Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2013 4:37 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Is Goemon a cat or a dog?
Apr 15, 2016 10:47 PM

Oct 2012
Hahahahaa oh shit when she drop kicked Goemon I LOL'd. I fuckin love the Coach's VA too, whenever he says "NANI???" that shit is gold. Also, Otowa is a basic bitch, I'm glad Hiromi kicked her ass.
Oct 8, 2016 9:01 PM

Apr 2014
i wonder why Touda shows so much interest in her. this is kinda like those situations when the lame MC of a shounen anime gets an entire harem for no reason. is there a legitimate reason why he's like that or is it just purely because she's MC? i'm curious to find out
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2016 1:05 PM

May 2016
Maki has a hilarious pervert/foot stomp face.

"I wish I threw a match too..."

LOL

"I guess the good things outweighed the bad."

Hiromi is a perpetual optimist...

"Good night, Ochoufujin and Toudou-san."

Hiromi has two simultaneous crushes and both are showering her with attention. Maybe there is a reason for her optimism.
Lease_of_LifeDec 1, 2016 1:17 PM
"I will become his world and will make him my world" - You really should know who said this.

"Firing at unarmed citizens is a feat that those without courage and a chivalrous spirit simply cannot accomplish." - Oskar von Reuenthal

"No way Spirited Away is better than Akira. NO WAY." - Kanye West
Apr 17, 2017 4:38 PM

Jan 2015
Wow, did the people who do this actually know the rules of tennis or something ? Calling a winner an ace, then smashing a service directly...
Also, she couldn't score a point in the previous match, but now she suddenly wins an entire set against an opponent of similar strength, without practicing at all between the two and with a racket that's not hers ? ... I call bullshit, no amount of psychological excuses can make me stomach that.
May 30, 2017 5:41 AM
Aug 2014
From the looks of it she was mostly just returning the shots and letting her opponent make the mistakes. Found it a bit strange as well, but she had complete confidence that she would dominate Hiromi, but when that didn't happen right from the off she started forcing herself more and more leading to more and more mistakes.

"My nerves are in shock! How can I play tennis?"
Toudou gives her his racket and she proceeds to play the best tennis of her life.
Dec 20, 2017 7:17 PM

Nov 2016
Felt good to see Otowa loose,but honestly where did the sudden improvement come from ? xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 20, 2021 6:47 PM

Jun 2014
Lol at the way Hiromi treats her cat! Does she think he's a bean bag or something? :P

Otowa was so anxious to win, that it negatively affected her play, and Hiromi did better than she ever did. Hiromi thinks that it was a fluke, but I honestly believe that she's slowly improving.

It appears that Otowa was the one who stole the racket that Ryuuzaki gave her, but only Ryuuzaki knows.

Nov 7, 2021 1:28 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Maki might be one of the first top tier besties.

Hiromi being so fickle is finally ended. I get she didn't want to be on varsity cause it was much worse outcome of her peers but if she can be encouraged to do better by people she likes, then fuck everyone else.

I have to say some of the music in here was really cool, like the throw down scene.
Apr 3, 2022 5:10 PM

Dec 2021
Poor Goemon, definitely a "hands-off" type of cat. Glad to see the MC finally man-up and get serious about her potential in tennis. It felt seriously good watching Otowa actually losing.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Mar 26, 10:32 PM

Jul 2007
Reply to beloving
i wonder why Touda shows so much interest in her. this is kinda like those situations when the lame MC of a shounen anime gets an entire harem for no reason. is there a legitimate reason why he's like that or is it just purely because she's MC? i'm curious to find out
@beloving

This is what I want to know as well lol. The story it self hitches on the idea that were supposed to some how feel the coach understands some hidden latent talent within Hiromi and the reason why she was elected for a tournement competition, but i don't see any of that as of yet.
ArtimesGamerMar 26, 10:36 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 3 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Oct 18, 2013

11 by ArtimesGamer »»
Mar 26, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 26 Discussion

Seabury - Mar 5, 2012

18 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 27, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 20 Discussion

Unowen - Mar 7, 2016

5 by johneaston »»
Nov 2, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 23 Discussion

Unowen - Mar 10, 2016

9 by Perevodildo »»
Dec 13, 2022 11:05 AM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 18 Discussion

Unowen - Mar 6, 2016

7 by Fronzel »»
Dec 8, 2022 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.