Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 23, 2009 10:40 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Surprise, Phantom gets licensed by Funimation.

http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=1942

Anyway, this was a good episode which did the visual novel justice... in fact, I'd say this actually improved on this particular part of the game, although the actual assassination could have been animated better. The BGM is still great, as usual. Now that the introduction sequence of Phantom is finally over, you'll be seeing a lot more character development, such as in this episode.

Judging from the preview, the anime will go into its own completely original episodes next week. Whether this is a good thing or not will remain to be seen.
Apr 23, 2009 10:52 AM

Mar 2009
Pretty good Ep. in my opinion...

Apr 23, 2009 12:45 PM

Jul 2008
ya i was surprised too lol but also long as i can watch it its good

gonna watch it now <_<
Apr 23, 2009 12:52 PM

Mar 2009
lol I was like "wth happened with her!?" when the ep began xD but well it was all cleared after a few mins

Though it surely surprised me, that she is that way, before that she seemed like she had no feelings at all, but now it's clear that she's still human...I think being afraid of those eyes isn't something special
Apr 23, 2009 1:34 PM

Jan 2009
So the file is real? Ok, me watch it then.

justcallmeLuna said:
IMO this was the best ep so far and everything turned out better than in the OVA. Liked the character developement and I still like the music :) And I like how they show Ein and Zwei are unable to communicate with each other.

I look forward to what we'll see next. So they traveled to Korea?

Me listen to OP and ED of this often now. Oh, world traveling will be good. Will prove Inferno is big player in the whole world. I do wonder if the other world locations are going to be ok in their presentations.
japanme32Apr 23, 2009 4:14 PM
Apr 23, 2009 2:39 PM

Oct 2008
Their was some pretty good character development which is what i look froward most in this series.

"We are not men disguised as mere dogs, we are wolves disguised as men."
Jin-Roh
Apr 23, 2009 3:16 PM
Feb 2009
IMO this was the best ep so far and everything turned out better than in the OVA. Liked the character developement and I still like the music :) And I like how they show Ein and Zwei are unable to communicate with each other.

I look forward to what we'll se next. So they travelled to Korea?
Apr 23, 2009 3:16 PM

Jul 2008
after taking a while for all the buffering to go away i finally was able to watch it <_<
uh pretty kool tho i was seriously confused at first, cuz i dunt remember episode 3 ending with a mission, but soon it cleared up =D

from the preview looks like the next episode is gonna be a bit cruel, shows a little girl with her dad (im assuming) and shows Zwei with a gun pointing at the end lol and says something like "to take one's happiness" eh...

but overall its getting better just hope they keep it up
Apr 23, 2009 3:23 PM

Aug 2008
Getting better. They're starting to feel like actual assassins, even though rushing at the car like that in the open was probably a really stupid idea.
We might even get some character development/interaction, so this could turn out to be interesting, but i don't want to cry a wolf!

I thought this will a 13, but with 26 episodes i'm a bit more forgiving for the slow start. I hope it won't be too dragged though.
Apr 23, 2009 6:50 PM

Sep 2008
OK, I really liked this episode, unlike previous one.
Nice character development in this one, also showing how Ein is turning into something different, while Zwei is becoming what he was supposed to become, master assassin...
Also, unlike episodes so far, I actually felt sorry for Ein, she seemed so calm when she fell on Zwei's arm, also after she slapped him...makes me wonder if she needs love, and by this I don't mean sex (like many would assume) but someone to care about her, someone she can rely on...

So Ein was developed a lot with this episode, hopefully same will happen with Zwei soon... Damn, I love this show so far (with the exception of previous episode).
Apr 23, 2009 8:44 PM

Jan 2009
Great episode. Liking all more in this series.
What I liked:
-The whole acting at the mall even if it was acting, would like to have had it real because Zwei and Ein looked like a good couple.
-Ein trying a swimming suit and being in one at pool.

What I did not like:
-The fake acting was confusing in the beginning but worst is that it gave me a sense to feel happiness for Zwei and Ein, yet knowing after is all just to kill. That made transition hard for me at beginning until a little later on.
-Matrix thing was ok when it was used. Problem is too much of it is used in other anime so something new please.

Best scene for me but wish it was 720p

Great relationship development with Zwei and Ein. Liked it a lot. Wish they were happy.

Ein body very nice.

Me know one gun used is 9mm Beretta: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_92 other is most likely 357 Remington but not sure.

The eyes work for me. Something about them: red=kill/blood, black=chaos/forgetting?

I like Ein like this, too bad is acting.
Apr 23, 2009 10:01 PM

Jan 2009
Nice ep. and action scenes. But as Cheesyhoboe said, the assasination could have been animated better, now we know they are falling in love for each other, or at least Ein on Zwei. Those killer instinct eyes of Zwei freaked me out. The next ep will be good as hell.

Also i noticed that she somehow felt sad when she saw Zwei eyes on the assasination act, i guess she just thought: "he is losing his good side".

PS: If i ever heard again the "Doshte" , "Iee, nandemonai" scenes from them again im just gonna fucking kill myself.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 24, 2009 1:59 AM

Apr 2008
they make a cute couple xD

Apr 24, 2009 4:29 AM

May 2008
dam i perfer assassinations that are done in the dark,=/

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 24, 2009 5:38 AM

Feb 2009
japanme32 said:

Me know one gun used is 9mm Beretta: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_92 other is most likely 357 Remington but not sure.

Close, but it's a Colt Python.
Apr 24, 2009 5:48 AM

Jan 2009
Cheesyhoboe said:
japanme32 said:

Close, but it's a Colt Python.

Nice Colt Python! Same as City Hunter uses?
Apr 24, 2009 7:17 AM

Oct 2007
Really good episode - from the previous episode of training, finally have some action
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2009 7:24 AM
May 2008
Keeps getting better and the character development is starting to show, this show is easily becoming my favorite of this season.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 24, 2009 12:40 PM

Sep 2008
No more waiting on Subs! FUNimation has our Backs.

Anyway, Yea at the beginning I was like WTF?? O_O Is this a Different show? ha ha ha
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Apr 24, 2009 12:43 PM

Jan 2009
Mario1-7 said:
No more waiting on Subs! FUNimation has our Backs.

Anyway, Yea at the beginning I was like WTF?? O_O Is this a Different show? ha ha ha

Same reaction as you until they explain. Glad not only one like that here. My friends were also like that.
Apr 24, 2009 1:08 PM

Apr 2008
Strange episode.... Ein was so normal. When i saw the first few minutes I thought this was a totally different series! Ein being afraid of Zwei's eyes was a pretty nice/strange thing..
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Apr 24, 2009 1:39 PM

Sep 2008
Another great epi ^^ really enjoying this series.

Apr 24, 2009 5:09 PM

Jan 2009
kind of a deep episode if u ask me this show is starting to get better and thats great not like it was good to begin with.
Apr 24, 2009 8:35 PM

Sep 2008
I was somehow bewildered at how the episode started with the two protagonists acting way out of character, especially Ein; only to realize later on that it WAS merely acting for the sake of their mission. I'm glad to see some mutual interactions between the two. At least we get a glimpse at how Ein sees herself through Zwei. What intrigues me the most is the monologue that Ein had concerning how she was afraid of Zwei. Seems like she's afraid to see what outcome awaits her, or how she'll turn out to be seeing it as how she has compared herself to Zwei. Aside from that, I really liked this episode. Looking forward to next week's episode.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Apr 24, 2009 8:50 PM

Mar 2009
good ep
Apr 25, 2009 6:22 AM
Jul 2018
Am I glad i didn't drop this show! imho this is the best ep so far. moe ein was adorable <3
Apr 25, 2009 3:08 PM

Mar 2008
A great episode! And the music is badass, I want this OST So freaking badly! I have Karma now however :D
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Apr 25, 2009 8:49 PM

Apr 2009
best episode i've seen out of all animes this season. i'm glad i picked this as my favorite..

hah.. even though i know that it is acting at first, ein is still good at it.. just so moe.. and zwei's eyes..
Apr 25, 2009 10:03 PM

Apr 2009
Looking good, looking good. :D

Gah Zwei is getting hotter xD
Apr 26, 2009 12:43 AM

Jan 2009
I loved this episode. Zwei in action, totally alert and awesome. Their masks are amazingly terrifying, I really like them fighting with the emotionless faces like that.
Apr 26, 2009 2:02 AM
Jan 2009
I dont see why people dont like this show. Until now I like it pretty much, animation is good, music is good, plot is interesting, thats all I need. I do like the dark vibes the series brings too.
Episode 4 was really not bad. Not as good as previous episodes, but it feels like the action is going to start.
Also, Ein is softening up : )
Apr 26, 2009 10:28 AM
Mar 2009
Best episode so far

I found myself wishing that Ein wasnt just "faking" the whole thing at the beginning, that a part of it was true... Shes so cute when shes like that

To think that the series is already this far in character development and its only episode 4 makes me expect great things in coming episodes
Apr 26, 2009 1:16 PM

Apr 2009
Awesome episode... and I don't think I am all that upset that Funimation picked this up. Just as long as they provide the streams...

It would really be a shame to miss this series just to hold my breath for a fansub to release it now as I bet that Desire and the other Fansubbers have dropped it since Funimation's version is out before theirs.

Anyways, when I saw the opening scenes with Zwei and Ein in the mall I was like wow I missed something. Not until I saw that they were doing recon on the place did it make sense. But I bet after those two work along side each other like that, their actions will be more than just "acting"... hopefully.

Can't wait till the next episode, looks like I will be checking Funi's website Sunday mornings now ;)
Apr 26, 2009 2:35 PM

May 2008
Really good epi, I loved Ein at the beginning in the mall and then again with Zwei when she was being followed in the mall later on. Those masks are quite sweet as well.
Apr 26, 2009 9:55 PM

May 2008
Hmm, I assumed the acting at the beginning was acting from the start. I'm not sure why one wouldn't unless one had some reason to believe that this episode was drastically disordered in time (to the point of insensibility) or that the director would just throw away what happened in the first three episodes.

What was actually unexpected here (though still not completely due to hints in the first few episodes) was the effect Zwei has on Ein's ability to maintain her psychological distance. As we saw in the other episode when she went off to kill while leaving Zwei to continue training, she had absolutely no problems there, but now, being and working with Zwei, she can't help but look, wonder, and even start to feel about him. She quite messed up after killing the mafia boss and only survived unscathed due to Zwei's intervention; had she been on a solo mission and therefore in the proper frame of mind, there's no reason to believe she'd make such a mistake.

(Also, boo on having to downgrade video quality and size to Funimation's website.)

japanme32 said:
Ein body very nice.

+1
chicanerousApr 27, 2009 10:40 AM
Apr 26, 2009 10:25 PM

Apr 2009
Best episode of this show thus far and thats saying something cuz all were great up till this point. Them playing roles at the beginning and the way it was done was excellent/entertaining. Ein actually showing that kind of emotion at the end was great only adding to her character. Action was well done as well. Show has not disappointed me in the slightest thus far.
Apr 27, 2009 6:17 AM

Oct 2008
awesome episode :D
I loved Ein and Zwei's acting^^ they were kinda cute together...
I also loved the moment where Zwei saved Ein :)
looking forward to the next episodes ;)

Apr 27, 2009 12:37 PM

Oct 2008
Simply: Loved it! BGM is friggin awesome!!!

You guys seriously are happy that funimation licensed it? I am not. It's fine we don't have to wait, but I don't trust official translations, and I want to see it in max quality with subs, not just stream version. :( And now Desire dropped it, and other groups are on the second episode and I am afraid that there won't be any solid group picking it up now! :|

Me wants full quality with subs! :|
Apr 27, 2009 1:50 PM

Apr 2009
Rudgald said:

You guys seriously are happy that funimation licensed it? I am not. It's fine we don't have to wait, but I don't trust official translations, and I want to see it in max quality with subs, not just stream version. :( And now Desire dropped it, and other groups are on the second episode and I am afraid that there won't be any solid group picking it up now! :|

Actually found that Horrible-Subs is continuing it. It was released last night well after the fact that I saw it earlier Sunday morning on Funi's site. Check out animetake. They will probably continue it until they drop as well.
Apr 27, 2009 5:23 PM

Oct 2008
Omegaoveride said:
Rudgald said:

Actually found that Horrible-Subs is continuing it. It was released last night well after the fact that I saw it earlier Sunday morning on Funi's site. Check out animetake. They will probably continue it until they drop as well.

horrible subs is a direct rip off of funimation... didnt you see the fucking stupid funimation tag in the bottom right while you were watching it :? ~ made me want to kill myself.

anyways... started off the episode thinking one of them was dreaming ~ guess it was just acting though. im really wondering though if Ein is truly scared of Zwei or if she wants to shelter/protect him from the lifestyle. Feel like theres some yandere vibes, not sure... maybe im just hoping for it.
Apr 27, 2009 6:06 PM

Apr 2009
Positiveputty said:
Omegaoveride said:
Rudgald said:

I didn't download it. I watched the Funimation stream....

horrible subs is a direct rip off of funimation... didnt you see the fucking stupid funimation tag in the bottom right while you were watching it :? ~ made me want to kill myself.

anyways... started off the episode thinking one of them was dreaming ~ guess it was just acting though. im really wondering though if Ein is truly scared of Zwei or if she wants to shelter/protect him from the lifestyle. Feel like theres some yandere vibes, not sure... maybe im just hoping for it.

I watched the stream... I didn't download the Horrible-Subs version so I wouldn't know. Just was saying that I saw a DDL from Animetake last night. ;) So at least I know that Horrible-Subs is just a lame rip.
OmegaoverideApr 27, 2009 6:12 PM
Apr 27, 2009 8:08 PM

Mar 2008
Rudgald said:

Hmmm....Some person in their basement who probably studied Japanese for a few years or professionals collaborating with native Japanese speakers....Yeah I'll take FUNi

And I don't usually download to keep. As I will buy this series when the DVD's come out.

What it doesn't bother you when some Fansub group plasters their own name across it?
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Apr 27, 2009 11:09 PM

Oct 2008
Interesting how in this version of the series (as opposed to the previous anime) he is starting to become the killing machine while she is characterized as being more human.

I recognized this scene instantly from the previous anime, but is a shame they didn't include the major event in it that was basically a turning point in the series and really gave both of our main characters a normal human side even though they were super assassins. It was certainly more effective (although less visually satisfying) than seeing Ein prance around in a nice looking bikini. I am sure they will have a similar scene eventually though.

It is interesting seeing how the story has changed in subtle ways. Although, it is kind of worrying how powerful zwei is becoming. If it continues at this rate, Ein will be like a helpless child compared to him near the end of the series. I much prefer them being equal, if not Ein being slightly stronger.
Apr 27, 2009 11:58 PM

Aug 2007
loving this series. hopefully the next episodes dont let me down
Apr 28, 2009 3:22 PM

Nov 2008
Best episode by far romance and action + baddas matrix bullet evasion xD.
This is one of my fav shows this season, havent failed me even once.
Apr 28, 2009 3:26 PM

Dec 2007
Gooood episode. Things are starting to get really interesting. Ein's facial expressions during the act were really cute, the beginning caught me completely off guard.
Apr 28, 2009 11:22 PM
Jun 2007
Fabienne said:
Why did Scythe put the oil on Ein's body???

So it's hotter for sex. =)
Apr 29, 2009 9:50 AM

Jan 2009
The assassination this episode was one of the best experiences I've ever had watching anime. I have always been excited about assassins and stuff, and this was really great. Wow. And Ein can actually make different expressions! I love this show, best one this quarter.
Apr 29, 2009 10:50 AM

Jun 2008
Good episode. The best so far, I think.
Ein was too cute in this episode.
Apr 29, 2009 4:08 PM

Apr 2009
FYI, Desire released episode 4 last night. A few days later from the release. Its not a rip of the Funi release like Horrible-Subs. Maybe they will continue to sub it or maybe someone is tagging the files with Desire's branding.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Apr 15, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.