Forum Settings
Forums

Official English Dub of Evangelion 3.0 to Premiere at New York Comic Con on October 11

New
Oct 4, 2013 1:50 PM
Mar 2013
The official English dub of Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo will be premiering at the New York Comic Con on Friday, October 11, 2013. The third film of the rebuild series will be aired on the Main Stage (1-D) at 8 PM local time.

More details can be found on Funimation's tumblr or on the New York Comic Con's website (links provided below). The English cast is also available on Funimation's tumblr post.

Sources: Funimation Tumblr, New York Comic Con Website
myanimelistllcMar 5, 2016 5:42 AM
[b]Join #myanimelist on RizonIRC![b]
(^∇^)

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 4, 2013 1:51 PM
Mar 2013
Also, as an Eva fan, finally! Been waiting for this.
[b]Join #myanimelist on RizonIRC![b]
(^∇^)

Oct 4, 2013 2:09 PM
Oct 2008
Cool, Good for people who've been waiting for it to get dubbed.
Oct 4, 2013 2:23 PM

Nov 2008
Bet it's gonna make some good money like always and wouldn't mind watching it too
Oct 4, 2013 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
Damn I've been wanting this day to happen for far too long
Sup People and yes I am the physical manifestation of Shinji Ikari's Balls

And this what elite-sama says to incest
elite-sama said:
I'm against it because I don't have a sister. It's not fair.
Oct 4, 2013 2:44 PM

Jan 2011
Cool, can't wait to rewatch it dubbed.
[center]
Oct 4, 2013 2:48 PM

Nov 2012
I'm all for it, but I was never able to stand Shinjis English VA.
Oct 4, 2013 3:18 PM
Apr 2013
I cannot wait until comic con :3
Oct 4, 2013 3:45 PM

Oct 2012
The English Dub is finally coming out of the closet! Yay!

...'cause it's national coming out of the closet day y'see.

Haha actually, remembering the pictures from the 3rd movie, that's actually quite an appropriate association XD.
Oct 4, 2013 4:03 PM

Oct 2012
Finally, been waiting for this.

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
Oct 4, 2013 4:14 PM

Feb 2012
I'm still one of the few that hasn't seen anything Evangelion related. I'd say it's about time I start soon :p
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Oct 4, 2013 5:39 PM
Oct 2010
Not too interested, the dub for the other two didn't really impress me haha.
Oct 4, 2013 5:55 PM

Aug 2013
Cool. I haven't watched the rebuilds yet, but I'll probably get around to it soon. I hear the dub has improved compared to the original series, so this is great (but not surprising considering the hype) to hear.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Oct 4, 2013 6:48 PM

Apr 2011
Great news. Take my money funimation!
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Oct 4, 2013 9:16 PM

Apr 2010
They need to get CN to air it on adultswim too. Christmas time would be nice. :3
Oct 4, 2013 9:35 PM

Mar 2012
Replacing Sawashiro Miyuki with a nobody? Welp, there goes the only good thing about the movie. I'm sure the dub will be just fine though.The dubs for the Rebuilds have been especially good. This movie was my first experience with subbed Eva and it didn't feel right without Spike Spencer and Tiffany Grant.
Oct 4, 2013 10:40 PM
Feb 2012
The Dub's already made?! And it would be shown at that showing in Comic-con! ... that was quick. And now, to wait till early 2014 for its Blu-ray/DVD release (assuming that it would follow the earlier film's American releases)

They need to get CN to air it on adultswim too. Christmas time would be nice. :3

They will... but I feel that it would not be around Christmas time. Most of the time, it would be months (or years, but that shouldn't be the case) after the Blu-ray/DVD release. ... yet again, if they were to air it before the home release...
Oct 5, 2013 5:09 AM
May 2012
Oh I'm planning on watching Neon Genesis Evangelion and everything related to it soon but I'm going to watch it Japanese dubbed :P
Oct 5, 2013 5:19 AM

Oct 2011
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 5, 2013 8:57 AM

Oct 2008
YES!! I've already have seen the movie a few times but I still have a soft spot for the dub. Spike Spencer, Tiffany Grant and Allison Keith have come a long way since the old ADV dubs.
Oct 5, 2013 9:24 AM

Mar 2008
Wind_Sr said:
I'm still one of the few that hasn't seen anything Evangelion related. I'd say it's about time I start soon :p
Likewise.
Would've been cool to see this at NYCC, but I decided not to go this year. :(
In any case, this is yet another sign this week telling me that I need to finally watch the movies.

Oct 5, 2013 10:34 AM

Oct 2010
Trina Nishimura is far superior to the Japanese VA for Mari, IMO. Can't wait for this.
Oct 5, 2013 1:42 PM

May 2010
Wind_Sr said:

nonononono don't start with 3.0!
Fiction Responsibly
Oct 5, 2013 5:28 PM

Oct 2008
Do people even watch anime dubbed? I don't see the point of it. It's like you haven't really seen the anime if it's dubbed. It's just not the same. It would be like watching The Simpsons in any other language. It just wouldn't be the same. I'll never get why people watch dubbed anime. It's beyond me.
Oct 5, 2013 6:01 PM

Aug 2013
Chronowarp said:
Do people even watch anime dubbed? I don't see the point of it. It's like you haven't really seen the anime if it's dubbed. It's just not the same. It would be like watching The Simpsons in any other language. It just wouldn't be the same. I'll never get why people watch dubbed anime. It's beyond me.

Sigh....here we go again... -_- I'd hate for this thread to become another sub vs dub thread.
Just because there's an english dub doesn't make it, in any way, inferior to the original japanese dub.
"It's like you haven't really seen the anime if it's dubbed. It's just not the same"
Of course it's gonna be different. If the english VA's sounded the same as the japanese VA's, then there'd be no point to dubs, now would there? The english VA's are there to give THEIR RESPECTIVE portrayal of the character. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. For NGE, I'd say the english VA's do a DAMN good job.
Just because someone likes a specific anime's dubbed version better than its subbed version doesn't make them any less of a fan. They just happen to like a different version of it. Nothing wrong with that. Alternatively, they may like the subbed version better. Nothing wrong with that either.
For example, I like shows like Code Geass, Baccano, and Cowboy Bebop better dubbed, while I like Clannad better subbed. The dubbed versions, IMO, are in no way inferior.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Oct 5, 2013 7:22 PM
May 2013
The Evangelion Dub is actually really well done.
Oct 5, 2013 7:40 PM

Jul 2012
Awesome! Looking forward to a release on DVD/Bluray. Looking forward to this airing on Toonami.
Oct 5, 2013 8:05 PM

Mar 2008
Just_Augos said:
Wind_Sr said:

nonononono don't start with 3.0!
I think Wind_Sr is planning to start at the beginning. ;)

If I hadn't noticed this topic today, I may have never gotten around to watching any of the movies, if at least not for a while. Just saw the first one. Now onto 2.0~

Oct 5, 2013 8:54 PM

Mar 2012
Chronowarp said:
Do people even watch anime dubbed?
Yes. Most anime fans I've met in real life are fine with watching dubs. You're a minority
I don't see the point of it.
To branch out to a larger audience
It's like you haven't really seen the anime if it's dubbed. It's just not the same.
I've watched many anime both subbed and dubbed. The experience is more or less identical
It would be like watching The Simpsons in any other language. It just wouldn't be the same.
As I said, it's just a different version of the exact same show
I'll never get why people watch dubbed anime. It's beyond me.
Because you're an idiot. It's not that difficult
Oct 6, 2013 7:08 PM

Aug 2012
Oh finally... I've been waiting like 2 years for this. :D
Oct 22, 2013 2:42 PM

Mar 2013
Chronowarp said:
. It would be like watching The Simpsons in any other language.

i have watched the simpsons in french before and it really wasnt bad. it was different but not bad.
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.