Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2016 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So that was the end?

A reflection about Espers and a 3 year time skip? Eh..yeah, I feel kinda underwhelmed although it was also quite a journey. They should of extended Minami and Kozuki's relationship imo.
Aug 23, 2016 11:09 AM

Oct 2014
Like Ga Rei, what started off as a great manga was quickly made a mess of when the author decided to reboot the series, get rid of the main characters we cared about and barely touch on them at all for the larger second portion of the series. While the collapse wasn't as bad as Ga Rei's, and I might have cared about the new characters if they were in their own series, the fact the main cast was largely ignored for the rest of the series and even in the finale was wholly disappointing. I don't particularly care that Ice girl and the double agent got reunited, I really didn't care much about them at all. I read this for Rinka Kobushi and Kyoutaro and their involvement and arcs were largely underwhelming to serve towards the new protagonists.

First half gets a high nine, second part gets a bottom 7 (for the good moments). Largely still the second half was messy and makes you wonder why the author creates a series just to reboot it midway, has it cancelled because people did not think it was a good idea and miss the old characters and not the new odd direction, and decides for the triumphant comeback manga that people quite like, to do the exact same thing?

Just frustrated. I really do want more of this series but clearly wasn't going to get what I wanted out of it, save for a few chapters, so I suppose this is for the best.
Aug 23, 2016 3:29 PM

May 2015
Man I know the government needed to protect and establish some kind of control over the ESP/Formers ESP thing (prevent riots, vandalism and protect their safety) but to incarcerate some of the heroes who fought and save the city for more than a year that is fuck up as hell!

There were some questions unanswered for example:
What happened to Pelico?
Kozuki & Minami are more than friends?
Who Rindou is dating? Is he with Kobushi or Rika's mom (C.I.A agent)?

I liked the first half better… I guess it was an alright ending...

On a side note:
Translator said this was the end but there is one more chapter I hope he/she can translate the remaining one…

@Arcturus9001
I have the same problem... My only gripe with Ga Rei was that Mangaka-san toss the MC (and all of his character development) aside to focus on Kagura & Yomi for the one hundred time *sarcasm* and some new characters Mikado & Tsuina that did nothing to me as a reader… and here (Tokyo ESP) he Tossed aside Kyoutarou & Rinka (character development) for a couple of new characters… mind you that I like Ren (ice girl) but to not show the main cast (the ones that started the Hero & Miracle thing and saved Tokyo senators, civilians and the city a years after) and even when they got the spotlight was too little too late in my humble opinion... They were not the only disappointment, Kobushi’s mother was a letdown of a character she started with a great premise but then degenerated into the typical shallow villain trope I would prefer if author-san left the professor as the main antagonist…
Roy_FockerAug 23, 2016 3:32 PM
Aug 23, 2016 4:07 PM

Oct 2014
Roy_Focker said:

On a side note:
Translator said this was the end but there is one more chapter I hope he/she can translate the remaining one…

I thought the same, but there was one bonus chapter so its not a final epilogue or anything. Sad because I saw that on MAL before I read the chapter so I assumed there were two chapters to go and was shocked when it ended. That's happened to me a few times before. :(

And eh I would have cared more about Ren and Zeusu and the rest if they were side characters but every moment spent on them was not spent on the characters I cared about so I kinda developed a revulsion, "How dare you stand where they stood!" if you will. Ren wasn't poorly written or anything (I do think Zeusu was though) just should not have hijacked the manga for her own. I agree on Kobushi's mother, her sister was all the family we really needed out of them. I mean the driving forces of the family conflict weren't great.

The professor was excellent. Its really hard to judge though since the end of the manga was a confusing rush to the finish and avoiding the apocalypse, I thought it was being cancelled a long time ago because of the pacing and it just kept going so that seems to be their idea of how a story is supposed to end.

I'm probably going to reread this and the Ga rei crossover at some point and remember better days but the degradation in quality is sad. The author has a lot of potential if they could just resist destroying their own story with a midway timeskip and rebooting the cast to new people. Write them as side characters, a one shot or save them for the next series! :|
Aug 23, 2016 7:13 PM

Aug 2014
THE PROFESSOR!! Glad my boy made it in the end.

Rushed climax but I guess it got the job done for the most part.
Unlike for many I still enjoyed the second half of the series just as much as the first half. (While Rinka was of course a better lead then Ren, I liked Zeus a lot more than Azuma as a support)

Happy to see that the ships I was waiting for got confirmed more or less :
Tatsuya x Ren
Ayumu x Murasaki
Mimami x Kozuki ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7/10
Aug 24, 2016 12:21 AM
Jul 2015
Roy_Focker said:

On a side note:

Is this true? Can I hear more of the details?
Aug 24, 2016 12:54 AM

May 2015
@Aoitenshi1

Well in the final page the translator said and I quote: "As much as I wanted to deny it, this was really the final chapter" "With this Tokyo ESP scans has finally fulfilled its purpose."

But MAL have Chap. Read: 77 so there is one more if MAL info is correct that is... So I hope the Translator can work on the final chapter so I can get some closure with this title... That is why I posted the comment because I don’t know if he/she know (if MAL info. is correct) that there is one more chapter to be translated even if it is an Omake or an Epilogue...
Aug 24, 2016 1:16 AM
Jul 2015
Roy_Focker said:
@Aoitenshi1

Well in the final page the translator said and I quote: "As much as I wanted to deny it, this was really the final chapter" "With this Tokyo ESP scans has finally fulfilled its purpose."

But MAL have Chap. Read: 77 so there is one more if MAL info is correct that is... So I hope the Translator can work on the final chapter so I can get some closure with this title... That is why I posted the comment because I don’t know if he/she know (if MAL info. is correct) that there is one more chapter to be translated even if it is an Omake or an Epilogue...

I'm the translator, so you can contact me if you find out about that Omake or Epilogue.
Aug 24, 2016 1:09 PM

May 2015
@Aoitenshi1

Ah... nice to meet you thanks for all of your hard work translating the manga.

Well I was speculating but I don’t really know if there is an Omake or an Epilogue I’m just curious because like I previously stated MAL have the chapter count to 77 but the end is chapter 76 so there is one more chapter to go.... If by any chance I come upon it, I’m going to let you know....
Aug 25, 2016 3:48 AM

Sep 2013
it was a long ride and I'm quite satisfied the ending although I really want to see epilogue of married couple between Azuma and Rinka. All well that ends well
Aug 29, 2016 5:43 PM

Dec 2012
The "77th" chapter is most likely the extra chapter, 14.5: Penguin Life

I agree with most her, the first part was great, the second part so-so, and the ending arc a mess. Still, an enjoyable read overall.
Sep 2, 2016 12:47 PM

Jan 2012
Great and enjoyable manga. I do however agree that the first part was better but I think the second part and the end did not disappointed either.

Now I wonder If I should try his next manga which seems to be a lot different then this and Ga-rei.

@Aoitenshi1 Thank you for your translation work.
Sep 23, 2016 10:48 PM

Feb 2013
Crap end not enuf Rinka.
Best arc for me was the Undercover Rinka arc
Oct 3, 2016 8:19 PM

May 2010
Raydnt said:
Crap end not enuf Rinka.
Best arc for me was the Undercover Rinka arc

agree, Rinka is everything in this manga cant believe this is the end, i dont even remember the ice girl name..
Dec 3, 2016 5:26 PM

Oct 2011
tsuki_shiro said:
it was a long ride and I'm quite satisfied the ending although I really want to see epilogue of married couple between Azuma and Rinka. All well that ends well

THIS! I adore those two. They are soooo adorable together. x3
I won't miss Ren, that's for sure. Most boring character of the manga.
Jan 19, 2017 7:40 PM

Nov 2013
Loved the characters, but the story went downhill after Rinka's return. The fan service and ships were enough to keep things interesting, but I would have liked it better if Ren's character didn't exist at all. I wish we got more of Rinka x Kyotaro x Minami development. 7/10

Time to read Ga-Rei
Feb 18, 2017 8:30 AM

Oct 2014
Well that was an enjoyable manga.

The vitality of these characters is something else, especially Ren. Ren gets shot, stabbed, eye poked, toe smashed, kicked out of a moving car, lucky to not get impaled like Nene, gets betrayed 3 times, uhh holy shit. Oh and she indirectly causes Murasaki's family to be massacred.

And the references/ads! I can remember 300, X-men, The Expendables, Star Wars, Chucky, District 9, 007, Nissan Juke, Little13, and Metal Gear Solid 3.
CrazyBearFeb 18, 2017 8:36 AM
May 17, 2017 11:13 PM

Oct 2012
is chapter 76 the end? it shows there are 77 chapters >.<
Apr 2, 2019 4:30 AM

Oct 2010
Was fine but I wanted more than one skull crushing psy kick, the battle against the evil woman was underwhelming. All is good if it ends well, happy ending. Now I go to Shadow Walker and London esp

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Chapter 30 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2013

8 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Jan 17, 2018 11:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Chapter 13 Discussion

deadfisheyes - Mar 2, 2011

20 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Jan 16, 2018 1:23 AM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Chapter 38 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2014

2 by CrazyBear »»
Feb 16, 2017 11:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Chapter 75 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

3 by KashKetchum »»
Aug 23, 2016 6:51 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Chapter 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

2 by KashKetchum »»
Aug 23, 2016 6:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.