Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Nov 25 - Dec 1

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 3, 2013 1:00 PM

Sep 2011
hpulley said:
Sury said:
Does anybody know whether and when the OST for Monogatari SS will be released?
The OST is included in bonus discs in the Bluray/DVD volumes.

For Bakemonogatari they did a songs and soundtracks 2 disc set but they never did one for Nisemonogatari so I don't know if they'll do one again for Monogatari SS.
Would be a shame if they didn't. This season has some really great pieces of music.
Dec 3, 2013 1:32 PM

Sep 2012
Sury said:
hpulley said:
Sury said:

For Bakemonogatari they did a songs and soundtracks 2 disc set but they never did one for Nisemonogatari so I don't know if they'll do one again for Monogatari SS.
Would be a shame if they didn't. This season has some really great pieces of music.
Note that they have re-used many soundtracks from Bake, Nise and Neko Kuro and I don't think they are repeating them on the discs so for the full soundtrack I expect you'll need the other CDs anyways.
Dec 3, 2013 4:04 PM

Sep 2011
hpulley said:
Sury said:
hpulley said:
Sury said:

Note that they have re-used many soundtracks from Bake, Nise and Neko Kuro and I don't think they are repeating them on the discs so for the full soundtrack I expect you'll need the other CDs anyways.

I'm aware of this to a certain degree. But from the reused material there are also a couple of (slightly) changed tracks which where made to fit the individual situations, like the Kaiki theme. And I like some of those more than the original ones.

Of course I might have missed some. In particular the first song that was played during the Kaiki x Nadeko conversation comes to my mind. It might have been used in earlier situations, but probably I haven't noticed it that much back then, because it didn't have the same effect on me during the scenes where it had been used earlier.

Please notice, that I haven't been very interested in the Monogatari OST before this season, until it somehow clicked for me, so I might need a little help here.
Dec 3, 2013 4:06 PM

Sep 2012
Guys how is Highschool DxD New doing right now? Are the sales good enough for a third season or are they unsatisfactory?
Dec 3, 2013 4:33 PM

Oct 2007
Reverb_Shock said:
Guys how is Highschool DxD New doing right now? Are the sales good enough for a third season or are they unsatisfactory?
They most definitely are. What's very important, DxD has incredibly consistent sales so next season shouldn't drop by much, that's a huge plus for this show. I hope they announce it soon.
Dec 3, 2013 5:02 PM

Jul 2010
So happy for Monogatari!! it's not as good as Bake, but it's still very good, so im satisfied.Hopefully Koimonogatari will sell even better.If not then i'll happy anyway :D (just dont sell less!)
Dec 3, 2013 6:29 PM

Oct 2012
Yay for Yahari and Kiniro~

They should just announce a second season for Yahari already.

Dec 3, 2013 6:35 PM

Sep 2012
Takei_Hisa said:
They should just announce a second season for Yahari already.
Most of the LN were adapted into anime though.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 3, 2013 7:13 PM

Sep 2012
Yahari has at least a couple of novels worth to use now.Four more and we can do season two. A year and a half or so...
---
So, just how much did they cut from Hanekawa's letter? I knew from reading it but I still would not have imagined that Yui Horie would read it in character for FORTY FOUR MINUTES! Tsubasa Tiger v2 bonus audio is the whole letter and it is more than two episodes worth of monologue.

v2 also has summary episode one in full HD 1080p with 24-bit 48KHz audio lke episodes 4-5, two non credit EDs, audio commentary written by Nisioisin with characters Tsuhiki and Nedeko, not as good as girls talk by Hitagi and Hanekawa on v1 but it has some funny moments including mention of Kizumonogatari whn Episode is on. CD2 has 17 excellent OST tracks and 30 minutes of atogatari by Koyomi and Hanekawa seiyuu.
Dec 3, 2013 8:02 PM
Sep 2012
Though I'm not fond of their single, I still have to congratulate Sphere for making it to #15.

While the only single I truly care about is this:
tsubasalover said:
*17. *9,907 **9,907 Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai ED "Maware! Setsugetsuka" by Hitomi Harada, Ai Kayano, & Yui Ogura
YES! It's too bad, though, that these two good songs are so far down the list:
tsubasalover said:
*67. *1,551 **7,252 Nagi no Asukara ED "Aqua Terrarium" by Nagi Yanagi
*68. *1,509 *15,793 Golden Time OP "Golden Time" by Yui Horie
IconicDec 3, 2013 8:29 PM
Dec 3, 2013 8:19 PM

Oct 2007
Ah so this is the week where people start jacking it to Monogatari sales again. I swear MAL is disturbingly in love with this franchise.

GarLogan78 said:

IDK why people keep lamenting over Monogatari sales. They are still amazing, even if they don't live up to S1. Even if it dropped to below 30k it would still be amazing.

I've commented many times about how there seems to be a group of people that think the anime world revolves around the Monogatari franchise and anything less than record breaking sales is a travesty of some sort. It's an ego thing IMO.

Love Live being left off the list is hardly surprising by the way. Why would people ever acknowledge the successes of a Namco Bandai/Sunrise franchise considering they're the bad guys to be trashed on by the community? I keep insisting that if it doesn't have Kyoani or SHAFT's name on the product most people (emphasis on most) don't really care and I'm not seeing terribly much evidence to the contrary still. The symbv's and HPulleys and what not of the board are the exceptions IMO so thanks for getting those numbers out there.

One more observation I would make is Love Live seems to be another one of those series that completely ignores the rule of subsequent volumes sell less. Thanks to it being a multimedia franchise it's number kind of seem to be all over the place with Volumes 6 and 7 still regularly creeping into the top 100 anime.
PeacingOutDec 3, 2013 8:37 PM
Dec 3, 2013 8:27 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
Though I'm not fond of their single, I still have to congratulate Sphere for making it to #15.

tsubasalover said:
*17. *9,907 **9,907 Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai ED "Maware! Setsugetsuka" by Hitomi Harada, Ai Kayano, & Yui Ogura
YES! It's too bad, though, that these two god songs are so far down the list:
tsubasalover said:
Remember to look at the total, not just this week's rank. Golden Time OP/ED CD is doing well.

I too am very pleased about Maware! Setsugekka. Fun, catchy song! Glad it got good first week sales.
hpulleyDec 3, 2013 8:35 PM
Dec 3, 2013 8:36 PM
Sep 2012
hpulley said:
AiCon said:

tsubasalover said:
tsubasalover said:
Remember to look at the total, not just this week's rank. Golden Time OP/ED CD is doing well.

I too am very pleased about Maware! Setsugetsuka. Fun, catchy song! Glad it got good first week sales.
I'm not familiar with how much sales equals success, but I do know that "Maware! Setsugetsuka" has almost 10,000 in its first week, while "Golden Time" has been out for at least a couple of weeks - yet only has more than 15,000 total.
Dec 3, 2013 8:46 PM

Apr 2013
Kyoukai no Kanata's ED Theme didn't chart? =(

Dec 3, 2013 10:08 PM

Sep 2012
melina_putri said:
I wonder how Coppelion Vol.1 and Diabolik Lover Vol.1 sold. Looks like both of them didn't rank.
Coppelion is going to sell poorly but Diabolik Lover will show a substantial underestimation by Oricon because the BD/DVD is sold only via Animate, Stella Works and the anime's own online shop. Among these only the sales from Animate will be tallied by Oricon.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 3, 2013 10:10 PM
Mar 2012
symbv said:
melina_putri said:
I wonder how Coppelion Vol.1 and Diabolik Lover Vol.1 sold. Looks like both of them didn't rank.
Coppelion is going to sell poorly but Diabolik Lover will show a substantial underestimation by Oricon because the BD/DVD is sold only via Animate, Stella Works and the anime's own online shop. Among these only the sales from Animate will be tallied by Oricon.

Wasn't Diabolik Lovers DVD only? I guess it sold less than 638 at Animate then.

Too bad I can see how much Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000% Vol.6 and Brothers Conflict Vol.4 being released in same week affecting its sales.
Dec 3, 2013 10:15 PM

May 2011
rederoin said:

6.5k -> 6.6k -> 7.5k Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio

A pretty good show. Sort of glad fans are overlooking the CG animation Manga is way better though.

rederoin said:

2.3k -> 4k -> 4.5k Kyoukai no Kanata

I think the numbers are matching the quality of the series. It started off weak. But it's really gotten way better as of late.

rederoin said:

7.5k -> 4.3k -> 3.8k Strike the Blood

I think it's the exact opposite here. Concept started off OK. But the story has gotten really 'blah' lately. you thought it might be some "Toaru Majestu no Index" world series. But it's just turning into a boring vampire harem.
rederoin said:

1.1k -> 1.3k Golden Time

I kind of enjoy this series. Sad that it's being panned so bad. I guess from a Otaku's prospective the characters are too old. "Needy college girls Bleh! Where's my preteens in sailor suits!?"

Maou-Sadao said:
tsubasalover said:

11. *5,209 *5,209 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next Vol.5

it's enough s3 ?

There's not enough source material for a new season. Season 2 pretty much ended at volume 8 and Volume 9 is where it's at now. The average material needed for the series is about 4 volumes per 1 cour/12 episodes.

your looking at least another year before they can think about doing a 3rd season.
Dec 3, 2013 10:22 PM

Sep 2012
melina_putri said:
Wasn't Diabolik Lovers DVD only? I guess it sold less than 638 at Animate then.
You are right. DVD only.

Dec 3, 2013 11:10 PM

Jun 2013
*1. 36,714 36,714 Monogatari Series: Second Season Nekomonogatari (Shiro) Vol.2 Tsubasa Tiger 2 of 2
nice!
i lack on english but, i want to speak!
Dec 4, 2013 12:04 AM

Nov 2007
Hiryu12 said:

I apologize, I somehow missed it.

It's on the ranking.
37 3,724 3,724 Kyoukai no Kanata ED "Daisy" by STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION
tsubasaloverDec 4, 2013 12:12 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 4, 2013 12:11 AM
Oct 2010
Hmm people really like Valvrave S2's OP.. I found it to have too much going on.
Dec 4, 2013 12:32 AM

Oct 2007
skudoops said:
Hmm people really like Valvrave S2's OP.. I found it to have too much going on.

It's better than most IMO. Very rare is it that there's an OP I feel like listening to on it's own much these days, but that's one them I watch every time. IMO the best opening theme song so far this season has been Yowamushi Pedal's. I have little doubt that I'm probably alone in this.
Dec 4, 2013 1:37 AM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
hpulley said:
AiCon said:

tsubasalover said:
tsubasalover said:

I too am very pleased about Maware! Setsugetsuka. Fun, catchy song! Glad it got good first week sales.
I'm not familiar with how much sales equals success, but I do know that "Maware! Setsugetsuka" has almost 10,000 in its first week, while "Golden Time" has been out for at least a couple of weeks - yet only has more than 15,000 total.
Compare with other shows. Golden Time is not a popular show but Yui Horie is fairly popular but not up at Nana Mizuki level but if Golden Time had been sung by a nobody it would be lucky to have 1.5K sales. Compare to the Outbreak Company OP by Mimorin with similar sales because she is popular but again not a Nana Mizuki level seiyuu. But the Outbreak Company ED sold very poorly because the show is not that popular and even coming from GuP the seiyuu is little known.

Maware! Setsugekka is probably the most popular ED of the season, most talked about anyway so it is doing well even though the seiyuu are not that popular. Hitomi sang the OP too and yet it has not yet reached 10K sales.

NouCome OP is talked about and Afilia Saga is very popular so it has very good sales.

TM Revolution and Nana Mizuki singng the phone book would sell 100K...
Dec 4, 2013 1:46 AM

Sep 2012
The 2013 Yearly BD Ranking is out.

Survey period: 2012 Dec 31 - 2013 Nov 10

For the TV series chart, only the bestselling volume from a TV series will be ranked. Also remember, ONLY BDs are counted. The DVD sales are not included in these charts.

TV Series
======
01 51874 Shingeki no Kyojin v1 (Pony Canyon)
02 39208 Love Live v7 (Bandai)
03 38545 Monogatari 2nd season NekoShiro v1 (Aniplex)
04 35961 GirlPan v4 (Bandai)
05 35694 UtaPrince2 v1 (King Record)
06 29723 SAO v4 (Aniplex)
07 20919 Horizon2 v5 (Bandai)
08 20378 IS2 v1 (Overlap)
09 19424 Free v1 (Warner)
10 18781 JoJo v1 (Bandai)

All Format
======
01 397535 Evangelion 3.33 (King Record)
02 *96561 MS Gundam UC v6 (Bandai)
03 *93293 Madoka movies (Aniplex)
04 *65003 Nanoha movie 2nd A's (King Record)
05 *56155 One Piece Film Z - deluxe edition (Pony Canyon)

Dec 4, 2013 1:52 AM

Sep 2012
^^^ LoveLive! v7, amazing power if the event ticket beating Monogatari v1! I own and love both but still fun to compare the apples to oranges franchises in sales.
Dec 4, 2013 1:52 AM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:
Maware! Setsugekka is probably the most popular ED of the season, most talked about anyway so it is doing well even though the seiyuu are not that popular.
What?!?!? Ogura Yui is among the top tier in terms of singles sales and Kayno Ai is very popular too. The only seiyuu that is less well known is Yaya (Harada Hitomi)

hpulley said:
Hitomi sang the OP too and yet it has not yet reached 10K sales.
Yeah, Harada Hitomi is not that well known, though I think she came off quite fine singing that OP.

Dec 4, 2013 1:54 AM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
For the TV series chart, only the bestselling volume from a TV series will be ranked.
Is there any chance we'll get more useful ranking in next few weeks?
Dec 4, 2013 1:54 AM

Mar 2012
Go Nanoha A's movie.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 4, 2013 1:56 AM

Sep 2012
Progeusz said:
symbv said:
For the TV series chart, only the bestselling volume from a TV series will be ranked.
Probably. The charts in my post were from some business magazine so it could be a bit uneven in terms of coverage, as the report is mainly on BD in anime.
symbvDec 4, 2013 2:48 AM

Dec 4, 2013 1:59 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Progeusz said:
symbv said:
Possibly. The charts in my post were from some business magazines so it could be a bit uneven in terms of coverage, as the report is mainly on BD business.

There's a Top 200 BD/Top 500 DVD list that comes out sometime in January 2014 for the 2013 Yearly sales.

Example here:
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=2013182&postcount=295
EjcDec 4, 2013 2:03 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Dec 4, 2013 2:33 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
hpulley said:
Maware! Setsugekka is probably the most popular ED of the season, most talked about anyway so it is doing well even though the seiyuu are not that popular.
What?!?!? Ogura Yui is among the top tier in terms of singles sales and Kayno Ai is very popular too. The only seiyuu that is less well known is Yaya (Harada Hitomi)

hpulley said:
Hitomi sang the OP too and yet it has not yet reached 10K sales.
Yeah, Harada Hitomi is not that well known, though I think she came off quite fine singing that OP.
I love Ai Kayano and Yui was in StyLips but they really did't promote it with their names. Only the little extra paper spine wrapper and deep in the lyrics sheet mentions them. The cover just says Maware! Setsugekka by the Setsugekka Singing Group. But the ED animation and song is such fun that it is talked about a lot for itself, not its seiyuu.

I tio love what Hitomi did with Anicca and enjoy the Neowing extra photo...

This can be compared to the IS2 ED which didn't take advantage of its star power, adding Mimorin did nothing when Beautiful Sky and SUPERººSTREAM are both quite good songs and IS2 itself obviously has a higher profile than Machine Doll. But it has poor sales.... even though it lists the seiyuu in small print.
hpulleyDec 4, 2013 3:03 AM
Dec 4, 2013 2:35 AM

Nov 2007
Oricon Daily All-Genre Top 30 DVD/Top 20 BD Rankings for Dec 3.

DVD
**2 **3 **4 **5 **6 **7 **8  週
*** **2 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Free!4
*** *12 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | ONE PIECE 15th Season Gyojintou-hen 13
*** *14 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | ONE PIECE 15th Season Gyojintou-hen 14
*** *15 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Doraemon Nobita no Himitsu Dougu Museum Movie
*** *24 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Hataraku Maou-sama!6
*** *27 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Naruto Shippuuden Ninkai Taisen 4
**5 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Aikatsu!7
**9 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | UtaPri 2000% 6
*14 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Detective Conan Movie 17 Special Edition
*20 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Detective Conan Movie 17 Standard Edition

BD
**2 **3 **4 **5 **6 **7 **8  週
*** **1 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Free!4
*** **2 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Mononoke Hime
*** **3 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Hataraku Maou-sama!6
*** **4 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | SymphogearG 3
*** **5 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Kill Me Baby BOX
*** *13 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Neko no Ongaeshi/Ghiblies episode 2
*** *14 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Pokemon The Origin
*** *19 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | WataMote!3
*** *20 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Doraemon Nobita no Himitsu Dougu Museum Movie
**5 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | UtaPri 2000% 6
**6 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | NekoShiro 2
**9 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | OreGairu. 6
*12 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | RailgunS 5
*13 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | OreImo. 6
*16 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Date A Live 6
*17 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Hidamari Sketch Sae Hiro Sotsugyou-hen
*20 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Dec 4, 2013 2:37 AM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:
I love Ai Kayano and Yui was in StyLips but they really did't promote it with their names. Only the little extra paper spine wrapper and deep in the lyrics sheet mentions them. The cover just says Maware! Setsugekka by the Setsugekka Singing Group. But the ED animation and song is such fun that it is talked about a lot for itself, not its seiyuu.
Well, I would say just the name of Ogura and Kayano would help sell the single to some extent if the song is a good one. I am sure most anime fans who bought the single would have known that Kayano and Ogura are there singing the song. Besides, whether their names were promoted has very little to do with what you said ("so it is doing well even though the seiyuu are not that popular"), no? Because the simple fact is that the seiyuu singing the ED are mostly very popular.

How much (or little) a seiyuu's popularity helps the single sales is one thing; whether the seiyuu are popular or not is entirely something else.

Dec 4, 2013 2:52 AM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
Progeusz said:
symbv said:
Probably. The charts in my post were from some business magazine so it could be a bit uneven in terms of coverage, as the report is mainly on BD in anime.
Good. I was worried it would replace yearly lists from previous years, especially because LN and manga lists came out recently and I didn't remember when BD/DVD lists come out. Thanks symbv and Ejc.
Dec 4, 2013 2:55 AM

Oct 2007
So is Love Live the most popular Sunrise Studio 8 show to date in terms of disc sales? It just seems to continually get more and more successful even though it ended pretty early on this year.
Dec 4, 2013 2:58 AM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
Well, I would say just the name of Ogura and Kayano would help sell the single to some extent if the song is a good one. I am sure most anime fans who bought the single would have known that Kayano and Ogura are there singing the song.
While they certainly are very popular seiyuu, are you sure they're also popular for their music?
Dec 4, 2013 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
Happy to see Illya do work, I can now hope for more.

tsubasalover said:

*21. *8,637 **8,637 Kuroko no Basket Character Song (Makoto Hanamiya) "Mad Breaker" by Jun Fukuyama

It grew on me lol. He and Yuya Matsushita are some of the only males that do that.
Dec 4, 2013 3:03 AM

Sep 2012
Progeusz said:
symbv said:
Well, I would say just the name of Ogura and Kayano would help sell the single to some extent if the song is a good one. I am sure most anime fans who bought the single would have known that Kayano and Ogura are there singing the song.
While they certainly are very popular seiyuu, are you sure they're also popular for their music?
Of course I am sure - at least for Ogura. Let's me give you this list:

This is the latest sales of female seiyuu singles released under their own name

女性声優最新シングル累計 11/26(☆はランクイン中)
*81,793 2013/08 水樹奈々   Vitalization
*30,200 2013/04 田村ゆかり  Fantastic future
*24,304 2013/05 小倉唯     Baby Sweet Berry Love
*17,926 2013/05 井口裕香   Grow Slowly
*16,648 2013/10 三森すずこ  ユニバーページ☆
*16,268 2013/08 喜多村英梨  Birth
*15,517 2013/10 茅原実里   境界の彼方 ☆
*15,445 2013/08 高垣彩陽   Next Destination
*15,119 2013/01 花澤香菜   Silent Snow
*14,284 2013/11 堀江由衣   Golden Time ☆
*11,443 2013/08 三澤紗千香  リンクス
*11,197 2013/08 坂本真綾   はじまりの海
*10,870 2013/01 竹達彩奈   時空ツアーズ
**9,246 2013/07 戸松遥     PACHI PACHI PARTY
**8,470 2013/11 原田ひとみ  Anicca ☆
**8,115 2013/07 小松未可子  終わらないメロディーを歌いだしました。
**7,692 2013/08 豊崎愛生   CHEEKY
**7,002 2013/07 上坂すみれ  げんし、女子は、たいようだった。
**5,359 2013/11 日笠陽子   Seek Diamonds ☆
**5,122 2013/08 中島愛     ありがとう
**4,732 2013/11 寿美菜子   pretty fever ☆
**3,797 2013/05 野水いおり  SAVE THE WORLD
**3,174 2013/01 佐土原かおり To Be Continued?
**2,154 2013/10 平野綾     Promise

Ogura is third, just below long time veteran Mizuki Nana and Tamura Yukari. A list made half a year ago also saw Ogura in high place, at 4th, only below Mizuki Nana, Tamura Yukari and Horie Yui, all have much longer singing history.

Indeed Kayano does not have too much of singing career but I am sure a lot of fans are keen on hearing her sing given how popular she is right now. Fact is she has been singing for years under various characters like Mashiro (Sakuraso), Muginami (Rinne no Lagrange), Saori (GirlPan), Lucy (Ser x Ser) or Kirika (SymphogearG) etc but never under her own name. Yet fans are pretty positive about her singing.

Note: In the list above, after Ogura, we have Iguchi Yuka, Mimori Suzuko, Kitamura Eri, Chihara Minori, Takagaki Ayahi, Hanazawa Kana, Horie Yui, Misawa Sachika, Sakamoto Maaya, Taketatsu Ayana before we reach the 10k line.
symbvDec 4, 2013 3:15 AM

Dec 4, 2013 3:10 AM

Sep 2012
^^^ Seems they made an artistic, anti-business case by making Hitomi Yaya instead of Yui. as Komurasaki is a much less prominent character.
Dec 4, 2013 3:17 AM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:
^^^ Seems they made an artistic, anti-business case by making Hitomi Yaya instead of Yui. as Komurasaki is a much less prominent character.
But whenever Komurasaki appeared, fans in Japan went wild. And they kept asking why there is not more Komurasaki. So in one sense Ogura Yui cast as Komurasaki is not a bad thing for her - whenever that character shows up she steals most if not all the limelight. It is not bad for business either - using Ogura Yui only sparingly is enough to hold so much of fans' attention, so perhaps matching Komurasaki with Ogura is actually a smart decision after all.

Dec 4, 2013 3:36 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
hpulley said:
But whenever Komurasaki appeared, fans in Japan went wild. And they kept asking why there is not more Komurasaki. So in one sense Ogura Yui cast as Komurasaki is not a bad thing for her - whenever that character shows up she steals most if not all the limelight. It is not bad for business either - using Ogura Yui only sparingly is enough to hold so much of fans' attention, so perhaps matching Komurasaki with Ogura is actually a smart decision after all.
I really like Hitomi as Yaya, from the opening scene she is much how I imagined her while reading the novel. Komurasaki stealing the attention is what she does so she is appropriate too. Just wonder if Anicca would have sold 25K by now if Yui had sung it.

Hopefully the Blurays and DVDs sell enough for more as they will only cover a third of the material this season.
Dec 4, 2013 5:45 AM

Nov 2011
Ejc said:

I never though I'd see that happen. Miracles do happen.

Cirris said:

rederoin said:

2.3k -> 4k -> 4.5k Kyoukai no Kanata

I think the numbers are matching the quality of the series. It started off weak. But it's really gotten way better as of late.

It mostly went up because of the event ticket. V2 is still estimated at 2.6k.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 4, 2013 5:51 AM

Sep 2012
rederoin said:
Ejc said:

I never though I'd see that happen. Miracles do happen.
2ch has quite many people reporting they have bought KMB BD Box too.

And 2ch's tradition is to upload the image of their haul:

http://up.null-x.me/poverty/img/poverty111812.jpg
http://viploader.net/jiko/src/vljiko098296.jpg
http://up.null-x.me/poverty/img/poverty111802.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AQzTiKQ.jpg
symbvDec 4, 2013 5:57 AM

Dec 4, 2013 6:07 AM

Nov 2008
*7. *5,883 *5,883 Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Vol.6
11. *5,209 *5,209 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next Vol.5

Is it me or has the sales drop?
Dec 4, 2013 4:12 PM
Feb 2012
The Haganai sales drop is also partly due to there being a gap of five(!) months between the releases of the first and second volume. I'm fairly sure the numbers would've looked different, had the releases been more consistent.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 4, 2013 5:43 PM

Apr 2013
tsubasalover said:
Hiryu12 said:

It's on the ranking.
It's kinda good. Of course the sales would have been better if it wasn't leaked two weeks earlier.

Dec 4, 2013 6:14 PM

Sep 2012
Hiryu12 said:
tsubasalover said:
Hiryu12 said:

It's on the ranking.
It's kinda good. Of course the sales would have been better if it wasn't leaked two weeks earlier.
The industry has real problems. Someone inside is leaking stuff on youtube days or weeks before it comes out so they aren't even rips after sales, someone in manufacturing or distribution must be leaking stuff.
Dec 4, 2013 7:01 PM

Nov 2011
Gatchaman crowds just had a huge bump in its rank today(1000#~ -> 124#), did something happen?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 4, 2013 7:16 PM

Sep 2012
rederoin said:
Gatchaman crowds just had a huge bump in its rank today(1000#~ -> 124#), did something happen?
The only thing I know is that the cover art and pics of its contents are revealed.

Dec 5, 2013 12:25 AM
Aug 2013
For those who are funs of High school DXD.

The blur-ray sales look like are going smoothly

Ranking*9,024 *1 Highschool DxD New [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/25
Ranking*2, *6,867 *6,867 Highschool DxD New Vol.2
Ranking*6. *6,709 *6,709 High School DxD New Vol.3

Season 3 is looking good?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?' Reveals Additional Cast, Character Promo

Nioxys - 5 hours ago

2 by notPara »»
4 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

13 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 6

2 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.