Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 13, 2009 11:00 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It look like Arawn is not devil God as I think. He look more cooler than me think at first. Riannon. He saves Riannon from some deep slumber. Riannon appreciate him for that but that make Arthur jealous of that.

I really like undead design! Fights liked a lot (bones smashing!). I so happy big fat fake priest die! Arawn kill him! Yata (alright!). Ogam remind me of Gandolf from LOTR.

New guy Gaius look cool, he remind me of Guts from Berserk! His sword a lot also is similar to one that Guts.

Sugoi, very daring sensual art of Riannon, me wonder if another art book coming in my collection of this.....BTW to me this scene represented to me virgin flower and Arawn taking that virginity all in figure art speech.

Gaius remind of Guts.

Undead concept of monster so far ok for me and me like it!
Apr 14, 2009 5:25 AM

Aug 2008
japanme32 said:

Gaius remind of Guts.

same thoughts exactly ^^ nice ep
Apr 14, 2009 5:28 AM

Jan 2009
Ximinez said:
japanme32 said:

Gaius remind of Guts.

same thoughts exactly ^^ nice ep

Glad to share a thought. :D
I wonder what surprise we will have next episode with that archer girl?
Apr 14, 2009 7:22 AM

Jun 2008
OMG ANGEL999. Amirite?

Always want to do the first thread for an anime.
Apr 14, 2009 7:38 AM

Jan 2008
Dagger + bow, I think more exact definition of her would be a Rogue.

The storyline here feels like elements of Boudica + Arthurian Legends mixed together.

Some deductions I figure best be marked with spoilers

There better be a major spin around the corner hiding somewhere or I'm going to feel disappointed.
AoriiApr 14, 2009 11:34 AM
Apr 14, 2009 8:14 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Decent episode, can't wait to see the girls in the preview. =D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 14, 2009 8:15 AM

Feb 2008
Nice episode. I also decided to keep on watching this show. :D

See you in the DVD version~
De-JaYApr 14, 2009 8:19 AM
Apr 14, 2009 8:37 AM

Oct 2008
Kind of a disappointing episode.

I was expecting an epic battle to kick off the series after the first episode set the stage. What i got was our "hero" stabbing the bad guy in the back and then playing whack-a-mole with undead. Not much happened really. Was quite surprised by the priestess suddenly saying she was marrying him out of the blue as it is a bit ridiculous.

This series reminds me of Pandora hearts in that the first episode was mostly about foreshadowing how great and epic the second episode was going to be, but unlike Pandora Hearts, Tears to Tiara just dropped the ball. Not a horrible episode and i'll for sure watch the next one, but I'm guessing when all is said and done, this will be near the bottom of shows i liked enough to watch this season.

As someone who LOVED Utawarerumono, this does make me rather sad.
Apr 14, 2009 11:22 AM

Jul 2008
This was definitely better than first episode, now it's 8/10.
Characters are interesting and plot seems nicer AND cleaner now. Curious what is going to happen next

Apr 14, 2009 11:47 AM

Feb 2008
Didn't find this episode to be as good as the first one, but it was still interesting nonetheless.
Apr 14, 2009 12:22 PM

Jun 2008
Definitely didn't like this episode as much. Is anyone else really tired of the whole "sweet girl meets cold guy whom he brother hates but she loves so she decides to marry him all of a sudden" plotline? I was hoping for something better than this.
Apr 14, 2009 12:27 PM

Apr 2008
"japanme32" said:
It look like Arawn is not devil God as I think. He look more cooler than me think at first. Riannon. He saves Riannon from some deep slumber. Riannon appreciate him for that but that make Arthur jealous of that.

I think he actually IS devil God, but is also annoyed at being resurrected every 10 years by some stupid priest. Who wouldn't be? You sleep peacefully in your coffin, dreaming about some nice things and then BOO, they bring you back to life, because of Another Stupid Prophecy™... I would surely get pissed. Maybe he wanted to act differently this time? Still, he is way too cool, befriending Arthur and Riannon like that.

At first I thought I would drop this show... but it started to get interesting. Kind of reminds me of Utawarerumono
ModrzewApr 14, 2009 12:33 PM
Apr 14, 2009 1:01 PM

Dec 2007
Darkii said:
OMG ANGEL999. Amirite?

Lol I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Anyway, this episode was alot better than the first , now I'm definately going to keep watching this. And this is an adaptation of an eroge right? The scene with Riannon probably played out differently in the game, lol.
Apr 14, 2009 1:29 PM
Sep 2007
This show is getting better with every minute. Character interactions are quite nice too. And more importantly - Goto Yuko. <3
Apr 14, 2009 1:46 PM

Nov 2007
Not as good as the first episode, but I like it.

Apr 14, 2009 1:59 PM

Feb 2008
me likes. so they set up for the epic journey and all that. big fight ahead blah blah. it all seems interesting but much more needs to be revealed.
Apr 14, 2009 2:10 PM
Dec 2007
General quality dropped in this second episode, but the political plot is becoming much clearer now : it's going to be a remake of Utawarerumono (not that it's a bad thing actually). Gaius will oppose the Gael village, then Arawn will beat him and they'll join forces against the opposite cult of Talator and fight it out between Gods. Well, not that original, but it seems to have different plot strings as far as the characters are concerned and especially relations between the protagonists, so we'll have to see the originality here I guess.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 14, 2009 2:38 PM

Apr 2009
Quite a boring episode and all too predictable for me. The only reason I kept watching is because I quite liked the fighting scenes.

Oh well, this episode gets a 3/5 from me. ^^;
Apr 14, 2009 3:27 PM

Mar 2007
I am enjoying this series. It is not mind-blowingly awesome or epic, but it is amusing. I liked the sense of humor that peeked through in this episode. And I really like Rhiannon's hat.
Apr 14, 2009 3:37 PM

Jul 2008
i. Wtf?!?!?
ii. Her brother is quite annoying when he is going after the demon king guy.
iii. He redeemed himself once his sister became more annoying.
iv. The demon king guy (Arawn? It looks too much like some weird shipping name for Arwen and Aragorn) is the only character I have so far not been annoyed with.
v. Ugh, hasty-to-fight characters bore me quickly.
vi. Can you say fangirl? Zero character development + a "fate romance" scenario = FAIL. I'm not enjoying this show.
vii. But then again Arawn-demon-king-guy is taking all of this pretty well. Also, the scarf is really awesome on him.
viii. Woah, that sword is ridiculously large.
ix. Holy Empire, his name is Gaius, the cape, the whole outfit really - they aren't all that subtle, now are they?
x. Preview introduces fanservice action girl. Will Arawn be collecting a harem? Or does annoying brother get his own obligatory love interest? Please let it be the second one because his weird way of saying his sister's husband will be the chief was kind venturing into squick territory.

I might like this show if some kind of interesting plot happened and if the characters gained some more dimension. The potential for awesome is there, but I'm not so sure it will sort itself out. Yozakura Quartet has scarred me for life.

BEGINNER
Apr 14, 2009 4:02 PM

Mar 2009
zanaikin said:
Dagger + bow, I think more exact definition of her would be a Rogue.

The storyline here feels like elements of Boudica + Arthurian Legends mixed together.

Some deductions I figure best be marked with spoilers

There better be a major spin around the corner hiding somewhere or I'm going to feel disappointed.

well I don't know about Boudica exactly, but that name rings a bell somewhere... but about Arthur your definitely right...can be seen even in small details e.g. the empire which is obviously Roman, or the Isle "Erin" resembling England...

I'm really interested in how they will make up the plot and how much it'll contain of the original Arthur legend

Edit: just looked up about Boudica...should have been about 50 years earlier than arthur
Apr 14, 2009 4:42 PM

Apr 2008
The first episode was definitely better. It had a much darker atmosphere. There was a great deal of suspense. This ep was much much lighter. There was no humor in the first episode but there was very little besides humor in this one. The plot didn't advance very far and the fighting wasn't very interesting.
Apr 14, 2009 5:42 PM

Jul 2008
i think riannon is in love with arawn, or at least has some affection for him.
and now the people of gael are now nomads to escape the empire.
btw any else get the reference of dead warriors rising from the grave thanks to a cauldron? plus Arawn = demon lord?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 14, 2009 6:17 PM

Jan 2008
I think people are forgetting one major detail regarding Riannon's hastiness...

She's a SEER!!!

It means there's a possibility (pretty good one, looking @ ep1) she's realized this moment all her life. Or she could have just realized it now. It reminds me a lot of Twelve Kingdoms, where Kirin typically recognize their chosen ruler (the one they accompany for rest of their life) almost immediately upon first sight.

Or this is just me trying to persuade myself the scriptwriters didn't screw up... at least it makes sense to me [shrug]

My bet's on Arawn being a god. His attitude is too carefree and benevolent for some demon lord, besides we have Uta as precedence on how Leaf's writers think...
Apr 14, 2009 6:48 PM

Aug 2008
adamantine said:
i. Wtf?!?!?
iv. The demon king guy (Arawn? It looks too much like some weird shipping name for Arwen and Aragorn) is the only character I have so far not been annoyed with.
vi. Can you say fangirl? Zero character development + a "fate romance" scenario = FAIL. I'm not enjoying this show.
vii. But then again Arawn-demon-king-guy is taking all of this pretty well. Also, the scarf is really awesome on him.
ix. Holy Empire, his name is Gaius, the cape, the whole outfit really - they aren't all that subtle, now are they?
x. Preview introduces fanservice action girl. Will Arawn be collecting a harem? Or does annoying brother get his own obligatory love interest? Please let it be the second one because his weird way of saying his sister's husband will be the chief was kind venturing into squick territory.

I might like this show if some kind of interesting plot happened and if the characters gained some more dimension. The potential for awesome is there, but I'm not so sure it will sort itself out. Yozakura Quartet has scarred me for life.

Ha!! Those were most of my thoughts exactly. Yozakura Quartet is like instant cynicism.

With that said. I was amazed that a show that seemed to have such a mature approach to this genre with the language and tone all got turned into the same cliche with Arthur screaming like a baby and then Rhiannon declaring Arawn to be her fated lover. That was a matter of seconds and the whole tone of the show completely did a 180. I thought that this show could rise above being based off of an rpg, but I guess not. I'm expecting what I saw from Tales of the Abyss, except presented a little cleaner.
Apr 14, 2009 7:49 PM

Jun 2007
ah crap....I was really hoping the demon god guy wouldn't be the center of the harem :(. *crosses fingers for the brother to hook up with someone* lol
Apr 14, 2009 7:54 PM

Oct 2007
This was absolutely horrible. This is so absolutely cliche and they don't even present it well. Riannon just instanteously falling for the Demon Lord is just ridiculous. Fights lacked choreography. This is a mess.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Apr 14, 2009 9:31 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:
adamantine said:
i. Wtf?!?!?

Ha!! Those were most of my thoughts exactly. Yozakura Quartet is like instant cynicism.

With that said. I was amazed that a show that seemed to have such a mature approach to this genre with the language and tone all got turned into the same cliche with Arthur screaming like a baby and then Rhiannon declaring Arawn to be her fated lover. That was a matter of seconds and the whole tone of the show completely did a 180. I thought that this show could rise above being based off of an rpg, but I guess not. I'm expecting what I saw from Tales of the Abyss, except presented a little cleaner.

Yozakura Quartet was such a big disappointment. One of these days I'm going to actually buy the manga.

Yeah, everything went whack as soon her brother started attacking and she decided she was in love. It was like this horrible bombardment of clichés.

BEGINNER
Apr 14, 2009 11:44 PM

Nov 2007
the first half was the dumbest crap possible. why did we have 5 minutes of

"im gonna kill him"
"no don't"
etc.

oh and can we kill the sister, she annoys the fuck out of me.
Apr 15, 2009 12:52 AM

Jul 2007
Hm that was decent, decent as in "watchable", but nothing more. It's miles from Utawarerumonos epicness and instead, kinda reminds me of the Tower of Druaga. With all those stupid jokes and the lame CG undead army. Anyway, I'll keep on watching and hoping. Also dumb was that the badass brother warrior refers to himself as "nii-chan", in the same second as he wanted to engage a demon god. Wtf.
Best scene imo from this episode was when the girl stood in front of the demon god guy, being all "Zomg you can't kill him, if you plan to kill him then..." and when everyone should have expected "..kill me first", a "I'll marry him" was all we got : p
Apr 15, 2009 2:19 AM

Sep 2007
crazy_eights said:

"im gonna kill him"
"no don't"
etc.

Actually there is more to it why he wated to kill him...

Well it was a nice episode, it would have been better, if they put all these things in the first ep, but well, it's alright. I didn't expect anything from tha figths this early on, cos even in the game they were friggin easy.

Mire said:
Also dumb was that the badass brother warrior refers to himself as "nii-chan", in the same second as he wanted to engage a demon god.

lol, it's probably because I played the game, but I never felt that Arthur was badass XD
Apr 15, 2009 3:04 PM

Sep 2007
Darkii said:
OMG ANGEL999. Amirite?

Always want to do the first thread for an anime.

+9000 points

Generic fantasy rellion story... go! It's following almost the same premise as Utawarerumono at this point. Village rebels against the empire, generates a large army, dukes it out with other nations eventually. I just hope it doesn't suddenly pull out some sci-fi mecha hax like Utawarerumono.
Apr 15, 2009 3:11 PM

Apr 2007
Modrzew said:

Yeah, but I wonder if that is a good thing. I liked Utawarerumono, and I'd love to see an anime with the same "style" not the same "story"...

I'm disappointed with Riannon. Last episode I really thought she might be one of these rare dignified girls that I prefer SO MUCH over squealing fangirls...

Btw, I just love how disgusted Arawn looks in the second Riannon starts clinging to him. XD It so totally expressed my feelings too. :P

Mod Edit: Please don't stretch the forums.
asandariApr 15, 2009 3:44 PM
Apr 15, 2009 6:54 PM

Oct 2008
De-JaY said:
Nice episode. I also decided to keep on watching this show. :D

See you in the DVD version~

Lol DVD version ftw :)

Apr 15, 2009 7:23 PM

Jan 2009
Modrzew said:
"japanme32" said:

I think he actually IS devil God, but is also annoyed at being resurrected every 10 years by some stupid priest. Who wouldn't be? You sleep peacefully in your coffin, dreaming about some nice things and then BOO, they bring you back to life, because of Another Stupid Prophecy™... I would surely get pissed. Maybe he wanted to act differently this time? Still, he is way too cool, befriending Arthur and Riannon like that.

At first I thought I would drop this show... but it started to get interesting. Kind of reminds me of Utawarerumono

Me hope he dies painfully by Arthur but maybe his sister might perish also because she part of him? Possible but did not play game so I do not know.

canis said:
Modrzew said:

Yeah, but I wonder if that is a good thing. I liked Utawarerumono, and I'd love to see an anime with the same "style" not the same "story"...

I'm disappointed with Riannon. Last episode I really thought she might be one of these rare dignified girls that I prefer SO MUCH over squealing fangirls...

Btw, I just love how disgusted Arawn looks in the second Riannon starts clinging to him. XD It so totally expressed my feelings too. :P

Mod Edit: Please don't stretch the forums.

Maybe he just want to eat her or consume at end? Hope Arthur kill him before he even tries that.
Apr 15, 2009 9:02 PM

Feb 2009
i liked it alot! i really like Riannon and Arawn
Apr 15, 2009 9:55 PM

Jan 2009
crazy_eights said:

"im gonna kill him"
"no don't"
etc.

oh and can we kill the sister, she annoys the fuck out of me.

I think was stupid for Riannon to protect Arawn.
Apr 15, 2009 10:41 PM

Feb 2009
this first part of the episode annoyed me
but everything else I liked
the next turn should be better
~May you continue being the Messiah....
Apr 16, 2009 12:11 AM

Jul 2008
This is really starting to seem like Utawarerumono 2.0
Apr 16, 2009 2:39 AM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
Decent episode, can't wait to see the girls in the preview. =D

this, one of the reasons i picked the show up in the first place
Apr 16, 2009 12:06 PM

Sep 2007
Arthur pisses me off. If he would just stop yelling and rushing into fighting...
Apr 16, 2009 1:08 PM

Dec 2008
Iriya said:
Arthur pisses me off. If he would just stop yelling and rushing into fighting...
lol XD!! agreed, but at the same time his stupidity is amusing~
Apr 16, 2009 2:19 PM

Jan 2009
Iriya said:

Arawn pisses me off.
Apr 16, 2009 3:25 PM

Jun 2008
That princess girl (forgot her name) is really getting on my nerve.
Anyway decent episode.

Charliehsv said:
Darkii said:
OMG ANGEL999. Amirite?

Lol I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Isn't it obvious?
Apr 16, 2009 3:44 PM

Sep 2008
Decent episode. can't wait to see that dude with the huge sword fight. I wonder if he'll plow through people like Guts.

Apr 16, 2009 4:29 PM

Sep 2008
Looks like Guts (Gaius) and Griffith (Arthur or demon king, you pick) finally changed sides.....somebody watched/read too much berserk before making this show...

I didn't like the episode, fighting is too rushed, characters are shallow at most, and story seems cliché. Hopefully things change soon...
Apr 17, 2009 1:41 PM
May 2008
Cliched all to hell but this was better than the first episode so I'll continue with it.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 17, 2009 9:11 PM

Aug 2008
I find this show hard to chew on. Probably, the story pacing itself is too slow for people like me. Anyway, there's nothing wrong about this episode. However, I find this episode boring as compared to the first.

Nevertheless, I will still watch it. Probably, the series itself will start to blossom in the succeeding episodes.

Apr 17, 2009 11:01 PM

Dec 2007
The episode is good as I expected, and I found out that Arthur is annoying character for some reason. I hoped there’s interesting magic in episode, but they use their weapon to attack the skeletons instead. Riannon is cute, BTW. I need to play Tears to Tiara game.
Apr 18, 2009 6:24 PM

Sep 2008
not a bad episode, I'm kinda starting to like Riannon for some odd reason lol.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 25 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 21, 2009

31 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 5 Discussion

MrTerrorist - May 3, 2009

41 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Evilincarnate - Sep 27, 2009

67 by Inexplicable »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:37 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - Jul 14, 2009

55 by Sugram22 »»
May 7, 2021 6:02 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 14 Discussion

lovelylemonade - Jul 5, 2009

28 by BiggKab »»
Dec 18, 2020 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.