Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 29, 2009 4:39 PM

May 2009
there were way too many things left unclear for me
looking forward to the movie, i guess
i enjoyed it anyway...
Jul 30, 2009 5:43 AM

Apr 2008
i so cant wait for the movie :3
Aug 4, 2009 5:16 PM
May 2008
Alot of the retards flaming this great series piss me off.. Do they piss anyone else off or am I just odd?

Anyways some of my thoughts/explanations. As soon as Saki woke up he said "too bad there aren't any golden rings" So I believe it was directed at Saki rather than Juiz. As a joke because he was carrying Saki and the merry go round started moving. So Saki could have been his "prize"

Also, he asked if it was possible to make himself king with his remaining money, not to spend every penny he has to make himself king. He had about 6 billion yen left, it could have taken only 5 billion yen to make himself king. Still leaving plunty of money left over for other things.

I believe Mr Outside was thought of to be the King of the country. So after he learned of everything he simply asked Juiz in a non direct way "Can I be the winner of this game with the money I have left over?" Juiz apparently agreed, so infact this episode did have an ending. Out of the 11 players he was most suited to take on the role of Mr. Outside now and Juiz agreed simple as that.
Aug 7, 2009 2:38 AM

Jul 2008
It was a fine final episode, at least they didn't have us learn much and then leave us on a big cliffhangar, although there is a big cliffhangar about him erasing his memories and using all this money to become the king, because now only two things can happen as far as I'm concerned: He won the game, or he will be killed.

All in all though, the series was done well and suspense was created. And I can't complain about the creativity of this series that delivered in a big way during some moments. Still though, I am lacking enough information to be satisfied with this series alone. 8/10 for the series and I'm eagerly awaiting the movies, although that wait figures to be very long.
Aug 8, 2009 12:36 AM

May 2009
I hope he saves the Johnny Hunter too somehow
"Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis" Which means "It's not for me, It's not for you. It's for everyone"
Aug 9, 2009 2:54 AM
Jun 2008
Anyone commented on the old taxi driver? He looks suspicious to me and the show seems to have emphasized him from the few seconds freeze at his appearance when saki and mittan got off the taxi. Is it possible, perhaps, that he could be Mr. Outside (since there's no fact stating that he is truely dead)?

Ending was ok, I liked the amount of materials covered in the last episode, but I personally think that the ending could be better. I feel it was a little bit choppy because it just cuts us off after Saki's speech... and yes, a lot of questions unanswered as well as new questions that arise. Also, the antagonist(s) remains, so fans would surely have high expectations for the upcoming movies.
HaowyAug 9, 2009 4:02 AM
Aug 9, 2009 2:58 AM

Oct 2007
Awesome series. 10/10 for me.

I'm glad that Panties was alive and made it to the hospital and that blacked winged woman is there too.

20,000 naked men on top of the roof...urg...
Aug 16, 2009 3:45 AM

Aug 2006
Haowy said:
Anyone commented on the old taxi driver? He looks suspicious to me and the show seems to have emphasized him from the few seconds freeze at his appearance when saki and mittan got off the taxi. Is it possible, perhaps, that he could be Mr. Outside (since there's no fact stating that he is truely dead)?

I noticed that too, but I doubt it's actually Mr. Outside. Could be something, though.

And wait, what ep showed him brainwashing himself the first time? I don't remember them showing that.

Strife91 said:
Didn't he ask juiz to make him "the King of this Country" with all the remaining money? But you die if you use all the money right?

I was just thinking that. So does Akira assume that when all his money is spent to make him king, he'll be safe from the supporter, or that he'll win the game? I mean, I assume it might not all be used instantly, but he'll be out of money eventually. It was pretty stupid, if you ask me. I mean, will it even work before that? I think he even mentioned himself, in an earlier ep, that 10 billion yen obviously isn't enough to save Japan, so why does he think way less than that will be enough to make him king?

Also, what was all that about the merry go round and a gold ring? A reference I don't get? Don't tell me he's planning to make Saki his queen. -.-;

Glad Pantsu was still alive. Don't suppose he could have tried to do anything else about the missiles other than lay in his hospital bed and wait to see what happens, eh? I mean, I know he was seriously injured, but come on.

Will be interesting to find out what he asked Juiz at the end.

And I'm with whoever it was that asked why the hell was Akira in DC in the beginning in the first place, just to keep himself out of the public eye or away from the other Celecao after Careless Monday? Then why did he brainwash himself there, and why was he running around naked? I'm hoping he didn't ship himself there, like he did with the NEETs.

Guess I'll just have to wait. Who knows, maybe he won't end up king anyway. I'm still really looking forward to the movies, the first is probably near or at the top of my list of most anticipated premiers this fall. Lots of unanswered questions, though, so I hope the movies produce. I'll give the series 9/10 overall.
therubiconAug 16, 2009 4:06 AM
Aug 25, 2009 8:04 AM

Oct 2008
Oi people , why everyone thinks he wiped his memories? Maybe he asked Juiz to give his memories back, now that he is prepared . He has absolutely no reason to wipe his memories because Saki is by his side >.<
Aug 28, 2009 2:25 AM
Jun 2008
Strife91 said:
Didn't he ask juiz to make him "the King of this Country" with all the remaining money? But you die if you use all the money right?

I think what was meant by this message was that: Can Juiz make him King (or winner?) with his remaining money. This does not mean he's spending all the money to win, this means can he win with the money he has left over in his account?
Aug 31, 2009 10:14 AM

May 2007
Bang!
Sep 2, 2009 3:33 PM

Jul 2008
brb loling forever

BEGINNER
Sep 13, 2009 2:38 PM

Jun 2009
woah !! i was surprised about the ending..so many happened but they didn't end it in decent way...well still loved it though..looking 4ward for the movies..

Sep 16, 2009 2:03 AM

Apr 2009
well,this anime has a good plot,,but I'm a bit disappointed because they did not used it,
the anime began to lie low at the middle of the series...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2009 12:30 PM
Feb 2009
just finished it, the story wasnt bad and the idea itself earns this anime good score. but this anime really end with a lot of unsolved problems...
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 19, 2009 8:42 AM

May 2009
it was good.. i'm sure movie will fill the gaps.
Sep 29, 2009 5:55 PM

Sep 2008
Watched this quite a while ago and haven't posted here yet. :/

Show was ok. The plot got weaker and weaker as it went along and wasn't interesting at all towards the end. My expectations were higher for this.
Oct 2, 2009 12:53 AM

Aug 2009
awesome episode. :]

i will be waiting for the movies. ^^

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Oct 4, 2009 4:44 PM

Sep 2009
There are a lot of moments when I LOL in this anime, but I disliked the ending so much!
The last 4 episode were the worst in my opinion, they really kept me puzzled and bored >_< Well, I can't ignore the fact that I was entertained during the first episodes ^^ the story is very unique that's why I kept watching it through the end.
Oct 15, 2009 7:34 PM
Jan 2009
adamantine said:
brb loling forever

LOL Indeed.
Oct 24, 2009 1:00 PM

Oct 2009
Honestly, I was expecting more because the whole plot seemed fantastic. Pity they had to cut it down short, but nonetheless is was really splendid to watch. :)

As for the brainwashing, even I was confused with the same. Only after putting the phone in Saki's pocket did he forget his memories. I guess the best possibility here would be that the whole brainwashing procedure took place after a few seconds. Maybe it takes some time for it to happen, or maybe Akira delayed it to happen after a few seconds. We don't really know.

As for the King of the Country? What does that imply actually? I can't wait for the Movies. O_O The first one is supposed to release next month, i.e November 27th. Can't wait to watch!!

Overall. Eden of the East was a good Anime. :)

Nov 27, 2009 10:37 PM

Aug 2009
wow this series was...different...
it was still awesome though! the last episode was prety epic
cant wait till the movies!!
Dec 22, 2009 11:21 PM

Aug 2009
aminorsus2 said:
adamantine said:
brb loling forever

LOL Indeed.

Also, this series was great. I never got bored watching each episode. Always got irritated for waiting for the next episode to finish load so I could watch.

I love the comedy this anime puts into even when there is a serious moment.
[right]

Dec 31, 2009 5:25 AM

Oct 2009
This is indeed interesting, but at some points made me feel confused.

There were some posts regarding Akira's brainwash for the second time, I didn't get it. What made you think that he got himself brainwashed again? *bangs head on wall*

Looking forward to the subbed movie.

Rated 9/10. -1 for some confusions.

And yes, those neets are only interested on 2d girls LOLOLOL.
Jan 8, 2010 9:15 PM
Jan 10, 2010 5:20 PM

Apr 2009
Great stuff to take my mind off Clannad. Wonder who has licenced this. Hope its not FUNimation (being in the UK).

A 9 from me, look forward to the movies.

EDIT: Pigging FUNim. Atleast Manga Entertainment (or Bandai) distribute to the UK...
SpudUKJan 10, 2010 5:25 PM
Jan 16, 2010 9:59 PM

Jun 2006
Wow...
Now I wish the movies were out now. @w@
Feb 10, 2010 7:27 PM

Feb 2008
Animanis said:
And the Day was saved. Thanks to Takizawa Akira.
What was that about him "giving" the phone to Saki-chan?
Can't wait for the subs...

But I have to say that Eden of the East is one hell of an amazing anime! I really enjoyed watching it :)
I am really curious to see the movie and its plot.

maybe she became a new player...well i gotta see the movie to see if it sheds any light on that.

this was way better than i thought. i took too long to finish it but i finally did it.
Feb 19, 2010 12:11 PM

Dec 2009
so lemme get this straight. Akira erased his memories again in the end and gave his phone to saki? i wonder why he did that. in the movie trailer for "the king of eden" they were talking to eachother in newyork. gaaaah i wanna see them soo bad. i bet a million dollars that after i watch the first movie its gonna drive me crazy wanting to watch the second one.
Mar 1, 2010 11:36 PM
Jan 2008
One of the best anime ending i've seen in a while, especially with the disappointing endings like basquash, soul eater, pandora hearts, etc.
Mar 3, 2010 7:17 PM
Jan 2010
I thought the ending was decent. I am anxious to see the movie, gotta wait a little longer to get it subbed though.
Mar 11, 2010 3:19 AM

Apr 2009
Lelouch all over again xD
"You've got balls, just like I pictured." Ehh, Takizawa.
Niiice action. And wth, he just became prince like that? xD 'Bang.'

Oh, and Itazu's still alive! Yay.
The naked-in-the-shopping-centre scene got me in tears.
But why did Akira wipe his memory again...?
Definitely looking forward to seeing the movies.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 29, 2010 9:14 PM
Jan 2008
gerb234 said:
so lemme get this straight. Akira erased his memories again in the end and gave his phone to saki? i wonder why he did that. in the movie trailer for "the king of eden" they were talking to eachother in newyork. gaaaah i wanna see them soo bad. i bet a million dollars that after i watch the first movie its gonna drive me crazy wanting to watch the second one.

11 explains all. he erased his memories because he was depressed.
Mar 29, 2010 9:15 PM
Jan 2008
Cenedess said:
Lelouch all over again xD
"You've got balls, just like I pictured." Ehh, Takizawa.
Niiice action. And wth, he just became prince like that? xD 'Bang.'

Oh, and Itazu's still alive! Yay.
The naked-in-the-shopping-centre scene got me in tears.
But why did Akira wipe his memory again...?
Definitely looking forward to seeing the movies.

he was depressed from being betrayed and betraying people to save them. GOD did people actually watch episode 11 because it explains everything with BANG! literally.
Apr 5, 2010 5:08 PM
Oct 2009
i really liked it , but i think i'll be rewatching it tomorrow or something , i got a lil confused >_<
Apr 8, 2010 3:43 PM

Nov 2008
batman3456 said:
11 explains all. he erased his memories because he was depressed.

Which is why this anime series is lame story wise. Emo protagonist playing with billions of dollars and running around non chalantly without any intelligence except tagging along a girl (or puppy who always seems astonished, taken aback or upset about some lame ideal love she's chasing as a twenty something loser who mooches off of her friends).

:3
Apr 9, 2010 10:45 PM

Jan 2009
Interesting series, a little confusing and bland at times, but the fantastic concepts make it a nice watch.

Hopefully the movies will wrap everything up neatly.

7/10

Apr 11, 2010 12:50 PM

Jan 2010
This was actually really good. The last "Bang" was epic, and it came close to killing everyone >.< Now, Akira is a king? I'm gonna go watch the movie...

By the way, I also loved the "Saki!" from Akira. Kawaiii.
Apr 13, 2010 2:23 AM

Jan 2010
There are still two thing bothering me. Why did he need the NEETs to give suggestions? Shouldn't the super computer be smarter than them?
And can one become king in a republic even if he had 8 billion yen? It's just too unreal.

8/10 for now, let's see the movies.
Apr 24, 2010 9:11 AM

Jan 2008
why they didn't make this show longer i dont know, it was too amazing for how short it was. movie time!
Jun 4, 2010 6:47 AM

Mar 2009
Awesome series. I marathoned it in 1 day.
Jun 6, 2010 4:23 PM

Jun 2008
Pacing seemed slow. Story was unique. People who wear their glasses touch them way too often. Johnnies everywhere. Itou is like the essence of pro NEETs. The doctor Sarecao (spelling?) was a great side-character. The show kept it relatively realistic, albeit the phone's uber powers. Making himself King was a totally ridiculous decision, I'll need to watch the movies to see how this comes to be.

Overall, due to things being relatively slow for like half the series (and another factor), I'll give it an 8. It was sort of cute for the slow part for Saki and Akira to build up a romantic interest, tho like others, I really don't see why they kept it so short and went for movies afterwards.
batman3456 said:
he was depressed from being betrayed and betraying people to save them. GOD did people actually watch episode 11 because it explains everything with BANG! literally.
Being depressed was really one factor, he knew he couldn't start helping people again if he's in that mode of thinking, so he had to start over so he could gain enough resolve to do what he had the balls to do once again. That was actually a great move on his part to remove his memories. Smart, proactive, and a nice guy, pretty much should be every girl's dreams. Tho some apparently calls him an emo idiot. Hmm.
TachiiJun 6, 2010 4:27 PM
Jun 18, 2010 8:40 PM
Jun 2010
Wow...

I want to give it 10/10... but I can't. 9/10 for me !

Some things didn't even make sense and were never explained + "gathering all the hate on him" hmm hmm I heard this somewhere :)

Wiping the memory = I don't get this part
Gathering all the hate on him = Why ? I didn't get this part...
having multiple code names = Why again ?
Being near the White House naked + with a pisol = Why ????
What the hell the crazy penis cutter lady's arc have to do with all of this ?

Jun 25, 2010 7:04 AM

Sep 2009
9/10
I can't wait to see the films.
Jun 25, 2010 9:27 AM

Aug 2009
Oh my, so cheesy.

Also, becoming the king of Japan with, what 4 billion yen? Yeeaaahh....

Not as suspenseful/amazing as people say it was, but it was still an enjoyable ride.
8/10

Also, what the hell was Saki doing in this anime anyway? She didn't do squat. One of the most useless anime characters I've ever seen.
Samu-tanJun 25, 2010 9:40 AM
Jul 21, 2010 1:07 AM

Jul 2010
okay, i just finished Higashi no Eden, overall it was a good ride, but i agree with Sam, there was no fucking point in having Saki, she didnt do shit. The best part of the whole series was the spoiler about his memories. The ending for the anime really sucked balls for me, i kinda expected more. They should of extended it, and it would of been better. And it wouldnt hurt to put in a little gun fighting between the Seleaceo people. But overall i thought it was ok.

Jul 23, 2010 11:17 PM

Jun 2010
Wow!....
I realy like the end of this adventure :) My point - 10/10. I very like Akira, he is realy great :3
This is the best anime of those that I watched recently.
Renpika_-Agata-Jul 23, 2010 11:37 PM
Aug 13, 2010 4:21 PM

Jan 2010
OMG Pantsu-senpai is alive :D :D :D yay :D,only hearing this made me bump the series with 1 point :-)

and who the hell does akira think he is,Spike?
BANG!

5/5 for the episode and 7/10 for the series
clannad4everAug 23, 2010 9:04 AM
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 15, 2010 6:52 PM
Nov 2009
ColdBeans said:
Interesting series, a little confusing and bland at times, but the fantastic concepts make it a nice watch.

Hopefully the movies will wrap everything up neatly.

7/10

^you took the words out of my fingers O_o. But really I enjoyed this series. And when he said "Bang!" made me think of Spike lol because they both ended with a bang =). But this ain't over yet, gonna watch the movies soon. Overall 8/10 for the series.
Aug 19, 2010 10:22 PM

Jun 2009
Being betrayed by a person is okay.. but here by 20,000+ it's just insane

I love Saki and Mittan's expression while dashing straight to the naked men crowd

20k new mail? but the sender did say they didn't upload/sent it

The Hand Gun stance was same as no.4 back then

~
The other Selecao wasn't featured
Selecao no.12 is still a mystery
Also, Juiz

8/10
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

404 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Apr 16, 2009

245 by Euroqean »»
Mar 29, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Bakayaro - Apr 23, 2009

201 by Skorobagatio »»
Oct 6, 2022 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.