Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2014 8:49 PM

Aug 2013
Oh my god I did NOT see that coming O____O
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 13, 2014 8:51 PM

Jul 2012
holy (insert various swear words here) that was intense.
can't wait til next week
Feb 13, 2014 8:57 PM

Dec 2012
Omfg that fucking twist!!! I always had this extremely stong feeling they were sisters!!!
Feb 13, 2014 9:06 PM

Sep 2013
I just lost my shit, all of it. goodbye internet
Feb 13, 2014 9:14 PM

Sep 2012
I had a feeling Ryuko and Satsuki were sisters and they shared the same father, I just never thought that Ryuko would also have the same mother, more like if Ryuko and Satsuki were half sisters but that plot twist! that was good. so, Ryuko is nearly indestructible and we'll get to see how the two "Godrobes" match up against one another. does this mean that Ryuko is no longer human? or is it that she is the exception/"the one" like her father raised her to be?
Feb 13, 2014 9:15 PM

Apr 2012
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
HOOOOLLYYY FUCCKKKINNNG SHHHHIITTTT
THIS EPISODE WAS SOO GOOD AND THAT LAST SCENE
THAT LAST SCENE
HOOOHHHH MY GOOOODDDDDD???????
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2014 9:20 PM

Aug 2013
Ya this episode was pretty epic glad the shows picking up again :)
Feb 13, 2014 9:25 PM
Oct 2013
This episode by far has to be my favorite<3
Feb 13, 2014 9:26 PM

Apr 2011
its 11 at night, i woke up my parents, screaming because of that ending. WOWOW i really didnt see that coming, cause i thought the second baby died!?!?!?!!? wowowow so much feelings
Feb 13, 2014 9:26 PM

Apr 2013
Hohoh. At first I thought Nui would be the other baby. What a twist.
Feb 13, 2014 9:27 PM
May 2012
nseika said:
Nui is going to be the third daughter isn't she ?

When Ragyo throw Ryuuko away, she's already pregnant with another child, and Nui stands out too much now for just an elite personel

You got it wrong. It was shown that Ragyo was pregnant when Satsuki was being experimented on instead.
Feb 13, 2014 9:28 PM

Nov 2011
holy shit that was fucking intense...
matoi was the disposable daughter what?!?!?
the ending kinda killed the mood lol..
Hate Keeps me warm
Feb 13, 2014 9:29 PM

Oct 2013
Yuri + wincest!
Feb 13, 2014 9:30 PM
May 2011
OMG!!! The twist is Heartbreaking.
Why is Nui so strong without the cloths? Is she part of the Life fiber lifeform?
Feb 13, 2014 9:31 PM

Aug 2009
One word: Epic

When they first showed the second child of Ragyo, I had a feeling that it was going to be Ryuuko. Holy hell, it was actually true. The show has got even more amazing. I am seriously absolutely speechless right now..
Feb 13, 2014 9:34 PM

Mar 2012
fuuuuuck
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 13, 2014 9:47 PM
Feb 2014
Actually, Satsuki would be two years older than Ryuuko, since she was already one year old when the experiments took place, and Ryuuko was born one year later (or when Satsuki was two years old).
Feb 13, 2014 9:47 PM

Jul 2012
I've been waiting for this since the beginning of the season. Things finally got really interesting. Here's the escalation I was waiting for.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 13, 2014 9:48 PM
Oct 2012
Want to know an episode is awesome, not a single person of the 159 who voted gave this a 1.

Of course now some ass will give it a 1, but that is the nature of asses.

What can I say, outside of snippy snippy will be the end of the mother.
Feb 13, 2014 9:57 PM

Oct 2010
People really found that surprising? Just like last week, I felt it was a REALLY obvious "twist". Last week's reveal was obvious to me from the start because someone as smart as Satsuki kept letting Ryuuko live, even helped her when Nui was about to kill her. She had no logical reason to let Ryuuko live the first time they fought, yet she did. I knew then she was a "Good Guy" and would betray the real villain.

What hinted me about this week's reveal about them being sisters, was that somehow..only the two of them were able to use Kamui Robes. Why? What logic is there for that? Experiemnts carried out on them was the reason given. They said Ryuuko's dad use to work for them and used their/his research to create her Kamui and all that but I still didn't make complete sense as to how some random scientist was able to create something that only that family could possibly have and make it work with a "Normal" girl, his daughter. When they explained that, I said to myself "she's probably Satsuki's long lost sister or some crap like that".

My list is not complete but I'm actually over 1000+ anime so maybe that's why it was so obvious to me. I've seen this formula so many times. It's tried and true, but predictable. You may have seen me on other websites talking about how this show is overrated for how predictable it is, but I do enjoy the show. It's a good show, just not the best ever like a lot of people make it out to be. It's slightly above average due to it's predictability. It's characters are it's strongest asset. Due to it's predictability, I gave this episode a 3. I'm glad I was proven correct two weeks in a row now. Now I'm excited to see Ryuuko's true power unleashed when she gets the other half of the scissors.
Feb 13, 2014 9:58 PM

Dec 2013
OMG I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!
Godlike episode with the awesome action and the plot twist at the end
5/5
Feb 13, 2014 10:00 PM

Oct 2010
der4 said:
Ammish said:
der4 said:
Plot twist after Plot twist after plot twist AFTER PLOT TWIST? Trigger, oh my god, you never cease to amaze me. I knew it this whole time; Satsuki and Ryuko are SISTERS! That chart on the kill la kill website had it all wrong. Oh man, I TOTALLY cannot what what the next episode with unveil, I wonder how Isshin Matoi got his hands on hold of her though.

Time to refresh what faithful user BRSxIgnition said:

Ryuko Matoi is really Ryuko Mikisugi"

Yeah I guess that would be correct. Though that theory was pretty well on the right track on top of things.

Regarding this, they explained that Kinue's DNA was used on a prototype Senketsu. That alone explains why Tsumugu was able to hear Senketsu.
Feb 13, 2014 10:03 PM

Oct 2011
der4 said:
Ammish said:
der4 said:
Plot twist after Plot twist after plot twist AFTER PLOT TWIST? Trigger, oh my god, you never cease to amaze me. I knew it this whole time; Satsuki and Ryuko are SISTERS! That chart on the kill la kill website had it all wrong. Oh man, I TOTALLY cannot what what the next episode with unveil, I wonder how Isshin Matoi got his hands on hold of her though.

Yeah I guess that would be correct. Though that theory was pretty well on the right track on top of things.

Thank you for mentioning my theory - and I still believe there was adoption or at least sheltering of Ryuko at some point in all of this, but the thing is, it doesn't quite work anymore.

If Ragyo is her mother, then she is no longer related to Kinue and no longer has her DNA. The DNA that would have been involved would instead come from Ragyo, and would mean no connection to Tsumugu. (Kinue's brother) If Senketsu was made with Kinue's DNA, then it makes sense, but I remember that Aikurou mentioned it was made with Ryuko's DNA - am I correct?

I'm more than interested in figuring this out, but I'm sure quite a bit will be explained next episode, and I'm much too tired to think through it at the moment.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 13, 2014 10:03 PM

Mar 2012
20 minutes later and I'm still at a loss for words at what transpired.
Feb 13, 2014 10:06 PM
May 2011
In the episode 17, I said I saw the plot twist coming from miles away. That was true, and it did not disappoint me one bit because it was excellently executed. But damn, now, I really can't say I saw that coming! That's an epic and awesome plot twist for you ;) Those 5 last minutes are just ... godlike. I feel like I'm watching Gurren Lagann again.
Feb 13, 2014 10:07 PM

Mar 2012
Kougeru said:
People really found that surprising?
"hey guys look at me i'm SO unsurprised, i bet i'm the most unsurprised person here" - Kongeru
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 13, 2014 10:16 PM

Aug 2010
What if Matoi Isshin is actually Ryuuko and Satsuki's dad?

And he wasn't killed actually when Satsuki actually though he was but survived (and reason for him to look old, eye-patch, and hunched backed)
Feb 13, 2014 10:18 PM
Nov 2013
Entravity said:
I've been waiting for this since the beginning of the season. Things finally got really interesting. Here's the escalation I was waiting for.

Hey Entravity! I really enjoyed your Beyond the Boundary episode reviews, so I can't see what else you got to say from a critic like you!

OT: My god...CR's KLK got delayed back again to either 1 hour or 3 hours...that's just ridiculous. It's safe to say that based underwater fansub saved the day.

stickmansam said:

And he wasn't killed actually when Satsuki actually though he was but survived (and reason for him to look old, eye-patch, and hunched backed)
Yeah I think he is. He probably disguised himself after but the hunchback part of him is probably from overworking...or he just grew old. Heck some rumours say its a relative offspring of Isshin. You never know!
Feb 13, 2014 10:42 PM

Jan 2011
Ammish said:
katsu044 said:

but once Satsuki started to lose didn't anyone seriously get daja vu!?

I don't know what you're talking about:

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t481/sunnysideAB/Anime/Kill%20la%20Kill/Episode%201/HorribleSubsKilllaKill-01720pmkv_snapshot_0248_20131004_114322_zpsfe869c03.jpg

No similarities whatsoever.

lol yep the irony hurts so hard!
Feb 13, 2014 10:44 PM

Oct 2013
Dayum!! It gets more and more intense each episode
"Burn the heretics"
Feb 13, 2014 10:45 PM
Jul 2018
The Elite Four was awesome as always.

It was so sad to hear about Kiryuuin family's past. Ragyo took Ryuuko's heart out..., she was sure one brutal and heartless mother.
Feb 13, 2014 10:45 PM
Feb 2014
der4 said:
Entravity said:

Hey Entravity! I really enjoyed your Beyond the Boundary episode reviews, so I can't see what else you got to say from a critic like you!

OT: My god...CR's KLK got delayed back again to either 1 hour or 3 hours...that's just ridiculous. It's safe to say that based underwater fansub saved the day.

stickmansam said:

Yeah I think he is. He probably disguised himself after but the hunchback part of him is probably from overworking...or he just grew old. Heck some rumours say its a relative offspring of Isshin. You never know!

The next twist will probably be that he is actually still alive.
Feb 13, 2014 10:48 PM

Jul 2012
Right as the end happened, everything just fking clicked and a shiver went up my spine. Holy shit my life. What in the hell just happened. What a cliffhanger D:
Feb 13, 2014 10:50 PM

Apr 2012
lol @ the people masturbating to themselves about how their predictions were correct

OT:
decent episode. Surprising that Ryuko is also made of life fibers. That would probably explain her absurd strength even without transforming and how she even outclasses Nui now.
zzzeallyFeb 13, 2014 10:56 PM

Feb 13, 2014 10:53 PM

Mar 2013
I've actually been thinking about this for a while now:

-Ep 15

EDIT:
...why is the image bbcode broken...?
JerichoDeathFeb 13, 2014 10:59 PM
Feb 13, 2014 10:55 PM

Feb 2014
Damn....Damn.....Ugh I watched this in raw twice and just finished it subbed..

So much shit went down and it was well paced.. The Satsuki/Ryuko theory was rampant during the early episodes of the series then kind of died out but goddamn I forgot about that

I never actually thought Kinue was Ryuko's mother cause the similarities between Ryuko/Ragyo/Satsuki was hinted too much just for it to be a coincidence..

Ryuko matching Nui was great to see but damn Nui is op.. Tanking blows from an upgraded Elite 4 yet no damage and just laughs and trolls them with clones

To put it bluntly.. There was never a Ragyo vs Satsuki.. It was Ragyo fodderizing and beating the crap out of her.. Lol broke Bakuzan with minimum effort took control of Junketsu then tossed an almost naked Satsuki into the stands

Today was a good day because of this and the episode 116 of Hunter x Hunter.. Too much epicness for me to handle.. Must sleep it off
Feb 13, 2014 10:56 PM
Oct 2010
A lot of us saw that twist coming from a mile away so it didn't have much impact.
Feb 13, 2014 10:57 PM

Apr 2011
ShirayukiSumire said:
This episode... I'm speechless... those gruesome scenes... this episode surpassed all my expectations.

After epd 18

http://sadpanda.us/images/1420446-488BTZ5.gif
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Feb 13, 2014 11:02 PM

Apr 2012
How exactly did people predict that Ryuko was made out of life fibers? o_O That was probably the bigger twist than Ryuko being sisters with Satsuki. Does that also mean Satsuki is also made out of life fibers and that the only reason they could sync with god robes are b/c of their body's composition?
zzzeallyFeb 13, 2014 11:08 PM

Feb 13, 2014 11:04 PM

Sep 2012
Yeah yeah, I was right. They're indeed sisters.
Feb 13, 2014 11:08 PM
Oct 2012
this episode was too much epic for me :)))))

Who else can't wait for Satsuki to get an upgraded jJuunketsu?
Feb 13, 2014 11:09 PM

Mar 2013
Zeally said:
How exactly did people predict that Ryuko was made out of life fibers? o_O That was probably the bigger twist than Ryuko being sisters with Satsuki. Does that also mean Satsuki is also made out of life fibers and that the only reason they could wear god robes are b/c of their body's composition?

Didn't they show a part where it showed Satsuki being incompatible (or at least not so much) with Life Fibres? In that case it would also explain why wearing Junketsu was such a physical drain on her in earlier episodes.

EDIT: This scene http://puu.sh/6Vy8k.jpg
RiotstarterFeb 13, 2014 11:15 PM
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Feb 13, 2014 11:14 PM
May 2012
der4 said:

Wouldn't that be awkward, since in that case Aikuro tried to hit on her while knowing she's his daughter...
Feb 13, 2014 11:18 PM

Apr 2012
Riotstarter said:
Zeally said:
How exactly did people predict that Ryuko was made out of life fibers? o_O That was probably the bigger twist than Ryuko being sisters with Satsuki. Does that also mean Satsuki is also made out of life fibers and that the only reason they could wear god robes are b/c of their body's composition?

Didn't they show a part where it showed Satsuki being incompatible (or at least not so much) with Life Fibres? In that case it would also explain why wearing Junketsu was such a physical drain on her in earlier episodes.

Not sure about satsuki but it was a drain on ryuko in the beginning as well. From what I remember Satsuki had no problem wearing her Junketsu but Ryuko's synchronization has plateaued above Satsuki's.
Idk o_o
whelp back to watching Kimi ni Todoke :D

Feb 13, 2014 11:20 PM

Mar 2013
Zeally said:
Riotstarter said:
Zeally said:

Not sure about satsuki but it was a drain on ryuko in the beginning as well. From what I remember Satsuki had no problem wearing her Junketsu but Ryuko's synchronization has plateaued above Satsuki's.
Idk o_o
whelp back to watching Kimi ni Todoke :D

That was because Matoi hadn't allowed herself to properly synchronize with Senketsu while Satsuki had done straight away.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Feb 13, 2014 11:25 PM
Dec 2013
YES YES YES YEEEEEEEESS!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 13, 2014 11:27 PM

Apr 2013
I Can't... Express it into a words....
it just... Amazing!
"As long as you're alive, something happy bound to happens"
-What a Wonderful World
Feb 13, 2014 11:30 PM

Jan 2012
What I would like to see is...
(I have no idea if it will happen)

* Ryuuko split Senketsu up to make a second Senketsu for Satsuki.
* Satsuki takes the other half of the sword-scissors from Nui.
* Ryuuko and Satsuki combine the scissors and cut Ragyou up with it together.

This is why:
* Since senketsu was spliced with Ryuuko's DNA, it stands to reason that he'd be somewhat compatible with her sister.
* Ryuuko can skill control parts of Senketsu that have been detached.
* Two powerful sisters, and two halves of a weapon that can function individually or together.
* It would be awesome to see Ragyou get owned by a dual-Sanketsu team.

I would like to see Nui get owned too because it looked like she was about to have her ass handed to her by Ryuuko when Ragyou interrupted.
NyaaFeb 13, 2014 11:37 PM
Feb 13, 2014 11:38 PM

Jun 2010
Well, things finally got serious.
Feb 13, 2014 11:47 PM

Apr 2013
Wtf she took Ryuuko's heard and she is fused with life fibers. But still if i recall well she didn't recover instantly in the past.
OwO that means she and Satsuki are sisters. Ash i can't wait for the next episode. This is getting better and better and better.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.