Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »
Sep 17, 2018 9:05 AM

Sep 2014
well who would have thought the final would be about Kaiki and Nadeko of all people? Im really really really glad though that Nadeko was saved. I would probably hate the series a bit if she were the only one to get shafted all the way.

Way to go Kaiki.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 23, 2019 8:02 PM

Jun 2016
Hands down best Season best anime out there.
Feb 22, 2019 6:39 AM

Jun 2017
F
I find Nadeko's reaction funny when Kaiki revealed her secret right in front of her, lol. Kaiki getting beaten up by Nadeko but still, resolving the issue, good job. But man....

Kaiki, I hated you at first, but this series told me otherwise, I was just starting to like your Character but then Shaft had to disappear you by the end, WTF. I can say this, Kaiki was an awkward guy but has a "kind of" good nature.
Press F to pay respects.

That Ougi though, with Hachikuji too, my suspicion arises.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Apr 29, 2019 8:57 PM
Apr 2016
Damn, it's amazing how Kaiki managed to talk Sengoku out of it, damn I felt relieved that he managed to live...GOD FUCKING DAMN HE GOT KILLED AT THE END...Literally Kaiki was one of my favorite characters in this series, why.....
May 6, 2019 5:51 AM

Mar 2019
Well after the tease earlier in the season I was expecting a big show down xD but was still nice to see Kaiki manage to reach Nadeko. Certainly wasn't expecting the hidden stuff to be Manga. Also wasn't expecting the boy who got the reverse curse back in Bake to wreck him at the end either! Does this mean he's dead.. He seemed like he wasn't going to make it.

I've noticed Ougi seems to be the one behind all this. Meddling behind the scenes telling Nedako where to find the Snake and telling this kid where Kaiki was, and let's be honest her brief appearances so far have been nothing but strange.
May 19, 2019 9:20 AM

Dec 2018
Well and that's what she was hiding. Enough to distract her attention lol. She's just undergoing those puberty process.

In the end Kaiki did not deceive her, he saved her.

As long as you can become what you wanna be is what matters. For Kaiki at least.

Basically Gaen is the one paying for Kaiki. She knew everything indeed.

When you thought everything's gonna end well just like the previous monogatari series. That farewall from Hitagi tho, it's a perfect yet sad timing. And Kaiki can see the Oddity, thought he was a fake.

Seems this Ougi gonna be a major antagonist. My guess is she is the same person as Gaen. lol.
Kish0May 19, 2019 5:27 PM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 7, 2019 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
God, I hope they don't kill off Kaiki.. I have high hopes tho since last episode it said that Kaiki was involved with Kanbaru in the future and Hanamonogatari is set in the future with Kanbaru as MC

Other than that, 10/10 season, still want to know more about Ougi tho
Jul 25, 2019 1:37 AM

May 2015
I'm gay for Kaiki
That's how much I like him

10/10
A fine piece of art this season was
Aug 26, 2019 7:59 PM

Sep 2017
That ending was simultaneously amazing and shit at the same time. Y'all need to stop hating on Kaiki. He got some damn good character development in these six episodes. He pretty easily became on of the best characters in the series. I guess we get some stuff on Kanbaru with Hanamonogatari. I can never have too much of that lovable and huggable pervert. 9/10.

Oct 29, 2019 5:54 AM

Mar 2010

i knew something was gonna happen to Kaiki and i also knew that Ougi bitch had something to do with it. wow.
8/10
Nov 20, 2019 7:10 AM

May 2015
Strawberrycake48 said:

Anyway I cried.
A lot.
Especially during that final phone call with Senjougahara, the reveal that she sent the note and that really beautiful quote-

"A woman I know well always treats her current romance as if it's her first. She always looks like she's never fallen in love with someone before. And that's the right way to go. That's how it should be."

Yes, that was really a beautiful quote. I rewatched that scene like ten times because the expression Senjogahara had on her face when Kaiki recalled the memory of her looking back at him in the snowfall made me certain that she loved him at that time. In my subtitle it was worded a bit differently:

"The girl I know - the girl I know well - acts like the love she's in at any given moment is her first love. It's like she's always in the moment where she trully fell in love for the first time. And that's how it supposed to be. It shouldn't be any other way."
IshitatesoNov 20, 2019 9:34 AM
Jan 15, 2020 1:37 PM
Sep 2019
Nooooo! Just as Kaiki turned out to actually be a good guy, some random ass kid just comes out and stabs him to death. I really liked him 😭
Feb 7, 2020 10:05 AM
Nov 2019
This episode change my world view as a whole. It's humbling experience actually, like watching how small we really are in the universe. I love Kaiki, he simply right imo.
I mean I don't feel like to end my ranting here with out explaining why I am agree with what Kaiki said, but it's hard to craft the sentences. Well I can relate a lot to Nadeko character at that moment. I am too hide my dream, at that time too afraid to pursue it. At that times I am aware of nihilistic ideology and begining to adapting it, everything Kaiki said just perfect. Like the way He like money, it's replaceable yet so precious or like when we fall in love it has to be the like first time. And how to be fulfilled. are goal is not to feel happy, but to be fulfilled. That why we try to pursue our dream, if we fail in one thing try another thing. I mean it really great with my new nihilistic world view.
Mar 7, 2020 12:48 AM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
What a way to end the series. Kaiki was able to convince Nadeko to return as a human being, and tell her that life is much more than one romance, one wish, or even momentary happiness...

Great series, but sad to see it end with his death.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Mar 7, 2020 11:59 AM
Feb 2016
Kaiki is the best. Id rather him be the mc. Cant stand the other characters
Mar 12, 2020 1:13 PM

Oct 2019
Literally...best arc even...kaiki's personality was amaizing....and nadeko's development was great too❤️
Mar 30, 2020 4:38 AM
Oct 2017
Been reading all comments in 2020 cause i miss the show so much...

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenApr 7, 2020 2:09 PM
Apr 7, 2020 1:52 PM
Feb 2017
Kaiki, you will be missed. Also I hate Ougi.

10/10
MegaStrideApr 7, 2020 2:24 PM
Apr 10, 2020 8:22 PM

Aug 2019
bravo what a great arc, that speech Kaki made to Nadeko about dreams and telling her to move on regardless if he didn't mean any of it or it came from his heart was very inspirational and the last thing i would expect to hear from Kaki. Overall he is a good character im so happy they expanded more on him as a character and we didn't just see the business,money side of him, but also his own personal thoughts and feelings. Kaki overall, great character definitely 4 or 5th favourite in entire series for now. If i'll remember the monogatari series for anything, it'll be for its outstanding character development.
The theory of Gaen actually expecting Kaki to reject her message and carry on makes her an even scarier person but Ougi seems to be a chaos factor, the real puppet master pulling the strings.
Sadly never saw Kaki's connection to Suruga, which seemed like a big motivational factor to accept Senjougahara's request.
Overall 10/10 everything about Season 2 was perfect i honestly have no complaints, from a whole 26 episodes, amazing arcs like the Mayoi Jiangshi and Hitagis end, to further development and addition of characters season 2 was a joy to watch and could very well still outclass current trending anime. Finishing this season only made me want to learn more about the Monogatari universe and see what more could come.
If i could sum up season 2, it would be something along the lines of "just imagine the result of Bake characters/plot thrown into a blender and then adding large amounts of crack to the mix".
Apr 11, 2020 9:28 AM
Jun 2015
That was some great lessons from Kaiki-oniichan about romance. I liked the things he said to Nadeko about romance and dreams and all other.

I was kinda getting the vibe that he'll die in the end, and I guess he did.

I loved this season a lot. Great one.
Apr 29, 2020 6:32 AM
Oct 2019
Remeber guys the best way to make a girl to stop being a god is to say : “ Hey do you wanna be a Mangaka ?”
May 14, 2020 3:21 PM

Jun 2015
OMG that asshole killed Kaiki !
I would never have thought saying that after Nisemonogatari but damn in one single arc this character became one of the best anime characters ever only to die in a tragic way, all alone after playing a masterful play that nobody will know about.

May 30, 2020 8:04 AM

Nov 2018
He is obviously not dead, people are overreacting as always.
Great season.
I hate everyone equally
Jun 7, 2020 3:11 PM
Apr 2018
Kaiki rest in peace brotha
Jun 12, 2020 9:55 PM
Aug 2019
Cause im rewatching this, just little hint, he never was killed in that scene, that scene never existed. Remember the thing he said at the beginning of this arc that this story would involve lies? He just lied everyone to make you feel sad for this fucking badass lier guy. Kaiki best grill, 10/10 S2
Jul 2, 2020 1:08 AM

Aug 2017
Kaiki, you better be alive. Anyway great finale and every arc from this season was good, but this is by far my favorite because of Kaiki, he is a damn entertaining character. 8/10
Sep 1, 2020 11:16 PM
Mar 2018
fuck. so kaiki just randomly got shafted because of ougi. ougi you sun of a bitch. i feel terrible dude.....

well. it seems like nadeko returned back to her normal self. her arc got resolved so im glad about that. interesting she wants to be a manga artist. i hope she strives and works very hard to achieve her goal. but goddamn, who is ougi man.... and why would u wanna kill kaiki man not coooooool man wtf man.

overall, this season was top tier shit. story and plot wise, its tied with kizu imo. great great shit. best to worst arc for me goes like:

hitagi end
time travel/darkness wanna kill hachikuji
nadeko yandere
neko tiger

cant wait to see more. im excited to see the final arc in owarimonogatari, where i heard, they go more in depth with ougi and who tf she is. goddamn. 8.5/10

EDIT:

HotPocketChrisSep 1, 2020 11:37 PM
Sep 2, 2020 4:15 AM

Apr 2019
This anime, has the best dialogue I've ever seen. The debate between Kaiki and Sengoku is spectacular and deep, sometimes even philosophical, debating the purpose of our actions. I consider this ending, one of the best I've ever seen, second only to the end of Code Geass, the work as a whole is almost a masterpiece, it only sinned at the beginning, which I found very monotonous. And if I had doubts before, I'm sure now, the kaiki is an extremely complex character, you notice this with him narrating his own death. Anyway, spectacular, for those looking for complex dialogues, spectacular soundtrack and eccentric characters this is the right anime.
Sep 9, 2020 3:06 AM

Apr 2020
And here goes the end of the Second Season. This final ark was the one I liked the most honestly, despite Kaiki being the main character here(Senjougahara compensated it anyway). Also, Yay a happy ending!

Nadeko being a manga artist wannabe is surprising. I still don't understand what her problem is though, I mean, people have to start with something, right? I'm learning to draw myself at the moment, and I know it may be embarassing to show my "creations" to others. Is it embarassing enouth to become a snek god yandere though?...

I brought myself to liking Kaiki too. Well, "LIKING", since I just saw a side of him which is not entirely dick-ish. The scene at the end with him dying was somewhat sad. He reaped what he sow though, so he has no excuse here.

Anyway, that's another one "Monogatari" out of the way. More left to go!
[right]=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
Sep 17, 2020 5:37 AM

Jun 2020
So in the fucking closet it was just a manga well I was expecting a that it was a bad thing but instead it was just an embarrassing memories lol:P

Well that was unexpected it was a masterpiece I really enjoyed it RIP Kaiki you were a good guy still who the fuck did just kill Kaiki it was probably the guy who confess to Nadeko and got rejected just a hunch since Kaiki said that it will get really interesting on Hanamonogatari I hope it will be a great anime looking forward to watching it(^^)

Overall my rating will be 10/10 although it's a bit overrated it's because I fucking love it, all the arc in this anime is so good it was a masterpiece<3
Sep 19, 2020 11:21 PM

Apr 2019
Yooooo I-I.. yoooooooooo that was... yooooooo

I'm so glad that Kaiki was able to "deceive" Nadeko. Way to get some kids off of a yandere god's hit list my guy. Would've never thought that she would be keeping hand-made manga in her closet, but that reveal was so funny though.

Nadeko is such a well done character, she goes from just normal-ish girl, to super insane yandere medusa, to very embarrassed insane yadere medusa, then back to normal girl again. I mean talk about character development. Well on the topic of character development, I think I like Hitgai's the most. Ya just can't not love her.

And I'm calling shenanigans on that end there. You really just gonna kill the coolest dude huh? Man I hope he isn't dead, cause that shit would suck so hard. Also fuck Ougi, never trusted her for a second. "This opinion is prone to changing later on - Monty™"

Well, I think I can say that this is probably my favorite arc hands down.

This was such a good season, I think this might be my favorite season so far. In terms of story and character development wise.
Well Nisio Isin, I already gave you a trophy, but here, you can also have this medal too🥇
Nov 18, 2020 10:49 AM

Nov 2017
This was the best episode of this season by far. The dialogue, the twist, the art/animation... really saved the best for last!~
Nov 20, 2020 3:16 AM
Jun 2020
Loved this episode and whole season, can't wait to see the other parts. Kaiki is probably my favourite character now in this show. Also what's with Ougi, who is that guy actually.
Dec 17, 2020 9:12 PM
Apr 2020
Well that was quite a way to end this series. I must say that I didn't quite expect that someone will kill him. Rest In Piece, Kaiki..

Atleast Nadeko-chan finally finds her right and true path.

With this conclusion? I don't know. It feels like nothing climatic. I like the first two arc more, the Nekomonogatari Arc (the conclusion really hit the emotion out of me bcuz of Hanekawa keeping the burdens all to her) and the Kabukimonogatari Arc (I really like the plot twist of that. With the time warping and destruction of the world stuff count me in! ). The rest of the arc is just "okay".

But it was still fun and thrilling to watch till the end. I just can't get resist myself watching it. 9/10 for this. On to the next one, Hanamonogatari! ;)
Kirukato05Dec 17, 2020 9:21 PM
Jan 11, 2021 11:39 PM

Jul 2020
Wow Kaiki what a beast, may he live on forever.
Feb 5, 2021 10:04 AM
Aug 2020
It all linked back to the moment when Araragi first performed that ritual to remove the snake from Sengoku in Bakemonogatari, one of the snakes got away and went back to the person who casted the curse,and that kid is the same one at the end of this episode, the one who cursed Sengoku.It was all clear when Kaiki said that "Did he get inflicted with a reverse curse". Its amazing to see how far ahead Nisio Isin planned for something like this. RIP Kaiki.
Feb 27, 2021 3:35 PM

Apr 2020
Kaiki you are fantastic!T_T

Great ending...I really loved this season!

I really loved the emotional episodes of this season!
I was never a Hachikuji fan but I almost cried while watching that episode!

ost of this show is really great!

I will remember this season forever and now I am a monogatari fan! :)
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Mar 18, 2021 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
Great arc, Kaiki is probably my favourite character right now.
Mar 20, 2021 8:30 AM

May 2014
In my opinion, the ending was quite befitting to both the arc and the whole season. Very satisfying, though it probably ended with a tragic end. It was a satisfying end, but let's analyze the ep.

On the contrary, I thought Nadeko would kill Kaiki at the instant she revealed that she didn't get deceived. But looks like I was totally wrong, which actually wouldn't make sense because by that logic she should have killed him the moment she met him. Anyways, a perverted manga collection is the last thing I would imagine would be Kaiki's triumph card. Nevertheless, it worked very well. Also, I love how the color of her dress changed from white to red and back to white
. A great way to show by the color of red that her blood lust went up along with her vicious intent. But once her secret was revealed the color of her skirt got changed back to white. In other words, she went back to being an innocent, cute, and embarrassed girl, aka. a pure girl. The face she makes when she realizes that there is other important stuff in life besides Araragi was adorable
On a different note, I really liked the shot we got of Senjougahra when Kaiki was indirectly referring to her
. Also very cute and funny to see how embarrassed Kaiki got when Senjougahara asked if he was in love with her. LOL.

However, that tragic end was so unexpected
. The VA of the perpetrator sounded like Kanbaru, but there was no connection to her since the person didn't wear the bandage. I just hope he isn't dead, which is hard to believe after such a fatal blow. Nonetheless, this is anime. If he is too important to die, they will pull a string to make him come back to life, which I hope is the case. :D

Like the other arcs, the animation was superb. The character development was also amazing. I liked Kaiki's arc best, but Hachikuji's arc was also very good/sad. Also, Oshino's arc was alright, though it was a bit dragged. All in all, a fine 8/9, just like the previous season. It lived up to the Monogatari standards. Next, is Hanamonogatari where we will see more Kanbaru. This is gonna be fun.
Mar 20, 2021 8:34 AM

May 2014
giganta said:
I want to say R.I.P Kaiki but these suggestive comments are giving me hope. Can maybe someone tell me if he's still alive? ^^
Can't wait until the next arc.

Just go to monogatari wikia. There are probably answers there, but I don't want to spoil for myself. :P
Mar 23, 2021 10:15 AM

Oct 2016
Fucking amazing finale and amazing season! Honestly, when we first met Kaiki in Nise, I didn't get why people like him so much, but as we went along and saw more of him, I started to understand and now after this arc, he's definitely one of my favorite characters now, not just in Monogatari, but in general. He really be the most realest person in this show, because he's a fake.

Bruh, of all the things, I did not expect a manga artist, it's so ridiculously brilliant, I thought to myself, there must have been hints towards that, but nah, Sengoku just hid it to well, her true dream. Wonder if we'll see Nadeko become a manga artist and move on from Araragi in the future arcs. Damn, if I didn't watch in Novel order I would be more shocked about that ending, but I still was, the execution was fantastic. Though we are not really sure if everything that happened in this arc is how it really happened, as Kaiki said, don't believe everything he says. I am really going to miss Kaiki.

Man, this season was amazing, my favorite so far. 10/10
sKyBlazer08Mar 23, 2021 10:21 AM
Mar 26, 2021 5:14 PM
May 2019
So far this is the Best season for Monogatari from what i've seen !
Solid 9/10
Shinobu Op was the best at least for me :)
Best Arc is the the last one for sure
Apr 26, 2021 2:55 AM

Jul 2019
This season really peaked in the last arc. Kaiki's probably my favorite character in the series now. In comparison, Araragi continues to look naive as hell when it comes to making those kind of decisions. It has been a very long season it took me a while to finish it because Monogatari series for me always needed certain mood to focus on the conversations cuz if you're not its a waste to watch.
May 10, 2021 6:51 PM
Feb 2014
The whole of Monogatari Season 2 was a step up from the previous seasons imo but Kaiki's arc and the conclusion was what took it over the top. I kinda wished I had continued after watching Bake, it was confusing but you really get used to the style of the show and appreciate its presentation the more you're exposed.

Kaiki was so charismatic throughout the whole thing. I knew it was gonna be good when Senjougahara threw that orange juice at him, but I didn't think he would be the character he turned out to be. He ended up being an anti-hero that I really rooted for. The speech he gave to Nadeko was weirdly uplifting and the whole thing was a twist I didn't see coming at all. When he died too, it was just perfect and I'm pretty sure there was something ironic about the whole thing.

I'm also somewhat curious about the whole arc when he had that relationship with Senjougahara and helped her out, especially because of the revelations from Ononoki. I know it was touched on previously so I might have to go back to see if I see those scenes differently.
Jun 4, 2021 7:19 AM

Feb 2020

I understand why people love Kaiki so much. He is a great character. He confirmed to me that I largely prefer a pragmatic mc to an idealistic one (no offense Araragi, you're still great). I also loved how enigmatic he is, even if it is quite obvious he is a good guy playing the bad guy role, it is still hard to know when he is truly saying the truth. And yeah, he is a good guy. Very admirable despite the bad things he did.

I wonder who was the student who attacked him, the fact that they didn't show his face intrigues me. What's kinda crazy is that whoever that is, this person's voice reminded me of Ougi's. This student actually being her barely makes any sense to me, at least based on my theories regarding her character, but in the end we don't know her yet so I'm still keeping this theory in a little part of my brain even if I don't really believe in it. What intrigues me even more is that Kaiki made a connection between this student and Ougi, at first I thought the thing about the voice was just a coincidence but when he mentionned her, I realized I'm probably not that far from the truth. What's also interesting is that Kaiki considered the possiblity that the one who attacked him is the one who cast a spell on Nadeko back in Bakemonogatari (I'm guessing he's referring to this event), if he is right and Ougi isn't the aggressor then it looks like this new character will have an importance in the story, they wouldn't make him so mysterious otherwise.
But then who is he ? And what is his connection with Ougi ? Kaiki did say that a middle-school student mentionned her but as far as I remember no one did other than Hanekawa so... Okay I give up, I'm lost. I'm just gonna wait for an answer.

Other than this mindblowing ending (that was great by itself), I have to say this episode was great. I like the development it provided to Nadeko (even if I criticized her arc, I really don't consider her a bad character) and Kaiki was great. And overall, this arc was probably one of my favorites of the whole series.

So thanks to this arc, my score for this season goes from 7 to 8/10. Tsubasa Tiger was great, Mayoi Jiangshi very good, Nadeko Medusa very messy but still interesting, Shinobu Time very good (even if I find it a shame it didn't actually focus on Shinobu after the first two episodes), and Hitagi End was great. That makes for a very good season ! I'm looking forward to Tsukimonogatari (I've been waiting for a Yotsugi arc), and even more to Owarimonogatari (I'm very hyped for more Ougi and just as hyped for the Sodachi arc).

Edit : (Warning : I wrote a huge wall of text because I suddenly came up with new theories. And when I have theories I can go on for hours.) I just rewatched the last scene because I'm still very confused at what happened and uh... I think I'm the dumbest of the dumbest theorists ever to exist. Why ? Because the first, the very first thing the student who attacked Kaiki said was "Ougi was right" ! How did I manage not to see that ?! I have absolutely no idea but needless to say I feel incredibly stupid now since at least half of my questions can be answered with that single line. The one who attacked Kaiki isn't Ougi (he actually doesn't even sound like her now that I rewatch it, he sounds more like Kanbaru actually (though that might explain the confusion since I always thought these two have slightly similar voices)), the student Kaiki mentionned is this one since he did mention Ougi (so nothing to do with Hanekawa), and I think it also confirms that the student is the one behind Nadeko's curse since now I really don't see who else that could be. But at the same time it also raises even more questions. I understand the middle schooler's motivations but what would be Ougi's ? Did she really set up Kaiki's murder ? What for ? In what way would his death be beneficial to her ? Does this have something to do with Oshino ? After all Kaiki was wondering what he was doing right before getting hit... Also, even with this info about Ougi it still doesn't explain why they aren't showing the aggressor's face. Could it be that it is still someone we know ? Kanbaru ? That makes no sense... But I don't see anyone else who sounds like that. And one last thing, I really wonder if Gaen has something to do with all this mess. It still surprises me that despite her threat flying above Kaiki's head the whole arc, in the end she just let him get away with disobeying. What would be the point of this threat if nothing happens at the end (at least nothing that concerns her) ? When I think about it, could it be that her forbidding Kaiki to work on the Nadeko case wasn't an actual threat but an hidden warning, a way for her to keep Kaiki safe because she knew about his upcoming murder ? If that is so then could it mean that if Kaiki didn't get himself involve with Nadeko, no one would've attacked him ? Wait a second, it kind of makes sense. Ougi is the one who led Nadeko to the snake god, she clearly wanted her to awaken him and use him, possibly with the actual intent that Nadeko would turn into a goddess herself. I have no idea why she would want that, but whatever is the reason, it might explain her motivations behind Kaiki's murder : she didn't want him to mess with Nadeko's current condition. If he let her alone, she would've let him alone, but he didn't and so, this happened. ...No there's something that isn't right. If her motivations were that she wanted to prevent Kaiki from performing an exorcism on Nadeko, she would've made the student attack him before it happened, not after when it was already done. I still believe this whole thing has something to do with Ougi having pushed Nadeko right into the snake's fangs, but the rest doesn't make sense. However I'm 100% convinced Gaen knew about it (she knows everything after all), and that it is why she forbid him from accepting Senjougahara's mission, because she wanted to protect him. For how much of a jerk she is, I really doubt she would let her college friend get murdered without attempting anything. Now there is one last question I have in mind, which is who was following Kaiki ? Was it Gaen's spies, the middle-schooler, Ougi ? If this is Gaen's doing then it could be an attempt at bodyguarding Kaiki but then the job is a total failure. And if this is either the middle-schooler or Ougi... Well that's terrifying.
Now with all that said, the middle-schooler did say Ougi is the one who told him Kaiki is back, but he didn't directly say she charged him to murder Kaiki so she might very well not actually want him dead but you know... That's Ougi we're talking about. I really doubt she casually told a middle-schooler (someone who as far as we know is related neither to Ougi nor to Araragi, but is directly related to Nadeko) that the object of his hatred is back in town without having anything in mind. Whether she charged him of Kaiki's murder or he did it by himself with Ougi's info in mind, there's no way she didn't want for that to happen.

Edit 2 : I just rewatched the whole scene (I initally just watched the beginning), and I really wonder how I managed to completely miss all the important informations (actually I think I know, I didn't expect for Kaiki to die like that, I was too shocked to think correctly). There is one thing I forgot, which is that Kaiki denied the possibility for the middle-schooler to be the one who followed him this whole time, because he wouldn't be smart enough to do so. And then he realized the one who could've followed him is the one the middle-schooler mentionned, which is Ougi. Ougi followed him this whole time. That's creepy. That's creepy, and that implies so many things. She checked on Kaiki the entire arc, that means I was right, it does have something to do with Kaiki getting involved with Nadeko. Ougi most likely checked this whole time if he would go on with his plan (which is when Gaen tried to prevent him from going further), and when it turned out he wouldn't stop she decided to act, through making an already vengeful and very vulnerable middle-schooler go and attack him. But with that there are two questions :
-In what way would it be beneficial to her if Kaiki already performed the exorcism ?
-It seems awfully convenient for her that Gaen tried to prevent him from getting involved with Nadeko, could it be that Gaen and her are actually working together ? I really doubt it but still... (At first I thought the warnings might've been coming from Ougi who passed herself as Gaen (if I remember correctly both Kaiki and Senjougahara received messages from "Gaen" that told them to stop the mission), but considering that Ononoki is the one who first told him about that, even repeating what Gaen told her and mimicking her tone while doing so, it doesn't make much sense... I'm still considering this theory because overall it still makes more sense to me than for Gaen and Ougi to be working together.)

And look at me spending all my time making up theories for an anime that aired years ago. You guys must think I'm either stupid or crazy. You are right. But let's be honest, it's fun.
FafetteJun 22, 2021 4:15 PM
Aug 17, 2021 12:48 AM
Jun 2020
^^ what the heck ? Lmao

Anyway just finished the season and was immensely impressed, this is considered a top anime on this site and I must admit rightly so. MAL has great taste for great writing and this is now one of my top 10 favorites, I enjoyed how in every arc they managed to tell through a different “main character” and each character had an interesting narrative and writing to carry their own weight in a great story. Respect for the writers to have the courage to kill off characters too, especially after building him up to be so well done (referring to Kaiki) I’m looking forward to watching the rest of this series !
Aug 17, 2021 2:53 AM

Jan 2021
Not all hero’s wear capes

Rip Kaiki
:(
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Sep 2, 2021 4:19 AM
Aug 2021
RIP Kaiki you can take best girl, best boy, best waifu and best husbando for this series:(
Kaiki's speech definitely felt like something a parent would say to their child. It was quite optimistic and to the point.
So Nadeko wants to become a manga artist and she had gotten the curse from another middle school kid and Senjougahara was the one who left the letter in Kaiki's room.
This season overall was better than Bake for me.
A solid 9/10
A ranking list of the arcs in this season:-
1.Nekomonogatari Shiro
2.Koimonogatari
3.Otorimonogatari
4.Kabukimonogatari
5.Onimonogatari

What a wonderful quote!Totally agree with that one.
"A woman I know well always treats her current romance as if it's her first. She always looks like she's never fallen in love with someone before. And that's the right way to go. That's how it should be."
-Facktack-Sep 2, 2021 4:25 AM
Sep 12, 2021 10:05 AM
May 2020
NOOOOO KAIKI NOOOOOO!!!!
Oct 2, 2021 9:54 PM

Feb 2014
Rewatching the whole Monogatari series in chronological order has been such an amazing experience.
Everything makes so much sense and all the little details from one arc transpiring in another add to the story in such a beautiful manner.
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2013

320 by SouthRzVa »»
May 3, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

257 by SouthRzVa »»
May 1, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

165 by SouthRzVa »»
May 1, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

432 by Kiikani »»
Apr 25, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.