Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2014 8:03 PM

May 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Diao is doing a good job as a strategist. I was hoping for something to happen when Xin and Diao were holding hands lol.
Feb 9, 2014 8:09 PM

Mar 2008
The Wei general foolishly (and quite literally) let down his guard down at the end; too eager to take Xin's head, he fell for Diao's straightforward but effective ruse.

Sad to see that bloke was one of the casualties. Thought he'd make a fine addition to the side-character cast as one of Diao's staff.

Now that Diao's here to see the bigger picture, Xin's company is probably going to start playing a major role in the coming wars.

babymilo91 said:
Diao is doing a good job as a strategist. I was hoping for something to happen when Xin and Diao were holding hands lol.
Polygamy is A. Ok in ancient China, so i'm sure we can have a Qiang and Diao end. Now all Xin needs is an expert archergirl to rival the Ten Bows.

With 2 eps left and that episode title, it looks like there'll be a hook for the next arc. So here's hoping for that 3rd season.
CkanFeb 9, 2014 8:28 PM
Feb 9, 2014 9:03 PM

Nov 2012
Awesome episode! Xin's unit is officially back on it's feet, and way more powerful than before. Imagine when Qiang come's back. They'll be unstoppable. Qiang is basically another Xin.
Feb 9, 2014 10:29 PM
May 2013
Chu Shui is back and with Diao, they become even stronger.
What will happen if Qiang Lei also return, they will become an unstoppable force to be reckoned with in China if that happens.
and looks like another arc will start based on the preview and someone has returned, I'm sure has Xin will try to have a fight with Pang Nuan because of what happen to Wang Qi before.
Feb 9, 2014 11:32 PM

Dec 2012
"The Feixin Unit strategist, He Liao Diao. Make sure you get that name into your skull!"

Absolutely epic episode! Diao is totally making up for her long absence in screentime. My favourite part is the conversation between Xin and Diao in her tent - I just love how this anime acknowledges morals as well as pragmatism, despite being a war-focused series. Xin can be so wise at times, but I also appreciated Diao speaking out about feeling upset/guilty despite knowing what's in store for her. Because, after all, expecting and experiencing are worlds apart. As for...
babymilo91 said:
I was hoping for something to happen when Xin and Diao were holding hands lol.
Lol I sincerely hope it doesn't go down that route because I think Xin and Diao are adorable together - but like siblings

Oh goodness, I can't believe this epicness is going to end in a couple more episodes. (I'll probably marathon it) Fingers doubly crossed for season 3!

EDIT: Looks like that psycho who killed the woman general and injured Wang Qi will be back (!!!)
fullmetalbenderFeb 9, 2014 11:38 PM
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 9, 2014 11:48 PM

Mar 2008
fullmetalbender said:
My favourite part is the conversation between Xin and Diao in her tent - I just love how this anime acknowledges morals as well as pragmatism, despite being a war-focused series. Xin can be so wise at times, but I also appreciated Diao speaking out about feeling upset/guilty despite knowing what's in store for her. Because, after all, expecting and experiencing are worlds apart.

I think it's interesting to note that Xin's motivations are essentially selfish: escaping poverty by becoming a Great General, and carrying on Piao's shared dream.
Of late his goal has aligned with Zheng's (uniting China), and we could argue that by becoming a more adept General, Xin can better safeguard his comrades, but ultimately his reasons for battling in war are generally self-servicing but highly realistic. Thus, it's nice to see his grounded understanding of war, and the total absence of an attempt to 'justify' Diao and his expending of human lives.
Footsoldiers fight for survival, but the strategist and general have a far more ambiguous role on the battlefield.
CkanFeb 10, 2014 12:16 AM
Feb 10, 2014 12:08 AM

Dec 2012
Ckan said:
fullmetalbender said:
My favourite part is the conversation between Xin and Diao in her tent - I just love how this anime acknowledges morals as well as pragmatism, despite being a war-focused series. Xin can be so wise at times, but I also appreciated Diao speaking out about feeling upset/guilty despite knowing what's in store for her. Because, after all, expecting and experiencing are worlds apart.

I think it's interesting to note that Xin's motivations are essentially selfish: escaping poverty by becoming a Great General, and carrying on Piao's shared dream.
Of late his goal has aligned with Zheng's (uniting China), and we could argue that by becoming a more adept General, Xin can better safeguard his comrades, but ultimately his reasons for battling in war are generally self-servicing but highly realistic. Thus, it's nice to see his grounded understanding of war, and the total absence of an attempt to 'justify' Piao and his expending of human lives.
Footsoldiers fight for survival, but the strategist and general have a far more ambiguous role on the battlefield.
Exactly, yes. This is so often passed over because the producer/creators want to make out the protagonist to have a moral high ground - despite the actual circumstance he/she is in. And since Diao's motivations derived more from trying to 'do something with her life' sort of thing, it makes sense that she approaches the gravity of the situation with more thought.
Anime List

✨☆✨

Feb 10, 2014 12:17 AM

Mar 2008
That embarrassing moment when I called Diao 'Piao' at the end there.
Feb 10, 2014 12:22 AM

Dec 2012
Ckan said:
Lmao I thought you did actually mean Piao and were maybe referring to their 'dream' in which they did intend to expend lives (by default anyway).
Anime List

✨☆✨

Feb 10, 2014 12:26 AM

Mar 2008
fullmetalbender said:
Ckan said:
Lmao I thought you did actually mean Piao and were maybe referring to their 'dream' in which they did intend to expend lives (by default anyway).
Good thing it worked either way.
The worst thing is forgetting how they romanised the Chinese name, as remembering the way the Japanese name sounded doesn't help us anime viewers unless you resort to google and reverse search it.

I wonder who Pang Nuan's fighting in the preview, and if it means Zhao's off to war.
CkanFeb 10, 2014 12:30 AM
Feb 10, 2014 12:32 AM

Dec 2012
^ Tell me about it. The complete incongruity between the pronunciations and spelling drove me to the point where I barely know like 5 names.
Anime List

✨☆✨

Feb 10, 2014 1:11 AM

Jul 2009
Ckan said:
The Wei general foolishly (and quite literally) let down his guard down at the end; too eager to take Xin's head, he fell for Diao's straightforward but effective ruse.

Sad to see that bloke was one of the casualties. Thought he'd make a fine addition to the side-character cast as one of Diao's staff.

Now that Diao's here to see the bigger picture, Xin's company is probably going to start playing a major role in the coming wars.

babymilo91 said:
Polygamy is A. Ok in ancient China, so i'm sure we can have a Qiang and Diao end. Now all Xin needs is an expert archergirl to rival the Ten Bows.

With 2 eps left and that episode title, it looks like there'll be a hook for the next arc. So here's hoping for that 3rd season.

From reading the manga & raws, i'll answer this.
But there was this sidestory where he helped out the daughter of a former city ruler, and I think there might've been some interest there.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Feb 10, 2014 1:22 AM

Mar 2012
I wonder what will happen when Qiang Lei returns and sees this girl with Xin...
Feb 10, 2014 1:24 AM

Dec 2012
AhmedHan said:
They know each other though. Qiang Lei even stayed at their house, after Xin's first campaign.
Anime List

✨☆✨

Feb 10, 2014 1:26 AM

Mar 2008
Robbini said:
From reading the manga & raws, i'll answer this.
But there was this sidestory where he helped out the daughter of a former city ruler, and I think there might've been some interest there.
Clearly Xin's charisma stat needs work. Antagonistic femme fatales are all the better. Qin is in the national subjugation business, after all.

Marrying into money/power is always a solid plan. Might that daughter's family name be "Li", by any chance? But that'd be too obvious, or a massive red-herring.

fullmetalbender said:
AhmedHan said:
They know each other though. Qiang Lei even stayed at their house, after Xin's first campaign.
I had the same question as Han until I remembered this fact.
Feb 10, 2014 1:31 AM

Mar 2012
fullmetalbender said:
AhmedHan said:

But situation is different now. Diao He Liao is not a child anymore...
Feb 10, 2014 1:34 AM

Dec 2012
AhmedHan said:
fullmetalbender said:
AhmedHan said:
But situation is different now. Diao He Liao is not a child anymore...
Er...not sure what you mean. The way you said "this girl" would imply she didn't know her so I pointed out she did. Moreover, Qiang Li actually figured Diao's a girl, if I remember correctly, even while Xin was oblivious.
Anime List

✨☆✨

Feb 10, 2014 2:12 AM

Mar 2012
Next arch is starting in next episodes, but there are obviously not enough episodes in this season to cover the next epic arch.
So, Is season 3 coming out soon? or they are just teasing us?
Feb 10, 2014 8:05 AM

Apr 2013
Glad to see that Diao won. Though, it sorta felt strange how she was able to take down a whole area and numerous generals at such a young age. Don't other states have high-end strategist schools like Qin? I'm guessing the reason is that she had the strength of the Feixin unit when facing everyone, but Wei seems like a push-over state at the moment. I'm expecting it to fall really soon.
Feb 10, 2014 9:46 AM
Feb 2014
Well, i am new to mal, but am shocked to see just 11 voters for such an epic anime, this is easily in one of top 10, wish more people watched this anime
Feb 10, 2014 9:48 AM
Feb 2014
Anyways, Xin has become one of the strongest independent unit, with diao joining, diao's plan was superb, glad to see xin acknowledging it.
Feb 10, 2014 6:10 PM

Aug 2012
Definitely a satisfying battle despite not having much action. I like how Xin acknowledged Diao's ability to utilize their true strength to create the best strategy. Their unit is ten times more dynamic now, as we evidenced in their dominating the wide-scale battle. That sounded really interesting btw, I wish we saw that in some more detail.

Loved how Diao's conflict was handled. I was already ready to praise the execution after she saw that guy's corpse, but the conversation with Xin was just handled so damn well. You get to see how war-developed Xin is, and get growth from Diao in the process. The OST was noticeably better than usual there, too.

Man, fucking Pang Nuan appearance in splendid Kingdom 2 animation, and with three episodes left. How can we not see a third season?
Feb 10, 2014 7:07 PM

May 2011
Lol, love all the guys staring at Diao with their mouths open after her escape. And Xin did a great job of defending her and letting her see that everyone is aware of the deaths but still continue forward.
Feb 10, 2014 8:06 PM

Jun 2013
That feeling when Diao looks across the battlefield and then sees the guy who helped her move things around... what a punch in the gut...
Feb 12, 2014 4:13 PM

Nov 2011
What? Pang Nuan returns next ep, i cannot wait.
Also nice to see him in 2D animation, he only got the CG look last season.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 17, 2014 2:20 PM

Jun 2013
Diao, stop being a little bitch!
If I drive for you, you get your money. You tell me where we start, where we're going, where we're going afterwards. I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
Apr 12, 2014 7:13 PM

Jul 2011
Ah Diao. Xin's an idiot, but yet he understands aspects of war. He follows his morals, but isn't on a high moral horse. I think they compliment each other, Xin with strength and Diao with wit.

I like Xin and Diao as a sibling relationship, but it's pretty obvious that Diao likes him. Hm... yet I don't see this series exploring any romance, though maybe Diao will suddenly make a big reveal one day. I love the subtle but present nature of the romance, same with Zheng and the girl. Implicit but not explicit.

Also, Xin got pants. XD
May 11, 2014 4:46 PM

Sep 2011
This was such a feel good episode... Is not to see them back together!
Jun 22, 2014 5:21 PM

Mar 2010
Diao is shining bright as a tactician, And its nice that everyone in the anime is finally coming to terms with it.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 16, 2014 6:48 PM

Jun 2013
With Xin as the charismatic brute and Diao as the brilliant tactician, the Feixin unit is now seriously dangerous!
Nov 30, 2014 7:13 PM

Jun 2012
He Liao Diao better teach Li Xin some basics just so he can adapt in the middle of combat when things arent going as planned and communication isnt available.
Aug 13, 2015 7:16 PM

Jul 2008
Was that the God of War in the preview?
Nov 4, 2017 3:53 PM
Mar 2017

:3 :3 :3 kawaiii <3
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jun 23, 2019 6:40 AM

Jul 2015
They made their comeback, but I have the feeling they could have done this much quicker if they introduced Diao better to the unit in order for her to feel trustworthy to them.

Jul 18, 2019 12:01 PM

Feb 2013
It's a pity that guy had to die.
Jul 25, 2020 10:04 PM

Oct 2009
Can't wait to see Xin + Diao + Qiang together in a team ;-;
Jan 25, 2022 4:16 PM

Dec 2007
feeling this was big buildup for big war arc, but considering the number of episodes that war arc probably won't happen here lol.
i'm more worried though that zheng and lu buwei story will end in this season rather than another season.
May 4, 2022 11:04 AM

May 2020
just need Qiang to come back now and the fei xin force will be unstoppable

Oct 29, 2022 8:17 PM

Dec 2018
i love ten so much, totally shipping. crazy how they even met each other, what can you call it but providence?
Nov 6, 2022 2:55 AM

Jul 2013
Yep Ten is a genius tactician alright. I can't wait to see more of what she can do. Apparently that enemy tactician is one of Wei's top 8? He's probably number 8 then. He can't believe he got beat by a kid lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

babymilo91 - Oct 7, 2013

26 by EMK3407 »»
Mar 8, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zee530 - Jun 9, 2013

62 by JordansBored »»
Feb 19, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Andyis - Oct 28, 2013

41 by Adr332 »»
Feb 10, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Sep 7, 2013

42 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 30 Discussion

Bleachway - Dec 29, 2013

41 by Yukissionator »»
Jan 19, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.