Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dimension W
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 31, 2016 2:03 PM

Jun 2013
shit man these beasts of Grendel look awesome that fight was cool
and is it just me or does he look like Johnny Depp?!
AxelucardJan 31, 2016 2:10 PM
Jan 31, 2016 3:01 PM

Dec 2012
Poor Mira she is afraid of ghosts.
Elizabeth makes an appearance. She looks nice in that outfit.
Kyouma having a little fight with Al.
Looks like another Numbers is involved.
These things are really frightening.
Mira running away from that crazy girl is like a horror movie.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 31, 2016 3:01 PM

Jun 2014
How does one enter a dream like Mira did? It must be some kind of virus affecting her A.I operations, which made her see all those illusions that depicted Sakaki's horror works. Quite gruesome what the mindless fools where going to do her if she wasn't saved.

Kyouma and Albert Schumann have an intricate relationship considering he is a former member from the war. Jumping from 3 stories is happening everywhere!

Mira's hot body 10/10. Kyouma should use her as a sex toy by now. She has some value~ kidding.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 31, 2016 3:03 PM

Jan 2014
edgy af
moe af
mira oh baby plz dun rekt that qt
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Jan 31, 2016 3:22 PM

Nov 2011
Very impressed with what i'm seeing, each arc aims at displaying what coils are capable of and they're meshing world building with it very well.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 31, 2016 3:42 PM

May 2015
Nice episode. Sometimes here and there I felt like I was watching some horror, lol. Well, can't wait for next episode after that cliffhanger.

Jan 31, 2016 4:15 PM

Aug 2015
I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm liking this case.
Jan 31, 2016 4:50 PM

Mar 2008
Ep was interesting, but this two parter could easily be a three parter.

It was quick. Not too rushed as to be bad, but they didn't have time to build the atmosphere of horror, which is something you need in a horror story. With everything so quick, you can't really have time to process the character's fear.

Well, 12 eps makes it like that, unfortunately, When the arc ends boom, half series is gone. And they introduced a new character which will need episodes to tell her story.

Not to mention finishing the thief's plot. I fear this series will be too rushed.
Jan 31, 2016 4:51 PM

Jun 2015
I'm so glad that I decided to stick with Dimension W for longer, cause it's finally getting really interesting!
Jan 31, 2016 5:41 PM

Apr 2014
This just got even more interesting...ghost!
Elizabeth show up and damn is she a cute loli lol.
Dimension W...so it's like a parallel world.
Mira got caught and the key to get into dimension W is through that short hair girl.
It just keep getting better and better...also still want to know why Kyoma hate coil so much.
Jan 31, 2016 6:17 PM

Jan 2011
Mascera said:
Barion-Zara said:

NSFW w/o subs for research purposes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh, You. Come on now. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

oh you guys ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) find it funny she got trapped with the classic horror trope of running away in a bathtowel
Jan 31, 2016 6:22 PM

Nov 2014
good thing i read the manga, if i didn't i'd be damn confused

and that is a bad thing for anime only's

3/5
Jan 31, 2016 6:34 PM

Apr 2015
katsu044 said:
Mascera said:

Oh, You. Come on now. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

oh you guys ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) find it funny she got trapped with the classic horror trope of running away in a bathtowel

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

that battle scene between Kyouma and Albert is awesome...
like the atmosphere of this episode... Ghost Story
That gore too...
Great episode
Jan 31, 2016 6:34 PM

Oct 2015
That was confusing...
If someone could explain what happened.

That was a very intriguing episode even if I didn't get what was going on half the time.
The ghost mystery seems rather complicated I would love to see how it ends.

I think this is one of best this season. Most things in the series seem to be very well done imo.
Jan 31, 2016 7:12 PM

Sep 2013
So basically Mira is like to be called rubbish? What a cute reaction
Damn body too
Jan 31, 2016 7:50 PM

Oct 2013
The fan service was the best part of this episode. Shit Mira's hot.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 31, 2016 8:26 PM

Feb 2013
Barion-Zara said:

NSFW w/o subs for research purposes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Someone should Photoshop some nice pink nips, you know because I am a pervert.
Jan 31, 2016 9:14 PM
Jan 2016
I thought it would be a full-fledged mystery episode, but I guess it's pretty apparent it wouldn't be one since Albert said earlier it's not about who killed the victim. Anyway, it's interesting how Mira somehow hacked & transferred into another dimension. And that's possibly dimension W.

Axelucard said:
\and is it just me or does he look like Johnny Depp?!

Not really. Maybe the hair is similar, but nothing else.

m4rc0 said:
It was quick. Not too rushed as to be bad, but they didn't have time to build the atmosphere of horror, which is something you need in a horror story. With everything so quick, you can't really have time to process the character's fear.

Not to mention finishing the thief's plot. I fear this series will be too rushed.

I agree. While I understand this was not supposed to be a horror episode, a bit of effort to make it feel like a horror would have made the episode better. Though I believe the episode did not have the horror atmosphere because of the presentation, not so much about the pacing.

I think the thief episode was not supposed to be an arc/standalone plot, it was just an introduction to the character. We probably will meet him again for the main storyline.

Ku-ri-su said:
That was confusing...

Basically there's an accident with one of the Numbers coil in the lake(used to be a village) 21 years ago & that accident lead to some ghost sighting and the death of the novelist.
Jan 31, 2016 10:13 PM

Oct 2015
Ku-ri-su said:
That was confusing...

TheServant said:
Basically there's an accident with one of the Numbers coil in the lake(used to be a village) 21 years ago & that accident lead to some ghost sighting and the death of the novelist.

Thank you. That makes a lot more sense to me now.
Jan 31, 2016 10:13 PM

Jan 2015
this ep escalated fast but it was still very good.

very curious about the beast of grendel thing
blondie seems cool but mira still no.1 ~

the "horror" and "dreams" seem to be the dimension w and the sister's dreams are the link/gateway. maybe.

definitely the best series this season for me

a week til next ep :(
Jan 31, 2016 10:20 PM
Jul 2018
LOL the part where they were all gathered at the entrance in the beginning felt like the beginning of a murder mystery like clue.

The flashback scenes in the past were pretty f*cked up looking. Made me want see those scenes adapted to a full horror series, it would make a pretty good horror manga.
Jan 31, 2016 10:27 PM
Jan 2016
Ku-ri-su said:

It's not a problem.
Feb 1, 2016 1:12 AM
Nov 2015
Hmm even though they packed 9 chapters or whatever into one episode, i gotta say they did a really good job at keeping all the important things for the mainstory and thus made it a lot more thrilling and dynamic than the original.

They cut out all the unnecessary stuff like the backstory for each side character or the prolonging mystery things like the police showing up after the 2nd death, shutting down the place and investigating everything.

As for all the questions and confusion, im sure further explanation will follow in the next episode. In some way they still created new "mystery" by leaving out a few minor things for now that for example would have explained miras current condition.

Speaking of which ... that robot babe has more personality and cuteness than most of the curent generic female characters that you see in most animes.
And yes .. she is a very "well-made robot" indeed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Still my favorite AOTS, good story, likeable characters, great animation and beautiful art (more water :D)
Feb 1, 2016 2:22 AM

Sep 2014
Let me first say this. The doctor/scientis dude knows nothing about the human anatomy. Screw that. The animators know nothing about human anatomy. Did we not learn anything from K: Return of the King and Lt. Jumbo Ass McOppai and that scene where it looked like she separated from her hips?

So we get to see a new collector, are thrown into the world of an alternate reality because of a numbers, and have yet to see the numbers. BUT, we are given a hint that the sister and her dreams are the key. I'm guessing she is the numbers.

Also, with the author dude dead in the real plain of existence or what ever the fuck it's called, but "alive" in the other, are we to assume he planned this from the start?

Oh, and someone shared this in another place....Enjoy!
For those whom it may concern ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 1, 2016 2:51 AM

Jun 2015
Hmm i'm kinda missed out a very important thing. What is numbers again?
Feb 1, 2016 3:12 AM

Aug 2008
@Fredo_p Well, at least here you can explain her with being a machine. She can break her spine and quickly fix it if fanservice calls for it. I think most viewers were too occupied with top and bottom to nocie anything funny going on in the middle...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 1, 2016 3:13 AM
Jan 2016
tomohiko27 said:
Hmm i'm kinda missed out a very important thing. What is numbers again?

The prototypes of the coil. They usually indicated by the reg. number on the coil & have limitless amount of power from Dimension W compared to the current coils which only use limited amount of power.
Feb 1, 2016 3:15 AM

Mar 2015
michaelh19 said:
katsu044 said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

that battle scene between Kyouma and Albert is awesome...
like the atmosphere of this episode... Ghost Story
That gore too...
Great episode

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Albert has a very punch-able face so I'm glad that Kyouma just snap and fist to the face.
I hate to say this but this episode made me realize that even this show turns out to be shit I'd still come to get my weekly dose of Mira. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Feb 1, 2016 3:49 AM

Mar 2015
it's soo fucking fast, lol. glad that i am amnga reader so i still understand most of it
Ku-ri-su said:
Ku-ri-su said:
That was confusing...

TheServant said:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedFeb 1, 2016 7:45 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 1, 2016 6:21 AM

Dec 2014
very interesting episode, can't wait for next week
Feb 1, 2016 6:28 AM

Sep 2014
Eh. Blatant fanservice, but whatever. Ok ep I guess.
Feb 1, 2016 6:35 AM

Dec 2015
Oo...new characters. So, the owner of the hotel has connections with the numbers?

Where is Loser in all of this? I know he's connected with the numbers. Maybe they just are building up some more before bringing him back in.

And I want to hear more about the Beasts of Grendel.
Feb 1, 2016 6:36 AM

Dec 2010
...short intro to Gothic-lilo-vampire, the numbers are pretty much beyond Sci-fi to a point of too hard understand

...I guess Kyouma like to read huh, at least let her sleep in the bed

...maybe BONES should have animated this oh well
Feb 1, 2016 7:08 AM
Jan 2016
AnimeThink said:

Why? The animation quality & visuals are absolutely well done so far.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ShockedFeb 1, 2016 7:46 AM
Feb 1, 2016 8:30 AM

Aug 2008
AnimeThink said:
Definitely not, Bones sucks at making adaptations, they should stick to anime originals. It would make more sense if you said Madhouse but this show looks very good already.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 1, 2016 8:31 AM

Nov 2013
Dimension W shows why it's one of the best of this season. Can we cancel Luck & Logic and get one more episode per week of DW? I would love it!

A creepy episode, I didn't see this coming. I loved how they used the ghost stories to connect another dimension with the actual one. Although I'm a little confused (but that's because, as someone said, they compressed a lot of information in only one episode, the manga is more detailed, a friend told me), I'm enjoying this arc.

I love the interactions of Kyouma and Mira, I laugh a lot buahahaha. Love to see that he treat her as a comrade, almost a boy, not like a potential fuck who is made of glass. And also her personality, I really love.

4/5 for this episode (I would give it 5/5, but I'm still a little confused with everything)

-------------------

Axelucard said:
and is it just me or does he look like Johnny Depp?!

OH MY.................

My momma, your momma, gonna catch a witch,
My momma, your momma, flying on a switch,
My momma, your momma, witches never cry,
My momma, your momma, witches gonna die!

AWC 2017 | Anime list | Manga list
Feb 1, 2016 8:39 AM

Feb 2015
Zeando said:
Antanaru said:
It feels a bit rushed, there wasn't enough time to digest what is actually going on.

9 chapters into 1 episode :u calling it rushed is a compliment
anime-onlys are lucky to only slightly notice it

I'm not shocked by this, and as a anime watcher only (For now plan on buying the manga as it comes out for sure) I can say that this episode is still very good. And it will become better once I get into the manga this year.

The anime is doing it's job and making me want to buy the manga and learn more of the world and it's characters.

4/5 for this week
Feb 1, 2016 9:39 AM

Aug 2008
@FallenUndead If anime only makes you want to buy the source material then it's a failure. It's supposed to be a medium of telling a story, not just another way to make advertisements. If you need to "get into the manga" for an episode to be better than it fails as a standalone series.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 1, 2016 10:15 AM

May 2011
Antanaru said:
Quite a bizarre episode. Looks like this series gravitates more towards supernatural than sci-fi. It feels a bit rushed, there wasn't enough time to digest what is actually going on. Cheesecake was nice though. Once again, real shame it's only 13 episodes.

re-watch the part where Kyouma and Albert are talking in the lounge. It ties the supernatural and Sci-fi elements together. It's painfully obvious that the "Numbers" Coil is causing the supernatural elements around the lake.

desertkona said:
So basically Mira is like to be called rubbish? What a cute reaction
Damn body too

Mira knows it's Kyouma's weak pathetic attempt at resisting his own urges to fall in love with her.

AnimeThink said:
...short intro to Gothic-lilo-vampire, the numbers are pretty much beyond Sci-fi to a point of too hard understand

...I guess Kyouma like to read huh, at least let her sleep in the bed

Since dimension W is referred to the 4th dimension of XYZ. And it's commonly known as "time" or "spacetime" being the 4th dimension.

If coils can manipulate Dimension W to create energy. It must also be possible that to much manipulation can cause the bending of "spacetime", which can lead to the merging or distortions of linear timelines.

wiki "Minkowski space" you might recognize the diagram picture. It looks vaguely familiar to the one shown when Kyouma asked about "Numbers" to the old man in the shop in episode 3.
CirrisFeb 1, 2016 10:34 AM
Feb 1, 2016 11:03 AM

Aug 2008
@Cirris No shit it's Numbers. It's basically a non explanation. It's like saying Hell's Gate is the reason for weird stuff going on in DtB.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 1, 2016 11:19 AM

Jun 2013
So now they're off to a hotel near a man-made lake attached to which is a rather not so nice story. Many lives were lost in an "accident" related to the making of that lake and a numbered coil was involved which is why the actual story was hidden. Now that coil is working up and causing some weird stuff to happen as the coil is pulling out a little too much energy from Dimension W.

What really has me intrigued are the Beasts of Grendel which Mabuchi was a part of once upon a time. And back then a numbered coil was involved in an accident and Mabuchi was witness to that. The relation between Mabuchi and that blonde fellow is of interest because Mabuchi hates that guy. Maybe he feels that Blondie here betrayed him by joining NTE or something. Interested stuff.

The highlight of this episode, however, was the ample Mira fanservice. She spent almost half the episode either naked or in a towel. Nice. Mira is starting to come off as more cute for some reason. Many cute scenes of her. And Mabuchi is a cold hearted bastard towards her. Maybe that's partly because she's coil powered and he hates coils.
Feb 1, 2016 3:13 PM

Jan 2013
I wasn't expecting to see ghosts in this anime but i must say that this episode was amazing.
Mira is so cool.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 1, 2016 3:18 PM

Mar 2008
@theservant

Well, Loser's story needs to be told. Even if it makes part of the main plot, it needs time to be told.

As for the episode, while it won't end as a horror story, because it's sci fi, the beginning of the arc should feel very much like one in order to put the viewers in the same wavelenght as the characters.

In fact, one of the biggest problems of the episode was not introducing well the incident with the students before making references to it.

As for people trying to understand, what I got (and we'll know for sure next week) the girl's dream is linked to a space time anomaly in which the multilated student's counciouness (or even bodies) are trapped.

AS the girl dreams, they can go back and forth and take people there.
Feb 1, 2016 3:26 PM

Feb 2011
FallenUndead said:
Zeando said:

9 chapters into 1 episode :u calling it rushed is a compliment
anime-onlys are lucky to only slightly notice it

I'm not shocked by this, and as a anime watcher only (For now plan on buying the manga as it comes out for sure) I can say that this episode is still very good.

yup, even with all the rushing they're still mantaining some sort of pace, and skipping over all the long dialogues is a plus
this episode was just the most compressed so far

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 1, 2016 3:54 PM

May 2011
Antanaru said:
@Cirris No shit it's Numbers. It's basically a non explanation. It's like saying Hell's Gate is the reason for weird stuff going on in DtB.

So you're the guy who likes to be info dumped at the beginning and have everything laid out for you and destroy any element of mystery. OK gotcha.
Feb 1, 2016 3:59 PM

Apr 2015
They are hitting top Waifu! No!

Amazing episode yet again. Love it.
Feb 1, 2016 4:38 PM

Nov 2015
I know people is going to hate me, but i hate when an anime turns around the fanservice... I mean, looking Mira naked and in sexy poses really necessary for the plot development? Emmm, not really. I mean, it doesn't surprise me she has THE body but, come on...stop it already.

Aside from that, I was very intrigued with the ghost thing, I didn't expect it to be really happening, or being caused by a Number. But, everything felt so rushed.. I didn't understand the end, or why Mira went...high (?).

Really, compressing 9 chapters into 1 episode IS BAD. It's a shame this anime has so little episodes... I think i'll have to read the manga, not because the show is not great but...because it doesn't make justice to the original material (as I can read from some comments so far)
Feb 1, 2016 5:19 PM

Sep 2014
@Antanaru Not me. Every time I see a pose coming on I always get the screenshot ready. The animators almost never fail in making such amazing shots while deifying the anatomy.

I mean, when you see something like this be allowed, you know the poses are going to be amazing.
Feb 1, 2016 5:23 PM
Jan 2016
m4rc0 said:
@theservant

Well, Loser's story needs to be told. Even if it makes part of the main plot, it needs time to be told.

As for the episode, while it won't end as a horror story, because it's sci fi, the beginning of the arc should feel very much like one in order to put the viewers in the same wavelenght as the characters.

In fact, one of the biggest problems of the episode was not introducing well the incident with the students before making references to it.

Yes, & we still have many episodes left to fill in about Loser. So do not worry. We will probably get the time to know Loser more.

No, it shouldn't have to. Horror atmosphere & sci-fi genre are not two things that clashed. There can be horror atmosphere & sci-fi at the same time.
Who do you mean by characters? Because in the episode, we're mostly being told by the perspective of Kyouma & Mira, & Mira actually saw the case as a horror one. So it wouldn't hurt to at least make it more of a horror atmosphere. And you could see & feel that the episode kind of trying to make it horror.

The incident was introduced pretty well. We did not get a flashback or anything, but maybe we will get that later. Maybe the incident will slowly explained as we go.

HDarkmantis said:
I know people is going to hate me, but i hate when an anime turns around the fanservice... I mean, looking Mira naked and in sexy poses really necessary for the plot development? Emmm, not really. I mean, it doesn't surprise me she has THE body but, come on...stop it already.

Aside from that, I was very intrigued with the ghost thing, I didn't expect it to be really happening, or being caused by a Number. But, everything felt so rushed.. I didn't understand the end, or why Mira went...high (?).

Really, compressing 9 chapters into 1 episode IS BAD. It's a shame this anime has so little episodes... I think i'll have to read the manga, not because the show is not great but...because it doesn't make justice to the original material (as I can read from some comments so far)

Yeah, the fan service is getting stronger & more blatant as we go. It's not hurting the anime yet, but it's definitely hurting my enjoyment a tiny bit.

The pacing was pretty fast, but it's not rushed. And as for Mira, I think we will get more info on that next episode.

That episode was fine as it was even though it fitted 9 volumes. And actually it's a testament of how talented the writer is. Which is not surprising since it's Shoutaru Shuga, a very talented screenwriter.
AServantFeb 1, 2016 9:04 PM
Feb 1, 2016 5:53 PM
Jan 2014
Am I the only one who thought about pausing when Mira shows her coil?

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2016

147 by Bestmilkcarton »»
Mar 24, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

149 by weaboo_mestre »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:26 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

290 by DangerMouseDM »»
Jan 6, 2023 7:27 PM

» should i drop this

mydaddy - Mar 18, 2022

8 by rmcewen »»
Mar 19, 2022 8:10 PM

» Why The Rating?

VANSEDE - Apr 7, 2016

11 by Daninokuni »»
Jan 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.