Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Fate/stay night' TV Anime Announced For Fall 2014

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2014 10:22 AM

Aug 2010
TonyC1994 said:
I hope Saber is the main heroine again.

Hmm since it's not going to be any of the three routes I wonder who the main heroine is going to be.
Jan 28, 2014 10:23 AM
Aug 2010
tsubasalover said:
Naruto-niichan said:
There's a bit more detailed summary released already:

http://seventhstyle.com/2014/01/28/fatestay-night-anime-remake-details-leaked/

That's a better translation from Yaraon, which is the exact source that I try to translate.

Figured as much. Looking forward to an even better and more detailed translation, thanks for the work :)
Jan 28, 2014 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
shirou is a pussy
Hate Keeps me warm
Jan 28, 2014 10:25 AM

Mar 2008
Thanks for the update MAL...now I just need to stop myself from watching this subbed/raw, lol.

(I was able to patiently wait for both UBW movie's and F/Z TV's dubs)

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Jan 28, 2014 10:30 AM

Oct 2007
To EVERYONE:

Go.
Read.
The.
Visual Novel.

Honestly.

I just hope the new material means "Ilya route" cause otherwise it will simply suck. Who am I kidding, it's gonna be Saber (gotta sell even more figures of one character) trainwreck with bits of other routes and fillers.

ssjokg said:
Implying that Fate/'s selling point is the fights.
And there is Kirei vs Kiritsugu, Berserker vs Gil,Kiritusgu vs Kayneth.....
You mean the atrocious QUALITY in Batman world with shitty soundtrack? That was one of worse fights in F/Z. Ugly and wasted potential.
Well, not exactly shitty music, but compared to any random Emiya remix this fight was basically screaming for, the track used indeed sucked.
Jan 28, 2014 10:32 AM

Jul 2009
It's clearly muddled as to what ufotable is trying to say here... nonetheless I trust them immensely!
Jan 28, 2014 10:37 AM
Apr 2013
An Illya route perhaps?
Jan 28, 2014 10:39 AM

Aug 2008
HaXXspetten said:
marian11 said:
Are you guys serious? Zero's fights sucked?
Go watch DBZ then for mindless fighting every single episode.

Looking forward to this a lot.
Zero's fights were good but still nowhere near as epic as the ones in the original F/SN visual novel

They weren't really epic in terms of fights. I mean the strategy and thought processes were cool, but other than that a book can't hold a candle to actual animation in portraying the movements of a fight.

FSN was more epic because of the emotions and feelings the characters had during the fights, rather than the fights themselves.
Jan 28, 2014 10:40 AM
Feb 2012
TonyC1994 said:
I hope Saber is the main heroine again.

Silly Tony, everybody knows Taiga will steal the spotlight of this show! There shall never be enough Taiga around here! :p
Jan 28, 2014 10:45 AM

Oct 2007
hyperknees91 said:
They weren't really epic in terms of fights. I mean the strategy and thought processes were cool, but other than that a book can't hold a candle to actual animation in portraying the movements of a fight.
Aniamtion isn't everything. Fights in VN can last more than whole episode but it doesn't stop them from being as exciting, if not more, as best scenes in F/Z anime.
Jan 28, 2014 10:48 AM

Sep 2012
Aaaaand after all the fights in threads over what route they should adopt creators showed the fans real light.I hope(I can dream, right) it will be enjoyable and I end up giving it more than 5.

Edit: and I can see some VN fans already calling it trainwreck, seriously :-/
Jan 28, 2014 10:54 AM

Mar 2009
I just hope it's not another Ilya spin off magical girl series.
Jan 28, 2014 10:54 AM

Sep 2011
"It will be a new story outside of the original work, but is very important and near Fate/Zero in terms of feeling."

A bit of my excitement dropped away.
Jan 28, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2012
Im kind of scared now.
But still hyped.
Jan 28, 2014 10:56 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
hyperknees91 said:
HaXXspetten said:
marian11 said:
Are you guys serious? Zero's fights sucked?
Go watch DBZ then for mindless fighting every single episode.

Looking forward to this a lot.
Zero's fights were good but still nowhere near as epic as the ones in the original F/SN visual novel

FSN was more epic because of the emotions and feelings the characters had during the fights, rather than the fights themselves.
Well obviously the animation quality helped a ton in Zero but that's also the only thing it had going for it in comparison. The characters, the music, the writing, the emotions behind it etc, I.E. everything else was way better in the visual novel.

Hence why I would like to see all of that combined with Zero's production value for the new series but we'll see. When I watched Zero I could only feel that it looked really pretty but everyone was just so much... well weaker than the VN showcased.
Jan 28, 2014 10:58 AM

Jul 2007
As I said in the thread in the entry - Prepare for trainwreck of shittiest proportions.

Why does anime industry get filled up by megalomaniac auteur directors who believe they can "improve the original work"

It seems Ufotable did not learn ANYTHING from DEEN's mistakes and if they do this, I don't want those fuckers ANYWHERE NEAR TSUKIHIME ADAPTATION EVER.

I REFUSE to believe this till actual magazine comes out. This is suicide to ufotable's credibility.

RyanSaotome said:
It will be a new story outside of the original work

So its filler then. God Damnit.

Yep. Some idiotic abomination thought htis was A GREAT IDEA

" PREVIOUS ADAPTATION WAS SHIT BECAUSE OF ANIME ORIGINAL BULLSHIT? LET'S MAKE A REMAEKE OF ONLY ANIME ORIGINAL BULLSHIT!~"

Vladz0r said:
It will be a new story outside of the original work, but is very important and near Fate/Zero in terms of feeling and atmosphere.

DROPPED.

I won't drop it but I will sure as hell make fun of the bullshit trainwreck that is bound to happen.
AhenshihaelJan 28, 2014 11:05 AM
Jan 28, 2014 10:59 AM
Jan 2014
more gilgamesh hell yeah :) i watched that series for that guy and his seiyuu i don't care Shirou i am annoying him i can be a fangirl forever for gil XD
Jan 28, 2014 11:01 AM

Aug 2010
Fate/Zero is vastly superior to the original Fate Stay/Night in every way. The problem lies not just with the bad Deen adaptation, but a very overrated and dated visual novel. It's still a "good" visual novel, but it doesn't live up to the legendary precedent that Zero has begun.

Rage on friends, I'm loving this news.
Jan 28, 2014 11:02 AM

Sep 2013
YES been waiting for this, cant wait!
Jan 28, 2014 11:02 AM

Jul 2007
BeyondDestiny said:
chaosprophet said:
New story, written by Nasu, near Fate/Zero in feeling, Shirou in a central role. Could this be the "Illya" route that leades to Shirou becoming Archer?

Not to attack you or anything, but I believe that the premise of the show will show Shirou in a different light - Taking a different path than his father as a Superhero. UBW Shirou is what I believe we'll see.

Yeah as mentioned earlier, I don't know what fights and scenes they'll work out, but I'm hoping it'll be good.

THEN WHY THE FUCK JUST NOT ADAPT THE FUCKING UBW THEN?

UBW SHIROU is NOTHING without his route.

ovoon7 said:
Fate/Zero is vastly superior to the original Fate Stay/Night in every way. The problem lies not just with the bad Deen adaptation, but a very overrated and dated visual novel. It's still a "good" visual novel, but it doesn't live up to the legendary precedent that Zero has begun.

Get out.

EDIT: also news desc is ridiculous bullshit "MORE CENTRAL ROLE" HOW? He already is central enough that depending on his actions WHOLE THREE DIFFERENT FUCKING WORLDS HAPPEN WITH ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FATES(har har) of different characters.
Jan 28, 2014 11:03 AM

Jun 2012
I hope Sabers new outfit is sexier. Their attire did desperately need to be changed. Hopefully they get rid of Kotomines mullet as well.
Jan 28, 2014 11:11 AM
Aug 2012
ovoon7 said:

It's not April yet so leave your lame jokes till then. You don't have any idea about FSN. FZ was written after FSN so you and your "legendary precedent" can take a hike. I liked FZ but FSN is way more EPIC.

Shuhan said:
I hope Sabers new outfit is sexier. Their attire did desperately need to be changed. Hopefully they get rid of Kotomines mullet as well.

I am getting a bad feeling about this. God forbid they don't try to use Saber as fan service material for you guys..........absolutely not. While Rin is my favorite among the heroines, Saber is perfect the way she is.

Jan 28, 2014 11:13 AM

Nov 2008
more magic and more fighting count me in
Jan 28, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2007
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I am getting a bad feeling about this. God forbid they don't try to use Saber as fan service material for you guys..........absolutely not. While Rin is my favorite among the heroines, Saber is perfect the way she is.

They already said its leather jacket on blue/white shirt and blue skirt.

fucking ufotable.
Jan 28, 2014 11:17 AM

Jun 2012
Fai said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

They already said its leather jacket on blue/white shirt and blue skirt.

fucking ufotable.

My penis will be pleased.
Sex sells guise.
Jan 28, 2014 11:21 AM
Apr 2013
Fai said:

Why does anime industry get filled up by megalomaniac auteur directors who believe they can "improve the original work"
Except Kinoko Nasu is writing the whole thing (If the leak is to be believed of course). So why are you blaming the director again?
Jan 28, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2007
MCAL said:
Fai said:

Except Kinoko Nasu is writing the whole thing (If the leak is to be believed of course). So why are you blaming the director again?

Because its his idea and he got nasu to write this.

I don't care that Nasu writes this(He does not, HE FUCKING SUPERVISES). God himself can write this. THIS IS NOT FSN. NAME IT SOMETHING ELSE.
Jan 28, 2014 11:27 AM
May 2012
Alright, I should probably watch the other Fate series first before I watch this.
Jan 28, 2014 11:28 AM

Jul 2007
Tengai said:
Alright, I should probably watch the other Fate series first before I watch this.

Both the deen ones and the upcoming ufotable one are shit. GO for visual novel instead.
Jan 28, 2014 11:29 AM

Oct 2007
It would be best if you played the VN first as that's the first Fate thing that came out. Chronological order OF RELEASE is always the best one.
Jan 28, 2014 11:32 AM

Jun 2012
Dont skip the DEEN adaptations.
Jan 28, 2014 11:33 AM
May 2012
Fai said:
Tengai said:

Both the deen ones and the upcoming ufotable one are shit. GO for visual novel instead.

But that is what makes it fun :3 Visual Novel is not my thing, thanks for the advice though. I've known this Anime for a long time now.
Jan 28, 2014 11:35 AM

Oct 2007
Tengai said:
But that is what makes it fun :3 Visual Novel is not my thing, thanks for the advice though. I've known this Anime for a long time now.
You're missing out then. F/SN anime can be "fun" to laugh at but the VN is outright amazing.
Jan 28, 2014 11:35 AM

May 2009
Guess I'll lower my expectations a bit just in case. However, I'm still hyped and await this in anticipation.

In the mean time I'll have fun reading the posts by Fai.
Jan 28, 2014 11:36 AM

Feb 2012
i love, how ridiculously rabid some Visual Novel Fanboys tend to be. Nothing will ever please them and they always expect AT LEAST everything from the VN with no changes at all. Newsflash: that would be a very crappy anime.

There's no problem with it being a new story, as long as it still keeps the FSN feeling and atmosphere. It could easily be superior to anything one could make out of a direct adaption( the failure of the first FSN anime wasn't just because of DEEN. TM Visual Novels are very bound to their medium. You just can't adapt that easily in any other medium, e.g. anime. Everyone would've failed).
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Jan 28, 2014 11:37 AM
May 2013
fai stop acting childish its pathetic

Jul 2007
Anyway, still don't trust the news. The yaraon blog does not really implicate a new "route", just that this will have "new scenes not in original" - for all we know that means ANYTHING from expanding the VN routes to add references to F/zero to an FSN version starring naked kid-Gil going fishing with Caren.

Nov 2012
What a disappointment, I guess I do have to finish the VN after all.
Jan 28, 2014 11:38 AM

Jul 2007
Nucksen said:
i love, how ridiculously rabid some Visual Novel Fanboys tend to be. Nothing will ever please them and they always expect AT LEAST everything from the VN with no changes at all. Newsflash: that would be a very crappy anime.

Because Fate/Zero and Kara no Kyoukai were crappy?~
Jan 28, 2014 11:39 AM
May 2012
Progeusz said:
Tengai said:
You're missing out then. F/SN anime can be "fun" to laugh at but the VN is outright amazing.

I might try the Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel someday, thanks.

They should have just adapted it properly from the very beginning =_=
Jan 28, 2014 11:39 AM

Jun 2009
Fai said:
Tengai said:

I envy your ability to tell whether something is bad before a single episode is released. I admit to initially being a bit disappointed at this news, but damn man at least give it a shot. All we know is vague info, and even if it does have some differences, it could still be a quality series.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 28, 2014 11:41 AM
May 2012
insan3Spectre said:
Fai said:
Tengai said:

I envy your ability to tell whether something is bad before a single episode is released. I admit to initially being a bit disappointed at this news, but damn man at least give it a shot. All we know is vague info, and even if it does have some differences, it could still be a quality series.

Agreed.
Jan 28, 2014 11:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Fai said:
Nucksen said:

those aren't VN adaptations though
Jan 28, 2014 11:42 AM
May 2013
insan3Spectre said:
Fai said:
Tengai said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this right here. i wont deny i was disappointed at first but for fucks sake. its still ufotable, type moon, and stay night. just think of it as a 4th route. ufotable hasnt disappointed yet/
Jan 28, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2007
insan3Spectre said:
Fai said:
Tengai said:

Its an anime original bullshit. it WILL Suck.

HaXXspetten said:
Fai said:
Nucksen said:

And there's barely any difference in this case because FSN doe snot exaclty have true "routes".

chipathy said:
insan3Spectre said:
Fai said:
Tengai said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this right here. i wont deny i was disappointed at first but for fucks sake. its still ufotable, type moon, and stay night. just think of it as a 4th route. ufotable hasnt disappointed yet/

Ufotable so far rides off PROPERLY adapting Type Moon works (KNK) or "decently" adapting type moon works (F/0).

The common factor? Sticking to the damn source material.

This will have nice animation, color gradients and fights, but will be atrainwreck if the news are accurate.
Jan 28, 2014 11:44 AM

Feb 2012
Fai said:
Nucksen said:

Don't think so. They were far from perfect, but they were good approaches to their source material with very nice production values.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.

Sep 2007
Excellent. Autumn 2014 has its star series!

Oct 2007
Nucksen said:
fanboyS? Are you talking about me as well? Well then, let me tell you that "Nothing will ever please them and they always expect AT LEAST everything from the VN with no changes at all." this part is complete bullshit. Just because info about new stuff sounds bad (for a fucking good reason - see DEEN's adaptation) doesn't mean it's impossible to adapt the game.
Stop trying to discredit us by spouting groundless lies.
Jan 28, 2014 11:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well you can always hope they're making the forgotten Ilya route

I'd be more than pleased with that at least, if I want any of the others I might as well just reread the VN
Jan 28, 2014 11:45 AM
May 2013
Fai said:
insan3Spectre said:
Fai said:
Tengai said:

Its an anime original bullshit. it WILL Suck.

HaXXspetten said:
Fai said:
Nucksen said:

And there's barely any difference in this case because FSN doe snot exaclty have true "routes".

chipathy said:
insan3Spectre said:
Fai said:
Tengai said:

Ufotable so far rides off PROPERLY adapting Type Moon works (KNK) or "decently" adapting type moon works (F/0).

The common factor? Sticking to the damn source material.

This will have nice animation, color gradients and fights, but will be atrainwreck if the news are accurate.

ufotable has other original works outside of type moon that are good
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - Yesterday

18 by Kirigakuya »»
1 hour ago

» 'Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made' Announces Additional Cast, Ending Theme

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
4 hours ago

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by justanormi »»
9 hours ago

» 'Zatsu Tabi: That's Journey' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo for 2025

Hyperion_PS - May 15

2 by smoothw »»
10 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

22 by Lambofgenesis »»
Yesterday, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.