Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 27, 2013 1:58 PM

Nov 2013
Anime has always been shitty
Dec 27, 2013 2:00 PM

Nov 2013
better, i'm not one of those pessimistic "back in my day" golden era idiots that thinks modern works like taylor swift and iron man are complete shit and the only "good" art is random crap like louis armstrong and sean connery from the 60s.
Dec 27, 2013 2:08 PM

Dec 2013
AstronomyDomine said:
Why_Envy_Bro said:
i can't think of anything else worth watching in the past 3 years..

There are many worth anime which happened to be released around the mentioned years.

But take a look at Sakamichi no Apollon, at least. I bet you may enjoy it a lot if you like more realistic and original approaches for anime stories
that anime looks rather boring. but i might give it a shot
Dec 27, 2013 2:08 PM

Nov 2010
Dark_Divider said:
Red_Keys said:
geralt said:
Red_Keys said:
>Joined: Oct 2012

Really dude?

Right, because he couldn't have been an anime fan before joining MAL...
I'm talking about the fact that he's been here for over a year, and yet still has the audacity to create this fucking thread that's done at least once a month and always gets locked because it's pointless and redundant as all hell.

Pretty sure you can tell by his post count that he doesn't lurk the forums like the rest of us do though. Would've thought you'd have taken that into consideration before blurting out that statement.
How much you lurk =/= post count. There are people who lurk all the time and don't even have accounts or barely any posts.
Dec 27, 2013 2:19 PM

May 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Dark_Divider said:
Red_Keys said:
geralt said:
Red_Keys said:

Really dude?

I'm talking about the fact that he's been here for over a year, and yet still has the audacity to create this fucking thread that's done at least once a month and always gets locked because it's pointless and redundant as all hell.

Pretty sure you can tell by his post count that he doesn't lurk the forums like the rest of us do though. Would've thought you'd have taken that into consideration before blurting out that statement.
How much you lurk =/= post count. There are people who lurk all the time and don't even have accounts or barely any posts.

I guess. I mean of course it happens, that cannot be denied, but I don't think it's likely that a person reads a bunch of threads without feeling the need to input their own opinion, especially considering the anonymity we all have, which means not as many consequences.
Dec 27, 2013 3:01 PM

Aug 2013
Why_Envy_Bro said:
that anime looks rather boring. but i might give it a shot

Its synopsis is far from being catchy. At first, it grabbed my attention mainly and only because i'm a huge Jazz fan.

After seeing your list, i'm doubtful whether you'll like it or not. But try to give it a try, at least.

It's certainly a must-see.
Dec 27, 2013 3:22 PM

Oct 2013
ninja88880 said:
2011 was excellent, 2012 was a lot worse, then 2013 was a bit better than 2012.

2012 was just a dead year in anime and gaming.
Dec 28, 2013 4:05 AM

Oct 2012
Red_Keys said:
geralt said:
Red_Keys said:

Really dude?

I am sorry if this thread has been done before. The thing is that I have only started to go on the forums recently. Before I didn't even touch the forum button on mal. Sorry if I made anyone angry...
Memories may fade, but that doesn't mean there isn't any point in making them.
Dec 28, 2013 4:54 AM

Apr 2012
I'm honestly going to say it's getting better. Obviously graphic wise but keep in mind most of the animators have been here awhile so they pretty much know more about anime then we do.

There are some shitty anime and good anime its all up to the viewers.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Dec 28, 2013 5:27 AM

Aug 2012
it's getting better , at least I can find 1,2 or 3 great anime that suit/fit to my taste every year

Dec 28, 2013 5:36 AM

Aug 2009
People dont seem to realize that shitty anime existed even "Back in their days...".

But they forget all those shitty anime,focus on 3 or 4 gems and act as if Japan had created only those "back in their days".
Dec 28, 2013 5:40 AM
Nov 2013
Of course is getting better... The TV series is getting better, video game is getting better, everything is getting better, that's the course of things.
Dec 28, 2013 12:32 PM

Aug 2013
ssjokg said:
People dont seem to realize that shitty anime existed even "Back in their days...".

But they forget all those shitty anime,focus on 3 or 4 gems and act as if Japan had created only those "back in their days".

Ghost in the Shell
Akira
Yu Yu Hakusho
Berserk
Full Metal Alchemist
Samurai Champloo
FLCL
Dragonball
Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Rurouni Kenshin
etc.
etc.

I mean there are more than 2 or 3. And a lot of those would be considered timeless classics (looking at GITS, Akira, Bebop, Eva, YYH, DB,Champloo, etc.) that will always be remembered, talked about, and referred to for generations to come.

Guimend said:
Of course is getting better... The TV series is getting better, video game is getting better, everything is getting better, that's the course of things.

That's...really illogica imhol. Things can get worse or have low/lower points, anime aside.
Dec 28, 2013 12:34 PM

Sep 2013
If I take a look at the rebuilds of evangelion and compare them with the potential story NGE has left it to be used, no, it's definitely not getting better.
Internet-piracy is the cancer of Anime, leechers need to get caught and die out!
Dec 28, 2013 12:47 PM

Aug 2013
newsWatch9 said:
If I take a look at the rebuilds of evangelion and compare them with the potential story NGE has left it to be used, no, it's definitely not getting better.

Ok well the Rebuilds are based on the original Evangelion are they not? Hell, the entire first movie was purely a retelling of the early events of Eva.

We'd be having a more sensible thing to talk about imo if you said "well there's a bunch of series like anime x,y,z,w,l, etc. that are recent that make Eva look like it's devoid of any sense of artistry/is much better than what you mentioned because this and that".

Idk it's just not the way I personally see it. Of course animation is going to be improved but in terms of anime I see that aren't already remakes/retellings of anime that were already done years ago and in terms of those anime being as well done I'm saying things are a little scarcer then they used to be.
Dec 28, 2013 12:59 PM

Nov 2010
Champloo_Remix said:
I mean there are more than 2 or 3. And a lot of those would be considered timeless classics (looking at GITS, Akira, Bebop, Eva, YYH, DB,Champloo, etc.) that will always be remembered, talked about, and referred to for generations to come.
Like Forgetfullness said, that's like in a span of 15 or 20 years. And do you know about the stuff that came out while those were coming out? All those series? There was a lot but most people won't know of them, why? Because we forget about the crap of the past.
Dec 28, 2013 1:00 PM

Aug 2009
Champloo_Remix said:
ssjokg said:

Ghost in the Shell
Akira
Yu Yu Hakusho
Berserk
Full Metal Alchemist
Samurai Champloo
FLCL
Dragonball
Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Rurouni Kenshin
etc.
etc.

First of all classic=/=good.

If Dragonball came out now,it would be the the new hyped series that everyone trash talks in the forums.
Runouni Kenshin sucks after the Kyoto arc.
Etc

And the anime you posted range from 1988 to 2005.
There are many titles from 2005 til now that are as good if not better.As I said, people to ignore the shit.

Champloo_Remix said:

Idk it's just not the way I personally see it. Of course animation is going to be improved but in terms of anime I see that aren't already remakes/retellings of anime that were already done years ago and in terms of those anime being as well done I'm saying things are a little scarcer then they used to be.

Can you mention anything else except NGE,HxH and FMA?
Unless if you mean that only those are good.
Dec 28, 2013 1:03 PM

Jul 2013
They are getting okay.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2013 1:19 PM

Aug 2013
I know the anime I listed covers a long stretch of time but I feel like that's a testament to that type of anime coming out the woodwork fairly consistently over time. I mean you have Akira from the late 80's and stuff from the early 90's, late 90's, early 2000's, and some mid 2000's. I mean I think that's a testament to consistency over time if anything. Clearly I'm not saying all anime has been good over the years. Any point in the history of anime there's ALWAYS been plenty of mediocre/not so great anime but the point I'm really trying to get at I guess is sort of...

How good/best is the good/best back THEN and really over the years compared to the good/best of today?

That's all I'm trying to get at.

@ssjjokg

The reason I even addressed remakes/retellings was newswatch picked the Eva rebuilds out of anything to bring up when addressing what I was saying.

My wording was a little stuffy put the just of what I was saying that if the rebuilds are kind of not the right example to use in taking the "today's anime is superior on average".
Dec 28, 2013 1:29 PM

Aug 2009
With the stretch of time you did you leave only 9 years to pick anime from compared to the 16 you picked from.

And you cant have an unbiased comparison.Many of the "good" ones, set the tropes for today's anime but if you overlook that they are as bad as some of today's shit anime.Some are considered better than today's anime just because they were revolutionary 20 or 25 years ago.
Dec 28, 2013 1:41 PM

Nov 2013
Your going to judge if anime is getting better or worse on if it's progressing or descending based on your person interests. For example; I dislike most Yuri, so if a shit ton of Yuri anime adaptions come out that year anime would be getting "worse" based off of my majority dislike in Yuri opposed to if a shit ton of Yaoi came out in which I have a heavy liking for. Furthermore this question is extremely subjective.
stupidfucker said:
Screw you, 'moshimoshikitty', you fucked up my thread.

Dec 28, 2013 2:22 PM

Apr 2010
There's no pattern. All that's relevant is an individuals opinion.

I personally like all the recent stuff, but I wouldn't say it's better or worse.
Dec 28, 2013 3:00 PM

Sep 2012
You cant just say anime is getting better or worse when anime is such a varied topic to begin with, with different people liking it for different reasons and genres. It's just too opinionated of a topic to be expressed as a fact. It may be getting worse or better compared to the standards set in people's heads of it and why they like it, but that doesn't mean that anime as a whole is getting better or worse.

The question should not be about anime getting better or worse.

Its that anime is growing and changing, and can you adapt with that change? Or will you let your nostalgia and stubbornness get the better of you?
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Dec 28, 2013 5:04 PM

Dec 2009
Don't over think this, this goes for everyone.
Anime hasn't gone worse or better. I'm not saying its the same but, nothing too special happened. In a way its still the same, the graphics have gone better obviously. As usual new great stories for the new generations are being born.
So its always the same.

One generation to the next goes more to one genre than the other.
To me, its fine.
Dec 28, 2013 5:06 PM

Dec 2009
Korrvo said:
The question should not be about anime getting better or worse.

Its that anime is growing and changing, and can you adapt with that change? Or will you let your nostalgia and stubbornness get the better of you?
Best thing to say in this thread.
Dec 28, 2013 5:12 PM

Apr 2011
Right. Visual-wise, it's definitely getting better.

Story-wise... not sure if getting lower or it's just my standards are getting higher.
Dec 28, 2013 5:49 PM
Mar 2012
Champloo_Remix said:
ssjokg said:

Ghost in the Shell
Akira
Yu Yu Hakusho
Berserk
Full Metal Alchemist
Samurai Champloo
FLCL
Dragonball
Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Rurouni Kenshin
etc.
etc.

Of that list at least three can be removed, especially FlCL which I really dislike. You can call it interesting, or pretty, but it in and of itself is not a good series imo.

Plus you're pulling from way back in that list, I'd say the % of good series to bad series has remained pretty much the same, we just get more of both now and not all of them suite everyone's tastes.
Dec 28, 2013 6:16 PM

Apr 2012
lonelyintrovert said:
There is no doubt that anime is looking better with each coming year. Animations are more advanced, and the overall art is better. But recently there have been many people that say that anime is becoming more bland with each coming year. With animes that focus too much on moe. Romance scenarios that have been done a dozen times, and shounens that feel repetitive. They feel that anime is getting worse with each coming year. So what do you think? Are recent anime getting better or worse?

Edit: For people angry at me for creating threads that have been done before I have only started to actually watch the forums recently. So I didn't know that this thread was done before. Sorry if I made anyone angry.

Don't worry about it. Always angry people like that.

SmashTehCookie said:
Quality of anime in general isn't constant. One year/season can have bunch of awesome anime, while next can be shit. Right now it is going downhill.

Some years are better than others. No one can predict which year is going to be good and which year is bad, and it is subjective anyways.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 28, 2013 6:34 PM
Dec 2013
It's getting worse.
Dec 28, 2013 6:41 PM

Apr 2013
Anime needs a gritty anime set in feudal Japan with lots of politics and action
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime girls with the best butt

Hentai_Szimi - Nov 25, 2023

36 by Hentai_Szimi »»
29 seconds ago

» Would you pay an Extra Dollar to unlock Subtitles on Anime Service?

Dragevard - 2 minutes ago

0 by Dragevard »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

80 by MadanielFL »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime you regret not watching sooner

ST63LTH - 2 hours ago

12 by FanofAction »»
16 minutes ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6?

Akuya - 4 hours ago

34 by Strayfe »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.