Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 22, 2012 10:03 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, Kenshin explained his rivalry with Shingen and Yukimura had another fight with Date(the more, the better, as after Season 1 there are almost none between these two at all). Here is where the ruler of Imagawa gets some(and his last, btw) screentime, I was already wondering who was the lord of his land. Of course, Oda gets his epic&fearsome spotlight(his underlings deserve no attention anyway(except maybe for Mitsuhide)). Things are actually getting interesting from here on, because after this episode, the real sh*t is starting.
Btw, at this point I'm sure that the singer from this anime's OP is the one from Darker Than Black's OP.
MeritasJan 23, 2012 12:06 AM
Apr 3, 2012 2:13 AM
Jan 2012
Lol the tiger of Kai standing on/riding two horses up a wall. What.
Jul 14, 2012 10:42 PM

Aug 2010
Oda Nobunaga makes his entrance... It was epic, the music was totally fitting to him and better yet he's voiced by Norio. This guy is definitely going to be an epic villain.
Jul 17, 2012 12:27 PM
Sep 2011
The animation used during the fight between Yukimura and Date was a feast for the eyes. The dialogue is quite amusing at times.
Jul 22, 2012 2:49 PM

Oct 2011
good! i liked the mix of slight comedy as well as action!
Sep 30, 2012 7:32 AM

Jun 2011
kurotsuki said:
NOBUNAGA , FUCK YEAH !
god that was a fucking awesome episode , and when you thought the epic couldn't get better , Nobunaga appears and fucking owns the place !

This. Nobunaga was so damn badass that he owns. Even Date feels inferior in front of the great sixth demon lord, while Yukimura goes on announcing his own name -.-'
I like the kid with the arrows, he seems badass too ^^ Loving this series atm
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 16, 2013 2:40 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode.
The animation between Date an that guy fighting was bad.
That yellow hair girl voice is annoying.
The ending was badass.
The english was so funny.
4/5
Mar 16, 2013 2:41 PM
Jul 2012
Mon_Diamond said:
magelet said:
My favorite part of the whole episode: "SHIT!" XD

lol!! true!

That was funny
Jul 20, 2013 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
I don't know why I decided to watch this next but oh well I started to watch it so I might as well give it a chance.
I find it weird that Uesugi Kenshin has the same voice as Toshiro Hitsugaya from Bleach, and not only that but the thing on his forehead looks like Toshiro's Bankai flowers xD, well kinda.

I don't know what else to say about this anime. Other than that Kasuga's breast should fall out from that outfit after like the first movement... such a bad design for clothes.
May 23, 2014 9:47 AM

Apr 2014
Nobunaga and his evil clan have made an appearance! Hell yeah, this is getting amazing.
Jun 16, 2014 8:09 AM

May 2012
Wow! This series is sort of crazy and a bit exaggerated but I like it. Makes you hype up. Crazy fights!
Jul 28, 2014 10:35 AM

May 2012
Pretty epic development especially that ending! Let's see what's next.
Oct 16, 2014 10:34 PM

Jul 2013
oh God.. I don't know how to express my awe in this show. Especially at Date.. bad-ass-fuck!. The animation when Date was fighting Imagawa's soldier was really amazing but it dropped when he's having a duel with Yukimura. I wish they'd be more consistent in the future. But nevertheless, the fight scenes were really awesome.

So Nobunaga is the main villain in this show huh? damn I'm all pumped up. That scene was intense.
Sep 16, 2016 9:27 AM

Feb 2015
Murbella said:
Do you have to have played the game or whatever the source material for this anime is to enjoy this show?

Here is what i see casually watching this and not knowing anything about the material before:
-Paper thin characters
-PAINFUL dialogue
-No overall plot
-combat often devolves in to stereotypically bad, over the top scenes that more resemble two people throwing neon paint at each other more than fighting (ie dragon ball z in ancient Japan)

This episode was even worse than the first one, except for the last 5 or so minutes when mr dual spears met the dark lord, that was actually a quite good scene i thought. Not sure if i am just going to drop this series or hope that they build on the good end of this episode (but i doubt it) yet. All i know is this series reminds me a hell of a lot of Queen's blade which is more or less the same, except with rampant female nudity. If i'm forced to watch one extremely mediocre show, i'd chose the one that also has nudity any day, but of course i'm not forced to so...

i really don't see your point. it's just an exaggerated action flick, which it is doing great at as of currently.

NEET said:
Yeah, this show is so FUCKING MANLY, I love it! If someone dropped this they don't know the true meaning of word GAR.

AGREED. i was wondering what was making me love it so much when you said that. i've been taking a break from shounen, looking at girly slice of lives and junk, but now i'm back to my roots and loving it.
------
oh man, that was awesome! the OST just keeps getting better (can't say the same for the OP and ED though) and the animation is so amazing i thought this was from like 2014. it's so amazing it made me forgive the massive slut vibes coming from the blondie. please no romance but especially no yuri, i just want action for once, please. i knew long ago that IG was legendary but i never considered them so personally (am a mad M/H fanboy). but now i completely understand. even for not the animation the art is clean and so clear, from that alone i would have never guessed this came from the early 2000's.

can't wait for more, so glad i picked this up.
Apr 19, 1:09 AM

May 2020
Damn, episode 2 and it is lit. Nobunaga Oda with his aura is really disaster.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 17, 2009

88 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 5:36 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 11, 2009

57 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 10 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 3, 2009

43 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2009

48 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 8 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 21, 2009

45 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 3:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.