Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 8, 2009 6:29 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Am I the only one that laughed when Hyouka got suddenly rock'd in the face?
Mar 8, 2009 7:07 PM

Aug 2007
Wasabi said:

No. Lol. I'm ashamed to say that I laughed too.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Mar 8, 2009 7:23 PM

Oct 2007
Bloody hilarious. The slow motion then WHAM.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Mar 8, 2009 7:24 PM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:

So did I, LOL just the way they did it. With slo-mo'ing it then bringing it back up to normal speed.

The scene with Misaka/Index/Kuroko was cute.
Mar 8, 2009 7:26 PM

Jul 2008
pretty funny episode, touma is like i won't make that mistake again and what happens? fanservice! then there was when misaka and index meet, for two girls who pretty much say they have no interest in him, they sure fight about him a lot
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 8, 2009 7:32 PM

Feb 2009
I laughed at Touma stopping the golem's punch with his right hand. Hahaha, cheap trick.
Mar 8, 2009 7:45 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
next episode looks promising

AIM dispersion field, huh...

So, someone wants the magic world to go against science world....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 8, 2009 8:53 PM

Jan 2008
Alexstratz said:
I laughed at Touma stopping the golem's punch with his right hand. Hahaha, cheap trick.

lol Yeah, I LOLed when that happened.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Mar 8, 2009 11:05 PM
Jan 2009

The rock to the face was funny but i think the Misaka and Index meet was much funnier.
KaitoDetectiveMay 1, 2010 11:48 PM
Mar 8, 2009 11:54 PM

Jul 2008
KaitoDetective said:
kevin_video said:
Alexstratz said:

lol Yeah, I LOLed when that happened.

psh that was awesome but i wouldve thought that the hand would crumble...

The rock to the face was funny but i think the Misaka and Index meet was much funnier.

you would imagine since all that was keeping it together was magic it would crumble, but it must be stronger than that structurally speaking, thats good craftmanship there.
best part of this episode was definitely when those two meet, and then when that other girl was teleporting them, and they got really mad at touma for his decision, rofl ^_^
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 9, 2009 1:01 AM

Nov 2007
i lol'd like everyone else at those parts. but is it me or did the script or whatever just turn horrendous. touma claiming if only he could touch the Ellis to stop its attack....well stop avoiding his attacks dumbass and then you can touch him. seriously there have been too many wtf moments going on in this show lately. this episode was such a waste.
Mar 9, 2009 1:08 AM
Apr 2008
Wasabi said:

dude.. that was the best part of this episode period xD
Mar 9, 2009 1:45 AM
Dec 2008
Anti skills are lame, they got owned by their own bomb.....

aside from that, descent episode. Hyouka getting mauled by that golem was pretty funny and lets not forget the epic Index vs Biri Biri XD
gnodabMar 9, 2009 2:02 AM
Mar 9, 2009 2:50 AM

Mar 2008
Great episode, i especially liked Touma's pose in the end of the episode :)
Mar 9, 2009 3:28 AM

Nov 2007
What the ... well I for one didn't laugh when she got hit in the face, I'm surprised in in the minority though O_O but lol @ index & misaka meeting
Mar 9, 2009 3:46 AM

Jan 2009
I knew that there was something wrong with Kazaki ^_^ Also Index and Misaka meeting was really hilarious.
Mar 9, 2009 3:50 AM

Jan 2008
great episode. i love how all the characters are kinda eccentric in their own way, which is why when Misaka and Index met, i loved it.
Mar 9, 2009 5:32 AM

Feb 2008
Wasabi said:

i certainly laughed due to it being so random.
Mar 9, 2009 7:19 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, i didn't laugh at all in this episode. Am i watching the same anime episode as you all?
Mar 9, 2009 7:25 AM

May 2008
Wasabi said:

Me too, that was completely unexpected
Mar 9, 2009 8:07 AM

Aug 2008
crazy_eights said:
i lol'd like everyone else at those parts. but is it me or did the script or whatever just turn horrendous. touma claiming if only he could touch the Ellis to stop its attack....well stop avoiding his attacks dumbass and then you can touch him. seriously there have been too many wtf moments going on in this show lately. this episode was such a waste.
I have to agree on most points, and like to add that the whole phone call scene was terrible.

But I enjoyed the scene with Index and Biribiri
Mar 9, 2009 8:41 AM

Oct 2008
While i thought it was a pretty decent episode as far as index episodes go, am i the only one that looks at 2 episodes left and wonders what sort of plot development they could possibly do in what is left?

I'd assume this is just a first season, but the plot has gone nowhere since he rescued index like 15 episodes ago. At this rate, there will be like 5 seasons of index and there will be no persistent plot! They've had so many random subplots in the episodes and yet none of them actually connect to each other in any meaningful way.
Mar 9, 2009 12:16 PM

Jul 2008

If he used the right hand on a fist that was going to crush him, the fist may not have been stoped or the golem would have been destroyed but the hand would continue crushing him because of the PHYSICAL laws.
Of course, at the end we find out that his hand can stop the punch completely, but he risked to save the girl.

What the ... well I for one didn't laugh when she got hit in the face, I'm surprised in in the minority though O_O

I also belong to that minority. I was sorry for the girl and how the magician treated her.

While i thought it was a pretty decent episode as far as index episodes go, am i the only one that looks at 2 episodes left and wonders what sort of plot development they could possibly do in what is left?

The arc will be finished like every other was: with the lead character ending in the hospital.

I'd assume this is just a first season, but the plot has gone nowhere since he rescued index like 15 episodes ago. At this rate, there will be like 5 seasons of index and there will be no persistent plot! They've had so many random subplots in the episodes and yet none of them actually connect to each other in any meaningful way.

By looking at the novel summaries, we have enough material for two additional seasons and "To Aru Kagaku no Railgun" manga (whos story seems to be made by the author of To Aru Majutsu no Index) which seems to have enough popularity to get animated as well (in order to give the fans something to watch until enough novels have been released to make season 4).
Also, looking at novel summaries, it seems that arcs in seasons 2 and 3 will have more connections with the plot then season 1, but the series will remain what it always was: An SF/Fantasy Slice of Life anime.

And while we are talking about future seasons, summaries promise a lot more of exciting Biri-Biri Vs Index action and...

Novel spoiler under the tag so don't click if you don't want to be spoiled a bit!
NayraelMar 9, 2009 12:27 PM
Mar 9, 2009 2:28 PM

Sep 2008
@Nayrael - I usualy avoid pressing spoiler button, but since you said it's a small one I pressed it, and I can only thank you :)
Now I am happy, knowing it...

About this episode...well, it's pretty clear there will be S2 since main story is nowhere close to being solved, not to mention all other characters which have their storyline unsolved. Luckily, this show is really interesting so I am glad there will be more seasons.
Mar 9, 2009 4:30 PM
Dec 2007
Just think of it this way. J.C. Staff took a huge risk by using this whole season as an introduction into the world of Index. Shakugan no Shana is also as loose in it's connections as this one, but the one thing we should be glad here is that unlike with Shana, the Index team didn't make up a completely original (and lame at some parts) story to tie the events.They apparently are pretty close to the source material, and this season has me interested so I can't wait to see what new "misfortunes" are waiting our tormented shonen hero and his ever increasing harem.

In short, this is an introductory season. Could they have done better to relate events? Yes. But what I got catched my attention. Sure isn't perfect, but there's room for improvement next season.

Mar 9, 2009 6:45 PM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Nah I did too since they slowed that part for some odd reason. o.O Meh he's gonna win and she's gonna get touched woo..
HEY!
Mar 10, 2009 2:30 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah, I bet that's the stuff you.. guys enjoy, right? ^

Nice episode, good humor once again.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 10, 2009 8:19 AM
Feb 2008
Woho 2 episodes left ,I hope the ending will be satisfying the new character is quite interesting if I have to say
Mar 10, 2009 5:40 PM

Aug 2008
I guess you can say that he is secretly building up his harem. Come to think of it, I don't see him being bounded by misfortune every time. Not to mention, two cute girls are even fighting for him. Would you still consider that as bad luck?

Anyway, he look real cool when he stopped the punch using his right hand. Overall, the episode is great. We finally get to see all of them into one big episode instead of seeing them separated into several arcs.

Mar 10, 2009 7:37 PM
Apr 2008
Nayrael said:

If he used the right hand on a fist that was going to crush him, the fist may not have been stoped or the golem would have been destroyed but the hand would continue crushing him because of the PHYSICAL laws.
Of course, at the end we find out that his hand can stop the punch completely, but he risked to save the girl.

I was surprised too that the golem's fist could be stopped so easily. with it moving at that speed. I'm not pretty sure of the reason, but either he negated the golem which caused it to stop moving or he negated the movement of the speed. Either way I agree that physical laws cannot be applied or Touma will be crushed by the force.
Mar 10, 2009 9:38 PM

Sep 2008
best moment of the episode was the whole index vs biribiri. imagine if komoe didnt make aisa do a chore and ended up following touma and index to the mall. a three way battle, lol. sort of.

rest of the episode was...meh. doesnt seem like it would be able to last the rest of the season unless they drag it on.
Mar 10, 2009 10:00 PM

Sep 2008
well i enjoyed this episode, i like the way this series has always had really unique and interesting ideas. it makes it a good watch :), and i did not expect the rock to the face but i only chuckled a bit unlike alot of you guys :P

well even though i guess the romance stuff has barely been worked on im curious if they are gonna make him end up with someone. misaka would be awesome since index is boring and annoying and well i think misaka is cool.

im curious if they are gonna do another season since it sounds like they could and i'd quite like another.

Mar 10, 2009 11:23 PM

Nov 2006

confession: i rewind and watch him smile a few times every ep.
Mar 11, 2009 1:50 AM
Dec 2008
^
lol, zat a smile? From what I observed, he only smiles when he's on kill mode/sadist mode/crazy mode XD
Seriously, we need to know what happened to acc and last order.(what's up with the white shirt??)

Season 2... most likely, since there's still plenty of material for another season ^^
Mar 11, 2009 7:21 AM

Jul 2008
BTW, I still don't understand how Index, who has Perfect Memorization, could forget that she saw a girl that looked just like Misaka. It would have been interesting to see how Misaka would react if she knew that Touma was "dating" her little sister.
NayraelMar 11, 2009 11:27 AM
Mar 11, 2009 9:41 PM

Oct 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Just think of it this way. J.C. Staff took a huge risk by using this whole season as an introduction into the world of Index. Shakugan no Shana is also as loose in it's connections as this one, but the one thing we should be glad here is that unlike with Shana, the Index team didn't make up a completely original (and lame at some parts) story to tie the events.They apparently are pretty close to the source material, and this season has me interested so I can't wait to see what new "misfortunes" are waiting our tormented shonen hero and his ever increasing harem.

In short, this is an introductory season. Could they have done better to relate events? Yes. But what I got catched my attention. Sure isn't perfect, but there's room for improvement next season.

I also see this season a big introduction. However, they managed to show some interesting arcs instead of boring episodes with an episodic structure. However, I doubt the next season will be completely different, at least at the beginning, because we have yet to meet a few more novel characters. I also wish Index gets a bigger role in this last episodes because she has been relegated since her arc's final episode.

Oh and..didn't the last scene of this episode make you remember when Ichigo finally saved Rukia in Bleach? xD
Mar 12, 2009 12:08 AM

Jul 2007
lianayuki said:
Woho 2 episodes left ,I hope the ending will be satisfying

Your telling me.
Mar 12, 2009 8:10 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was kind of boring in my opinion. I am glad we found something out about that one girl though(sorry, I forgot her name).
Mar 12, 2009 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
windy said:

Favourite comment.
Mar 13, 2009 10:47 AM

Oct 2008
windy said:

I'm happy that he has become a "good" guy, but i hope he stays as an ultra-violent sadist on his future fights at least (maybe next season T_T).
Mar 16, 2009 12:14 PM

Feb 2008
crazy_eights said:
... but is it me or did the script or whatever just turn horrendous. touma claiming if only he could touch the Ellis to stop its attack....well stop avoiding his attacks dumbass and then you can touch him. seriously there have been too many wtf moments going on in this show lately. this episode was such a waste.

exactly my thoughts!
Mar 23, 2009 6:43 AM

Jan 2008
It was a good episode I guess.
Mar 28, 2009 7:05 PM

May 2008
lol, like Touma's arms are even much larger than Index's.
If even at all.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Apr 11, 2009 4:00 AM

Aug 2008
Good episode, a little confused about the AIM dispersion field..
May 20, 2009 5:38 PM

Aug 2008
Alrite episode. Like CrazyEights said, when Touma says if he could just touch Ellis. Haha. But he's dodgin' all over the place.
Jul 8, 2009 11:41 AM
Jun 2009
Wasabi said:

nope lol
Oct 7, 2009 11:22 PM

Jul 2009
kage-bunshin said:
pretty funny episode, touma is like i won't make that mistake again and what happens? fanservice! then there was when misaka and index meet, for two girls who pretty much say they have no interest in him, they sure fight about him a lot
Lol when they fight
Oct 9, 2009 2:48 PM

Jul 2009
Wasabi said:
I'm ashamed to say I too laughed a bit at this, and judging by the replies it seems there are quite a few with the same sick sense of humour =p
It was so random and looked like it hurt like hell though so you just had to giggle a bit^^

Interesting character that Cromwell girl, though she appears to be the typical warmongering manic with no special motives or reasons but to fight for the fun of it.

Cool golem summon ability too, massively evil
Oct 25, 2009 2:33 PM

May 2009
Wasabi said:
Haha, yeah that was really unexpected so I giggled a bit. xD
Nov 10, 2009 9:49 PM

Nov 2009
Wasabi said:

I laughed at that too
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

75 by Rigatoni96 »»
Apr 29, 1:35 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

280 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 9:09 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

darkxdestiny - Mar 12, 2009

142 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 8:37 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Mar 14, 2009

61 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 7:44 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ukonkivi - Mar 22, 2009

92 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 7:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.