Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 15, 2009 5:44 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Decent episode. Loved Luffy's reaction to the Gaon cannon (which was done quite nicely actually).

Now the real fun is going to start with the next arc. :)
Feb 15, 2009 6:15 PM

Aug 2008
Lol @ Franky again.

Can't wait for the next arc. This is going to be interesting.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Feb 15, 2009 9:13 PM

Mar 2008
I didn't notice it when I read the manga, but it was kinda obvious in this episode.

Luffy is getting an aura like White Beard and Shanks. At least that is what I think happened with Luffy vs the Bull. What do you guys think?

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
Feb 15, 2009 9:30 PM

Jul 2008
pretty funny episode: an anchor about to fall on them, robin is totally cool; they unveil the new cannon and luffy nearly goes super saiyan; then sanji suffers an "head injury" thanks to camie.
also, did luffy do what i think he did to that bull?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 15, 2009 9:51 PM

Nov 2007
Luffy shining brightly in response to the goan cannon was funny. I also liked the paper drawing flashbacks with Duval.

On to Shabondy :)
Feb 15, 2009 9:58 PM
Oct 2007
So many win reactions in this episode, lol. Robin's "That will be a fatal blow" while smiling was just hilarious, haha, I love her. Luffy's awesome as always. And Brooke, hahaha, his laughing breakdown was amazing.

Ahhh, and of course, can't forget Sunny's contribution, definitely a great ship.
Feb 16, 2009 4:05 AM

Feb 2009
OmegaRed said:
I didn't notice it when I read the manga, but it was kinda obvious in this episode.

Luffy is getting an aura like White Beard and Shanks. At least that is what I think happened with Luffy vs the Bull. What do you guys think?

I totally agree with you on that one, because the exact thing happened when shanks scared the sea monster away, if we go back to the beginning. so it might get a bit interesting to see people faint when they get too close to luffy :p

all in all a very good episode, my favorite must have been Robin when they dropped the anchor. her reaction was just pure gold
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Feb 16, 2009 5:04 AM

May 2008
Oh man, Brooke's reaction made me laugh till I cried. Great episode, funny as hell :D
Also, Robin is <3 xD
Feb 16, 2009 6:49 AM

Dec 2008
Paper doll -past was odd, I just didn't get it. :/ I can't remember if it was similar in manga.
Robin was fabulous! She seems now more relaxed and her morbid humour seems to be increasing.
Feb 16, 2009 6:51 AM

Nov 2007
Sennin_Darkissa said:
Oh man, Brooke's reaction made me laugh till I cried. Great episode, funny as hell :D
Also, Robin is <3 xD

exactly my thoughts ^^
Feb 16, 2009 10:28 PM

Jul 2008
brook is always great for a laugh, thats why hes a strawhat pirate ^_^
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 17, 2009 8:07 AM

Apr 2008
Loved the episode :D SO many +'s for everyone !! + for franky for making that cannon, SUGGEIIII !!!! + For brook for his laughing @ sanji, hahahahaha that looked so funny , + for Usopp and Luffy's reactions to the cannon xD
Feb 17, 2009 3:26 PM

Jun 2007
Man they blew trough this little mini arc. Kinda makes me worry about it catching up to the manga at this rate :S
Though I do expect some fillers in SA
Feb 17, 2009 5:54 PM

Sep 2007
Awesome episode. I literally laughed out loud through most of it, especially with Brook and the flashback to Sanji's wanted poster along with his ginormous nosebleed. xD I felt happy for him, lmao. Luffy's shiny overload made me giggle. : ] I'm reaaaaaaaally excited about the next arc now, especially after seeing what Luffy did. His character is growing more and more and I'm incredibly happy I'm able to witness it. : D
Feb 17, 2009 8:42 PM

Oct 2007
Obviously, I loved the Wave Cola Gun.
Feb 18, 2009 10:51 AM

Jan 2008
This episode was absolute win. There's no other way to describe it. I thought I was going to cry I was laughing so hard.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Feb 18, 2009 12:24 PM
Mar 2008
Epicness Divine!!!

Brook's breakdown was pure epic.
Luffy's reaction was so epic I just had to screencap it!

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Feb 18, 2009 12:33 PM

Oct 2007
When Brook cracked up I was tearing with laughter myself

and Robin smiling in the face of impending doom was really cool ^_^

Also Luffy radiating as reaction of the Gaon Hou was hilariously funny

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Feb 19, 2009 8:54 AM

Sep 2008
good ep, the arc was very short though but oh well
Feb 19, 2009 2:04 PM

Apr 2008
Smasher said:
When Brook cracked up I was tearing with laughter myself

and Robin smiling in the face of impending doom was really cool ^_^

Also Luffy radiating as reaction of the Gaon Hou was hilariously funny

I Loved Luffy's reaction!!!!
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Feb 19, 2009 4:40 PM

Aug 2007
Second episode in a row with the Franky/hentai joke, which I still enjoyed just as much, and also lots of laughs towards Brook's breakdown laughing.
Dec 16, 2009 10:59 PM

Oct 2009
So the Sunny Go has a death ray now...

SUPER AWESOME!!!
Apr 16, 2010 3:25 AM

May 2008
that was beyond epic WOOTS

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 22, 2010 10:55 AM

Feb 2009
Now that's what I call an awesome ship!

Overall this was a funny sub-plot, I wasn't overlly impressed with Duval's character or story, but I got to see some screentime for one of my fave strahawts, decent last episodes.
Apr 11, 2011 1:01 AM

Jul 2007
Wow, i never thought that the sunny had a weapon like that. Man that ship is just full of surprises. I wonder if we will see any more. luffy's reaction to that was just GOLD. lol Sanji's fighting against duval was pretty hilarious. His face change technique lol

Also luffy's mysterious power that stopped the bull in its tracks. Very similar to how shanks saved luffy from a certain death from a certain sea monster at the very beginning of the series.

can't wait for the next arc. Sabaody Archipelago
ArtimesGamerApr 11, 2011 1:06 AM

May 12, 2011 1:17 PM

Jun 2009
link9us said:
Wow, i never thought that the sunny had a weapon like that. Man that ship is just full of surprises. I wonder if we will see any more. luffy's reaction to that was just GOLD. lol Sanji's fighting against duval was pretty hilarious. His face change technique lol

Also luffy's mysterious power that stopped the bull in its tracks. Very similar to how shanks saved luffy from a certain death from a certain sea monster at the very beginning of the series.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. But remember that Shank's actually used this more recently on Whitebeard's ship. In any case, I wonder how this plays into future events.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 12, 2011 1:21 PM

Jul 2007
insan3soldiern said:
link9us said:

Yeah, I thought the same thing. But remember that Shank's actually used this more recently on Whitebeard's ship. In any case, I wonder how this plays into future events.

yeah correct, he did use it twice, once on episode 4 and also during his confrontation against WB. But you will find out more bout this mysterious power in the upcoming episodes.

Sabaody Archipelago is the next area there going, but its actually part of this same arc.

Jun 10, 2011 9:31 AM

Jul 2010
Luffy's battle aura is so gar that the bull doesn't stand a chance _O_
Jun 26, 2011 2:05 AM

May 2010
Ok, so Duval.. is Duval haha none of my guesses who he was was right.. an actual character who hates Sanji haha The Gaon Hou was cool.. loved luffy's excited expression XD haha and Sanji was hilarious in what I call the "Valley of Heaven" wahaha
Aug 2, 2011 6:36 AM

Aug 2010
Lol'd when Sanji got the nosebleed
Nov 17, 2012 10:24 AM

Mar 2010
I wonder if thats all the surprises sunny will have. Still pretty awesome though.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 16, 2012 2:16 AM

Nov 2012
That Gaon Hou move was awesome. :D

Sanji's face-altering technique was so badass, hope he uses it more in the series.
Dec 1, 2013 3:01 PM

May 2012
My reaction was much like Luffy's when I saw Sunny-Go's secret weapon. I like being reminded of Usopp's epic sniper skills. ^^

Sanji almost died a very happy man, that's probably the most action he's had in 389 episodes.

Luffy psyched out a cow...I'm so not surprised.
Jan 25, 2014 3:35 PM

Dec 2012
Billzor said:
OmegaRed said:

I totally agree with you on that one, because the exact thing happened when shanks scared the sea monster away, if we go back to the beginning. so it might get a bit interesting to see people faint when they get too close to luffy :p

True!!! And it's soooo coooooool!
RegularMsScarlet said:
I like being reminded of Usopp's epic sniper skills. ^^

Me too :) Well he is a great sniper!
Anyways, another funny episode! I forgot how hilarious was depressed Sanji and Luffy's reaction to the ship was SUGOI!!!!!
Feb 5, 2014 3:58 AM

Aug 2013
Every episode discussion I hear about people "CRYING FROM LAUGHING OUT LOUD"... I really don't get that, I guess everyone has a different sense of humour, the most One Piece has ever made me do was chuckle/a slight 1-2 second laugh... o_o... I still love it though.
Jun 24, 2014 4:14 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was hilarious! Luffy's reaction to the Gaon Cannon, Sanji's nose bleed when he gets saved by Keimi and the bull just fainting, LOL! This episode was epic!!
5/5.
SpiritGTApr 27, 2015 4:37 PM
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Sep 20, 2014 4:10 AM

Oct 2013
waz-za said:
good ep, the arc was very short though but oh well

There will be a longer arc soon ;)

Nov 22, 2014 7:47 PM

Jan 2014
Brook's reaction was certainly the highlight.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 27, 2015 2:40 PM

Mar 2014
lol that was hilarious
Jun 11, 2015 9:30 PM

Jun 2015
next up
Sep 2, 2015 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
For some reason I had the feeling that what Luffy did to that bull had something to do with the jewelry thing he put around his arm, but I'm probably wrong. Lol

Good ep though!
Mar 24, 2016 7:08 PM

May 2013
Gaon Hou sounds like Gan Fall D; I miss him and his wizard beard

LOL oh Brook. You're so cute laughing your bones off x'D
Jun 23, 2016 11:40 PM

Jun 2015
O.O! I didn't notice it the first time
Jul 25, 2016 3:09 AM

Mar 2015
Brook's bursting into laughter and reaction were priceless
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 25, 2016 11:23 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
bull just faints away like this

Jan 14, 2019 11:00 PM

Jun 2016
I got shivers and my jaw dropped when Luffy beat that bull with pure intimidation via intensity. A direct call back to Shank's scaring of the Sea King with a simple gaze. It was even done similarly to that scene where both focus on the eyes of the beast and the intense stare of Luffy/Shanks. Motobalo may not have been a sea king, but it could feel how strong Luffy was and it fled for it's life. After all he's done and how he's been mastering his gears well... it's not surprise. This is yet another step in him catching up to Shanks. I'm still shivering that was awesome, holy cow. That had to be one of my favorite moments in One Piece, my jaw seriously dropped of pure amazement...

Duval is a funny gag character and I'd assume he'd never come back but you know Oda and I would bet he most definitely will. So he's just a bully low level mafia guy who's too dumb to cut his hair and shave who got unlucky enough to look like Sanji's crappy wanted poster and since that ruined his life he wore a mask and took on a new identity to escape his fears. Basically he has misplaced anger on Sanji and not the guy who made the wanted poster and Sanji ain't having any of it. His absolute non-compassion for such an idiot was so satisfying. "WHAT DO I CARE?!". Not only that but his existence reminds him of his ugly poster. I laughed really hard throughout, especially at Brook laughing his bones off at the scenario.

I also liked how Luffy completely didn't respect Duval. As he said, Duval isn't worth fighting. Not only is he incredibly weak compared to the crew right now and plot wise being used to show how far they've grown, but he doesn't have anything worth fighting for or against. He's just an idiot and like Shank's taught him, that's not a battle he should go into happily. It's a waste to treat someone like him seriously.

As for the cannon, I loved it. It's so Franky to leave secret contraptions in the ship like that, it would make their reveal absolutely amazing and bombastic just as he likes it. Plus Oda went an extra mile in making it make sense by having tons of cola be used to keep it in place and not flying all over the place. That said, I wonder how Franky managed to make an energy canon. And, it was another scenario to make Usopp and Franky even closer. They have so much respect for each other! Franky makes the weapons, Usopp helps, and then Usopp takes directions and uses his sniping skills with Franky's weapons. It's wonderful.

Wow, I didn't expect this comedy / growth sub arc to be so awesome. Hachi, Luffy's development, the comedy, the way it grew Franky & Usopp, and gave Brook a way to give back to the crew, and the way it reminded us of Zoro's injuries, and the way it let us see Franky's canon. This has been really fun and good.
Mar 12, 2020 7:45 PM

Nov 2018
The comedy was really good this episode, especially Sanji's nosebleed

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jul 26, 2020 12:47 PM

May 2016
The Thousand Sunny is pretty much the best pirate ship ever! It just keeps on getting better and better every time the going gets tough.

It's great to see that Camie was able to help as well by saving Sanji from drowning and tolerating him bleeding all over her bosom~

Duval's not exactly what you call a nice guy so I don't feel bad for him being put in the situation he's in. His existence is a cursed one, though, that's for certain. I hope that he'll take that full-course beating as an opportunity to get some good plastic surgery to get those Marines out of his hair.

Luffy just did something epic and I did not expect him to use that ability Shanks demonstrated a while back here. I'm so excited to see him use it more!

Aug 1, 2020 4:03 AM
Apr 2020
SHDJHGSD IS THIS WHERE LUFFY LEARNS HAKI?? THE HYPE IS REAL 5/5
Sep 14, 2020 3:21 AM

Dec 2007
so good episode for this little lousy arc.

luffy reaction was priceless, robin's too.

now we are going to get the real stuff.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The Essential Guide to watching One Piece

Nito-San - Nov 12, 2012

41 by Sch4n »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1102 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

45 by Mahendra496 »»
37 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 365 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Aug 12, 2008

52 by shadow-Kirito »»
37 minutes ago

» My theory about the one piece

elops_ms - Yesterday

3 by elops_ms »»
1 hour ago

» Finally the one piece ended

Katis-Yeager - Yesterday

28 by PR4NJ4L »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.