How do you feel about rape or "forced acts" in anime

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 4, 2013 6:46 PM

Apr 2013
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
LevailRenn said:
I think when rape is used as character development it's stupid.

I disagree, especially when it relates to mental trauma, I believe it provides a more compelling backstory.

I almost always like rape in anime, with the exception of Diabolik Lovers becasue that anime is just...ugh.

It may compel a back story, but it's the typical cliche attention drawing technique used for a over sympathetic story line that most of the time is just used for added drama. I haven't seen a anime where rape is actually covered down to a emotional, touching level opposed to where I've seen it used as comedy, or sexual gratification. If it's not one of those two it's either just thrown into the story for added character. It's all just distasteful and sloppy to me. On a personal level a anime that is actually trying to connect with the level of rape, I will applaud them. Most of the days it's just thrown in there for multiple careless reasons. I second with you on the mental trauma part.

I don't care how bad it is..it works for me and that's all I care about. Considering that I only care about enjoyment, I don't see how using rape to force sympathy is a problem
Nov 4, 2013 6:47 PM

Jan 2011
i dont have any problem with rape in anime as long as its done right like in Now and Then, Here and There and Perfect Blue
Nov 4, 2013 6:51 PM

Nov 2013
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
LevailRenn said:

I disagree, especially when it relates to mental trauma, I believe it provides a more compelling backstory.

I almost always like rape in anime, with the exception of Diabolik Lovers becasue that anime is just...ugh.

It may compel a back story, but it's the typical cliche attention drawing technique used for a over sympathetic story line that most of the time is just used for added drama. I haven't seen a anime where rape is actually covered down to a emotional, touching level opposed to where I've seen it used as comedy, or sexual gratification. If it's not one of those two it's either just thrown into the story for added character. It's all just distasteful and sloppy to me. On a personal level a anime that is actually trying to connect with the level of rape, I will applaud them. Most of the days it's just thrown in there for multiple careless reasons. I second with you on the mental trauma part.

I don't care how bad it is..it works for me and that's all I care about. Considering that I only care about enjoyment, I don't see how using rape to force sympathy is a problem

You don't? So people who throw rape into animes just to add drama and provoke the audience is fine? When you are putting in something so sensitive into something that's gonna be shared with the world I'm pretty sure most rape victims would find it pretty offensive if someone just threw some sloppily made rape story in the plot just to get some cheesy sympathetic reaction from the audience. If you can't understand the feelings of the event itself, don't try to throw it into something to make your anime more interesting. It's lazy and offensive. It also shows the person lacks originality.
stupidfucker said:
Screw you, 'moshimoshikitty', you fucked up my thread.

Nov 4, 2013 6:53 PM

Apr 2013
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
LevailRenn said:

You don't? So people who throw rape into animes just to add drama and provoke the audience is fine? When you are putting in something so sensitive into something that's gonna be shared with the world I'm pretty sure most rape victims would find it pretty offensive if someone just threw some sloppily made rape story in the plot just to get some cheesy sympathetic reaction from the audience. If you can't understand the feelings of event itself, don't try to throw it into something to make your anime more interesting. It's lazy and offensive. It also shows the person lacks originality.

Yes it can be in bad taste, but as I said above, I just don't care. It evokes an emotional response from me and makes me more attached to the characters. I'm guess I'm pretty selfish, but I honestly don't give a shit of other people are offended.
Nov 4, 2013 6:54 PM

Nov 2013
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
LevailRenn said:

You don't? So people who throw rape into animes just to add drama and provoke the audience is fine? When you are putting in something so sensitive into something that's gonna be shared with the world I'm pretty sure most rape victims would find it pretty offensive if someone just threw some sloppily made rape story in the plot just to get some cheesy sympathetic reaction from the audience. If you can't understand the feelings of event itself, don't try to throw it into something to make your anime more interesting. It's lazy and offensive. It also shows the person lacks originality.

Yes it can be in bad taste, but as I said above, I just don't care. It evokes an emotional response from me and makes me more attached to the characters. I'm guess I'm pretty selfish, but I honestly don't give a shit of other people are offended.

Well I'm glad you don't give a shit if rape victims are offended. Seeing the fact you have nothing to back up what you said besides the fact you simply don't give a fuck if someone who has gone through something that terrible is offended. I would suppose were done with this conclusion.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 4, 2013 6:55 PM

Dec 2012
Shiratori99 said:

A rape takes somewhat about a few minutes to pull off. It gives you more than enough time to reflect about your actions and to grasp what you're about to do. Killing on the other hand can happen in a millisecond. So no, rape is not something that can be done in the spur of a moment.

You're really expecting someone to calmly analyze and assess what's going on when the adrenaline is pumping and hormones are raging? Rape is not always something as clear cut as "I want sex, she's saying no!" either, so it's not going to register to someone who has already justified it in his or her head. Also murder is not something that always happens in an instant.

moshimoshikitty said:

I am saying rape is worse than murder because of the toll it does to you emotionally, where murder instantly takes away any living working of your body. That being said. When someone dies, it's not them that gets hurt, it's their family, friends, pets, lovers. That's my point. The lingering emotional pain is always worse than being "put out".

Again, you're placing your own values on every rape victim/survivor and imposing them as an absolute. You're basically saying that person no longer has the means to pursue happiness ever again, which is simply not true. I know a woman who had been raped a few times in her teen years and has children now, she lives for them and would not choose death over watching them grow.

You can't possibly know what death entails either, only suspect.
Nov 4, 2013 6:57 PM

Apr 2013
moshimoshikitty said:

Save your sarcasm for someone who has feelings. You can't please everyone and rape in backstories happen please me. I don't understand why you care if I care that the thing I happen to watch offends people.
Nov 4, 2013 6:58 PM

Nov 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
Shiratori99 said:

A rape takes somewhat about a few minutes to pull off. It gives you more than enough time to reflect about your actions and to grasp what you're about to do. Killing on the other hand can happen in a millisecond. So no, rape is not something that can be done in the spur of a moment.

You're really expecting someone to calmly analyze and assess what's going on when the adrenaline is pumping and hormones are raging? Rape is not always something as clear cut as "I want sex, she's saying no!" either, so it's not going to register to someone who has already justified it in his or her head. Also murder is not something that always happens in an instant.

moshimoshikitty said:

I am saying rape is worse than murder because of the toll it does to you emotionally, where murder instantly takes away any living working of your body. That being said. When someone dies, it's not them that gets hurt, it's their family, friends, pets, lovers. That's my point. The lingering emotional pain is always worse than being "put out".

Again, you're placing your own values on every rape victim/survivor and imposing them as an absolute. You're basically saying that person no longer has the means to pursue happiness ever again, which is simply not true. I know a woman who had been raped a few times in her teen years and has children now, she lives for them and would not choose death over watching them grow.

You can't possibly know what death entails either, only suspect.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm simply stating that shutting down the human body to it's last breath opposed to keeping a lingering pain on your shoulder no matter what it is for the rest of your life if you can't learn to be happy again is far worse than someone shutting down you completely. I agree with what you say because it's obvious people who go through traumatizing events can overcome happiness, I just feel when you have something emotional inside of you, you can't feel that when you're gone.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 4, 2013 6:59 PM

Aug 2013
LevailRenn said:

In Elfen Lied

I haven't seen many series use it though. It's mostly used in Hentai.

Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:

Save your sarcasm for someone who has feelings. You can't please everyone and rape in backstories happen please me. I don't understand why you care if I care that the thing I happen to watch offends people.

I just read that whole thing. That really makes you seem fucked up Cupcake. I know you aren't, but just the way you were wording some of those things. But don't mind me, it was merely an observation.
moonkingdomifyNov 4, 2013 7:05 PM
"Canaan. You're a victim whose past was taken away by war. And she's a defeated person who lost her past in a power struggle. Soldiers who are born within destruction take hatred as their weapon. Even though you and her became soldiers for the same reason, you both live differently. Listen Canaan, you cannot counter hatred with hatred... ever." -Siam, Canaan
Nov 4, 2013 7:01 PM

Nov 2013
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:

Where did I say I care about you? I care about the individuals who have gone through horrible things in their life and don't want to stumble across some crappy writer who sloppily puts together something he can't even begin to understand for entertainment of others. Do whatever you want, at the end of the day I'm just blabbering my opinion like you're blabbering yours.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 4, 2013 7:02 PM

Apr 2013
moonkingdomify said:
LevailRenn said:

In Elfen Lied

I haven't seen many series use it though. It's mostly used in Hentai.

I agree that it really defines mayu's character.

Nov 4, 2013 7:04 PM

Apr 2013
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:

Where did I say I care about you? I care about the individuals who have gone through horrible things in their life and don't want to stumble across some crappy writer who sloppily puts together something he can't even begin to understand for entertainment of others. Do whatever you want, at the end of the day I'm just blabbering my opinion like you're blabbering yours.

The sarcasm in your statement implies you care because you are trying to insult me or make me feel bad simply because my preferences are not to your liking.
Nov 4, 2013 7:07 PM

Nov 2013
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:

The sarcasm in your statement implies you care because you are trying to insult me or make me feel bad simply because my preferences are not to your liking.

Yes, I do care. I'm not sure where you got I was trying to insult you. I just didn't know it was a personal preference that people didn't care about how rape victims feel that's all. It's probably because I've never heard about you know? Nothing against you personally. It's fine. I don't judge a nigga on if they likes rape or not in anime or if it turns them on. I just didn't know they didn't care about the feelings of living rape victims. It's cool homie.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 4, 2013 7:08 PM

Aug 2013
Rape.

What Haruhi constantly does to Mikuru.

We need to stop the constant abuse of this poor girl, and get God away from her if we can.

moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:

Yes, I do care. I'm not sure where you got I was trying to insult you. I just didn't know it was a personal preference that people didn't care about how rape victims feel that's all. It's probably because I've never heard about you know? Nothing against you personally. It's fine. I don't judge a nigga on if they likes rape or not in anime or if it turns them on. I just didn't know they didn't care about the feelings of living rape victims. It's cool homie.

You'll never win this argument. Just give up. Rape can be used to develop a character more than most other traumatic experiences can, it can drastically change a characters opinion on different people. It was used well in the Kite Runner, as well as Elfen Lied.
moonkingdomifyNov 4, 2013 7:12 PM
"Canaan. You're a victim whose past was taken away by war. And she's a defeated person who lost her past in a power struggle. Soldiers who are born within destruction take hatred as their weapon. Even though you and her became soldiers for the same reason, you both live differently. Listen Canaan, you cannot counter hatred with hatred... ever." -Siam, Canaan
Nov 4, 2013 7:09 PM

Apr 2013
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:

You can calm down now. And you've been contradicting yourself.
Nov 4, 2013 7:10 PM

Apr 2013
Though I will say that the rape displayed in Diabolik Lovers is tasteless, disgusting, and stomach turning, as there really isn't a need for it, or at least so goddam much of it.
Nov 4, 2013 7:11 PM

Nov 2013
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:

You can calm down now. And you've been contradicting yourself.

I have? Well damn, you should have told me sooner. I just learned something new about myself.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 4, 2013 7:19 PM

Oct 2009
It used repetitively, as a back story or as an immediate threat to heroine in Mirai Nikki, and I hate it.
It is a bad writing in my opinion because they literally thrown that all over the place for insta-empathy.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 4, 2013 7:21 PM

Nov 2013
azzuRe said:
It used repetitively, as a back story or as an immediate threat to heroine in Mirai Nikki, and I hate it.
It is a bad writing in my opinion because they literally thrown that all over the place for insta-empathy.

This. This. This. This. This. This a million times this.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 4, 2013 7:23 PM

Apr 2013
moshimoshikitty said:
azzuRe said:

This. This. This. This. This. This a million times this.

If I remember correctly two characters were raped right?

The first one made a big impact on me, the second felt a little repetitive
Nov 4, 2013 8:18 PM

Jun 2012
azzuRe said:

This, it's so often used in a lazy way and feels completely out of place.
Nov 4, 2013 8:22 PM

Nov 2013
Riiken said:
azzuRe said:

This, it's so often used in a lazy way and feels completely out of place.

That's all I was trying to say. When it's used in a lazy way that doesn't even connect on any level and is just thrown in for entertainment it is offensive, lacks originality, and is lazy.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 4, 2013 9:21 PM

Jun 2009
baki502 said:
NeedleNoodles said:
Rape doesn't seem such a big deal in comparison to the massive amount of murder depicted in anime.

Also this. There are so many anime that treat murder lightly or as something fun and humorous and when rape is once treated like that people flip out. I never understood it. Murder is way worse then rape, yet people dont even bat an eye when the former happens and is treated lightly, and act as if the world ended if the latter happened and is treated lightly (in fiction ofc.)

I was agreeing with most of what you said up until here. The thing about murder is that the victim is dead. Their life is over. They are done. A rape victim has a chance of living, so they obviously have to deal with the mental fall out. "Was it my fault? Could I have done something differently? I've been violated! They took something away from me!" All kinds of terrible thoughts just running through their head. I would argue that that is much, much worse than simply dying. Sure, you may be terrified while you are dying. But, having to live with all those negative emotions?

Edit: Since reading a few of the other comments, I've noticed some users saying that not everyone is overcome by these negative feelings I mentioned. Well, wouldn't a story about a rape victim who over comes his/her trauma be pretty compelling as well? Maybe even inspirational?

However having a character have to deal with this kind of experience, even if it's in a negative way, could still make for some important TV.
Ston3_FreeN7Nov 4, 2013 9:36 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 4, 2013 9:31 PM

Nov 2013
Insan3Heisenberg said:
baki502 said:
NeedleNoodles said:
Rape doesn't seem such a big deal in comparison to the massive amount of murder depicted in anime.

Also this. There are so many anime that treat murder lightly or as something fun and humorous and when rape is once treated like that people flip out. I never understood it. Murder is way worse then rape, yet people dont even bat an eye when the former happens and is treated lightly, and act as if the world ended if the latter happened and is treated lightly (in fiction ofc.)

I was agreeing with most of what you said up until here. The thing about murder is that the victim is dead. Their life is over. They are done. A rape victim has a chance of living, so they obviously have to deal with the mental fall out. "Was it my fault? Could I have done something differently? I've been violated! They took something away from me!" All kinds of terrible thoughts just running through their head. I would argue that that is much, much worse than simply dying. Sure, you may be terrified while you are dying. But, having to live with all those negative emotions?

Seconded.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 4, 2013 9:32 PM

Dec 2012
I don't like it at all, but sometimes it serves to move the story along or is useful for character development.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Nov 4, 2013 9:35 PM

Jun 2009
moshimoshikitty said:
Insan3Heisenberg said:
baki502 said:
NeedleNoodles said:

Seconded.

You may want to read my edit. You may very well disagree with the rest of what I say.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 4, 2013 9:42 PM

Nov 2013
Insan3Heisenberg said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Insan3Heisenberg said:
baki502 said:
NeedleNoodles said:

Seconded.

You may want to read my edit. You may very well disagree with the rest of what I say.

I don't quite disagree. I was trying to lay down the feelings of real rape victims and rape thrown into anime sloppily as a insult. If people do it in a correct way where it is full heart, I'm all for it. I dislike it when people do it to provoke some sympathetic reaction from the audience just for the sales or the sake of the ratings for example and put together something they don't even understand. I think a story about a rape victim overcoming the event is amazing. It's when people throw something sloppy that's personal on the outside that needs to be understood at a mental level before they put it in a anime. Especially when it comes to sensitive subjects.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 4, 2013 9:52 PM

Apr 2012
Insan3Heisenberg said:
baki502 said:
NeedleNoodles said:

Edit: Since reading a few of the other comments, I've noticed some users saying that not everyone is overcome by these negative feelings I mentioned. Well, wouldn't a story about a rape victim who over comes his/her trauma be pretty compelling as well? Maybe even inspirational?

However having a character have to deal with this kind of experience, even if it's in a negative way, could still make for some important TV.

Maybe its because Im the fight to the death for my life kind of guy, but I cant imagine anything worse then death. Even when Im in the most intense pain, for whatever reason, I still think life is beautiful and I would never want to loose it. And its not death itself or the pain that makes me fear, no its the thought of vanishing and not existing anymore forever.
So yeah Id rather be raped than killed, that goes without saying. But I wouldnt go down without a fight, and I wouldnt ensure the safety of the rapist if he tried.
Nov 4, 2013 10:05 PM

Jun 2007
I think it's [Rodacted].
Nov 4, 2013 11:31 PM

Jun 2011
Distasteful. It disgusts me. reason why I dropped FMA in the middle of the show
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 4, 2013 11:36 PM

Oct 2012
I find it easy to get off to. I don't like anything for the sake of it, so there has to be some substance behind it or otherwise it's just tasteless.

Nov 5, 2013 1:21 AM

Jun 2008
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
LevailRenn said:

You don't? So people who throw rape into animes just to add drama and provoke the audience is fine? When you are putting in something so sensitive into something that's gonna be shared with the world I'm pretty sure most rape victims would find it pretty offensive if someone just threw some sloppily made rape story in the plot just to get some cheesy sympathetic reaction from the audience. If you can't understand the feelings of the event itself, don't try to throw it into something to make your anime more interesting. It's lazy and offensive. It also shows the person lacks originality.

Fuck rape victims and the attitude you seem to have for that matter. I am also offended by your fascist sentiments of censorship but you don't seem to care.
If they don't like it then they can go watch something else. If we cared about not offending anyone will never get a story done. As Benjamin Franklin said "If all printers were determined not to print anything till they were sure it would offend nobody, there would be very little printed."
Freedom of creativity and speech is more important that you bloody fascist sensitivities.

azzuRe said:

Mirai Nikki is bad writing from top to end cause the guy writing it just isn't very good, that's all. It doesn't matter he used rape, whatever the fuck he would have used would have been bad writing. Mirai Nikki has a lot of other elements that seem like bad writing.
MonadNov 5, 2013 1:25 AM
Nov 5, 2013 1:24 AM

Oct 2013
It doesn't bother me as long as they don't try too joke about it and take it seriously.
Look at my wonderful signature.
Nov 5, 2013 1:27 AM

Nov 2013
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Cupquake said:
LevailRenn said:

Fuck rape victims and the attitude you seem to have for that matter. I am also offended by your fascist sentiments of censorship but you don't seem to care.
If they don't like it then they can go watch something else. If we cared about not offending anyone will never get a story done. As Benjamin Franklin said "If all printers were determined not to print anything till they were sure it would offend nobody, there would be very little printed."

Oh my, well aren't you just cool with your don't give a fuck attitude. I agree though, let's just put a big middle finger to their face for getting raped. Oh, you are offended? In what level does that compare to getting raped? You damn brain filled cum bubble open your damn eyes. How does you being offended by my fascist sentiments of censorship compare to the level of a rape victims. I'm sorry, I'm not nice. Don't try to use another persons mouth to backup your shitty attitude. There is certain things you just don't do in life. Portraying rape as a joke is one of them.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 5, 2013 1:29 AM

Jun 2008
moshimoshikitty said:

Oh my, well aren't you just cool with your don't give a fuck attitude. I agree though, let's just put a big middle finger to their face for getting raped. Oh, you are offended? In what level does that compare to getting raped? You damn brain filled cum bubble open your damn eyes. How does you being offended by my fascist sentiments of censorship compare to the level of a rape victims. I'm sorry, I'm not nice. Don't you know this by now? Don't try to use another persons mouth to backup your shitty attitude. There is certain things you just don't do in life. Portraying rape as a joke is one of them you.

No, censorship the creation of arts is the one thing you don't do. And you put a big middle finger to the concept of freedom. You ain't gonna bloody tells us what to put in a story or not you damn nazi.
Nov 5, 2013 1:33 AM

Nov 2013
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:

Oh my, well aren't you just cool with your don't give a fuck attitude. I agree though, let's just put a big middle finger to their face for getting raped. Oh, you are offended? In what level does that compare to getting raped? You damn brain filled cum bubble open your damn eyes. How does you being offended by my fascist sentiments of censorship compare to the level of a rape victims. I'm sorry, I'm not nice. Don't you know this by now? Don't try to use another persons mouth to backup your shitty attitude. There is certain things you just don't do in life. Portraying rape as a joke is one of them you.

No censorship the creation of arts is the one thing you don't do. And you put a big middle finger to the concept of freedom. You ain't gonna bloody tells us what to put in a story or not you bloody Hitler.

I will separate all the idiots and put them in concentration camps. Since the cum bubble in your brain isn't popped let me repeat myself. There is certain things in life you don't do, and don't say. Portraying rape as a joke is one of them. You are contradicting so much bullshit right now I'm having a hard time understanding if you know what freedom is. How is portraying rape in a funny manner to entertain people part of freedom? Does how it affect other people not matter? Is that part of freedom? Do you consider what Hitler did freedom? I mean it was wasn't it? How about everyone else? Where is their freedom?
stupidfucker said:

Nov 5, 2013 1:41 AM

Jun 2008
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:

No censorship the creation of arts is the one thing you don't do. And you put a big middle finger to the concept of freedom. You ain't gonna bloody tells us what to put in a story or not you bloody Hitler.

I will separate all the idiots and put them in concentration camps. Since the cum bubble in your brain isn't popped let me repeat myself. There is certain things in life you don't do, and don't say. Portraying rape as a joke is one of them. You are contradicting so much bullshit right now I'm having a hard time understanding if you know what freedom is. How is portraying rape in a funny manner to entertain people part of freedom? Does how it affect other people not matter? Is that part of freedom? Do you consider what Hitler did freedom? I mean it was wasn't it? How about everyone else? Where is their freedom?

It is freedom, is the freedom of writing a story however you like it to be. People have a right to not watch it if they like but being prevented from making such a story in the first place is nothing but fascism.
If i want to make a story presenting rape as funny then i should be free to do so. If you want to say my representation is shit you have every right to do so but you have no right to try to stop me from creating what i like in the first place.
Your arguments of creators not being allowed to do certain things is fascist and disgusting, simple as that. Art should be free.
You have no argument, you say that suddenly what you don't like is allowed to be censored simply because it touches your sensitivities and even try to use rape victims to your goal. Well guess what, you ain't the center of the world. Everyone things that everyone should do what they like. You are childish and ridiculous.
Nov 5, 2013 1:44 AM

Nov 2013
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:

It is freedom, is the freedom of writing a story however you like it to be. People have a right to not watch it if they like but being prevented from making such a story in the first place is nothing but fascism.
If i want to make a story presenting rape as funny then i should be free to do so. If you want to say my representation is shit you have every right to do so but you have no right to try to stop me from creating what i like in the first place.
Your arguments of creators not being allowed to do certain things is fascist and disgusting, simple as that. Art should be free.

Art should be free. Ignorance should not. Get that through your head. Portraying rape as a joke is offensive and detestable. I fail to see where there is anything free about that.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 5, 2013 1:51 AM

Jun 2008
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:

Art should be free. Ignorance should not. Get that through your head. Portraying rape as a joke is offensive and detestable. I fail to see where there is anything free about that.

That's what freedom is you ignorant nitwit. If freedom was only to be allowed to say or create what everyone likes or agrees then is not much of a freedom is it? Then it's fascism and dictatorship when you are only allowed to do what others want you to do.
Freedom is the concept of being able to say and create things others can find offensive.
The fact that you can't even grasp what is free about that, shows that there is a huge problem with you and am in absolute horror that people like you may try to shape our world.
Nov 5, 2013 1:57 AM

Nov 2013
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:

That's what freedom is you ignorant nitwit. If freedom was only to be allowed to say or create what everyone likes or agrees then is not much of a freedom is it? Then it's fascism and dictatorship when you are only allowed to do what others want you to do.
Freedom is the concept of being able to say and create things others can find offensive.
The fact that you can't even grasp what is free about that, shows that there is a huge problem with you and am in horror that people like you may try to shape our world.

I'm in horror that you actually think that's freedom. Freedom is not the definition of ignorance you fucking Cheetoh. Let's say you have a little girl, are you gonna let some god damn pedophile make art of her naked just so he can fap because it's freedom? No, you're gonna beat the living fuck out him because it's offensive to you as a father, and violates her rights which is ignorance on his part. Now where did I say you can't say what you want openly and happily. All I said is there is things in life you can and cannot do/say. Being ignorant is not a expression of freedom it's a cover up for being a asshole. Especially when people like you think it's freedom.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 5, 2013 2:12 AM

Jun 2008
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:

The fact that you can't even grasp what is free about that, shows that there is a huge problem with you and am in horror that people like you may try to shape our world.

I'm in horror that you actually think that's freedom. Freedom is not the definition of ignorance you fucking Cheetoh. Let's say you have a little girl, are you gonna let some god damn pedophile make art of her naked just so he can fap because it's freedom? No, you're gonna beat the living fuck out him because it's offensive to you as a father, and violates her rights which is ignorance on his part. Now where did I say you can't say what you want openly and happily. All I said is there is things in life you can and cannot do/say. Being ignorant is not a expression of freedom it's a cover up for being a asshole. Especially when people like you think it's freedom.

The only ignorant here is you, just like the stupid soccer mums that spew things without getting a grasp of reality. I don't even know why i have to debate with such an uneducated creature like yourself.
That ridiculous example of trying to bring a real little girl and pedophiles into the conversation is just sad really. Again trying to grasp on sensitivities so you can defeat logic. You just go left and right trying to change topic so you can try to find things to say that is just sad really.

moshimoshikitty said:
Now where did I say you can't say what you want openly and happily. All I said is there is things in life you can and cannot do/say.

Seriously?
Nov 5, 2013 2:15 AM

Jun 2012
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:

The only ignorant here is you, just like the stupid soccer mums that spew things without getting a grasp of reality. I don't even know why i have to debate with such an uneducated creature like yourself.
That ridiculous example of trying to bring a real little girl and pedophiles into the conversation is just sad really. Again trying to grasp on sensitivities so you can defeat logic. You just go left and right trying to change topic so you can try to find things to say that is just sad really.

moshimoshikitty said:
Now where did I say you can't say what you want openly and happily. All I said is there is things in life you can and cannot do/say.

Seriously?

If you would just state your argument in a more polite fashion instead of acting like a keyboard warrior he would've agreed with you 5 posts ago.
Nov 5, 2013 2:20 AM

Nov 2013
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:

moshimoshikitty said:

Seriously?

I wasn't even trying to hit sensitive spots to prove my logic unlike someone who uses another persons mouth to dictate his logic as correct. I'm simply just proving a fact you'd beat the fuck out him, but since that was too much for you to handle. Let's say you have world where sandwiches came to life. This Subway sandwich drew a picture of this ham sandwich without her permission of her in the shower. That is ignorance, it's offensive, that's not freedom, that's being sick. Also, when you're talking to a child all you can do is go left to right. Any logical person would understand this by now, but since I understand your level I have to try to explain reality to you in every way I can. I find it funny that you're trying to result in pissing me off now because you can't explain your logic anymore. Being ignorant is not freedom. On the topic of rape. Holding a person down and sticking your dick in them forcefully is freedom on the rapists part. What about the victim? I'm gonna say this one more time, there is some things you can and cannot do/say. Oh, and yes. Seriously.
moshimoshikittyNov 5, 2013 2:28 AM
stupidfucker said:

Nov 5, 2013 2:22 AM

Nov 2013
Riiken said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:
Monad said:
moshimoshikitty said:

moshimoshikitty said:

Seriously?

If you would just state your argument in a more polite fashion instead of acting like a keyboard warrior he would've agreed with you 5 posts ago.

Being a keyboard warrior is fun though, don't ruin the fun. I'm not a patient person, but I'm not ignorant either. Neither do I find portraying rape as a joke to be freedom. Either way, it's come down to this. Oh well.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 5, 2013 2:28 AM

Jul 2012
Red_Keys said:
If it's seen in any way as a positive thing, it disgusts me.

If it's properly seen as a negative thing, it depends on its presentation and effect on the character(s).
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Nov 5, 2013 2:30 AM

Nov 2013
Unchou said:
Red_Keys said:
If it's seen in any way as a positive thing, it disgusts me.

If it's properly seen as a negative thing, it depends on its presentation and effect on the character(s).

This.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 5, 2013 2:35 AM

Dec 2009
I don't watch any anime series that doesn't have at least one rape per three episodes. Why would I? Why would anyone?
Nov 5, 2013 2:36 AM

Nov 2013
Aggra-Apeblood said:
I don't watch any anime series that doesn't have at least one rape per three episodes. Why would I? Why would anyone?

That's like me and my kiss scenes in romance.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 5, 2013 2:37 AM

Jun 2008

That's a little wishful thinking don't you think? You've seen his/her opinions i doubt he/she can see the light. Sorry i have low tolerance for such fascist ideas and people behind them.

There is not a single thing relevant to the imaginary representation of any type of ideas in art mediums like anime etc in this reply you just threw at me and i will NOT debate on whatever the hell you would like to change the topic too.
You have shown your colors and I'll leave the other forum readers to judge..
Nov 5, 2013 2:41 AM

Nov 2013
Monad said:

That's a little wishful thinking don't you think? You've seen his/her opinions i doubt he/she can see the light. Sorry i have low tolerance for such fascist ideas and people behind them.

There is not a single thing relevant to the imaginary representation of any type of ideas in art mediums like anime etc in this reply you just threw at me and i will NOT debate on whatever the hell you would like to change the topic too.
You have shown your colors and I'll leave the other forum readers to judge..

Shown my colors? What, am I some magical kind unicorn the leaps over the moon and sprinkles happiness on everyone's lawn. Most logical people agree there is nothing funny or free about rape. It takes advantage of you as a human being. How am I trying to change the subject? I mean you keep insisting it, yet fail to explain all your statements till the end. I'm trying to make you realize that in anime when people make rape funny, it's like saying it's funny you got raped. How is that free? How is that art? Where the fuck are the morals? I understand you stand in shame so you are free to leave like you requested. Just remember. Ignorance and freedom will always be two different definitions for a reason and there will always be things you can and cannot do/say.
moshimoshikittyNov 5, 2013 2:44 AM
stupidfucker said:

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 12 hours ago

21 by Orokanatenshi »»
1 minute ago

» I really wish that more animes had re-caps

Atmogenic - 13 minutes ago

7 by Atmogenic »»
2 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 49 minutes ago

11 by MasterTasuke »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 5 hours ago

24 by APolygons2 »»
8 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 4 hours ago

21 by PlasticRobot »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.