Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2014 5:34 PM

Feb 2009
joshlul said:
Slow motion and narration is the only logical step for this arch, so many things happen that are important it's nice for them to be emphasized so you can understand exactly what's going on, and furthermore it emphasizes the importance of the battle and the immense power they are up against where moments of virtually undetectable hesitation can mean utter loss.

I agree with you 100%
Jan 17, 2014 10:44 PM

Dec 2012
Wasn't it said by Togashi, that the Chimera ant arc is a homage to the Cell saga in DB?
Jan 17, 2014 11:44 PM
Aug 2013
joshlul said:
Slow motion and narration is the only logical step for this arch, so many things happen that are important it's nice for them to be emphasized so you can understand exactly what's going on, and furthermore it emphasizes the importance of the battle and the immense power they are up against where moments of virtually undetectable hesitation can mean utter loss.

Not to mention it's artistically beautiful :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2014 11:50 PM

Feb 2010
joshlul said:

Oh, yes, that's great! They should keep doing that and use all those "precious moments" even while they are in combat. Why not!

To be completely honest, I have no clue what's going on so all those pauses are extremely helpful! Not only brief pauses, but occasional ones, but they are perfectly directed towards idiots like me. I mean, they might have spent a bunch of episodes in the past revealing the characters mentally preparing themselves and training up to this point, but I don't mind if they just keep on doing it. In fact, please, by all means, continue!

Why, that's a wonderful idea I can't wait to see all the character's anxiety and hesitation leak out for the next few episodes. I'm so excited!
EarlCielJan 18, 2014 12:02 AM
Jan 18, 2014 1:47 AM
Aug 2013
"So the narrator is a very nice transition; therefore, the pacing is a lot smoother"

I said that! Woohoo! xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2014 1:55 AM

Jan 2014
I still don't understand why Neferpitou cried, though. Could it be because he/she/it was needed for the first time of his/her/its life, or was he/she/it bewildered (and possibly disappointed) because the king risked both of their lives to save the girl?
I MURDERED OUR ENTIRE CLAN UMAD SAUCEGAYYYYYYYYY UMAD?¿
http://foolishbrother.chatango.com/
Jan 18, 2014 1:59 AM
Aug 2013
It's because the king said "I'm counting on you"
He never said/implied or did anything like that before, he basically just hit them with his tail :P now he's basically /asking/ her/him to do something
Jan 18, 2014 1:59 AM

Jan 2014
CeeTwo said:
It's because the king said "I'm counting on you"
He never said/implied or did anything like that before, he basically just hit them with his tail :P now he's basically /asking/ her/him to do something

So my first thought was quite close. Not bad.
I MURDERED OUR ENTIRE CLAN UMAD SAUCEGAYYYYYYYYY UMAD?¿
http://foolishbrother.chatango.com/
Jan 18, 2014 2:07 AM

Jun 2009
Goodchild said:
I still don't understand why Neferpitou cried, though. Could it be because he/she/it was needed for the first time of his/her/its life, or was he/she/it bewildered (and possibly disappointed) because the king risked both of their lives to save the girl?

Thinking about it, it could have been a result of the King's overwhelming emotions that she was feeling. I think it is that or what you said at first, about him needing her as a guard. I do not think that it it is the latter, though. If it was Pouf who found the King and Komugi, then yeah. But, Pitou hasn't appeared to be bothered by it really.

But, hell, Pitou probably doesn't even know why she cried.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 18, 2014 6:41 AM
Jul 2018
Slow-motion redefined.
Even still,it was amazing.
Jan 18, 2014 7:24 AM

Jan 2013
I have no words ...

HXH is truly the best shonen anime . Komugi died ;_; , the King ... I don't know what's he up to ... Youpi's part was awesome , Knuckle saved Gon and Killua with the punch .

I just love how Togashi makes the time parallel , I mean , every second someone does something . The narrator is just great .
Jan 18, 2014 7:49 AM
Aug 2013
She's not, how you say, dead
Jan 18, 2014 8:09 AM

Nov 2013
CeeTwo said:
She's not, how you say, dead

“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 18, 2014 8:13 AM
Aug 2013
No wonder. Neterpitou said he'd heal her...
Jan 18, 2014 8:39 AM

Jun 2009
Not reading that spoiler, but I have to wonder how someone could think Komugi is dead already. The King very clearly ordered Pitou to heal her. Now, she may die from her wounds in the future, I don't know. But, she isn't dead yet.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 18, 2014 8:40 AM
Oct 2011
Again, about Komugi's death, check 20:17. Komugi moved her hand after Meruem put her on the ground.
Jan 18, 2014 8:45 AM
Aug 2013
Dead people also "move" if you let them go... not saying she's dead but it's not like that :)
Jan 18, 2014 9:01 AM

Nov 2013
CeeTwo said:

CeeTwo said:

Btw, "he"? Pitou is a girl.

Mod Edit: double post merged.
ThangLongJan 20, 2014 1:18 PM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 18, 2014 9:19 AM
Aug 2013
Yeah I don't really care what he is tbh
Jan 18, 2014 9:28 AM

Nov 2013
CeeTwo said:
Yeah I don't really care what she is tbh

"she"
― Saint Augustine
Jan 18, 2014 9:40 AM
Aug 2013
good for him :)
Jan 18, 2014 9:45 AM

Dec 2010
pkKodama said:
CeeTwo said:

Pitou is male in the manga.

As for why Pitou cried, I thought it was because s/he and all the other guards are so concerned for the king's safety and they came running back to save him, but s/he felt the king's overwhelming pain and his desire to save Komugi over his own protection. It could be a mix of crying because the king's in pain and because s/he wants to protect the king but can't.
Jan 18, 2014 9:52 AM

Nov 2013
CeeTwo said:
good for her :)

Pknoctis said:
pkKodama said:
CeeTwo said:
No wonder. Neterpitou said she'd heal her...

Pitou is female in the manga.

Pitou is a female in the manga, though they never stated "he" or "she" since they only refer each other by their names. What may cause the confusion is the japanese>english translation.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 18, 2014 9:55 AM

Dec 2010
pkKodama said:
CeeTwo said:
good for her :)

Pknoctis said:
pkKodama said:
CeeTwo said:
No wonder. Neterpitou said she'd heal her...

Pitou is male in the manga.

Pitou is a female in the manga, though they never stated "he" or "she" since they only refer each other by their names. What may cause the confusion is the japanese>english translation.
'In the official databook "Hunter × Hunter Character and Word Data Book." In it, Neferpitou is referred to using the pronoun "彼” (kare) which is usually translated to “he.”'

'When speaking, Neferpitou uses the pronoun “boku,” (translated to “I” in English) which is used by boys and young men.'

'In the manga Neferpitou's chest is totally flat. In contrast, the 2011 anime may depict Neferpitou by giving him a prominent bust.'
Jan 18, 2014 10:24 AM

Nov 2013
Pknoctis said:
'In the official databook "Hunter × Hunter Character and Word Data Book." In it, Neferpitou is referred to using the pronoun "彼” (kare) which is usually translated to “he.”'

'When speaking, Neferpitou uses the pronoun “boku,” (translated to “I” in English) which is used by boys and young men.'

'In the manga Neferpitou's chest is totally flat. In contrast, the 2011 anime may depict Neferpitou by giving him a prominent bust.'

"kare" is not usually translated to "he", "kare" means "he". But they never referred to Pitou like that and I couldn't care less about stupid "Character and Word Data Book", that has so many errors it's stupid using that as an argument.. "Boku" is mostly used by boys, but girls actually use it as well and it's not wrong.
Pitou's chest is not totally flat

Mod Edit: quote tower put into spoiler tag.
ThangLongJan 20, 2014 1:20 PM
― Saint Augustine
Jan 18, 2014 10:33 AM
Aug 2013
If someone dies among the ants, can't they just eat him and reproduce him?
Jan 18, 2014 10:43 AM

Nov 2013
CeeTwo said:
If someone dies among the ants, can't they just eat him and reproduce him?

Only the queen can do that.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 18, 2014 10:51 AM
Aug 2013
Zazan became a queen, and can't the king make a next-gen queen?
Jan 18, 2014 11:15 AM

Nov 2013
CeeTwo said:
Zazan became a queen, and can't the king make a next-gen queen?

Zazan can't reproduce like the queen ant, she just transform people in monsters and turn then into slaves. But yes the king can make a next-gen queen, that's why they were worried about Palm...
― Saint Augustine
Jan 18, 2014 12:55 PM

May 2013
every episode of hunter x hunter is so perfect. this anime is clrealy above all animes
Jan 18, 2014 4:43 PM

Nov 2009
Epic episode but I think they should have minimized the narration, though.
Jan 18, 2014 11:25 PM
May 2013
MAJOR Spoilers Inquisition
Jan 19, 2014 1:06 AM

Sep 2012
^Just keep watching bro. I got spoiled about the climax of the arc and it still impacted me the same way
Jan 19, 2014 5:48 AM

Oct 2008
flamingt20 said:
Even if you think you've been spoiled, watching it all unfold will be worth it.
Jan 19, 2014 5:53 AM

Oct 2012
Just lol with the monologue... but things gonna be epic next episode... cant wait

Jan 19, 2014 6:34 AM

Nov 2013
flamingt20 said:

Maybe... stop being lazy and read the manga?
And if you've been spoiled, it's YOUR fault, for coming to a thread about a series that the manga was released years ago. Not spoiling parts is almost impossible for some people who would kill to read a new arc.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 19, 2014 12:39 PM
May 2013
Thank guys. I actually got spoiled with some of those things about 2 years ago with stupid google images and i didn't realize what they were about until this arc. I just don't want to ruin it more by reading the manga but i will definitely enjoy watching it unfold and stay clear of more spoilers.
Jan 19, 2014 10:49 PM

Nov 2013
flamingt20 said:
I just don't want to ruin it more by reading the manga

Oh no man, the manga is not a "source of spoiler", Hunter x Hunter IS a manga, that's how it's supposed to be enjoyed, reading it, the anime is just an adaptation for fans who already read it and want to see it animated, that's why almost all openings have "spoilers".
― Saint Augustine
Jan 19, 2014 11:08 PM

Jul 2007
pkKodama said:
flamingt20 said:

Maybe... stop being lazy and read the manga?
And if you've been spoiled, it's YOUR fault, for coming to a thread about a series that the manga was released years ago. Not spoiling parts is almost impossible for some people who would kill to read a new arc.

I am the same stupid way, i have read so much wiki articles, information, just everything bout naruto shippuuden and i was spoiled like shit about that series to the extent that i pretty much know EVERYTHING bout it but yet lol i haven't gotten to even watch the series the whole way through, i stopped some where like years ago. But with all the knowledge and everything that i gathered from that show, discussing in forums, reading articles, reviews, interviews, etc its like i pretty much am a huge fan and already know everything, not to mention the latest war arc i been reading in the manga, i just got hooked and never let it go. So i have no idea what is going to motivate me into actually watching naruto from start to finish since its like i already known everything.

I still kick my self to this day for doing that.

Anyways regarding Hxh, their are for sure some surprises in store in the next arc if you already been spoiled bout the conclusion of this arc. I am not sure if they are going to end it on the chimera ant arc or continue into the next arc. Would be nice though.

Jan 20, 2014 8:13 AM

Apr 2009
Some incredible events happened in the past 2 eps, it baffles me how bad they executed those events. Every time something really intense happens the narration kicks in and has to explain every facet of a characters mindset, or describe something of their past, if done on occasion that's fine, but the past two eps have overused this like crazy. Likewise with those slow mo, still frame moments, if used on occasion can actually help create contrast but when theyre overdone they just kill the intensity. This is just plain bad storytelling, and not the HxH I fell in love with during that incredibly intense yorknew arc.
Jan 20, 2014 8:17 AM
Aug 2013
it baffles me how people want more action and call this bad storytelling :P

Some people liked the character development here, and thought it was a good transition to have the narrator do it, I guess the directors went in favor of those people.

There's no golden rule to determine that "occasionally" would automatically make it better, that's like saying having inconsistent writign creates a contrast, if something doesn't have any bad moments, it wouldn't have any good moments either,

The thing is, this was 10 seconds, you can't expect them to change style in expressing that amount of time, as detailed as it may be, they need to be consistent with it and go all out, which delivered emotionally for most of us. The bit of silence and the abruptness of the staircase collapse, with the narrator's voice, incredible :O
CeeTwoJan 20, 2014 8:22 AM
Jan 20, 2014 9:01 AM

Jul 2013
WyattEarp said:
This is just plain bad storytelling

Laughed out loud. State your opinions as opinions, trash. This is not factual.
Jan 20, 2014 11:29 AM
Aug 2013
No need to make it personal vogue :)
Jan 20, 2014 1:21 PM

Dec 2012
Thread Cleaned

Cosmetic errors fixed. Spoiler fixed. Spams removed.
Jan 20, 2014 1:28 PM

Sep 2013
All this whining about narration is getting annoying, how the fuck else could they possibly explain all the stuff going on? I guess you people would have just liked to see the youpi scene happen in like 10seconds and then complain about not knowing what the fuck actually just happened.
I thought this was just pure brilliance, the whole episode. This surpasses the epicness of any SnK episode or any other anime I have ever watched. Especially because of the second half, I have no words for this.
Life left to go
Jan 20, 2014 1:35 PM
Aug 2013
It would have been cool, basically, but cool is all it would have been; generic nonetheless...

Although I did not consider it to be 100% explaining, each scene had a different taste of narration, some were purely artistic, but they added a whole new effect that enhanced the scenes beyond 'coolness'
Jan 20, 2014 8:16 PM

Apr 2009
I mean yeah of course it's just my opinion. I think the slow mo and narration could be used and be successful, but they simply overdo it, and caused me to lose any investment in the episode. Like I said I think the events that took place were really cool and there were some really powerful visuals, which is why I'm so dissapointed by the pacing. I think the narration was excessive, yeah I realize certain parts of it were necessary but the dude was explaining every little detail, when this type of storytelling is used to this extent it really feels like the writers are just dumbing it down for the audience. In my opinion if you can show it in a powerful way it's almost always better then explaining it.

btw I rated the ep 3/5, it's not like I hated it, there were aspects of the episode that I thought were great, but I also think it had potential to be a whole lot better.
Jan 20, 2014 9:17 PM

Jun 2009
WyattEarp said:
I mean yeah of course it's just my opinion. I think the slow mo and narration could be used and be successful, but they simply overdo it, and caused me to lose any investment in the episode. Like I said I think the events that took place were really cool and there were some really powerful visuals, which is why I'm so dissapointed by the pacing. I think the narration was excessive, yeah I realize certain parts of it were necessary but the dude was explaining every little detail, when this type of storytelling is used to this extent it really feels like the writers are just dumbing it down for the audience. In my opinion if you can show it in a powerful way it's almost always better then explaining it.

btw I rated the ep 3/5, it's not like I hated it, there were aspects of the episode that I thought were great, but I also think it had potential to be a whole lot better.

I simply can't agree with the dumbing down part. I'll say it again because I think it is worth repeating, but these last two episodes span a very short amount of time and I think Togashi chose the best way to handle it. I agree that it can be a good idea to just show....but I do not think this isone of those times. Narrating all of this puts a special sort of emphasis on events, and I think it works. It just gives things more weight, I guess is how I would describe it.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 20, 2014 9:49 PM

Dec 2012
WyattEarp said:

You are not alone. I especially agree with the dumbing down part.
Jan 20, 2014 11:59 PM

Jan 2014
Good as always (4.6/5), can't wait to see more tomorrow...
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
Yesterday, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 3:58 AM

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.