Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 6, 2009 11:49 PM

Sep 2008
It was a nice ending to the series but i can't help but feel let down by the Enomoto and Kusada romance. Don't get me wrong, I love the way the series caught realism and natural feeling in romance (or first love in this fact) as it showed that pretty much no actual romances were made in the end. But i was thinking that at least Kusada and Enomoto would get together since they both told each other they loved them! I was holding out for a kiss that didn't happen :( Oh well the ending was very nice with how the concluded everything else.

Well overall great series and one of the best romance animes i have seen. It's great to see a series that doesn't have to be cliche and all perfect for once. It also makes it more meaningful and more able to relate to. Definitely one of the best of the past season. 9/10
Jul 7, 2009 12:48 AM

Sep 2008
10/10

Great Soundtrack, Animation, Storyline, Character development (ALL in only 12 episodes!)

Hope they make the extra omake Hot Spring Trip an OVA.

This was the best anime of last season, said it once but i'll say it again.

Hatsukoi Limited > K-On
Jul 7, 2009 1:34 AM

Nov 2008
ahh what an awesome ending to such a great series!
Jul 7, 2009 3:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Ah, that was a nice finale. A really cute and enjoyable series with good music. More anime like this~ 8/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 7, 2009 6:47 AM

Dec 2008
Finally it's the end~!! I'm surprised I got through the whole series since I started it expecting myself to drop it a few episodes in. Overall I like the feel of the anime - I don't know about some of you but first loves rarely work out, so I think their depiction of first love in this last episode was done very well :P

As for the adaptation aspect, I was very impressed. The episode was done beautifully and was much more pleasing and interesting to watch than the manga chapter. It's a pity they didn't cover a lot of Misaki's story, but I can live without it :P

I think that it would've been wonderfull if they had less fan service (which they did near the end), but overall, a nice anime to watch when you have nothing to do :3

Another last note: Episode 9 changed my life. I don't think I'll ever forget about it XD
Jul 7, 2009 11:37 AM

Dec 2007
This anime definitely exceeded my expectations, a solid 7.

The romance between Enomoto and Kusuda, was what interested me the most, it's a shame their wasn't many romantic scenes, but overall still one of the better romance anime I've seen.

Hope they're will be an OVA of some kind though.
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Jul 7, 2009 11:47 AM

Jul 2007
That was dissapointing.. not even a kiss at the beach :/

9/10
Jul 7, 2009 1:59 PM

May 2009
Hatsukoi Limited was probably the biggest surprise for me of the spring animes - especially considering I didn't know about it and started watching only recently...

It was pretty damn good. Surperb animation and I really liked the style. All the girls were so hawt! It had some really cute moments and most of the episodes were hilarious.

I did think it focused to much on Kusuda and Enomoto though. Other than that, greatness.

8/10
Jul 7, 2009 7:54 PM

Jan 2007
Man, I was hoping they would tie up Arihara/Yamamoto's story like they did in the manga. Very disappointed there. On the other hand, the soul searching trip ended quite nicely.

Overall, gets a 7 from me.
Jul 7, 2009 9:54 PM

Jan 2008
This was a nice surprise from the spring anime as I initially thought it was another generic fanservice show. I was pleasantly surprised that it was much more than that, not saying it didn't have fanservice but at least it was done right, not one of those in your face "look at my boobs" style.
Another plus was the animation style :3
Jul 7, 2009 10:39 PM

Sep 2008
Nothing especially new, but a good overall series and the stuff actually felt 'real' for the most part. The sectioning of some of the stories kinda broke it up, but I liked it.

A bit too much fanservice at the beginning, but even in that it was rather true-to-life.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Jul 8, 2009 2:00 AM

Aug 2008
Roxkis said:
This is the fucking reason i watch anime!!!

8/10 from me

FUCK YEAH! :D

im glad they put the extra part at the end, or else I would have been angry! a good end to wrap it up, even though some people got left out!

Jul 8, 2009 12:24 PM

Mar 2008
robbydesu said:
The episode was done beautifully and was much more pleasing and interesting to watch than the manga chapter. It's a pity they didn't cover a lot of Misaki's story, but I can live without it :P

That is true. Misaki's ending felt a little forced.

I read people complaining about Kusuda and Enomot's relationship after the confession. remember that it is Japan. A french kiss is serious business there, it is almost foreplay. Even holding hands there is a serious things, as shown with Terai. We can't judge it by our westerns standards. They confessed and aren't in conflict with their feelings anymore.

Another problem is that the manga didn't make enough success to keep being published in JUMP. Many things that could have been more developed weren't. The authr did a god job wrapping things up.

So, for teh ones that were complaining about the unrequited love, we have only Ayumi and Sogabe. And Sogabe has a pretty good chance at it. And Ayumi is strong, so she'll fight for ir. Meguru's is more or less requited, but she doesn't act.

Koyoi's was platonic from the beginning, so it doesn't matter.

And JC staff did an awasome job. They made a very good use of the visual language in this anime. Especially in the las and in Chikura' ep.

8/10

And I think the OVA will probably be about the girl that forgot to wear panties before goingo to school (the middle school the main characters go to). It is a comedy side stor shown in the omake.
Jul 9, 2009 5:51 AM

Dec 2007
The show was quite nice ..
I wanted that rain scene too =w=
Jul 9, 2009 6:24 AM

Oct 2007
I was going to give this show a 7/10 because of the decent start but the middle I didn't really like. But the last 3 episodes made it a 8/10 for me. I remember that watching the middle of the show was a bit like a choir to me but I'm glad I stuck with the show since the last 3 episodes I watched went by reasonably fast.

Of course the animation, music and voices were all top notch as to be expected from J.C. Staff.

Enomoto is my personal favorite by the way ^_^

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jul 10, 2009 5:29 PM

Mar 2008
This was a great anime. School girls, pantsu, oppai, romance and adolence. My personal favoritelove story is Enomoto x Kusuda. It had the most drama and development.
Bessho's brother complex was enjoyable too. I mean; forbidden love is always exciting to watch. The art was great. It had really gentle colors. Characters were drawn nicely, especially the girls, they were gorgeous and cute. Yamamoto was the hottest! But if you ask me which of the girls I liked most I have to say Enomoto. Tsundere ftw!

8/10

Gimme more. I'm still hungry.
Jul 11, 2009 8:11 AM

Apr 2008
I'm basically concentrated into watching Enomoto. I didn't like how she portrayed her confession to Kusuda and vice versa. It seems that it lacked the drama..whatever. Also, it seems that the line, "it's all about personality" is a bit forced. I prefer her to be tsundere over it.

Anyway, I love this series and I am certainly into Enomoto's pairing (add her cute loli onee-chan). Characters are interesting and everything.

8/10

Jul 11, 2009 1:47 PM

Aug 2007
After those words they shouted at the beach scene, it was easy to predict what we'll get next lol.
Overall, i gave this series a 10/10. I felt that every time I watch an episode, there will always be warmth feel tingling me but there was more to it, which i couldn't put it in words. I could easily say that this is the best slice of life for me yet, and I enjoyed this very much!
Jul 11, 2009 11:07 PM

Dec 2007
The ending on the final episode was not bad to me. I will read the manga because some people say that rain scene is not there in anime. I am sucker for romance, so I liked it enough. Moreover, it has different story that keep me watching more episodes.
Jul 13, 2009 2:17 AM

Nov 2008
gameoffreak8 said:
The ending on the final episode was not bad to me. I will read the manga because some people say that rain scene is not there in anime. I am sucker for romance, so I liked it enough. Moreover, it has different story that keep me watching more episodes.

Yeah, you should read it. Not just for the 'rain' part, but also for the Choco Bomber and Chikura-Sogabe parts which are better in the manga. :p

This series went well... At least they didn't make another mistake similar to what they did to Ichigo 100% when it was animated. XD

Jul 21, 2009 9:40 AM
Mar 2008
That was a really fun ending. Something about it won't let me give it a 9, so I guess 8/10.
Jul 26, 2009 9:02 PM

Jun 2009
Sob,,, this episode make me cry so much, not because it was sad, More Likely I'm so touched with Kusuda, Sogabe and Zaitsu Stupidity, Sob
It's not fair! Why Kusuda is the one who get pretty girl like Enomoto, KAPPA!

Aug 8, 2009 2:11 PM
Feb 2009
DarkDemonz said:
A very sweet series.
Gaved it a 10, just for Kusuda x Enomoto story line
Love their story the best, focus on their love, relationship and buildup
Great series, want more too ^^

same here @@
Aug 9, 2009 6:38 PM

Jun 2007
http://www.sarcasmpodcast.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=508881 my review of thiis episode.
Check out my podcast here
Aug 14, 2009 9:01 PM

Jun 2009
Rewatched the last ending again, I give this a score of 9/10 because of overall episodes that really interest me. Why not 10? Something is lacking from the 12 episode of this, I don't feel like this is the complete story. Absolutely I can't accept that this is a complete series =(

the OVA are out now, but it doesn't continue from the tv series, so sad
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 19, 2009 2:38 AM

Jan 2009
I finally got around to finish this. Definitely my favorite of the season. Though the ending didn't have the same feeling as the other episodes. It was missing something most of the other episodes had. Haha, most of the episodes in this show made me feel all tingly inside... this episode didn't have it lol. Yes I'm a freak for saying that and judging episodes like that. It was an OK ending I guess. I'm hoping for an ova!
Aug 20, 2009 4:30 AM

Jun 2009
Maybe from anime,,I only like Kusuda X Kei story...
Aug 22, 2009 7:05 AM

Mar 2008
09/10
Aug 22, 2009 8:44 PM

Jul 2009
Where the hell is scene between Misaki and Yuuji in the rain!! man, i had to waiting for only that scene, geez

More Misaki and Yuuji plzz,, but wait it's already over..damn
Aug 22, 2009 8:48 PM

Jul 2009
zinvince said:
Rewatched the last ending again, I give this a score of 9/10 because of overall episodes that really interest me. Why not 10? Something is lacking from the 12 episode of this, I don't feel like this is the complete story. Absolutely I can't accept that this is a complete series =(

the OVA are out now, but it doesn't continue from the tv series, so sad
It's completed, it's the very same with the manga, just a couple different, like the
Aug 22, 2009 8:59 PM

Jul 2009
mcjazzman32 said:
This story is the definition of FAIL. All of the relationships except for one are blundering excuses for love, there's hardly any resolution and even in the case of Kusada and Enomoto, they just end up bickering like before when it could have been something special. Hardly anyone ends up truly happy, there's no relationship progress outside of confessions (even from couples that got together before the last episode) and there's not one single kiss and this is supposed to be a romance story. Ugh.

Compared to Kimikiss Pure Rouge, it's closest counterpart, this anime/manga is garbage. I'm glad it's over.
Kimi Kiss?? don't compare Kimi Kiss with Hatsukoi, it's really different, Kimi Kiss is about childhood friend, and i don't see the male protagonist having development either towards Mao, he just realized it, in Hatsukoi it's different it's about how you felt when you are in love, and it's limited
Aug 29, 2009 12:39 AM
Dec 2008
i want to see misaki and yuuji more! xD
i better read the manga . ^^

i loved the confession scene . haha

" it is better to be poor but honest than to be a lying fool. "
Aug 30, 2009 5:53 AM

Jul 2009
im gonna read the manga, i ddnt get enough of misaki's elegance in the anime lol. And about yuuji, the anime hardly shown her at all.

Join Hagiwara Natsuki's (ane doki) club here
Join Club dedicated to Anime Musicians here
Join club for Bass fans here
Nov 6, 2009 2:37 PM

Oct 2007
TOO CUTE! OMFG OFMGOMFGOFMG *faints*
Jan 8, 2010 7:19 PM
Aug 2008
AHHH GOD DAMMIT I WANT MORE Misaki Yamamoto
Jan 28, 2010 2:57 AM

Aug 2008
At the end I think it was quite nice, not that so good and not that bad.
9/10
Apr 24, 2010 8:25 PM

Aug 2008
It's decent. The translation of the anime name is First Love Limited, So yeah.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2010 2:43 AM

Nov 2009
I found the show enjoyable, even though I had thoughts of dropping the series down the path
May 29, 2010 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
Haha surreal beach scenes. Really nice 'seishun'-anime.
It's only regrettable that Enomoto's elder sister did not have a story

Not to forget the nice Sphere OP but just awesome marble ED =)
Jun 9, 2010 2:50 AM

Jul 2009
love the series actually my heart was pounding every episode don't know about u but i love this kind's of anime 9/10 for me :D
Jun 26, 2010 1:53 PM
Mar 2010
Spade said:
HawthorneKitty said:
We all know that all these first loves won't last, right?
Everyone, please agree with me.

Sorry bro, it's Anime, where happily-ever-after is a given. Sad, I know, but that's how it works.

yakyuu-addict said:
looks like I'm going to stick a lollipop into a girl's mouth next chance I get.

Be careful not to stick it in too deep. You don't want her to choke and die... oh crap, it's the police again, gotta run!

*jumps out the window*

haha ;D
Aug 6, 2010 6:37 PM

Jul 2010
I liked everything except for yuuji and misaki part
Sep 25, 2010 11:41 PM

Oct 2008
Poor Misao. :(

But overall, I loved this anime.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 20, 2010 8:40 PM
Mar 2010
mcjazzman32 said:
This story is the definition of FAIL. All of the relationships except for one are blundering excuses for love, there's hardly any resolution and even in the case of Kusada and Enomoto, they just end up bickering like before when it could have been something special. Hardly anyone ends up truly happy, there's no relationship progress outside of confessions (even from couples that got together before the last episode) and there's not one single kiss and this is supposed to be a romance story. Ugh.

C'est la vie, my friend. Plus, hatsukoi = first love. It's obviously not meant to be perfect.
And the majority of the cast is in MIDDLE SCHOOL. whaddaya want from middle school kids?

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Nov 14, 2010 7:20 AM

Feb 2010
mylovelyfate said:
mcjazzman32 said:

C'est la vie, my friend. Plus, hatsukoi = first love. It's obviously not meant to be perfect.
And the majority of the cast is in MIDDLE SCHOOL. whaddaya want from middle school kids?

I agree, but the developing of the couples were interesting to watch for me. It's not simply about shoujo-girl + shoujo-boy
plus, there was one kiss scene: Dobashi and tennis guy, which was quite adorable ^^
Jan 7, 2011 8:27 PM
Jul 2018
very nice ending!

began thinking kusuda would be "that guy" in the series, u know the dumbass/perverted friend (something like sunohara in clannad) that was solely there for comedic purposes. he turned out to be the lead male character opposite what is now, one of my FAV true tsundere chars ever "KEI chan"

will definitely recommend this! for only 12 eps, this was very solid !!

9/10!!
Jan 25, 2011 1:18 PM

Jul 2009
Very enjoyed this series :3 Especially about Misaki and Yuuji ^^ but want mooooore~~

10/10

Annisa said:
And NO RAIN SCENE! They better make an OVA for Misaki and Yuuji. Go read the manga people. (Chapter 31 I think.)

Another one anime after which I need to read related manga) But I think it's great :3
Feb 12, 2011 1:57 AM

Oct 2010
This show started to get really good after the christmas episode. Pleasant surprise for me! 8/10
Feb 13, 2011 2:47 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, a nice slice of life anime with lotsa drama :)

I liked the ending a lot, although it wasn't happy for Ayumi it was still good. The road trip was kinda original, I liked the idea a lot and I have only see it once before :) I personally liked it that Arihara let his sister go and he gave that other girl a chance ^^

A lot better than I expected, 8/10 :)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jun 20, 2009

57 by bakakisima »»
Apr 22, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 13, 2009

74 by bakakisima »»
Apr 22, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 5, 2009

109 by bakakisima »»
Apr 22, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

othic - May 23, 2009

65 by bakakisima »»
Apr 22, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - May 16, 2009

89 by bakakisima »»
Apr 22, 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.