Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2009 9:31 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
-rosa gigantea was mistranslated. it read rosa foetida.

-little boyfriend eh? that was kind of a musing.

-i still don't really get the whole touko thing. they havent really explained anything. but to shoot yumi down like that...that was uncalled for. i wonder if she would have accepted had she asked her a while back when everyone was certain that she would ask her.
Feb 14, 2009 10:49 PM

Aug 2007
Touko chan was definitely a meanie back there.

The last scene with Sachiko and Yumi there was very tear jerking ;_; How even Sachiko shed some tears then was very heart-wrenching. And then the violin music in the background! Gaw, I started actually crying.

EDIT: Geez, I'm listening to the soundtrack, and it's just full of sad songs! ;____; There's even one called "bitter tears".

TT______________TT
ItenaFeb 14, 2009 11:20 PM
Feb 15, 2009 1:46 AM

Apr 2008
;_; indeed

Drama carpet bomb this episode. It's great.

Fitting in with the "planning and walking the path of the future" theme, I think Touko explained her issue well without going into specifics -- she's at a point where she's directionless and uncertain. Doesn't really matter exactly what it is at home that makes her feel that way. Happens to everyone...especially at 16.

Anyway, she got the impression that Yumi trying to make her her soeur was out of pity, instead of trying to join and bolster her. That hit a prideful spot, like Yumi thinking Sachiko was offering her rosary arbitrarily way back when.

and lol Twister
SuperkiteJan 17, 2010 10:16 PM
Feb 15, 2009 1:56 AM

Sep 2007
I don't think, Touko would have accepted the rosary if Yumi asked her sooner, cos she never once showed it that she wants to be her souer. IMHO for Touko is a bit hard to be with Yumi, cos Yumi is trying to get behind her wall of pride, and even manages to do it, but Touko doesn't really want anyone to know her real self. I think that's why she said to Yumi that she's not a good girl. Well they are quite opposites. I mean the always acting Touko and the always honest Yumi...

As for the episode, Nana was cute :) And twister is lol, I always remember Honey&clover when I see that game :D ... and don't give up Yumi! Faito dayo!
Feb 15, 2009 7:16 AM

Aug 2008
Really didnt expect to see that, man it came as a complete shock.

w9950 said:
Anyway, she got the impression that Yumi trying to make her her soeur was out of pity, instead of trying to join and bolster her. That hit a prideful spot, like Yumi thinking Sachiko was offering her rosary arbitrarily way back when.

Even though i agree, it didnt occur to me, guess the shock was too much. I guess the best part is Yumi has made her decision and how it mirrored Sachiko so much in the past. When i saw them stood in front of the statue i just knew she was going to ask, would of been annoyed if she hadnt.

I also loved the last scene between Yumi and Sachiko, even though it wasnt a good event that led up to it, i still like scenes showing how close they are.
Feb 15, 2009 7:05 PM

Aug 2008
loved it, touko will give in eventually, BTW does anyone have a way to get the OP into a decent quality mp3? Like where can I find that? :(
Feb 15, 2009 9:19 PM

Feb 2008
well yumi's timing was kind of off. she know there was something wrong with touko but failed to find out what. it should not have been such a shock that it would turn out that way. touko is a blunt individual so her response was sort of expected but not so much warranted.

well then, like sister like sister?
Feb 16, 2009 2:39 AM
May 2008
in this season, there are more and more talking about Touko and so Yumi. This is because is the time for Yumi get a seur and Touko is in the considering list. BTW, there are also didn't have any other people who could fix this post. Thus, Touko is the one. So, of cause the story between them are required to make the story become more interesting. Hence, i think they will later talking about how Yumi play her 'special' post in Touko's heart and finally how they build up their sister's relationship.

btw, the next ep. is quite expected as is talking about the future of them. whereter Sachiko will marry with Kashiwaki or not and also maybe talking about Touko's part too.

so, let's us expecting next ep.!! ^^
Feb 16, 2009 4:12 AM

Aug 2008
fuyuki_snn said:
Sachiko will marry with Kashiwaki or not

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Although I think he's a good guy and all, still.
Feb 16, 2009 9:41 AM
Aug 2007
A bitter Touko, whose dream to become a cartographer was snatched away from her at a young age, takes out her frustrations on Yumi. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
Feb 17, 2009 2:51 AM

Feb 2009
w9950 said:
Drama carpet bomb this episode. It's great.

I felt the say way. I've loved this return to the drama after the other seasons being a little tame in terms of the drama dosage. I'm getting my Marimite drama fix and then some, I'm afraid I may overdose.
Jun 11, 2009 12:34 AM

Mar 2007
I'm shocked and confused. Not in a good way. Yes, I support Toko becoming Yumi's petite soeur, but...

Yumi hadn't said a thing about giving her rosary to Toko before. It seemed kinda sudden, almost as if she had made the decision completely on the spot, without thinking it over, as if it were purely out of pity; here I thought Yumi wasn't so thoughtless as to do something like that. Not to mention, the scene where she actually made the request went really fast. As Yumi handed over the rosary, she did it with a pretty straight face, almost as if it was an easy, effortless decision, instead of the momentous one it really was, and especially since we weren't even once informed of her consideration beforehand.

I think this scene was rushed. Very much so. I had to watch it 3 or 4 times over just to get a sense of the impetus behind Yumi's decision, and yet I'm still confused.

Oh yeah, and somehow the leaves defied gravity that scene too! They're both facing opposite directions, yet the wind appears to be blowing to the right of the screen each time! WUT?!

Oh well. Long live the Pigtail Brigade!!

Addendum: SAD YUMI MAKES ME WANT TO GIVE HER A BIG BEAR HUG ><'
SgtSweetieBelleJun 11, 2009 12:50 AM

Jan 23, 2014 7:02 AM

Dec 2010
I don't like when Yumi cries. When Yumi cries, I cries.

Although her timing wasn't the best. It would have been very anticlimatic if Touko had accepted in the spot.
Feb 14, 2014 6:04 AM

Aug 2013
Just when you think Touko's becoming a likable character, she goes and makes Yumi cry :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 13, 2014 5:28 AM
Feb 2014
That wailing cry Yumi gives into Sachiko's chest. You can hear the pain. ;_; Gets me every time.
Dec 22, 2014 10:00 PM

Sep 2014
Toukooooooooooo :////////

I don't like seeing a sad Yumi, makes me want to cry. :(

Lol @ Yoshino and her pigtails. That was too cute!
Feb 6, 2015 9:19 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Darn that Toko. She made Yumi by not accepting her Rosary.

Nice present by Sachiko. The initials on the bottom S for Sachiko and Y for Yumi.

Sep 14, 2017 6:55 AM
Aug 2014
I both didn't expect Yumi to ask Touko at that time, nor did I expect Touko to reject it. It did feel like Yumi asked at that moment just to cheer up Touko even though she would have asked anyway the timing was a bit unfortunate.

With how Touko is at the moment I don't see her accepting till what is making her be that way is resolved.
Jan 8, 2022 9:20 AM

Aug 2018
Touko is more calm than usual.. If this continues, she might as well develop different personality.. I won't say it's bad or good.. It can be either way..
Anime is hinting towards Touko's future inheriting their family business, something like that?.. Well, we'll learn in time, I think..
Yumi cares about Touko.. But Touko isn't too trusting Yumi for now.. And well, they had history of Yumi pissing off Touko, really.. So it's understandable, why Touko doesn't accept Yumi's proposal to become sisters.. Maybe later they'll bond through Touko's situation or something.. But for now they're not that close.. At least from Touko's side..
Apr 24, 2022 9:10 PM

Jun 2014
Touko turned Yumi's rosary down, but Yumi may get another chance.

When Yumi cried, it made me really sad. It's a good thing that Sachiko is there for her.

May 2, 2022 2:52 AM

Jul 2021
Just like what people said, when Yumi cried, we all cry in some way
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 6, 2022 4:47 AM

Jul 2020
Come on, this Touko chick has been a bitch for two seasons, why offer her a rosary? I'm enjoying this show overall but sometimes some characters pull such stunts that I just can't help but wonder how retarded can you get
Jun 20, 2022 5:43 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The Christmas party was, for the most part, a success! At first it was awkward because of Rei and Yoshino, but then everything mellowed out once they did their introductions thanks to Tsutako, and then Rei and Yoshino once again got dramatic but they figured it out for themselves that time lol, but I really liked that moment between those two, probably my favorite pairing in the show.

And wow, I honestly didn’t expect Yumi to try and make Touko her little sister in this episode, but damn she went for it! And, as expected, she was rejected, I figured that would happen since it seems too early and Yumi still hasn’t learned about Touko’s family situation, it sucks but it makes sense. Yumi’s heartfelt cry in Sachiko’s arms really hit hard tho, especially right after the wholesome Christmas gift exchange. Don’t worry Yumi, you can just ask her again later lol.
Dec 24, 2023 6:41 PM

Jul 2023
Yoshino's drama with Rei get resolve quickly. Disappointed that Nana-chan did not have some moment here.

Touko shared her thoughts eith Yumi and became vulnerable, but it wasn't enough for her to accept Yumi's rosary. It seems that Yumi must further shatter the emotional walls that Touko has erected.

Next episode, we segue back to Sachiko. It might be a more relaxing episode compared to this, but who knows. Marimite is capable of surprising you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

id - Mar 27, 2009

68 by Rurihime »»
Feb 9, 1:28 PM

» Will there ever be a season 5?

grandy_UiD - Feb 18, 2012

13 by Rurihime »»
Feb 9, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 12 Discussion

kisami - Mar 21, 2009

24 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 4:35 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 11 Discussion

Beave - Mar 14, 2009

32 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 10 Discussion

Beave - Mar 8, 2009

25 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 2:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.