Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2016 1:53 PM

Apr 2015
Here an info drop that might some things into perspective. The guy that Felix knocks out is named Ketty and he is revealed to be a member of the Witch’s Cult. Ketty already appeared in episode 14 ( Around 21:25 ) and had a central role there. For once he and Otto are actually close buddies but Otto doesn’t know of his aqcuittance with the Cult. He was the one leading Subaru to Otto and he was also the one telling Otto that if he accepted Subaru’s offer he „would find his answers“. This means that Subaru’s meeting with Otto and his arrival at the mansion was all planned by Petelgeuse in advance which strengthens the theory about the gospel being able to predict the future. All this happened in volume 5 but I couldn’t talk about it because the foreshadowing goes so much further into the story and putting an emphasis on him back then would be basically a spoiler. The fact that Ketty was with the merchants all along explains why they suddenly protest against evacuating the villagers. Also let me ask you this. Have you seen Otto anywhere?
Sep 4, 2016 2:00 PM
Sep 2016
Sep 4, 2016 2:00 PM

Jan 2011
And Wilhelm continues his killing streak

Sep 4, 2016 2:01 PM

Oct 2013
Well I guess he'll probably start over from when they invade Betelgeuse's lair.
Sep 4, 2016 2:02 PM

Aug 2016
That ending really hit hard, the way Emilia turns to face the direction in which Subaru was slayed is the saddest part of the episode. Hopefully he gets another checkpoint though. I don't expect us going through the fight with the Whale all over again.
Sep 4, 2016 2:05 PM

Apr 2016
DAT WTH Ending O_O

need next episode NOW
Sep 4, 2016 2:06 PM

Jul 2016
Amazing episode. I cried a lot at the end.
A little bit rushed, but it's ok.
Sep 4, 2016 2:08 PM

Feb 2015
wow this series never disappoints, talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I suspect the respawn point will be much later now, man how are there only two episodes left?

This anime has been brilliant
Sep 4, 2016 2:13 PM

Jul 2009
FlameHaze19 said:

Topkek

@ How the fk Betelguese controled Subaru's body? It is because of the Authority of Sloth which he has or it's because of the grimoire?
Sep 4, 2016 2:16 PM

Feb 2016
The ending left me tear eyed. I'm experiencing a mixture of excitement, sadness,anger and curiosity bubbling up inside me. I never would have thought an anime could move so much.

What in the world....master piece this is,mater piece.
Sep 4, 2016 2:16 PM

May 2016
Was Emilia crying because she had to kill somebody or is it because the people still hate her guts?
Sep 4, 2016 2:17 PM
Oct 2014
Blank letter? Um.... didn't Rem write that? If thats blank...
Sep 4, 2016 2:19 PM

Dec 2014
The star of this episode was Felix and the other knight....
Sep 4, 2016 2:19 PM

Apr 2016
Oh man, that ending!

I never expected Subaru to become possessed by Sloth, but it makes sense, at least to me.

All this struggle, and now Subaru must redo this. Hopefully the checkpoint this time is set after the White Whale's death, but at least the villagers are still alive. Even so, if this entire episode is about to be repeated, that means that Emilia will probably not get her chance at redemption like she did at the end there. The villagers will probably hate her again, so the question becomes if it's worth it. To go through all of that again.

With only 2 episodes to go, I have no idea where this show is about to head to, but I am so exited for it.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Sep 4, 2016 2:20 PM

Apr 2013
damn great episode, ending was so good and ED song proves once again to be perfect fit
it was nice to see Emilia kicking ass for a change, she hasnt done much for a while now
Sep 4, 2016 2:20 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
ibraheem234 said:
The star of this episode was Felix and the other knight....

Especially Felis, crazy rise from him this episode.
Sep 4, 2016 2:22 PM
May 2015
Dude, I fucking knew it. Betelguese is still alive. He's physically dead but his spiritual being lives on. The moment Julius released that red spirit off Subaru, he got possessed by that fucking guy.

Also, am I the only one who had tears in his eyes because of that ending? Author, why you do this to me? Subaru has had enough suffering. I've had enough watching Subaru suffer..

5/5
jc9622Sep 4, 2016 2:28 PM

Sep 4, 2016 2:26 PM

May 2015
Yeah, that ending.... Subaru just got fucked again, ugh. That scene kinda hit me as well With Julius and Felix. I can't believe we have only two episodes left.
ReverberateSep 4, 2016 2:29 PM

Sep 4, 2016 2:27 PM
May 2015
Kirigaro92 said:
I don't think the restart point will be the same, prolly somewhere after they defeated the white whale.
I looked for the LN and it's at volume 8, with volume 9 coming this month...What are they gonna do with the next 2 eps?
The author is supervising the anime adaptation so he can tell the staff what to put for the next two episodes. I highly doubt the last two episodes will be anime-original content but then again, White Fox did Akame Ga Kill so there's that 1% chance. A 1% Chance that I hope doesn't fucking happen.

Sep 4, 2016 2:28 PM

Jun 2009
What an episode... I loved that improving relationship between Julius and Subaru. Poor Julius and Felis at the end, though. :( I was near tears. At least I got to see Emilia in battle. She and Puck were great.
Sep 4, 2016 2:29 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
jc9622 said:
Kirigaro92 said:
I don't think the restart point will be the same, prolly somewhere after they defeated the white whale.
I looked for the LN and it's at volume 8, with volume 9 coming this month...What are they gonna do with the next 2 eps?
The author is supervising the anime adaptation so he can tell the staff what to put for the next two episodes. I highly doubt the last two episodes will be anime-original content but then again, White Fox did Akame Ga Kill so there's that 1% chance. A 1% Chance that I hope doesn't fucking happen.

Tappei is doing everything so his story gets a full adaptation, so there's that, me thinks.
Sep 4, 2016 2:29 PM

Jul 2016
damn, just when i thought he finally got the good ending, this crap happens.

please don't tell me his reset is right before the whole Rem talk, cuz that'd really suck if that never happened ._.

damn, this show really ended up hyping itself up like crazy with this ep. only 2 eps left and really, anything could happen from how today's end was :O
Sep 4, 2016 2:30 PM

Feb 2016
-Abyss_Walker- said:
Was Emilia crying because she had to kill somebody or is it because the people still hate her guts?

Crying because she had to kill someone. She already knew people hated her guts,why cry now?
Sep 4, 2016 2:30 PM
Jan 2016
after all, this is re-zero it won't end an episode without being WOW!.
that Ending was really unexpected
Sep 4, 2016 2:35 PM

Jun 2014
This 2 questions contain heavy spoiler, so please skip if you really avoid major spoiler.

Sep 4, 2016 2:35 PM

Nov 2015
Omg no the ending, he died again! The suffer continues with only 2 episodes left:(

Sep 4, 2016 2:36 PM

Jan 2016
Zethorax said:
-Abyss_Walker- said:

Crying because she had to kill someone. She already knew people hated her guts,why cry now?

No, she was crying because in that moment, they didnt see her has the evil half elf but as someone who saved them. She's never had anything like tht
Sep 4, 2016 2:36 PM
Jan 2014
So I noticed that Emelia
. I'm beginning to go along with the Emelia is Satella/will be Satella theory. There was already the troll story that was told where one of the trolls pretends to be evil so the other troll can be friends with humans. Maybe Satella is tired of being hated (or jealous of not being loved) and is trying to set up Emelia to be a hero.
Sep 4, 2016 2:38 PM
Mar 2015
Felix actually died during that explosion. However, he can revive himself. Anime left out the part where he said that he died though.

Sep 4, 2016 2:38 PM

Jul 2013
FlameHaze19 said:

That old man was Ketty? I thought he was a different finger and that Ketty died during that explosion.
Anyway, nobody can stop Wilhelm, he is a fucking beast.

jc9622 said:
Also, am I the only one who had tears in his eyes because of that ending? Author, why you do this to me? Subaru has had enough suffering. I've had enough watching Subaru suffer..
Amd the worst hasn't come yet...
Sep 4, 2016 2:41 PM

Apr 2013
Damn after all what subaru achieved. Hope he gets a better revival point and he can fix it again.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 4, 2016 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
That ending really got to me. All of that work was nearly fruitless. At least it prepares them (particularly Subaru) better for the future, but this single encounter has been continuing seemingly forever... I felt terrible for Felis and Julius at the end (and of course, Subaru). To have to kill Subaru like that... :(
Sep 4, 2016 2:47 PM

Sep 2013
No no no no no no
We better not have to go through these last few days again
It would be soooo tedious and annoying given how far we got >_<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2016 2:51 PM
Dec 2015
Oh God this ending! Now we have just more 2 episodes for the conclusion.... After i'll go to the novel!
Sep 4, 2016 2:51 PM

Apr 2014
That moment when you realise what the finger of sloth said was actually important to Subaru. He said he'd never die, and what does Subaru never do, Die! This is gonna be really interesting how this will play out next episode.
Sep 4, 2016 2:52 PM

Dec 2014
Betelguese is best boy soz
Sep 4, 2016 2:57 PM

Nov 2015
Emilia being a badass is always nice to see, also i missed Ram's incredible levels of sass.
Sep 4, 2016 2:57 PM
Feb 2008
Just overkill episode. Hmmm Ram gets an empty letter, so I guess everyone knows what it means. But that ending... just super sad. But what is most sad for me, just 2 more episode lefts and we don´t have an idea, if it will get a second season.
Emilia scene was just awesome this episode.
Sep 4, 2016 3:00 PM

Sep 2015
its not re zero if you can't get best ending (nobody die)

some of them can act normal is creap me a lot
betelgeuss with normal face on subaru body is creepy too
Into the Internet!
Sep 4, 2016 3:01 PM

Aug 2016
Seangel said:
This 2 questions contain heavy spoiler, so please skip if you really avoid major spoiler.

Yes and yes .. i guess thats a sign for an other season .. since i dont think white fox would let this series end like that
안녕 내게 다가와 수줍은 향기를 안겨 주던 너 희미한 꿈 속에서 눈이 부시도록 반짝였어 설레임에 나도 모르게
한발 두발 네게 다가가 너의 곁에 남아 너의 미소에 내 마음이 녹아내려 눈이 마주쳤을 땐 두근거려
oh 너의 가슴에 내 미소를 기억해줘 하루에도 몇번씩 생각해줘 oh 너에게 하고 싶은 그 말 you’re beautiful
고마워 날 만나서 한결 같았던 니 모습이 보여 나를 기다려 왔던 너의 짙은 향기 깊은 울림 알 수 없는 강한 이끌림
너를 향한 나의 두 날개 펼쳐주고 싶어 너의 미소에 내 마음이 녹아내려 눈이 마주쳤을 땐 두근거려
oh 너의 봄날에 내 노래를 들려줄게 하루에도 몇번씩 생각해줘 oh 이렇게 너를 생각해
you’re beautiful 나를 반겨줘 뚜뚜뚜루루루 설레여 구름 위를 걷는 듯 거짓말 같이 난 네게 다가가 한발 더
다시 찾아온 너와 나의 계절에 기억할 수 있겠니 뚜루루루루뚜뚜 oh yeh all right 너를 만난 걸 행운이라 생각해
우리 다시 만나면 말해 줄래 fly to you 내 곁에 있어줘 you’re beautiful!
Sep 4, 2016 3:05 PM

Feb 2016
_Hans_ said:
Zethorax said:

No, she was crying because in that moment, they didn't see her has the evil half elf but as someone who saved them. She's never had anything like tht

Nope. That's just you're interpretation,I'm not saying it's wrong but it's unlikely.

I think she was crying,mainly because of 3 reasons. Reason 1 and 2 being most likely.

1. The villagers,a majority of them are dead. We all know Emilia is a softy and seeing people she was meant to protect dead or suffering, broke her.

2.She killed someone. We have not seen Emilia kill anyone throughout the anime. This might be the first time she does and it messed with her.

3.Overwhelmed. Everything happened so fast,she was helpless to stop it even though she had prior knowledge of it.She was just overwhelmed by everything and cried.

The villagers still didn't acknowledge her. Look at their faces,some were discontent. No one cheered. They clearly still blamed her for what occurred. So no,they still see her as an evil half elf,it would take more than killing one member of the witches cult to convince them otherwise.
Sep 4, 2016 3:07 PM

May 2013
Stark700 said:

Are all their members that crazy?

It's only 1 guy. :D Betelgeuse's spirit/soul is wandering body to body after a body dies. The spirit inside Barusu's body was Bete as well.

Good episode tho! Juli has a bunch of spirits o.O Dayum. Wonder how Barusu gonna handle the situation after the resurrection.
Sep 4, 2016 3:10 PM

Nov 2013
melodykpop said:
Heitokun said:
I teared up a bit when they where about to kill Subaru, you can see Julius and Felis really care about him, damn it I really hate Petelguise, I'm really sad this anime is ending, I'm really curious to see how they're going to adapt the last part of this arc, and I hope they don't skip *that* important thing.

what is *that*?
i'm curious

Spoiling that is a crime lol...but it's your choice, it's a HEAVY spoiler, so open it at your own risk...

Feb 2016
limith said:
So I noticed that Emelia
. I'm beginning to go along with the Emelia is Satella/will be Satella theory. There was already the troll story that was told where one of the trolls pretends to be evil so the other troll can be friends with humans. Maybe Satella is tired of being hated (or jealous of not being loved) and is trying to set up Emelia to be a hero.

Emilia is Satella? Hmmmmm...unlikely. The witches scent does not emanate from her otherwise,Rem and Ram would not have flipped out when it came from Subaru. Thanking them from being defeated i s weird though,thanks for bringing that up.

Maybe Satella sealed away her true self and is Emilia is actually just a vessel,who knows?

Feb 2016
Obiwans said:
Does anyone know a site where i can watch the preview of the next episode? I know a youtube but they only post 1 day before the episode airs x)

I need to know what happens next!

Kadokawa anime is the original, just sub to them, usually out on friday but this time it was saturday.

Sep 4, 2016 3:11 PM

Apr 2016
Why is this happening? WILL ALL THAT WORK GO TO WASTE?! NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sep 4, 2016 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
Another crazy and disturbing episode.

It was nice to get some development between Subaru and Julius.
Sep 4, 2016 3:13 PM

Mar 2015
Seeing Subaru acting like Beltégeuse was quite a sight.

Also, I noticed a huge drop in animation quality. It was the worst episode yet in terms of animation.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Sep 4, 2016 3:14 PM
Jul 2015
to be honest, i kinda hope that subaru will return to the point he first started at in that world when the anime ends :b
Sep 4, 2016 3:17 PM

Mar 2010
Man I need the track that was playing when Emilia was fighting Betelgeuse. This OST is sooo good!

RedaJaNai said:
Seeing Subaru acting like Beltégeuse was quite a sight.

Also, I noticed a huge drop in animation quality. It was the worst episode yet in terms of animation.

What? This one of better animated episodes in the series.

Well each to his own.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.