Forum Settings
Forums
your name.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 9, 2016 8:14 AM
Jul 2016
umashikaneko said:

I mean if you watched 360p ver like current pirating video,it is your fault you didn't fully enjoy it.
His works have been known for art and animation,quality of current bootleg ver is beyond terrible.

everyone got their own way to rate a show..

but for me personally, for a 10/10 show, it has to be nearly perfect (or perfect in my preference) in all aspect..

By all means, kimi no na wa is indeed great anime, but for me, it's far from 10/10.. let me reiterate what i wrote before

My final thought: What if this movie, let's say, somehow got subpar or bad animation? would you really truly enjoy the show? I don't really know why, but if it was me, I won't really enjoy this anime if the animation is bad/subpar

Therefore my conclusion is : although i really enjoy this anime, i really can't deny the fact that most of my enjoyment come from the animation itself..

But if you really feels like that story, character, and the others aspect really fulfill your 10/10 preference, feel free to rate it as masterpiece.. everyone got their own opinion
kistralSep 9, 2016 8:24 AM
Sep 9, 2016 8:23 AM

Aug 2015
RoyTF said:
@LightBladeNova I agree on that but you've to remember that the one who watched in 360P never had the opportunity to enjoy the film to the fullest extent,we could give an analysis of the plot and without any doubt, it wasn't special and got plot holes but what separate a normal work to shinkai's works is the god-like animation,the execution which makes it somewhat brilliant.

Keeping aside the animation and other stuff,the plot should hold a little to the overall score and 9.23 is surely more than what its deserve,anything around 8-8.5 is perfect and hopefully, it'll settle on that as soon it releases on a larger scale.

If the Gintama movie can manage a 9.11 I'm fairly confident this will stay within the top 20.
Sep 9, 2016 8:32 AM

Jul 2014
RoyTF said:
@LightBladeNova I agree on that but you've to remember that the one who watched in 360P never had the opportunity to enjoy the film to the fullest extent,we could give an analysis of the plot and without any doubt, it wasn't special and got plot holes but what separate a normal work to shinkai's works is the god-like animation,the execution which makes it somewhat brilliant.

Keeping aside the animation and other stuff,the plot should hold a little to the overall score and 9.23 is surely more than what its deserve,anything around 8-8.5 is perfect and hopefully, it'll settle on that as soon it releases on a larger scale.

Sure yeah, I didn't experience the movie in its full visual glory, but even from the 360p version, I could appreciate the art and animation well enough. I'm just saying that me not seeing the perfect visuals doesn't disallow me from giving a valid opinion based off my comments on the story and characters, which really should be the most important things. And I agree that around an 8.5 score would be good for this movie, though I anticipate it'll stay up in the 8.80s range at least.

umashikaneko said:
LightBladeNova said:

Well,you are complainig after watching extremely terrible quality bootleg ver which already sound stupid.

If it is legal distribution with terrible quality then fault lie people who produce movie.You cannot judge movie without influenced by terrible quality video,if it is possible you can watch it with just sounds and scripts.

The point is you are not supposed to watch ruined ver "illegally"

What, so anyone who's watched an online version of the movie has no right to a valid opinion? Art and animation aren't everything, they aren't even the most important thing (or well, they shouldn't be). Story and characters are, and that's what I criticized. It's not like I complained about the visuals; like @MihaiOtaku said, I can still appreciate the animation from the gogoanime version, it's still high-quality from what I saw.

If I complained about the visuals, then you could call me out. But I did the exact opposite, I praised them.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Sep 9, 2016 8:38 AM
Sep 2013
LightBladeNova said:

Well,if you watch "ruined"ver "illegally"then I would say it is your fault you didn't fully enjoy it .

The video is beyond terrible and I understand you cannot enjoy story with terrible quality visual even if you find it fine
Sep 9, 2016 8:38 AM

Nov 2015
The art was awesome, as expected from Shinkai Makoto's work.
The story was interesting.
And thanks god. It didn't end the same way as 5 centimeters per second. So glad ^^
Sep 9, 2016 8:52 AM

Jul 2014
umashikaneko said:
LightBladeNova said:

Well,if you watch "ruined"ver "illegally"then I would say it is your fault you didn't fully enjoy it .

The video is beyond terrible and I understand you cannot enjoy story with terrible quality visual even if you find it fine

You're just repeating the same thing now. I'm saying that me witnessing the full majesty of the art and animation wouldn't have suddenly made me love the movie and ignore the problems. Again, visual beauty does not compensate for average story and characters, at least not for me. And again, the quality of the video I watched was not terrible, it was good, and @MihaiOtaku can back me up here.

I should've just said that I watched the movie in theaters, then you wouldn't be getting on my case like this... why don't we do just that then?

Let's say I watched the movie in theaters; none of my criticisms would change.

But well, it doesn't seem like we're going to agree on this, so maybe we should just stop.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Sep 9, 2016 9:04 AM
Apr 2016
At the end I was literally screaming at the screen, but luckily he turned around.
Sep 9, 2016 9:06 AM

Jun 2016
LightBladeNova said:
umashikaneko said:

You're just repeating the same thing now. I'm saying that me witnessing the full majesty of the art and animation wouldn't have suddenly made me love the movie and ignore the problems. Again, visual beauty does not compensate for average story and characters, at least not for me. And again, the quality of the video I watched was not terrible, it was good, and @MihaiOtaku can back me up here.

I should've just said that I watched the movie in theaters, then you wouldn't be getting on my case like this... why don't we do just that then?

But well, it doesn't seem like we're going to agree on this, so maybe we should just stop.

I agree...the quality of that online video is not good, but is not that bad. About your opinion regarding the story and characters, it is ok to have a different one compared with the majority of the community (I, myself, enjoyed both)... it would be boring to have eveerybody having the same opinion and a perfect 10 for every anime.

Sep 9, 2016 9:12 AM
Sep 2013
LightBladeNova said:

As I said quality of video(sounds and visual) influence enjoyment of story significantly.

Someone who watched terrible quality video
and rated it 7 may well rate it 7 after watching in theater but at the same time may well rate it 10.

the point is it is very unfair watching terrible quality video illegally and rate movie based on it.The score that person would give might different
if he watched legally with quality supposed to watch.

You may well have given same score even if You had watched in theater but at the same time may well have given higher score,which no one possibly knows.

umashikanekoSep 9, 2016 9:19 AM
Sep 9, 2016 9:29 AM

Jul 2014
umashikaneko said:
LightBladeNova said:

As I said quality of video(sounds and visual) influence enjoyment of story significantly.

Someone who watched terrible quality video
and rated it 7 may well rate it 7 after watching in theater but at the same time may well rate it 10.

the point is it is very unfair watching terrible quality video illegally and rate movie based on it.The score that person would give might different
if he watched legally with quality supposed to watch.

You may well have given same score even if You had watched in theater but at the same time may well have given higher score,which no one possibly knows.

And you still insist that it's terrible video quality, when I don't think so... okay, let's just drop that point, okay? We're not going to agree on that.

And well apparently, I'm not that someone you're talking about. I know myself enough to understand that better animation quality wouldn't make my score go from a 7 to a 10; at most, it'd raise a few decimal points. So, right now I have the movie at a 7.5, but if I'd watched it in its full glory, then maaaybe it would've been a 7.8-8. Just maybe. Regardless, on MAL, I have my rating at an 8, so it doesn't matter.

You're not going to claim that it's possible I would've given the movie an even higher score (9 or 10) if I had watched the full HD version, right? "No one possibly knows?" I know, because I know my own preferences, and an improvement in animation quality *alone* would not make me raise my rating that high. You're acting as if I watched the movie with stick figures for characters and then gave it a score. No, the only thing I'm missing is an improvement in visual quality when it was already good to begin with, and again, that *ALONE* would not sway me much, because I understand my tastes.

MihaiOtaku said:
LightBladeNova said:

I agree...the quality of that online video is not good, but is not that bad. About your opinion regarding the story and characters, it is ok to have a different one compared with the majority of the community (I, myself, enjoyed both)... it would be boring to have eveerybody having the same opinion and a perfect 10 for every anime.

It's not like I'm even hating on this movie lol, I'm still saying it's good and enjoyable... the animation, directing, and soundtrack did a good job with portraying the atmosphere and emotions. It's just not the masterpiece that everyone's calling it, in my opinion.
TyrelSep 17, 2016 4:50 PM

Sep 9, 2016 9:34 AM

Aug 2015
People evaluate anime differently and derive satisfaction out of different elements. While I understand the point umashikaneko is making, LightBladeNova is free to have his own opinion.
Sep 9, 2016 9:41 AM

Jul 2014
TheKillerAngel said:
People evaluate anime differently and derive satisfaction out of different elements. While I understand the point umashikaneko is making, LightBladeNova is free to have his own opinion.

Thank you. I can see where umashikaneko is coming from too, but I don't believe his argument makes all my criticisms invalid or something. Even better animation would obviously be a plus, but my comments on the other aspects of the movie (story and characters) still stand.

Sep 9, 2016 9:42 AM

Sep 2015
Great movie though the ending wasn't completely satisfying. 9/10.
Sep 9, 2016 9:43 AM
Jun 2016
Favorite movie from Shinkai yet!
Sep 9, 2016 9:54 AM

Aug 2015
Flawfinder said:
I really wish people would wait for the actual release. Part of the appeal of this movie (and anime as a whole) is getting taken in by the visuals, and you can't really do with a shitty rip like what's currently out.

+1 to this,
willing to wait for the BD release or at least the theater release in my country which I really do hope though after releasing One Piece Movies and Love Live here in my country I still have high hopes on this
I mean come on basing my verdict on a 360 p video when the selling point is the animation is just a no no no for me
Sep 9, 2016 9:55 AM

Jul 2016
Tears in my eyes. Best time I have ever spent in my life. Absolutely perfect. World class.

10/10
Instant favorite.
Mizuha also in my favorite.
Sep 9, 2016 10:00 AM

Apr 2016
@umashikaneko Mate,you're not getting the point.
The majority of the people who watched the film in that print got a pretty decent idea of how vividly beautiful is the animation and keeping that on mind,he/she is rating,I agree the experience will be totally different but the plot,music,pacing nothing gonna change except the visual,It'll have effect on the overall enjoyment and I'm not sure if that can turn 7 into 10 on the basis of that.
Sep 9, 2016 10:12 AM
Sep 2013
RoyTF said:

yeah,I'm fine as long as people don't judge it based on that botched ver.Imaginning its original quality is one thing.

7to7 or 7to10 are just examples Some people would give same score,some people would give higher score if they have watched legally with supposed quality
Sep 9, 2016 10:13 AM
Sep 2015
On the other side, there's usually a lot more packed into a Shinkai movie than first meets the eye. Some things I think he thinks of after the fact (the speed of chapters 1 and 2 vs 3 of 5 Centimeters Per Second for example) but they still work.
Sep 9, 2016 10:41 AM

Oct 2011
Oh my god, that last part on the bridge scared me. Almost thought the movie would end the same way as 5 Centimeters Per Second (which I didn't want). Definitely a 10/10 for me. Makoto Shinkai delivers once again.

Sep 9, 2016 10:54 AM

Mar 2016
well that was absolutely beautiful
Sep 9, 2016 10:54 AM

Dec 2014
I believe it was a great movie altogether..... though the movie seemed so small.....
Sep 9, 2016 11:07 AM

Aug 2015
usuis said:
This has bumped Wolf Children as my favourite anime movie of all time.

AvidAnimeViewer said:
Makoto Shinkai being Makoto Shinkai.

I mean obviously but this is what I love him for. My reaction to the ending of kotonoha no Niwa was WHYYYYY . If Taki and Mistuha hadn't met I would have thrown my keyboard

And the insert songs in this film. Holy. Fuck.

It'd be nice to see him do something other than the whole "separated love" concept. Voices of a Distant Star was separation through space and time, The Place Promised in Our Early Days was separation through disappearance of one of the persons involved, 5 Centimeters Per Second was separation through distance from each other, Children Who Chase Lost Voices was separation of loved ones by death, The Garden of Words was separation through age, and Your Name was separation through time and death. They're all basically the same concept presented different ways, so it's hard to think of this as anything else but what you expected. The visuals, music, and plot were everything I expected so it's hard to think of this as amazing. It was good, but not amazing.
Sep 9, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 2014
Whoa, that was a life experience, Beautiful execution. The twist came to me like a punch in the face, completely unexpected.

This is definitely one of those movies which should be watched more than one time.
Sep 9, 2016 11:43 AM

Apr 2016
HOLYSHIT,it took over Gintama and FMA:B to become the highest rated anime in the site :O
A difference of 0.80 within couple of days,thanks to the people who leak it online at first place :3
Sep 9, 2016 11:48 AM

Aug 2013
RoyTF said:
HOLYSHIT,it took over Gintama and FMA:B to become the highest rated anime in the site :O
A difference of 0.80 within couple of days,thanks to the people who leak it online at first place :3

Lol, 9.3 that's crazy, not gonna last, not really fair since this is a movie, other T.V series had to be consistently good for numbers of episodes to get to that rating, this got it done in 100mins. However it's not to say this movie doesn't deserve a high rating.
Sep 9, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
RoyTF said:

I wonder how long this will last lol. 9.30 average is pretty insane.

Sep 9, 2016 11:56 AM

Apr 2016
@Forgetful00 @LightBladeNova It's rated around 8.4 in IMDB and tbh that's the perfect score and in MAL,it'll probably go down sooner.
Sep 9, 2016 12:05 PM

Aug 2015
RoyTF said:
@Forgetful00 @LightBladeNova It's rated around 8.4 in IMDB and tbh that's the perfect score and in MAL,it'll probably go down sooner.

It only has 226 votes or so, which is not that statistically representative. It's not going to hit Shawshank Redemption level scores though, since imdb primarily targets the Western film audience. A better place to look for scores would be Japanese sites like Yahoo movies Japan or eiga.com.
Sep 9, 2016 12:07 PM

Jun 2016
LightBladeNova said:
RoyTF said:

I wonder how long this will last lol. 9.30 average is pretty insane.

I think it will settle around 9...top 10 or 20.

Sep 9, 2016 12:13 PM

Aug 2014
AvidAnimeViewer said:
usuis said:
This has bumped Wolf Children as my favourite anime movie of all time.

I mean obviously but this is what I love him for. My reaction to the ending of kotonoha no Niwa was WHYYYYY . If Taki and Mistuha hadn't met I would have thrown my keyboard

And the insert songs in this film. Holy. Fuck.

It'd be nice to see him do something other than the whole "separated love" concept. Voices of a Distant Star was separation through space and time, The Place Promised in Our Early Days was separation through disappearance of one of the persons involved, 5 Centimeters Per Second was separation through distance from each other, Children Who Chase Lost Voices was separation of loved ones by death, The Garden of Words was separation through age, and Your Name was separation through time and death. They're all basically the same concept presented different ways, so it's hard to think of this as anything else but what you expected. The visuals, music, and plot were everything I expected so it's hard to think of this as amazing. It was good, but not amazing.

Oh no, how dare a director make a film in the style that he's known for. Sure, If you aren't a fan of the genre or the idea of 'separated love' then you may not enjoy this film as much as I did. But for myself who enjoys, but doesn't necessarily love Shinkai's other works, this film works for me on so many levels. This is by far superior to all of Shinkai's other films in my opinion. I love this film (but ofcourse I'm not saying everyone else has to like it as much as I did).
Sep 9, 2016 1:42 PM

Jun 2012
simply beautiful
Sep 9, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2015
I'd marry Makoto Shinkai. Goodness. Fuck me. An amazing film.
Sep 9, 2016 1:43 PM

Sep 2011
This is an episode discussion thread. Further posts below mine will be counted as spam if you continue with irrelevant image reactions, talking about how haters and such are going to come since it's rated highly. This is a DISCUSSION thread on the ANIME, not about its RATING.

Also, if you haven't seen the episode, do not comment here.
TyrelSep 9, 2016 1:52 PM
Sep 9, 2016 1:59 PM

Apr 2016
The character design is sooooo different from garden of words. It looks oriented to catch younger people too and with that to have a broader audience than with GOW.

Score will drop later, first to watch and rate are the fans and those who liked Shinkai's precedent works, then the others and with that those who can't like Shinkai's themes in any way and shouldn't have even tried.
Sep 9, 2016 2:13 PM
Feb 2008
Wow I didnt expect to enjoy this movie so much.

Especially from the end of the first part, my eyes were glued to the screen.

10/10, mostly because of the last few minutes. If they changed it at all to leave it open ended, my enjoyment would have sunk to 5/10.

when I heard about the movie last year, I was ehh when I learned it was from AnoHana's character designer ( I dont like their designs), but the screen adaptation of those designs were great, fit well with the movie. The scenery was verye beautiful, fit the mood well. It had a small cast of important characters, which was very nice.

When I have a chance to watch this again, I def wanna pay more attention to Taki, I wanna see if I can pinpoint the moment where 'you can sense things don't match up".
Sep 9, 2016 2:37 PM

Aug 2015
kamisama751 said:
Oh god, this movie gave me headache. The shorter Makoto Shinkai makes his show the better. All the longer ones I have watched are bad.

You have to accept the supernatural elements prima facie as part of the film. Thus, I don't think it's necessary to demand an explanation for the body swapping. It's like requiring an explanation for why FTL travel doesn't cause problems with aging and general relativity in Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
Sep 9, 2016 2:54 PM
Jan 2013
kamisama751 said:
Oh god, this movie gave me headache. The shorter Makoto Shinkai makes his show the better. All the longer ones I have watched are bad.

Remember that they're teenagers, and the scenes are called comedic relief? About a couple hundred people at least laughed at AX during the scenes, so I think it worked just fine.

Not sure what you mean by how the meteor crashing into the village was an unbelievable thing. First of all it's a movie in the supernatural genre, and so a lot of the plot elements are fictional by default and should be taken as such. Secondly, people have been killed irl from natural disasters / occurrences despite warnings as well. Hurricane Katrina much?

The soundtrack itself was created entirely by RADWIMPS, a Japanese rock band, and tbh the soundtrack was one of the highlights of the film for me.

If you take something too seriously and objectively your experience by default will most likely drop. Enjoy the film for what emotions it evoked and what message you possibly got out of it. But I mean I guess opinions are opinions, and I will respect that.
Sep 9, 2016 2:55 PM

Apr 2016
@kamisama751 During the last swap,the first thing he did was to squeeze the boobs even in such distress situation and I seriously didn't expect that. :3
Sep 9, 2016 2:59 PM

Aug 2015
kamisama751 said:
TheKillerAngel said:

You have to accept the supernatural elements prima facie as part of the film. Thus, I don't think it's necessary to demand an explanation for the body swapping. It's like requiring an explanation for why FTL travel doesn't cause problems with aging and general relativity in Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

When it is one of the core elements then the interest about it is also bigger. Heck, I don't even know that there is something like that with the technology used in Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu.

With the distances traveled in LoGH FTL is most definitely required - they do speak of light years/seconds and such.
Sep 9, 2016 3:07 PM

Nov 2015
Wow. It's ranked first.
Sep 9, 2016 3:30 PM

Jan 2010
The movie reminded me of "the girl who leapt through time" a lot...
and oh yeah I cried when the pen dropped as they were about to exchange their names :)
Sep 9, 2016 3:33 PM

Aug 2012
What happened to the movie? I can't find it online anymore :'(
Sep 9, 2016 3:33 PM
Jan 2013
kamisama751 said:

So they are teenagers excuses it? If the writer is incapable of doing something better/does smething wrong then everything can be blamed on teenagers? Wow.

Being teenagers doesn't excuse anything. What I meant was that they are teenagers with teenager mindsets, and given that mindset the touching scenes were in their own right appropriate and provided adequate comedic relief. Guess it didn't provide that for you then.

kamisama751 said:

So having supernatural elements means throwing logic away?
A: Hey, our village will be crushed by a meteorite because I can see the furutre so we need to get 500 people moving just for the sake of my instinct.
B: Sure let's do it.
I mean... dafuq?

Logic is not being thrown away. I think you might be understating the event and not incorporating any of the prior events that got them to agree to proceed with the plan, though I haven't watched the movie since July. I do agree that there were some plot holes in the movie, and some scenes that were hastily executed as well.

kamisama751 said:

Good for you but not for me. And names don't excuse anything.

It wasn't really Jpop to begin with but I will respect your opinion on not enjoying the soundtrack.

kamisama751 said:

I am not really sure what you mean here. Watching something by having your brain "on" is a big advantage. You can sense good and bad aspects of an artwork which leads you to understand them better. Thus also leads to knowing what and how enjoying is. Why should I "shut my brain off"? Sure, I don't do that and got a higher standard than most people here but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy anymore. In fact, after knowing about what is good and bad I enjoyed more than before.

I guess you're right on this aspect. By having a critical mindset and being able to discern the good and bad aspects it does help to analyze the movie better as a whole as well as understand the elements better. I think what I mean is that if you're too critical in watching something, you tend to overshadow the negative aspects that you get from it to the point where it too harshly impacts your overall impression and rating of a piece. Remember to consider the positive aspects and what the movie did well too before making a final judgment.
Sep 9, 2016 3:56 PM

Oct 2015
FreshTango said:
kamisama751 said:

So they are teenagers excuses it? If the writer is incapable of doing something better/does smething wrong then everything can be blamed on teenagers? Wow.

Being teenagers doesn't excuse anything. What I meant was that they are teenagers with teenager mindsets, and given that mindset the touching scenes were in their own right appropriate and provided adequate comedic relief. Guess it didn't provide that for you then.

kamisama751 said:

So having supernatural elements means throwing logic away?
A: Hey, our village will be crushed by a meteorite because I can see the furutre so we need to get 500 people moving just for the sake of my instinct.
B: Sure let's do it.
I mean... dafuq?

Logic is not being thrown away. I think you might be understating the event and not incorporating any of the prior events that got them to agree to proceed with the plan, though I haven't watched the movie since July. I do agree that there were some plot holes in the movie, and some scenes that were hastily executed as well.

kamisama751 said:

Good for you but not for me. And names don't excuse anything.

It wasn't really Jpop to begin with but I will respect your opinion on not enjoying the soundtrack.

kamisama751 said:

I am not really sure what you mean here. Watching something by having your brain "on" is a big advantage. You can sense good and bad aspects of an artwork which leads you to understand them better. Thus also leads to knowing what and how enjoying is. Why should I "shut my brain off"? Sure, I don't do that and got a higher standard than most people here but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy anymore. In fact, after knowing about what is good and bad I enjoyed more than before.

I guess you're right on this aspect. By having a critical mindset and being able to discern the good and bad aspects it does help to analyze the movie better as a whole as well as understand the elements better. I think what I mean is that if you're too critical in watching something, you tend to overshadow the negative aspects that you get from it to the point where it too harshly impacts your overall impression and rating of a piece. Remember to consider the positive aspects and what the movie did well too before making a final judgment.

I think it's better to ignore elitists, if you don't want to waste time by typing :/
Sep 9, 2016 3:59 PM

Jul 2014
not sure about rank 1 spot but i guess mal rankings don't really matter lol. That being said, it was a pretty good movie. The animation is absolutely superb
Sep 9, 2016 4:25 PM
Nov 2012
The pacing of this movie is awful.

The first maybe 30 minutes we get a brief, and I do mean brief, introduction to Taki and Mitsuha's lives and their relationship with the people around them. All the supporting characters are not memorable, about what you would expect in a "kore wa seishun" plot. Basically the sole reason for introducing these people on Mitsuha side is Shinkai's ineffective way of trying to make the viewers sad when they dies.

Then comes a music video, maybe 4 minutes long, of montages of the two improving, ruining, and messing around with each other's life. This should really be the meat of the story, showing Taki and Mitsuha's evolving relationship toward each other as they both develop into better people, while showcasing the side characters. But no, in this movie, Shinkai just tells you that's what happened or else Taki wouldn't give a fuck about upcoming Mitsuha's disappearance.

Up to this point, the only interaction between Taki and Mitsuha is in that 5 minutes interval of flash shots and voice overs. Then the meteor strikes, info dumps, and other crap happened and the rest of the movie is essentially Taki shouting "Mitsuha!!!!!!" and Mitsuha shouting "Turkey!!!!" back, with people running around. All in 40-ish minutes. Then the movie ends.

Kimi no na wa is figuratively an anime adaptation of a visual novel, trying to compress 10+ hours of material into 10% of the size, with undesirable results.

The best part of this movie is learning the etymology of "tasogare". 3/10
Sep 9, 2016 4:55 PM

Jan 2014
(Im not rating just telling how i felt after i just finished watching)
Randomly finds an anime movie. Seems interesting. Result: Welcome to the feels train of an amazing movie.

A master piece this.

Love these kind of movies.

I get the same feel like sakasama no patema(no spoiler) 2 different people trying to "connect" feels i get from these movies
Megalobst_UmuSep 9, 2016 5:01 PM
Sep 9, 2016 5:55 PM

Apr 2015
10/10 Fantastic movie. I had heard really good things about it when it was first shown at AX and it definitely lived up to the hype. This is probably my favorite anime movie of all time now. The emotional roller coaster was excruciating sometimes, especially towards the final 30 minutes of the movie. I was switching between nail-biting nervousness, grief, relief, and pure happiness so much. The ending was fantastic as well. It was very very similar to Steins;Gate's ending. The fact that they teased them meeting about three times before they actually met was so rage inducing but made the end when they finally met all the more satisfying. I love that they both instantly started crying too. Just amazing.
Sep 9, 2016 6:55 PM

Apr 2016
Why the heck no one notices that miki probably ended up with taki's four-eyed friend(they both had engagement rings),I really liked her character and she deserve better :(
Pages (28) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The only couple that could say they’ve been in each others shoes

Angglio_1 - Apr 9

19 by Fenyy »»
Apr 14, 9:03 AM

» Something I found about Makoto Shinkai's other work

past_feelings - Apr 10

36 by TheSkilledSnake »»
Apr 13, 1:25 PM

» Is Your Name the best and worst thing to happen for Makoto Shinkai?

JuliusKingsley0 - Dec 29, 2023

47 by taleco »»
Jan 2, 1:22 PM

» Happy birthday to you two..

Suka-7777-Suka - Nov 30, 2023

26 by apkaptn1 »»
Jan 2, 10:20 AM

» How? ( 1 2 )

phantomgamer098 - Jul 18, 2023

50 by cl3dson »»
Nov 19, 2023 9:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.