite arguable. You could very well say that it's entirely conceived as a parody.
Oct 7, 2016 3:34 AM

Dec 2015
You said:
CherryLover said:

What is wrong with the concept of "waifus"? There's a lot of anime that uses male to be stared of and be used as "husbandos" as well? Oh wait some of them are in your favorites! Isn't it misandry for letting girls to have "husbandos" while not leting boys to have "waifus"? What if we change it to girls having waifus and boys having husbandos? Which one is allowed? if it's the former then isn't that a total misandry?

And there you have it, Mr "Semen Demon", as you seem to like calling yourself. Men aren't objectified like women are, and even if they are, they certainly don't feel any negative repercussions. All you're doing here is making a straw man and moving goalposts so that my argument doesn't hit you as hard as it should. We girls admire men in ways that are not just related to instant sexual gratification. You males on the other hand only think of "waifus" as pleasure-relieving objects to be thrown around without care. You tell me what's the difference.
Oct 7, 2016 3:36 AM

Jul 2015
@CherryLover The double standard in this one is hilarious. I mean, I usually don't care enough to like or dislike your posts but that's just insulting.
Oct 7, 2016 3:41 AM

Dec 2015
Clebardman said:
@CherryLover The double standard in this one is hilarious. I mean, I usually don't care enough to like or dislike your posts but that's just insulting.

What, actual female oppression is a double standard in your book? I find you insulting for thinking so. It should be obvious that there is a remarkable gulf in between the depiction of males and females in society and creative works. "Waifus" or the "waifu culture" in general represent all that is wrong with this, you should know this by now.
Oct 7, 2016 3:43 AM

Jul 2015
@CherryLover if you're going to base your whole argument on something as arbitrary and ridiculous than "all women are pure and all men are pigs", I'm going to feel insulted, and I'll have a hard time taking you seriously, yeah.

You could defend your stance without that ridiculous bit regarding Free! and the way women treat fanservice.

Pff don't give me the "men aren't objectified" bullshit please.
DeathkoOct 7, 2016 3:47 AM
Oct 7, 2016 3:47 AM

Dec 2015
Clebardman said:
@CherryLover if you're going to base your whole argument on something as arbitrary and ridiculous than "all women are pure and all men are pigs", I'm going to feel insulted, and I'll have a hard time taking you seriously, yeah.

You could defend your stance without that ridiculous bit regarding Free! and the way women treat fanservice.

Of course not all men are pigs; I have male friends online and in real life, and they are the nicest people I know who know how to respect safe spaces and women in general. My argument is based on how most males on this anime community seem to take their "waifu" as belongings and pass them around and display them like some trophy wife.

Also, nice strawman you have there.
Oct 7, 2016 3:53 AM

May 2016
Clebardman said:
Except there's a clear line between admiring and objectifying.

jal90 said:
CherryLover said:

It's not? Cuteness is not even the only character trait of moe characters most of the time (if not all the time). And it isn't either specifically and inequivocally associated with waifuism. Even those so-called "moeblob" shows have themes, interrelationships, continuity, etc. and several ways to approach these characters. And every damn character can be a waifu or a husbando, for that matter. The girls from K-On!, Sora no Woto, Clannad... do have a psychology and a context, and complexities inherent to their world that are also seen in the way they develop throughout. Heck, Clannad is specially bound to rely on "perfect waifu" tropes and it has been criticized for that (kind of a partial argument though) but it still has a will to make the audience understand where do characters come from, their goals and their reasons.

I'm sure there are shows you can totally claim to be these "characters who are treated like they don't live and breathe", and I'm sure some of them may be moe, the problem is, that doesn't make moe as the broad category it is any more representative of this trend than... I dunno, post-apocalyptic sci-fi? Sitcom? Melodrama? Whatever other broad narrative theme or construction?
It's the reverse here, what people seeks from moe are generally just "cute" and "innocent" feeling it gives. sub promoting an obsession to purity which associated with the idea of slut shaming as well as "purity is the only good thing about female".
Oct 7, 2016 3:55 AM

Jul 2015
@CherryLover What? Strawman, where?
"A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent."
What inexistent argument did I refute? I just said your premise was silly and wrong. Are you going to tell me you never said what you said 2 posts ago now? ^_-

OOOOooooh the "males aren't objectified" bit. Well, sorry but that wasn't what I was talking about, you jumped to conclusions. I was bothered by your generalization.

I'll be honest, I don't believe in that laïus either. I DO think the world is still quite misogynistic and unfair, but certainly not when it comes to idealization/objectification of the male/female body, at least in non-porn stuff.

@Zilf please. Because only women can admire and only men can objectify. that's why every male underwear model is on steroids.

(Can't believe I'm arguing with a feminist. I'm usually dealing with MRAs here ^^')
DeathkoOct 7, 2016 3:59 AM
Oct 7, 2016 3:59 AM

Dec 2015
Zilf said:
Clebardman said:

Exactly, I don't understand why people can't get this. We admire males for what they are, and they in return objectify us and use us as sexual symbols, even going as far as to body-shame us at times.

Clebardman said:
@CherryLover What? Strawman, where?
"A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent."
What inexistent argument did I refute? I just said your premise was silly and wrong. Are you going to tell me you never said what you said 2 posts ago now? ^_-

OOOOooooh the "males aren't objectified" bit. Well, sorry but that wasn't what I was talking about, you jumped to conclusions. I was bothered by your generalization.

I'll be honest, I don't believe in that laïus either. I DO think the world is still quite misogynistic and unfair, but certainly not when it comes to idealization/objectification of the male/female body, at least in non-porn stuff.

That right there is a strawman. I suggest actually rereading your posts instead of blindly defending your stance.

The idealisation of the female body IS exactly what is wrong with this world. Or at least one of the reasons why this world is so misogynistic. If you still can't see that, I recommend reading some articles on feminism and our fight against such a patriarchal society.
Oct 7, 2016 4:00 AM

Apr 2015
CherryLover said:
You said:

And there you have it, Mr "Semen Demon", as you seem to like calling yourself. Men aren't objectified like women are, and even if they are, they certainly don't feel any negative repercussions. All you're doing here is making a straw man and moving goalposts so that my argument doesn't hit you as hard as it should. We girls admire men in ways that are not just related to instant sexual gratification. You males on the other hand only think of "waifus" as pleasure-relieving objects to be thrown around without care. You tell me what's the difference.

How can you know? There's a lot of "fujoshis" in anime community that I know and yes, they read the yaoi hentai doujinshis of the male character, some of them are even my friends.

And if you just think that I'm going to said I'm too pro-male then no you're wrong I'm just using double standards. Ofc it's misogynistic if male can have waifus and love yuri but not female having husbandos and love yaoi.
Clebardman said:

(Can't believe I'm arguing with a feminist. I'm usually dealing with MRAs here ^^')

Idk too man, I'm a feminist if its measured by my country average but I also arguing with her XD
Oct 7, 2016 4:03 AM

Dec 2015
You said:
CherryLover said:

How can you know? There's a lot of "fujoshis" in anime community that I know and yes, they read the yaoi hentai doujinshis of the male character, some of them are even my friends.

And if you just think that I'm going to said I'm too pro-male then no you're wrong I'm just using double standards. Ofc it's misogynistic if male can have waifus and love yuri but not female having husbandos and love yaoi.

Being a "fujoshi" and actively objectifying women are two different things. Stop moving the goalposts and actually try to defend your argument. A "fujoshi" reads yaoi in admiration of men, an "otaku" collects waifus like he collects figurines just to please himself and objectify characters that should not be objectified. You're the one having double standards here if you can't make sense of this.
Oct 7, 2016 4:04 AM

Jul 2015
@CherryLover

So you're actually denying what you just said three posts ago.

"Men aren't objectified like women are, and even if they are, they certainly don't feel any negative repercussions. All you're doing here is making a straw man and moving goalposts so that my argument doesn't hit you as hard as it should. We girls admire men in ways that are not just related to instant sexual gratification. You males on the other hand only think of "waifus" as pleasure-relieving objects to be thrown around without care. You tell me what's the difference."

1/stop throwing "strawman" around (especially when it doesn't make sense). It's not going to make you win any debate. Winning a debate isn't about making yourself feel good, it's about changing the other's opinions. You're don't seem to be here to debate anything, fight patriarchy or whatever, but for racking Feel-Good ePoints.
2/Nice to see it's okay to objectify men because our feelings don't count as much as girls' feelings ^_-.
Oct 7, 2016 4:05 AM

Oct 2010
Zilf said:
Clebardman said:

jal90 said:

It's the reverse here, what people seeks from moe are generally just "cute" and "innocent" feeling it gives. sub promoting an obsession to purity which associated with the idea of slut shaming as well as "purity is the only good thing about female".

You are almost making it sound like reacting to "cuteness" and "innocence" can only lead to obsession to purity associated with the idea of slut shaming. When it has been already established several times that moe has a much more diversified fanbase than that, that its demographic appeal is transversal, and that males and females can like moe shows the same way. Judging an entire narrative device with an absurd amount of ramifications and variations through the viewpoint of a conveniently stereotypical friendzoned otaku doesn't make a proper argument.

Also, objectification is inherent to fiction writing. The concept needs to be expanded upon, not just throw it like nothing because, in a discussion about fictional stuff with an author who conceives characters with a purpose, this term means nothing.
jal90Oct 7, 2016 4:09 AM
Oct 7, 2016 4:08 AM

Dec 2015
Clebardman said:
@CherryLover

So you're actually denying what you just said three posts ago.

"Men aren't objectified like women are, and even if they are, they certainly don't feel any negative repercussions. All you're doing here is making a straw man and moving goalposts so that my argument doesn't hit you as hard as it should. We girls admire men in ways that are not just related to instant sexual gratification. You males on the other hand only think of "waifus" as pleasure-relieving objects to be thrown around without care. You tell me what's the difference."

1/stop throwing "strawman" around (especially when it doesn't make sense). It's not going to make you win any debate. Winning a debate isn't about making yourself feel good, it's about changing the other's opinions. You're don't seem to be here to debate anything, fight patriarchy or whatever, but for racking Feel-Good ePoints.
2/Nice to see it's okay to objectify men because our feelings don't count as much as girls' feelings ^_-.

I have long since given up on trying to change this community's opinions. I'm just trying to balance out the sexism and blatant objectification on this forum so visitors won't go "oh dear, anime is too misogynistic" and miss out on good anime.

I don't objectify men, I admire them (or those that are worth admiring, at the very least). Stop putting words in my mouth.
Oct 7, 2016 4:12 AM

Jul 2015
@CherryLover the only thing you're doing is give the MRAs here exactly the kind of example they like to throw around when bashing feminism. You're just making it harder for us to call them idiots who circlejerk to imaginary people.

Either do it right, or stop talking about feminism, because what you're currently doing isn't going to help in any way. It can only make things worse.

My favorite theory right now is that you're just a far right MRA who's better at trolling than the others.
Oct 7, 2016 4:12 AM

Apr 2015
CherryLover said:
You said:

Being a "fujoshi" and actively objectifying women are two different things. Stop moving the goalposts and actually try to defend your argument. A "fujoshi" reads yaoi in admiration of men, an "otaku" collects waifus like he collects figurines just to please himself and objectify characters that should not be objectified. You're the one having double standards here if you can't make sense of this.

What? What did I said is true though and it's not just solely for defending my argument. so you say:

-A "fujoshi" reads yaoi in admiration of men.

Then I can say:

-A guy who likes yuri reads yuri in admiration of women.

If you goung to deny it, and say that it's for sexual objectification, then I can change your first statement to:

-A "fujoshi" reads yaoi in sexual objectification of men.

right?

Okay moving to your next statement:

-an "otaku" collects waifus like he collects figurines just to please himself and objectify characters that should not be objectified.

How can you define "otaku" as 100% a he? There's a lot of female otaku as well, and what if the male otaku is a gay and collects husbandos or the female otakus is a lesbian and collects waifus? Isn't that also another form of sexual objectification?

I mean you're the one who make a post which is sorry, don't make much sense. It's like judging that no girls are a pervert while I know much of them who even admit it themselves.
Oct 7, 2016 4:15 AM

May 2016
jal90 said:
Zilf said:

You are almost making it sound like reacting to "cuteness" and "innocence" can only lead to obsession to purity associated with the idea of slut shaming. When it has been already established several times that moe has a much more diversified fanbase than that, that its demographic appeal is transversal, and that males and females can like moe shows the same way. Judging an entire narrative device with an absurd amount of ramifications and variations through the viewpoint of a conveniently stereotypical friendzoned otaku doesn't make a proper argument.

Also, objectification is inherent to fiction writing. The concept needs to be expanded upon, not just throw it like nothing because, in a discussion about fictional stuff with an author who conceives characters with a purpose, this term means nothing.
Because it is, it associated with that, slut shaming. you talk about there's more to that? but that doesn't change that the first approach to moe is mostly because the obsession of purity, it's like how people say "personality matter, look doesn't" when i reality it's is the first impression and mosty the look that draw people in first before knowing and learning about other party personality.
here's the same, people get drawn into moe because the obsession of purity after that even if the said "moe" anime has more to offer, it doesn't change that people drawn in by the purity. the obsession of purity, they like watching anime with pure heroine.
Again, obsession of purity and also associated with slut shaming.
Oct 7, 2016 4:20 AM

Feb 2016
I dont expect you to understand but for me, moe is just unbearable to watch. I've always disliked the cutesy/soft/loli characters so a show full of them would irritate me
Oct 7, 2016 4:20 AM

Dec 2015
Clebardman said:
@CherryLover the only thing you're doing is give the MRAs here exactly the kind of example they like to throw around when bashing feminism. You're just making it harder for us to call them idiots who circlejerk to imaginary people.

Either do it right, or stop talking about feminism, because what you're currently doing isn't going to help in any way. It can only make things worse.

My favorite theory right now is that you're just a far right MRA who's better at trolling than the others.

Oh, so just because my version of feminism isn't the same as yours, you get to call me a male rights' activist? Even when I've painstakingly devoted my life to feminism? You disgust me with your accusations. You're no better than these MRAs if you actively work against fellow feminists just because you don't feel like going the extra mile to curb objectification on this forum. Without my my fellow feminists' contributions on here, MAL would have long since gone to hell with all this discrimination and blatant sexism.

So go on, go toot your own horn and call every feminist a MRA. It's only serving as a reverse dog whistle to catch the fake feminists hiding in our groups.
Oct 7, 2016 4:22 AM

Apr 2015
Zilf said:
jal90 said:

Because it is, it associated with that, slut shaming. you talk about there's more to that? but that doesn't change that the first approach to moe is mostly because the obsession of purity, it's like how people say "personality matter, look doesn't" when i reality it's is the first impression and mosty the look that draw people in first before knowing and learning about other party personality.
here's the same, people get drawn into moe because the obsession of purity after that even if the said "moe" anime has more to offer, it doesn't change that people drawn in by the purity. the obsession of purity, they like watching anime with pure heroine.

Wait, I understand your statement saying that moe is associated with cuteness, innocence, and purity but how does those 3 associated with slut shaming? Isn't pure girls the opposite of sluts?
Oct 7, 2016 4:22 AM

May 2016
Clebardman said:

@Zilf please. Because only women can admire and only men can objectify. that's why every male underwear model is on steroids.

It isn't a matter of "can" here. it's about the ratio speaking result by engaging with internet user.
Oct 7, 2016 4:24 AM

Oct 2010
Zilf said:
jal90 said:

Oh yes, it is because it is. Nice.

Mostly? The hell? You mean that any of the shows I listed before had "obsession with purity" as the main theme? Not even K-On!, with its whole emphasis on being cutesy and moe quirks, can be described as that. It has themes of friendship, interrelationships, comedic fun that are prevalent. It is sold as a comedy and a slice-of-life in high school.

Also the whole argument on personality and looks is a blatant straw man, not to mention a completely misguided one, unless you assume that the concepts of "purity" or "cuteness" have nothing to do with personality. And I don't see how can you make that assumption.

Zilf said:

People. People. Sure, I can't argue with that. So ambiguous. Do "people" include me? Or you? Or CherryLover? Or Clebardman? Or the female fanbase of K-On!?
Oct 7, 2016 4:25 AM

Jul 2015
@CherryLover "fellow feminists" lol. I'm not so quick to hide behind a banner. Keep me out of your childish faction wars please. If you were sincere you'd think about the repercussions of your posts more than making yourself feel good in random debates.

"Even when I've painstakingly devoted my life to feminism?" Sorry but this is too much lol. I'm not swallowing this anymore.

@Zilf "it's not about facts, it's about my own little experience from a female PoV, and I don't have the numbers to back it up."

Huh.

Oct 7, 2016 4:25 AM

Dec 2015
You said:
Zilf said:

Wait, I understand your statement saying that moe is associated with cuteness, innocence, and purity but how does those 3 associated with slut shaming? Isn't pure girls the opposite of sluts?

I recommend that you check your tone. Pure girls and "sluts" are no different; both are just as much entitled to normal life as females.

Zilf said:
Clebardman said:

It isn't a matter of "can" here. it's about the ratio speaking result by engaging with internet user.

I would argue that is is more than just on the Internet, Zilf. Even in real life you can see that women are objectified more than men on a daily basis.
Oct 7, 2016 4:28 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Why do I even get out of bed in the morning

Oct 7, 2016 4:29 AM

Sep 2012
@CherryLover

Let'S continue this on here shall we?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How long until we see western adaptations of series that follow the footsteps of anime adapting manga?

_cjessop19_ - 8 hours ago

6 by tchitchouan »»
2 minutes ago

» Can you distinguish reality from fiction?

tappioca - 9 hours ago

19 by Paul »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you take screenshots of Anime

ST63LTH - 7 hours ago

30 by Cammell »»
3 minutes ago

» If Anime dies in the future, what would be the likely cause?

Dragevard - 10 hours ago

16 by tchitchouan »»
5 minutes ago

» Best black haired girl? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Jan 25

57 by Starfallash »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.