Forums

Does anyone else get tired of non-canonial Yaoi pairings

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 4, 2013 9:53 AM

Nov 2013
tsudecimo said:
moshimoshikitty said:
It's fine if people want to have their illusions, but I talked to a group of girls earlier about animes with boy love and they started blabbering about how Death note,
Free and Naruto

I can get Naruto and Death note but Free? The show had many Shounen Ai subtext and they weren't subtle at all. Fujoshi didn't even need to use their imagination that hard in Free, everything was served to them in a silver platter. Every scene Nagisa was in was filled with those that lil bitch is gayer than characters from Yaoi manga...

To answer the your question, I only get mad when that happens to Kuroko no Basket.

I'm gonna watch the anime then and then I'll come back and make my assumption. I've seen naruto and some episodes of Death note so I can make my judgement on them, but I haven't watched free yet. It's more of what I hear about a guy wearing a apron and there being naked guys that it's a boy love anime which irked me. I haven't actually seen the anime itself, so I'll be back.
stupidfucker said:
Screw you, 'moshimoshikitty', you fucked up my thread.

Nov 4, 2013 11:21 AM

May 2013
Nothing gay about Free! watch it all the way through and say it I tell you...
Nov 4, 2013 11:25 AM

Feb 2013
Free has no gay vibes...?
Nov 4, 2013 11:51 AM
Aug 2011
My answer would be that I get tired of people who don't ship what I ship be it hetero or homo.
Nov 4, 2013 11:54 AM

Nov 2012
Red_Keys said:
What's worse than yaoi fangirls projecting gayness onto things, are the blubbery homophobic manchildren who do it.

They get so butthurt you'd think they'd been fucked in the ass.
^^^

I'm also bothered by yaoi shippers downright hating and bashing female characters who dare to exist in the same anime, keeping those destined love birds from the oh so desired buttsmex.

And by "bothered" I mean I avoid such people, trying to ignore their existence.
Nov 4, 2013 12:30 PM

Dec 2012
Thread cleaned

Insult removed. Flame-bait removed. Off-topic chat removed. Quote-chain removed. Double post merged. Quote-tower put into spoiler tag.
Nov 4, 2013 2:11 PM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:

I can get Naruto and Death note but Free? The show had many Shounen Ai subtext and they weren't subtle at all. Fujoshi didn't even need to use their imagination that hard in Free, everything was served to them in a silver platter. Every scene Nagisa was in was filled with those that lil bitch is gayer than characters from Yaoi manga...

I think people often miss the point of Nagisa's character. He was the clown, the fool, the joker. With scenes like him skinny dipping in the pool, it was all in good and lighthearted humor, there was absolutely no hint of him on a quest to conquer the manmeat of his friends nor to swoon them in to his tender warm embrace. In Free, the shounen-ai/yaoi innuendo is usually suggested by the audience, not the director.

Not to say that they didn't make Free! especially appealing to girls/yaoi fans in general, but taking it for what it was I didn't see any of this happening and people are so quick to go "GAY GAY GAY!"
Nov 4, 2013 3:02 PM

Apr 2013
parfaited said:
My answer would be that I get tired of people who don't ship what I ship be it hetero or homo.
True. LOL :)

OT: I don't get bothered by it. If they like it, I respect it. But if gets borderline crazy with me, I'll say something to them. Also I like to fangirl with these "fujoshis". I don't want to make enemies here as much as possible so I just join them. But I don't do the yaoi fanfiction thingy. Just fighting them who is the hottest guy in the show. :)

Nov 4, 2013 3:36 PM
Nov 2013
Death note is a yaoi? It doesn't have any romantic themes at all aside from Misa's one-sided crush. I don't think those girls watched it well enough.
Nov 4, 2013 3:37 PM

Jul 2012
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
moshimoshikitty said:

It's almost impossible to know. I think L would most be top. He needs to control Light and his god damn twisted self observed morals. Plus L is already not wearing shocks in the anime and is always poorly dressed. He's just waiting for his clothes to be pulled off. Dammit Tomoki, you're making my dirty fanboy mind come out. Could you like not? Thanks.

I just realized Death Note should have been a story about How Light and L come together, both with different goals. Light is trying to create a better world, While L tries to stop Kira. They then meet and fall in love, L then discovers Light is Kira but does not want to unveil the truth because his lover will be murdered. Light is also conflicted because this may mean he will have to kill his lover to create the world he has always wanted.

It would just end though with light giving up the Death Note and saying something corny though like " How can i make a perfect world without you in it" and such.

Shit wouldda been hype.

i'd watch this in a second!!! no, i am not jerking around. no pun intended.

i get disturbed beyond issues of B/L, Yuri, Yaoi, etc. when i look up pics of the kids from Dennou Coil in erotic compositions. its just wrong. very very wrong.

i dunno, people love to ship and anime is ripe for turning it into something dirty. doesn't really bother me. but the dennou coil shit does. c'mon.....
Nov 4, 2013 3:45 PM

Nov 2013
parfaited said:

This.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 4, 2013 3:56 PM

Jul 2011
@OP Naruto x Sasuke is non-canonial?
Nov 4, 2013 3:56 PM

Feb 2010
Well, that's the point where I start judging people.
They obviously don't care about WHAT they are watching as long as they can fantasize about out-of-character gay pairings, so PLEASE stop saying you're a fan of the show when you don't even pay attention to what happens, but only focus on projecting imaginary gayness hints onto every interaction between bishounen A and bishounen B. It has nothing to do with the contents of the individual show, it's all about the general idea of whatever-the-appeal-of-Yaoi-is being transferred to non-Yaoi shows. Which is fine, but it's NOT the same as genuinely being a fan of a show, being a fan of what it does and how the characters ACTUALLY interact with each other.
Also don't try to sell your fantasies as facts ("There are 100% gay vibes in Free!").
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 4, 2013 3:58 PM

Jun 2012
ainky said:

I dont even watch Naruto and I can tell that its canon.
Nov 4, 2013 4:01 PM

Nov 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, that's the point where I start judging people.
They obviously don't care about WHAT they are watching as long as they can fantasize about out-of-character gay pairings, so PLEASE stop saying you're a fan of the show when you don't even pay attention to what happens, but only focus on projecting imaginary gayness hints onto every interaction between bishounen A and bishounen B. It has nothing to do with the contents of the individual show, it's all about the general idea of whatever-the-appeal-of-Yaoi-is being transferred to non-Yaoi shows. Which is fine, but it's NOT the same as genuinely being a fan of a show, being a fan of what it does and how the characters ACTUALLY interact with each other.
Also don't try to sell your fantasies as facts ("There are 100% gay vibes in Free!").

This.
stupidfucker said:

Nov 4, 2013 4:04 PM

Dec 2012
ainky said:

So hilarious and original, nobody heard that one before.

0/10
Nov 4, 2013 4:04 PM

Aug 2012
Shuhan said:
ainky said:

I dont even watch Naruto and I can tell that its canon.
That explains Naruto's unhealthy obsession with him.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Nov 7, 2013 2:29 AM

Nov 2013
I think that it is understandable for you to be slightly bothered by the trend of Yaoi fan pairings. Granted the limitless pairings of characters together in doujins ect is always fun to watch. That being said I haven't seen any actual problems arising in the Yaoi genre over the years, so I wouldn't worry to much about it. Traditionally, Yaoi has always had a very strong fan base, so you can see why this devotion to the genre can lead fans to want to see it in other series as well.
Nov 7, 2013 7:37 AM

May 2010
Rarity said:

It's also annoying when guys complain about yaoi and fujoshi as if there isn't a lifetime supply of ecchi/hentai doujin and whatnot for every popular female character out there.

Totally agree with this!

As to the topic, I think it's silly but I have a theory.

There's such a lack of interesting, canonical romance stories (especially heterosexual ones) that people feel the need to fantasize and project romance on an interesting relationship when it just isn't there.

Personally, I want more canonical pairings in things that aren't obvious or easy. Typically we see in canon, oh , guy meets girl (or guy meets guy, or girl meets girl. whatever) they think eachother is cute they hook up and they are meant to be that way for ever. Ugh! I want complication, I want them to have to earn their love, to have to figure it out overtime. Maybe they were enemies at first, maybe they just didn't get eachother, maybe one was already in a bad relationship and didn't know how to get out of it. I dunno just make it more than predestined love. Real love is complicated!

Not to mention so many women characters are boring and uninteresting or just poorly developed so even forcing a non-connical het pairing is diffcult for the imagination cause there's nothing to work with.

Anyway, yeah, that's why I think people project romance on non-canonical pairings, cause canon ones are boring.
wooden-mangoNov 7, 2013 7:45 AM
Nov 7, 2013 7:45 AM
Jul 2013
Who cares?
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Nov 7, 2013 8:04 AM

Aug 2013
I don't particularly care, as people can ship whatever they like, unless any of the involved characters are clearly heterosexual, in which case I suppose it an be a little annoying.
Mostly yaoi and other BL is made because any main pairings aren't exciting enough for fans, just as how any other crack pairing is created.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Nov 8, 2013 2:46 AM

Nov 2013
I hate yaoi when its the usual masculine guy and feminine. i only realy like two feminine boys ^^
Goku: If these guy's are after us, Maybe Sanzo's also...
Hakkai: A Fake Sanzo?
Goku/Gojyo/Hakkai: I wanna beat the crap out of it!

Goku: (about his broken leg) "My leg needs meat."
Sanzo: "Nice try."

Nov 8, 2013 3:02 AM
Jul 2018
If it's non-canonial why should I give a damn?
Nov 8, 2013 5:09 AM

Oct 2008
Don't mind it. Don't really care much either.
But I do like yuri pairings..

Btw, Naruto has BL written all over it (at least in the first 20 episodes) so you can't really blame girls for thinking it's BL in this case, lol.
Dec 4, 2013 1:18 AM

Mar 2008
wooden-mango said:
Rarity said:

It's also annoying when guys complain about yaoi and fujoshi as if there isn't a lifetime supply of ecchi/hentai doujin and whatnot for every popular female character out there.

Totally agree with this!

As to the topic, I think it's silly but I have a theory.

There's such a lack of interesting, canonical romance stories (especially heterosexual ones) that people feel the need to fantasize and project romance on an interesting relationship when it just isn't there.

Personally, I want more canonical pairings in things that aren't obvious or easy. Typically we see in canon, oh , guy meets girl (or guy meets guy, or girl meets girl. whatever) they think eachother is cute they hook up and they are meant to be that way for ever. Ugh! I want complication, I want them to have to earn their love, to have to figure it out overtime. Maybe they were enemies at first, maybe they just didn't get eachother, maybe one was already in a bad relationship and didn't know how to get out of it. I dunno just make it more than predestined love. Real love is complicated!

Not to mention so many women characters are boring and uninteresting or just poorly developed so even forcing a non-connical het pairing is diffcult for the imagination cause there's nothing to work with.

Anyway, yeah, that's why I think people project romance on non-canonical pairings, cause canon ones are boring.

This. This so much. Also you can enjoy a for what it is series and still have "fantasies" about characters. My friends can't get me to shut up about all the crazy theological allusions and psychology in Evangelion. The fact that I think Kaworu and Shinji are an interesting couple has absolutely no impact on my ability to critically asses their characters or the series as a whole.
Dec 4, 2013 3:29 AM

Jul 2013
I love BL and I also ship male characters but to be honest, the fangirls can get very annoying if they go overboard.
Dec 4, 2013 4:04 AM

May 2012
This is not only restricted to animes, unfortunately.

A friend of mine posts constantly tumblr pictures of Supernatural Actors in yaoi-like scenes etc.

I mean..Supernatural is a horror show, the guys are brothers..she calls it "wincest" winchester+incest..wtf, like, really...

Btw..I'm not homophobic, I could understand for example why there would be yaoi references for example in Haganai between Yukimura and Kodaka :D
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Will we get more anime's that reflect "Stoner Comedy"?

GoatPieceLuffy - 1 hour ago

11 by tchitchouan »»
2 minutes ago

» anime character you like but wouldn't invite to your birthday party / wedding?

lifesaver64 - 11 hours ago

15 by Jyushimatsuno »»
3 minutes ago

» Is the concept of a villain stupid?

Anjuro - 9 hours ago

29 by Anjuro »»
5 minutes ago

» Weird thing about Frieren's score

Yoksven - 45 minutes ago

5 by KayKimii »»
20 minutes ago

» Anime sequels that fell off ( 1 2 )

ST63LTH - May 11

58 by BeastyAnimefan »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.