Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2007 8:26 PM

Aug 2006
Finally it's here! I've been anxiously waiting for this one for a while now! What I love about Nanoha series is the serious amount of action and the ludicrous magical attacks that is displayed in the series (i.e. grade school girls getting knocked through buildings ... WHAT). Actually, from this new series I was wondering how long it would take for me to see another Divine Buster (my most favourite attack btw, although I just love Fate's wand) and they pulled it off right in the beginning ^_^ (actually there was two). Well from the first episode they haven't toned down the action and magic which is good to see although some new characters were introduced. I was surprised that they didn't have wands but I guess this gives the series some variety, which is nice. Oh yeah, one more thing, 26 episodes, yes! I just hope that there's a serious amount of action and magic in them, since all I want to see is hot magical girl on girl action :P (Note: the main characters from the original series have grown up now)! And a good story wouldn't hurt either :P. One last thing, I'm real happy that the cartridge system is back, I really loved that system in A's.

P.S. I hope yesy gets that high quality version released soon. And to me just like in the last two seasons it sounds like "Raging Heart" to me and not "Raising Heart."
zanmato666Apr 2, 2007 8:36 PM
Apr 3, 2007 1:16 AM

Mar 2007
oh freals, I had no idea another was coming out. Let me download it and ill edit this post ;)

Dam the seasons gets better everytime. I loved this episode, can't wait til more of it. I want mooaar of Hayate D:
SobzobApr 3, 2007 2:06 AM
Apr 5, 2007 1:19 AM

Jan 2007
I miss loli Nanoha and loli Fate. I have no idea how people can call the adult versions hot. Other than that, a good episode.
Apr 5, 2007 4:33 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
They looked great when they were lolis but judging from the OP, grown up Fate is hawt too :D.

I was disappointed though when they translated "Raging Heart" as "Raising Heart" >_< (watched the Nanoha-DGz sub btw, the yesy LQ version was just too bad to watch it) so I hope they will fix that soon.

I also really like the look of Tiana, high potential of becoming my second fave character after I've seen some Fate action ^^. And Reinforce Zwei is pretty kawaii xD . Looking forward to seeing the next episode!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 20, 2007 3:12 AM

Nov 2006
I liked it, it was a great episode. But it just didn't quite feel like the Nanoha I know... especially for it's 1st episode, hoping for it to get better though.

Disappointed, imo;
- A way better improved look in an older age(A's ending 'futuristic look' was abit 'zomgwtfbbq'), but the style is abit off for a 16-18 year olds.
- Nanoha's/Fate's/Hayate's/Etc voice hasn't changed much, a slightly deeper voice, but doesn't fit for that age.
- Not a unique 1st Episode unlike Nanoha & A's which both have a great start.
- I feel... *Still haven't watch Episode 2 while posting this* like this is a little Fan-Service.

D: Don't hate me for it!
NietonoNoNaniApr 20, 2007 3:19 AM
Mar 27, 2008 5:28 PM

Mar 2008
...gave it a 5!

Jul 23, 2008 10:39 AM

Feb 2008
Oh, they have big boobies now xD

Pretty good start.
Sep 12, 2008 4:44 PM

Feb 2008
First reactions; "Ohmigosh, Hayate...Oh my gay, Fate-san! Marry me, please" And finally I can pair Fate/Nanoha (or Fate/pretty much anyone) without thinking "But they're/she's only 9 years old" Plus Subaru and Tea seems like porentially awesome (plus pairable) characters.
Sep 23, 2008 2:44 PM

Jun 2007
am i feeling tsundere vibes from tea? xD
awesome episode, great that nanoha has made a come back (and great i finally started watching this -.-)
the OP is good as always, the ED is good and better too.
Fate looks awesome as always, specially in her barrier jacket
Nanoha gained a Zettai Ryouiki, which is just great, both in her barrier jacket and in her uniform it seems.
subaru and tea seems like really likeable characters, i am expecting great things from this season, too bad yesy only had ep 1 in HQ
Dec 11, 2008 2:15 AM

Jan 2008
I'm liking Tea so far :P
It's nice too see them grown up now me thinks.
Dec 23, 2008 10:50 PM

Jul 2008
Does the whole world know about mages now?
Aug 24, 2009 8:54 AM

Jan 2009
After seeing this episode and how Subaru says she can't fly and all, it reminded me once again how much of a monster Nanoha is. She started off being able to fly and shoot beams without anyone teaching her. Well this is a great first episode, hopefully the action continues.
Sep 15, 2009 8:15 PM

Jun 2009
The amount of foreshadowing done so far on Nanoha is telling me her power level is 9000 and planetary destruction is imminent ^_^ well one can hope.

More so than everything else the sheer fact of where they have steered the plot and its environment shows some very promising aspects.
Nov 8, 2009 9:33 PM

Oct 2008

Fate..

She isn't one of the main characters??

Nov 19, 2009 2:54 AM

Apr 2007
Kira01 said:

Fate..

She isn't one of the main characters??

Too many characters in StrikerS makes Fate seem like a minor character at some points...But she's still a main character.
Nov 19, 2009 7:29 AM

Oct 2009
I not just missed the lolis Nanoha and Fate but I already missed them in this episode be it loli or adult >.> This episode is not much about them so they don't have much screentime.. And again....
DAMIT I MISS LOLI NANOHA AND FATE!

Mar 13, 2010 12:13 AM

Jun 2008
WHAT, no more loli Fate and Nanoha?!?!

I'm not watching this, just kidding, at least Fate looks pretty good in her adult body.
Mar 13, 2010 9:12 AM

Mar 2008
I have question. You think I can start this series without watching the first 2 seasons? Or am I going to be lost if I do so?
Mar 17, 2010 3:54 PM

Apr 2007
I would advise watching the first two before StrikerS.
Jun 17, 2010 11:46 PM

Sep 2009
Compared to where this series started, this is pretty awesome. Maybe I'm just different, but I prefer the feel of this rather than the first two seasons (especially season one). I see absolutely nothing wrong with grown up versions of Fate and Nanoha. One last thing, animation just keeps getting better (kinda expected though, or at least should be expected).
Aug 5, 2010 1:26 AM

May 2008
Wow Nanoha, you needed to load 2 cartridges just to break a ceiling? Come on, you're better than that. Even before cartridges you could do that shit...

Also, just wow at this episode. I'm liking this a LOT better than the last 2 seasons. The action is actually decent now.
This first episode is somewhat similar to part of an anime/manga I have been thinking up for some years now, and to see any element of this in actual manga is a great inspiration to me. Reaally looking forward to the rest of StrikerS.
Aug 5, 2010 1:31 AM

May 2008
2nd page wont show, so double post... sorry
theeggman85Aug 5, 2010 1:36 AM
Aug 5, 2010 1:35 AM

May 2008
sry triple post... posts wont show on next page >.>
Aug 5, 2010 1:37 AM

May 2008
urgh i have to post so many times to get the second page to show D:
Aug 29, 2010 4:10 AM

Apr 2009
D8 Divine Buster is for Nanoha only >.<
And ya gotta love how Nanoha still sounds like she's 9.
Jul 21, 2011 1:47 AM

Sep 2010
FUCK THESE BITCHES, I WANT FATE AND NANOHA.
Oct 14, 2013 3:38 AM

Mar 2012
I thought from various image that I have seen Subaru is a tomboy one. Anyway gotta love seing adult Nanoha, Fate & Hayate. Looking forward for Vivio as well.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 5, 2014 6:19 PM

Jan 2011
So far i like it. Usually time skips end with the main characters staying the same age for various reasons. But Nanoha and co are all grown up, got a job etc. And they can pat the younger characters, who end up crying, so it partially feels like "revenge".

I wondered about Nanoha using two cartridges to break the sealing, too. Especially as she had to come in somehow, why not take that way out?

And 3 accomplished mages (4 if you count Reinforce) watching a B grade exam? Don't they have anything to do?
Mar 22, 2014 6:55 AM

Aug 2013
Oooh Fate and Nanoha at 19? Can finally ship openly XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 25, 2014 6:35 AM

May 2012
Pretty sweet start of this third season, with some great action and nice character development I do wonder what they'll show this time for a story!
Mar 6, 2015 5:19 PM

Nov 2012
It's been a while since I last connected with this series. I missed hearing the artificial voice from Nanoha's wand and her Divine Buster.
May 26, 2015 10:23 PM

Sep 2014
I love 19 year old Nanoha. She's beautiful. Especially with that ponytail.
Jan 15, 2016 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
TTHAT WAS AWESOME
May 26, 2016 2:19 AM

Apr 2009
Is it me or I just can't feel the characters after the timeskip.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 1:30 AM

Dec 2016
Pretty good opening theme, not as good as the A's for me but I still really liked it.

Nanoha to the rescue to begin this series, saving a child from a burning building, and she's an adult now, another time skip as seen in the opening with the 3 A's now young adults.

Cheif Master Sergeant Reinforce Zwei, quite the title she has gotten.

Fate & Hayate are also a pat of the TSB. Fate T. Harlaown now of course being adopted by Lindy all those years ago.

So what we have here is 2 Rookies Teana & Subaru trying a test to raise to Rank B, Teana uses Guns while Subaru roller skates and uses close combat plus some magical fire power, Subaru just happens to be the young girl Nanoha saved to being this series.

Teana went down but Subaru had a good speech there and really helped them both make it through to the end, Nanoha seemed to be impressed by them, she also needed to help them a bit at the end there, Subaru had the must go faster approach but unfortunately couldn't stop.

Subaru & Nanoha both remember each other from 4 years ago.

A Solid 1st episode, I already like these 2.
LukesYGO_WSonYTMay 7, 2018 9:55 PM
Mar 22, 2021 3:31 AM

Aug 2018
Nice to see Nanoha saving people.. ;P
Exams, hm.. I like stuff like this, really..
And yeah, had a feel that Subaru and that saved girl earlier are the same.. Well, Nanoha inspired her..
And Nanoha remembers Subaru too.. Sweet and touching.. ;p
And Ending is probably by the same singer as before, I imagine.. As I recognize the voice.. ;P
Well, first episode was good.. Will see how it'll be more..
Apr 23, 2022 6:09 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I feel like the setting of this series was never very well explained, it was said there are multiple dimensions and this itentity in charge of keeping the order, to which Nanoha now really works for full time, but that was never much explored. It is easy to see they are NOT on earth, no way such a change would appear in only 10 years, so I hope more is explained about the setting, and we get to see a few episodes on Earth again during this season.

Faust721 said:
I miss loli Nanoha and loli Fate. I have no idea how people can call the adult versions hot. Other than that, a good episode.

Lolicon sighted.
They are more sexy and mature now, definitly.
I like this Nanoha more, and only now realized that her VA is the same that did Rinne from Island, now that the VA can make a more natural older voice, it is quite easy to spot on, so I really like this older more mature voice of hers, it is filled of gentleness and warmth.

We didnt get to see much, but I like how they setup the new characters, giving one a backstory with Nanoha, and at the end with Nanoha welcoming her back, it was genuily adorable to see.

I like that Hayate is MC again, oh and Reinforce new version was cute!
Cant say much about Fate yet, she already had a more mature voice so outside her new very welcoming propotions it wasnt as big as a difference like for Nanoha.

Good start to the new season, but I can see it being not as good as A's, if more characters are introduced and more time is wasted on them and they are not as enjoyable as Sigmund and the other bunch on A's where.
Hopefully now that Nanoha and Fate are older, we can get a bit more intimacy going on!
Sep 17, 2023 9:30 PM
Aug 2022
Reply to Yuffira
I have question. You think I can start this series without watching the first 2 seasons? Or am I going to be lost if I do so?
@Yuffira you Probably won't understand characters and their powers so better to watch first two seasons
Sep 22, 2023 10:46 AM
Feb 2021
Idk why I thought they would focus on Nanoha and Fate again this season, but maybe they'll get some more interesting things to do later on.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Episode 14 Discussion

Faust721 - Jul 21, 2007

30 by Baskarite »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:20 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Episode 15 Discussion

Syaoran - Jul 29, 2007

22 by Animelover875 »»
Jun 26, 2023 8:14 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Episode 22 Discussion

Faust721 - Sep 9, 2007

22 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 15, 2023 11:21 PM

» The relationship between Nanoha and Fate

sunXkyo - May 8, 2011

9 by Tala-Is-Eternal »»
Jun 27, 2022 2:04 AM

» Satisfying sequel?

Laplace_kun - Jan 21, 2021

2 by Yumerei »»
Jun 9, 2021 2:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.