Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2014 2:28 AM

Jun 2011
...that was dumb as hell. I expected it to be good but it was too fanservice-y and there was no plot so I'm dropping it. The characters and art style are nice but it's not what I was expecting at all.
banner by LuchiaKinomoto on dA
Jan 12, 2014 7:05 AM
Apr 2013
Genix said:
Yes! Some yuri aimed at men.

You mean every anime with "lesbians" ever, except for a small handful?
Jan 12, 2014 7:30 AM

Dec 2013
So much better than I expected it to be. I can see myself really enjoying this show! Yuri, Yuri everywhere!

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Jan 12, 2014 7:32 AM
Sep 2009
So poor backgrounds.
Jan 12, 2014 7:53 AM

May 2013
Ozzygiitah said:
iamdarrenearl said:
They should have put ecchi on the genre
okanagan said:
As the episode was being aired in Tokyo, Hiromi Igarashi (五十嵐 裕美) who is the
voice actress for Shizuku, the girl with red-and-white ribbons on her twintails,
tweeted, "It's not ecchi!"
If the next episodes follow the manga as faithfully as they did with this first episode, I'd consider it at least borderline ecchi. Plus, with all the unnecessary boob shots and giggles (which I hope they refrain from shoving more bouncing tits every 3 minutes hencefoward.)

And maybe it's just me who doesn't, but are there people who actually consider kisses and thighs fanservice?
Jan 12, 2014 8:13 AM

Oct 2012
In anime, there is usually a dividing line between ecchi and non-ecchi. It has to do
with whether or not they show panties. I watched carefully and I didn't see any
panties. So it is not ecchi.

The girls' cup sizes are, in some cases, above the average for Japan. But there is
nothing immoral about having a large cup size.

According to the official website, Haruka is a D-cup. But Yuu-chan believes,
mistakenly, that Haruka is only a C-cup. Statistics for all countries in the world
say that the average bra size in Japan is A-cup. Look at this interactive map:
http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=5285

If your cup size is large, there will be some bouncing. We saw that with Kotone.
It is a result of the laws of Physics. You can't avoid it.

Kissing is certainly not ecchi. That is a totally normally activity for kids at that
age. Also, kissing right away is pretty realistic for teenagers.

Their skirt lengths are plausibly short by present-day standards. I like the color
and the pattern, in fact.

I didn't feel that there is excessive fanservice. So far so good.
okanaganJan 12, 2014 10:10 AM
Jan 12, 2014 8:26 AM
Dec 2013
okanagan said:
As the episode was being aired in Tokyo, Hiromi Igarashi (五十嵐 裕美) who is the voice actress for Shizuku, the girl with red-and-white ribbons on her twintails,
tweeted, "It's not ecchi!"

Misunderstanding. She just mimicked Yuu's line "I'm not ecchi (lewd)!".
Jan 12, 2014 8:29 AM

Oct 2012
Correct. She exactly mimicked Yuu-chan's line when they were on the veranda. My
translation of her line into English was a bit off. Sorry.

Her actual tweet on January 9th was:
五十嵐裕美
‏@HiRoMi_ig 9
エッチじゃないやいッ!!
#桜Trick
okanaganJan 12, 2014 8:37 AM
Jan 12, 2014 8:30 AM
Feb 2012
To be fair, most of the fanservices comes from the OP and ED instead of the actual content (by not counting kiss as fanservices)...
I've re-watch it to be sure...
So to reduce the uneasiness for those who dislike tits and hips shown seemingly at random, I think just skip the OP and ED...
I don't know about the content for future episodes (whether they'll be more daring or not), but at least for now I think skipping OP and ED is good enough...
Jan 12, 2014 11:15 AM
Jan 12, 2014 12:07 PM
Dec 2013
Kawaii!! :)
Jan 12, 2014 2:16 PM

Jan 2014
It was absolutely adorable~

I actually found my self going "Awww" out loud whenever Haruka and Yuu shared their fluffy moments.
Jan 12, 2014 3:30 PM

Dec 2011
Cuteness overload.. this wasn't what I was expecting its even better.
Jan 12, 2014 3:39 PM

Aug 2012
http://i.imgur.com/s3cELLq.png
Apparently lesbians can defy the laws of physics.

My 2nd Yuri Anime and it's quite entertaining.
Jan 12, 2014 4:38 PM

Oct 2013
I sense a powerful lesbomagnetic field
Jan 12, 2014 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
Where has this been all my life ?

Also any of the manga readers can tell me if they ever go further than kissing ?
cof cof I just want to know for research purposes only of course...
Jan 12, 2014 6:14 PM

Apr 2011
Misleading synopsis. Bullshit.
Jan 12, 2014 8:50 PM
Jan 2014
awwww so cute everything was so cute I love it ^^
Jan 12, 2014 11:42 PM

Mar 2012
MrAwesome2014 said:
http://i.imgur.com/s3cELLq.png
Apparently lesbians can defy the laws of physics.

The power of yuri is enough to overcome anything.
Jan 13, 2014 12:32 AM

Aug 2013
yuri yuri yuri, but to be honest, it was so boring (everything except kiss scenes :D). I think I will give a chance for this serie, but I don't except anything special. For now 5/10
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 13, 2014 1:44 AM

Jun 2013
Although those poor backgrounds seem to have been done on purpose, they weren't really appropriate for that kind of story. The mood was ruined a little.

rsc-pl said:
yuri yuri yuri, but to be honest, it was so boring (everything except kiss scenes :D). I think I will give a chance for this serie, but I don't except anything special. For now 5/10

Yes! My thoughts exactly
Jan 13, 2014 2:07 AM
Mar 2013
The artwork looks very nice to me and I love cute characters but somewhat felt uneasy when I saw some fan services. Anyway, I'll keep on watching.
By the way, this is just a nitpicking but if i remember it correctly, the regulation how to construct school buildings defines the balconies on the same floor are supposed to be a kind of corridors and they must be connected each other so that students can use them as a evacuation route when fire. So the building was an illegal construction. :)
htsujiJan 13, 2014 3:33 AM
Jan 13, 2014 3:51 AM

Mar 2013
Cuteness over 9000... looking forward to the next episodes :D
5/5
Jan 13, 2014 3:57 AM

Oct 2012
Htsuji said:
. . . if i remember it correctly, the regulation how to construct school
buildings defines the balconies on the same floor are supposed to
be a kind of corridor and they must be connected each other so that
students can use them as an evacuation route in case of fire . . .

Your comment is a very interesting one. I was able to find a photograph of a
middle school in Japan. You can see a long continuous balcony which runs along
the outside of the school. Each classroom has two sliding doors which open onto
the balcony. This would be a separate escape route in case of a fire or an earthquake.
I can't tell from this photo, but I assume that there is also an interior corridor.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Japanese_Middle_School.jpg

Here is another middle school with a single connected balcony along each floor:
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/3b/3b/feadc938f80c1d4438866306b9339416.jpg

Here is another nice example, in Yokohama City (横浜市立潮田中学校)
http://www.edu.city.yokohama.jp/sch/jhs/ushioda/gazou/koshya1.jpg
http://itot.jp/14101/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/73588_02-01tsurumi.jpg

However, here is a middle school without any balconies at all. It looks older.
It is the Kanagawa Prefectural Middle School (神奈川県中学校)
http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/20110604/14/suttiy/3e/36/j/o0720040511269754520.jpg
[ ^ if necessary, cut and paste this URL into a separate browser. ]
okanaganJan 14, 2014 3:20 AM
Jan 13, 2014 7:25 AM

Sep 2011
^ That might be one of the reasons why their school is scheduled to close down in three years.
Jan 13, 2014 3:07 PM

Sep 2012
It really makes sense if you think that way... Oh well, I'm really enjoying it so far :3
Jan 13, 2014 4:03 PM

Sep 2013
loved the animation but omfg were the voices annoying ,__,
i had to stop and do something else like 3 times just to finish the ep

wanna drop it now but i'll give it some more chances =_=
Jan 13, 2014 4:29 PM

Feb 2013
Well that was disgustingly cute.......guess I'll be watching this.
Jan 13, 2014 4:34 PM

Jan 2014
Well, that escalated quickly... friday can't come quick enough!
Jan 13, 2014 4:52 PM
Feb 2013
39 said:
rsc-pl said:

Yes! My thoughts exactly

Yup.
kcuf
Jan 13, 2014 8:35 PM

Dec 2012
Just got around to watching this, and wow, it was so much better than I expected it to be. That balcony-jump-flip was perfect.

Also, while I very much enjoy fanservice, I kind of wish there was less of it here. Random jiggling gets a little old after the first few times.

Jan 13, 2014 9:20 PM

Feb 2010
Want to do something that will make you stand out for a friend? Kiss. Want to make her remember the kiss you just had? Kiss. Looking for a way to hide from the teacher? Kiss. Want them to stop crying? Kiss. Want her to keep quiet? Kiss. Need to resuscitate someone? KISS.
Jan 14, 2014 2:26 AM
Dec 2013
haters gonna hate
Jan 14, 2014 7:46 AM

Feb 2012
I think this show will give me diabetes. Hahaha
Jan 14, 2014 7:54 AM

Sep 2007
My brain says that it was absolutely horrible. My head hurt while watching it.

However... my heart disagrees and loved it, subsequently melting.

Based yuri.

5/5
Jan 14, 2014 9:18 AM

Jun 2011
So there's finally a new yuri/shoujo-ai anime dfghdfjg :') and it seems pretty cool in my opinion. I enjoyed the first ep, characters are cute,and everythings so sweet in this anime~ i dont expect too much. i guess i'll enjoy watching it :)
Jan 14, 2014 1:05 PM

Dec 2011
That was fun.

My favourite couple is Yuzu and Kaede so far I think.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 14, 2014 3:48 PM

May 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
That was fun.

My favourite couple is Yuzu and Kaede so far I think.
Bad news then, they're only friends. At least as far as the translated chapters go.
Jan 14, 2014 5:22 PM

Jul 2012
I think this is my favorite anime of the season so far :D

the main 2 girls already kissed like 3 times in the first episode it was so cute
Jan 14, 2014 7:37 PM

Apr 2011
That was so stupid and so hot at the same time.

xD
Jan 14, 2014 10:02 PM

Oct 2011
So cute !!!!
Jan 14, 2014 10:35 PM

Apr 2012
Studio... Deen? My penis is confused.
Jan 15, 2014 1:12 AM

Oct 2012
I feel that this series is outstanding in every way. But I respect the opinions of
people who can spot one or two things that they dislike. Also, I don't mind being
told that the sophistication of my tastes leaves a bit to be desired. They are
starting with a very good manga. The manga's story is good. It is breaking new
ground. It is not merely derivative or a cheap knockoff. In the anime adaptation,
the character designs and the artwork are all very well thought out. I like the
backgrounds. When I look closely at the girls, it seems that they are animated
very carefully. Yes, the bra sizes are a bit over-the-top. I would feel happier to
see them all in A-cups, plus or minus, which is realistic for Japan. Also, the skirts
could be made 2 or 3 cm longer.

Given the expertise of the people here, I know well enough not to say that
Maria-sama ga Miteru ( マリア様がみてる / anime 2004 ) is the best Yuri anime
series. However, so far it is the one for which I have the most affection.

For those of you who are new to the Yuri genre, please be aware that there are
some stories where you don't see two chicks making out in the first five minutes.
You can watch all four seasons of "MariMite" and nobody kisses even once.

They made a wonderful live-action adaptation in 2010. To my knowledge, it
has not been subtitled. Here is one official preview. The accompanying song
("Creep" sung by Vega Choir) is not in the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRtHOh9vMwM
okanaganJan 15, 2014 1:17 AM
Jan 15, 2014 3:19 PM
Feb 2012
So far (aside from hater) what I've seen from people who dislike the series mostly stem from dislike of the humor, art, and pacing which is understandable actually because different people has different taste of humor and art while the pacing issue could be fault of memory (as in memory of other similar series they've watched before), expectation (based on what they've watched and liked), or differing opinion how the pacing should've done...
There are argument about expectation (as in what they wish this series about) but that doesn't turn the series bad...

Heated argument I believe comes from people who dislike the show before the show even aired (whether because of the genre or the mere idea of this series) and those who defends this series thus whether this series defended or explained or not, they would still flak this series so I don't think it something really need to be worried (or use as measurement whether this series is good or not)...

Though it must be said that heavy fanservice (as in male gaze scene) is legit criticism but as I've said before, to be fair the fanservice (at least in this episode) comes from the OP and ED which can be skipped without spoiling the main course of the series...
Jan 16, 2014 4:34 AM

Jan 2013
I asked myself while watching: "Is it from Manga Time Kirara?" ...And the answer was yes. GJ me.

Manga Time Kirara Original, the Seal of Boredom.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jan 16, 2014 5:10 AM

Aug 2013
okanagan said:

Given the expertise of the people here, I know well enough not to say that
Maria-sama ga Miteru ( マリア様がみてる / anime 2004 ) is the best Yuri anime
series. However, so far it is the one for which I have the most affection.

You are not alone, my friend. You are not alone.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 16, 2014 6:46 AM

Oct 2009
YES YES YES! This is the Yuri anime I've been waiting for!! Dem kisses!! So pure and cute! HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!!
Love Lab but Yuri ♥♥♥!!
Jan 16, 2014 11:29 AM

Dec 2007
that was kawaii as shit 5/5
Jan 16, 2014 4:05 PM

Feb 2012
Mizusi said:
Lucilfel said:
Why score going down, this anime is perfect.
Not everyone likes Yuri, I'm fine with that. MAL rating don't mean shit either most of times.

I consider myself a moderately experienced yuri/shoujo ai fan and I've spent over a year reading/watching/playing various titles associated with the genre, but I still thought this was... not that impressive to put it nicely. Sorry, but I'm not interested in the genre just because I wan't to see random kissing scenes. I can just look at some picture galleries for that and get a superior experience. From anime I expect things like personality, chemistry, mood. It doesn' need to be super original or some "mature" soap opera, but it does need to have an identity. What does this have? Downplayed emotions for the sake of humor you can see in at least 4 series each season? They could easily take away the yuri and I wouldn't even notice.
Jan 16, 2014 5:03 PM

May 2013
mecharobot said:
Mizusi said:
Not everyone likes Yuri, I'm fine with that. MAL ratings don't mean shit either most of times.
I consider myself a moderately experienced yuri/shoujo ai fan and I've spent over a year reading/watching/playing various titles associated with the genre, but I still thought this was... not that impressive to put it nicely. Sorry, but I'm not interested in the genre just because I wan't to see random kissing scenes. I can just look at some picture galleries for that and get a superior experience. From anime I expect things like personality, chemistry, mood. It doesn' need to be super original or some "mature" soap opera, but it does need to have an identity. What does this have? Downplayed emotions for the sake of humor you can see in at least 4 series each season? They could easily take away the yuri and I wouldn't even notice.
I never said I found it impressive as far as I can remember. In fact, I hate fanservice no matter what kind of show features it, so Sakura Trick really let me down in that aspect, no exceptions were made. I could also live on without boob giggling every five seconds and inadequate angles focusing on the wrong parts of the "plot" just fine.

If you get serious yuri anime like Aoi Hana, you complain about how the pace is shit and how the girls didn't fuck right away instead of having character development. The sales flop too, because you know, who the fuck would want a realistic show with some depth to it? That shit's boring, angst and drama in yuri is boring, nobody wants that.

If you get "pandering" (there's that word again!) yuri anime like Sakura Trick with everything your average cheap and obsessed yurifag requires to satisfy their tastes, you complain about how it's too fanservicey and how it (once again) didn't meet your expectations for whatever reasons. Hell, they gave you kisses, boobs, an almost entirely female gay class and thighs. Are you not entertained?

Just look at it in a positive way, it's not another Kannazuki no Miko that tried so hard to look deep it ended up being abhorrent, nor some unfunny parody like Strawberry Panic. Maybe if this sells, then you'll get more and better yuri in the future.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

132 by noberkenier »»
Apr 15, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2014

187 by Delphantasist »»
Feb 14, 2:38 AM

» Where to watch/read Sakura trick if you're from Finland?

Wijkanda - Oct 10, 2021

7 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Jan 15, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2014

114 by User-Name »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:19 AM

» Ain’t this a bit of an overkill?

RudeRedis - Aug 21, 2023

0 by RudeRedis »»
Aug 21, 2023 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.