Forum Settings
Forums

Some people really hate white people, as of racism is not only towards black people, white people also suffer racism, I hope you all understand that.

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 23, 2013 9:02 PM

Oct 2012
Araby said:
elite-sama said:
Yes you can do both; they are not mutually exclusive.
Ignore and acknowledge are antonyms.
Negative. One acknowledges that racism exists and the forms of it, while promoting the attitude to diminish the effect of specific racism. You are conflating context.

Removing words from vocabulary is like babysitting and censorship. It is surely more mature, however harder, to accept the concept while refuting it in meaning, then to refuse to acknowledge the concept by telling people to shut up. Getting offended by "nigger" does one thing and one thing only: acknowledge the power the other person who said it has over you.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 23, 2013 9:04 PM

Oct 2013
What's your point OP? This thread looks more like your personal Twitter.
Coño!
Oct 23, 2013 9:17 PM

Mar 2012
mbac said:
to summarize - you don't have to get offended by words - what you should be upset about is the intent behind those words
To summarize, you contradicted what you just said. The reason people become upset by the use of slang words such as 'retard', is because those words literally exist to be used with malicious intent.

elite-sama said:
It is surely more mature, however harder, to accept the concept while refuting it in meaning, then to refuse to acknowledge the concept by telling people to shut up.
So, this is about "maturity" now? Does "maturity" matter more than effectiveness?

Also, you're misconstruing my point. It's not telling people to shut up, it's explaining to them why it is that they might consider shutting up.

Getting offended by "nigger" does one thing and one thing only: acknowledge the power the other person who said it has over you.
I agree. The part of your approach that has to do with encouraging people to not be offended by the use of certain words is perfectly reasonable.

Mod Edit: Double post merged.
ThangLongOct 24, 2013 11:51 AM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 23, 2013 9:31 PM

Apr 2012
The day individual discrimination becomes the norm racism will be forever forgotten as there will be no races, everybody will hate everybody else's guts.

Araby said:
mbac said:
to summarize - you don't have to get offended by words - what you should be upset about is the intent behind those words
To summarize, you contradicted what you just said. The reason people become upset by the use of slang words such as 'retard', is because those words literally exist to be used with malicious intent.

Those words don't exist to be used with malicious intent, what if you are a doctor who needs to tell a parent that his/her child is in fact a retard, does that mean that you're saying it with malicious intent?

The meaning and the intent behind the use of a word are always separate.
AloxamaxOct 23, 2013 9:48 PM
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Oct 24, 2013 12:00 AM

Mar 2012
racism against whites doesn't exist [50390242]
Oct 24, 2013 2:15 AM

Jan 2013
elite-sama said:
Removing words from vocabulary is like babysitting and censorship. It is surely more mature, however harder, to accept the concept while refuting it in meaning, then to refuse to acknowledge the concept by telling people to shut up. Getting offended by "nigger" does one thing and one thing only: acknowledge the power the other person who said it has over you.
This is something we agree upon. That said, I can't even phantomize how hard it is to choose the high road on a daily basis, such that it would eventually lose in meaning.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
And the best part is that no one can prove it wrong
The best part is that you somehow actually exist.
Oct 24, 2013 8:29 AM

Aug 2012
Seriously, I have no problem with racist jokes, I mean, do black people really get offended by jokes? I never met a black guy who said "Omfg black people jokes keeps me awake during the night they are so terrible im gonna cry" before. And really, white people suffer way more than black people, because the racism we suffer affects our life (racial quotas, and so on). And not to mention there are many white people jokes. I am VERY white, I am whiter than the average people, and I've been called many times "Hey, snow!", "Hey, cloudy!", or things like that. And how many fucks did I give for that jokes? None, I am not butthurt because someone called me "snow". So what is the problem if someone calls you "Slideshow's ending" or "Nightfall"?
Oct 24, 2013 8:45 AM

Jan 2013
lupadim said:
And really, white people suffer way more than black people, because the racism we suffer affects our life (racial quotas, and so on).
Please say that you are not serious?
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
And the best part is that no one can prove it wrong
The best part is that you somehow actually exist.
Oct 24, 2013 9:20 AM

Sep 2007
Man. Must be hard as hell to be white these days. All that racism? Just can't handle it.
Oct 24, 2013 9:21 AM

Aug 2012
Wasabi said:
Man. Must be hard as hell to be white these days. All that racism? Just can't handle it.
IT IS HARD if you are trying to enter a college which got racial quotas. At Brazil, we have many jokes like that. If you got burned a bit by the sun, they say "hey, apply to the college, you might enter with the racial quotas! haha"
Oct 24, 2013 11:56 AM

Dec 2012
Thread Cleaned

Quote tower put into spoiler tag. Double post merged. Some derailing comments removed.
Oct 24, 2013 11:57 AM

Mar 2012
Aloxamax said:
Araby said:
mbac said:
Those words don't exist to be used with malicious intent, what if you are a doctor who needs to tell a parent that his/her child is in fact a retard, does that mean that you're saying it with malicious intent?

The meaning and the intent behind the use of a word are always separate.
Bolded part of my original post. I was referring to slang use, specifically. 'Retard', the slang term, didn't originate as a compliment and you'd be hard pressed to find someone using it as a compliment now.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 24, 2013 7:17 PM

Apr 2012
Araby said:
Bolded part of my original post. I was referring to slang use, specifically. 'Retard', the slang term, didn't originate as a compliment and you'd be hard pressed to find someone using it as a compliment now.

Turning something into a slang doesn't change the meaning of the word, it's just being used according to the intent of the person.

That's why I think that what mbac said is atleast partially true, anybody can easily use any word as an insult, compliment or neither and anybody can easily take it as any of the three.

If someone says something to you with malicious intent, you should be mad at the intent behind the word(s). You can't deem a word as an insult or compliment because words weren't made to be insults or compliments, they were made to address or describe everything that surrounds us and everything that we are.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Oct 25, 2013 12:14 AM

Jun 2013
Good thing I live in a country where racism isn't really that much of a problem.
Oct 25, 2013 12:22 AM

May 2013
Sure white people suffer from racism too. Not nearly on the same level black people do though. In the US at least, black people were slaves that weren't educated. White people were educated since the beginning of the education system. They started out with land, black's didn't. They had to play the "catch up" game when slavery was abolished. Starting from scratch, much later than we did. On top of having to start from scratch, they were still discriminated against for a long time. Much worse than White's. They are still crippled in society, from their past, and because a lot of white people in high power still exist, less black people. Sure we can look at Obama, but look at the big picture man. That's like starting a race to success with White's having 100+ year headstart.

Why do I bring this up? Because you're actually bringing up that black people
have reserved slots in college - to gain education. The very thing their parents were deprived of. So what if they get a little advantage now in the education system?

You want to get technical, go ahead.

I hope you understand though.
Oct 25, 2013 5:42 AM

Aug 2012
nomanz said:
Why do I bring this up? Because you're actually bringing up that black peoplehave reserved slots in college - to gain education. The very thing their parents were deprived of. So what if they get a little advantage now in the education system?

Because giving them advantages is being racist against black race (they get advantages because of their skin color? Great fucking deal having a brown skin color, why would you win advantages because of that?), and not only that, but racism against white (we get less slots at colleges).
Oct 25, 2013 1:41 PM

Apr 2013
I hate all races equally, even my own.

I'm racist, all right. But at least I'm EQUALLY racist.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Oct 25, 2013 2:01 PM

Apr 2011
I would still say white people have "the upper hand" and black people are generally more often exposed as victims. Seriously though, what's the meaning of discussing what race have it worse? That's not what should be the main issue.
Oct 25, 2013 2:03 PM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:

White people have had the hardest time of all races....everyone knows this.
Oct 25, 2013 2:18 PM

May 2013
I would really like to see some sources for the original statement.
DatDanimexicanOct 25, 2013 2:23 PM
Oct 25, 2013 2:58 PM

Aug 2013
Why did this discussin have to be on an ANIME based site? and what's with the titel?, it seems like you were trying to start a Whites vs Blacks war, you knew full well that people will flock to this forum as soon as they read the titel. If you really wanted to make it a casual discussito you should have done your homework and come up with a way of having this discussion without conflict. It's common sence that all races, beliefs and genders are discriminated against and we all feel that we have got it the worse, so logically people will come to their own's defence. This will then lead to hate, tention and reporting on what should be people sharing and discussing their love of anime with a bit of reality.

Was this a discussion or your way of getting negative and defensive feed back from people?.
Oct 25, 2013 2:59 PM

Apr 2013
Jigsaw-PZ said:
Why did this discussin have to be on an ANIME based site?

Not everything has to do with anime on this site. That's why there is casual discussion and current event boards and stuff like that.
an egomaniac and a fool

Oct 25, 2013 3:02 PM

Aug 2013
LevailRenn said:
Jigsaw-PZ said:
Why did this discussin have to be on an ANIME based site?

Not everything has to do with anime on this site. That's why there is casual discussion and current event boards and stuff like that.

Yeah i know, am just pissed is all. Just ignor the first bit.
Oct 25, 2013 3:13 PM

Sep 2011
JustALEX said:
Wasabi said:

White people have had the hardest time of all races....everyone knows this.

Hey guys, we could all learn a little something from Arrested Development, that it's not easy being white or brown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-PkutG_Q2Q

@ 1:10
Oct 25, 2013 3:21 PM

Oct 2012
nomanz said:
Sure white people suffer from racism too. Not nearly on the same level black people do though. In the US at least, black people were slaves that weren't educated. White people were educated since the beginning of the education system. They started out with land, black's didn't. They had to play the "catch up" game when slavery was abolished. Starting from scratch, much later than we did. On top of having to start from scratch, they were still discriminated against for a long time. Much worse than White's. They are still crippled in society, from their past, and because a lot of white people in high power still exist, less black people. Sure we can look at Obama, but look at the big picture man. That's like starting a race to success with White's having 100+ year headstart.

have reserved slots in college - to gain education. The very thing their parents were deprived of. So what if they get a little advantage now in the education system?

I believe in equal opportunity, not equal standing. For example, I should have the same opportunity, ideally, to become a CEO of Google. What this does not mean is that Fortune 500 companies must give me a higher paying job because I was born poorer than another person.

So what if they get a little advantage now in the education system? It's racist. That's what.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 25, 2013 4:22 PM

May 2013
elite-sama said:
nomanz said:

I believe in equal opportunity, not equal standing. For example, I should have the same opportunity, ideally, to become a CEO of Google. What this does not mean is that Fortune 500 companies must give me a higher paying job because I was born poorer than another person.

So what if they get a little advantage now in the education system? It's racist. That's what.

Those placements are needed though because certain groups of people are discriminated against. Maybe you are not quite aware of this, but when going for an interview for a job or something of the sort, the employer may favor the white man over the black man or the normal man over the man with autism, even if the black man/man with autism is much more qualified and is much better suited to the job. That is not racist. It is giving those that would otherwise be discriminated against a chance.
Oct 25, 2013 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
Dark_Chaos said:
elite-sama said:
nomanz said:

Those placements are needed though because certain groups of people are discriminated against. Maybe you are not quite aware of this, but when going for an interview for a job or something of the sort, the employer may favor the white man over the black man or the normal man over the man with autism, even if the black man/man with autism is much more qualified and is much better suited to the job. That is not racist. It is giving those that would otherwise be discriminated against a chance.
No, it is not addressing inherent bias, but fighting bias with bias, racism with further racism, and fire with fire.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 25, 2013 4:34 PM

May 2013
elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:
elite-sama said:
nomanz said:

No, it is not addressing inherent bias, but fighting bias with bias, racism with further racism, and fire with fire.

Perhaps so, but it is fairer than letting the employer decide who gets in and who doesn't, which may be based on bias. It gives those who may previously have not had a chance, the chance. What if I were an employer, and decided that the only employees I wanted were chinese? What if a white man and/or black man comes along with better qualifications than the chinese man, but I still choose the chinese man? What then? What will happen to the white/black men then?
Oct 25, 2013 4:58 PM

Feb 2010
Why are people taking this topic seriously? ;_;
Oct 25, 2013 5:31 PM

Oct 2012
Dark_Chaos said:
Perhaps so, but it is fairer than letting the employer decide who gets in and who doesn't, which may be based on bias. It gives those who may previously have not had a chance, the chance. What if I were an employer, and decided that the only employees I wanted were chinese? What if a white man and/or black man comes along with better qualifications than the chinese man, but I still choose the chinese man? What then? What will happen to the white/black men then?
So the rationale here is that institutionalizing racism to fight off potential racism makes it fair, it is therefore good policy.

Like I said to Araby a couple pages back: short sighted.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 25, 2013 5:38 PM

May 2013
elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:
So the rationale here is that institutionalizing racism to fight off potential racism makes it fair, it is therefore good policy.

I never said it was fair. I said it was fairer than the alternative. There is no fair option, unfortunately. That is something we all have to accept.
Oct 25, 2013 5:54 PM

Oct 2012
Dark_Chaos said:
elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:

I never said it was fair. I said it was fairer than the alternative. There is no fair option, unfortunately. That is something we all have to accept.
I have a better idea: I can choose not to accept racist policies in the name of fairness, but policies which promote fairness without racism.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 25, 2013 6:09 PM

May 2013
elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:
elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:

I have a better idea: I can choose not to accept racist policies in the name of fairness, but policies which promote fairness without racism.

But your ideal is more racist than how things currently are. Your ideal could hardly be called "fair".
Oct 25, 2013 6:16 PM

Oct 2012
Dark_Chaos said:
But your ideal is more racist than how things currently are. Your ideal could hardly be called "fair".
"Okay" lol
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 25, 2013 6:24 PM

Nov 2012
I'm against giving privilege to black people because just because their ancestors had a hard time it doesn't necessarily means they are having a hard time too.
In the present they aren't living any harder than any other race (I guess?), so why compensate for something that is left on the past?
Oct 25, 2013 6:50 PM

May 2013
Akito_Kinomoto said:

Outrageous, why not. Are you implying that because a specific user created this particular topic, it is not to be taken seriously?
Oct 25, 2013 7:06 PM

Oct 2012
Cocaine-guy said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

Outrageous, why not. Are you implying that because a specific user created this particular topic, it is not to be taken seriously?
One should not imply
A thought he does not dare speak
For that is man's way.

--elite-sama
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 25, 2013 7:10 PM

May 2013
elite-sama said:
Cocaine-guy said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

One should not imply
For that is man's way.

--elite-sama

Are you implying that there is no 'woman' way?
Oct 25, 2013 7:15 PM

Oct 2012
Cocaine-guy said:
elite-sama said:
Cocaine-guy said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

One should not imply
For that is man's way.

--elite-sama

He has implied naught,
For elite-sama is Man,
His haiku is Word.

--elite-sama
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 25, 2013 9:10 PM

Jul 2012
gstaad said:
Don't confuse positive discrimination with racism.
The fact that you're male and white means you will never be discriminated against. Count your blessings and shut up.

Every race gets discrimination, telling someone that they will never be Judged against for being white is discriminating sort of.
Oct 25, 2013 11:01 PM

May 2013
elite-sama said:
Cocaine-guy said:
elite-sama said:
Cocaine-guy said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

One should not imply
For that is man's way.

--elite-sama

He has implied naught,
For elite-sama is Man,
His haiku is Word.

--elite-sama

Are you implying that a haiku is a word, or the haiku is ''word'?
Oct 25, 2013 11:24 PM

Oct 2012
Cocaine-guy said:
elite-sama said:
Cocaine-guy said:
elite-sama said:
Cocaine-guy said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

One should not imply
For that is man's way.

--elite-sama

He has implied naught,
For elite-sama is Man,
His haiku is Word.

--elite-sama

Are you implying that a haiku is a word, or the haiku is ''word'?
His word once spoken
shall remain as firm as the
Earth beneath his feet.

—elite-sama
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 26, 2013 1:58 AM

Dec 2010
Too many haikus
are up in this bitch, homie
Needs some rap, my nig.
Dec 20, 2013 3:51 AM

Sep 2012
Never start a discussion about race and racism. It will end in Haikus and people rapping.
"Guys are simple creatures. Just by talking to them, they get the wrong idea." - Hachiman Hikigaya
Dec 20, 2013 4:03 AM

Dec 2012
I'm always making fun of pretty much every race. Especially white people. They are the most retarded usually.
Dec 20, 2013 5:27 AM

Aug 2009
8man said:
I'm always making fun of pretty much every race. Especially white people. They are the most retarded usually.

I'm guessing you're not too fond of yourself?
Dec 20, 2013 6:21 AM

Nov 2012
I'm white and I think this is bs.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 6 hours ago

13 by deg »»
10 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Yesterday

16 by DesuMaiden »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

34 by DesuMaiden »»
14 minutes ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

21 by 707supremacist »»
30 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

315 by Lightskynight »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.