Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 27, 2014 3:09 PM

Jun 2008
Perfect! Has everything i love about the series.
It's just like watching a normal episode, but it's also strong enough to stand on it's own.
Exactly how a good ova should be.
Apr 30, 2014 8:48 PM
Dec 2012
Have you ever looked for something not knowing what it looks like
yet it was something important
man i love this show
May 7, 2014 9:12 PM

Jun 2011
I miss this anime so much this episode was so warm even though it was about the snow
Jun 19, 2014 11:37 AM

May 2010
As expected of the series, i loved this ova! it was so warm indeed^^

Next, season 5 please :D
Jul 7, 2014 9:42 PM

Mar 2012
Forgot that the ova came out D: That was quite a wonderful ova, really miss this anime and hope it returns soon.
Aug 10, 2014 12:42 PM

Nov 2008
They should have made this a one hour long OVA. The atmosphere was great, its 90 plus degrees where i am right now but this made me forget about the heat. It was a bittersweet ending but i liked how it ended.

I hope there's another season of Natsume soon.
Aug 29, 2014 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
Lovely episode! Natsume always gives warm and fuzzy feelings.

Season 5 Please!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2015 4:13 AM

Dec 2012
What a great way to wrap up the year 2014. I was trying to hold out on watching this because I knew I would end up missing Natsume Yuujinchou the moment I finished it. It's a real shame that this is the end of the road, but it was definitely a strong reminder as to why I loved the journey leading to this point. This really felt like another usual entry in the series, invoking strong emotions through heartwarming simplicity. I was already captivated by this chapter, but the moment the snow globe was shown it clicked together even more.

I'm always a sucker for snowy settings as it almost always contributes to a more magical and nostalgic atmosphere for me. And once again, this really felt like another standard episode. A strange but earnest youkai, Touko's warmth, Natsume's compassion, and the hilarious antics of Nyanko-sensei.

All I can do is hope that a season 5 will show itself one day and when it does, another beautiful flower will bloom. 9/10
Feb 16, 2015 9:32 PM

Aug 2011
It was an inexplicably beautiful episode. As expected of Natsume Yuujinchou! The atmosphere was gorgeously ethereal, the animation very detailed and realistic (never thought I'd see Natsume hopping over cardboard boxes again lol). Natsume himself is as pretty as ever. Actually I couldn't help but take a few screenshots of his face, like he was especially cute in this OVA. Teehee.

Ratohnhaketon said:
What a great way to wrap up the year 2014. I was trying to hold out on watching this because I knew I would end up missing Natsume Yuujinchou the moment I finished it. It's a real shame that this is the end of the road, but it was definitely a strong reminder as to why I loved the journey leading to this point. This really felt like another usual entry in the series, invoking strong emotions through heartwarming simplicity. I was already captivated by this chapter, but the moment the snow globe was shown it clicked together even more.

I'm always a sucker for snowy settings as it almost always contributes to a more magical and nostalgic atmosphere for me. And once again, this really felt like another standard episode. A strange but earnest youkai, Touko's warmth, Natsume's compassion, and the hilarious antics of Nyanko-sensei.

All I can do is hope that a season 5 will show itself one day and when it does, another beautiful flower will bloom. 9/10
Ahh, snowy days and the warmth of Natsume Yuujinchou is an amazing combination. 'Heartfelt simplicity'; I couldn't have said it better. Natsume's family=life goals.

parfaited said:
Magical.
My eyes were brimming with tears which is probably cheesy to you but I still don't understand how such a simple thing can have this effect on me.
The tune in the end was lovely, I played it all the way through the credits.

Simple, raw emotions of warmth are the best. I feel you ;_;

Ahh~ it's over. ON TO THE MANGA!!
gyuuniuFeb 16, 2015 9:41 PM
Feb 20, 2015 5:50 AM

Mar 2010
warm... :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2015 8:09 PM
Jun 2011
This is one of the few series I have rated with a 10. I wish this show could go on forever and ever! I never tire of the warmth, love, beauty, and artwork we get to see every episode. This anime feels good for the soul <3
Sep 24, 2015 8:16 PM
Jun 2011
Yui-pyon said:
It was an inexplicably beautiful episode. As expected of Natsume Yuujinchou! The atmosphere was gorgeously ethereal, the animation very detailed and realistic (never thought I'd see Natsume hopping over cardboard boxes again lol). Natsume himself is as pretty as ever. Actually I couldn't help but take a few screenshots of his face, like he was especially cute in this OVA. Teehee.

Ratohnhaketon said:

Ahh, snowy days and the warmth of Natsume Yuujinchou is an amazing combination. 'Heartfelt simplicity'; I couldn't have said it better. Natsume's family=life goals.

parfaited said:
Magical.
My eyes were brimming with tears which is probably cheesy to you but I still don't understand how such a simple thing can have this effect on me.
The tune in the end was lovely, I played it all the way through the credits.

Simple, raw emotions of warmth are the best. I feel you ;_;

Ahh~ it's over. ON TO THE MANGA!!

Couldn't agree more! This was a touching and magical anime <3
Nov 16, 2015 5:57 AM

Nov 2013
That freeze natsume scene aside this OVA was very well made and very relaxing. Definitely one of the best episode and the youkai was awesome too.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jan 6, 2016 1:48 PM

Aug 2014
whether appropriate episode because i am feeling cold atm as well :D

seriously though, the episode was bittersweet and lovely as usual.

edit: i loved nyanko-sensei and natsume's reactions to the cold
Apr 15, 2016 2:53 PM
Jul 2015
it was over too soon ;w;

lovely episode, really cute
Apr 19, 2016 7:57 AM

Oct 2012
It's snowing but it's warm :)
I'll miss this series a lot
"Signature removed"
Jul 14, 2016 7:34 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A Typical adventure of the series, in this ocassion with a Snowboy youkai a mistery final.6/10.
Oct 22, 2016 6:33 PM

Mar 2012
The snow-woman youkai reminded me of the Groke from Moomintroll. Both of them seek something warm but freeze anything they touch so they can't dwell among people(or other creatures for that matter).
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
May 2, 2017 2:56 AM

Jun 2016
The idea of always looking for something while having forgotten about it should ring a bell for those who have watched Kimi no na wa. :)

May 25, 2017 6:06 PM

Mar 2012
I liked this snow yokai :( Sucks that she disappears once she remembers what she was looking for.
Jun 18, 2017 9:53 PM

May 2013
Awweeeee~ Mokomoko was cute as a snow puff and pretty as a snow flower ^.^
Jul 14, 2017 7:30 PM

Feb 2010
Is cold in my city too but this episode could warm me, like Natsume Yuujinchou always can ♥ also this episode have a feeling that made me cry
Apr 5, 2018 5:55 PM

Feb 2013
I wasn't expecting that youkai to turn into such a beautiful lady, it's a pity she disappeared right when she remembered everything.
Sep 28, 2018 4:48 PM

Oct 2015
That transformation was beautiful and I'm glad Takashi was willing to help her.

Also I loved the Shigeru/Touko moment and giving Natsume Shigeru's childhood treasure. That is a great family though.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 20, 2019 12:34 AM

May 2018
THAT transformation. Holy smoke!!

It's pretty realistic that someone can know what his/her life is all about only when the end is drawing near. Sad if you think about that. 8.5/10
The Conviction Arc is even better than the Golden Age Arc.
Jun 4, 2021 4:06 AM
Jul 2018
I fell asleep to this towards the middle but then woke up at the end. Still giving this 8 stars because it was just really relaxing and calm like a normal natsume episode.
Jun 12, 2021 12:43 AM

Jan 2021
Noooo ╥﹏╥ such a shame that she disappeared
Also Mokomoko was really cute!!
Jul 29, 2021 7:59 AM
Mar 2013
Ahhh the vibe is so soothing^ω^ but I wonder why there's the yukihana and it's purpose, i guess everyone also like that, a wonder, good story as always
Nov 20, 2021 2:52 AM

Oct 2019
A great and quite emotional OVA, far better than the poor promotional 'special'.
Mar 3, 2022 12:19 AM

Feb 2020
Very good episode. Nyanko-sensei was hilarious as always. x3

SerafosMay 16, 2022 10:58 AM
Nov 28, 2023 2:24 AM

Mar 2012
Rewatching this special and it just breaks my heart when Yukihana pushes Natsume away so he won't get frozen, and Natsume doesn't get it. He's just like, "What was that for? I'm just trying to help."
Takashi, baby boy, half of the show is about how you keep pushing your friends away because you're terrified that they'll get hurt.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Preview [screenshots]

LittleStar - Sep 28, 2013

9 by Javera »»
Dec 22, 2013 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.