Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 12, 2009 8:33 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is very good!!
Baseball isn't a common sport in my country, but i love it.
After watching this, i kind wanted to train more, like everyday.

Some comments about this episode:
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Apr 12, 2009 9:25 PM

Nov 2008
I liked this episode. I think they did a good job with the flashbacks to bring the watcher up to speed on past events, and I surmise they will continue to use flashbacks quite a lot until they cover all the important stuff from the first volume of the manga which hasn't been shown in this or the first episode.

Kudos to Synergy SP. :)
Apr 13, 2009 5:46 AM
Jul 2008
Funny episode
Apr 15, 2009 11:57 AM

Dec 2007
Mmm...tsundere...
Apr 15, 2009 4:56 PM

Oct 2008
Greggo said:
Mmm...tsundere...

Tsundere? Who, Aoba?!
Apr 15, 2009 7:11 PM
Mar 2008
Haha, nice episode
I really do miss Wakaba T_T

On another note, funny if Wakaba was a mad genius who planned a setup between Aoba & Kou years into the future! :O
Apr 15, 2009 10:27 PM

Feb 2009
Translucent said:
Haha, nice episode
I really do miss Wakaba T_T

On another note, funny if Wakaba was a mad genius who planned a setup between Aoba & Kou years into the future! :O

whoa wait, do Aoba and Ko get together later?
[url=http://www.squiby.net/level/4135737]
Apr 15, 2009 10:44 PM

Aug 2008
Seems pretty obvious to me. Despite the transparent plot and terrible character design, I can't help but be charmed by the innocence and energy of the show.
Apr 16, 2009 12:57 AM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
Seems pretty obvious to me. Despite the transparent plot and terrible character design, I can't help but be charmed by the innocence and energy of the show.
LOL I guess I can't just drop it yet.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 16, 2009 2:35 AM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:

you're right, the show has this cuteness about it that makes me want more
Apr 16, 2009 5:25 AM

Mar 2009
Another good episode, Wakaba FTW!! I miss her so much already, but I hope Ko and Aoba get together...can't wait for more...Urahara Out!!
Apr 16, 2009 10:29 AM

Aug 2008
Siva said:
noteDhero said:

LOL, why can't you drop it?
Apr 16, 2009 10:51 AM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
Siva said:
noteDhero said:

Because once you start Adachi, you can't stop. ^o^

Apr 16, 2009 11:31 AM

Aug 2007
That was a good episode. I miss Wakaba too.
Apr 16, 2009 3:59 PM

Jul 2008
Decent episode, there really is just a cuteness that makes this hard to ignore.

Also, anyone else notice that on the title screen/eyecatch Wakaba's clover section has faded? =\

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Apr 16, 2009 11:11 PM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
Siva said:
noteDhero said:

Because what you said is pretty much how I feel about this series after 2 episodes. To be honest, after the first episode I don't know what to say when I learn about Wakaba dies. You know she was the only person in the first episode that make me want to watch Cross Game and suddenly she is going to disappear. Now you know that I lost my reason to watch this anime since the first episode.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 17, 2009 6:52 PM

Apr 2009
Still very good. A few of the comedy portions came off forced and a bit out of place, though...
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Apr 18, 2009 2:22 AM

Jan 2008
Awesome episode. It's good to see progress on both the past and the present side.
Apr 18, 2009 7:41 PM

Mar 2009
well the plot of the story is preety obvious but its kinda interesting but it kinda sad when wakaba dies

Apr 19, 2009 5:18 AM

Jun 2008
I can see this become very long. Anyways, one of the best of the season along with Guin Saga for me.
Apr 19, 2009 9:38 PM
Dec 2008
Sorry we use a yellow font with a black border. Been using it for nearly 15 years. Most legible subtitle we've seen. we're old school fansubbers. Please don't judge it based on the font color. There are much better things to judge a fansub on.
Apr 19, 2009 9:58 PM

Aug 2008
I started Touch a couple of days ago, and I must say...this feels like the same story with a gender reversal...and for this to be based off a manga that came out in 05 makes this art style extra ridiculous.
Apr 19, 2009 11:15 PM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
I started Touch a couple of days ago, and I must say...this feels like the same story with a gender reversal...and for this to be based off a manga that came out in 05 makes this art style extra ridiculous.

It's Adachi's style, so you'll just have to deal with it if you watch the show. The art style is no more ridiculous than another style by any other manga artist.

Apr 19, 2009 11:16 PM

Aug 2008
Apr 19, 2009 11:33 PM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
Except that 20 years later it hasn't grown at all.

His style has changed quite a bit from his early works such as "Nine" to "Cross Game". Putting them side by side, you can see quite a lot of differences. Yes, there are a lot of similarities, but you can see that in anyone who has worked in the business for as long as Adachi.

If you don't like his style, that's your choice, but to say his style hasn't "grown" (whatever that's supposed to mean) is completely off base. You can see a steady progression and change through his artwork through the years, even though he still keeps a lot of the qualities that have kept his fans through the years.

But that's off topic, really, for this particular forum. Perhaps taking the discussion elsewhere would be good. Just post a link so anyone interested can go there.
Apr 19, 2009 11:43 PM

Aug 2008
Well, I'm just looking at the simplicity of character design, the use of setting, open spaces, brightness, etc. I see few differences in say Wakaba than I do Minami in Touch. For the first 10 or so episodes, every time I saw Minami I thought "Wakaba!" Of course, that's backwards since Wakaba came second, but that's besides the point.

Grown means seeing a marked progression in style. Whether it be character design, challenging setting, use of line, or overall detail.

I don't think it's off topic since I am talking about Cross Game. I doubt I'll ever mention it again since this is the first time I've seen anything done by this guy. Just a thought since I've kind of been marathoning Touch.

Apr 20, 2009 2:21 AM

Sep 2008
i really want to watch this episode but i'm still waiting for jade subs to release, i aint watching that shiki crap.
Apr 20, 2009 4:59 AM

Aug 2007
Bakayaro said:

Also, anyone else notice that on the title screen/eyecatch Wakaba's clover section has faded? =

Glad that someone caught the faded section on the clover. It's like that in the manga starting on vol. 2.(Since Wakaba passes around the end of vol 1)

I don't know if it's me but I like the way Wakaba said that line in the manga better.
(This is the part where Wakaba and Aoba talk about Koh being able to pitch 160 km)

anime version(Central Anime subs)-"But, Don't take him from me, okay?"

manga version -"But if he does, you still can't have him."
Apr 20, 2009 6:07 AM
Dec 2008
SHInoSHIkamaru said:
Bakayaro said:

Also, anyone else notice that on the title screen/eyecatch Wakaba's clover section has faded? =

Glad that someone caught the faded section on the clover. It's like that in the manga starting on vol. 2.(Since Wakaba passes around the end of vol 1)

I don't know if it's me but I like the way Wakaba said that line in the manga better.
(This is the part where Wakaba and Aoba talk about Koh being able to pitch 160 km)

It's all in how the translator interprets what is said. Sometimes manga and spoken are not exactly the same either. The meanings in this case appear to have the same effect. Plus that is neither is an official professional translation.
Apr 20, 2009 9:28 AM

Aug 2008
I'm pretty sure that's the translation used in Shiki subs.
Apr 20, 2009 8:34 PM

Nov 2008
Best anime of the season. Imo it will be fun to watch the girl slowly develop feelings for the guy despite the fact that her sister died. The show is endearing, especially with the animation style that has been chosen. At first I thought it looked a little kiddy but it's growing on me.

Shiki subs uses the manga translation.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Apr 21, 2009 12:12 AM

Mar 2009
Watching this anime has got me reading the manga too... enjoying them both! >_<

Can't wait to see episode 3! ^_^
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Apr 21, 2009 3:54 AM

May 2008
I can't get my mind off Wakaba yet :(
Apr 21, 2009 8:20 PM

Sep 2008
jade subs finally out :), really enjoyed this episode. i've never actually watched a baseball anime before and there's quite a lot of them obviously for the reason of baseball being so huge in japan. But guess the baseball isn't what this series is all about, i think there's some great development between the characters and it's natural which makes me more immersed in it.

also i think the op is the best song from an anime so far this season. I heard it on the first ep and decided to go get some music by Kobukuro. I didn't realise they had been around for 10years or so and that they have been very successful. But i absolutely love their music and i am now so thankful to this anime for helping me discover them :) cause i can't stop listening to them now. Also what i think it's kinda cool about it, is that Ayaka who does the ED has done 2 collaboration singles with them and they are both brilliant.
Apr 22, 2009 12:24 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Another solid and decent episode. (:

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 22, 2009 4:48 AM

Aug 2007
Heibi said:
SHInoSHIkamaru said:
Bakayaro said:

It's all in how the translator interprets what is said. Sometimes manga and spoken are not exactly the same either. The meanings in this case appear to have the same effect. Plus that is neither is an official professional translation.

Yeah, I guess I know what you mean. I think I'll be sticking to Minor Ja Nai Fansubs since they are the same people who scanlate the manga. Only makes sense.
Apr 25, 2009 7:41 PM

May 2008
hey not bad, i started this show quite late compared to the other shows , glad i can find a website to watch it online

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 30, 2009 2:42 AM

Jan 2008
This is quite good, wonder why I didn't pick this up sooner.
May 9, 2009 4:07 AM

Jul 2008
I liked this episode, and I'm liking the series more and more.
May 27, 2009 3:18 AM

Nov 2007
This show is just so cute, that I adore it!

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 7, 2009 10:15 AM

Jun 2008
Nice episode. I'm liking it so far.
May 8, 2010 10:26 AM

Jun 2009
Another good episode. Also, despite what others have said, I'm digging the retro art style.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 9, 2010 7:22 AM

Jun 2009
Holy SH%T... I'm loving this show already...

T_T Wakaba... she's awesome... Why she have to die...

So Ko have been secretly training all this time... Wakaba's prediction... I love shows that link the past to the presents...

When the ending theme start playing... It reminded me of Wakaba's funeral... T_T

Nothing epic, nothing over the top, nothing exciting happen... but it have some sort of charm... Watching them both training their arm give me the urge of start training my own sport... and it's 2am... I guess I'll go do push-up before bed or something...

EDIT: If good flash back of Wakaba keeps happening... I got a feeling that she might actually make it to my favorite character list... well... if..
AirStylesMay 9, 2010 7:31 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2010 12:27 AM

Sep 2009
A few people say the character art is bad but I wouldn't really consider it bad, just a different style. I still like this so far.
Oct 8, 2010 8:46 PM

Sep 2008
I like the time skip, but I hope they don't keep visiting the past each episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2010 12:58 PM

Sep 2008
I don't like baseball, but I'm loving this series. The first episode was great (really struck a chord with me, actually... since I can relate to Ko), and this one was also very entertaining and enjoyable.

Yeah it's obvious what will happen in the end... but it's the journey to get there that's interesting. :D Looking forward to seeing what happens from here on out. And I actually really like the animation. It's really crisp and clean, and I like the characters' facial expressions. XD Even though I don't like their actual character designs that much yet... maybe they will grow on me.
Jun 2, 2011 3:33 PM

Dec 2010
Very slow pace so far, but I'm actually enjoying this series a lot. Very well developed characters (in only 2 episodes!), retro art style which gives it a 'modern classic' feel, and a wonderfully laid back atmosphere that hints at a long, but ultimately very rewarding, show.
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Nov 7, 2011 6:07 PM

Jan 2009
As a huge baseball and anime fan, how could one go wrong with this. Well, I thought Ookiku Furikabutte was only okay. A terrible main threw me off on that one, but this one is great! I see myself enjoying this all the way through (hopefully).

I'm a little confused about the ballgame flashback in this episode, though. Did that ballgame take place between the first ballgame and when Wakaba died? I guess there's really no other time it could have taken place. But it just seems that there wasn't much time that had pass between those two events in the first episode.

After thought: Momiji is comedic gold!
ZewerrMay 8, 2018 7:27 AM
Aug 4, 2012 3:38 PM

Nov 2011
Geez, this series is so taxing on the emotions. I don't find this slow paced at all, in fact I can't find one thing to complain about in the series, so far.
Sep 15, 2012 6:23 PM

Sep 2011
Another great episode! Man, I hate baseball too. (no offense to people who like it)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Help: Cross Game filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 28, 2023

6 by zckfox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fanty - Apr 5, 2009

194 by Ethan348 »»
Jul 3, 2023 3:30 PM

» Cross Game Soundtrack

falph - Apr 5, 2010

8 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:04 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2010

279 by animejas »»
Apr 27, 2023 1:45 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2009

65 by EsieEyen »»
Nov 6, 2022 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.