Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 25, 2016 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, glad to see the show returning to manga storyline again.

Very glad to see Kyouka making her appearance and Yoshino getting far more screen time than any other episode. They adapted most of what I had expected including the bomb plot (is it just me or does this show really has a thing for bombings?)

Akiko Yoshino is really fun to watch. Kyouka is also a very mysterious character, good episode overall. I think Bones really doing justice so far with the story. Demon Snow is pretty awesome imo.

May 25, 2016 9:32 AM

Nov 2007
Mamo's character went missing from a girl (mafia member) taking him away. Short hair lady asked main guy for the help on shopping. She's a special doctor in the team. They accidentally got into the train that mafia member using bomb got.

The doctor lady is more scarier than the bomb guy. She said she doesn't have parents and was cared by the mafia. Not sure if main guy was able control his power, but he was able to win against that girl using his power. So the girl has the bomb herself. She doesn't want to kill anymore as she already killed many people for the team using cellphone, so she attempted to commit suicide. He saved her life.

He accompanies her around next.
tsubasaloverMay 25, 2016 10:15 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 25, 2016 11:16 AM

Jan 2015
Well that seems to be expected. Dazai that likes to do something "weird" and when he didn't show up in the office, you get that kind of "answer" from his colleague. LOL
Now I see the scary side of Yosano. Not the creepy-pervy side, but creepy-scary side. Especially after knowing about the "condition" for her own power.
Atsushi's planning to sacrifice himself again, that's just too bad.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 25, 2016 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
Yosano is sure so scary!

Kyouka is such a mysterious character.
May 25, 2016 11:39 AM

Nov 2012
I am quite surprise Kyouka was saved at the end; I wasn't expecting that.
May 25, 2016 11:41 AM

Jul 2014
Kyouka seems like one of the more interesting characters so far, so her prominence in this episode made it pretty good.
May 25, 2016 11:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Akiko is best girl...Holy fuck I love her so much

Her personality is already a turn on for me but damn, her ability is pretty awesome and the requirements in order to use it are scary af lol but no wonder she was able to save the "siblings"

Loved the action scenes in this one and I also really liked Kyouka as well....I hope that that joins the agency because I like her and Atsushi together....Poor Dazai though
TokoyaMay 25, 2016 11:46 AM
May 25, 2016 11:58 AM

Jun 2014
It was cool to see Yosano get some more screen time. She has quite the interesting personality, and her ability is pretty cool too (too bad the injuries have to be lethal, it'd be pretty convenient if she could heal any wound). Looks like Dazai is in some trouble, I wonder what's going on on his end.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 25, 2016 12:02 PM

Mar 2008
Thank god this episode didn't have unnecessary funny scenes this time. We've actually watched a decent episode with action, plot development and new characters.
May 25, 2016 12:15 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Tiger Boy finally used his ability. Lady Doctor is my favorite character now. Best episode yet.......8/10.
May 25, 2016 12:16 PM

Jul 2015
That doctor is awesome. Her ability is pretty inconvenient but helpful? In a way. That little girl is interesting.
May 25, 2016 12:25 PM

Mar 2016
WE'LL FINALLY GET CHUUYA IN THE NEXT EPISODE MY HUSBAND
May 25, 2016 12:25 PM

Nov 2011
Akiko and Kyouka are BABES! They should have been in this anime since episode 1 but hell if it means all the screen time now I'll take it.

I did like how Atsushi is starting to control his powers more though. He has the Noble cause of protecting people and Live which I think fits the story quite well.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 25, 2016 12:26 PM

Mar 2016
And that is why people yosano is my favorite character . Man I'm glad she's okay . Fuckin hot and OP ability . Looks like people will start shipping atsushi and Kyouka . Btw poor kyouka having her ability controlled by akutagawa's voice from cell phone . Dazai is captured too , damn . Btw good job from Yosano's VA giving the character that sadist and scary voice . Also lol at tanizaki shitting his pants after remembering his treatment .
Shishou_23May 25, 2016 12:36 PM
May 25, 2016 12:30 PM

Mar 2016
Gaelenmyr said:
Thank god this episode didn't have unnecessary funny scenes this time. We've actually watched a decent episode with action, plot development and new characters.

The funny scenes aren't bad as people say they are . Dazai teasing kunikida is one of funniest things actually in this show.
May 25, 2016 12:33 PM

Mar 2008
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Gaelenmyr said:

The funny scenes aren't bad as people say they are . Dazai teasing kunikida is one of funniest things actually in this show.

I'm okay with few, I like seeing Dazai teasing Kunikida and Atsushi being confused at everything. But sometimes producers exaggerate it. Anime tries to be serious, shows us gore, and then, random comedy scene.
May 25, 2016 12:43 PM

Sep 2015
Best episode so far imo even if Dazai just got a little screen time
Yosano and Kyouka *o*
May 25, 2016 12:50 PM

Aug 2015
Nice episode and FINALLY more action and drama than the typican "I cant decide between comedy and serious stuff"... That phone tho, even working after being jumped by a tiger and falling into water? must be a nokia.
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
May 25, 2016 12:52 PM

May 2015
Now, that was a great and marvelous episode. About time it gets this good. Akiko is a little bit crazy, but damn, she's smokin' good. That Demon Snow was bad news though. Judging from the preview, next episode is looking good as well. I think I'm really going to like this new girl.

May 25, 2016 12:53 PM

Dec 2015

Chuuya finally shows up, even if it was just in the after credits.

This episode was certainly one of my favourites so far, good action and a little bit of comedy and finally got to see a few more of the ability users in action.

Obviously Dazai going missing is completely normal and he's just 'in some river' so who needs to worry about him? Right?

May 25, 2016 1:15 PM

Jul 2007
So this week we focus on Akiko Yosano, one of the most famous japanese writers who influenced the movement of feminism in Japan. Her themes and message are the total opposite of Tanizaki who feared the "free and educated western woman" idea and shamed as dangerous.

Akiko uses the same idea but portrays a sexually-active free and strong woman as a good thing - a sort of emancipation from conservative "honest silent wife' stereotype and her writing overall goes against the basis of conservative closed-off Japanese societal beliefs.

So its only fitting that her character is extremely brutal in portrayal defying the stereotype of "japanese woman" - she is a character who refuses to go down or accept defeat. Someone who has a strong presence in the scenes she is in.

At the same time the episode also introduces to us Kyoka Izumi. Real life Izumi was one of the more prominent supernatural writers in Japan, yet he also did not stray away from adding quite a bit of social commentary into his works - he used the mythological and supernatural to emphasize the problems he saw within society.

Hilariously this episode's story of Akiko and Atsushi's adventure might as well been written by Izumi considering that kind of interaction is frequently seen in his works(ex: Holy Man of Mount Koya which is about a young priest encountering a sexually attractive alluring older woman with demonic powers, who ends up teaching the priest a lot about life and hypocrisy of right and wrong)

Overall another strong episode in line of strong episodes that draw a lot from real life histories of the writers that the characters are based upon. This is basically Kekkai Sensen but with added level of meta depth that would make any lover of Japanese literature drool in joy

5/5 for the episode.
AhenshihaelMay 25, 2016 1:29 PM
May 25, 2016 1:18 PM

Sep 2009
Female characters like Yosano are so refreshing. Strong, intelligent, and confident. Anime could do with more characters like her.

Looks like there really was a teaser in the OP song about Chuuya appearing in ep 9
May 25, 2016 1:23 PM

Mar 2016
Fai said:
So this week we focus on Akiko Yosano, one of the most famous japanese writers who influenced the movement of feminism in Japan. Her themes and message are the total opposite of Tanizaki who feared the "free and educated western woman" idea and shamed as dangerous.

Akiko uses the same idea but portrays a sexually-active free and strong woman as a good thing - a sort of emancipation from conservative "honest silent wife' stereotype and her writing overall goes against the basis of conservative closed-off Japanese societal beliefs.

So its only fitting that her character is extremely brutal in portrayal defying the stereotype of "japanese woman" - she is a character who refuses to go down or accept defeat. Someone who has a strong presence in the scenes she is in.

At the same time the episode also introduces to us Kyoka Izumi. Real life Izumi was one of the more prominent supernatural writers in Japan, yet he also did not stray away from adding quite a bit of social commentary into his works - he used the mythological and supernatural to emphasize the problems he saw within society.

Hilariously this episode's story of Akiko and Atsushi's adventure might as well been written by Izumi considering that kind of interaction is frequently seen in his works(ex: Holy Man of Mount Kyoka which is about a young priest encountering a sexually attractive alluring older woman with demonic powers, who ends up teaching the priest a lot about life and hypocrisy of right and wrong)

5/5 for the episode.

I liked the reference when akiko said men and women are equal in the modern world
May 25, 2016 1:27 PM

Sep 2015
Wew now she is one cool doctor! I hope we get to see even more of her

This episode felt the most exiting, I'm really looking forward to the next one.
May 25, 2016 1:29 PM

Apr 2013
Best episode so far, finally get to see the MC do MC things and be useful on his own for once. Hopefully he keeps it up.
May 25, 2016 1:41 PM

Sep 2015
Akiko is AWESOME! Such an elegant, beautiful & badass woman! Also Kyouka is really beautiful and interesting. Atsushi was pretty cool this ep. Can't wait for Chuuya's appeareance next week!! 5/5
May 25, 2016 1:45 PM

Apr 2014
Akiko is a badass doctor

May 25, 2016 1:46 PM

Dec 2014
a powerful episode indeed... felt a little bad for Dazai in the end
May 25, 2016 2:00 PM
Dec 2015
the past couple episodes have been soo good! everyone just needed to give this show time. im glad they arent rushing into anything, im really liking this!
May 25, 2016 2:14 PM

Apr 2016
The last few episodes were a bit boring, that’s why I was happy about this really good episode! I didn’t like Atsushi that much in the last episodes but in this one he was pretty cool and funny! But my favourite Character in this episode was Akiko XD She’s just so much fun! I love how everyone is afraid of her when she’s actually there to heal people ;) Well let’s talk about Atsushis probably new love interest. I liked Kyouka in this episode because she wasn’t the perfect girl and she seems to be intersting. But I’m scared that she will become the perfect girl now she was rescued… That would be really bad. Weeeell we will see!
And Dazai seems to be in danger. I think it's getting more exciting now!
May 25, 2016 2:18 PM

Jun 2015
I wan to know how Akiko heals her patients so bad its killing me, but I cant seem to find out....This is a problem lol
May 25, 2016 2:45 PM

Sep 2010
I'm really glad the main focus was on Yosano this episode, but Atsushi is also slowly beginning to control his "gift". =D

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
May 25, 2016 2:52 PM

Feb 2015
So they finally toned down the crappy comedy and surprise, surprise we get the best episode of the series. Akiko is awesome and needs more screen time. The story actually made sense and felt well written this week.

I hope we get less goofy comedy from now on and more focus on the story.
May 25, 2016 3:10 PM

Feb 2015
Yosano is really amazing! I like her personality and style a lot, she somehow feels more detective-y than most of the other characters. And Kyouka seems like an interesting character as well.
May 25, 2016 3:10 PM

Jun 2010
I loved the episode. Finally having some action and more characters.
I love Kyouka. She's very pretty and somehow I pity her.
And the devil snow is cool!

Great ending!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2016 3:30 PM
Jul 2015
When someone hands me a detonator my first instinct is also to immediately push the only button on the fucking thing.
This is man's ultimate fighting machine. The synthetic life form know as Evangelion, Unit 01. Built here in secret, it is mankind’s last hope.
May 25, 2016 3:42 PM

Aug 2015
Loved Akiko Yoshino. Episode was pretty good, looks like the mc has fallen for that girl. Poor Dazai was caught ooooh noo!
May 25, 2016 3:44 PM

Jul 2014
This is definitely the best episode so far. I think I actually like Akiko the most out of any of the characters in the show. I also like how they alluded to her performing sexual services to her patients but in this episode we find out how her ability truly works... the earlier episodes make sense now.

I also enjoyed the lack of forced humor and varied action sequences in the episode. Looks like the series might end up alright after all.
"Man always thinks about the past before he dies, as if he were frantically searching for proof that he truly lived." -Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop)
May 25, 2016 3:53 PM

Apr 2015
Atsushi's met with a dangerous crisis as he struggles to use his ability effectively against Kyouka, who turns out to have a similar problem but is also being used as a pawn for Akutagawa. The action this episode was pretty decent and Yosano shows some badassery of her own too. Although the previous weeks felt a bit dull, things are picking up and getting back into the main storyline.
May 25, 2016 4:00 PM

Dec 2012
Nice to see Yosano in the spotlight this episode. She is so awesome & badass.
The Port Mafia are already onto Atsushi.
That bastard Kajii stepping on Yosano. Those punches she was landing on him were satisfying to watch.
Seems like Atsushi can control some of his transformation.
Kyouka's "Demon Snow" looks really cool. Glad she didn't get blown up. Don't want to see another girl die.
Dazai's been caught by Akutagawa.
Santoryu_XBurnerMay 25, 2016 4:05 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 25, 2016 4:16 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Akiko can treat me any time. That personality of hers is a total turn on.

This was a great episode I think. I actually wasn't expecting Atsushi to save her, but I'm glad he did. This girl could have a great comeback by joining the Agency.
May 25, 2016 4:23 PM

Sep 2014
That was actually a pretty good episode! Only if the series was like this since the beginning...

I hope we see more of Kyouka, I liked her character.

Also Flashback-kun makes his appearances again -.-
May 25, 2016 4:32 PM

Nov 2015

This episode was so good! I loved it.
Truth be told, with the music and those scenes of Kyouka I was touched... (It had this Kara no Kyoukai vive in it. Akiko's ability is finally revealed and how it everything does make sense now... Now we know why Tanizaki was always freaked out.
Atsushi is slowly controlling his ability, and wow, that was one hell of a rescue!
Meanwhile, the star of the show, Dazai, is kidnaped...

I have to comment about it, I felt sorry for Kyouka short story... her appearance was made in a way so we could fell sorry for her. Well presented. (But I admit I was already getting tired of Atsushi's)

This is the best episode so far.

Oh, judging from what we can see... they are going to ship Atsushi and Kyouka together. I expected she was gonna be with Dazai but in this episode, after seeing how small she is and her angelic voice she's more of Atsushi's age. It feels weird given that Atsushi seems to be a bit gay (?) but I don't know, he has green light from me jaja. He can go and try with her, and as we see in the preview, he's fast!

HumbertoZeroMay 25, 2016 4:55 PM
May 25, 2016 4:40 PM

Apr 2014
Good episode, Kyouka will probably join the ADA next episode, which is all fine by me. :)
May 25, 2016 5:21 PM

Apr 2015
BEST EPISODE! :O

That preview though... I smell a new ship! <3
I hope that the next episodes would be like more interesting and emphasized on what this anime is all about...
HunterKhimMay 25, 2016 5:35 PM
Credits: @Fanatique1337
May 25, 2016 7:01 PM

Mar 2014
Kyouka sure is cute, I look forward to seeing more of her !!

May 25, 2016 7:38 PM

Jan 2014
I'm annoyed that what happened last episode with Dazai was brushed off as if it never happened and no one was affected...

Besides that, this episode was really good. I'm glad Atsushi saved Kyouka.
May 25, 2016 8:05 PM

Jul 2010
Ah, I love Yosano!She's really a good character, and I'm glad Kyouka was saved, I didn't want her to die so early.

velvetprayer said:

Looks like there really was a teaser in the OP song about Chuuya appearing in ep 9

HOLY
May 25, 2016 8:10 PM

Sep 2013
Quite dramatic but still good. Rather dark show I'd say.

PS: want more stuff about last episode events...
May 25, 2016 8:10 PM

Mar 2016
sierrabuhagiar said:
the past couple episodes have been soo good! everyone just needed to give this show time. im glad they arent rushing into anything, im really liking this!

Agree with you :) reused flashbacks aside, this is best episode so far imo
No seriously.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2016

368 by Devonnius »»
Apr 14, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2016

159 by yahn0928 »»
Apr 2, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2016

144 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Apr 1, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2016

153 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2016

203 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 11:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.