Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 5, 2014 4:55 AM
Apr 2010
Going from all the posts about the cliffhanger, I'm glad I didn't watch this episode.
Feb 5, 2014 6:34 AM

Oct 2011
If the 2nd years can't participate in Inter-High. Can't they be the substitutes?? In case one of the members get injured they can replace them for a while : (
Feb 5, 2014 9:53 AM

Apr 2013
AnimeFan500 said:
If the 2nd years can't participate in Inter-High. Can't they be the substitutes?? In case one of the members get injured they can replace them for a while : (

Just from the Ending where they're all riding together tells me that they'll have some sort of involvement in the inter-high, but that's just my guess.

Like Sugimoto, he's in the OP but he's not seen riding with the team. He's just in non riding parts of the OP.
Feb 6, 2014 9:20 AM

Jul 2012
I'm internally screaming because they put in a cliffhanger :( DAMNNN

Good episode! Onoda is a cutie as usual.
Feb 6, 2014 11:41 AM
Jan 2014
Dat cliffhanger was too cruel, man.
Feb 6, 2014 12:19 PM

Feb 2012
Sichi said:
OMG! when Onoda use that lower bar and caught i just died... this is too fcking intense... THE CLIFFHANGER THOOOOOOOOOOOOO! AHAHAHAHAHAh

This is a much better post about how I felt watching this episode than my previous post.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Feb 6, 2014 5:10 PM
Nov 2012
Nice ep, it obviously had to end with a cliffhanger...
Feb 6, 2014 5:10 PM
Aug 2011
My screen almost caught on fire from the intensity radiating from this episode.
Feb 6, 2014 5:49 PM

Mar 2008
jbeat said:

IDK why, but for me, Onada is starting to become annoying... When he falls back, he belittle himself, then he somehow speeds up then smiles/shouts. Ugh, will he be doing this in every race he joins?

For me too. He started annoying me during the first year race. The way he broke down and then started speeding up chasing his "friends" with that creepy smile of his.

I am seriously hoping Onoda gets last place but he probably won't. He'll probably get to enter the inter-high... I hope he loses there and get a huge mental breakdown. heh

Hope to see more of the 2nd years, I am really liking Aoyagi and the perm dude~
Feb 8, 2014 4:03 PM

May 2013
I swear if Onoda gets any place other than last... though from watching this anime I already know he'll probably beat the second-years with Naruko and Imaizumi. It's a shame, too. So much for all that nice back story on the second-years.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Feb 9, 2014 7:49 PM

Mar 2008
aokuro said:
eternaltorture said:
jbeat said:
IDK why, but for me, Onada is starting to become annoying... When he falls back, he belittle himself, then he somehow speeds up then smiles/shouts. Ugh, will he be doing this in every race he joins?
For me too. He started annoying me during the first year race. The way he broke down and then started speeding up chasing his "friends" with that creepy smile of his.
It's starting to affect my enjoyment of the show a little now. ): I don't necessarily wish the worst for him, but it doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever for him to overcome the second years so easily with the remaining laps???? They're most likely still gonna finish before him... I mean, please.

Suzune-chanMar 11, 2014 6:30 PM
Feb 11, 2014 8:40 AM

Jul 2012
On to the Inter-High!
Feb 12, 2014 7:14 PM

Oct 2013
babymilo91 said:
This is getting intense. I want Onoda to cross that finish line first.

Same
Mar 11, 2014 5:13 AM

Jun 2008
Sourire said:
Great episode.. my only dislike is that the anime-logic was strong in this one.. they say 250 meters remaining but talk and pedal for 10 minutes... 250 meter on bike would take less than two minutes.

Onoooooodaaaaa

I think it takes less that two minutes on foot too. On a bike it should take just 10 seconds.

jbeat said:
I don't know why, but I'm rooting for the second years to win. It's their last chance to go to inter-high, while the first years still have another year to do so. Sure, skill-wise, the first years are more skilled, noting they still have their mods on their bikes, hindering them to reach their 100% potential. So yeah, though I want the second years to win, it's more likely that the first years will win.

I think you missed the part where you wrote "second years". Is not their last chance at all. They got another year and they will be even stronger than now so for the to lose the chance to go at their last year it means the first years of next year have to be even more awesome than the current first years which i find hard except if the author wants to throw some more op characters.
If they don't go now they will certainly go next year along with the current first years.

RediceRyan said:

And what were the second years' handicaps?

Their hair.
MonadMar 11, 2014 5:24 AM
Mar 28, 2014 2:35 AM

Nov 2007
It may not be Aoyagi and Teshima's last chance to go... but as they said, it's their last chance to go with Tadokoro. Still, if they are having this much trouble with handicapped 1st years, that isn't saying much about what they can accomplish, is it? And some of the guys that they'll go up against in the inter-high look just as hard or harder than the 1st years.

Hm... sucks, 'cause I like them, but I don't think they'll be going...

I don't know that it's just that it took 10 minutes to cross however much distance was remaining, but that they had to show the simultaneous reactions of everyone involved, including the 3rd years who are at the goal. So they show something happening in the race, and then they go show what was happening at the same time at the goal... back and forth... ^^; Still took more time than necessary, but at least it was only 5 minutes, then.
Apr 9, 2014 1:01 PM

Nov 2007
This episode somehow annoyed me to death.............Onoda is many laps behind everyone so what the fuck it that desperation?why would it matter he is "right behind you"?also Naruko giving Imaizumi shit because he didn't want to "help" Onoda or something...plz,let the man of reason be...
May 9, 2014 4:19 PM

Apr 2014
Naruko + Imaizumi grabbing Onoda to keep him from falling = best part of episode.

First years, yes. <3
May 31, 2014 8:49 AM

May 2014
damn that cliffhanger. great episode! Can't wait to see who wins
Jun 16, 2014 7:35 AM

Apr 2013
Awwgh such tension all episode long and then a massive cliffhanger xD
I'm glad I started late because making you wait a week after this is just too cruel
Sep 19, 2014 1:33 PM

Jun 2011
I am starting to dislike Naruko, and the animation. How the hell could they still have the same distance between them when Imaizumi is probably pulling himself away while Naruko was undetermined whether to help Onoda or not. How the hell did the desperate second years not catch up to them. A little hesitation could cost you, but not in this anime I guess. That Onoda too, what? Caught up in a second which doesn't make much sense at all, and it looked funny, the animation anyway.

How the hell are they cycling at the same speed? Especially at the curve, I mean, if it's a left curve, won't the one at the right side be.. uhm.. fall back?
ToG25thBaamSep 19, 2014 1:42 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 6, 2015 5:50 PM

Jul 2011
I don't get why they're saying this last lap decides it. Don't they have another whole day? Also, Onoda is still quite a bit behind the rest of them in laps. Why are the second years even worried about him?
Sep 19, 2015 7:55 AM
Dec 2009
What a cliffhanger!! Was going to go to bed but have to watch 18 now to see how the race turns out...!
Sep 24, 2015 12:01 AM

Jun 2009
Onoda is fucking unbearable.

This race is really dragged. Longest 500 (or whatever) meters in history. It reminds of the multi-episode "2 minutes remaining" bits from Kuroko no Basuke or the 5 minutes until Namek explodes in DBZ lasting 20 episodes. I swear to go if this final 100 meters last for the whole of next episode I'll be very disappointed.

LordU said:
I don't get why they're saying this last lap decides it. Don't they have another whole day? Also, Onoda is still quite a bit behind the rest of them in laps. Why are the second years even worried about him?

Yeah, this whole race doesn't even make sense to me.
Mar 22, 2016 4:27 AM

Jun 2013
I really desperately want them all to qualify for the interhigh, it's hard to choose sides.

I also hope Onoda becomes better at dancing and balancing himself.
臭い-
Mar 28, 2016 4:56 PM
Dec 2014
Tyestor said:
Onoda is fucking unbearable.

This race is really dragged. Longest 500 (or whatever) meters in history. It reminds of the multi-episode "2 minutes remaining" bits from Kuroko no Basuke or the 5 minutes until Namek explodes in DBZ lasting 20 episodes. I swear to go if this final 100 meters last for the whole of next episode I'll be very disappointed.

LordU said:

Yeah, this whole race doesn't even make sense to me.

It's a time trail, fastest to 1000. So if the second year was a lap ahead and they weren't allowed to pass him, he could have gained a lot of time on the first years.
Aug 23, 2016 2:49 AM

Feb 2016
that onoda smile , i guess now we know the zodiac identity .

Overall bad episode
hisokathebutcherAug 23, 2016 2:52 AM
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Mar 10, 2017 9:22 PM

Jan 2015
I like how Kinjou said the LUCKIEST will win, that's a little right. Todokoro is rooting for his kouhais so cute <3 He is also right in terms of skill, Will and determination are the determining factors. He passed this advise to his kouhais which made them strong. It turns out he is ONE HELL of a senpai.

Also i'm kinda wondering who is the better friend in the situation, Naruko who wants to help out his friend(he actually called him friend, i'm so happy) in trouble, even if it means he is gonna lose. or cool and collected Imaizumi who thinks that if he's gonna help him and it will make them all lose instead of just Onoda, this will not make anyone happy, but if he wins, at least Onoda's efforts wouldn't have gone to waste. Probably Naruko is the better friend, but Imaizumi is the one with the better decision.

Ok i legit didn't know that putting your hand on lower handlebars would be such a difference. Also that trick where second years put their wheels close to each other, I didn't know that... basically they are moving faster as a duo huh.

I totally understand Aoyagi when he was punching his knee saying to last a bit longer, as his body is breaking already. And also Onoda and the fear of darkness of what's is ahead of you or behind. All in all this anime is great at making viewers be connected with what characters feel, cause like i totally can feel what they are going through, the physical pain and all. That's a big plus for the anime.

I also really like how devoted Tadokoro is, he is really into it. The Kuma part was very funny :P
Apr 27, 2017 12:31 PM

Mar 2015
The author of this series has no idea about maths, or probably even how bicycle races work. Laps don't matter? The 2nd years are one lap ahead, they tired themselves out to gain a 5 km lead, and now they're telling us it was all wasted effort. They really could make up a better excuse to push the insert otaku character to nationals. It's annoying that they didn't even explain the rules of qualifying for the Inter High before and just keep inventing them on the spot.
Jun 1, 2019 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
Imaizumi understands Onoda much more than Naruko does. Not sure why this last lap is such a big deal since they still have the last day and the second years are already ahead by a lap anyway. The pacing is absolutely horrible this episode, this last stretch of the race took like five times as long as it needs. And it ends on a cliffhanger.
Jul 14, 2019 2:20 AM

May 2019
I don't like the protagonist. I think Onoda is not suitable for this, he annoys me very much.
Naruko would be better if he was the protagonist. He fits all modern criteria of the protagonist of the genre Shounen, and his main rival should naturally be Imaizumi.
Mar 1, 2021 2:05 PM

Nov 2016
I agree the whole premise for this specific competition between first and sceond yeara is a bit farfetched/convoluted/wack, but so is the whole anime with portrayal of emotions or techniques. Remember when Naruko went after that guy in his car? Fucking ridiculous lol

Anyway it's what makes this so damm fun. Tense episode, holy fuck.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 25, 2021 8:22 AM

Jul 2015
Intense last sprint to determine who is going to the Inter-high. Unexpected cliffhanger at the end, I really thought they would end it this episode.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2014

100 by Hoshiosora »»
Apr 29, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.