Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2014 10:12 AM

Jun 2011
I was doubtful that they could make an episode with more impact than 13 but 14 turned out to be another gem. I'm glad I picked this up.

The characters usually tend to be more on the melodramatic side, but so far their interactions have been fairly natural and the way the events pan out make it all the more interesting since it's so hard to predict what comes next.
DissentJan 10, 2014 10:29 AM
Jan 10, 2014 10:12 AM

Oct 2010
I really hope Hikari ends up with Miuna, both because I can't stand Manaka and Hikari x Manaka is too predictable. That and I'm hoping for Kaname x Sayu, because I'm tired of seeing Kaname fawning over what is probably a lost cause. I think Sayu can give him the happiness he deserves.
Jan 10, 2014 10:39 AM

Mar 2013
This episode really took me by surprise.
I didn't expect the 5 year gap aswell, but the ending, my god that was pretty amazing.

Also, who is the teenage boy was playing with Akari's son who is supposedly called 'Akira'. When I first saw him, he looked like Kaname, but the eye colour was different, so it couldn't be him and because of the last episode hes sleeping in the sea still like Manaka.

Anyone know who he is?!
Anyways, awesome episode, looking forward to the next one. 1000000000000/10
Jan 10, 2014 11:11 AM
Dec 2013
Well, I liked this time skip! Older characters.

Though it really sets the scene for Miuna x Hikari, lol.

I think that Hikari is an envoy of some sort. There's certainly a reason he was sent out when he was, perhaps he's been sent to check out how the outside world has been doing, or perhaps to send some kind of message.

Either ways, things will get more and more interesting now.

Also, I really enjoyed seeing Chisaki and Tsumugu grown up. They're practically family as it is, and Tsmugu apparently seems to have developed a thing for her too. I hope it works out.

I still want my snowpocalypse though...
Jan 10, 2014 11:51 AM

Sep 2011
Wow this is great. 5/5. Definitely.

I was rather surprised when I saw Hikari naked lol. He still had clothes when he was hibernating o-o; Where did they go? I don't think somebody or something would possibly strip his clothes up haha.

In my opinion, it'll probably be:
Tsumugu x Chisaki
Kaname x Sayu(Not really sure though, I kinda have a feeling that Kaname will still like Chisaki for a while)
Hikari x Manaka
Miuna x Classmate-kun (Since Hikari x Miuna seems unlikely)

Dramatic overload. or something

The new opening and ending are really good~ Dos paper planes.
I think the next few episodes will probbably be focused on Miuna's one-sided feelings for Hikari and about Kaname waking up and finding out about Chisaki living at Tsumugu's place... Lol I can kinda imagine that reaction XD

Anyway this anime is definitely the best fall 2013 anime i watched.
Jan 10, 2014 11:53 AM

Jul 2010
The opening pretty much confirmed to us that Manaka is still alive, unfortunately ..

Chisaki lost her anal virginity.

Motherfucking Hikari is back, it was only one episode but I missed him.

Tsumugu still confirming himself as the worst passive character in the show.
AkanezoraJan 10, 2014 4:37 PM
Jan 10, 2014 12:04 PM

Nov 2012
Man I love timeskips

Jan 10, 2014 12:08 PM

May 2013
so basicly everythings different now.
Jan 10, 2014 12:44 PM

Nov 2013
This development was just, too good @.@

Plot done right, I could care less about pairings/shipping right now. Very intrigued to see relationship development from now on.
Jan 10, 2014 12:57 PM

Jan 2014
So much suspense I can't wait T.T
Jan 10, 2014 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
I want to cry definitely cry.
That kakashi move used in chisaki LOL , Miuna became cute girl <3 , Tsumugu became handsome lol .
I want to cry in the ending Hikari didn't change at all *sad wanted to see college hikari version lol*
5/5 The anime is getting interesting <3

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 10, 2014 1:28 PM

Jan 2013
I'm gonna have to start shipping people I never thought I would. Keeping Hikari the same age just formed new love triangles/shapes.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jan 10, 2014 2:40 PM

Jun 2010
Holy shit that was epic.

I don't know what to feel about it right now. Seriously, the romance relationships got more complicated. Well, fuck P.A is doing a good job on this.

P.S
Please no Tsumugu x Chisaki ending. That is just shit. That's like killing Kaname 2 times.
Jan 10, 2014 2:50 PM

Apr 2013
The relationships are so fucked up, and yet, it is so enjoyable.
Surprisingly enough, I've become addicted to this show.
Even though the first part was slow and maybe a little too plotless, I have this feeling that real shit starts here.
Yep. I like that.
Jan 10, 2014 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
-MgZ_ said:
Holy shit that was epic.

I don't know what to feel about it right now. Seriously, the romance relationships got more complicated. Well, fuck P.A is doing a good job on this.

P.S
Please no Tsumugu x Chisaki ending. That is just shit. That's like killing Kaname 2 times.

Damn nigga, I feel the same way, but it will probably turn out that way. Well, unless Nagi no Asukara plans on shitting some surprises on me, like it always does. I'm assuming Sayu is gonna give kaname some ass, so that makes me feel a little better. :P
Jan 10, 2014 3:42 PM
Dec 2012
Naruto Reference anyone?

WOW... YES he came back.
Man stuff did go down while THEY we under...
I love how Hikari's body grew as well over the years, instead of being "frozen" that would have been very awkward...
Those feels though. I never knew Miuna felt that way for him either...
DAT opening theme... is the best...
Jan 10, 2014 3:45 PM

May 2008
last 2 episodes have been good enjoying this series!!!
Jan 10, 2014 3:59 PM

Sep 2011
5 Years... Holy fuck.
Jan 10, 2014 4:08 PM

Jan 2011
That was an amazing episode. 5 years have past?! God damn! So Chisaki lived with the old man and Tsumugu. Akari has a child now too. Miuna and her friend are in middle school now. Such an emotional and sad tone throughout the entire episode. Then mother flippin' naked Hikari appears and he hasn't aged at all. He's basically the same age as Miuna too. OIC what you're doing P.A. Works, trying to make the Miuna x Hikari ship legal. xD The OP and ED were also really beautiful. Why is Nagi no Asukara so good? Damn you, P.A. Works! :D
5/5
Jan 10, 2014 4:51 PM

Oct 2013
This anime never fails to amaze me. Period.
Jan 10, 2014 4:53 PM

Oct 2013
Unpredictability has been taken to another level.
Jan 10, 2014 4:58 PM

Jan 2011
waaay better than chuunibyou s2 start. new opening isnt as fantastic as the first one, but still very awesome. the snow scenes are very impressive! i like the new ending song more but the ending scenes arnt that impressive than the scenes in both openings but still very beautiful! didnt expected a time skip, were most of them have changed so much. well done. great drama will continue. *yay but the best is the still stunning animation especially this episode! every time my eyes are as big and bright as those of the kids. *_* now in 2014 q1 there is no non non biyori, so this show jumps on the first place (followed by Space Dandy, gin no saji and koiuta, chuunibyou has to deliver more to go near them ...).
Jan 10, 2014 5:32 PM
Aug 2013
lil akira goin 1000 years of death on chisaki's ass

second half startin off REAL GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Jan 10, 2014 5:52 PM

Mar 2013
Amazing episode, amzing op, love that they did a time skip. This is looking to become one of my favorite shows of all time if it goes on like this.
Jan 10, 2014 5:53 PM

Oct 2013
At first I was so confused... wasn't really expecting a time skip. (Though after SSY, why am I even surprised?)

By the end I was all 'SOMEONE HOLD ME!'

RichiePyne-- Hikari's body didn't grow. When Tsumugu and Miuna found him, he was still looking the same as 5 years ago. (Tsumugu says this.) Also, he doesn't recognize Miuna. It's safe to assume he's been frozen for 5 years.
NisienJan 10, 2014 5:58 PM
Jan 10, 2014 5:55 PM
Apr 2013
I really enjoyed this episode a lot. So much potential here!
Somehow I still feel that's not right to match Tsumugu and Chisaki together. Maybe because I don't know enough about Tsumugu yet, and for me he looks a bit "slack" to me (I don't know if it's the right word). I really think it would be nice to show more about Tsumugu. Anyway, nice episode. :D
Jan 10, 2014 6:03 PM

Mar 2008
Miuna x Hikari is looking a lot better now! Miuna <3
Jan 10, 2014 6:07 PM

Nov 2013
Every episode just makes me love this anime more and more //ugly sobbing

I'm still rooting to Hikari x Manaka, hopefully I'm not the only one though.
Ah and this episode made me ship Tsumugu x Chisaki though I kinda feel sorry for Kaname...
Jan 10, 2014 6:29 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, it's getting better!

I've predicted that there will be a time skip and that they didn't age during the sleeping period, but this episode still amazed me. And I'm so happy to see Tsumugu and Chisaki is being more canon! I feel sorry for Kaname, but there's Sayu.. :p

Miuna is becoming a main character now, but I'm still hoping for Hikari to end up with Manaka.. I can't ship Hikari with anyone else
Jan 10, 2014 6:34 PM

Jan 2008
AussiePika said:

Also, who is the teenage boy was playing with Akari's son who is supposedly called 'Akira'. When I first saw him, he looked like Kaname, but the eye colour was different, so it couldn't be him and because of the last episode hes sleeping in the sea still like Manaka.

Anyone know who he is?!

He was one of the land guys from when they were in middle school. He helped with the festival thing.

I wasn't expecting the series to go this way, but I love it.. I want to know why Hikari woke up so early.. It sounded like they were going to sleep until it was safe again but the surface is continuing to freeze. I would assume Kaname is going to wake up soon too. While I love the relationship drama, I hope they focus on what's going on too. Maybe they're going to fix it somehow?

I really hope HikarixMiuna doesn't happen. It just seems.. weird..
TsumuguxChisaki seems almost certain now and it would be pretty reasonable considering they've spent all this time together. Poor Kaname though; he just can't seem to win. KanamexSayu seems too convenient to me. Plus what Kaname did Sayu like? He seemed to put on a kind face sometimes and then was completely opposite at other moments.
Jan 10, 2014 6:37 PM

Nov 2012
Phenomenal episode.

5 years since the hibernation...

Chisaki looking fine.
https://24.media.tumblr.com/96ea5265c8ba834367c6c03cee0072d2/tumblr_mz7mjfEkSe1qbvovho1_500.gif

So does Miuna< 3
http://25.media.tumblr.com/b95e664166196b044eac68fefef8de6a/tumblr_mz5c7mZQYZ1qcsnnso1_500.gif

Akira had a son during the timeskip(he's quite the sneaky little devil XD).
http://dalian.7thstyle.com/2014/01/nagi-no-asukara-ep-14-seventhstyle-025.gif

Dat kiss,cause we all know she didn't do that for CPR
https://24.media.tumblr.com/063261a6fbf6a47d04026c6e814bb2f2/tumblr_mz63qz2szG1qbvovho1_500.gif

Dat moon effect,absolutely stunning
https://24.media.tumblr.com/fd053505589b077702e76555212f73c1/tumblr_mz7behBtqS1rm7e3co2_r2_250.gif

After a 2 week break Nagi no Asukara comes back twice as strong/great as before.Just an absolutely phenomenal episode.Great OP and ED too btw.
Jan 10, 2014 7:05 PM

Jul 2009
I FUCKING LOVE TIMESKIPS
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 10, 2014 7:13 PM

Oct 2011
pokemongood said:
AussiePika said:

Anyone know who he is?!

Sayama Jun. Hikari and the others friends from the Surface.
Jan 10, 2014 7:24 PM

Aug 2013
Akanezora said:
The opening pretty much confirmed to us that Manaka is still alive, unfortunately ..

What? How? O_o
Jan 10, 2014 7:30 PM

May 2012
Shirayukin said:
Miuna is becoming a main character now, but I'm still hoping for Hikari to end up with Manaka.. I can't ship Hikari with anyone else

Count me me in!!! When I saw the OP and the "possible" pairings (in the road scene with the 3 boys and the 3 girls), I was like, NO, Hikari should be with Manaka!! But well, I might as well slowly prepare myself to accept a Muina and Hikari route if that is that case or else, it will ruin the whole story for me.
Jan 10, 2014 7:54 PM

Jul 2010
StevenHu said:
Akanezora said:

What? How? O_o

We see Manaka under the sea.
http://i.imgur.com/B7dRZPW.png

She's crying, aka alive.
http://i.imgur.com/txEXN5a.png

Afterwards we see an umbrella that is falling from the sky.
http://i.imgur.com/NK0brHS.png

Miuna surprised of the event watches it falling, and we notice an hand that grabs the umbrella.
http://i.imgur.com/ruFrdNv.png

Of course, this is just an assumption of mine. But I don't think they want to kill off a character like that, it would be a waste for them.
Jan 10, 2014 8:06 PM

Nov 2009
This episode had a different feel compared to the previous episodes. Sayu and Miuna grew up really pretty. Judging from the OP, Kaname would be back too. I hope same thing goes for Manaka.

I just noticed, when the Prof asked Tsumugu why he wasn't going out with Chisaki, he said Chisaki has someone she likes, he didn't say he wasn't in love with Chisaki. So maybe, just maybe.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2014 8:16 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Surprisingly long time skip and the atmosphere change that came with it is remarkably well done. The tone has taken a bit more of a sombre edge and the new main cast, well at least for now, reflects that sense of change.

OP and ED suit the change wonderfully, overall I'm pretty impressed.

I didn't expect Hikari to come out of the sea so quickly nor that he'd be spat out onto the surface buck naked. As for the direction of his romance now, aka w/ Miuna I think his age needs to be ascertained first haha. In fact, character relations for everyone have naturally, changed over 5 years.

I think this was just what the series needed to show us, I was quite frankly getting bored towards the near end of the first half.
Jan 10, 2014 8:21 PM

Jan 2011
That beautiful and heartbreaking
Jan 10, 2014 9:11 PM
Jan 2014
You know, maybe we missed something at the opening. Notice how when they are shown in the groups, Hikari is on Chisaki's right hand side. When only one person is shown, you can see chisaki is definitely looking at her right hand side. Hikari is looking at his left hand side and thats the side Chisaki is on. Thats when tsumugu and kaname gives that sad look. Maybe we are seeing a Hikari x Chisaki route possible?
Jan 10, 2014 9:31 PM
Sep 2013
LostForgotten1 said:
You know, maybe we missed something at the opening. Notice how when they are shown in the groups, Hikari is on Chisaki's right hand side. When only one person is shown, you can see chisaki is definitely looking at her right hand side. Hikari is looking at his left hand side and thats the side Chisaki is on. Thats when tsumugu and kaname gives that sad look. Maybe we are seeing a Hikari x Chisaki route possible?

Some people just don't know when to give up do they? Well, its technically not impossible but I wouldn't waste a whole lot of energy into that wishful thinking.

The most likely pairings are still Hikari x Manaka; it is highly unlikely that Manaka is dead but in the off-chance that the writer decides to do the unusual and kill her off, that will be Miuna's only chance.

They also seem to be going down the Tsumugu x Chisaki path. I thought tease from the last episode kinda came out of nowhere but depending on how they develop this, it might turn out to be the most developed relationship in this show yet. Que the drama once Kaname returns...as the Big Bad, wallowing in his pain of rejection.

On another note, when Tsumugu first fished Manaka out of the sea, Hikari said something about that encounter being a "very special meeting." At first I thought he actually meant something by it but now he might had just been talking out of his ass.
Jan 10, 2014 9:38 PM

Oct 2013
MrNTR said:
LostForgotten1 said:

Some people just don't know when to give up do they? Well, its technically not impossible but I wouldn't waste a whole lot of energy into that wishful thinking.

The most likely pairings are still Hikari x Manaka; it is highly unlikely that Manaka is dead but in the off-chance that the writer decides to do the unusual and kill her off, that will be Miuna's only chance.

They also seem to be going down the Tsumugu x Chisaki path. I thought tease from the last episode kinda came out of nowhere but depending on how they develop this, it might turn out to be the most developed relationship in this show yet. Que the drama once Kaname returns...as the Big Bad, wallowing in his pain of rejection.

On another note, when Tsumugu first fished Manaka out of the sea, Hikari said something about that encounter being a "very special meeting." At first I thought he actually meant something by it but now he might had just been talking out of his ass.

I find Manaka's situation rather unique. I feel as though she'll be the one to guide the rest of them in the future from another place. I don't feel as though she'll be able to come back permanently.

Now then, I feel the meeting itself was more directed toward the relations between the land and sea people rather than the kids themselves.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 10, 2014 9:52 PM
Jan 2014
It was just a thought that came to my mind when i was raping the reply button on the Opening song. I don't think Manaka is dead, but maybe she will appear in the last episode in which she says her last words to Hikari. What she wanted to tell him after the thing. THen she will have to leave for good.
Jan 10, 2014 9:58 PM
Dec 2013
Dang so much sadness....man I really hope the grandpa doesn't die, and also the miuna x hikari pairing is just kinda wrong yeah? Hmm scientist coming into the picture to study a dying race. ( I know that the sea people are the ones that are gonna live just some people in the show now say that sea people don't exist.) Scientist usually mean bad news. (;_;) Hrng I just want kaname NOW!!!!!!
Jan 10, 2014 10:16 PM

Apr 2011
Wow. Miuna and Chisaki are pretty. Tsumugi is lucky to have her in his home. She's like the perfect waifu. I would ike it if she goes out with him, but that is very slim chance.
Jan 10, 2014 10:20 PM

Oct 2013
Magito said:
Wow. Miuna and Chisaki are pretty. Tsumugi is lucky to have her in his home. She's like the perfect waifu. I would ike it if she goes out with him, but that is very slim chance.

It only seems slim because of all the possible ships going around. With the occasional octagon lol.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 10, 2014 10:25 PM
Jun 2013
OH MY GOD.
Jan 10, 2014 10:38 PM

Jun 2009
Welcome back Hikari...

And... Chisaki is a serious wife material

Did the OP just indicate that Manaka might be alive?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2014 10:53 PM

Aug 2013
wow, now I see a Love Square... Chisaki and miuna both likes Hii-kun now and hii-kun still likes manaka... I wonder what'll happen to hii-kun next. I hope he goes on with a harem chiisaki or miuna...

Still needs more explanation on what really happened. Maybe next episode will be more on flashbacks...
Jan 10, 2014 11:00 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Miuna + 5 years... Favorite character now
Chisaki + years... second favorite.
can't wait till next episode, great op and ed
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.